Paladin

Feb 3, 2012 Let's predict the 4.3.3 paladin nerfs GC is not gonna wake up a happy camper tomorrow.Argerich14 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 Do I use gems on 378 items? So, my retribution paladin has lvl 378 items, and I want to know if I can use some gems (like +40 strenght) on them, or should I save my gems for better items? Like, is it worth putting a +40 STR gem onto an Immolation Battleplate non-heroic?Nykan8 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 srsly, holy pally's in pvp feel free to say i'm way off base. but give these guys some CC. its a little crazy. they have 1 stun on what.. a 1 min CD? would you guys give up some instant heal power for some CC? or a mana burn on a different school lockout? geeezMirthe8 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 Holy Paladin Spec Guide 4.3+ Hey guys! I made a video on how to spec and glyph well in patch 4.3+ I need some feedback of the community to see if I should make a gem/enchant guide too ! here is the link to it! http://youtu.be/OZEJAel-eQM Hope you enjoy :)!Healoni6 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 Best Paladin race for tanking. title pretty much says it all...What IS the best tanking race for paladins? i changed from dwarf to human because i liked how armor looked on the humans, but now im wondering. was this a mistake? what is the forum's opinions on this matter?Magnùs4 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 LF Tanking tips for Protection Paladins I am starting to tank in heroics, and I want to know if any of you have any tips for protection paladins. One thing I am curious about is when I should use my cooldowns like Argent Defender or Holy Shield. I under stand that I mostly use crusader strike and righteous hammer (for AoE tanking) most of the time, and I always set my priority that I have aggro, but is there any other tip you guys can give to me.Dandence30 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 non gliched pallys come on in, and tell us how you feel about not getting to enjoy the fun of seal of commannd glich!Mwch29 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 Seal of WHAT? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO4k5drgYZI&context=C3db5bf2ADOEgsToPDskLtXLdOBq8HB7bk6IMik0kW lol...good times with the bug last night.Praxi6 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 Challenge Accepted http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/Haipaa_Koneko/DeathwingChallenge.jpg Just a little lawl I put together over the little ret pally bug that happened the other night.Konekó11 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 Lol @ WoL Gratz on rankings on WoL Ret pallies, will be hard for anyone else to beat that XDHairypaladin0 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 The Day of Retribution! Let it forever been known in the World Of Warcraft that this day is THE DAY OF RETRIBUTION! 2/2/2012Notadjacent26 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 Question on Trinkets for Ret Pally I have Rotting Skull which has a 1 1/2 min cd. My question is should i be using it every time it comes up or wait to use it with my 2 min cds. AW and Zealotry. I've been tanking for a couple years, just starting to dps on this toon. Thanks for any help.Neverdied3 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 MoP talent question? Was just wondering what most Retadins are going to take in the new 30 Tier. To me the choices are either Fist of Justice, which will replace hammer of justice and have a 30 second CD, or Repentance, which will now have a cast time of 1.5 seconds, but no CD at all, making it very much like Polymorph. Getting a stun off every 30 seconds seems very powerful, but at the same time so does a repeatable CC that can only be trinketed once. The great thing about the current Repentance is the ability to use it on the move, and stopping for 1.5 seconds to cast it can drastically lower or DPS. I'm personally leaning towards Fist of Justice just because it offers the option to have mobility when you cast it. I created this thread to of course get other opinions before I set my heart on any one ability.Rentel2 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 need prot pally macro help ok like the title says i need help with them. i havent played my pally tank much since 4.2 hit so its behind. but im working on getting it up there just for JP cap and VP weekly caps for stuff incase i make other toons or some1 need something. what i need for a few macros is if possibl: avenger's shield then right after it holy shield holy shield then shield of the righteous divine plea then inquisition (for every 2 minute use) and any other useful macros that can be noted also. this will help me alot. thanks in advance rayvRayvasher5 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 Transmog Pieces to match Shadowmourne? Shadowmourne I'm working on a transmog to fit that. Yes, I know you can't transmog legendaries, but I am going to parade around with it- so I need matching gear! I'm thinking of building the set around Pauldrons of Conviction as it seems to match and has dragons on it! I was wondering if anyone had suggestions, or even transmogged to match Shadowmourne. Ugh, maybe I should have rolled a DK! Edit: Nice grammar, bro.Grendagr4 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 Beacon of Light Since it's only on a 5 minute timer, seems it's usually falling off of the tank. I am using Clcbpt or something like that, which basically tracks BoL & the judgement buff. Tried to use BOLT (used before) but it's outdated. Any other addons that you use to track things like that? Would also love to be able to track the procs that we get as holy. Random Question: What other addon's do you use for healing? Tried healbot, didn't like it as it seemed harder to use since I have a Naga & Nostromo so everything can be bound to a key for me.Syronite6 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 Some good old paladin PVP videos? I made a video on Warcraft Movies and put in the little Warcraft Movies intro thing to get 2 days of premium access, and I'm downloading some old PVP videos from the archive that you can't get without premium access. I'm kind of on the spot, so I can't remember all the good oldies. I'm nabbing Slayton's movies right now. Anyone want to help jog my memory? :STuraven3 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 Nerf Fire mages... http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g474/Torvald2/lol.pngGlendavis8 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 Can I have my arena rating reset please? I spent today watching my mmr plummet. We noticed an insane amount of ret pally comps but didn't think much of it. Then we started noticing something was off about the damage. Even if I kited the ret perfectly (which I usually do), I would have 5 stacks of censure and be taking an incredible amount of rapidly ticking dot damage. I saw a team that played like they were in the 1300's coast through 1900 while farming us. It wasn't until I checked this forum that I confirmed my suspicion that something was very wrong with ret dps. My question to blizzard then, is "will you reset the ratings to pre-terrible-screwed-up-ret-dmg?'. Sincerely, A concerned mage who pretends he's good at arenaJuicey17 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 3, 2012 Prefered Weapon Enchant if your have avoidance cap(unbuffed) wont it be more effective to get landslide or mending as a weapon buff?Corebenik7 Feb 3, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Can't Tank Harder? I've started to notice since increasing my item level that there is essentially a cap for my avoidance and general defensiveness. Basically there is a point where you just can't improve, around: Dodge 17-18%, Parry 17-18%, Block 58-62%. This is including being soft capped for expertise and around 3-4% hit. So the question becomes, Now what? I can increase my stamina a bit, I could finish capping my hit but none of this makes my tank better at tanking really. This would be fine but looking at other tank classes for instance the Blood Deathknight can just keep stacking mastery as long as there is better gear. Improving my gear at this point doesn't really help decrease my damage intake, is there anything else I should be doing?Voiceofwrath7 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Royal Qiraji Belt... Is this the only belt that comes close to matching the Paladin S11 T2 PvP set?Lawlbringer2 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 2,000,000 DPS You read that right. First he hit 1,000,000 DPS http://tinypic.com/r/wb8js8/5 Then... He hit 2,000,000 DPS (yes, i know, it is blurry but you can still make it out) http://tinypic.com/r/352j0nb/5 Loving this Seal bug, it is awesome!Feardotorc13 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 What to spend VP on for holy pallies? What should I spend my VP on for holy pallies? Any BiS gear in there? Thanks!Inkz1 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Seals damage ticking all the time Is something up with the pally seals, Could not find anything Was in a bg on my druid and I dotted this pally, nek minute im taking seal of command 1500 seal of truth 1400 seal of command 1500 seal of truth 1400 seal of command 1500 seal of truth 1400 Like this I took aroud 65k damage for it in about 10 secsDirtydancin109 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Ret Pallies - What dps are you pulling? So my alt (retpally) should be dinging 85 within a week or two if i keep at it, and I'm wondering (since its easy enough to hit 378ilvl these days) what kind of dps you guys are pulling in 1. Dungeons like HoT 2. Raids and whether or not you use the clc ret addon to help or do you think it renders itself 'moot'? Thanks for the replies if any, and if you want to please include burst damage/sustained damage/aoe damage differences. Im just wondering how ret pallies compare with 378ilvl warriors in dungeons and raids.Tinytusks63 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Vengance Nerf / RET DPS Bug http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/02/02/retribution-bug-hotfixed-vengeance-temporarily-returns-to-pvp/ Looks like they were both related. Now you get to see vengance a little bit again. ...Rakatee4 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Technical Question, 2 piece & other shields. As most paladins are starting to realize the set bonuses for prot paladins are a joke. But my question is about the game mechanics when a bubble like the one you get from the 2 piece bonus or a priest's power word shield is active. When an attack is incoming does it reduce your bubble then calculate avoidance or does avoidance get calculated first? Meaning if I have Power Word on me for 30k and a boss swings for 17k and I would've dodged his attack do I keep my shield at 30K or does it get reduced to 13k then dodge the 13k damage?Voiceofwrath2 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Banning for seals? unjust So the seal glitch for pallies is causing to get banned, i deem this unfair for the simple reason that their spell judgment already being a core dps talent but also building holy power with tier 13 2 set, seems like entrapment to ban someone for using a spell that is mandatory if you want to do anything near decent dps /applaud blizzardGrakkal1 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 -!Official SEAL BUG INFO Thread!-- FIXED ***FIXED!*** The bug was fixed via server restart. The bug lasted approx. 4 hours on live servers. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Currently there is a bug with Seal of Truth and Seal of Righteousness where it can infinitely proc off itself. This can lead to insane damage and DPS. There are some things you should know: This is a bug and not intentional. It is not a player exploit. It is not a hack. Players cannot control the way Seal of Truth or Seal of Righteousness behave. There is literally nothing players can do about it aside from not using these seals, which are the paladin class' only 2 DPS seals. Not using one of them is akin to a BM hunter not using a pet or a fire mage not using fire spells. You just can't. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Seal Information: Seal of Truth is the retribution single-target damage seal. Every attack applies a stacking debuff to our target called Censure. It stacks up to 5 times. Once at 5 stacks, each attack deals 17% weapon damage as additional holy damage. Many of our core DPS abilities and talents require Seal of Truth to function optimally. Seal of Righteousness is the retribution AOE damage seal. It grants additional holy damage on every attack. This seal becomes an AOE seal when specced into Seals of Command, which allows SoR to cleave. Seals of Command may be the root of the problem. This is a mandatory 4th tier talent in the ret tree. It allows Seal of Righteousness and Seal of Truth to deal 7% additional weapon damage when they are triggered (every hit). Additionally it allows SoR to cleave. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - News: This is clearly a bug. Blizzard is scrambling to fix it as we speak. Currently, the bug still exists but it seems to happen randomly. There is no consistency as far as anyone can tell. All we know is that it happens primarily in raid groups and may turn on/off between servers (such as a BG server or LFR). EDIT: Servers are going offline for approx. 15min each starting at 2AM. This is presumably to fix the bug.Lobster128 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 How do you hpallies not go oom?! On my alt running DS 10m. I do OKAY with mana, but not as well as i should. I am judging on CD, and using divine plea and arcane torrent on CD. yet i still have mana issues.. any tips?! :( Also do you guys have any nice macros for judgement? =PEkiv10 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 I don't want to alarm anyone but.... Regarding the ol' tentacle wep. I was geting what I thought was a high amount of procs in MC and a few arenas. Decided to test on target dummy and the proc seems to go off twice as often as before today? Test I would usually do is just auto attack a dummy and before I'd get aprox 1 proc per 100 melee swings. I've only done a few rounds of tests so far but I'll be damned if I didn't get 6 through one round of 100 swings once. That was totally unheard of before so I'm really trying to not chalk it up to "luck". Anyone else notice this and if so... FORGET I SAID ANYTHING NEVER SPEAK OF THIS AGAIN ACT CASUAL GUYS.Mathil15 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Am I doing something wrong? If you have a moment, please check my character sheet. Am I gemmed wrong or anything else? I ask because when looking at this toon, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Plethora/advanced , my stats are almost nothing like what they have for Prot.Sicness10 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Honest question, really can't decide. So I've been toying around with my Paladin alt lately and have manage to collect a decent amount of non Tier items in DS LFR (running with other guild alts) and basically a 4/5 Token set (Helm, Shoulders, Chest and Legs) and just can't make up my mind on if I want to invest those into Holy or Protection, as I equally enjoy both specs. So my question is, in your honest opinion, what spec do you see having the best QoL for the rest of the expansion. I've had this paladin since the beginning of vanilla (as an alt) so I do like keeping him around as an off-night toon for kicks. Keep in mind I generally don't PvP on him, only random BGs with a few friends at best, nothing competitive. My main concerns would be: 1. QoL 2. FoTM (I know this is tough because Paladins are popular class) 3. In highest demand (Probably another tough one with this class) I know there has to be a lot of Main/Off spec Prot/Holys and I'd really love to hear your opinion, as I would gladly love to read your experiences.Stormclaw0 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Question about Prot and CTC. So if I understand correctly, once you hit 102.4% dodge/parry/mastery, you're no longer hittable by normal attacks. Is that 102.4% with the 5% miss chance, or do you need it separate from the 5% miss? Is there any point to further avoidance/mitigation after the 102.4%? Like Warriors, any excess translates into critical block. Is there any similar benefit to being above the CTC for prot pallies? Thanks! +Armstrong8 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Prot trinket help! So I currently have... Brawler's Trophy, Veil of Lies, and Soulshifter Vortex. After much reading and research...I STILL am unclear which two I should be using. And even with reforges and such, the best CTC I can currently achieve is 100.05%. Although if any of the trinkets proc, I'm way above CTC cap. Any suggestions? Colwynn5 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Holy Paladin: Valor or 4-piece LFR? My dilemma: I'm not sure if getting 4-piece tier (3x LFR; 1x Norm) is greater than spending my valor on chest, gloves, etc. I have the valor helm because I was still rocking the ZA/ZG helm. Got my shoulder tier early, and legs off BH. I got valor gloves on already (buying non-tier items while praying for tier drops). Today I got the glove and chest tokens. So, do I... 1) Drop the valor mitts and fore go the valor chest in favor of 4-piece bonus, or 2) Gear in favor of iLevel stats? Thanks!Nurzaak1 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Rolled a pally got myself some hierlooms, am I too late? D:Jublong4 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Can I get rated please? ( Prot ) Haven't really tanked since LK, just got back in to playing a while back and wanted to make sure my gear chants and everything are on the right track. My ilvl currently is 371 tanking all heroics including Twilight ones without any threat issues, my stats seem solid as im not taking a great deal of incoming damage, well not any more than expected anyway. Is there anything i should change in my gear / chants / Spec. Just wanted to make sure i am on the right track when i get to the lfr level and dont make a fool of myself when i get in there. I am also aware my weapon isnt enchanted but at this point in returning i just cant afford the chant for it. Thanks in advance! DarkDarkmanning6 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Are you guys serious? ...Rektharr9 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 So what are our BiS from valor? Just wanting to know. I'm just now getting this toon to the grind for valor points, and I'd like to know what I should go ahead and save up for from a protection paladins perspective.Entensity3 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Nerf Paladins! (Offical Thread) Finally, we can nerf the OP Ret. Paladins. You ret paladins had your day in the sun.. never again! This is the offical /nerf paladin petition! /sign it if you think that Ret Paladins are OP!Vargmal11 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Can someone help on prot 4 piece ultraxion? Hi all, just curious about the 4 piece prot for ultraxion. With the 4 piece, Divine guardian has a cd of 2 minutes. Does this mean it will have a 1 minute cd for the ultraxion encounter or does is the 4 piece unaffected by thrall's buff? Thanks!Gardiff2 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 current DS LFR DPS Rankings.... swagswagswag http://i.imgur.com/VWT7V.jpgGlendavis6 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 I missed it /cry Just logged on fmlTsura0 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 pally FINALLY have dps i know its brooken but at least now we have conistant dps how sad all the other class r QQing about it lol... i wish i could keep the dps going but nooo.....Haydooss1 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Will i get ban? I was doing 80+k dps on dragonsoul and was afraid of getting ban. I have respec into holy thereafter. So all the loot in LFR will be wipe as well? After the first part of the LFR DW, i went into hpally heals for part 2 of LFR. How does blizz punish people?Reqûiem5 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 Divine Shield and Blessing of Sacrifice Does it work or does the damage not transfer?Carlrov1 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 This is the best day of my life. After numerous patches placing ret burst dps in the !@#$ and our pvp viability questioned, this bug has given me a reason to live. This isn't a mistake. It's justice.Kadlekins23 Feb 2, 2012
Feb 2, 2012 I rly dont understand Everybody is yelling and screaming about how much damage pallies are doing and even was dragged into a 2v2 where i didnt do anymore damage that what i usually do. Was this only for pvp gear or something?Nazurath3 Feb 2, 2012