Paladin

Jan 27, 2012 Aura mastery and delay Hi there brother paladins, holy paladins... well.. let me begin saying that im a humble guy that plays with 230 to 270ms which is about 1 to 1.5 seconds delay and english is not my main language so i apologize my bad english typing skills. This is my first post aswell. "Aura Mastery" 230 to 270ms or 1 to 1.5 seconds delay... i really get pissed sometimes how this plays against myself when i need to pop aura mastery, speaking about pvp... sometimes i pop it when i already had a silence on me cuz of that 1 to 1.5 seconds delay and its a pain so... i bet there is more holy paladins like me that play with this latency and they will understand what i mean.. Yes... after almost 3 years of pvp as holy paladin its kinda predictable when people is going to silence me... i use a good aura mastery lets say 91% of the time... but here is my point: sometimes i have to pop it a few seconds earlier than i really expected to or i needed to because of the fear of missing it cuz of delay you know what i mean..? So this is my suggestion: A: Aura mastery should remove any silence effect on the caster OR B: Aura mastery can not be used while under any silence effect OR C: Bring back 10 seconds aura mastery Any of those would save me from wasting my cooldown because of delay (option A sounds alot better though) A good example is what they made with Icebound fortitude... it used to make the dk immune to stuns, but a while ago they made it so it also removes the stuns so why not aura mastery removing silence when conc aura is up? I've started to have this feeling since cataclysm because on wotlk we didnt had that much troubles with double sacrifice and sacred shield... but now since cataclysm our target can die in a few seconds if we dont use our cooldowns exactly at the right timing or even ourselves.. That's my humble point of view people, and i really wanted to share this feeling. Thanks Flashoflight7 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 27, 2012 bop-taunt v bubble-taunt, single tank Madness I will be single tanking madness tonight using bubble-taunt and other tricks if the mutated corruption gets a second impale off. In the past, I've made use of bubble-taunt, using the cancelaura macro (hit it twice, then taunt). Does bop-taunt cancelaura work the same way or is it slightly different due to a global cd? Any other tricks for single tanking this fight? We also have a holy pally who can bop or bubble-sac if needed.Oleanna3 Jan 27, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Naga set-up for Rets My keybinds atm. i use 1-5, shift 1-5, q, e and r on the keyboard, but since us rets do have plenty of utility/off-healing, my naga helps me clear space. here is some help with keybinding an orderly naga. for this you will have to turn the switch on the bottom of your mouse from 123 to Num, and make sure your number lock key stays on! note, this set-up is optimized for Arena 3v3 mouse button 1:Avenging wrath + Guardian Mouse Button 2:Zealotry + Trinket on Grid: 1-Hand of Freedom 2-HoF friend 3-HoF other friend 4-Word of Glory 5-Word of Glory friend 6-Word of Glory other friend 7-Divine Shield 8-Hand of Protection friend 9-Hand of Protection other friend 10:Divine Protection 11-Divine Plea 12:Flash of Light This is designed so the four outward keys (1,4,7,10) are for you while matching moves are following horizontally. The Bottom 3 (10,11,12) are all just my preference on extra but quite usefull abilities. Enjoy!Mukara8 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Ret SoR or SoT Hi, I am leveling a ret/holy pally and have a question about Seals. I noticed in the talent tree that Seal of Command buffs all the seals but further buffs SoR with the ability to hit ALL targets in melee range. So my question is, when fighting large groups of trash would one be better off using SoR or does SoT still give a larger gain. Secondly, am I safe to assume ret pallys should use SoT on single target DPS? Thanks.Sulphur13 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Professions for a Ret Pally Hey guys recently i got rid of my Engineering because i got tired of my nitroboost and synapse springs not working, although i miss my parachute. Besides JC what profession should i go after? Was thinking about LW cause of the cheaper leg enchants and the bracer enchant or enchanting. I already have a JC as an alt and personally id rather not mine/prospect everything necessary to level it again.Laura5 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Bracers of Destructive Strength Vs Justice For Ret, Are these bracers better? Ive compared them its like a 40 loss comparing the mastery vs crit And the two 40 str + 20 would be a 100+ to str So are they better?Immunelol4 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Three Words If you needed to convince someone to play a Paladin in three words, what would they be?Jiigigaw58 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Windward heart proc Is there a problem with Windward heart or is it really just super bad, with 22% crit it only proc'd once in a 4minute morchok fight.Epitamy3 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Ret PvP addons Currently use Quartz, Pally Power, and movable pally power. I am still looking for one that tells me when my opponents trinkets etc. are on cd, and one that tells me when inquisition is up/down and other buffs.Daturaferox8 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Thinking of rolling a paladin I was thinking of making a protection Tauren paladin but in 4.3 paladins got nerfed should I even bother?Yair15 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 weapon q 390 gurth or wep i have now.Angrytoast3 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Heroic: Yor'sahj Seal Question I'm using SoT on the boss and during slimes. My question is, is should I use a GCD to swap over to SoR during black (add) phases, then switch back to SoT? Thanks in advance.Chajo5 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Holy Power Delay Since the DS patch, I've had a delay on my Ret 2p giving me Holy Power, it can somtimes take a full GCD, or maybe even 2 until It actually registers that I get it. I've even had the time where I've wasted a cs, because as I CS w/ 2 HP to HP from Judge comes up. Anyone notice this / fix this?Mudkìp7 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 I miss the wotlk retribution paladin Just finished a Raid Finder run with this guy. He is not a paladin, he is a arms warrior. I like him, but he is not a paladin. I play him because he reminds me of the Retribution paladin we used to have in Woltk. It is not the same, but it is the closest I can get. Still, my dream in WoW is to play a Retribution Paladin again. It is how I started this game, it is how I would like to finish it. My arms rotation flows, unlike the current retribution rotation. When Im dpsing I feel like I am actually doing something. As retribution, I think I am always preparing to do something, but I never get to do it. And, saddly, is it not just because of the rng. And I look at MoP now. What do I see? They are reworking the rage system. I will have to use skills to get rage, pretty much the same way retribution get holy power. It will probably not work well. Warriors are probably going to get the same feel of always be preparing for something, but never getting to do it. \= They took retribution paladin away from me and now they are taking arms warrior too. One by one, they are taking my favorite specs from me. What dos Ghostcrawler wants from me? I just want to play a fun retribution paladin again, why cant I have it? Tonight we drink to remember and to forget. To remember our gold times and to forget the darkness that has befallen us. Gattih13 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 New UI - Suggestions I just made myself a new comp, so im remakeing my UI. As im doing so any suggestions for paladin tanking. Addons ill have for sure: DBM DBM - spell timmers Tidy plates Tidy plates - Threat Oman Visual Combat table Atlas Loot Clique Grid Grid mana bars Minimap butten Frame Recount Who Taunted? Addons im thinking about: Something for my action bars for sure im thinking bartender but any other suggestions? Im swiching from healbot to grid+Clique unless someone convinces me of another addon thats better for a prot pally, while useable as holy. Power auras thou will have to find a good way to set it up. Thoughts?Amordron0 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 withdrawn withdrawnAxinite0 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 ret or prot in pvp, arenas and BGs which is more functional and what partners well with each of them?Eary38 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 A little help So I am a avid follower of WorldofLogs, and I do ok damage but nothing insane. I cant help but feel with my gear I can do more damage. I will link my latest DS so u can see what i am doing. Any advice would be so very helpful. Thank you http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2wce81bnf6ajpmog/Isonatilo9 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Healing Ultraxx with Green Gem Sometimes I have to get the green gem on Ultraxxion. I tried divine light/holy light spam with it, but it seemed to be doing no more than Holy Radiance/LoD. Is there even a point of casting anything besides HR/LoD on Ultraxxion? Thank you. 25man btw.Mights8 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 rate my mog! i did some mix and matching silvery pally style! need to make my weapon match though... Mîkey13 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 Can we get tank WoG off cooldown before MoP? I really miss having an instant-cast heal that I had to CHOOSE instead of Shield of the Righteous. And can we make Inquisition a little more interesting to tanks? After playing a DK I think I get the choice you want tanks to make: Do I do DPS to generate threat and damage the boss or do I shield myself to prevent damage (plus the additional component of resource management, I.E. do I want to spend those runes/runic power on damage or mitigation/heals?) But paladins don't make that choice any more. Basically, you use WoG on cooldown and the rest of the time you use Shield of the Righteous. If you don't use WoG on cooldown you're wasting WoGs over the course of a fight. And honestly, was WoG so overpowered that it was game-breaking? I understand the PvP complaint, but I'd rather you Colossus Smash it than hide it behind a 12 second cooldown. Kargruff17 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 26, 2012 BC Babes thread You must post in this thread if you are a beautiful vindicator or blood Knight. No butch dwarves or flea ridden Sun Walkers. Human paladins can come but they have to pay a toll. >:)Paliwaggle44 Jan 26, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Trouble on Madness Hi all! I've had a problem with keeping up with the rest of my guilds damage done on madness. (We one tank 2 heal). I can keep up with everyone on the first platform without a problem, but when the adds spawn i fall a bit behind. From then on the gap between my dps and theirs is pretty ridiculous. With the aoe that goes on with my group i get maybe 1 divine storm off and wait for its c.d, but by the time its up they are dead and i'm farther behind on damage done :(. I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem or if you guys had any tips on what to do. (Just got my sword and neck hopefully it'll help some) T.y ^.^Archangell5 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Question about my DPS Hello! I've recently-ish come back from a long hiatus and I was wondering if I could hear some comments/suggestions about my DPS and what I could do better! Also, as a preliminary note I'm not geared 100% to raid yet and I haven't fully gem'd or enchanted my stuff since I still haven't replaced some of my questionable gear (such as the green trinket, Egg-Lifting Talisman). I tested my DPS on a dummy prior to server shutdown and found I do about 12K - 13.5K DPS. I told a friend about it and she said that in my current gear I should be doing more DPS, though she didn't specify how much. My question is how much DPS do you think I should be able to output? My rotation is to pop Ancient Kings, build up HP with Crusader Strike to get Zealotry, then Inquisition + Avenging Wrath then Crusader -> Templar's Verdict, casting Exorcism when it procs. I throw in judgments when they are off CD and Holy Wraths when they are available. Using Seal of Truth as my seal. Any help is super appreciated! I healed through Wrath, tanked while leveling and decided to give Ret Paladin a shot for Cataclysm, so I will admit I am pretty bad at knowing how to build DPS(which is sad, I know). Thanks!Mercides7 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Is vengaence gone from pvp now or still in? Anyone know?Besided1 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Healing Advice Hello all...I'm looking for some idea if I'm at the level of healing I should be. I took a few months off from the game and pretty much skipped over Firelands. In the last raid I was running at about 13k hps on the Zon'ozz fight. It seems a little low to me, but I'm trying to get a sense if I'm at a good level with the gear I have. I've read some articles about haste builds vs mastery builds, but not sure how I feel about them yet and, quite honestly, I haven't tried the mastery build to see how it works. Thanks in advance for your helpDrk8 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 do paladin pwn all? im like wondering if like paladin pwn all or something cuz wh3never im like against a noob they just are like ready for teh spankin and liek i was just wondering if all paladins end up pwnin a nab in the fiace when it come to pwning the nibs. yalalala meen?Chyaii14 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Pally OR Druid I have narrowed it down to these two awesome classes. I want a dps with a healing offspec. Which would you chose with patch 4.3.2 and things of that nature?Uncboss0 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Pally Help =) I'm really new to Wow and brand new to my pally idk if my gear is right etc HELP!!!!Rowèn4 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 lolret people still joke about ret paladins. or has blizzard actually made them viable?Edmun6 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 What racials are best for a Protdin? I'm thinking Human for their +3 expertise and free trinket slot. Tauren's higher base health & ability to stun nearby targets could be useful. There's also Dwarves, who can dispel bleeds/poison/diseases, resist frost spells from DKs and Frost mages, and who still get +3 expertise on some items (but not all). Snugglesvi15 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 How does my gear look for PvP? Ret pally as you can tell , just trying to get some opinions on my gear on what needs to be changed or if its already good. Thanks :DCocoàpuffs5 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 new to tanking any advice yall can give to a new pally tank i have a lvl 53 pally tankMithreaper1 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Retribution for PvP Hey. I've been looking at the various pvp melee classes and I've narrowed it down to Ret, Unholy DK, or Enh Shaman. How do Ret's compare to those 2 specs in pvp? In damage output, survival, control (stun,slow etc.) Someone told me a Ret can out-burst and out-heal dk's, seeing there spells that's hard to believe. Ty.Icytitan29 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 defect on the class i challenge blizzar to test their product gear up a ret paly and try to kill a well gear holy paly druid shaman or prist?u make a bunch of runner healers and a palading with not stunds do your own test and try to kill a arena healer i admit u did a good work other wise fix this so that we dont have to deal with one hour arena game runing and cant cap at the end of the week because people dont have time after 1 hour each game Imbackk8 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 How do you use glyphs? How do you use glyphs?Paladinkills4 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Spell visual effects http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3269669079#6 now THIS is a glyph I would support!Knilb3 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 It's a cryin' shame That I just discovered how much fun it is to do random BG's as prot. So many people are stupid and attack me haha. Wish I'd realized this earlier as my vengeance is about to be ripped from my soul...Dragoncolf7 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Gurth or Heroic Slicer? Thoughts, use Gurth or the Heroic Slicer?Hruku7 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Low DPS needing advice. Evening all! Been pulling VERY low numbers compared to other ret paladins, so I come to you asking for help. I pull around 22k which seems very low! Is there any gear that may be an easy upgrade? (hard for me to raid or to find a raid group to meet my time) I really only have one macro I use which is the following. #showtooltip /use Zealotry /use Inquisition /use Guardian of Ancient Kings /use Avenging Wrath /use Impatience of Youth /use slot 13 /startattackTermanology9 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Best Ret PVP strats I'm always amazed at some of the great strats and tricks some of the fine players here come up with. Would like to consolidate some of these in one thread. So, if you have any let's hear them: A few I like are: -When guarding a flag switch to Seal of Righteousness to AOE the flag. This frees up a talent point some might use for Divine Storm -Rets don't have much CC so save your HoJ for healers Agincourt7 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 New pally - feeling squishy! Compared to my warrior, this pally seems so damn squishy.. Either that, or Im being paired with really bad healers in dungeons. Shouldnt pally and warrior tanks be on par? Maybe its just my imagination, im not sure hahaEnforced9 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 what seal is the best for DPS? I assume truth is good for single damage and righteous for AOE but correct me if I'm wrong.Sonlir3 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 VP trinket for burst fights? I'm wondering, is it worth using the VP trink over a static str trink for fights like H hagara and spine given that the burst portions are where the damage really counts? Or should I just be getting different valor pieces? And if I do get it, which of my 2 current trinks do I replace for those burst fights? The LFR eye gives more str, but has a ramp up time that while insignificant on a long fight, might be unreliable when I need burst. The normal vessel is static str, but then has a ramp up on its crit proc. So what do you think?Darthelmet1 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 HOLY help ! ive been battling different forums with my stat priority (mmo,maxdps,noxxic) i stack crit and mastery. spirit whatever on my gear, and haste around 10% unbuffed and without judging. i see haste and spirit stat priorty on some ppl and crit an haste on some , then mine crit and mastery and advice would be greatly appreciated ty Batedcobra-AlleriaBatedcobra3 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Prot Pally tier 13 2 Set Bonus Idk if its just my character but when i use judgement the buff says it absorbs only 6k at the max. I love our 4 set helps a ton in the raids but it seems out 2 set is very crappy if it absorbs a whole 6k for 1 hit. Anybody else think same? I mean yeah its a extra little bubble we get but for DS raids its to little IMOJemez22 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Holy Healing Thoughts Batman I've been playin a paladin for years now, Holy mostly, holy/ret when the dual specs came about, and i've been a bit puzzled by the changes that have been made to holy since Cata came out. I understand that blizzard wanted to get us away from spamming one spell all the time and diversify us some across the board. But does it feel like paladins are missing that Middle of the road kind of feeling? Burst damage from mobs is high, especially in heroics and I've noticed without CC some of the fights come down to needing to spam FoL to get the HPS out to even keep them up during a pull without popping a cooldown of some sort because DL is insanely slow with the new formats. I know this is a two fold relationship as it's partly the tank's responisibility to identify how much damage is coming in and pop a cooldown accordingly, but all the other healers seem to have high output fast casting spells or flat out damage elimination abilities that are readily available and all we have is holy shock(which is too weak and has too long a cooldown to be effective with bursts) and FoL which burns mana insanely fast and is a relatively small heal like HS. Other than those 2 we have a 10 minute CD LoH and - IF - we are lucky enough to have some HP hanging around Word of Glory, shamans can pop riptide and spam rediculous output heals, priests have bubble which in any spec gives them the time to get something bigger than FoL out, and all their abilities in their specs focus on putting out stupid high numbers. I feel like Paladins have been pushed into a Cooldown/Proc focused healer and I find it obnoxious. It seems like I'm always "getting by" with the heals I have unless i've got a proc or a CD being blown to do what everyone else does regularly. For Example my guild leader is a shaman and did an LFR and pushed out over 40k hps, I tried matching that and found myself unable to keep up the outputs to push more than around 28k even popping cooldowns. I know that can be situational but still seems a bit off since he can sustain that without cooldowns and I had to blow everything to even get within 15k I wanted to add in that I took a 9 month break from WoW and have been back a few months but only within the last month started healing again really, so my exp with healing in 4.3 is semi-limited.Vegaroth1 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 Level 80 Protection paladin twink So I am looking for some help on gearing my other character. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Evelia/simple since it won't change my avatar to it. Can I get some input on which enchants to get and possibly changing a few pieces of gear? I am staying at 80 so only wotlk heroics and the first two cata dungeonsMewse2 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 25, 2012 PVP Holy sepc Help! Hello world! I am doing my best in finding info on PVP holy spec/stats/guide.. everything. I have been doing alot of PVP lately, and I love holy/healing pvp. I really could use some pointers! Anything will do, from spec and talents, to glyphs, enchants, all that sort of thing. I do pretty solid as right now, but I know I can and have much more potential. So, if anyone can start or help point me in the right direction, I would love that! Thanks a lot!Oraydra2 Jan 25, 2012
Jan 24, 2012 Holy- Am I doing it right? Meaning stats wise (yes, I know I have +30 gems in my belt, RNG doesn't like me this week- I decided the shoulders from HoT are a myth). My normal healer is a shammy so the mana efficiency of this one is a lot better than what I'm used to (I like being able to heal still with 5% mana). I think my main thing here is, am I too haste heavy at this point? Also, on my helm, should I re-reforge it (meaning instead of spirit to haste, mastery to haste?)Galidora10 Jan 24, 2012