Paladin

Mar 12, 2012 Pvp boots suggestions? I got a pair of 403 boots from BH today, the haste version... I reforge mastery. With my old 390crit boots i get 5.44%crit and 31.1%mastery, with the 403haste boots i get 4.75%crit and 31.3%mastery in addition to the stat bonuses. Suggestions on which boots to use? (First time i've been UNHAPPY with a loot from BH X_X )Holyturd3 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Question on best combination of DS gear sets This week I picked up a set of Legplates of Radiant Glory for my Paladin on a normal DS raid (not LFR). I have a full set of LFR Radiant glory to go with it if I want. I also have Visage of Petrification for a helm, LFR Backbreakers Spaulders for shoulders, Bones of the Damned for Chest and Grimfist Crushers for hands. Now individually the armor pieces all have much better stats than there LFR replacement, BUT I don’t get either of the 2 piece or 4 piece set bonuses. Is it worth trading out 3 items for the 4 piece set bonus? If so what three would you trade out. If I should only go for the 2 piece bonus what one should I pull? My gut says the shoulder. Thanks Cassanea5 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Should I play my Ret Paladin? Greetings. Im a hunter at heart as this is my main. A few years ago I played around with leveling a paladin. Ive NEVER played a healer spec / class as its just not my thing. Tanking also carries with it a big responsibility so I passed on that as well. I took a break for about 5 months or so and came back and recently began playing my main here. When I look at the character screen I see my paladin @ 80 and he looks lonely. All dramatic typing aside what I want to know is, is ret paladin still fun in your opinion or should I just forget about it? I realize everyone should play what they want and Ive never been big on multiple toons like, at ALL. Just want to know the current state of ret! Thanks, Baron RaygarRaygar10 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Holy or Ret for PvP? Haven't played a pally healer since BC how are they in pvp now? Also never played ret but it seems like a really strong fun spec to play for pvp how are they? This was my first toon ever so I want to lvl him to 85 and get back to my paladin roots!Jamesc14 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Consecration? I stopped playing around the end of Wrath, then started playing again a month or so ago. I just got back to tanking and saw the less need for Consecration and more need for HoR and Holy Wrath. I was wondering if any tanking paladins still put points into the Consecration talent and or use the glyph. And really if I should use it at all to tank with. Really the only instance I've relied on it heavily is HoT, but even that not too much.Lolknight18 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 The Pros of Holy I believe that not enough has been said for holy paladins on this forum. First off this will be an on going thread that will be edited and re-edited and re-edited as I find more pros for holy paladins. Feel free to leave any comments you think are pros about holy paladins and if you have opposing views post them but be respectful. My Story (You Don't Have To Read This): Back in BC as I leveled up this character I picked protection to start. I was still learning the mechanics of the game at that point and didn't know much and tanks should know a good amount before going into dungeons. After much debating with myself and others I decided to switch to retribution. Flash forward... level 64. These were the days in BC where there was no dungeon finder and you had to go on trade chat and ask around for possibly hours to find people. Problem was everyone had dps... they were only looking for healers at that point. I was at the point where I was desperate to do a dungeon so as a paladin I healed level 60 dungeons in retribution gear in the retribution spec. This is something that would never work today, and I was at the desperate point. Eventually, I found my self getting in so many dungeons and raids for just being a healer it was the sweet life. Now I am holy and I have never looked back as everybody is looking for healers out there. So here is the real part of this thread.. the pros of being a holy paladin. A cons list may be added later if need be. I'll start it off: Pros: 1) Healers of any sort are in need 2) Concepts are easy to understand once you build a solid rotation 3) Healadins are the only plate wearing healing spec (You all understand what that means) 4) In the topic of gear, the only people you compete against are other holy paladins 5) I myself like healing the tanks more than the raid. Healadins are mostly for tank healing 6) Beacon of Light... 7) Wide variety of healing, Flash of Light is quick, powerful, mana draining however, Holy Light is great if you build up your haste and spell power, and other sources of healing 8) Blessings are very helpful in raid groups 9) Arguably the best raid healer (Fallafell) 10) Fabulous Hair!! (Fallafell) 8 is good enough for now. Comment so I can hear different opinions from a wide variety of paladins. Thanks!Vedan4 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Cataclysmic Gladiator's Insignia of Victory Whats the average time between procs on this trinket?Darkshadow1 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 How do you fight a Rogue as a Paladin? I need tips or a lesson on how to beat rogues or at least be able to fight them... Anybody that pvp know how?Xalefor15 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 BGs with a Holy Paladin So I've decided to give PvP healing a try, and when it came down to PvPing with priest, shaman or pally I decided to go with well, pallies. The thing is, I know nothing about bg healing and right about nothing when it comes down to healing with a pally. Any help would be lovely; specc, glyphs, help with spells and rotations.. anything. Thanks in advance!Arganone2 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Am i doing it right?(prot) As far as my geming, enchanting, spec goes is it ok? i have tried to get as much mastery as i possible could. i check out wow-reforge every time i get a new piece of gear and reforge how it tells me. if you guys have any suggestions for improvement i am happy to hear it. i cant really make that many gear improvements as i don't raid normal ds just lfr. and i rather use valor for selling because i don't think lfr requires that much gear.Ibubble5 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Hand of Sacrifice on tank? I've been progressing through DS with my guild and have been noticing the tank (a dk) is having trouble surviving and our healers have pretty poor gear. Would it be wise to HoS the tank to help relieve some pressure?Laura6 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Enhance shaman & Retribution Paladin Hello everyone! I have a question for you the WoW community. I have been toying with the idea of making a melee toon and have been tandem leveling an enhance shammy and ret pally. I have both at 30 and would really like to take a focus on one of them. I am enjoying both immensely. I really like the speed of the combat for the shaman and how once maelstrom weapon comes into the picture there will be some nice flexibility added to it. And the paladin holy power point system is fun and I really enjoy the WoG vs TV choice and how "solid" the pally feels. I'd just like to see about getting people's opinions about these two talent specs as they have leveled them and what they are like around the max level circuit. Thank you for any and all input you may have for me! Ah, and as a sidenote, I will be posting this in the damage dealing and shaman forums as well to try and get as wide a base of opinions as possible. Again, thank you for your time.Moohammud8 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Thoughts on Bone Link Fetish for Ret PvP? I recently acquired a normal mode Bone Link Fetish, how is it for PvP? Would it be too much of a resil loss with the 2pc?Battlebeef7 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Ret paladin expertise for Ultraxion So i just heard from a guildie last night that the boss doesn't parry. Is it possible for me to take off glyph of seal of truth? if not, what would be the minimum expertise/expertise rating you would need? Thanks!Laybear2 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Shoulders 49 Archbishop Benedictus kills and still no shoulders!!!Tankhealplz13 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Paladin/race combo hate? With the release of Cata two new races came along, the worgen and the goblin. Both of those races cant become paladins. And now with the announcement of the new expansion, Mists of Pandaria, we are introduced to a new race, the Pandaran. This race also can not become paladins. This will be two expansions in a row that the new race has been unable to become paladins and i was just curious as to why, and if we will ever get to see a new race that can become a paladin.Lalla24 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 SoR'ed and trying to tank. I just got one of the Sor's and so i went from a level 30 i have not played in about a year to a level 80, trying to tank dungeons. I was hoping to get some advice on what i was doing, wrong, i'm not trying to be the best tank in the world. I dont really understand the game yet, so i know i can't do what most of the pro tanks do. But I have found that in most things there are usually a few basic, general things, that you can do to be ok. I followed the guide posted, but i didnt understand much of it, created the macros and put the spells that were use in the 2 basic rotations in my deck. Then made it a little bigger so i could see it while i was in battles because i havent memerized it yet. I have The addons: Skada Deadly boss mods, tidy plates, threat plates (althought i dont know if i have it set up because i dont see it working in game), and power auras (dont know what it does.) Here is a Sc of my ui. http://i.imgur.com/Tc9os.jpg For bosses i pretty much rotate between crusaders strike, and something else and when i have 3 crusader strikes i use ShoT or whatever. For AoE i just spam tbh. Im looking for any constructive critiisism. I havent done terribly on my few dungeons i have done. But i think thats in part to some great healers.Gaate6 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Long arm of the Law baseline? Sounds like a good addition for holy imo for LoS'ing since they are really susceptible to cc. Thoughts?Levetron1 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Will Vicious Pyrium work for tanking Heroics? It's the iLevel 373 set (entirely crafted) intended for starting PVP. I happen to have the 8 piece set lying around from leveling blacksmithing up and was wondering if it could work for starting gear for tanking heroic dungeons. I know the resilience really isn't too useful, I reforged the pieces to compensate for this slightly. Could it work for starting gear?Jåde18 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Paladin Auras Gone In MOP - True? I read a few comments in forums that stated paladin auras will be gone in the coming expansion. But I can't seem to find anything officially stated on this. Is this news true? Is the most iconic thing that made paladins, paladins, now gone?Baxtorian9 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Holy Paladin Healing Just curious how other paladins do it youtube has alot of lame videos I wanna get to the source the paladin forums. Me personally I heal with alot of holy shocking charging up holy power for the word of glory heals very mana efficient I use holy light but wondering how others do it. Im starting to heal heroics and soon to be raiding wanna make sure im on top of my game. Btw I do understand different types of healing 5 man 10 man .... etc it changes a bit Im primarily talking about just 5 mans atm.Damagemeters7 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Judgment of Justice Why doesn't Judgment of Justice apply the Seal of Justice debuff? Seal of Truth applies a Censure debuff. It seems like this would fix a lot of problems and make the seal a lot more useful.Rakatee3 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Question about Profession? What are 2 best professions for ret paladin to do max dps? First one is Blacksmithing. and What is the second one?Montiele9 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 New(er) Holy Pally, questions Hi all. Please bear with me. I have never played a pally before this one, and I have been pushing like mad to level her up - thus the lvl 70. But I feel like I am still pretty noob-ish at it. :-) First of all, I fully realize there is a Holy guide stickied here. I've read over it quite a few times. But I still have some questions. I figured posting them separately might help them be seen a bit easier. I also know that I need to be gearing for Int first and foremost. I have a mishmash of mostly int-lacking gear right now, but I have the full saronite int/spirit set waiting for me. So that's all good. I'm just making do right now. (Is it normal for int. plate to be so hard to find as you're leveling up?) As far as abilities go, I never realized that pallies have SO many utilities. Compared to my resto shaman, it's a bit overwhelming. My bars are all packed with skills. It's nice, but it takes some getting used to! With that said, I feel like I am perhaps over-doing it on what skills I actually need to worry about as a Holy Pally. I know that aggro-building skills need to be left out. No problem. But what about all of the other abilities? Are there any hands / mini buffs, etc. that I don't need to worry about? I know some might be more useful for PVP than PVE. I'm just trying to weigh out which ones I need on my bars. Right now I touch on 5-mans a bit. I need to do them more often. I do intend to aim for the new DS dungeons and raids, and some PVP (but that's a different subject). ANY suggestions / advice would be immensely appreciated. Thank you so much. :-) (PS - My 2nd spec is my true healing spec. My 1st one is a mess of skills I've picked for soloing/questing. I'm working on getting that one tweaked, but it works pretty well for now.)Aotna4 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Prot or Holy? Looking at making a more viable PvE spec as on my realm ret is kind of hard to find a spot to get a raid group even if its to pug. I'm not a very good player lol so looking at which one will be easier for a casual player who understands mechanics.Termanology1 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 current ret statweight? Hey guys I swapped my holy spec back to ret. i know STR is my primary no question there. but the secondary stats haste mastery and crit which is the weights of each one? Phailadin5 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Top rets use clcret? This has been bothering me since I watched the video, http://youtu.be/OYM_rhC-ldA In this video not only are rets listed as one of the top 5 dps specs in Dragon Soul (Assuming you entirely disregard legendaries...maybe). However, he also says that nearly all top ret DPS will use CLCret. Is this true/false? I know the ret rotation fairly well, and have been able to consistently perform close to my ultrax simcraft numbers, but will this allow me to match them? EDIT: I'm starting to think he's just bonkers, as he described our rotation as incredibly complex. Wat?Bmg35 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 9, 2012 transmog question Why aren't all 1h tanking weapons main hands? No one dual wields tanking weapons(yes i know blood Dks can but its not viable) both the 365 and 378 tanking weapons are listed as 1handers and cannot be transmogged into a main hand weapon. Is there gonna be a change to the transmog rules?Palidar1 Mar 9, 2012
Mar 9, 2012 Holy PvP Hi guys! I need some information on Holy PvP! Such as: - What buffs should I be using? Seals? Blessings? - Should I even bother with enchants at such a low level? - When's the right time to use those mana-costly spells? Any additional information would be greatly appreciated as well!Laennia9 Mar 9, 2012
Mar 9, 2012 69 Twink Ret Pally Vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVQ4BY-TNj8Diever2 Mar 9, 2012
Mar 9, 2012 Aura Mastery bug? So I was doing 2s with my boy today and went up against some random spriest/feral team and here's what happened: I put sac on my DK right as I get cycloned, then I get feared (which waits until it's got 1sec left before the damage from sac breaks it >.<), then anticipating a silence, I pop Aura Mastery. Here's where it gets fishy... About .5sec after I pop AM, I get a 5s silence right to the face. At that point, the game is over because I didn't realize I got silenced while AM was up until like 2sec into it >.< I havn't done any arena since WotLK, so I'm wondering if anything changed since then? If it didn't, then I guess it was lag... Retarded though imo...Yugoslav5 Mar 9, 2012
Mar 9, 2012 How are paladins currently? Hey guys, quit playing WoW just as Cata launched, had pretty much a level 80 of everything. With this new scroll of res thing coming back to play with a few friends but can't quite decide on what to roll. I played a Holy Paladin through Ulduar then stopped playing the game for a while came back and re rolled, i really enjoyed playing a paladin but they have changed a lot since i played mine. how are they currently? Really haven't decided what spec i'd like to play if i do roll one, but just looking for some information on where each spec currently stacks up against other classes. How they are in Raiding, Arenas, BGs etc. Any helpful advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.Dahkero3 Mar 9, 2012
Mar 9, 2012 Protection gem/enchant help needed Hello, I've been working pretty hard on my tanking spec, and I'm always open to suggestions. I don't really have any issues tanking anything, and our guild has recently just started DS so I know I have a lot of gear to obtain yet. Can you fellow protection pallies take a look at my profile and offer any additional suggestions for anything I can/should do in terms of reforging, enchanting, gemming and talent build? I've read, read and re-read many guides and gotten advice from others, I just want to make sure I'm maximizing every available advantage to me. I know the head/shoulder enchants are missing or not up to par. I'm almost exhaulted with both factions so I will have them soon. I am also working on leveling enchanting so I can do the ring enchants. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Wambamthxmam1 Mar 9, 2012
Mar 9, 2012 Can't decide :( Im not sure if I want to go holy or ret. Which is most viable for raids & pvp, which one has the most messed up mechanics? and would holy be easier to gear? Which one do you enjoy the most & why? Many thanks in advance.Greasywogg6 Mar 9, 2012
Mar 9, 2012 swapping specs i leveled solo as a ret paladin. i dual speced into prot. but i have absolutely no idea how to tank, or am thinking of tanking. i do however like the healing side and thought about going ret/holy. but if i do this will i need to get a whole other set of armor to carry around with me before i go into dungeons and raids. everything i have now is geared toward strength. any tips and suggestions would be appreciated.Xcalizorz3 Mar 9, 2012
Mar 9, 2012 I need help with gearing my paladin for pvp Hello all. I'm new to playing a paladin at 85. My main focus is ret PVP and I was wondering what stat should I look to stack.. Should PVP ret be more focused on haste, mastery, crit or what. If anyone knows and wants to offer up some advice it would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you all, bob sagetDamién1 Mar 9, 2012
Mar 9, 2012 CLCINFO for Ret How well does it work for ret DPS? I'm new to Ret and have trouble keeping priorities in order. is this a good addon or is is cutting DPS off? Any thoughts?Bezuhl3 Mar 9, 2012
Mar 9, 2012 Seal of Command I think blizzard should take a look at moving Seal of Command to the protection tree, make it available as a learnable spell for all paladin spec's, or switch it with Seal of Truth. As a protection paladin I think we don't have any seal that really helps us tank, we have seal of truth which is only useful for single target aggro, and seal of insight for when we need mana or health. But considering paladins are designed as multi target tanks seal of command would help our effectiveness at that. If it was placed as a prot spell the judgement effect could be changed to do damage and reduce the threat of all other members in your party by a small portion. I firmly believe paladins should have a tanking seal and I can't think of a better one to have. Please comment and either agree disagree make suggestions, I would really like to see this come to fruition.Clogale19 Mar 9, 2012
Mar 9, 2012 Sick of DK hand me down armor models in pvp! I hate having the DK boots and belt model as PVP gear on my ret paladin. Why can't we just have our own? Atleast if there is not time to make it right, how bout make DKs use paladin model for belt and feet for a season?Losse10 Mar 9, 2012
Mar 9, 2012 If Taurens can, why not Night elfs? So i guess my question would be is why are Night elfs not allowed to be Paladins. Personally i think it would be cool to have a Nelf equivalent of Sunwalkers. A Paladin core of Nelfs getting thier power from Elune (perhaps Moonwalkers? lol no i kid but seriously i would like to see Nelf Paladins)?Archidan54 Mar 9, 2012
Mar 9, 2012 Leveling pvp Which tree is better for random BG's? Prot or Ret?Synergize1 Mar 9, 2012
Mar 8, 2012 best methods of targeting /macros/pvp ? Are top players using mouseovers for defensive cds? ive been using target of target macros for the longest time and have had issues now and then. So im just looking for ways to up my game and i know targeting issues is the only problem.Dwiegbn7 Mar 8, 2012
Mar 8, 2012 Major Change to Resil. - Mists of Pandaria http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2516-World-of-Warcraft-Mists-of-Pandaria-Preview-Panel ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Wow. Talk about vanilla... PvE gear for PvP once again? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Devs like the way Resilience works in PvP, and how it gives a nice goal for players looking to progress/upgrade their gear in PvP Resilience is a pretty huge barrier for people who want to start PvPing. Resilience will become a base stat, and will increase a little every time you level. Smash17 Mar 8, 2012
Mar 8, 2012 Crusader Aura Hello everyone, i have a simple question, quite basic, but nobody could ever tell me for sure the answer, it concernes the Crusader Aura. According to the spell, it increases the speed by %20. Ok, so far so good. That means that if i have a ground mount, instead of going 100%, i will be going at 120% Now lets suppose i have a flying mount, that goes at 270%. What will be my flying speed? If we use maths, there could be 2 answers, 290%, or 324%. 270% + 20% = 290% 270% + 270*0.2= 324% Its simple, i dont know if you are INCREASING YOUR FLIGHT SPEED 20% of you walking speed, or if you are just INCREASING YOUR FLIGHT SPEED 20%. I know its a stupid matter, but i have quite a lot of curiosity. When im in my 310% mount and i activate my aura, i clearly notice im going faster, but if im only adding 20% it would be a change from 310% to 330% and i dont even know if you would be able to notice that. But in the other hand, if its the other way, i would be going at 372% and that sounds too much...Ksi4 Mar 8, 2012
Mar 8, 2012 Addon UI and Action bars Hello everybody, I would love to know if anyone knows the name of the addon interface and action bars that Strifium uses. Help please ... http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/79758477.jpg/Deserter3 Mar 8, 2012
Mar 8, 2012 Need pvp macros. Im sure i can go google this and find a bunch of good macros. but if there are any that you guys find useful PLZ. send em my way. Im ret btw.Coehabamba1 Mar 8, 2012
Mar 8, 2012 vs Shadow Priests I've been hearing over and over from folks that when I hit 85, no matter the gear levels, a shadow priest will 'flawless' kill me. Is there any truth in this, or is it just a lack of skill on the part of the paladins these people have been seeing get exploded messily? What should I watch out for, and what kind of tactics should I use facing these inevitable shadow priests that doesn't involve sticking my head between my legs and kissing my backside g'bye?Valcarde11 Mar 8, 2012
Mar 8, 2012 A little help on HM Ultra? Hi pallies :D currently my guild is attempting HM Ultra and we have kinda hit a brick wall in terms of our dps. Our ret pally finds his dps rather lacking compared to the rest and I would like to try help him out. Only improvement I can find is him lacking the head enchant but that wont push his dps up by heaps. Any help or advice would be appreciated :D below ish his armoury profile and the logs for our attempts on HM ultra. Thanks in advance. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gundrak/Voltorb/advanced\ http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cw5d06lqrhljczcx/Sigismund4 Mar 8, 2012
Mar 8, 2012 word of glory STILL op.. 3 games in a row now against 3 different rets they have landed well over 100k crit word of glories on their partners in a double dps set up...doing more quadruple my healers healing....yet also bursting with wings and zealotry for double me and HIS partners dps combined...obviously not over powerd though and the paladin community will rage at my post and say its justifiedDarkstep25 Mar 8, 2012
Mar 8, 2012 Lightweave or Darkglow? Whats the better choice? I just hit 500 tailoring and cannot decideEstelle1 Mar 8, 2012