Paladin

Nov 29, 2011 Retribution Request/ Dual Wield I was just wondering why Ret Paladins are the only melee class that cannot dual wield. That is simply not fair and thats not balanced. Warrior, Dk, Rogue, Enhance Shammy, Can Dual Wield. Ferals cant because they are cats and even they have two paws scratching. I also would like get rid of Holy Avenger. I dont Care if it lasts for 500 sec. We do not need any DPS cooldowns longer than 2 min. And that Is EXTREME I would like to see stuff no longer than a min. Preferably 30 sec. Thank You :-)Beggformercy40 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Couple of transmog sets :) I've always loved running around in the gear that I like the look of. But when I heard about transmogrification, I squeeled like a little girl XD and begun hunting what I loved the most. I did up a couple of sets, and found a few other items that I thought would make a great set :) I got, for my tank set, the whole Judgement Tier 2 set, and my choice of weapon and shield were the Royal Crest of Lordaeron, and the Grand Marshal's Longsword. For damage, I got the "Purple Judgement" set, which consists of: Justice Bearer's Pauldrons Breastplate of Many Graces Mask of Penance Cassock of the Loyal Boots of the Watchful Heart Life Bearer's Gauntlets Virtue bearer's Vambraces Girdle of Many Blessings And for my weapon, well I use the sword called Reckoning, from the Trial of the crusader(10 man mode, Alliance version) but I really would like to get the heroic version of Zoid's Firelit Greatsword(because its PURPLE :D) for the set :) Another good set I put together(but havent actually gotten) is as follows: Swiftsteel OR Dawnsteel Shoulders (Black Temple BS patterns) Tier 6 boots, belt, and bracers. Tier 7.5(Valorous) Chest, legs and Hands(Head optional) I didnt really think of a weapon for that set, I just slapped it together in a few seconds while browsing Tier 6 grade Blacksmith Patterns and thought it looked pretty cool. I guess you could use Easir's Edge or Voldrethar, Dark Blade of Oblivion(both from Ulduar) for the weapon. Personally, for a TRUE vanity feel(even though you cannot transmogrify legendary items) I would get Val'Anyr, Hammer of the Ancient Kings. That weapon suits the set quite swimmingly. Just a couple of sets and ideas for my fellow paladins out there :)Hàlcyõn5 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 season 11 pvp gear dammit i thought there will be a pvp robe, i dont get the reason why they change the look. it just looks so much better with the robe..Samonosuke7 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 my bad my bad i thought ret pallys are melee class but you more are less saying ret is a caster class tyvm for clearing that up for meWdwdwd6 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 Holy Paladin VP Gear (eye roll) Has anyone seen the VP gear for a holy pally? Blizzard HAS to know that crit and mastery are thee 2 worst things for a hpally, yet all but 1 piece of gear has either crit or mastery on it. What the @^!&*@^&*! is the deal here!? Any comments on this issue would be greatly appreciated. I just think like, piece after piece of t12 having crit and mastery on it was enough. It's like, they have to know how crappy it is. *sigh*Hotnsoursoup6 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 divine guardian mising it looked liek all tanks were going to get a permi raid wall ability for mop because of the teir 13 4 pieces coming but looks like instead of giving all tanks a raid wall type ability perminently in MoP they may be getting rid of it altogether.. i didnt see divine guardian in the list of spells for prot pallies,.. that kind of sux,.. maybe all healers will get it instead,.. i think thats a mistake,.. tanks should get it cuz its easier to make encounters when you know you only have 2 tanks with raid wall cool downs,.. with healrs its always tough to predict how many healers a raid will take to a fight, 10 or 25 man also..Alexor2 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 Prot Help Hey all, Looking for a bit of help on reforging and stats for tanking. It seems everywhere I look they say that hit isn't a necessary stat and that I can reforge out of it. What I'm confused about is, wouldn't this cause me to miss a lot and isn't that bad? If I don't need to be hit capped, is there still a minimum value that I should shoot for? Also, does expertise fall into this same boat... it's just not needed for tanking and I can reforge out of it? Thanks for any help you can provide... Oh one other random question, that JP trinket, is it any good? The proc didn't seem too bad, but the passive bonus of armor seemed fairly meh. Should I get it, or hold out for something that drops from heroics?Piousbovine2 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 ret pally why do ret pallys have only two melee abilities tv csWdwdwd4 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 tankadin proffesions Ok, I am Mining and Skinning and I am missing enchants, and I dont have a lot of gold, only 1.9k. Should I change or something?Blite5 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 Ret 4.3 Changes Explained made a video explaining the upcoming changes to ret in patch 4.3 check it out if you are confused about the changes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLQln8uf0tc&feature=channel_video_title If you wanna subscribe that would be awesome I haven't had my computer for a month now because it is getting fixed but when I had it I uploaded about 3 videos a week dedicated to ret paladin pvp but I will be making A LOT of gameplay videos once I get my computer back in about a week or 2 on MW3, WoW, BF3, League of Legends, etc. The main game I will be focusing on in the future though is SWTOR videos so stay tuned, Thank you.Nadro10 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 Holy DPS? At my level holy DPS seems to be very decent. Actually even seems better than ret. How long does it stay this way? I assume at 85 it's not viable at all?Cynabal6 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 Should I even use Judgements? My melee swing alone does more damage than a 5 stacked Seal of Truth Judgement (ret pally.) Should I even use a Judgement? It seems useless.Dubtronic9 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 Im sexy and i know it! A proper shout out to all of us sexy paladins out there! Lets be heard, no one looks better than a paladin! <3 pink hammer power!Jemms73 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 Zealotry and Avenging Wrath Only been 85 with a pally for a couple weeks so this may be somewhat newbie but.. I was wondering, with the changes to sanctified wrath, would we want to start popping Zealotry and avenging wrath together? In it's current state, I was under the impression you popped them separately (which may be totally wrong to begin with, someone clarify if I'm wrong). With TV hitting so hard and the nerf to HoW crit, would we want to pop Zeal and make it hit as much as possible during AW?Brucefuchs10 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 Need Help w/ Ret Macro + Trinkets [PvE] Hello, I am wanting to know what to macro Synapse Springs on my gloves which gives me +480 Str on a 1 Min. CD & currently I have it macro'd as: /cast Avenging Wrath /use Golemblood Potion /use Immolation Gauntlets /cast Guardian of Ancient Kings /cast Inquisition then I just use the CLC Ret Rotation it provides, but then again I would wanna keep my damage sustained and not just all out burst and have my dps drop later on in the fight, so after 45 seconds later I pop Essence of the Eternal Flame and continue my CLC Ret DPS rotation for about 15 seconds then use another macro that is: /cast Zealotry /cast Immolation Gauntlets & while both Macro's are on CD, I just try to use Essence of the Eternal Flame whenever I can to maximize my DPS. and pretty much rinse and repeat, wanting to know if this is the correct way of DPSing as a ret or I should just all out burst in the beginning and pop all my cool downs or should I do what I'm doing (trying to sustain my dmg). With what I'm doing now w/ just self-buffs and stat food I pull about peaks of 29k then dropping down averaging 22-24k. & also I've heard a few of my guilds debating on what trinket is better, either Heart of Rage or License to Slay? And, can you guys also explain why? Sorry guys for my noobiness, just wanting to see if I'm dpsing right.Solistar11 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 Where should a new Paladin start out? The last thread I made was boggled down by posts that didn't help me out in the slightest, so I've come back for a second opinion. With 4.3 (though I know nothing of the Paladin class, or how they're being affected) coming, I wanted to choose a Paladin spec and work with it before the changes hit so I have some time to get used to the idea of how I'm supposed to be playing. I mainly do Dungeons (after 15) and Battlegrounds to level, and the occasional quest while waiting between queues. I'm wondering, for this playing style, which spec would be better for me to go with? I'm leaning towards Protection, even though I don't really want to Tank. I want to be the one to do damage, but have the ability to do Heal queues when I don't feel like waiting for however long to get into a DPS one. Any advice, Paladins?Miscues2 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 Need some trinket help. I feel like I know the Paladin class fairly well, but I'm really caught up on how to maximize my dps with the trinkets I have, and the one in my bank. Just to preface, I'm not lying, but I don't think I've been out-dpsed in a ZA/ZG except maybe 10 times, out of my nearly 200 completions. I also top our FL meters, but I don't always top the DPS meters, just the damage done. At best, I've done 29.6k on Baleroc, and that was with a lot of procs flying. At best, I've done about 44k on one of the ZA bosses, thanks to time-warp. Now that you know where I'm sitting at, which trinkets would be better together? Vessel/Apparatus (which I use) Vessel/Heart of Rage Heart of Rage/Apparatus FL Rep Trinket/Whatever I feel like the raw strength on the Vessel heavily outweighs the sometimes-proccing overbudgeted strength on the Heart of Rage. I hear that HoR is the best, and the heroic version is the best along with a Heroic Apparatus, but I just don't know. The reason I don't like HoR is because I have an insane amount of expertise anyway. While I could reforge for other things, I'm still going to end up with too much crit and not enough mastery (thus not maximizing the Apparatus). The only time I could see it happening, is if I used the FL rep trinket and Apparatus. But I'd lose out on more raw strength, and then the ratings/strength from HoR, in-addition to having to click or macro yet another button. Anyone have any thoughts? I'll survive regardless, but I always feel like I can improve. I am lazy about my professions too, but that's going to be remedied. MOAR DPS. When I'm all lit up, I use the Apparatus anyway, because crits fun. It's just not optimizing what is best for my class. I'd like it to start using mastery, but not at the expense of sustained dps from my raw strength trinkets. Thanks to any and all.Castleguard0 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 Holy: Haste vs Mastery vs Crit We all know, that its Int>>Spirit>>everything else. But what about these three guys? I personally think haste just can't be beat, the reaction time and the throughput it gives cannot be rivaled by the the other stats, it also scales with beacon where mastery doesn't. However most people say that mastery>crit. I think people forget the fact that the value of crit scales from haste due to more casts = more chances to crit = even more casts (holy shock on holy light divine light crit/divine light holy light hasted cast on holy shock crit) There is also Increased holy power generation from this effect as well (extra holy shocks(and sequentially more wog procs)). Granted its rng based but the buffs are up for a significant amount of time and are rarely wasted by a good paladin. The point I am trying to make is that crit = a certain value of haste and holy power generation and I want to make sure this is being correctly modeled before consigning crit to the worst stat to have as a holy paladin. In 4.2 I shoot for pieces of gear that have crit over mastery, and god forbid I have a crit mastery plate healing piece, I would be reforging the mastery to spirit over the crit becuase those procs have been and will continue to be life-savers in an actual raid situation (especially 10m where most of your casts are single target).Unhope14 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 28, 2011 Prot Heals While leveling my heals were nice. One flash of light could heal half my health. A crit full health. But at 85 with 150K health my heals are terrible. Flash of light only heals for 10K and I can only get off 4 casts before Im out of mana. Im not very happy about this. I know Im not a healer but this just plain sucks. Its not even worth casting. When I pvp and Im being attacked I dont even bother using it cause by the time I get it off Ive taken more damage than it heals. Seal of insight heals better than flash of light so I just keep swinging till Im dead or out of combat. I had alot of fun leveling my prot pally. Doing BG with 30 killing blows and 0 deaths was amazing. But the heals at 85 is terrible and Im actually thinking about PVPing in healing gear. I know I get SP from STR but I cant help but feeling I would be better with healing gear. All my moves are mana dependent. And almost all my damage is holy damage. Shield of righteous, consecration, holy wrath, hammer of wrath, judgements, ret aura. All that stuff does holy damage which scales with SP. If all my abilities are mana and SP dependent why not INT? STR only increases white damage and thats only a small portion of my overall damage. INT increases my mana pool, my SP, my SP crit, my heals, and my holy damage. So my white damage goes down big deal everything else goes up including my survivability due to larger mana pool and more effective healing. I know Im asking to be flamed suggesting INT for prot but I just thought I would throw it out there and get some feedback. It makes sense to me. I like my pally but I dont like the heals. Its either this or roll a DK for better self healing.Tufguy21 Nov 28, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Abilitys Restrictions on Arenas or Rbg Hi, my pallys only 77 but i know that some abilitys cant be use on arenas and sooo wtf why Blizz let a player use this on random Bgs and in arena they cant and this player is use to use this then in arena he have to learn another way to play, Pfff remove all this from the game It doest meke sence to have something sometimes garbage! all this things need to be remove I know they can come with new better ideas than this, even profesions like eng suffer from this Blizz mistakes and how they fix it restrictions it sucks. I want to see these things gone and give players things that dont need to be put on the bench cause they mess up the order like Burger King, remove all this make pallys have all their abilitys and take all restictions away we want to enjoy all.Pipemachete4 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Paladin tank help I just got back to my paladin tank i got my gear recovered from pre 4.2 and did a za it was the mobs before nalorakk and had a disc priest healing me ive been using WoG on cd holy shield on cd rotating my mirror of broken images if i see magic damage Guardian vial of stolen memories divine protection and ardent defender but i die twice on that trash and ask the healer if im really that squishy and he tells me yes so i just know this is gonna go on for the rest of the instance save everyone the trouble and leave my question is what im doing wrong? is there some talent or cd im overlooking is my reforging wrong(it was 4.1 based and i think masterys supposed to still be good) any help on this would be great edit:using LoH too when i get low just forgot to put it in this postUlther6 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Ret gear question http://www.wowhead.com/item=60415/vicious-gladiators-scaled-helm or http://www.wowhead.com/item=69614 ty! * for pveLsahh3 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Does it get better?(long) I know I'm a peon right now..but I've been leveling a lot of characters recently. Doing a lot of pvp on all of them to level with. With this guy, I've been doing instances. Tonight I decided to try out some pvp. I notice we have no slow of any kind. We have two stuns, which are OK. Long CDs suck. There's no gap closer so that's what my stun is for I guess. There are things to increase speed..but there's a lot that limits max speed right? I find that if I can get on someone I usually kill them. Unless they have a trinket and can break out of the stun, or if they're a hunter and disengage..or a rogue and vanish..or a druid and root...so there's a lot that can get away from me. So I could go on for awhile..long story short. I find I do the most good for my team in pvp healing. And I can't heal as ret..so that makes me holy I guess. Does it get better as you level or for random BGs will this continue to be something I'll see...I can only imagine resilience interferring with my burst.....that's got to suck. What's with templars verdict hitting for next to nothing? It takes 15 seconds to setup..it should hit like a truck. WoG doesn't heal for much to anything either... Does it get better or should I get used to healing or being prot in pvp? I'm not new to paladin..I just haven't played one since BC so some has changed and a lot of the old frustrating things are still there. I know I'm a peon and only lvl 38..but I'd like some opinions so I can prepare myself.Ahordepally6 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Reforging into Crit or Spirit I never have Mana problems (unless I'm getting burned) so I'm thinking of reforging to 20% crit. Just seeing what other Arena/RBG pallys are doing. :)Livedeath3 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Pally tanks plzzzz help I dont have the greatest gear, but i think im ok. Why do healers say im squishy and i take too much damage. What am i doing wrong. Any tips would help thank you Anobumcover5 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Considering switching to Holy/Holy Never healed pvp or pve once in this game and I feel it would be a nice change of pace (plus holy pallies always looked really cool, armor and weapon speaking of course) since ret is lolno this expansion. How hard should I expect this to be? Do you holy paladins consider it to be fun?Arixyle5 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Best rotation for a lvl 50 Retro Pally I am playing a Retro Pally but my DPS isn't all that hot or so I've been told. :-) What is the best rotation for this lvl and as I get higher. Please keep it in simple terms as I am not really all that versed in terms. Thank you.Xlive0 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Dwarf or Human? I recently leveld a dwarf holy paladin to 26, but whenever I watch good pvp videos the holy paladin is human. Should I just level a human instead of a dwarf? Or does it matter? Thanks.Certalux12 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 If you like ret paladins watch this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpP8iuNPvL0 ret paladin PVP video battlegrounds and world pvp only :)Fawmaw8 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Retadin's Holy Power. I made this Paladin back in early Wrath of the Lich King, if I remember correctly, and I remember the glory days of being a retadin and being able to take on 4 people at once, and just /loling in their face. Of course, that was when we were beyond overpowered, and no class should be that OP, but I was just curious. What are your all's opinions about Holy Power? Is it good, is it bad, should it be removed, or redesigned completely? My personal opinion is this: Retadins: I can't stand holy power as ret. I completely and utterly hate it. It's very dull to play with, boring, and rotations are just completely bland. Especially in PvP I hate it, cause it takes a bit to charge up our holy power, and if we miss with Crusader Strike, we don't get the charge, and Divine Storm? Retadin's beloved Paladin spell, that is just the REASON we go ret? It's never used, I talk to current Retadins, and they laugh at even the idea of it being on someone's bars. I personally cannot stand Holy Power, at all. I miss using Divine Storm as my primary melee move, and I miss my rotations being funner. I think it should be redesigned for Retribution. Holy: I am mainly a holy Paladin for raiding, and dungeons, and I enjoy holy power as healing, it's quite fun, and really never dull, but I do wish there was more to it, then just doing a Holy Shock, doing a Flash of Light, or Divine Light to get up to three charges, then either using Word of Glory, or using Dawn of Light and missing probably half the heals you're attempting to land. (Haha). I personally wish that it was like a back up system, for emergencies, where we can store it, and use it for uh-oh moments, or so we can just build it up and it doesn't vanish, or something along the lines of that, but we'll see in the future of WoW. Protection: I personally only play Protection to sometimes get the Satchel of Exotic Mysteries from Heroics, or Normal dungeons when they're up, or to get Valor Capped for the week very quickly, but my experience with Protection is this. It's very boring, and bland, I believe it is a result of Holy Power. I also miss Concestration being one of our main aggro keeping moves, it's most likely one of Prot's most beloved spells, and you rarely see a protadin use it, I don't usually ever use it. I like the idea of Hammer being our main aggro keeping move for multiple targets, but it just gets boring, and there's nothing interesting playing one, you just get so bored of tanking as it, you just want to sit there, stare at your computer, and wonder. How can anyone do this in raids? I believe it should be redisigned for Protection. I just want to state, that. All of these are my personal opinions and experiences playing all three specs as a Paladin, and I know that not everyone's opinions are the same, and some people might enjoy Holy Power, but I just want to know and read about other people's opinions about it. So I ask again: Is it good, is it bad, should it be removed, or redesigned completely?Holyudders2 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Ret Pve Seal? Hi, I asked this in another thread, but got the basic "sticky" response from people. So i figured i must have missed it and checked them again and again, but found nothing. Back in wrath a ret would use two seals, seal of vengeance for single target, and seal of command for aoe trash. Is it the same now, like should i be using seal of truth for boss mobs and maybe seal of righteousness for trash aoe?? Should i have any other seal on my bar, besides seal of truth? On a side note, the rotation for ret in the stickys was meant for raiding, does it change for dungeons at all? BTW: YES, i know my enchants and gems need work, and maybe i need to change my reforges. Don't bother telling me this, i already know, i just havent gotten around to changing them yet.Kelmach8 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Paladin or Shaman? Title says it all; I'm a fan of both Ret and Enhancement in PvP(which is my main focus), but I've heard they both suck outside of a niche role. I like healing on both of them, and have done so before(test realm ftw). I've also got all the Paladin heirlooms save for the Pristine Lightforge Spaulders if I do decide to go Holy, and if I rolled a shaman I'd have to farm JP/Honor for those.Shadelól4 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 WHY Blizzard with the DRESSES you give us ? Has anyone see the 4.3PTR paladin pvp gear? its look like a dress -___- http://wow.joystiq.com/photos/patch-4-3-ptr-season-11-pvp-sets/#4485905Ezkieo42 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Panda Paladins Love it? Hate it? Discuss. In my opinion, it would be awesome....but I know there are those who don't like the idea of Pandas at all.Delord11 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Realistic buffs you'd like to see If you could make some realistic buffs to Paladins, what would you make? Mine: 1. Divine Storm now generates a charge of Holy Power if it hits 2 or more targets, down from 4. 2. Arcane and Nature magic are now included in Resistance Aura. 3. Aura Mastery's cooldown has been reduced to 1.5 minutes, down from 2 minutes. Glyph of Aura Mastery has been added to the game, which reduces its cooldown by 45 seconds and its duration by 3 seconds. These are things that you would LIKE to see, not necessarily what you think we need. So how about you guys?Rahhwasz26 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 PALADIN So I'm moving my dwarf pally to the horde for !@#$s and giggles. My question is, tauren or belf, this guy isn't capped, I'm not looking for some special ability awesomeness, and chances are my mind is already made up. Still I would like to see what other people think and why.Credima16 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 the 4.3 holy paladin Anyone consider the effeciancy of stacking spirit and mastery for raid healing? I am really curious about the effects of dropping two or three holy radiances on a stacked group.are all 3 radiances going to be putting up shields on top of any light of dawns cast on that group??Hammerzilla13 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Epicdins! I have a lvl 77 palidan, ret and protect, and i just did somthing epic! The quest, Agianst The Giants, the one where you have to kill the 82 elite giants, i soloed it. Palidans are Epicdans! What is your best Epicdin moment? Easton7 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Request for new passive in 5.0 Can we please have a passive to reduce cast time of hearth stone by 5secs. Just for pallies? Ktnx.Bubblerap4 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Our hair can't be nerfed Actually I should be more specific, our /hairflip cannot be nerfed.Fishingstv1 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 4.3 pvp gear Is it pointless to purchase current pvp gear via honor with 4.3 right around the corner? While I'm fully aware of the blue crafted set going to be available, I cannot seem to find any rings/trinks/relics or neck pieces being added.Serbruz4 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 So... leveling spec? Hey guys! I've been playing a rogue for quite a bit (about 3 years)... and this is my 2nd character ever, basically I was thinking of rolling me a tank/healer for the CTA rewards after my brother got the headless horseman mount off of 1 bag. I was thinking druid, but I really despise the bear animations and since this is just going to be an alt might aswell make the best of it. Just wondering what is the reccomended spec for leveling? I havent bought the boas cause well... farming justice points takes forever as a pure and I'm stocking up on chant mats with honor on my rogue. I really dont want to go ret, and a good friend told me holy (exo spec) is a good way to lvl up... Also heard LFD is great to like 65... (after going for loremaster don't really want to quest anymore lol). Sorry for the wall o text. TL;DR: what spec to level up with?Bisteces3 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Pally tanks plzzzz help I dont have the greatest gear, but i think im ok. Why do healers say im squishy and i take too much damage. What am i doing wrong. Any tips would help thankAnobumcover3 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Is Arms warrior and Ret viable for 2v2? My current partner who is a rogue isn't as comforable as playing his arms warrior. He is pretty awesome playing his warrior. So the question is... is it viable to get high rating with Arms warrior? I'm still getting used to arena matches especially against those who can make my wings disappear. I'm enjoying 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5. Best of all my guildies love to play even though we are not best at it.Fluenz4 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Holy arena in MoP Looking at the talent trees, Holy is looking pretty damn good right about now for arena. Our CC chains are about to be insane with Repentance, HoJ, and the new ability Blinding Light (aoe disorient). We'll have mobility with the first talent tier and with Freedom not being dispelled most of the time (dispels on a long CD) and we'll have some nice damage mitigation with Holy Wrath preventing enemy crits for 6 seconds. I'm pretty stoked for this expansion, what about you guys?Rahhwasz5 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 27, 2011 Ret blooowwsss SO i tried ret on my pally and die and do no damage....what am i doing wrong....Bmblebee12 Nov 27, 2011
Nov 26, 2011 Doub between Paly and War for PvP, help me =) So guys I wanna to start over on another Realm, but I can't decide between theses classes for PvP(randon BG, Arena, World PvP, etc...) The Arms Warrior and the Retri Paladin, what of this you advice me to choice?Krustofski7 Nov 26, 2011
Nov 26, 2011 Burden of Guilt (Paladin snare) "Your judgment hits fill your target with doubt and remorse, reducing movement speed by 50% for 12 seconds" Thoughts?Rakatee26 Nov 26, 2011
Nov 26, 2011 Ret rotation is annoying Hey guys, so I have been playing a paladin for about 7 years now and have predominatly been ret. This particular expansion however I really feel like they took all the golden glory out of the spec and replaced it with complicated rotations, buffs you have to keep up all the time to do good dps (lame), and a weird feeling 3 combo point system. I realise that the class has come a long way and I love playing prot as well as holy. Ret however, I duno maybie im just a fan of the simple but it feels to weird right now to play it. I envision hammers and smashing...not charge up for a dmg buff then try to do some moves wile its up, isnt that why they got rid of the rogue version?Empyrion11 Nov 26, 2011
Nov 26, 2011 Auras Cut from Paladins for MoP, plus more Let me first preface this by reminding people that the indicated changes through MoP are not final, and while I feel speculation and debate is warranted please don't get too invested in what's occuring here, especially this early in development. If you look at the newly release MoP talent trees, paladins lack any auras, at all. Almost all of them have been folded into passive abilities or just gone completely. For example, "Aura Mastery" just does what it does when you have Concentration aura innately, in addition to providing a "magic raid wall" for frost, fire, and shadow damage. This is not the only changes I'm seeing so far, if you look in the holy tree you'll see daybreak is gone, which baffles me, auras I can sorta understand but isn't daybreak a huge component in our spell interaction? Also on the subject of holy paladins, we don't have exorcism anymore, now instead we have a spammable holy wrath exclusive to our spec that provides the denounce debuff in place of its old stun effect. Any other observations you can find by looking through this?Diatenium15 Nov 26, 2011