Paladin

Apr 21, 2012 Bring back DI I'm sorry, but I just don't see why take away DI from Paladins... If you don't know what DI is / was, it's called Divine Intervention. You place a bubble on an ally target sacrificing yourself to save the raid or party or w/e the case may be. I love how extremely helpful it was just placing on an ally that can rez and BAM! we save ourselves from running back or hassle. So I hope Blizz would bring back DI for the new Expansion.Against8 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Criticism please. Yesterday, I did DS 3/8 H and the rest Normal mode. What can I do to improve my DPS as a Ret. I did die in a couple of boss fights, which I know it would hinder DPS: N Warlord. H Ultrax(I fail at big button lol). http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6tw4hibwsoapx9pn/Péách4 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 ANYONE FROM BLIZZARD PLZ RESPOND TO THIS!!!!! First, i thank you(Blizzard) for what u have done to ret in MoP thats really cool, and i give u credit for that. but blizzard seriously, i really love HoTR because it deals damage as "Holy"damage rather than weapon damage only, and the way that DS it deals "holy damage" but why did u made it a 3 holy power finish for AOE, now u made us less valuable in pvp situations, we can not get rogues/ferals out of stealth, every class , EVERY CLASS CAN DO AN AOE ABILITY to get rogues out and ferals, but we cant, PLZ make divine storm cost no HOLY power and don't let it share CD with CS, its just ridicules or at-least give us a new ability that deals aoe damage for PVP situations.Wdrggd1 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 ret viable for MoP is it? i miss playing ret but all ive heard is that its broken or something to that effect. is it any better in MoP? for pvp and/or pve?Macloven10 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 ret rotation help please!!! hey guys, i need help! i got kicked out of a dungeon and im sure its because of either my gear or my rotation. my rotation is the same as the one they have on maxdps so i dont know what im doing wrong. any help would be very helpful. but no bashing please. thanks all.Zareyn2 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Ret Pallys Haste or Crit? What do u think would be best? I cant deciedMeilp12 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Holy Paladin Intellect Stacking - Yay or nay? Heyoo! I'm a scrubadin healer, looking for some quick advice as to if stacking Intellect (Bar armor Spirit, I mean as in terms of rings/trinkets/cloaks/necklaces/etc.) Thanks so much in advance for offering advice/feedback/trash-talking, it means a lot for this ol' fart. <3Katesli2 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Holy PvP Spirit I'm going to start building a Holy PvP set. How much should I focus on Spirit? There seems to be a decent amount of Spirit v. secondary stats choices to make.Serusky3 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 21, 2012 Opening on Boss Hello all -- I usually do my own research on my classes and try not to rely on posting redundant questions. I apologize if this has been brought up somewhere. I am still unclear about the opening on a boss. I understand you need to pop GoAK right out of the gate and let him/her get rolling on the stacks. After 10 seconds, you pop wings, Zealotry, pots, and trinks to take advantage of the more stacks from GoAK. All CDs and GoAK will sync up and end at the same time. My question is, since you are supposed to pop Zeal and wings together, do you realistically have enough time to get 3 HP (for the Zeal) in 10 sec (given that DP doesn't proc)? Granted my gear is not great now and don't have the T13 2P bonus to get HP faster (this must have been an issue before T13). What about Inquisition? Do you wait for your 3 HP to throw Inq (together with Zeal) up (again, given DP doesn't proc)? That would mean significant downtime, thus a dps loss.Exemplar12 Apr 21, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Help me out here! Alright aside from the blue shoulders, and my cloak what else do I need to do in order to maximize dps. Just being self-buffed with no food or any other kind of buffs I am doing 18k on the dummy. It just doesn't seem right, although it could be for all I know...Agwyne13 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 [Revolutionary Idea] Crusader Strike Synergy I recently just came back to the game, but I've been reading up on Beta forums and watching videos on Paladin Gameplay, and keeping up with the very latest of imformation corncerning the direction. I hope this recieves constructive criticism that is both productive and inducive of good progression for the class as a whole. One of the biggest things with Paladins is the lack of synergy between attacks. Every Ability is a cooldown , not instrinsically connected to one ability or another. What I am proposing is to allow crusader strike to be the candidate ability for allowing synergy between seals. Original Crusader Strike 11% Base Mana Melee Range Instant Cast 4.5 sec cooldown Requires Melee Weapon An Instant Strike that causes 100% weapon Damage...... I am proposing a system where Crusader Strike will change depending on which seal the Paladin has active. New Crusader Strike Crusader Strike 11% Base Mana Melee Range Instant Cast 4.5 sec cooldown Requires Melee Weapon An Instant Strike that causes 100% weapon DAMAGE. Crusader Strike changes depending upon which Seal is active. (refer to Seal tooltips ) When a Paladin has Seal of Truth Active .. Causes Paladin's Crusader Strikes at 5 stack of censure to reduce the holy Power cost of Divine storm by 1. Stackable 3 times .When A paladin has Seal of Inight Active.. Causes Paladin's Crusader Strikes to heal a nearby ally for 20% of damage caused. When A Paladin has Seal of Righteousness Active.. Causes a Paladin's Crusader Strikes to hit another nearby enemy for 50% of Damage caused. When a Paladin has Seal of Justice Active... Causes a Paladin's Crusader Strikes to root enemy in place for 3 seconds. This is a relatively Simple concept but can diversely impact ret gameplay in a positive light that is both fun and balanced. I will allow for the repost of this in other forums, as this is only for the improvement of the Paladin Class. If someone wants to post this in Beta forums you have my permission to do so. Lightaura1 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Paladin PVP help!! Hey guys! I just want to ask if anyone has any pvp advice for a paladin, I have no pvp gear(cept shoulders) as you can see. Any good place to start? Help me out!Jäck3 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 For Ret in MoP Can Retribution Paladin still use Avenging Wrath and be able to use Hammer of Wrath regardless of health on the target?Aellah4 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Caps for holy paladins. I was just wondering what the caps are for holy paladins, and what kind of stats i should be raising.Hêro0 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Prot Pallies in relation to other tanks How do protection pallies stand in relation to other tanks? I understand that most of the results depend on player skill and the suitability of the class for the player. However, I am still wondering how we hold up. Edit: I know my gear isn't that great. I am still working up through heroics.Gloredhel4 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Looking for Xmog ideas. The set I have on is what I usually rock. I'll replace the gloves w/ T5 gloves when I'm lucky enough to have them drop. What I'm mainly looking for are replacements for my belt/boots. I'm using T6 stuff for them as it's gold lined with white accents, but I'd like to find something that matches a bit better. Also, I'd like the boots to be the clunkier style boots such as Treads of Crushed Flesh. Thanks in advance!Atavism0 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 The "New" Paladin Class Symol Does anyone else find the "new" paladin class symbol Blizzard has thrown around in a few places (most notably the new J!nx Spring line of class tees) kind of... bad? It's pretty flagrantly faction-specific, but even being Alliance I can't say I find the appeal. It felt like it was going in the right direction with colors and layout, but then got the symbolism all wrong. I can't say I can identify with the iconography of a lion, some swords, and a crown. EDIT: Link for the unfamiliar: http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/images/0/09/Paladin_crest.pngArianord13 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Palidin Chat Palidins are awesome tanks but you have to know how to tank and fight before having one. i got a druid and wish he was a palidin. From: Flameshock Please respondFlameshock12 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Creche of the Final Dragon vs. Badge of Vic Ok guys, so while doing a Raid Finder for my 2 piece set, I won the Creche of the Final Dragon. I messed around with it in a random BG, and did 2.3 mil dps against a good premade that was spawn camping. So, the creche performed very well. Problem is, we Rets pop our Use Trinket when we pop zealotry, for increased str. So, the Creche is relying on chance, but when it gets going alongside Zealotry...oh man it's intense. So what do you all think is better for Ret PvP? +406 strength and a proc chance to give +14% crit chance, or +484 resilience and a reliable source of +2,000dps. Keep in mind Crit is a ret's best friend at the moment. Please let me know what you all think!Mukara5 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Holy Paladin Trinket? My (human) pally is about to hit 85. I've read a few places that the pvp trinkets aren't too amazing for hpals. I've also read that trinkets in general for healing in pvp is very comp dependent and situational. Since this will be my first healer in pvp, I'm looking for some breakdown info for trinkets an their situational uses. I was thinking of getting Tsunami right away and maybe pairing it with the trinket from DS spine. Is it good to pair Tsunami with a similar trinket? Thanks in advance for any tips/suggestions.Krater0 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Ret Rotation During Timewarp do u alternate CS then TV then CS then TV when timewarp is up?Sagers2 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Is my spec ok? It's for doing both pvp/pve Would you guys recommend any changes? If possible can you guys please link good builds for what I do? I haven't played for a long time so I don't know what is more important or missing anymore...Rallea4 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 Mists of Pandaria Ret Holy Power Video Hello my brother Paladins! I come to you with a short video demonstration of how our Holy Power system has changed for the better in Mists of Pandaria, hope you enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2CkKuHUzz4&feature=g-upl&context=G2350258AUAAAAAAAAAAVindicare2 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 gone 9 months, what happened to ret? I was gone for about 9 months, came back and started leveling my mage. I hopped over onto my paladin today and grabbed some gear, read up on all the abilities in the spell book and went to do some warm ups on some mobs to practice and get back in the swing of things. Somethign feels wrong... I was opening with judge then hitting crusader strike then I... well, I have no idea, everything is on cooldown or ineffecient to use because I need 2 more holy power. Is our rotation just that barren now?Riatan32 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 What Next? So, I hit 85 about a week ago and I've got nearly full Immolation gear (non-heroic) and after grinding in PvP (since it seems easier to get Justice through PvP). I'm getting a little exhausted of playing a paladin as surprising as it sounds, since it is my favorite class, but I want to know something else not completely paladin wise but I feel it belongs in this thread. I've been trying a few classes out and I'm not sure; I want another class to play in the spare time if I get tired of PvPing and running raids/dungeons. What class is most like the Paladin for me to play and enjoy myself while doing it? Casters are out of it seeing I'm mainly a Prot/Ret Paladin and absolutely hate..hate...hate casters and playing as them.Tyllarar1 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 20, 2012 So today in the arena It was me and an unholy dk vs a arcane mage and a fire mage. With in 5 seconds(give or take) at the start of the match then Just destroy my DK friend he dropped faster then a tauren pushed off the cliffs of thunder bluff. Little did the arcane mage know I used my sneeky little blood elf feet to ambush him and 4 shot him (useing 4 set bouse from pve ret set) then I los the fire mage Healed up and Blew Up the Fire mage and then my friend asked me " did you just solo two different kinds of mages ?" my response "yea Like a boss " Idk if they where bad or stupid or got cocky But it was funny. An one have any war storys about your pally in arenas both bad !@# or funny?Thorodan16 Apr 20, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 Proud Paladin! Welcome, Brothers and Sisters As you can clearly see i am a paladin, I have been a paladin for 7 years in warcraft. And a paladin in Diablo 2 for more years then i can remember. This Paladin Arthaschild Was my first character created back in 2005 and i havent changed her name or apperance, I work very hard to make her as close to perfect as possable. So the reason i write is that i would like to see the other paladins of the worlds opinion on my paladin. She is fully Transmogged, 13k Achievement points, 100% enchanting recipes, and many other things that make me very proud of this character. So Please take a moment and look her over and let me know what you guys think. Thank You All, Good Luck And May The Light Be With You All !Arthaschild11 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 Holy Paladin question I normally play lolret or tank, but as i have acquired a full set of holy gear from heroics i decided to give it a try. Now what I'm wondering is, why after reading the sticky and comments, where the general consensus was that in 4.3 Paladin do not stack haste but just get the first threshold at 777 and then stack mastery.... do I see basically all paladins stacking haste. I have yet to run into a holy paladin stacked mastery. Does the sticky need an update? Is it because in current tier gear you cant run oom anyway so might as well get haste for more HPS?Fulloffail12 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 best way to level up and how im tanking dungeon since lvl 15 full boa, and i was wondering , what is the best way to level up 60-80, i know 80-81 is dungeon and 81-85 quest, but 60-70 im not sure, some ppl told me dungeon becasue ret suck at 60 until u have haste, and im kinda hesitingthank you ( i wanan level pretty fast, i tried aoe grinding too)Soock13 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 Holy PvP Stat Weights Greetings fellow Paladins, My question is a simple one. I do a decent amount of random BG's, but I'm more interested in my performance in a rated BG and 2v2 and 3v3 arena environment. I know that crit is our best stat. Infusion of Light says hello! :) What I am having trouble settling on... how much spirit do we give up for crit? I initially had 2200 combat regen, but I recently reforged to closer to 1900-2000. Basically, I'd like to know what kind of spirit you try to achieve. Based on that, I'll dump everything else I can into crit. Semi-related question: How highly do you value Rule of Law? (15% crit on WoG at 3/3) The last 10 points in the spec seem like they could go into a million perfectly valid permutations, I always have trouble deciding what's worthwhile. Except for Eternal Glory which I've always taken. If it's relevant, my 3's team consists of a Frost DK and Enhancement Shaman/Fire Mage. Thanks!Shadin1 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 Ret Race (Horde) for PvP My friend and I are looking to finish leveling our ret pally and dk to do some 2s/3s with and I was wondering what would probably be the best race for me as horde would be? If I had to guess I would sayyy maybe a BE for the silence just to continue pressure but I'm not entirely sure. Input would be appreciated.Gashett15 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 Glyph of Judgment vs Glyph of Exo I'm recently getting back into the RET scene. Anyone have any idea what one to use for PvE? I know our Judges got a buff and I hear they can hit fairly hard with 5 stacks of censure. Could this mean it's better than the Exo glyph? Thanks in advance :)Alandan3 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 Embarrassing question..... So I have a somewhat embarrassing question. 1st, I logged out in some mixed gear so please don't judge me on my profile. My question is this. I have been tanking with this pally for a long time. Tanked through a few bosses is DS, and can pretty much own any current 5 man heroics. The thing is, I keep hearing people talking about "bubbling" and such, and I don't quite know how to incorporate that into my tanking. I know one of our defensive cooldowns causes us to lose threat, but which one? Can someone explain to me the concept and practical uses of our hand and shield spells so I can start using them during fights effectively? I want to ease the strain on our healers as much as possible and I think knowing how to use our cooldowns better will help. I have had no complaints on my tanking as of yet, even in DS. But I feel there is more I can do to mitigate and survive with some spells I am not using. Any tips or pointers?Xerrxes9 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 crit vs mastery PVP so ive bin reading a lot about the whole crit vs mastery thing and im leaning more towards crit right now. whats kind of crit % should i be aiming for?Achillius1 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 19, 2012 lvl 60 pvp set i found th ret one, but where is the holy one...... can'T find itSoock3 Apr 19, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 How to Own A Rogue? I have been running into a lot of one on one verus rogues. They get me most of the time by the second or the third zap. I'm thinking that how I take on a rogue is wrong. I try not to blow my freedom, bubble or trinket right way. So I'm looking for advice. Now I know that I will get haters or get will troll. I'm looking for someone to give their time to comment. THanks if you comment something helpful.StewymisterStewymisster14 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Neglecting Crusader Strike while tanking I do a lot of randoms, and as such, have come across a lot of questionable play. However, nothing is so consistent as the usage of Hammer of the Righteous over Crusader Strike on single target (arcane mages who hit AM every time it lights up are a close 2nd). I try to inform the tank in a way that doesn't make them look unknowledgeable, but I'm often met with very high resistance - the paladins who do this have been doing it for 50+ levels with no threat problems whatsoever (in no small part thanks to the fact that lowbie tanks are top tier DPS by design). Some of them even say they still never have threat issues in raids or anywhere else. Oh well, I'm quick to drop it - no sense in stirring up argument, especially if what they do usually works fine. But it is annoying having to throttle my DPS more than I usually do almost every time I get a paladin tank. But hey, maybe I'm just really unlucky. Does anyone else notice this a lot? EDIT: TLDR: HotR should have a beginner tooltip that specifies that it isn't as good as Crusader Strike on single target, because it seems that a ton of people don't know, even after extensively tanking at 85.Reygh61 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Tier 13 2p bonus vs. resil Hi, just started pvping recently and was wondering if i should keep my tier13 2p bonus or go full pvp gears for more resil. sorry if this question has been asked before, i've tried searching and couldn't find the answer. appreciate any help i can getKizaru3 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 need advice to start pvp. now that i got my pve gear pretty decent. i know i still need some improvements. but i been watching pvp videos on youtube and i think pvp looks cool. i know it will be frustrating starting out. but what I NEED A PLAN. so i am seeking help in what gear, or how to get the gear, to go pvp. should i get all gear first. can i pvp and get gear. i checked out arena junkies and seen some stuff about my ret paladin class. but was hoping to get some input from the paladin forums. you guys have always been helpful. thanks for you time. "now go pvp or something."Xcalizorz2 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Skill Cap Question I got this toon to 85 a couple days ago. I leveled this toon from 15 to 85 purely through tanking in randoms along the way. I did so in hopes to allow myself to learn how to tank as much as possible so I can perform well in the random heroics, LFR's and eventually in our guild raids. I started running random Twilight heroics last night and did fine. (No wipes and held aggro well) Everything seems to be going well, but I do have a few questions regarding stat caps and gemming...so here we go: Here are my current stats regarding mastery, dodge, parry and block.. Mastery - 1,585 (+8.84 Mastery) Dodge = 13.62% Parry = 14.88% Block = 42.89% I see some people have mentioned "CTC%"....Sadly, I am unable to use context clues to figure out what people mean. Am I supposed to add up the %'s of Block, Parry & Dodge gto get this CTC value? For example, would my toon's CTC be: 13.62 + 14.88 + 42.89 = 71.39% (Is this right?) Lastly, what should I try to hit with regards to mastery (block), Parry and Dodge? Up to this point, I have merely been buying the cheapest gems on the AH because I am new to this server and have limited gold resources. I intend to make more educated changes to my gems as my gold starts to accumulate via randoms. Thank you, in advance, for your input. I did read the sticky, and saw the poster mention CTC, but the details were unclear as for what to obtain for each stat. Thanks again.Rhônin4 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Anyone bored of Hpally heals? Idk Druids have HoTs,Roots,Cyclone,Forms to escape. Priests ,leaps.HoT,Bubs,DMG Reductions, Shammys.....OP Pallys have 1 DMG Reduction 30%,DMG goes to the pally.MAna regen lowers healing done by 50% 18 secs.Crappy AoE HoT.No bubs.Only thing making pally's speacial is the OP Bub....Mass Dispel.Rolant9 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Biggest self WoG What's the biggest self WoG heal you've ever gotten? Mine was 70k :DAnaik5 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Gnomes I was wondering if anyone agrees with me by saying that it would be a good idea if blizzard released a patch/update that could allow gnomes to choose 'Paladins' as their character class?Bobert24 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Aura Mastery in DS I've read conflicting information about this - so I thought I'd bring it up at this level and see what people have to say. What encounters is Aura Mastery + Resist Aura NOT useful to mitigate raid damage? Obviously, some bosses (Morchok) are playing in either Physical or Nature damage ... But I keep hearing that some boss abilities that AM would be a great tool against are "unresistible". Ultraxion comes to mind. I've heard something about Hagara, too (except for Ice Lance). What do you know? TELL ME! Seems that all the fights are pretty straight forward except these ones. This is what I've gathered from the responses and from looking at WOL Expression Editor myself... Morchok - Morchok or his clone deal Nature and Physical. Damage from the Resonating Crystals is Shadow and CAN be resisted. Hagara - Lightning phase is Nature, so no. Ice phase, in the bubble is not resistible (it's Environmental Damage). Shattered Ice and Ice Lance are Frost and can be resisted. Ultraxion - All abilities are immune to Resist. Gunship - Trash phase, there are obvious areas of Shadow damage that are resistible. After dragon flies away, all damage is Physical.Slussy9 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Ret is MoP Ret is backCreepindethh37 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Holy Pally question Hi all. I've been raiding with my new 10m guild for approx 3 weeks now and have been able to get fairly geared. We're only 3/8 atm, but progressing still. But I find that I'm still going oom on certain fights. Mainly on fights where we're stacking and spam healing aoe damage such as Ultraxion and Madness. I've read through stickies about the 777 haste threshold and have spoken with other HPallies who stack it. So I'm not quite sure which route is best at this point. I like the quick spell casts as this has helped save people from the brink of death from time to time, but I'm sure this is contributing to my ooming. Would stacking mastery be best? I've only been playing as holy for 3 weeks, so I'm trying to fine tune the process. Also, one more question. I just got the Maw of the Dragonlord last night and was quite ecstatic, but I have seen other folks running around with Vagaries of Time. Granted the folks using Vagaries were Heroic, but is that particular mace still better than Maw? Thanks.Raenie8 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 Hand of Sacrifice macro I would like to make a HoS macro for when im in bgs. i wanna be able to have an enemy target and cast HoS w/o switching targets, kind of like a target = nearest friend. if thats possible, any input would be great. thanksSagers4 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 18, 2012 The state of ret pvp I usually play a disc priest and i'm thinking on gearing an alt for pewpew pvp. My options are either a pally or a mage (both 85 already). I want the most easy-op-fotm class of them, its an alt so ill play occasionally, i dont want it to be a frustrating annoying experience. Ret seems to be in a very good place right now, even more than mages. But i dont know if its because im a priest and get constantly trained by ret+other-melee. So, how do the rets feel about their class right now? This is all pvp talk.Thehealbot10 Apr 18, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Varo'then's Brooch or License to Slay? Hello, I'm wondering what most of you would decide to go if given this decision.. I'm not too sure if the ramp time on LoS + it's ability to drop stacks completely on some fights would be worth the reforges for hit I'll be steering away from + the odd mastery on the trinket itself.. Varo'then's bothers me like any other proc trinket bothers me.. especially when I'm guns ready wanting procs to line up at the start of a burn-phase w/ GoAK+wings+zeal And also, I tend to get in trouble with the on-use :-P hehe..Anyways, thank you for reading this- and I appreciate all constructive help!Ivytea12 Apr 17, 2012