Paladin

Feb 17, 2012 Ret teams vs Jungle Cleave Feels like this is the only team that is consistently hard to beat...mainly when I'm focused, which is 95% of the time. Feral and Hunter damage on plate seems pretty ridiculous, even with 4800 resilience...Lawlbringer2 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 CTC Capped? Was in org, wanted to check my CTC. In no party, i put on Kings, ate some Mushroom Sauce Mudfish and drank Elixir of the Master putting my CTC at 101.97. Is it safe to say in a raid environment that i am at the cap and can start stacking mitigation or stamina? Rhydun3 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 4.3.2 HOLY NERF Paladin (Forums / Talent Calculator) Tier 13 Item - Paladin T13 Holy 4P Bonus (Holy Radiance) now increases healing done by Holy Radiance by 5%, down from 20%. Holy Radiance now costs 40% of base mana, up from 35% Wow....... Why don't you just remove Holy Radiance all together now? First, you changed it to a target cast spell and removed the speed increase buff. Now you have made Paladin T13 4 set bonus, completely crap by reducing the amount it heals AND increasing the cost of mana. Casting Holy Rad as it stands is already costly on mana, whats next? Increase cast time? Remove the holy power gen?Ulix37 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Ok it's time. I'm very happy with some of the MOP changes with warriors...and I'm sure I'll be playing this guy in the expansion as an ALT. I'm a bit worried about the direction of Ret paladins now though. I really think it's time to give ret paladins a snare that is NOT a choice bewteen 2 other talents, just given for free in the spec. Every melee has a snare now, and Ret still have no snare/MS/Gap Closer. Oppose12 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 New "Speed of Light" - MoP Talent I'm a bit confused about the lvl 15 talent "Speed of Light" as presented in the MoP talent tree. Today, this talent give us a 3% spell haste plus when we cast "Divine Protection" a 60% speed buff for 4 seconds. The new talent gives a 70% speed increase for 8 seconds on a 60 second CD. Isn't this considered a nerf? I have not seen anywhere else a recovery of the loss of 3% spell haste plus now i have another CD to manage as it is no longer integrated with "Divine Protection" Maybe i'm missing something................somewhere.......Århus18 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Hpallys are going to be in the FoTM 3s comp In MoP. It's true. I bet nobody can guess the comp. :]Dingoprod6 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Blessing of Might change. I like the mastery buff but where are the old stats going to come from?Gamby8 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 quick question for all you pally pvprs Hey, recently made a paladin and I absolutely love the prot spec. I have 4x 85s and enjoy.it as much as my sp. Either way I plan on running prot pve but was curious as to whether or not prot pvp is viable in any arena setting. Also I would appreciate a sample spec if anyone can spare the time to help me out.Wreckedd1 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Thoughts on gear? What am I missing?Akaspookie3 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Looking for some advice I was just wondering if someone could take a look at my gear and see if I'm gemming/reforging correctly. I know I'm wearing dps shoulders, but the ones from HoT won't seem to drop for me.Nec1 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 FOLLOW @BLACKWINGSBANE!!! The End is Near. Follow Me @BlackwingsBane Dreamspeak0 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Gem Question This might be a dumb question but I at least want to give people the illusion that I'm not a baddie... With the gem slots on this Breastplate of Sorrow which gems should I be using? (For clarification and potential trolls: Yes, this is for a Ret spec.)Dragonette2 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Critters exist so that we may Judge them Critters are best used to be judged so that we can gain the benefit of Long Arm of the Law and also build one HP with our Retribution T13 Bonus. in MoP Judgement givng one HP will baseline for Retribution.Alnair8 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Looking for some advice on heaLing as holy Hello all. First off hi have read the stickie and the forums at eitestjerks.com I know I have two dps trinkets which i am looking to change ASAP. Iam having some trouble healing in the new dungeons I can't seem to heal fast enough. I start out with beacon on tank and heal as needed with holy light and divine light. It seem my heals don't pack enough of a punch to keep people up. Another question I have is , is holy radiance a big aoe heal Any help will be awesome and I will change to get better Thank you jzee P.s. I I know I'm missings enchants and gems I will fix that as I get some better gearJzee5 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Ledger of Revolting Rituals Good for holy pallys? No one in my raid group wanted them and so, since the shield from warmaster never seems to drop from normal nor LFR.. I decided to just grab them. Looks like a big upgrade for me even though it doesn't have armor on it. -ThanksDjmark2 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Potential Mana problems with Ret in MOP First off, I really like the direction that Ret seems to be heading in MoP, but I wanted to bring this up early. If I understand the changes to mana and regen mechanics in MoP correctly, then the only regen Ret gets in combat is from the Sword of Light passive which gives us a fixed amount of mana over time (currently 5% every 2 seconds). Now I know that the numbers will be balanced so that we can run a standard rotation without going OOM, but the potential problem I see is that as Ret's rotation speeds up from haste due to Sanctity of Battle, mana expenditures will increase by the same percentage without mana regeneration increasing in any way. Of course the plan might be that the baseline regen is so high that this is never a problem but, from Blizzard's track record, I believe that they'll want mana to matter to us and balance it pretty closely. The other mechanic I see in place right now is to Seal Swap to Insight during long fights, though I anticipate that being a hassle and potential DPS loss as we struggle to keep censure up and repay the costs of Seal Swapping through Insight procs. Am I missing something here (other than lol it's still in alpha)Cayenne15 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 prot reforge confusion, combat table fail I'm been upgrading my gear with LFR Dragon Soul pieces and somehow I can no longer reach the 102.4 combat table coverage. As far as I can tell this is almost entirely due to my mastery dropping. I've spent a fair amount of gold and time reforging trying to figure out how I managed to "upgrade" my gear yet fall below the cap and I'm stumped and assuming I'm just missing something obvious. My default dodge is is roughly 3% below parry since I'm assuming 100% uptime on Resolve of Undying (780 dodge rating at a stack of 10). I'm using the Mirror of Broken Images because without that Mastery I fall even further behind and Soulshifter Vortex, etc. don't have 100% uptime. I could go back to my 378 Immolation set pieces, but I would rather figure out what I'm doing wrong. The shoulders, hands, and legs of the Radiant Glory pieces have no Mastery on them! Note that I do have all the tanking DS trinkets as well as Souldrinker. I have a crappy shield because I have never seen it in either LFR DS or the heroic 5-man. I'm still waiting on a DS chest drop too. In case my calculating method is wrong, the macro I'm using is... /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5)) Dlish9 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Zealotry disappearing in MoP? Looks like it to me. The way our talent tree is designed it would seem Holy Avenger replaces it, which I'm completely fine with. Now if only they changed how Inquisition works. I'd bet better if it were like the judgement effect of the ol' Seal of the Crusader. I miss it from vanilla/bc.Ðexter2 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 MoP: We get to drop HAMMERS from the SKY FOR THE EMPRAH!Sigmar31 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Prot Gear Question I've been wearing Chestplate of the Unshakable Titan and got the tier chest - Chestguard of Radiant Glory last night. While they are both iLevel 397, the tier seems like a VERY clear upgrade to me. By replacing dodge with mastery as well as giving a 3rd gem slot, I'll be able to drop more avoidance gems for stamina gems, and/or easily drop my second mastery trinket for a stam trinket. It just seems odd to me that the tier piece would be such a big upgrade over the valor piece. I actually thought the valor pieces were supposed to be slightly better to compensate for the tier's set bonuses. Am I missing something here?Biggby10 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Heroic Yor'sahj question Do any of the Prot absorbs trigger Deep Corruption from the purple ooze? Effectively - do I need to worry about that mechanic as the tank? I understand that WoG and LoH do not trigger it.Mootastic4 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 17, 2012 Looking for something to match. Hey, I am looking for a belt and shoe's to match this set. If anyone has any idea's would be great! http://i.imgur.com/ioudw.jpg Minxymvp0 Feb 17, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Question About MoP SotR... The new talent says "...blocking the next attack against you..." Does this mean you can spam SotR every time you have 1 HoPo for almost 100% block uptime?Athanatos3 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 MoP talent changes http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#b! We've gotten a few changes to our talent calculator for MoP posted today! Unless Im just behind. What do you guys think? Im all about Holy and I am deftly excited about Holy Prism! Though Execution Sentence sounds just as amazing. ... Reading that shows not only is it a potentially good heal to boost our aoe healing but it would also be utilized by all 3 specs. It would easily be a threat booster for Prot. For dps Im not exactly sure how it will do. If Ret wanted to utilize it as an aoe skill they would have to cast the prism on themselves. I figure it would be a dps loss if they have to unclick their target in order to cast the prism on themselves unless its done before each pull as an opener of sorts. Otherwise it'll probably be a good replacement of Holy wrath in our rotation or at least an additional skill for our rotation that could help that occasional downtime we experience. ... As of right now is sounds interesting but it list no percentages or numbers on what kind of damage it would produce or healing. I imagine they are still working on the numbers. For Ret depending on the scaling this will probably be a better choice over Holy Prism. Sounds like at 90 Holy is going to be choosing between another aoe heal or an HoT. Going to be a hard choice!Kharymira13 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Hey im Angel And I'm a certified Holy Pally, How are you???Angelsdecent16 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 MoP Holy Spec I'm feelin' 15 - Long Arm of the Law 30 - Repentance 45 - Sacred Shield 60 - Clemency 75 - Sanctified Wrath 90 - Execution Sentence This is for 3s btw. Post what you guys are planning to use Paladin MoP Talent Calculator: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#b!Dingoprod8 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Casual PvPer thinking about Arena Help!(holy) Currently attaining some gear before I start doing 3's with some guildies, this will probably never be a high ranking team, and it will purely be for fun. That being said, I am a little confused about my trinket selection, currently using proc SP trink and spirit insignia, but I feel that my resil is a little low, but if I take away my spirit trinkit, I fall below 2k spirit, which I do not feel comfortable doing. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated (Yes, I know I am missing optimal enchants and my spec is currently more geared towards PvE that will change)Mordichi2 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Premature MoP Talent Discussion Fun edit: obviously the original post is irrelevant due to the MoP Talent Update that just came out, but please let's discuss the new Talents!! I was looking at the current provisional Talent Calculator for MoP and in particular at the lvl60 fourth tier of talents (all healing talents): *Selfless Healer: Judgements decrease mana cost and increase effectiveness of Flash of light *Eternal Glory: WoG and LoD have a 30% chance to refund the HP cost *Holy Shield: HP can be used to make a shield I was thinking surely this will be theory cafted to ground once we have reliable numbers to theory craft with. my expectation is this: assuming these talents are not changed (though they most likely will be), there will virtually never be a reason to take Holy Shield as it equals a zero-sum increase in healing unless perhaps the shield is meant to replace the healing of Word of Glory. Eternal glory on the other hand is guaranteed to either be an increase in healing or a decrease in mana usage, either way it's a benefit. However it looks like Selfless healer could be so OP that the numbers demand all Holy paladins to take it and cast Judge on cooldown and always use the mana-free-double-impact Flash of light every 12 seconds; or it will be nerfed to irrelevance. i don't know how they could balance these three talents. the first offers control and burst at the cost of global cooldowns, the second is entirely dependents on RNG and offers very little control; and the third is rather useless unless the shield is strong enough to actually replace word of glory at all times. what do you guys think :)Alnair23 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Holy Radiance Cast Delay I cast Holy Light I get it right away. I cast Divine Light I get it right away. I cast Light of Dawn I get it right away (yeah I know its instant). I cast Holy Radiance and frequently, although not all the time, I get nothing. I spam the button and then eventually I get the cast bar. Is anybody else seeing this?Worthit7 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Ret PVP Hit Cap? Should I just reforge all of my stuff into mastery and crit? Then get all then strength gems and have 20 expertise? or should i hit cap to 5 percent?Wítcher6 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Ret Paladin Rotation change? Does judgements priority change with the t13 2set? more holy power = more TV's in the long runHuzadannik5 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Irritated with chain misses...and confusion I'll start out by saying this is just a 5-man toon. So, I'd like to tank heroics/Hour of Twilight 5-mans, but have had regular problems with critical abilities missing in regulars. Not like once or twice, but sometimes 3x. What am I missing? Have I misapplied talents/gems/glyphs? Everything I read says keep stacking mastery > dodge/parry until CTC cap...but I'm really tempted to look at hit & expertise. It's not that I can't taunt if the misses cause me to loose aggro to DPS, but what kind of liability is this in the higher difficulty 5-mans? Anything I can do to reduce miss chance before capping CTC? Or am I just overthinking the whole issue? Thanks in advance.Taedras3 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 having trouble healing... I just transferred my paladin to my main realm because i wanted to play her a bit more, I tried finding her on armory from her old realm but its already gone and the new one isn't showing up yet, i'll try to name off her items though Helm - Stormforged Helm - 333 - Reforged Mastery > Spirt Neck - Pendant of Elemental Balance - 333 - Reforged Mastery > Haste Shoulder - Twilight-Heart Shoulderplates - 333 - Reforged Crit > Spirit Cloak - Azureborne Cloak - 333 - Reforged Crit > Haste Chest - Immolation Breastplate - 378 - Reforged Crit > Haste - Purified Demonseye x2 Bracers - Bracers of Imperious Truths - 378 - Reforged Crit > Haste Gloves - Fallen Brotherhood Gauntlets - 325 Belt - Light Elementium Belt - 359 - Reforged Mastery > Haste - Reckless Ember Topaz Purified Demonseye Legs - Legguards of Noon - 346 - Reforged Crit > Haste - 55 Intellect 45 Spirit Drystone Greaves - 333 Ring 1 - Ammunae's Blessing - 333 - Reforged Mastery > Haste Ring 2 - Ring of the Frozen Rain - 346 - Reforged Crit > Haste Trinket 1 - Rainsong - 316 Trinket 2 Tear of Blood - 346 I tried to do one heroic and couldn't heal trash. Pretty sure it's me doing something wrong. Any tips would be appreciated. I use Reforgelite for my reforges (it is very accurate on my other character) How should I go about gearing her up? I don't have the gold to spend on her to buy gear or expensive enchants / gems. Aikaiya12 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Rate my gear/stats please Hello, first I would like to mention that I literally only do pally healing. In that aspect I do know Holy paladins decently. My question is if there are any critiques on my gear (other then get all 397 because I'm always working on that :) ) I did my first DS 10 last night and we did 4/8 with one wipe on the 2nd boss (warlord Zon'ozz) but came back and one shotted the rest. It was a success imo. Please let me know of suggestions and comments on my gear/talents. Thanks in advance.Boskey4 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Need some dps help I just started playing about 4 months ago so I'm pretty new to the game, so please help me out a little with my dps rotations. So my guild and I downed deathwing last week and I got the 403 gurth from it, and when we went in this week I noticed that my dps is lower than what I've expected. My rotation pretty much follows that on that forum: (I keep Inq at a 80~90% up time) Inq > CS (0~2 hp) > TV (3hopo) > HoW > Exo > Judge > Holy Wrath >... And my dps on bosses (normal version) are as follows: (numbers depending on whether I get to pop my cds during Hero/Time Wrap/blood lust) Morchok: 29~32k Warlord Zon'ozz: 49~51k Yor'sahj the unsleeping: 25k~30k Hagara: 30k Ultraxion: 30~35k Blackhorn: 25k Spine: 22k overall (can't see how I did on burst phases) Madness: 45k~48k I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but since an arms warrior in my guild does 54k on madness with 390 gurth, I'm pretty sure I did something terribly wrong here. Can anyone help me with my dps? =/Mækir10 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Ret PvP clunkiness at low level. Note: I should be showing up as 49 and with a couple different gear upgrades, but I guess armoury takes a bit to update. The title gives most of it away, but does Ret PvP get less clunky as the levels grow higher? I feel so * slow* whenever I'm on my paladin. Compared to when I was leveling my warrior, rogue, shaman, and druid through the brackets. I knew what to keep dealing the damage with after I opened up. Now, its more of "I hope this person I randomly clip is totally confused for a moment while I wait for crusader strike to come of cd or tAoW to proc." Granted however, is that a single clip crit is sometimes all I need to one shot somebody with my amount of BoA's. It's simply the fights with healers or multiple people. I can't peg them down fast enough unless I get a lucky proc or Divine purpose proc. Does ret PvP really revolve that much around wings and HoW spam? Even after the patch?Coporalcow1 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Question about focus macros. I recently attempted to set up a focus Repentance and HoJ macro to no avail. I've scoured the forums and videos to see how others are doing it and set mine up the exact same way. I have double, triple, checked them time and time again. The macro will only Repent/HoJ my target and not my focus target. If anyone out there has some experience with this I would love a solution to my problem. Thanks in advance for the help.Rentel10 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 Mop Ret changes How do you feel Some of the changes are nice very nice actually ,then there always the annoying changes . Some spells them selves have some nice changes Exo-instant cast Jud - 4% physical damage increase GoAK- Reduced to 3mins HoW- Generates hp Then we have a couple new spells that are sweet Boundless conviction - Store up to 2 Hp over the max of 3 Any of the LVL90) talents are nice - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#bb! Blinding light - blinds enemies for 6 secs Then the annoying We still have to use HP =D Divine storm - 3hp to use lvl15,30,75) talent trees, We own 2 outta the 3 that we choose from already..I really hate to have to choose Between Zealotry or Divine purpose The Hammer of the righteous and Divine storm are annoying to me because youll have 2 completely different rotations plus seal swapping for trash ugh Before all you had was Divine storm taking place of CS and same rotation, now you gotta use Hammer of the righteous over CS to build 3hp to use Divine storm over TV on multi targets blah.............not to mention having to seal swap depending on the amount of targets per pull ... Over all I like allot of the changes , well have to see how this plays out ... Justicär10 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 So I'm going to Dragonsoul tonight.... Tips as far as a good dps rotation? I did download FCFS... but I'm not too keen on it, probably because I'm not using it right. Paladin community! HALPBragerminor2 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 MoP- Prot CS and HotR really 4.5 sec CD? Ret gets both a Holy Power generating Judgement AND a potentially faster CS, while Prot get a (newly) slowed CS/HotR? Am I missing something? Well... That's upsetting. Talk about completely ruining our rotation even further.Casanunda7 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 16, 2012 The sky is falling Yes, there really are hammers falling from the sky.Stafoo2 Feb 16, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Holy Insight/Boundless Conviction Blizz, words cannot express how much I <3 you right now... I think I might be tearing up... :'DPandademic0 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Life after CTC Cap Help? So I have just began my life as a tank but have been wondering something. Now that Im CTC capped while in raid, I want to lean more toward now keeping CTC while improving my health pool. We already have begun hardmodes and such. Right now with my current gear I can raid with my group, use a Stam flask and still be CTC, but my question is, how do I go about figuring if I can start gemming away from my avoidance/migitation to stam while maintaining CTC? I know theres Chardev, I use Reforelite and all, but am I going to need to just start messing with gems and just paying for it each time? Not that gold is an issue or anything, just wondered if the pros out there knew something I didn't.Rijiac3 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Cooldowns for 1tanking Madness? How's it done? Asking for an old friend that just got back into WoW again and will be tanking for me. I know with 2 tanks: 1st Platform - Dream 2nd Platform - Bubble 3rd Platform - BoP 4th Platform - Bubble But how do you pros do it 1-tanking with a paly? Does nothing change because there will only be 1 impale per platform with 1tank? We 1-tanked it with a DK, and we actually got 2 impales on 4th platform, this is why I ask. Thanks in advance. -QuelQuelthanas9 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Boundless Conviction (MoP) Take a look at any spec under the paladin class abilities. We gained an ability called Boundless Conviction, where we can store up to 5 total HP, but any HP using ability will only ever use 3 HP total. What are your thoughts? It's basically an extension to our Holy Power bar. Edit: It's earned at level 85Maeltum14 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Mastery Hey guys, I was just wondering if I should be sacrificing socket bonuses for pure mastery gems. When is the extra mastery worth the loss of the bonus?Nec2 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Next valor purchase? Uhhh. relic, cloak? I'd prefer to buy a BiS taken into account that I will be raiding whenever my new desktop gets here, and wouldn't want to buy anything that will be a waste of valor. What would my fellow paladins propose for a protection paladin?Entensity7 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Holy regen: Human Spirit or Arcane Torrent Which of the two mana regen racials provides the better mana regen to holy paladins? Human Spirit (Human) or Arcane Torrent (Blood Elf)Alnair7 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 Nerf to mobility in MoP So after checking the new talent update we seem to have now lost Acts of Sacrifice and gained no gap closer, any other rets getting a bit worried?Scripture18 Feb 15, 2012
Feb 15, 2012 T13 Styles (Upon Styles) Hello, everyone. Between my quest to obtain my two favorite armor sets (T2 and T13) I've come across a bit of a problem. I have found a perfect cape for my T2 transmog set (Recovered Scarlet Onslaught Cape), but I've yet to find one for the t13 set! Let's be honest, the VP cape for Ret Paladins simply looks no good, so I'm calling out for assistance from my fellow Paladins. What capes have you found that look real good, if not perfect, with the T13 armor set?Auno5 Feb 15, 2012