Paladin

Mar 14, 2012 Ready to heal DS10? Pretty much just asking for some input on whether or not I'd be okay to heal DS10 reg. Spec/gear/glyphs etc. Thanks!Justjudgin3 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 I wish... I wish I had 4 specs so I can do Ret PvP/Holy Pvp/Ret PvE/Holy PvE. Instead I drain my pocket and reset my build multiple times a week :(Muszic3 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 Ret pvp question Ive been gone since the release of patch 4.3, and am coming back. I was wondering how ret is for pvp this season, or if I should respec to holy or prot if I want to do well?Serovin5 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 Holy Paladin/Fire Mage 2v2 Any tips on how to play this comp? Just started playing Fire and my friend is a brand new Holy Pally... How do you set up for kills? How do you protect your dots and create pressure? Do you guys have a problem with mana? Thanks! Vrakkus3 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 Pally pvp macro's? Hey, i'm a ret pally looking to start some pvp, and i was wondering if there were some helpful pvp macro's that you guys have? Thanks very much.Biotoxic6 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 Transmog.. can't decide I'm stuck between the T13 warrior set that I've almost completed(I'm 1 heroic short from the chest piece, and need the crafted pants) or the judgement tier that I've officially completed as of today. My main issue is I don't want to pay for the essences to craft the pants. Thus, I'll just ask the general paladin community. Considering I never tank, I don't see why I would really want to get the crafted pants for anything other than transmog. However, most people seem to despise the judgement set, even though I don't care because I love it. and I'm sure most will just say "lol dont choose judgement makes you look st00pid."Tarvoz0 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Ret dps concept: spare gcd filler Coming back from a couple months of serious RL activities(yeah right), I'm getting back up to speed on my Ret powwy and warrior. Getting accustomed to the new and improved Arms warrior dps, the stance dancing gave me an idea for possibly maximizing dps for ret. I've begin to trying to work Seal of Righteousness into my rotation when I: A)Don't have 3 Holy Power. B)Crusader Strike is on cd. C)Judgement is on cd. D)Holy Wrath is on cd. E)Divine Purpose or Art of War isn't Proc'd. The idea is that my attacks will deal a marginal amount more in damage and I can reapply Truth before the 5 stacks fall off. Keep in mind this is obviously a small window of opportunity and may be regrettable if you're not allowed the spare gcd to reapply truth before stacks falling. It's very difficult to gauge whether or not this is worthwhile, but it's worth a shot to play around with. I mean, that IS what min/maxing is all about...isn't it? Your thoughts? Sequisha5 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 CLRet Rotation Question Hey everyone. I've recently started playing ret and love it! i'm using clret to help me learn my rotation etc. I've just used it for almost a week and started playing with it off today and i can say it does help a lot with new people learning spell priorities etc. My question is. what is the proper rotation without the T13 bonus, is this rotation correct. (i do have 2pc tier12) inqa inqr cs jhp inqrdp tvdp exoud tvhp exo how hw and with Zeal activated inqa inqr cs inqrdp tvdp exoud tvhp exo how hw Please let me know :) Paetron2 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Help me become a better TANK Hi all, I have recently become capitvated by the role of TANK. I'll be the first to admit that I am not very good. I can hold agro in the cata heroics and I am situationally aware but the most worrying factor is the whole statistics ballgame. I have read abit on the EJ site and quite a few threads in here and I am familiar with the term CTC, the problem I have is mild dsylexia. Once I start trying to calc my stats dodge/parry/mastery etc to try and reach the magical 102.4%, my brain starts focusing elsewhere. I'm not after charity or anything like that, merely solid figures/percentages I should be aiming for in regards to my current stats. Please note I have only been 85 for a week and still trying to accumulate gear. Any help would be appreciated.Jakuta3 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Pally BoA gear? anyone know if there is anything else for int plate BoA except for shoulders and cloak?Derpasaurus3 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 mouse-clicking or key binds prot pally hey guys so I just came back into WoW after a couple months hiatus. Now that i am getting back into it I was wondering as a pally tank if i should starts using keybinds or keep clicking. I have mouse-clicked all my life and i find it so easy and my action bars are laid out really convenient and all the relevant buttons are close to each other. I tried making key binds and i think they are in logical position however I am finding it very hard to get use to. I have approx 35 keybinds and almost all spells i ever use are key bound. I can do my rotation easy enough its just hard to remember all my cds and abilities. I was wondering if it makes a huge difference whether you click or keybind cause this is becoming a pain in the !@# and i find it so much easier to click. Will I eventually be a better player if I key bind?Coxan6 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Rawr Do any holy pallies out there use Rawr? I recently downloaded it to see what it had to say about my gear/optimizations only to find something strange. It is recommending that I regem my head with the spirit/crit meta. I know the math can sometimes prove strange upgrades, however I have a hard time swallowing the recommendation to replace my primary stat with another lesser one, when I am not exactly having mana issues to begin with. Not to mention I'd be losing the increased mana pool. The only thing I can think is that based off the consequent reforges that would go along with it, maybe it works out better? If anyone could take a look at my current gear and shed some light it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!Denzalo3 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Scrolled Paladin, Need Help! Okay, a buddy gives me a Scroll. I'm back in the game, but I haven't played since The Burning Crusade. So now I'm level 80, I've got on all greens, and I have no clue what I'm doing anymore. I Dual Specilized in Holy and Ret as I know I need Ret for questing, but all the guides are for level 85 characters. I need something specific for Holy and Ret for level 80. Can anyone help?Zakstiel17 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 New Ret: Questions about Damage Hello Paladins, I'm new to Ret paladins. I have an 80 prot paladin that I played mainly in wrath, but I didn't want to pay rl money to transfer him to my main server. So I slapped on my armor, picked up my old dk's bloodied reaper, and started smiting the forces of evil in the name of The Light. It has been fun. I picked a Draenei so I could mog him to look like the one in the BC cinematic (BC was the best time in WoW imo)...but that's a different story. What I am concerned with, is that my damage (for now at least) seems to have barely increased between my 30s and my 40s. I have been doing lfg runs and gotten upgrades as they appear. My gear is improving, but my Verdicts are still doing about 1200 on crits, Crusader Strikes about 1k, and Exorcisms are about 1700. It seems like the only thing that changes is that I get more ex procs. The damage is still good, my dps (40s dps is srs bsns) is still usually top, but there isnt really any damage change. I know this because this guy was in his 30s on Sunday. I looked in my talents/spellbook and see that I have HoW next level and holy power ability procs coming up in the tree. My question is: will there be a sort of damage wall until I hit outland? I realize that this usually happens (hitting a new xpac causes damage increase), but I've leveled every class except priest to 80, and this is the first time a damage wall has really been noticeable. What do you think? TL;DR My damage seems to have hit a wall. Is it just a paladin thing to hit a point where damage is relatively the same, just more procs are available? Thanks for the help, -JudgeStreetjudge1 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Healing Zon'ozz Hi, last week I was having trouble healing Zon'ozz (with melee group and tank). The tank was taking massive damage while the melee were ranging around 50-65%. I'm trying to cleanse the melee if above 80% and healing them is difficult with the tank taking a lot of damage. Any tips for a newer holy pally? My MS is Ret., so I'm a but unfamiliar with healing. I'm using Grid and xperl.Exalus2 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 So at 85.... how do I know which gear to buy with my JP? Do I get anything that is good for my stat boost or is their a 'list' of the good ones to aim for?? Real noob here, never had an 85 so please help :)Tinkermoon13 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Prot pally pvp spec and stat priority Hello there guys, i have a prot pally right now, wanting to make a pvp prot spec as well. Just wondering what are the best choices for talents and what the stat priority is and where res falls into it. Thank you.Striker16 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Vengeance patch pvp nerf 4.3.2 Hi guys, I would like to know what the pala prot. comunity think about this: -Vengeance is no longer triggered by receiving damage from other players. Do you think this is going to lower the damage a lot? Even if this buff can be dispelled in bgs we can see big crits coz of it. I defenitely going to miss those crits. (: Luux43 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Anyone else do this? Try to be the ultimate pally and get full set's for all specs, ie a tank set, ret set, holy set etc? Right now I have full Ret PVP (my main spec), full Holy PVP, full ret pve, half a set of healing and tanking armour for pve. Or am I just crazy? :PSaintinel12 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Well about that MOP If were gonna generate HP way faster now in MOP how about making zealotry able to use all 5 stored HP? So it will become a control for huge burstStreaming2 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Shield help Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knows what this shield is; I needs it! >:D http://wowroleplaygear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Season-2-Paladin-capeof-trinity-beazels-basher-drillborer-disk.jpg Viablez2 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Soloing MC with a Pally. Quick question trying to get transmogrification gear from MC for my pally and was wondering if I could solo it with him. I do it on my Hunter/ DK weekly with no issues, but never did it on a pally. Here is his link, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/uldaman/Iililililil/simple Also Which of the three Trees would be best for soloing MC? Røren11 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Paladins too overplayed? Hey everyone, I was thinking about rolling a Paladin Alliance side. However, are paladin's too over played to make me viable for arena and raids? thanks for your answers!Ilesh13 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Retribution worries for MoP? I keep hearing that Retribution is going to be so terrible for MoP, but I'm not seeing why that is. Enlighten me.Projectiletv33 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Ret pally vs. Hunter how do we win? I've pretty marked off any hunter at equal gear as unkillable, what kind of strats are there for ret pallies to kill a standard hunter (with monkey pet)? Kadlekins0 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Ret Paladin Struggling to Stay on RBG Team I've been playing with this RBG core team, x-realm, and I'm soon going to be replaced. I've been told my damage is just too low for Ret and I'm unsure of what I should do. Currently I'm in the PvP Crit build, not sure if stacking mastery will be much better for RBGs. maybe even haste and talent into Sanctity of Battle. I seem to get beat by locks, mages, shadow priests, ferals and even dks. Help please!Sagers18 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 pally abilites I'm a pally tank and I usualy just use HotR but for single target tanking is there a big difference between CS and HotR in damage/threat?Kellion6 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Holy OOM Give me a light into this, please. I have this holy paladin. I use holy shock on cooldown, full holy power word of glory, so I can benefit from the Eternal Glory. Also, I use the judgment every 30~60 sec, and beacon on tank. On the other hand, most of the time, I can't heal with Holy Light, because it heals only about 10k, and that's not enough to keep ppl alive. So I start casting Divine Light (or Holy Radiance if ppl are stacked), but my mana dries out fairly quick. You will notice that I don't have gems and enchants because I'm still equiping myself, and don't have money. I wasn't able to get these stuff yet. Also, my build is mixed up between PvP and PvE because I like doing them both and don't want to get disposed of the prot build, but I don't see that as a huge problem. So... What should I do about my mana? Could someone help me?Remelento6 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 best seal for ret lvling? questing and dungingChristladin3 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Divine Storm I'm under the impression it is suppose to heal friendlies as well as yourself. I'm running a friend through HoS right now, and it's not healing them. What could I be doing wrong?Outen15 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 I found this and I shall leave this here. http://i.imgur.com/fcj1j.jpgRogaré3 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Does Ret Ever Get Less Boring? As you can see, I've recently hit 60 on my paladin. And I'm noticing that I'm spending a good portion of my time auto attacking, gaps in my rotation that I could drive a truck through, and a general feeling of being holy power starved. My question to you of the paladin forums; Does it ever get better? Does it ever get to where I don't have to spend the better portion of a boss fight auto attacking?Rumblerose27 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Loooooooooooooong Word Throughout this expansion ive resisted the urge to test this Glyph to any extent. Plus im always retpvp/retpve specd, there isnt much insentive there. But I thought id ask my fellow Crusaders and Justicars out there if they have done any testing (holy,prot,ret pvp/pve) and what was discovered? Is there a situation where this is clearly a benifit? Selfless Healer off heals? Raid 100% uptime on HoT? Rated BGs? Thoughts, fact, ideas, GO!! Berathor5 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 New to pally tanking Hello! I've recently started tanking, and I could definitely use some advice. I know that my stats are all out of order, and I'm not sure about my rotation (Though, I seem to keep agro decently well, so I might be accidentally doing that right) or my gems or enchants. Also, I was wondering if anything was wrong with my spec. Long story short: I have no idea what I'm doing. Please help? Any and all advice would be very appreciated. PS: I realize I'm not hit capped, I just don't know what my weakest stat is, so I don't want to reforge just yet.Lunamaria14 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 :O ? Well.... I currently have only pvp holy gear, and no ret gear at all. I want to do one or the other. Which one of these should I choose for raiding the current content and beyond that?Gnopar2 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Paladin Transmog Help I've had a T10 tansmog for a little bit but wasn't feeling it. Anybody got a great idea for a pally transmog... Not talking about any of the pally tiers or pvp sets. Something i can get piece by piece and put it together. Something dark and menacing looking that goes great with my transmogged sword. Anybody got any ideas?Xalefor4 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Going to try out tanking!! I've never really tanked, other than leveling my warrior as a tank (and as soon as he hit 85 I benched him). But I thought, since I love my pally oh-so-much, that I'd do the one thing I've never done on her, tanking! Other than the missing enchants, I just wanted to check with you guys to get your feed back on what I need to do! [: I'm pretty sure I have all my ducks in a row, this is just a double check, thanks! Also, any tips/tricks any tank veterans out there care to share? As I said I've never really tanked, only healed and dps. I'm hoping this is a fresh and fun thing for me to explore! ^.^Shizuki2 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 @Blizz: You gonna listen to us in MoP? So I was having a conversation with a friend about Paladins in Cataclysm, Dec '10 till now. The topic came up about Word of Glory. When the (in)famous Word of Glory nerf was announced, we players hounded your forums, day and night, speaking out against this nerf and doing so loudly, and doing so everywhere. Many of the things we said were things like "20 seconds is too ridiculous" and "Rets will be THE squishiest role/class of them all" and "why not 10 seconds? That sounds much more reasonable!" Blizz, you put your foot down and said "You're going to take it and like it and there's nothing you can do about it" and you released the nerf. Suddenly, Ret Paladins found themselves seriously hurting in solo PvE. Unless you were wearing at least JP gear, Tol Barad was utter Hell for a Solo Ret Paladin. You were basically forced to use Seal of Insight and spam Crusader-empowered Holy Light every other battle just to stay alive, and God help you if you had 3+ mobs on you that were immune to Repentance, especially combined with the insta-respawns that happened so frequently there. Players complained some more, every day nearly there was a new "WoG" thread. Guess what happened a major content patch later? Yup. 10-second Word of Glory for Ret Paladins. Moral of the Story: WE FREAKING TOLD YOU SO and you should have LISTENED TO US IN THE FIRST PLACE. So tell me, Blizz... Are you going to listen to the players in MoP, especially with all of the Beta passes you're handing out with the Annual Pass? Are you going to actually LISTEN to us when we tell you something is broken, BEFORE you release it to Live servers? Or are you going to make us play "We told you so!" again? Edit: On that topic, when are you going to listen to us about that unfair vengeance nerf that makes Prot Paladins nearly useless in PvP, since Blood Death Knights are STILL difficult to kill?Migina20 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Question regarding Haste Is there any kind of cap for haste for holy paladins? Or should I be trying to get more of it?Nec4 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Gurthalak and Heroism Hey guys, I currently have access to a heroic Experimental Slicer, and a normal Gurthalak. Depending on how closely comparable they are outside of heroism, is it possible using a gurthalak during heroism, then switching back to a slicer for normal combat would be a dps increase?Mvertigo1 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Serious question I'm having a real hard time in PVP, I'm RET pally, and partially geared. I'm totally new to DPS/pvp whatever you want to call it, I've been a healer for ages... wanted to try something new... Can someone tell me a decent rotation at my level? for pvp? Getting blown up by most classes...Torso6 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Pvp boots suggestions? I got a pair of 403 boots from BH today, the haste version... I reforge mastery. With my old 390crit boots i get 5.44%crit and 31.1%mastery, with the 403haste boots i get 4.75%crit and 31.3%mastery in addition to the stat bonuses. Suggestions on which boots to use? (First time i've been UNHAPPY with a loot from BH X_X )Holyturd3 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Question on best combination of DS gear sets This week I picked up a set of Legplates of Radiant Glory for my Paladin on a normal DS raid (not LFR). I have a full set of LFR Radiant glory to go with it if I want. I also have Visage of Petrification for a helm, LFR Backbreakers Spaulders for shoulders, Bones of the Damned for Chest and Grimfist Crushers for hands. Now individually the armor pieces all have much better stats than there LFR replacement, BUT I don’t get either of the 2 piece or 4 piece set bonuses. Is it worth trading out 3 items for the 4 piece set bonus? If so what three would you trade out. If I should only go for the 2 piece bonus what one should I pull? My gut says the shoulder. Thanks Cassanea5 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Should I play my Ret Paladin? Greetings. Im a hunter at heart as this is my main. A few years ago I played around with leveling a paladin. Ive NEVER played a healer spec / class as its just not my thing. Tanking also carries with it a big responsibility so I passed on that as well. I took a break for about 5 months or so and came back and recently began playing my main here. When I look at the character screen I see my paladin @ 80 and he looks lonely. All dramatic typing aside what I want to know is, is ret paladin still fun in your opinion or should I just forget about it? I realize everyone should play what they want and Ive never been big on multiple toons like, at ALL. Just want to know the current state of ret! Thanks, Baron RaygarRaygar10 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Holy or Ret for PvP? Haven't played a pally healer since BC how are they in pvp now? Also never played ret but it seems like a really strong fun spec to play for pvp how are they? This was my first toon ever so I want to lvl him to 85 and get back to my paladin roots!Jamesc14 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Consecration? I stopped playing around the end of Wrath, then started playing again a month or so ago. I just got back to tanking and saw the less need for Consecration and more need for HoR and Holy Wrath. I was wondering if any tanking paladins still put points into the Consecration talent and or use the glyph. And really if I should use it at all to tank with. Really the only instance I've relied on it heavily is HoT, but even that not too much.Lolknight18 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 The Pros of Holy I believe that not enough has been said for holy paladins on this forum. First off this will be an on going thread that will be edited and re-edited and re-edited as I find more pros for holy paladins. Feel free to leave any comments you think are pros about holy paladins and if you have opposing views post them but be respectful. My Story (You Don't Have To Read This): Back in BC as I leveled up this character I picked protection to start. I was still learning the mechanics of the game at that point and didn't know much and tanks should know a good amount before going into dungeons. After much debating with myself and others I decided to switch to retribution. Flash forward... level 64. These were the days in BC where there was no dungeon finder and you had to go on trade chat and ask around for possibly hours to find people. Problem was everyone had dps... they were only looking for healers at that point. I was at the point where I was desperate to do a dungeon so as a paladin I healed level 60 dungeons in retribution gear in the retribution spec. This is something that would never work today, and I was at the desperate point. Eventually, I found my self getting in so many dungeons and raids for just being a healer it was the sweet life. Now I am holy and I have never looked back as everybody is looking for healers out there. So here is the real part of this thread.. the pros of being a holy paladin. A cons list may be added later if need be. I'll start it off: Pros: 1) Healers of any sort are in need 2) Concepts are easy to understand once you build a solid rotation 3) Healadins are the only plate wearing healing spec (You all understand what that means) 4) In the topic of gear, the only people you compete against are other holy paladins 5) I myself like healing the tanks more than the raid. Healadins are mostly for tank healing 6) Beacon of Light... 7) Wide variety of healing, Flash of Light is quick, powerful, mana draining however, Holy Light is great if you build up your haste and spell power, and other sources of healing 8) Blessings are very helpful in raid groups 9) Arguably the best raid healer (Fallafell) 10) Fabulous Hair!! (Fallafell) 8 is good enough for now. Comment so I can hear different opinions from a wide variety of paladins. Thanks!Vedan4 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Cataclysmic Gladiator's Insignia of Victory Whats the average time between procs on this trinket?Darkshadow1 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 How do you fight a Rogue as a Paladin? I need tips or a lesson on how to beat rogues or at least be able to fight them... Anybody that pvp know how?Xalefor15 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 BGs with a Holy Paladin So I've decided to give PvP healing a try, and when it came down to PvPing with priest, shaman or pally I decided to go with well, pallies. The thing is, I know nothing about bg healing and right about nothing when it comes down to healing with a pally. Any help would be lovely; specc, glyphs, help with spells and rotations.. anything. Thanks in advance!Arganone2 Mar 11, 2012