Paladin

Feb 28, 2012 best pvp spec questions so, i been playing my paladin and iv heard that holy is the best spec at the moment for pvp. i don't mind healing folks but i prefer to actually fight, so is ret a viable pvp spec for paladins or is holy truly the better of the 2 specs?Magictrick3 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Hey Blizz... I want my paladin horse back, elekks are stupid, can I please have my horsey back? :)Zaraes11 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Gurthlalkaahkaadfa voice of deeps...wtf proc? Sat on a test dummy for about 5 minutes straight and got 1 proc. Sat on a test dummy again for only 2 minutes and got 3-4 of them. It was cool each tentacle did 100k dmg but wow so random lolWharrgarrbl5 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Ret pally stats and reforging Can someone tell me do u reforge for mastery before u reforge for crit/haste? ty in advanceZasaf11 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Divine Storm Is worthless MOST rets don't even spec into it. This used to be our top tier move. Now it shares the same CD with CS, does about half the damage, and heals less than WoG. What's the point? Seriously. It just makes ret rotation super clunky. After getting a slight dps boost on AoE mobs by mixing it with SoR, then you finish the mob off and theres that single target still standing, you have to switch seals to truth in the middle of combat and start using CS. That's a clunky rotation. If I'm going to spend a point into a move, I want it to be IT'S OWN MOVE. Not share the same CD with the move I always already use. Give it it's own CD.Grancarudd11 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Ret or Holy for Season 12? I've been playing ret for my entire PvP carrer in WoW (which isn't long) and I just got really skilled with it just a couple months ago. But, now that I've got it all down, my RL friends/arena buddies are insisting I main spec/gear holy for the next season. This makes sense, cause we would be able to run TSG. I plan on main speccing ret again in Mists, but for now here's the question; do you think it's a good idea to play holy next season and learn about it and go farther in 3's with it, or stay ret and try to find a niche spot in a 3's group that would most likely not go 2k+. I'm shooting for that area next season for the first time. Cheers!Mukara1 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 BG's/Arena Recount Data After running BG's or arena for a few hours or so what does you recount look like? I can't seem to get away from approximately this: Censure 15-18% Crusader Strike 12-15% Melee 11-13% Templar's Verdict 11-13% Judgment 10-11% Hammer of Wrath 7-9% Seal of Truth 5-7% Hand of Light 5-7% Exorcism 4-6% Holy Wrath 2-3% This was after random BG's. I know TV is relatively low, but I am Last Word specc'd and I do a lot of WoG on team mates and myself. I am really surprised how hard Censure can crit (over 20k even in this gear) and Judgement as well. In fact after a couple nice Hammer Crits around 60k+, Judgement is my second hardest hitting ability. It's not uncommon to get over 50k crits on players in my mostly ruthless gear. I know Hand of Light is low too but I am currently reforged into crit for my WoGs. Overall though does it look like I am prioritizing my abilites correctly? I typically try to keep CS on CD, TV with 3 HP (or Wog of course) I rarely use Inq, unless I am either blowing all my CD's or I am running around with a DP proc I want to use before it fades and there's nothing else to use it on or I am getting kited and won't be able to reach my target before my proc drops. I rarely miss an Exo proc (if I do, it's because I get a double proc before I can use the first one) I usually use Judgment on CD unless of course the afore mentioned abilities are available. I almost never switch to Seal of Righteousness unless I am in AV or Isle and there's tons of people around. I throw on Seal of Justice when I am in Strands and chasing demos but apart from that almost never use it either. Anyways if anyone bothers to read that entire thing and make a few suggestions or comments I would appreciate it:) Please don't tell me to spec HoJ or reforge to Mastery though. I know that mastery does more damage overall but I really like helping out team mates with big WoG crits. Anyways I am off to kick some battleground !@#!Aulë0 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 28, 2012 Trinks. So I recently got Heart of Unliving, and omg its nice. Then I was wondering, would Heart and DMC:Tsunami be a viable combo? (I have heroic Jaws on atm with Heart) I noticed a H Pally solo healing 10m H Ultra with Heart/Tsunami, which is why I am bringing this up.Dwargdwarf2 Feb 28, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Paladin PvP - Heal or DPS Which is more viable in pvp, I hear and have experienced protection pvp to do nice damage, but also hear that pally's can do nice pvp healing. So my question is which roll is the paladin better suited to do in 4.3 pvp?Arinya12 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Gears up for heroics and raids as holy? Hi, I need some advice on how to start gearing up. What is the item level needed to start doing heroics and raids? What do I do until then? My current item level is 339. Should I just keep running normals again and again for valor points until I reach the required level to do heroics and then proceed with them or are there dailies and other activities I can. Speaking of dailies anyone know a guide on the best quests that provide most money/rewards that can be done daily or weekly? I would like to get a sort of routine for myself. Thanks.Believed5 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Paladin gap closer (Concept) Looking at MoP's talents and we still have no real gap closer. We have movement increases that are decent, but you can still be snared, stunned, etc. So unless they add a CC immunity to these moves, NO. Paladins are notorious for not having a gap closer. It's ridiculous, we have moves to keep us from being snared, but we can still be stunned 10 yards away from our target. These counter CC's are also on long CD's, seeing as it is easy to get away from us and kite us once again. So I've come up with 2 ideas for a gap closer. First is (haven't come up with a good name yet) Light's justice: 8 - 20 yard range Basically, there's a big flash of light where you are (kind of like flash from LoL) and then you suddenly appear in front of your target. Instead of stunning them like warriors charge, they are snared to you. Meaning that where you decide to move for the next 3 seconds (not sure about timings yet) they are attached to you, and move where you move (pulling them). This would be great in a PvP situation where as we can finally have a gap closer. Here's a link for a visual example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFvEJcYhWKo (something along the lines of this with a gap closer) The second one is more universal for paladins, called swift protection/retribution: 8 - 30 yard range: This move is sort of like a Death grip/charge combo. Let's say if there's a mage 20 yards away, this would pull me 10 yards his way, and he get's pulled 10 yards my way, simultaneously. In ret's tree this would silence them for 3 seconds. However it can be used in the other 3 trees as well. Such as prot could use it while tanking, where as when they grab an party member, damage get's transferred to them (similar to intervene). And holy could use it and put a damage shield on the target. Basically it will move you both to half the yardage of the distance. These are just ideas, and no their not the most original ideas, but I think they can be modified. What ideas/feedback do you guys have?Grancarudd34 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 HPal in 3s I keep hearing that Holy Paladins are not good healers for 3s and it is really comp-dependent. What is the opinion on this? I plan on doing Hunter/Rogue/HPal with all 2200+ exp players aiming for 2200 rating this season. I appreciate any opinions from you guys, thanks in advance.Nocturñus5 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Hpally PVP proffs im about to ding 85 on my hpally this is going to be a pvp only char what proffs would be good to pick up and why ..any help would be greatMòjojojo3 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Ret PVP Talent Question Hey guys, sorry if this is a re-hash but I haven't seen anything in the forum searches. I'm a bit confused about Judgements of the Pure vs Sanctity of Battle. Does Sanctity imply that increased haste effects and stats will have NO effect on CS/DS whatsoever? Does that mean that without Sanctity JotP is only useful for mana regen? More generally, I want to try and get another point into Seals of the Pure and I'm divided on pulling the point out of Sanctity or taking it from Divine Storm. I'm a bit of a DS junkie now that I've had it for a while and find it hard to let it go. I find it's pretty useful on those pesky rogues on the flag (always trying to hump my back for some reason.. /shoo). But I'm not sure if the haste from Sanctity and JotP are really helping me build holy power any faster. Lastly, I'm stuck with one ret spec for both pve and pvp which makes things a bit tougher although I lean to PVP in decision-making. I think in the end I'll just have to try each out and see what I feel better with but I'd appreciate any opinions. Smaxx1 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 prot paly pvp question so before they changed vengeance in pvp, i was using my current armor, enchant and gem make up that askmrrobot.com suggested, it worked great! i felt like a true tank! but now since they changed vengeance in pvp, i feel like im wearing paper armor.... my hunter and warlock last longer in mele combat then i do now. so my question is what gives? vengeance shouldn't have anything to do with how much damage i can take, did something get changed or is there a bug on prot palys right now? i have ample resilience and i take damage like i don't have any resilience at all. on top of that, since the vengeance change, the askmrrobot.com site suggests a totally different geming and enchant makeup than before.... so my question is why? if any one has any answers. no im not QQing i just want ot know what change i missed that is messing things up recently so i can adjust to different gearing options to match my play style. has any other prot palys noticed feeling squishy since the vengeance change?Henrieta2 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Human Paladin Name Suggestions I'm making a Human Paladin, and I can't find any available names that I like. Any suggestions?Lorebreaker9 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 trinket selection help so i have rotting skull, raid finder creche of the final dragon, and i just got the eye of the unmaking (403).....Cantbtouched1 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 My First Pvp Video I've been playing for almost 6 years now and have never tried to make a pvp video. But I did some reading on it and put together this short video of the footage I had. ENJOY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWPDn8_abpIBrizzadin2 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Where to go? Hi, I am on my 3rd character but stopped this one about a year ago. Now I am trying to get the hang of the game again. So much has changed that I am not even sure where a good place to restart would be. As a lvl 64 pally where should I go now? Cheers, Chastain DragonsyreChastain6 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Judgement glyph? I remember seeing some speculation a while back after the censure hotfix that Glyph of judgement may be better than Exo. Is this true or should I stick with the Exo glyph? It has been a while since I've touched this char so I don't know and the Ret guide is a bit outdated.Holysquid3 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 What order do i buy pvp pieces now? Hey guys, used the search function for a while but i didn't see anything that answered my question. I have most of the crafted gear and a single trinket. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tol-barad/%C3%84urora/advanced Just wondering what pieces of gear in what order show for largest increase. ps. 1st pally forum post? i sure think so!Äurora5 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 A Question for the Healing enthusiasts Hey there! I've been doing heals for pvp with just about every healing class so far except the Paladin. I've recently been having a ton of fun with my Holy/Disc priest and was wondering, as far as your own personal experiences with either class (priest or paladin) goes, which one do you think is funner in BG's/Arena? My paladin is lvl 84 so far and I've just started trying holy out and I'm on the fence right now. I just wanted some input before I decide to commit to gearing this pally up. Any input is truly appreciated! Thanks!Shirli3 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 pvp ret and LFR looking to level up my ret for pvp next. wanting to know how much of a pain it is to earn 2pc T13 through LFR never tried LFR before and have a few questions: 1. how difficult is it to get 2pc t13 (especially the 2 coveted ones [i forget which])? ? 2. does tanking allow you to get into LFR faster/do you recommend it? 3. what would you say are average queue times for healer/tank/dps for them? 4. how long do these lfr raids take usually if the group does flawlessly? what about if they wipe a lot? err that's about it :D <3 thank youEmbalm4 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Guardian of Ancient Kings macro To my esteemed colleagueson the council of the college of protection and mitiagion paladins, I propose; /s JESUS, TAKE THE WHEEL! /cast guardian of ancient kingsToast4 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Healing H Warlord. So we 3 heal it with a druid/shaman on ranged and myself on the Beartank and the melee. Sadly we also do this with 4 melee DPS and a tank (So 5 melee total). I'm having some issues keeping up the tank on the last couple bounces due to RNG *Melee swings, giant 100k+blasts and the ball AoE*. Any tips from those who have tried? Are you having your other two healers assist with healing the melee? Do you cleanse the debuff or do you heal through it? Any help is lovely.Hombello3 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 need to find trainer for journeyman riding If anyone can help me with this that would be great! I have been looking for a trainer to train me in journeyman riding (the one where you have to reach level 40 in order to get this said "spell") and I have been unable to find one. If anyone knows where to find a trainer could you tell me where? Thank you very much. (another note: I am in the eastern plaguelands.)Blackdragon4 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Ret Pally Heals OP multiple wogs to full LUL > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWPDn8_abpI Brizzadin0 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Spell steal... I never realized how OP this ability was until I got this guy to 85 a few days ago. Is there any way to avoid it? I heard using Divine Protection with wings will help, but it seems that wings always gets stolen. Then they steal my freedom right after a nova or something as well. I feel more hopeless on my pally against a mage than I do on my warrior. The best I can think of is to use wings after I HoJ him, but then they just block until HoJ wears off and steal my wings. Any help would be appreciated. Also I have searched the forums a bit and haven't found any good posts on Ret pally duels...anyone know of any?Aulë4 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Maw of the Dragonlord The Cleansing Fire proc that heals everyone around you is cool. I was wondering if Holy Radiance can proc this as well? And if HR does, is it just the initial cast or will every tic of HR proc it? I noticed the proc rate is pretty good too. Thanks :)Krindrani14 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Avenger's Shield missing? I know prot pallys have a 8% spell hit just for being prot...so why is my avengers shield missing in heroics? Since the spell hit cap for heroics is only 6%. Is it a bug? or is it something else?Razinfrazin5 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 PVP Holy Paladins, I need your help Yo, I'm converting my 85 prot to holy, and I need your help. I havent healed on my pally since early wrath, and I have no idea what to do. My questions: What spec should I use? What glyphs should I use? What are stat priorities for pvp? What heals should I use most/least? What are some tips that will help me out? What heals should I spam to keep people up, and which should I use when damage is minimal? Also, should I just use the sticky holy guide for pve? Or is that worthless for pvp? Thanks for your helpZadax13 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Holy Paladin PvE Gear First of all, I have to say that Im more a PvP player than a PvE but I really wanna start playing some heroics and raids ocasionally. I know Im gonna need a decent PvE gear for that and I could use some help. Whats the best way to build a PvE set? Places to go? Quests? Farming justice? Any raids viable on PvP gear?Hardrock2 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Holy VP Trinket Which one should I be purchasing? I am guessing the Haste one but do I have enough spirit in which case go reflection of light? or should I spend my VP on something different completley Long time since I have really played pally and spirit is new to pallies since I last healed at level cap :)Taculan4 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 [Suggestion] For Pally Retribution Hi all, well I'm paladin retribution game for a long time, and I like to belong to this class. However in the course of time see that she was very nerf compared to other classes. I see that hardly a Ret Spec is among the Top of Arenas or the conditions to get it, much less a nice level to tackle the PVP-World. Compared with all the melee he is the weakest My suggestion would be to create a new melee spell, because we lack another spell that increases our holy power. Something like "Crusade Strike" but without going into cooldown with it And I wonder if there is any possibility at some patch the retri again be something more normal, which can meet all classes as equals. I'm sorry if I have some mistakes in my way of talking Ty for you patienceNarneron25 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 I was a dwarf but now..... I am a Blood Elf! I left my old realm because it was dead PvE and PvP wise and was completely unbalance with Alliance being like 70-70% of it. I am liking azgalor and I have found a cool guild here where I have this toon and a Forsaken DK I have been playing for the last week or so. I am no longer a cross eyed drunkard! However, I have been losing my toon in BG's lol. I always look for the only dwarf paladin until I realize "oh yeah I'm that tall chick over there."Gibreel29 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Holy pally PvP Gems Im getting my pvp gear now and i was just wondering what gems are good for pvp holy specGrinzlol4 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Heroic Morchok 10-Man (Solo Healing Group) One question that I wanted to ask. When would it be a good time to pop CD? I am usually popping DF after the second stomp and soon after AW on the 3rd stomp.. At the near end I am usually struggling when those stomp keeps coming out quickly. I guess our first kill when I solo healed a group I got lucky but since, my DF or AW isn't up yet at the time the stomps keep coming faster. I must be doing something wrong.. I am mainly healing with DL and HR once, we are stacked for crystals and LoD then after that just spamming DL ThanksDjsushi0 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 critique please Any constructive criticism would be much appreciated. Gear, talents, glyphs, etc.Davishton3 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Paladin's(holy) in MoP[2 questions] Hi there! i'm an old player starting new again and i dont know a whole lot about MoP but i've read all the talents and skills etc on the talent tree for MoP, what i would really like to know is: Are holy paladin's receiving a nerf, buff or will they be the same as now? also, what do you think will be the most efficient and best talent choices? So far i'm thinking: Persuit of Justice Burden of Guilt Sacred shield or Eternal flame(can't decide) Unbreakable Spirit Sanctified Wrath and the last one i can't decide on i love all 3 of them, so i'd really appreciate opinions and help because i do plan to lvl to 85 get really well geared(i have raided firelands as 85 holy paladin) and i just some help for when MoP is out :) TLDR; are holy paladin's receiving a nerf, buff or will they be the same? also can you help with what i will choose for talents in MoP.(thankyou)Rurikhan4 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 just came back help with holy hello i just came back to my pally and am trying to OS holy there where a few things i was wondering about seance i haven't played him seance wrath. one is Holy light this use to be a main spell back then and now it just seems like crap to me it heals for next to nothing and cost a lot of mana should i even have it on my action bar or am i doing it wrong and need better gear another thing is i see that with holy you have a lot of choices rather u want to go mastery haste crit and its more or less up to you and your play style (or what i have seen many ppl say) this brings me to Holy radiance i like this spell what woudl be the best way to maxamise this? i woudl like to be able to spam it so i can keep BIG F**KING NUMBERS flying across my screen to keep my A,D,D in check .Iniedorin8 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Out of the Loop. Just started playing again and was interested in healing, How are holy pallys looking for pvE?Baxsh0 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 DK or Warrior or Lock? new holy paladin here, still in the process of gearing up. but have a quick question. which class should i team up with 2s wise to get my feet wet in arenas on this paladin? i'm not new to arena or anything, but def new on this class. what do you guys recommend to team up with? one of the ones i mention in the title work?Ezo5 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 CLC Ret and T13 2 piece I got the shoulders from LFR the other day, and have had the gloves for awhile now. I use CLC ret to watch my rotation, and just use the normal priority system which has given me good DPS numbers for my gear. If I grab the T13 2 piece should I be changing the rotation? I would guess I should put it right behind CS, but unsure. Thanks.Bubblenrun5 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 4.2 Judgment hey guys, i want to know why in 4.2 judgment give you mana back and now it's 4.3 and it do not give backTigerhorde5 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Hand of reckoing +Clique Looking for a Macro to turn into a button click via Clique. ex: Set it to my left mouse button so when I click the icon of party member who has aggro, it casts Hand of Reckoning on the mob that is targeting him. Yes I have used search, and the macro I have found in the search does not work. Thank you for your time.Mordichi8 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Ret is NOT the problem in trip dps teams People haven't noticed that t he real problem is ROGUES. Ret/Rogue/DK Ret/Rogue/Hunter Ret/Rogue/X People seem to think Ret healing is op? LOL not even close, sure they will give them 10-20 more secs of life, but ultimately its a Rogue Smoke Bomb that crushes healers. The healer has to run in to stop it, but once he gets in BAM CC CC CC SMOKE SMOKE SMOKEBranen6 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Ret PvP, inquisition, should I use it? Hello fellow paladins, I would like to know if it's worth it to keep inqusition up as much as possible, or only in burst. If it helps, I am reforged to crit, and in last word spec. And if you're just going to say it's preference, at least tell me what you chose to do. Thank you.Anaik13 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Lovin the Holy Pally. Seriously, been playing this game on and off for years, but I've never been able to stick with it. I've been through every class out there, could never really get into one. I thought back when they released the DK, I had found a class I genuinely enjoyed. Had a blast with corpse explosion and the unholy spec. Won't argue they were overpowered, but I thoroughly enjoyed the mechanics behind it, and corpse explosion. After they removed corpse explosion however (i r like mah corpse explosion), among other abilities, I lost interest. And until now, I've been on and off, checking in once in a while to check how things are progressing. Finally decided to try Holy, and.... omg. I love it. I can single handedly keep everyone around me in BGs alive. Throw me another healer, competent or not, and no one is going to die, period. I finally found my class, my little niche, and I can see now how people can get addicted to this game. TLDR; Just me spewing my unhealthy obsession with the Holy Paladin.Warthelas9 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Is my gear good enough for Heroic Ragnaros/DS I know many people are going to say "Gear =/= Skill" but I know for a fact I have the skill for the fight. So let's leave that part out. My question is, is my gear good enough to pug a Heroic Ragnaros run or a Heroic Dragon Soul run up to any given boss? I want to know whether or not I'm ready to get into the more difficult heroic raiding in terms of requirements.Hougaku4 Feb 24, 2012
Feb 24, 2012 Why are paladins heals so slow? This is for blizzard. Compared to death knights, paladins are completely slow. They should have instant heals to even compete against a death knight. Also, why don't they have a decent pet to compete against other classes? Death knights have zombies and necromansers demons. Paladins don't have anything comparable. Exorcism doesnot have any benefit.Mauldoom21 Feb 24, 2012