Paladin

Feb 19, 2012 First Tauren Aliance Pally? check out my transmog set guys let me know what you think http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p530/imafailya/?action=view&current=WoWScrnShot_021312_000150.jpgImafailya3 Feb 19, 2012
Feb 19, 2012 Rethinking Holy Paladins Holy Paladins are a failure in small-scale PvP because despite their durability they provide nothing to a team. Paladins have few buttons and few options, they are just efficient and have plenty of mitigation. WoW has various archetypes The Mobile Healer: Very few huge heals, but they can keep constant healing up and can survive by staying mobile. They also can help their team with cyclone, roots, bash. The Offensive Healer: Priests are extremely offensive, they have to be. If a priest does not pressure the enemy healer with CCs and mana burn they die or run out of mana. The Jack of all Trades: Shaman does everything that all the other classes do, just not as good. Decent mobility in wolf form, good utility in totems, some CC with hex, decent durability with mail & shields, good offense with windshear. They do it all, just not as good as everyone else (well, Wind Shear is superior). And.. the Durable Healer The Paladin is durable, but does not have much else. The stun is too long cooldown and rebuke is melee range which leaves you in LoS to CC. Paladins no doubt are great for rBGs or 5v5s and are highly sought after for their durability. But in smaller scale PvP where oponents have all the attention focused on the Paladin they are easily interrupted due to cast time heals and due to the fact that they add nothing to their DPS. While Druids have cyclone, roots, bash, while Priests have fear, mindcontrol, chastise, dispels, while Shamans have wind shear, grounding totem, hex and earthbind totem... Paladins twiddle their thumbs. How would you fix this, Askhandi? Make Paladin a melee damage offensive healer. Make them not have CC or utility, fine. But give them the ability to play in Melee. How? First off. Make Seal of Justice put a debuff on judgement cast, like it did before. Why was this ever removed? Make us a semi-counter against Druids. God knows they need counters. Secondly. Make a talent, call it Vengeful Retribution of the Just Crusader in the Holy Tree. It does the following: 1. Buffs the damage of Crusader Strike on a Holy Pally by 50% if they have Seal of Justice or Seal of Truth on. 2. If a Paladin has Seal of Justice or Seal of Truth on them CC's have a 25% shorter duration. Makes up for them leaving themselves out and exposed. 3. If the target has a Seal of Justice debuff on him and you hit him with Crusader Strike it has a 25%/50% chance to stun him for 3 seconds. 4. If the target has a Seal of Truth debuff on him and you hit him with Crusader Strike it has a 50%/100% chance of refreshing the duration of [/b]Inquisition[/b]. The idea here is Paladins can choose to either be efficient in healing with Seal of Light and its 5% healing buff, or choose to be more offensive by either causing a stun or keeping up their inquisition for stronger holy shocks/exorcisms by choosing another seal. This keeps in line with the "stance" concept that has been implemented for Priests, Mages and other classes. Lastly, I'd buff exorcism to do 50% more damage on stunned targets. This gives us a burst we set up with a Seal of Truth, or with a class that has stuns whom we can have good synergy with.Askhandi9 Feb 19, 2012
Feb 19, 2012 This. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2037895716?page=1 >.> Just to point it out, this was posted almost a year ago, and no changes have been made.Burgess5 Feb 19, 2012
Feb 18, 2012 Uther's armor Is there any set/armor pieces that look like the armor he had in the culling of stratholme?Beleran4 Feb 18, 2012
Feb 18, 2012 Anyone else feel ignored on Ret? Everytime i see someone asking for mdps for raids rather it be FL, DS or BH ill shoot the person a whisper but wont get any reply back and he would continue to post in lfg chat It happens more often than not. just wondering if anyone else have expienced this.Turmoyl17 Feb 18, 2012
Feb 18, 2012 Fists and Hammers in MoP So our fists elongate our arms by 10 yards and increase our punching power to stun every 30 seconds, while the Hammer that gets replaced somehow becomes a nuclear bomb of either death or salvation (or both!). Oh, and we shoot laser beams from our eyes that encapsulate friend and foe alike into holy crystals that shoot the aforementioned death and salvation within striking distance. It's beginning to sound like the Rapture. And while I kinda want someone to explain how any of the above work (especially the Fists elongating part), I know one thing for certain: MoP is sounding awesome. ...Except for our lvl 60 tier, feels kinda meh at best, but let's not go there. FISTS AND HAMMERS! Jackishi7 Feb 18, 2012
Feb 18, 2012 Mouseover Turn Evil Macro I want a macro that casts turn evil on my current target if there's no mouseover selected, and if i have my mouse over something for it to cast turn evil on that. Also, essentially the same thing for word of gloryCenji1 Feb 18, 2012
Feb 18, 2012 Prot MoP Talents I was just browsing over the new MoP talents and was wondering what other prots were thinking of using as their build. The following is what I was thinking of using and my reasons but if anyone was going to use something else I am interested in why. Im not totally set in the choices and I know there is probably more changes to come. Also keep in mind I am only thinking about PvE dungeons and raiding. Tier 1 - I like PoJ. IMO its the most versatile giving you 10% faster all the time and more during combat which you could theoretically keep at 30% the whole fight. I really dont like movement CDs so SoL is out for me. And LAotL is only usable in combat and only half the time in short bursts. Tier 2 - Finally a CC for prot so you know Im taking repentance. Hardly ever use HoJ since most everything is immune anyway so I probably wouldnt use FoJ even if I could twice as often. And I dont really care how fast the mobs move. Other classes may care but most of them have the same ability and they can do it if they want. Tier 3 - I like EF. The heal is more than the shield from SS and it ticks faster. Sure SS has the WoG bonus crit but if the HoT is giving me good heals I would rather use my HP on attacking. SH is for healing others so not really my concern. Tier 4 - I like US. Being able to use the 3 class defining abilites more often is just to good to pass up. Clemency only finishes the CD on hand spells and on a 5min CD which is way to long IMO. HoP is just for a specific purpose which may or may not be needed. Tier 5 - I like DP. The proc rate of 15% should be better than the uptime of SW which is 20s out of every 3 mins or 11%. And I would probably want to do something other than spam judgement for 20s. HA is not good for me as I like to keep GoAK as an emergency CD so it wouldnt get as much use. Tier 6 - HP is just awesome. Its versatile in that you can use it as single target damage with aoe healing or single target heals with aoe damage. And its on a short 20s CD. The other two are on a 1 min CD and one is strictly AoE while the other strictly single target. They are probably better at what they do but I like the versatility.Duckofdeath4 Feb 18, 2012
Feb 18, 2012 Transmog question What's the evillest-looking obtainable plate set a paladin can get? I have my eyes set on the Heroic ICC25 plate drops, but that would probably take more than a while to accumulate. Best I've got right now is T10 :SJadoth16 Feb 18, 2012
Feb 18, 2012 Higher ilvl or better itemization, help? I have the Petrified Fungal Heart 384, it gives spirit/haste. and I have Threadlinked Chain 397, it gives spirit/crit. I know haste is awesome but I was just wondering if it is worth it to downgrade for the 160 more haste (only 100 after reforge is considered) at the loss of 31 int/36 spirit? Zeikha2 Feb 18, 2012
Feb 18, 2012 Holy Paladin vs Necrotic Strike I am a holy paladin in 2s. I know i am not very geared yet but i have the hardest time going against a DK because of necrotic strike. No matter how much i over heal, some of my heals always get absorbed and its tough because i get interrupted and CC'd by other players. Is there a way around this or a strategy for over-coming dk's and their necrotic strike?Bemidji3 Feb 18, 2012
Feb 18, 2012 Paladin Set Ok so is there a mace, sword, and/or armor "set" that looks like it could go with the Royal Crest of Lordaeron?Beleran2 Feb 18, 2012
Feb 18, 2012 Ret Paladin Macro Dead thread nao.Delques4 Feb 18, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Why is Inquisition still here? It's not a fun ability at all, and basically a passive damage increasing talent which was already deemed boring in the old talent trees. Imagine this: ... I get that maybe Blizz didn't want to change it mid expansion, but it really needs to get tossed now.Palladan57 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Using Inq in Arena? Is there a good time to use Inquisition in arenas and how many stacks of holy power should I burn on it initially. Kronoso7 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Retribution Trinkets At the moment I have the Creche of the Final Dragon along with the Apparatus of Khaz'goroth. I really want to replace the Apparatus because of the annoying on use not lining up with my cool downs or using it while the Creche is procced and it going to crit. My options are: Vessel of Acceleration Bone-Link Fetish Eye of Unmaking Which would be the best option this patch? I'm leaning towards the Eye of Unmaking for single target fights (like Ultraxion) and switching it out with the Bone-Link Fetish for any fights with AoE (Yor'sahj). The Vessel of Acceleration is at the bottom of my list, two crit trinkets doesn't appeal to me, but I'd think it'd be better than the Apparatus.Paladumb3 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Should i just reroll? My main is my warrior, but since arms isn't really the ideal dps class players like to bring into RBG's, i rerolled a ret pally. I specifically made this class because of their burst and i felt it would be great especially against flag carriers. But the problem is that on my server, or guild in particularly, They seem to underestimate ret pallies. My Rbg rating is 1776 atm. Its not great but the highest rated player on Stormreaver is probably only about 2.1k. My question to all of you experienced ret pallies out there is, should i just reroll again? I made a shaman but that class is not really my cup of tea. Should i just level this priest, or a dk? I love playing ret but from what i hear "they arent good for rbgs".Cartent5 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 does bubble hearth still work? I quit for a reaaally long time and i came back not too long ago and i was getting ganked by a rogue and i tried bubble hearthing (lol) and it didn't work....My bubble was a couple seconds off... So does bubble hearth still work or did they shorten bubble or something?Garhand12 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Change Paladins Back Anyone else really miss the old paladin style of play? This holy power crap is just so old. Bring back the old paladin.Boeden27 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Ret teams vs Jungle Cleave Feels like this is the only team that is consistently hard to beat...mainly when I'm focused, which is 95% of the time. Feral and Hunter damage on plate seems pretty ridiculous, even with 4800 resilience...Lawlbringer2 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 CTC Capped? Was in org, wanted to check my CTC. In no party, i put on Kings, ate some Mushroom Sauce Mudfish and drank Elixir of the Master putting my CTC at 101.97. Is it safe to say in a raid environment that i am at the cap and can start stacking mitigation or stamina? Rhydun3 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 4.3.2 HOLY NERF Paladin (Forums / Talent Calculator) Tier 13 Item - Paladin T13 Holy 4P Bonus (Holy Radiance) now increases healing done by Holy Radiance by 5%, down from 20%. Holy Radiance now costs 40% of base mana, up from 35% Wow....... Why don't you just remove Holy Radiance all together now? First, you changed it to a target cast spell and removed the speed increase buff. Now you have made Paladin T13 4 set bonus, completely crap by reducing the amount it heals AND increasing the cost of mana. Casting Holy Rad as it stands is already costly on mana, whats next? Increase cast time? Remove the holy power gen?Ulix37 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Ok it's time. I'm very happy with some of the MOP changes with warriors...and I'm sure I'll be playing this guy in the expansion as an ALT. I'm a bit worried about the direction of Ret paladins now though. I really think it's time to give ret paladins a snare that is NOT a choice bewteen 2 other talents, just given for free in the spec. Every melee has a snare now, and Ret still have no snare/MS/Gap Closer. Oppose12 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 New "Speed of Light" - MoP Talent I'm a bit confused about the lvl 15 talent "Speed of Light" as presented in the MoP talent tree. Today, this talent give us a 3% spell haste plus when we cast "Divine Protection" a 60% speed buff for 4 seconds. The new talent gives a 70% speed increase for 8 seconds on a 60 second CD. Isn't this considered a nerf? I have not seen anywhere else a recovery of the loss of 3% spell haste plus now i have another CD to manage as it is no longer integrated with "Divine Protection" Maybe i'm missing something................somewhere.......Århus18 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Hpallys are going to be in the FoTM 3s comp In MoP. It's true. I bet nobody can guess the comp. :]Dingoprod6 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Blessing of Might change. I like the mastery buff but where are the old stats going to come from?Gamby8 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 quick question for all you pally pvprs Hey, recently made a paladin and I absolutely love the prot spec. I have 4x 85s and enjoy.it as much as my sp. Either way I plan on running prot pve but was curious as to whether or not prot pvp is viable in any arena setting. Also I would appreciate a sample spec if anyone can spare the time to help me out.Wreckedd1 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Thoughts on gear? What am I missing?Akaspookie3 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Looking for some advice I was just wondering if someone could take a look at my gear and see if I'm gemming/reforging correctly. I know I'm wearing dps shoulders, but the ones from HoT won't seem to drop for me.Nec1 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 FOLLOW @BLACKWINGSBANE!!! The End is Near. Follow Me @BlackwingsBane Dreamspeak0 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Gem Question This might be a dumb question but I at least want to give people the illusion that I'm not a baddie... With the gem slots on this Breastplate of Sorrow which gems should I be using? (For clarification and potential trolls: Yes, this is for a Ret spec.)Dragonette2 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Critters exist so that we may Judge them Critters are best used to be judged so that we can gain the benefit of Long Arm of the Law and also build one HP with our Retribution T13 Bonus. in MoP Judgement givng one HP will baseline for Retribution.Alnair8 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Looking for some advice on heaLing as holy Hello all. First off hi have read the stickie and the forums at eitestjerks.com I know I have two dps trinkets which i am looking to change ASAP. Iam having some trouble healing in the new dungeons I can't seem to heal fast enough. I start out with beacon on tank and heal as needed with holy light and divine light. It seem my heals don't pack enough of a punch to keep people up. Another question I have is , is holy radiance a big aoe heal Any help will be awesome and I will change to get better Thank you jzee P.s. I I know I'm missings enchants and gems I will fix that as I get some better gearJzee5 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Ledger of Revolting Rituals Good for holy pallys? No one in my raid group wanted them and so, since the shield from warmaster never seems to drop from normal nor LFR.. I decided to just grab them. Looks like a big upgrade for me even though it doesn't have armor on it. -ThanksDjmark2 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Potential Mana problems with Ret in MOP First off, I really like the direction that Ret seems to be heading in MoP, but I wanted to bring this up early. If I understand the changes to mana and regen mechanics in MoP correctly, then the only regen Ret gets in combat is from the Sword of Light passive which gives us a fixed amount of mana over time (currently 5% every 2 seconds). Now I know that the numbers will be balanced so that we can run a standard rotation without going OOM, but the potential problem I see is that as Ret's rotation speeds up from haste due to Sanctity of Battle, mana expenditures will increase by the same percentage without mana regeneration increasing in any way. Of course the plan might be that the baseline regen is so high that this is never a problem but, from Blizzard's track record, I believe that they'll want mana to matter to us and balance it pretty closely. The other mechanic I see in place right now is to Seal Swap to Insight during long fights, though I anticipate that being a hassle and potential DPS loss as we struggle to keep censure up and repay the costs of Seal Swapping through Insight procs. Am I missing something here (other than lol it's still in alpha)Cayenne15 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 prot reforge confusion, combat table fail I'm been upgrading my gear with LFR Dragon Soul pieces and somehow I can no longer reach the 102.4 combat table coverage. As far as I can tell this is almost entirely due to my mastery dropping. I've spent a fair amount of gold and time reforging trying to figure out how I managed to "upgrade" my gear yet fall below the cap and I'm stumped and assuming I'm just missing something obvious. My default dodge is is roughly 3% below parry since I'm assuming 100% uptime on Resolve of Undying (780 dodge rating at a stack of 10). I'm using the Mirror of Broken Images because without that Mastery I fall even further behind and Soulshifter Vortex, etc. don't have 100% uptime. I could go back to my 378 Immolation set pieces, but I would rather figure out what I'm doing wrong. The shoulders, hands, and legs of the Radiant Glory pieces have no Mastery on them! Note that I do have all the tanking DS trinkets as well as Souldrinker. I have a crappy shield because I have never seen it in either LFR DS or the heroic 5-man. I'm still waiting on a DS chest drop too. In case my calculating method is wrong, the macro I'm using is... /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5)) Dlish9 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Zealotry disappearing in MoP? Looks like it to me. The way our talent tree is designed it would seem Holy Avenger replaces it, which I'm completely fine with. Now if only they changed how Inquisition works. I'd bet better if it were like the judgement effect of the ol' Seal of the Crusader. I miss it from vanilla/bc.Ðexter2 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 MoP: We get to drop HAMMERS from the SKY FOR THE EMPRAH!Sigmar31 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Prot Gear Question I've been wearing Chestplate of the Unshakable Titan and got the tier chest - Chestguard of Radiant Glory last night. While they are both iLevel 397, the tier seems like a VERY clear upgrade to me. By replacing dodge with mastery as well as giving a 3rd gem slot, I'll be able to drop more avoidance gems for stamina gems, and/or easily drop my second mastery trinket for a stam trinket. It just seems odd to me that the tier piece would be such a big upgrade over the valor piece. I actually thought the valor pieces were supposed to be slightly better to compensate for the tier's set bonuses. Am I missing something here?Biggby10 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Heroic Yor'sahj question Do any of the Prot absorbs trigger Deep Corruption from the purple ooze? Effectively - do I need to worry about that mechanic as the tank? I understand that WoG and LoH do not trigger it.Mootastic4 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Looking for something to match. Hey, I am looking for a belt and shoe's to match this set. If anyone has any idea's would be great! http://i.imgur.com/ioudw.jpg Minxymvp0 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Question About MoP SotR... The new talent says "...blocking the next attack against you..." Does this mean you can spam SotR every time you have 1 HoPo for almost 100% block uptime?Athanatos3 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 MoP talent changes http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#b! We've gotten a few changes to our talent calculator for MoP posted today! Unless Im just behind. What do you guys think? Im all about Holy and I am deftly excited about Holy Prism! Though Execution Sentence sounds just as amazing. ... Reading that shows not only is it a potentially good heal to boost our aoe healing but it would also be utilized by all 3 specs. It would easily be a threat booster for Prot. For dps Im not exactly sure how it will do. If Ret wanted to utilize it as an aoe skill they would have to cast the prism on themselves. I figure it would be a dps loss if they have to unclick their target in order to cast the prism on themselves unless its done before each pull as an opener of sorts. Otherwise it'll probably be a good replacement of Holy wrath in our rotation or at least an additional skill for our rotation that could help that occasional downtime we experience. ... As of right now is sounds interesting but it list no percentages or numbers on what kind of damage it would produce or healing. I imagine they are still working on the numbers. For Ret depending on the scaling this will probably be a better choice over Holy Prism. Sounds like at 90 Holy is going to be choosing between another aoe heal or an HoT. Going to be a hard choice!Kharymira13 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Hey im Angel And I'm a certified Holy Pally, How are you???Angelsdecent16 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 MoP Holy Spec I'm feelin' 15 - Long Arm of the Law 30 - Repentance 45 - Sacred Shield 60 - Clemency 75 - Sanctified Wrath 90 - Execution Sentence This is for 3s btw. Post what you guys are planning to use Paladin MoP Talent Calculator: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#b!Dingoprod8 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Casual PvPer thinking about Arena Help!(holy) Currently attaining some gear before I start doing 3's with some guildies, this will probably never be a high ranking team, and it will purely be for fun. That being said, I am a little confused about my trinket selection, currently using proc SP trink and spirit insignia, but I feel that my resil is a little low, but if I take away my spirit trinkit, I fall below 2k spirit, which I do not feel comfortable doing. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated (Yes, I know I am missing optimal enchants and my spec is currently more geared towards PvE that will change)Mordichi2 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Premature MoP Talent Discussion Fun edit: obviously the original post is irrelevant due to the MoP Talent Update that just came out, but please let's discuss the new Talents!! I was looking at the current provisional Talent Calculator for MoP and in particular at the lvl60 fourth tier of talents (all healing talents): *Selfless Healer: Judgements decrease mana cost and increase effectiveness of Flash of light *Eternal Glory: WoG and LoD have a 30% chance to refund the HP cost *Holy Shield: HP can be used to make a shield I was thinking surely this will be theory cafted to ground once we have reliable numbers to theory craft with. my expectation is this: assuming these talents are not changed (though they most likely will be), there will virtually never be a reason to take Holy Shield as it equals a zero-sum increase in healing unless perhaps the shield is meant to replace the healing of Word of Glory. Eternal glory on the other hand is guaranteed to either be an increase in healing or a decrease in mana usage, either way it's a benefit. However it looks like Selfless healer could be so OP that the numbers demand all Holy paladins to take it and cast Judge on cooldown and always use the mana-free-double-impact Flash of light every 12 seconds; or it will be nerfed to irrelevance. i don't know how they could balance these three talents. the first offers control and burst at the cost of global cooldowns, the second is entirely dependents on RNG and offers very little control; and the third is rather useless unless the shield is strong enough to actually replace word of glory at all times. what do you guys think :)Alnair23 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Holy Radiance Cast Delay I cast Holy Light I get it right away. I cast Divine Light I get it right away. I cast Light of Dawn I get it right away (yeah I know its instant). I cast Holy Radiance and frequently, although not all the time, I get nothing. I spam the button and then eventually I get the cast bar. Is anybody else seeing this?Worthit7 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Ret PVP Hit Cap? Should I just reforge all of my stuff into mastery and crit? Then get all then strength gems and have 20 expertise? or should i hit cap to 5 percent?Wítcher6 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Ret Paladin Rotation change? Does judgements priority change with the t13 2set? more holy power = more TV's in the long runHuzadannik5 Feb 16, 2012