Paladin

Jan 19, 2012 Damage Medigation Help!!! Ok well i take a crap ton of damage and don't know why i use my cds every time they come up and it just isnt working idk what im doing wrong plz help and give me some pointers ior something... Kassuuraa3 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Ret Options.. Hello! I was wondering if I should use Full Cata PvP gear with my Weapon or get the 2 Tier 13 piece and sacrifice my Resil for the extra HP. I do casual arena, once I fully understand my Char I may take arena to the next step and try to hit 2.2k Opinions are very helpful!Dispersion2 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Hand of Freedom question Rebuilding my pvp pally and had a question. Back in protribution days if i recall hand of freedom removed and prevented stuns, does it still do that or no? thank you.Constantinne3 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Gem Stamina after 102.4% (Tank)? Since 102.4% avoidance is easily obtainable should I start to gem for stamina when I hit that mark now?Gorefury8 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Rate the tank above you 2012 I used the forum search tool and it seems the last one was 11 months ago. So I thought it might be time for a new one. I'm positive, "I'm doing it right." Just wondering if there's anything yall would do different?Stonewall41 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 4piece FL set on Yor'sahj? Has anyone seen the 4 piece heal trigger a stack of deep corruption on Yor'sahj? Can't seem to find confirmation on this.Kworzack1 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Just wondering Am i going about gearing right? I'm trying to hold out on spending too much gold until i get at least all 359/378 gear, but when can i start expecting to become CTC Capped? Using the macro, i found that right now i'm at 78%, in org, unbuffed. Since this is also a server transferred character, this is the only one I actually have on Laughing Skull so my help from my main is cut off (Rep/Enchants) and actually have to rebuild rep on this toon, so that'll explain any lack of reputation gear. TL;DR: Just wondering if i'm gearing up correctly, and possibly any dungeon i should run for replacement gear?Rhydun2 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Seal of the seven signs trinket im just here to tell you this trinket is not as bad as most of you claim i see SO many assumptions: "it will most likely not be up when you need it" you could also say then that it will likely be up when you need it thats just plain wrong, the probability of it being up when you dont need it is 50/50 in fact, if you can plan it out say on madness proc it before the fight starts, trigger the ICD. theres no major damage going out for atleast a minute or two when the trinket will proc again for all the platforms on madness it should be up for atleast a few of the aoe damage phases in conclusion, this trinket is AMAZING throughput and probably better then a few heals from Windward heart which like eye of blazing power can overheal or choose a useless target some of the time just thought id throw this out there after seeing people hate on this trinket so much Retheal9 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Looking for a Arena/PvP Healing guide As stated above.Kaltrax1 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 PvE in PvP gear? So how is it? I mean like regular trash mobs vs heroic mobs? I only have currently two pieces of pvp gear and so far it seems to be ok. I'm not doing firelands trash actually I'm still doing pre-firelands dailies trash.Lithios2 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 What are the best holy pally pvp trinkets Im kinda new to pvping on my pally, im holy of course. Im having difficulty deciding what trinket to get. thanks in advance.Aceal1 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 am i good for lvl 70 pvp do i need any thing or am i opZxxmclayxxz3 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Gurthalak VS Experimental Specimen Slicer I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find a thread already, so I'm asking now. With the procs from Gurthalak having been reduced to almost nothing while Seal of Truth is active, would it at this point be more effective to use Experimental Specimen Slicer and benefit from the additional stats and socket? Your thoughts, please.Cerylidae5 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Hand of Light Confussion Greetings, I enjoy my Ret pally, and have recently taken him to LFR - death of deathwing etc. I see "via recount" that the top dps paladin Rets score their biggest stats with "Hand of Light" In the Paladin talent tree, no mention of "Hand of Light" and in the spell book, zero mention of 'Hand of Light" ... but if you want to do any sort of damage as a ret pally, then "Hand of Light" is one of the major players ... according to recount. I have tried upping mastery, upping crit, but I can't get any damage to display that says "Hand of Light". Is there a "Hand of Light" school I can go to that teaches us how to make use of this most powerful DPS skill, which sadly me and numerous other paladins are completely missing. Maybe there is some extra spell or skill I can buy/learn that will give me this skill or at least show me how to use it ? Thanks for any advice here.Rebazar4 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 How is ret in pve/pvp nowdays? Thinking about rolling a paladin, because I enjoy 2h dps. How are they in pve? and can they work in pvp? I know at the start of cata they were not to good.. but I haven't been around since 4.2.Magnatik6 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Prot/Ret for arena Is it viable to do 2s and 3s in arena as prot/ret I love playing as a pally, leveling in bgs as prot it's so much fun and I think it would be ashame not to beable to do this successfully in arena. So before I get all the way to 85 I wanted to know if you guys think I'm wasting my time thinking this would be a good idea for arena. ThanksKreleielin6 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Expt and Glyphying for SoTr If Expt is negligible why is it recommended we Glyph for it?Pel11 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Ret PVP - Crit or Mastery? I haven't played this toon in a long time, and am looking to get back into pvp on it. Back when I retired this paladin, mastery was the standard way to reforge. However, after looking at some top ret pallies, it appears some now reforge crit and others mastery. The spec and glyph changes I need to make are obvious, but reforging isn't. Which is better? Is what you choose based on team composition (go crit for WoG crits if all dps team?), or am I missing something? I looked at the outdated sticky, and it said to reforge to either one and didn't give reasons for either. Thanks for any help! Zarise6 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Reflection of light for some fights? Hi guys, I am pretty new to healing, and I had a question that I was hoping some of my betters could possibly help me with. My current trinkets are: 1 heart of unliving(LFR) 2 Foul gift/jaws. I have been told to go only for trinkets with int on them and to leave reflection of light alone, but I have always wondered if Reflection might be pretty useful on some fights where there will be a predictable burst in raid damage like on the third boss in ds when he gets a nasty combination or near the end of ultraxion when he hits the hardest (I have only done LFR, but I assume it's pretty nasty on normal). I can't help wondering how usefull the on-use effect of this trinket may possibly be in these situations. I have pretty much got everything else I planned on getting for my holy spec from the valor vendor, and I would like to find out about this trinket before I start buying stuff for my os. Tyvm for reading.Harimá3 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 2 Piece Prot T12 Just started running the DS 5 mans, and figure that since it's pretty unlikely that I'll get a 4th piece of T12, which tanking piece would be best replaced (of glove, chest or pants) to replace (if at all) from the 5 mans?Âran4 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 criticism and judgement. Hows my pally tank? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Xendai/advanced I want to know everything useful for my pally tank. I want to get stamina to a point it's solid so i can even start pulling as much dps as the dk tanks... Also, I plan to be doing big things basically I want to get to the point of one tanking everything in DS. I've done a lot of it having issues with p2 madness. As well I have yet to figure out how to even solo tank blackhorn.Ryeleigh1 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Am I ready for H DS? Am I ready for early Heroic DS bosses? I've had some mana issues on Normal Spine / Madness last week with 2700 something Spirit and T12 2p bonus. I was full Mastery. After getting some VP / DS gear, I've decided to replace some of my ilvl 378 stuff and converted to Haste. Hopefully less mana issues this time...Inaudax26 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Ret 2's double dps partner Coming back after missing 4.2 and 4.3. Whats the most viable double dps comp with a ret? Hunter, rogue, dk, something else? Also the best specs of those classes? Thanks for the input.Tiberïus2 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Does HOLY Damage = MAGIC Damage? Just curious if Curse of Elements also increases retribution holy damage. Destructorr2 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Tier 2Pc Shoulders Vs Brackenshell I have the LFR Brackenshell Shoulderplates at the moment. As well, I have the Tier 13 LFR Helm and the Tier 13 LFR Shoulder Token. I'm not sure it's worth the 2pc bonus to swap out the Brackenshells for the Tier ones. Suggestions?Pel3 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Going oom need help Hello there, I just began playing my holy pally again. I played it since wrath and then stopped and recently leveled it again and enjoy playing it but when I am going into lfr/bh 25 I've noticed that I run oom rather quickly and other pallies with lesser gear do more healing than me. My rotation is follows : I put on Seal of Insight (restores mana upon melee swing) and put my beacon on a tank that's usually very squishy or with lesser hp. Then when raid starts taking damage, I use Holy Shock on tank and Holy Radiance on raid group that's taking damage. Spamming Holy radiance is ok but I notice I go oom very quickly and then I am a sitting duck. Could some seasoned holy pallly please look at my gear/gems/glyphs and give some advice? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ThxYalta7 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 HotR bug? I'm not sure if any other of you fellow paladins are noticing this at all, but I am. Whenever I'm tanking and getting up aggro with HotR, it'll flow fine. Then all of a sudden it'll go gray in my skillbar and says "requires a one handed weapon". Now, I know this isn't a targeting issue. I'm ALWAYS facing my mobs while its being used. And obviously, I am using a one handed weapon. Whats up? Am I derping and overlooking a simple solution? It's not very detrimental to my threat at this moment, but it is an annoyance.Entensity4 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 4 t12 vs 2 t13 Hey just looking for a little input from you ret paladins. is it worth dropping 2 heroic t12 tier slots (legs and hands) and downgrading to two raid finder pieces for a tier 12/13 2 piece split? Or should I wait till full 4 set?Rhada9 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Ret Needs A Little Help Few things (BTW Don't mind the missing helm enchant lol) Can afford anything from valor, which should i upgrade? Im almost 100% i have my rotation down to the T for both AoE and Single Target, Single target is when popping CDS is usually pop guardian before others let it get to about 16 stacks then pop ZT with my damage buff as well wings, then its CS-TV repeat, almost always try to line up my CDS and second Pot for BL. Question on single when CS/TV are on a CD (Not BL CD phase) does instant Exo or Hammer take priority? AoE i switch seals when there are 4 or more and DS anyway's check out gear tell me what upgrade i should buy, any tips or hints please post below (Positive feedback)Yøshî2 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 what to do with excess haste when Holy? I started gearing up my paladin to heal and easily hit the first haste breakpoint, but now I'm a bit confused whether my "excess" haste of 1109 haste rating should be reforged into mastery or even crit until I have enough DS gear to go for one of the higher haste breakpoints? I realize that the haste will still help me cast faster and I don't seem to be going oom in LFR or 5-man heroics, so maybe the more haste the merrier? The absorb shield from mastery seems pretty weak.Dlish4 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 is seal of the seven signs a good pally trink i cant tell if seal of the seven signs is good for a pally healer cause the haste and mr robot says its bis for meHealidian1 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Ret T13 2-PC in PvP vs All PvP gear... I don't have access to the better 397 or 410 T13 gear and was wondering how much I'm losing out on. Our server is pretty terrible in everything, and finding decent 10-man groups isn't very easy. I haven't had luck with raid finder drops either to even try the crappy 384 stuff, but I'm wondering how big the loss of resil/stats impacts PvP against better/geared players. I've run into some PvE hero Alliance Ret's that hit pretty hard, but I hit them back fairly hard too due to the lower resilience. While you lose some stats(unless you have heroic 410 ilvl stuff) and 1 second off Judgement + 70 STR bonus, it seems to be pretty bad !@# in terms of a burst boost in PvP. Just wondering if this is something that significant, or if going full PvP gear is better in the long run against better teams.Lawlbringer1 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Holy Paly / Arms Warrior ( Arena ) Hey Guys, I started to run some 2v2 With my Bro. He's playing an arms warrior. Our gear suck, but we 're wroking on that. I Would general about this Comp. What Will be our strengh? Our weakness? What Should we do ? What Should we avoid to Do? Wich target should we kill first? Or anything that could help us ( Please no troll about warrior hehe ) Thanks : )Kedelav2 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Question about Holy Heartsong vs Power Torrent, any advice? Im using heart song right now..and it seems Im still having just slight mana issues.Linix9 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 key bindings. i never messed with key bindings up untill now and was wondering if any1 had any tips?Akhakaru18 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Tier 13 Prot talent finishing question. has any tier 13 prot paladin tried spending their last 2 talent points on arbiter of light in first level of holy tree , instead of 2 points in pursuit of justice(ret tree)? How effective is it right now as our 2 set bonus?Saty10 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 what is a better trinket is reflection of the light better than jaws of defeatHealidian6 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Holy PVP: Looking for advice/criticism On my gear, chants, gems, and reforging and any general advise on playstyle. As a hpally do you stand and free cast FoL or mainly use instants and use it only on proc also should you ever cast holy radiance? How often should I use Judgement once a min or when off cd when i get a chance. Thanks Edit: Also what's a good class choice with a Hpally for 2's or 3's team may one some for points.Blutò7 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Holy Pally Jaws of Defeat usage First, my basic understand of how this trinket works is: First 10 heals is reduced in cost by Y mana So first heal has no benefit but gives 1 stack 2nd heal costs -Y mana 3rd heal costs -(2Y) mana 4th heal costs -(3Y) mana Etc. until it stacks. Then once it is stacked to 10, for the remainder of the 20 second duration your heals cost -(10Y) mana Is this correct? I still am not entirely sure of the most efficient way to use JoD in a 10 man heroic raiding environment. I would ideally like my radiances to be 10Y cheaper so I had originally thought of trying to stack it asap with HS + single WoGs etc. till 10 just before I go AOE heal mode and then radiance for the remainder. How do you or how should you use this trinket as a holy paladin?Johncman2 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Bop Cleeve team question Hello, recently got back into the game and am making a 2's team with a rogue friend I have 2 questions. The tool tip for Blessing of Protection is kinda vague> is it melee and ranged phisical style damage only and what about cc like stuns etc . TY 2nd does anyone know the stat priority for ret in pvp. I read the sticky but did not see it listed. TY againConstantinne3 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Feasible vs Outlandish (Wish list game) Simple game. List out any two changes you'd want with the condition that one could feasibly be seen put into the game, and the other being just crazy like whoa. Following poster picks their favorite, says why, and lists their own set of two changes. Ready? GO! Feasible: Glyph of Heavy Handedness - Your Templar's Verdict now knocks down your opponent for 0.75 seconds per Holy Power. Outlandish: Casting Avenging Wrath right after a /roar no longer conjures the wings graphic, but instead hides the player's helm and turns their hair both glorious and blonde. Hair is given its own special animation for the duration. Lasts for 5 minutes, Goku, 5 minutes, or until ten episodes end.Jackishi1 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Apparatus of Khaz'Goroth is extremely unreliable at proccing and i'm almost tempted to just use Varothen's Brooch wth Rosary of Light with it to avoid such long downtimes on Wings+Zealotry waiting for AoK to hit 5. i don't have any of the new DS trinkets and i don't have a Vessel of Acceleration. tl:dr Rosary + AoK or Rosary + Brooch?Sarahpaladïn5 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Hand of Protection in PvP Just to be upfront, I only started to PvP seriously last season, so I still have a lot to learn. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to use Hand of Protection a bit better. I notice when I use it and a DK is attacking me, I still take a ton of damage... I'm assuming it's because DK's have a lot of damaging options that aren't physical. What melee do different non-physical damage... do warriors have attacks that arent physical damage... do rogues have poisons that aren't physical? What about enhancement shaman strikes, are those physical, or only partially physical? Different hunter shots, which are physical and which arent? Excuse my confusion, but I'm trying to learn when (and which matchups) HoP is useful, and when other abilties would serve me better.Justheoa7 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Why cant I beat a druid in Aoe heals as pally Im not posting this on my main because several guildies would troll me to no end if they found out I was asking for advice. My paladin has 117k mana. I have 4pc t13 although its raid finder. I have 3399 spirit and 2k haste. I need help. My guldies are saying holy paladins are amazing raid healers and not really strong tank healers. I can't seem to beat our boomkin when it comes to madness fight. What heal am I supposed to use when everyone is spread out for aoe healing? What can I do to not go oom. Usually I do go oom. I can beat our shaman in heals, but not the druid. I tend to go oom near the very end. My guild is saying since I cant beat a restoration druid in healing that I suck because paladins are better aoe healers. They also said I shouldn't be using holy shock. Please help. What should I be doing different to boost my raid healing. I really need to know some tips for next weeks raid. I want them to stop making fun of me because I can't beat the druid. He beat me by 9% in heals. No I don't have any WoL. My guild doesn't record that.Orihe21 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Old man looking to get back to play. Hi, I stopped playing about a year ago and this is my 4Th character. The others I maxed out and deleted. Since I last played a lot has changed, specifically the Talents and Glyphs. Obviously since I took a year off my talent tree was reset. Now I want to create a good balanced Paladin, somewhere right between ret and tank. Can anyone help me with the talents on that build? Cheer, ChastainChastain7 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Expertise on Tanking Gear? let me start as saying that i'm not in a raiding guild or anything even close to that. However i do enjoy raiding and the LFR has been rather good to me (hence all my LFR gear lol) however while i'll probably never be in a normal DS raid i was planning on using my valor points to upgrade the pieces I could from the vender and realized most of them have expertise on it instead of mastery? EX: Shoulderguards of Radiant Glory Jaw of Repudiation Indefatigable Greatcloak Gauntlets of Feathery Blows now I understand that we can just reforge it to mastery and be done with it. My real question is why not have mastery or another tanking stat with it to begin with, am I missing something?Evilborn4 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Prot question Should I reforge more parry to dodge to get the numbers closer? I feel like its an overall loss to reforge parry to dodge because I hate losing mastery, but not sure if I am over thinking it. I plan on getting the 397 valor cloak on Tuesday but not sure I should with the mastery loss? Any advice on gear, gemming, reforge etc is appreciated. The only raiding I do is LFR. Basc4 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 trinkets windward heart and eye of blazing power share icds? Abexx0 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Ret PvP(or should i skip the agony and holy) I enjoy ret the dps spec, and have played melee in PvP before. My concern is twofold. Is it as masochistic as enhancement or a hunter, where most of your enjoyment is from the idea that very few can do as well as you with such a disablement? The next is people often complain about the lack of damage, but in DS ret is very high up on the meters(Even without the broken proc) is the offhealing that much of a hit on ret PvP DPS? I do also enjoy healing in PvP as well the only thing i disliked was when i am spec'd healer all i want to do is heal with minimal interaction with my opponents,(something my shaman and druid just can't do)(Strange i don't mind healing when dps spec'd). One of these two specs i plan on maining into PvP the other shall be an offspec. So could the rets out there offer their experience and opinions, please no QQ.Daturaferox6 Jan 17, 2012
Jan 17, 2012 Holy Light Is there a point at which spirit makes this spell mana-neutral to cast?Like27 Jan 17, 2012