Paladin

Jan 21, 2012 RET CLC questions? Ive been using this addon for a couple days now and I now have my 2pc t13 and was wondering if I need to change something in the addon for the new priority rotation?, since it changes a little bit with the 2pc t13? Or if it automatically can detect the change in set bonuses that would be great but I dont think it is, also it seems to have HoW way to high up on the priority list since it got nerfed soo much. thanks in advancedØptimus6 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 prot pally seeking advice hey all. i was hoping someone could check out my armory and let me know if im doing anything wrong gear/spec/gem/reforge-wise i know i need to update the majority of my gear, but i want to be sure im doing the best i can with what i have currently. Looloo2 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Am i geared? Enough for raid finder dragon soul. My item lvl says i can get in it but im not 100% sure. and i dont wana cause whipes over stupid reasons. then again i probly will over not knowthing the fights anyways. but thats how we learn lolVarindran4 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Holy PvP Trinket Recently started playing and gearing my Holy Paladin again, and I just have the trinkets left; So my question is What is the current BiS trinkets for Holy Paladins in PvP~? PvE (non heroic) included as well.Streamline1 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Paladin Talent examples Hi, I started another post but it was a bust. All I need is some talent suggestions for Holy, Protect and Ret builds. Can anyone supply those examples? ChastainChastain6 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Holy Radiance question I don't fully understand Holy Radiance. I should spam HR on different people in the same stacking position in order to maximize heals? Spamming HR on the same target = less heal output? How long should I wait to cast the next HR spell? Less than 1 second? Or after 1 second, or wait till the HR ticks are gone?Inaudax4 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 ret / rogue 1800's 2's Ok have a 2's team with my dk and a solid arena player rogue friend. we got to 1800 as blood/rogue but switch to frost and undead and the bottom fell out of the team. we went froim ebing 51 -20 to now we lose 2 for every 1 we win. problem is non blood dk just gets steamrolled and rogue can only offer so much protection. He suggested ret for me. Thois seems to me to be the same problem i had with frost dk except the bubble. Do rets have surviveability after bubble/ ty in advanceConstantinne4 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Holy pallies in PvP... Lol. Balance at it's finest.Bearkwon6 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Holy Paladin PVP Spec/Gems/Glyphs/Chants Hello Paladin forum! I have always played ret on this paladin, but have recently begun filling out my holy set so I can more easily get a spot on arena teams and RBGs, and I just realized - I have no idea what stats are important for holy pallies except for intellect and stamina! Any help from an experienced holy paladin pvp healer would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!Azmoten1 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 PVE Strength Trinket for PVP Which of the following would you choose for PVP and why? -Eye of Unmaking -Creche of the Final Dragon -Bone Link Fetish all normal mode. ThanksAgincourt15 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Hey Hallmark!!!! Have liked your posts and have looked at your spec and have a few questions: -I have tried to stay around 4000 Resilience with the 2 piece bonus but notice you are only at 3300 which is the lowest i have seen. How has this affected you and what have you noticed in terms of survivability? -Gurthalak was a dog for me and rarely procced. Why are you using it? -I see you glyph expertise but most pVP Rets say it's uselessAgincourt10 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 beacon of light does beacon heal for 150% when it is on the tank and you are healing the tankBasal6 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Heroic Ultraxion 25 - Holy Paladin tips/advic Here are our logs for tonight - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pmy1kmtlie8qnmuc/?enc=wipes&boss=55294 We've gotten this boss to like 1.5% or something silly, but the healing at the end of the fight is just too much. I don't know if it's because we aren't healing "enough", we aren't utilizing cooldowns properly, or something else. Please review the logs above and give any advice/tips you can share! Here is our furthest attempt on that night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pmy1kmtlie8qnmuc/sum/healingDone/?s=7656&e=8023 Thanks!Democles5 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 holy pvp build ok so iv trolled the forums some and havent found any thing so im wondering if any 1 could help me make a holy pvp build?Pickola1 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Ability help Ok so my action bar in a dungeon consisted of Auto Attack, Crusader Strike, Judgement, Seal of Righteousness, Hammer of Justice, Holy Light, Avenger's Sheild, Hand of Reckoning, Exorcism, Blessings of Kings, Gift of the Naaru, and Redemption. I'm a lvl 23 Draenei Protection Paladin and my abilites were in that order. From 1 to = and I'm wondering if maybe I should of had different abilites. I mean I do pretty well with this set of skills but maybe their is a better set that I could use.Delcroix2 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Confusion on CTC Why is 102.4% the magic number? Should it not be 97.4% because of the 5% chance for any raid boss to miss? Or is it that I'm missing something? Can anyone clear this up for me?Sintiay5 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Healer I love doing casual PvP, like... mainly just BGs for fun. But I would love to do arenas at some point. Anyway, after I gear up this toon and whatnot, I was thinking about rolling a PvP healer. I'd use THIS toon for that, but I hear resto druid is pretty much dead for PvP. So my question is, should I level a resto shaman or a holy paladin for PvP?Jushushin2 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Fix the Paladin this is bull if the driud and A freaking DK can heal when they are IN the middle of a fight, take the restrictios off the Lay of hand if i shield I should be able to use if , if I am trying to heal in a fight , should get intrupid, like a druld can heal as he is fighting , IF I cant they shouldnt either, and NO toon shoould be able to cast and or spell you when they are running away from you , that is Bull I cant hit and or damage any thing facing away fronn the targe what is up with that?Fozz3 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Ret PvE 2 pc viability in PvP? Would it be a benefit to use the T13 2 pc bonus in pvp? The 4 pc pvp bonus doesnt seem like its that great, yeah the strength is nice, but would having that extra holy power, as opposed to judgements 1 second earlier, be better. The only downside I can think of is the loss of the resilience from what ever pieces you replace (I currently have the LFR shoulders and chest) Thoughts?Kabrek3 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Pursuit of Justice on Protection Builds (PvE) I've seen several Prot Builds with 2 points in Pursuit of Justice, which i don't see the real point. Can someone explain me precisely what does it benefits, either the extra holy powah or the +speed increase that makes it worth along with encounter situations where it is good?Aoii6 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Pally Tank Getting trucked, Help Plz. Alright, So I'm having trouble tanking DS on my pally where both my warrior(Fevand) and druid(Skorkin) tank have little to know problems tanking in DS. For example yesterday my warrior did 6/8 not anything really amazing but my pally was getting destroyed on Morchok, Zon'ozz:. I know Zon'ozz hits hard but even with a DP(glyphed), and Mirror for every Psychic Drain my healers were still struggling to keep me alive, even with me saving a 3 point WoG for a GbtL bubble just before Psychic Drains. So I guess what I'm trying to get at is pally tanking just not what is was in FL or does my warrior and druid tank just out gear my pally so much that I would notice such a big difference from tank to tank. Also if I'm doing something wrong with my pally plz tell me.Talami12 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Holy trinkets. BIS? Hiya. What are the 2 BIS trinks for holy pallies? Thank you!!!Bùbblèosèvèn23 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Is there a way for 100% damage reduction? I think there is, but I am not sure. This way does NOT include Divine Sheild. You need two things, according to my theory: a disc priest and a paladin (any spec will do). So if the pally uses Blessing of the Ancient Kings (50% reduction) and Divine Protection (20% reduction) while he stands under the Priest's Power Word:Barrier (30% reduction) he should take absolutely no damage. I am not sure about this, and I would like someone to confirm it, I can't find any priests or pallies who want to help me. Thank you for your help.Thull7 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 New to Ret... HALP! Hey hey everyone, I am just looking for a little guidance in ret...You know, stat priority/rotation-ish...etc I've been prot since pre-wotlk, so I'm definitely not new to the class, but I am new to the spec. I downloaded CLCRet, and started to learn the priority rotation so to speak, but one thing I've noticed, it doesn't tell you about CD management, and I'm honestly not sure what to pop when/first --> last. Any friendly guidance would be highly appreciated. Thanks!! P.S. If you look at my armory, I know I don't have enchants at this moment, and I still have some tank items equipped...so, aside from that, feel free to offer constructive criticism...I don't feel like reading "LOLPROTGEARNOOB" -.-Breakdöwn4 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 t13 2p bonus for PvP? So I am starting to gear my ret for pvp, but then I saw the 2p bonus from the valor gear that seemed extremly good. So should I drop my 2 pieces of my pvp set for the t13 2p bonus?Grarlon2 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Helm of Setesh!? /wrists Best I could come up with. Just curious, what is the average amount of times you've had to run Halls of Origination to get this helm? I've only just completed my 18th run, still no helm yet. Its about this time I start getting that voice in my head saying... "FTLOG! PLZ SAY IT'LL BE OVER SOON! PLZZZZZZZZ!"Lomund7 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 need paladin advice!!! hey im new to being a paladin. i chose retribution and i was just wondering what attributes i should focus like and whats more important dps or damage and strength? ThanksJaalgruk1 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Ret Pally LF early raiding guild(NZ)ILVL 392 So yea decided to hore myself out to the forums after a long search for a guild to fit my schedule since a change of jobs with no luck I am looking for any sort of guild ive played em all. (10/25) normal and heroic Like to have a good laugh but still be able to concentrate and progress on bosses, find the inbetween :) Raid times starting between 4pm and 6pm server time at the latest (530 preferred) – please only post if your times fit mine Willing to server transfer Profile - Tornsoul - Ret MS (ilvl 392) , Played holy since Ulduar and have always enjoyed it but i thought it was time for a change when Dragon Soul hit ( have holy os 381 ) and am will to play it, be back up, be a 3rd healer whatever :D Know my class, know my stuff do my research and play and help people the best i can Cleared 8/8 normal mode dragon soul on both of my toons Cleared 4/7 HM firelands pre nerf ( firelands was my only hardcore raiding i have done )but have raided since late Ulduar. Let me know if u think i would be an asset to your raiding team Chur Tornsoul3 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Cataclysmic armor or Weapon first? Hey Rets. So I have 4900 Conquest points, and I've been "renting" the Cataclysmic weapon every now and then to see how much better it does for me than my current Gurthalak. It's kind of a hard say, especially in bgs where the proc's been helping a lot, but the damage/healing I'm dealing with the S11 weapon is nice. But at this point I can get at least two pieces of gear + another after I max out my points this week. Question is, looking at my gear (and yeah, I'm farming mats for enchants/gems), should I just blow my load on a weapon first, or go for armor pieces? I'm not having any luck finding T13 atm, I only have the gloves and I don't want to replace the S11 ones :|Jackishi5 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Better arena combo? Hello, I have a holy pally and want to run arenas with a real life friend in twos. Twos are broken I know but doing this for fun but we were wondering what combo would be best with my spec? He has an affliction warlock and a frost Mage. Both are equally geared. We have ran a few games with both setups but having trouble coming to a decision. Any advice? Thanks for your help and feedback!Chilled2 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Just came back to wow, need some advice Hi guys i just came back to wow and im pretty lost, there is the new dragon soul raid and the new heroics. I respeced to ret and i have pretty bad gear, idk where to start. Is my gear too low for the new heroics? thanksBannanamilk6 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Madness for Ret Had a question about DPS CDs on the madness fight, should I be using any cooldowns right at the beginning of the fight to get the most out of my CDs, but lose maybe 10 seconds on cataclysmic during that first platform? Linking logs of this weeks fight. Thanks in advanced. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xvteyyr3v8aan10e/sum/damageDone/?s=11807&e=12625Arsôn9 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Damage Medigation Help!!! Ok well i take a crap ton of damage and don't know why i use my cds every time they come up and it just isnt working idk what im doing wrong plz help and give me some pointers ior something... Kassuuraa3 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Ret Options.. Hello! I was wondering if I should use Full Cata PvP gear with my Weapon or get the 2 Tier 13 piece and sacrifice my Resil for the extra HP. I do casual arena, once I fully understand my Char I may take arena to the next step and try to hit 2.2k Opinions are very helpful!Dispersion2 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Hand of Freedom question Rebuilding my pvp pally and had a question. Back in protribution days if i recall hand of freedom removed and prevented stuns, does it still do that or no? thank you.Constantinne3 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Gem Stamina after 102.4% (Tank)? Since 102.4% avoidance is easily obtainable should I start to gem for stamina when I hit that mark now?Gorefury8 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Rate the tank above you 2012 I used the forum search tool and it seems the last one was 11 months ago. So I thought it might be time for a new one. I'm positive, "I'm doing it right." Just wondering if there's anything yall would do different?Stonewall41 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 4piece FL set on Yor'sahj? Has anyone seen the 4 piece heal trigger a stack of deep corruption on Yor'sahj? Can't seem to find confirmation on this.Kworzack1 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Just wondering Am i going about gearing right? I'm trying to hold out on spending too much gold until i get at least all 359/378 gear, but when can i start expecting to become CTC Capped? Using the macro, i found that right now i'm at 78%, in org, unbuffed. Since this is also a server transferred character, this is the only one I actually have on Laughing Skull so my help from my main is cut off (Rep/Enchants) and actually have to rebuild rep on this toon, so that'll explain any lack of reputation gear. TL;DR: Just wondering if i'm gearing up correctly, and possibly any dungeon i should run for replacement gear?Rhydun2 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Seal of the seven signs trinket im just here to tell you this trinket is not as bad as most of you claim i see SO many assumptions: "it will most likely not be up when you need it" you could also say then that it will likely be up when you need it thats just plain wrong, the probability of it being up when you dont need it is 50/50 in fact, if you can plan it out say on madness proc it before the fight starts, trigger the ICD. theres no major damage going out for atleast a minute or two when the trinket will proc again for all the platforms on madness it should be up for atleast a few of the aoe damage phases in conclusion, this trinket is AMAZING throughput and probably better then a few heals from Windward heart which like eye of blazing power can overheal or choose a useless target some of the time just thought id throw this out there after seeing people hate on this trinket so much Retheal9 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Looking for a Arena/PvP Healing guide As stated above.Kaltrax1 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 PvE in PvP gear? So how is it? I mean like regular trash mobs vs heroic mobs? I only have currently two pieces of pvp gear and so far it seems to be ok. I'm not doing firelands trash actually I'm still doing pre-firelands dailies trash.Lithios2 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 What are the best holy pally pvp trinkets Im kinda new to pvping on my pally, im holy of course. Im having difficulty deciding what trinket to get. thanks in advance.Aceal1 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 am i good for lvl 70 pvp do i need any thing or am i opZxxmclayxxz3 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Gurthalak VS Experimental Specimen Slicer I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find a thread already, so I'm asking now. With the procs from Gurthalak having been reduced to almost nothing while Seal of Truth is active, would it at this point be more effective to use Experimental Specimen Slicer and benefit from the additional stats and socket? Your thoughts, please.Cerylidae5 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Hand of Light Confussion Greetings, I enjoy my Ret pally, and have recently taken him to LFR - death of deathwing etc. I see "via recount" that the top dps paladin Rets score their biggest stats with "Hand of Light" In the Paladin talent tree, no mention of "Hand of Light" and in the spell book, zero mention of 'Hand of Light" ... but if you want to do any sort of damage as a ret pally, then "Hand of Light" is one of the major players ... according to recount. I have tried upping mastery, upping crit, but I can't get any damage to display that says "Hand of Light". Is there a "Hand of Light" school I can go to that teaches us how to make use of this most powerful DPS skill, which sadly me and numerous other paladins are completely missing. Maybe there is some extra spell or skill I can buy/learn that will give me this skill or at least show me how to use it ? Thanks for any advice here.Rebazar4 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 How is ret in pve/pvp nowdays? Thinking about rolling a paladin, because I enjoy 2h dps. How are they in pve? and can they work in pvp? I know at the start of cata they were not to good.. but I haven't been around since 4.2.Magnatik6 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Prot/Ret for arena Is it viable to do 2s and 3s in arena as prot/ret I love playing as a pally, leveling in bgs as prot it's so much fun and I think it would be ashame not to beable to do this successfully in arena. So before I get all the way to 85 I wanted to know if you guys think I'm wasting my time thinking this would be a good idea for arena. ThanksKreleielin6 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Expt and Glyphying for SoTr If Expt is negligible why is it recommended we Glyph for it?Pel11 Jan 18, 2012
Jan 18, 2012 Ret PVP - Crit or Mastery? I haven't played this toon in a long time, and am looking to get back into pvp on it. Back when I retired this paladin, mastery was the standard way to reforge. However, after looking at some top ret pallies, it appears some now reforge crit and others mastery. The spec and glyph changes I need to make are obvious, but reforging isn't. Which is better? Is what you choose based on team composition (go crit for WoG crits if all dps team?), or am I missing something? I looked at the outdated sticky, and it said to reforge to either one and didn't give reasons for either. Thanks for any help! Zarise6 Jan 18, 2012