Paladin

Mar 16, 2012 Judgement and Holy Power I at times get irritated having to wait for that little delay of Holy Power generation from judgement when having the Retribution Tier 13 2 set bonus. Considering Judgement is going to be giving holy power in Mists of Pandaria, wouldn't it make sense to shorten that delay now?Incite4 Mar 16, 2012
Mar 16, 2012 Paladin tanking and the CTC cap? I have been tanking for a long time now. I am iL 388, with 95.6% passive avoidance. When trinkets pop, I'm up at some ridiculous number like 150%. I was told in a pug the other day that "tanks no longer need to hit avoidance cap" and that I should re-gem out of mastery and into Stamina. Can anyone verify that this is true? I cannot seem to find a source for this information. At which point should I begin to gem Stam anyway?Pantheus9 Mar 16, 2012
Mar 16, 2012 Holy Guardian of the Ancient Kings Does he copy your heals for five heals? or does his healing spell scale off your stats rather than the power of the spell you select and your 'next five heals' just direct him where to cast? In other words: if i use Divine Light on a target versus Holy Light, will my guardian's follow up spell heal more, or will any of my single target heals trigger the same base follow-up heal regardless of which spell i use to designate the target?Alnair9 Mar 16, 2012
Mar 16, 2012 Am I doing anything wrong? I just got kicked from LFR and I'm not exactly sure why. No reason was posted other than "main tank sucks" Am I geared wrong? Am I under geared? Am I gemming wrong? I know I'm not enchanted but my holy spec isn't and I am usually #1 or #2 on healing 90% of the time in any LFR. I kept dying because healers sucked terribly. Honestly, I used holy shield on cooldown, divine protection on cooldown, word of glory on cooldown, I was #9 on damage and dps, above the other tank who was much more geared than me. I just fail to understand why I got kicked. Are people just that dumb? I'm ranting a bit but if I'm doing anything wrong tell me because come MoP I'm probably becoming our guilds main tank and I gotta step it up if I'm doing something wrong. I was under the impression mastery was the best stat for any tank besides druids (agility). Is it stamina now? I see tanks in non madness fights well above 200k easily. I'm barely punching 180k in LFR and 164k unbuffedVynlann4 Mar 16, 2012
Mar 16, 2012 Ret Tanking Classic I remember during BC, a Ret Paly could tank anything just fine up till like outland. During Lich King you couldnt even reach the defense cap till you were 80, how necessary is it for the first 70 levels to have that crit defense talent from Prot spec. Ret has strong single target threat with TV, Divine Storm for packs, can still drop consecrate, and has replenishment for the group, Seals of Command also great for multi target threat, yet I dont see any Ret's doing this past like level 20. I know dual spec is cheap, and its probably easier to just tank as prot, but why not try it.Argentos6 Mar 16, 2012
Mar 16, 2012 I need start from scratch help I have logged out on my ret set. I have played only at a tankadin since level 60. There is a lot of reforging to be done, and gems to be socketed. I don't know the best way to start getting experience. I would love advice on my rotation, how to use cool downs ect. How to prioritize gearing ect. The truth is I mainly want to tank, this is what I love to do, but my guild will need me to occasionally dps, and I want to be a good team player. so yes I am a lazy !@#, and hoping to get some best of rather than researching for endless hours like I did for my protection spec. thanks for reading, gronc Gronc5 Mar 16, 2012
Mar 16, 2012 Weapon choice for H Ultra Hey guys, just wondering which weapon is better for H ultra as holy paladin: heroic vigaries of time or LFR maw of the dragon lord? Thanks!Lemmer6 Mar 16, 2012
Mar 16, 2012 Need a power aura for Judgements of the Pure See title. I've tried a couple of auras but they all only show when the buff is active, not when it's missing. I want an icon to pop up when it's missing.Valkyrii3 Mar 16, 2012
Mar 16, 2012 LF matching belt, help please. I'm trying to find a belt to match the elite pvp gear, as the holy one doesn't have a t2 version, it only matches the copper/blue set. What I have on is the closest I could find, but I don't know if I could be missing something. Any ideas? Thanks.Shadowbawkz0 Mar 16, 2012
Mar 16, 2012 Practicing my ret spec for single tank fights Just a few things Im not sure about and didn't notice in this or the MMO champion guide 1) If I won't have enough holy power for a 3 stack inquisition before it falls off (say, 9 seconds left on duration), is it better to let it drop for a couple seconds to get a 3 HP one up or just use a shorter duration one to maintain buff uptime? 2) How much haste rating will push CS to a 3 second cooldown under the effects of herolust, assuming Judgements of the pure and the spell haste buff? Im still half in prot gear and not enchanted yet, but I know what to do in that area, so no cause for concern thereSideofabarn1 Mar 16, 2012
Mar 16, 2012 General Raid Gear Stamina, Avoidance, Threat? After avoidance cap what are most paladins building? I'm leaning towards avoidance myself, but was curious what the consensus is.Paylan2 Mar 16, 2012
Mar 15, 2012 1hand Duel Wielding Ret pally O.k I'm a HUGE fan of the Ret Paladin I'v been playing a Be Ret pally since elves could be paladin's and all that Time I'v always wished they could duel wield, always thought the Holy power mixed with it would just be phenominal but then I saw Illidans blades for the first time and Grew green in envy of other races so of course when when the Warrior came out for blood elves I had to try it, but I just don't like not having save the group functionality. anyway I'm a Huge fan of Warglaves, Like Beyond Hudge! and I know it's only a matter of time before you add more to the game so PLEASE when you do have it set up so paladin's can choose to Duelwield or use 2handers in the ret tree so I can get in on the fun of a warglave too /druel holy power with warglaves it's my biggest wow dream. and on that note, why is the picture of my female toon a man tonight ?Myriatyr46 Mar 15, 2012
Mar 15, 2012 Transmog recommendations: Dungeon Set 3 I'm looking for both a 2h sword and 1h sword/shield to go with Dungeon Set 3 (Righteous Armor). I have always liked the set (and I had most of it back in the day) and want to try transmogging it, but I need a matching weapon. Most weapons I find are too bright or just don't quite match the feel. Ideas?Petrus0 Mar 15, 2012
Mar 15, 2012 Holy Paladin Arena Hey, everyone! Since I'm almost 85 and usually focus exclusively on arenas and battlegrounds, I had a few questions. I quit for a couple months, so I'm not up to date on the latest trends. 1) As a whole, how is hpally PvP faring right now? 2) What are the strongest 2v2 / 3v3 teams for Hpallies? 3) What spec is top of the line right now? (a name of a good holy pally would be awesome so I could check them out on the armory.) Thanks guys!Rhiara3 Mar 15, 2012
Mar 15, 2012 move with mouse or wasd pally tank K so im a pally tank and im playing with all my skills as keybinds. I took turning off my keyboard and use my mouse to turn, and i use wasd to move forward back and strafe. I was wondering if i should only be strafing and back peddling with my keyboard and moving forward with my mouse instead. or if i should just keep what im doing.Coxan6 Mar 15, 2012
Mar 15, 2012 Question on cast speed I don't know this class at all. I leveled it as holy to 81, then tried ret. I found that in a battle ground. I would start off okay in the opening attack, but then I am attacked back, I am counting more than 10 seconds for the cast bar to be ready for the next attack. I focus self, cleanse 1 effect, then focus target to make second attack, but again,the clockwise motion of the cast bar telling me I can spam a attack key again is waiting for another 10 or so seconds. I am looking up at where the mini map is and see a bar of slows, bleeding, frost chained, extra damage to me taken spells, etc almost 4 inches long across the screen. I try to clense but by then I have run out of manna or dead. LOL, on the target tummy, I can almost instant cast continuously. My main is a hunter and I must say that I could be cooking with the same effects and still be able shoot at range. I read about Paladins being top of the tables. How do they get around the slow casting. Do they need to clense themselves every time?Thiri3 Mar 15, 2012
Mar 15, 2012 what ret PvP trinket for 85? Should I go with the on use strength trinket, or the chance on attack strength trinket for pvp? The on use one will help with burst damage, yet the chance one might help with constant damage and I might get lucky and get a proc during my burst phase.. Thanks. Anaik6 Mar 15, 2012
Mar 15, 2012 Question about my reforges. I just wanted some feedback as to whether my reforges are correct. Note: I know I have disenchanted items. I'm broke right now. I'm more wondering if I should dial down on spirit or the like. I'm a first-time healer (usually tank) so through all the critique you want to at me. I'm trying to get better at this.Valkyrii1 Mar 15, 2012
Mar 15, 2012 Good Rotation for a Level 33 Prot Belf? I am wondering what a you think a good rotation would be.Whatisaname3 Mar 15, 2012
Mar 15, 2012 Loot woes We've been farming 8/8 DS since release every week and I still have 3 LFR tier pieces T_TPyraedine1 Mar 15, 2012
Mar 15, 2012 Mists of Pandaria, Crusader Strike The current tooltip states that you are granted a charge of Holy Power for using Crusader Strike. The Mists of Pandaria's ability tooltip does not. Oversight or actual change?Valyk8 Mar 15, 2012
Mar 15, 2012 H Blackhorn DP glyph or not? (Ret) My guild will be starting work on H Blackhorn tonight, and I'm wondering whether or not it would be better to use the glyph of DP or not. On one hand, glyphed DP means I'd be better at soaking both swirls, possibly running through fire, and reducing the damage from the debuff goriona puts on people in p2. On the other hand, there is a large portion of the damage at the end that is physical, coming from the high vengeance shouts, which would need unglyphed to mitigate. So what do you think is the better option?Darthelmet9 Mar 15, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 Will the teirs 2piece bonus ruin ret for you? Because i never noticed the two piece bonus as i got my healing set first.. when i got the ret two piece i went holy crap, and wanted to do another dungeon to see how well it worked. Building holy power can be a draining process. I dont think i can go back after getting two holy power with two different attacks. Not sure why the focal point of our powers is so hard to build. Pally is like 3rd in line for me as far as alts go so i haven't looked too much into. Are they going to make holy power easier for RET so we can DPS?Flipse3 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 Brackenshell shoulders or tier shoulders I have the token for tier shoulders, but I'm not sure if I should replace my Brackenshell Shoulderplates Or if i should keep them and use them for my OS? I logged out in my tank set so you guys could see it, in combat I'm ctc capped, b/c my dodge trinket. So which shoulders should I use?Earther4 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 How is retadins on pvp? I want to know if Retribution Paladins are viable for competitive pvp, like higher rating arenas and rgbs.Draevrim3 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 Help me with holy Hello all I recently am back with a scroll of resurrection and the last character I had was a paladin as level 24, being 80 is a big difference now and I am kind of lost with how I should improve myself as a holy paladin. I am trying to replace what I can when I can and reforge what I can. I'm looking for advice on gear choices and some of the main heals I should be constantly using. I know a lot of people say Beacon the tank use Holy Shock and Word of Glory on single targets and the healer beam on groups. Please help and I appreciate it :)Avadakadavra2 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 Ret Advice hello, im looking for advice in ret, this is my OS and i wanna know what im missing and what i can improve , right now im pushing 17-20k in the raid dummy. Like i said this is my OS and would like to know in what i can improve, im still learning the rotation and i have inq up almost all the time. add ons i have is CLCRet , but would like to know if i should leave that add on has it is or if i have to fix/ tweak something. Ty .Arkellian11 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 Ready to heal DS10? Pretty much just asking for some input on whether or not I'd be okay to heal DS10 reg. Spec/gear/glyphs etc. Thanks!Justjudgin3 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 I wish... I wish I had 4 specs so I can do Ret PvP/Holy Pvp/Ret PvE/Holy PvE. Instead I drain my pocket and reset my build multiple times a week :(Muszic3 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 Ret pvp question Ive been gone since the release of patch 4.3, and am coming back. I was wondering how ret is for pvp this season, or if I should respec to holy or prot if I want to do well?Serovin5 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 Holy Paladin/Fire Mage 2v2 Any tips on how to play this comp? Just started playing Fire and my friend is a brand new Holy Pally... How do you set up for kills? How do you protect your dots and create pressure? Do you guys have a problem with mana? Thanks! Vrakkus3 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 Pally pvp macro's? Hey, i'm a ret pally looking to start some pvp, and i was wondering if there were some helpful pvp macro's that you guys have? Thanks very much.Biotoxic6 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 14, 2012 Transmog.. can't decide I'm stuck between the T13 warrior set that I've almost completed(I'm 1 heroic short from the chest piece, and need the crafted pants) or the judgement tier that I've officially completed as of today. My main issue is I don't want to pay for the essences to craft the pants. Thus, I'll just ask the general paladin community. Considering I never tank, I don't see why I would really want to get the crafted pants for anything other than transmog. However, most people seem to despise the judgement set, even though I don't care because I love it. and I'm sure most will just say "lol dont choose judgement makes you look st00pid."Tarvoz0 Mar 14, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Ret dps concept: spare gcd filler Coming back from a couple months of serious RL activities(yeah right), I'm getting back up to speed on my Ret powwy and warrior. Getting accustomed to the new and improved Arms warrior dps, the stance dancing gave me an idea for possibly maximizing dps for ret. I've begin to trying to work Seal of Righteousness into my rotation when I: A)Don't have 3 Holy Power. B)Crusader Strike is on cd. C)Judgement is on cd. D)Holy Wrath is on cd. E)Divine Purpose or Art of War isn't Proc'd. The idea is that my attacks will deal a marginal amount more in damage and I can reapply Truth before the 5 stacks fall off. Keep in mind this is obviously a small window of opportunity and may be regrettable if you're not allowed the spare gcd to reapply truth before stacks falling. It's very difficult to gauge whether or not this is worthwhile, but it's worth a shot to play around with. I mean, that IS what min/maxing is all about...isn't it? Your thoughts? Sequisha5 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 CLRet Rotation Question Hey everyone. I've recently started playing ret and love it! i'm using clret to help me learn my rotation etc. I've just used it for almost a week and started playing with it off today and i can say it does help a lot with new people learning spell priorities etc. My question is. what is the proper rotation without the T13 bonus, is this rotation correct. (i do have 2pc tier12) inqa inqr cs jhp inqrdp tvdp exoud tvhp exo how hw and with Zeal activated inqa inqr cs inqrdp tvdp exoud tvhp exo how hw Please let me know :) Paetron2 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Help me become a better TANK Hi all, I have recently become capitvated by the role of TANK. I'll be the first to admit that I am not very good. I can hold agro in the cata heroics and I am situationally aware but the most worrying factor is the whole statistics ballgame. I have read abit on the EJ site and quite a few threads in here and I am familiar with the term CTC, the problem I have is mild dsylexia. Once I start trying to calc my stats dodge/parry/mastery etc to try and reach the magical 102.4%, my brain starts focusing elsewhere. I'm not after charity or anything like that, merely solid figures/percentages I should be aiming for in regards to my current stats. Please note I have only been 85 for a week and still trying to accumulate gear. Any help would be appreciated.Jakuta3 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Pally BoA gear? anyone know if there is anything else for int plate BoA except for shoulders and cloak?Derpasaurus3 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 mouse-clicking or key binds prot pally hey guys so I just came back into WoW after a couple months hiatus. Now that i am getting back into it I was wondering as a pally tank if i should starts using keybinds or keep clicking. I have mouse-clicked all my life and i find it so easy and my action bars are laid out really convenient and all the relevant buttons are close to each other. I tried making key binds and i think they are in logical position however I am finding it very hard to get use to. I have approx 35 keybinds and almost all spells i ever use are key bound. I can do my rotation easy enough its just hard to remember all my cds and abilities. I was wondering if it makes a huge difference whether you click or keybind cause this is becoming a pain in the !@# and i find it so much easier to click. Will I eventually be a better player if I key bind?Coxan6 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Rawr Do any holy pallies out there use Rawr? I recently downloaded it to see what it had to say about my gear/optimizations only to find something strange. It is recommending that I regem my head with the spirit/crit meta. I know the math can sometimes prove strange upgrades, however I have a hard time swallowing the recommendation to replace my primary stat with another lesser one, when I am not exactly having mana issues to begin with. Not to mention I'd be losing the increased mana pool. The only thing I can think is that based off the consequent reforges that would go along with it, maybe it works out better? If anyone could take a look at my current gear and shed some light it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!Denzalo3 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Scrolled Paladin, Need Help! Okay, a buddy gives me a Scroll. I'm back in the game, but I haven't played since The Burning Crusade. So now I'm level 80, I've got on all greens, and I have no clue what I'm doing anymore. I Dual Specilized in Holy and Ret as I know I need Ret for questing, but all the guides are for level 85 characters. I need something specific for Holy and Ret for level 80. Can anyone help?Zakstiel17 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 New Ret: Questions about Damage Hello Paladins, I'm new to Ret paladins. I have an 80 prot paladin that I played mainly in wrath, but I didn't want to pay rl money to transfer him to my main server. So I slapped on my armor, picked up my old dk's bloodied reaper, and started smiting the forces of evil in the name of The Light. It has been fun. I picked a Draenei so I could mog him to look like the one in the BC cinematic (BC was the best time in WoW imo)...but that's a different story. What I am concerned with, is that my damage (for now at least) seems to have barely increased between my 30s and my 40s. I have been doing lfg runs and gotten upgrades as they appear. My gear is improving, but my Verdicts are still doing about 1200 on crits, Crusader Strikes about 1k, and Exorcisms are about 1700. It seems like the only thing that changes is that I get more ex procs. The damage is still good, my dps (40s dps is srs bsns) is still usually top, but there isnt really any damage change. I know this because this guy was in his 30s on Sunday. I looked in my talents/spellbook and see that I have HoW next level and holy power ability procs coming up in the tree. My question is: will there be a sort of damage wall until I hit outland? I realize that this usually happens (hitting a new xpac causes damage increase), but I've leveled every class except priest to 80, and this is the first time a damage wall has really been noticeable. What do you think? TL;DR My damage seems to have hit a wall. Is it just a paladin thing to hit a point where damage is relatively the same, just more procs are available? Thanks for the help, -JudgeStreetjudge1 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Healing Zon'ozz Hi, last week I was having trouble healing Zon'ozz (with melee group and tank). The tank was taking massive damage while the melee were ranging around 50-65%. I'm trying to cleanse the melee if above 80% and healing them is difficult with the tank taking a lot of damage. Any tips for a newer holy pally? My MS is Ret., so I'm a but unfamiliar with healing. I'm using Grid and xperl.Exalus2 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 So at 85.... how do I know which gear to buy with my JP? Do I get anything that is good for my stat boost or is their a 'list' of the good ones to aim for?? Real noob here, never had an 85 so please help :)Tinkermoon13 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Prot pally pvp spec and stat priority Hello there guys, i have a prot pally right now, wanting to make a pvp prot spec as well. Just wondering what are the best choices for talents and what the stat priority is and where res falls into it. Thank you.Striker16 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Vengeance patch pvp nerf 4.3.2 Hi guys, I would like to know what the pala prot. comunity think about this: -Vengeance is no longer triggered by receiving damage from other players. Do you think this is going to lower the damage a lot? Even if this buff can be dispelled in bgs we can see big crits coz of it. I defenitely going to miss those crits. (: Luux43 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Anyone else do this? Try to be the ultimate pally and get full set's for all specs, ie a tank set, ret set, holy set etc? Right now I have full Ret PVP (my main spec), full Holy PVP, full ret pve, half a set of healing and tanking armour for pve. Or am I just crazy? :PSaintinel12 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Well about that MOP If were gonna generate HP way faster now in MOP how about making zealotry able to use all 5 stored HP? So it will become a control for huge burstStreaming2 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Shield help Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knows what this shield is; I needs it! >:D http://wowroleplaygear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Season-2-Paladin-capeof-trinity-beazels-basher-drillborer-disk.jpg Viablez2 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Soloing MC with a Pally. Quick question trying to get transmogrification gear from MC for my pally and was wondering if I could solo it with him. I do it on my Hunter/ DK weekly with no issues, but never did it on a pally. Here is his link, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/uldaman/Iililililil/simple Also Which of the three Trees would be best for soloing MC? Røren11 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Paladins too overplayed? Hey everyone, I was thinking about rolling a Paladin Alliance side. However, are paladin's too over played to make me viable for arena and raids? thanks for your answers!Ilesh13 Mar 13, 2012