Paladin

Dec 14, 2011 Reforging Tank Stats I noticed, that with 4.3 the reforging no longer offers a 1 to 1 ratio for reforging. So is it worth it to reforge one tank stat into another? If it is situational, what are the situations? Is there a cap to the amount of master I want?Dashiizman2 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Please, help me see the light! Am I doing this right? This is not my first tank, but this one seems squishy. Pulling mobs I can tell the healer is struggling. I would really appreciate if you could look at my stats and give me some feedback. I have read the forums on re-forging, block cap, its just to overwhelming. Thank you.Luminesence1 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Paladins! Get creative! 1. Get the add on called MogIt 2. Create your own ideal look. 3. Post it here. Here's mine: http://postimage.org/image/agxntu9in/ Iniq5 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Advice Please So as you might be able to see I have been playing this pally in WOLK and my first pally was at the end of BC. I loved the pally up until 2 weeks ago when I was seriously leeling a DK. I am in love with the DK and everything about them. I also am out aggrd when being paired with another tank in any raid. Even AoE >.> I would have no problem staying with my DK and dropping my pally but now I have some FoS that you cant get anymore. Someone please give me something to hate DK's for and make me love the class like I once did. It breaks my heart to stop playing her...Inkrest2 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Ret Paladin Trinket Questions To get to the point, I'm stuck at deciding which trinkets to use and what stats I should be aiming for in those trinkets. At the moment I am using Essence of the Eternal Flame and Heart of Rage*. Mostly due to the STR/Mast combo. But I feel as if I could be getting more out of my dps if I perhaps considred using these: Vessel of Acceleration Apparatus of Khaz'goroth Honestly, I'm unsure of how much value I should place on mastery on the trinkets over Crit. I know the stat priority is STR>Mastery>Crit=Haste** but does that also carry over to trinkets? I would assume it does but then I'm not sure of the conversion tables either for each stat. If I knew the conversion tables I could perhaps make a more educated decision but as it is, I don't and I havn't been able to locate them. If you know them I would appreciate it if you posted them here. *Reforged the Expertise into mastery **According to trusted information sites, Haste and Crit are equal in its value to a player and are based on preference when it comes to a Ret Paladin. -I use Crit-Llyell7 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 what should a paladin haste % be as of 4.3 Hello, what should a paladin haste % be in 4.3 my haste is 6.31% item level 377/380 Hit chance is 11.18% Crit chance is 8.69% exp 39 attack power is above 12k Soak10 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 QOL: Seal refreshing and Death Blizzard can we please change the current seal system? Seals now COST 0 mana. Seals now stay present upon death and resurrection. Reapplying a seal in a BG is not even interesting or fun.Mezasu10 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Question(s) About Ret Paladin PvP Hello, fellow paladins! I hope everything is going well for you, and I hope that gearing up for season 11 PvP (or Tier 13, whatever suits your fancy) is going well for you. :) I am currently in the process of gearing up for season 11. I am nearly finished. I am waiting to gear up completely first before gemming, but that is the reason I have come to this forum with a question, and maybe more if I can think of them. I can honestly say I am a noob when it comes to Ret PvP. I have been doing it for a few months now, but never really took the time to understand the mechanics of it until now, because at first, I didn't really care. I'm on a RP server so I just liked the look of the gear, not the stats. However, transmog has come, and I can now make my gear look like whatever I want to. I've found that PvP has grown on me though, and I actually want to start becoming halfway decent at it. I have been using sites like Retributionpaladins.com and noxxic.com to attempt to improve my PvP skills. I am sort of confused at the moment though, because according to Retributionpaladins, When gemming, I am only supposed to match the gem to the socket when I get a bonus of 20 strength or more. However, Noxxic says that I should always match the gem to the socket if it means a strength or resilience bonus of any kind. My question is this: Which one should I listen to, if either? My current thought process is this: If the gem is going to give me more strength or resilience than the bonus, then why should I get the bonus? However, I am new to this whole thing, and that is why I am asking you. Any feedback on this would be great. Also, if you would like to take a look at my current build, feel free. Just keep in mind that I have not gemmed any thing for season 11, and I don't plan to until I'm completely geared up. If I think of any more questions, I will edit this post. Thank you very much. TLDR; I am asking if there is ever a circumstance where I should or should not match a gem to a socket as a Ret Paladin.Xentar17 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Hey, read it SCREW THE RULES I HAVE SEXY HAIR! Questions?Bestira0 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Anyone notice that 2pc Holy isn't working? Maybe it isn't showing up or I'm just missing it since I just got it. But I don't see any improvement in mana. Is it just not showing up in the tooltip?Morbys2 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 2 Piece T13 (Ret) feels strange I understand that the extra HoPo generation may feel a little weird getting used to, I can deal with that. What I'm noticing, however, is that the delay between hitting the ability and getting the actual point of holy power is much longer when hitting judgement compared to the delay when hitting crusader strike.Macster7 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 very noobish question but soc i have a question, with sor able to hit everyone will it interrupt them from capping the flag?.. since their are a lot of baddies in bgs such as ab ppl tend not to aoe around the flag ...so say i am fighting 2 ppl in ab farm and i hit target A next to target B who is trying to cap the flag, when i cast crusader strike on target A will it interrupt target B? at this moment i am speced to ds for that reasonJudgëmënt21 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Help me with holy? Since the patch dropped, iam a little lost i feel if my DL and WoG aren't hitting nearly as hard, as well as what is our best stat is it still haste, or is it mastery now with the change to HR? If anyone could give me some tips on how to play a holy pally a little better i would really appreciate it?Liltubbs2 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Ret PvP Trinks Currently debating on what trinkets to use, do i grab the on use + str or just rock the chance on hit to give str. also be rocking the imparing trink. thoughts? thanks #stackresilNixxo6 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Looking to pvp Hey all, I am looking to have a crack at pvp as a holy paladin. But i have no idea where to start first with gear? I know ill have to start with the honor gear and work up but which pieces first? Or does it really matter? Any help here would be greatPhotas1 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Holy Paladin - Stat Priority 154 Mastery or 160 Haste? I'm thinking Haste is good for us, but Mastery is way better. Thanks for the help in advanced. I have no guild to ask and trade chat is just trolls who will say what stat is preferred for them.Takaiana11 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Hand of Light damage addon help. Sup..i been looking everywhere for an addon that shows the total damage of "Strike X" + Hand of light's damage, all in one big nice number... is there any addon out there that does that? O_oSamiel6 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Holy Paladin PVP Gear? When getting geared for a holy paladin, what gear do you go for in pvp? Do you go for int/spirit gear?Kroar1 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Where have all the ret gone T.T I BG alooot and I have yet to come across a single ret paladin >< Where are youo people T.T What happened to the winged paladin that brought doooomLiaine31 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Geared to the max but pathetic damage As you can see from the armory, I'm geared to the max. I was looking at the numbers scrolling off of Mik's Scrolling Battle Text and was appalled. I had just applied INQ with 3 HP, then hit CS. The first one came up as 5700, the next 7500, then I got a 15k CS. In comparison to the average DK or Warrior they tell me they are hitting 15-30K. Is there something wrong with the add on or are you people seeing the same number? Or should I be using a different damage add on?Agincourt12 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Light of Dawn I'm gearing my offspec and i'm getting close to being able to heal, and I was wondering if there would be a time to use Light of Dawn. Practical's guide didn't mention anything about it.Perilous7 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Prot Trinket Question Hey guys, I just got the Indomitable Pride (off first boss of normal DS), and I wonder if I should use the Veil of Lies, which has stam + chance to increase dodge OR Stay of Execution which has dodge + on-use damage absorption. Which one should I use with Indomitable Pride? Thank youSevaryn1 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Prot Paladin 2s/3s team? I know I am not 85 but I speak for when I reach it. I have done BGs as prot for the majority of this characters levels, and I was ALWAYS atleast third on the board. I see different opinions on on whether prot would do well in arenas with a fire mage. Hear me out, I think with a prot pally's stuns, silences, and survivability along with a fire mage's ability to kite and pull !@#$ tons of DPS out of their %^-, I thought it was a good combo. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? I have yet to find another person for 3s so I can't say my plans for that yet.Hôlybõvine6 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Holy meta gem question Which is the optimal meta for healing in DS? Burning Shadowspirit Diamond or Ember Shadowspirit Diamond Dawnbringer7 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Holy PvP Build I have been searching around for what is considered the best Holy PvP build, particularly arena 3s. However, I haven't found a definite answer. Also, any basic tips or tricks would be greatly. appreciated. I've only played dps pvp classes and really have no idea about pvp healing. ThanksAllurbase2 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 So do any other rets get really irked when... You pop zealotry and divine purpose procs like 100 times in a row, giving you too many free TV's to even need to crusader strike? Makes it feel like I wasted zealotry so hard, and then you don't get divine purpose for forever. Thank you rng!Mathil16 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Simcraft help so im trying to do simcraft and im not sure which to do as far as movment. ◦T13H Patchwerk-style (with scale factors) ◦T13H Light movement ◦T13H Heavy movement those are the options but im not sure if the H means heroic..id assume it does but im really quite confused on what to do at this point. do i just run the program or do i need any of these things to do a correct simulatoin?Kahn0 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Mastery Cap for Tanking true? Just heard someone in the guild I'm in say that there is a mastery cap at 55%. Is that true?Nikadin5 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Haste 'sweet spot' in Bloodlust? I've noticed that after my last two sets of upgrades, I've managed to drop my Haste hugely (below 500 now), far enough that during a Bloodlust I can't simply spam CS - TV - CS - TV without having a little bit of dead time. I'm sure that it's a DPS loss to actually put any filler in there, but it got me wondering, has it been worked out how much Haste is needed to not have any free time? If not, I'll just work it out myself when I get home, but I'm on the way out to work and thought I'd ask the general Paladin community.Lusden0 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 2-healing normal 10-man DS Clearly Morchok is 2-healable -- how many of the others could be 2-healed? Just curious, because I'm always up for a little challenge. I feel like Yor'sahj would be OK on everything except red/yellow, but I haven't really gotten the chance to get a feel for the rest.Solann14 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Ledger of Revolting Rituals Yup, does not work with Paladin's anymore. You cant equip it if you had it last week. Its supposedly class specific (changed it today, but still not listed on the offhand) and Paladin is not listed on it. GG Blizz.. It costed me over 500g to gem, enchant that thing. Its alot to me. Now i can't use it.Kinpc1 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Switching from holy to ret. If you could check my char page out, you can see I'm switching from holy to ret. I want to have some fun dpsing! The thing is, I still have some items to replace. I spent my JP on tier 12 for the 2pc bonus. Now I have 2k valor and I don't know what to buy. What's a solid purchase for a ret paladin? I guess the trinket is crap? Please let me know! :)Wafflès1 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Which Trinket is better im still deciding weather to swap rosary of light for the valor dps trinket rotting skull what would you guys prefer?Nyooki1 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Pally Noob, Stat Priority? Just started a pally and i was wanting to find out what the primary stat priority is for tanking. str, stam, int, sprt? thnx.Bairoth3 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Make me a better Healer! Can someone in the know look at what I have (gems/reforges/spec) and tell me if I need to change anything? Thanks. :)Versiroth0 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Professions Help I'm just starting my paladin, I need help deciding on what second profession to pick I'm going with Jewelcrafting and I can't decide on a second.Xolkàr3 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Stat priority for prot pallies. Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any input on some general rules of thumb for stat priorities for prot pallies. I have several 85s, including a warrior tank. I fell in love with pally tanking on this toon, and I just want to make sure I have everything in order for when I hit 85, and make sure I have a handle on any differences in stats from prot warriors. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks y'all :)Velvina5 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 They may have Death strinke but we have... Word of Glory: 115k most i've critted. How about you? What do you have that makes your beard shine with pride?Ath2 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Double Paladin Comps? 2200+? I'm just wondering if anyone is having success with Ret/Holy/x comps. I know with a DK last season it worked, but with the nerf to HoW crit chance I'm wondering how it fairs now. I'm running 2x Pally with a friend and Arms Warrior, but we're having trouble with cookie cutter Lock/Shaman/x comps and overall most teams with classes with a lot of control(Rogues/Hunters.) Also, I feel very squishy...even with 4400 resilience. The amount of damage I take from Rogues/Warlocks/Ferals is beyond retarded.Lawlbringer2 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Holy this patch. Mastery Crit or Haste Spirit? I just went back to Holy, so I havn't kept up with it.Maandrix7 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Expertise and Glyphing I can't get there with the gear I have on but lets say, theoretically that I could reach 26 expertise still reforging out of expertise. My question is, once I hit that point would the bigger dps increase be Glyph of Crusader Strike or Glyph of Judgement?Lolret7 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 PvE HPally Theorycrafting Pt.2 Sticky thread has reached post limit. I updated the section on specs.Lylthe187 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Ret Stat Priorities for 4.3 Hello Folks. This is my Ret Alt, which I do plan on raiding with in the future. What are my stat Priorities as a Retadin? When should I begin reforging to other things, etcetera? I know in the 4.1 guide it says "After a certain point" Crit becomes more valuble than Mastery, what is that point, for example? Just stuff I need to know for the future.Elgale1 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 I used to be ret... but then I took a dispell in the knee. Was bound to happen.Madawk16 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 how is ret this season? how are rets doing this season do they still get outshined by every other melee (short of enh shammys) or was the buff to sustained damage enough to make them useful?Drumman21 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Thoughts on this 3s team? About halfway through season 9, i got in my guild and became really good friends with a shadow priest and a Holy pally, we started a 3s team and we got to about 1750, would i have any hope of getting to 2200 or higher this season? or is this a bad 3s makeup? P.S. the shadow priest is not a noob, he is actually the best one on our realm, as for the Hpally, i have no idea because i have never played a healer.Ailion0 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Easiest way to get Tier 13 Judgement gear I'll admit that I have no clue on anything PVE. I have no gear or expereince. But I want the 2 piece judgement a and was thinking legs and shoulders. I understand the legs come from Yorshj and the shoulder from Hagara. What is the lowest level instance I would need to go into and easiest way to get it. I dont look forward to the nerd raging that has always turned me off to PVE so i want the simplest way to get those items. ThanksAgincourt11 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Expertise for Ret PvP? Never really thought about it. Should I be reforging my expertise into something else for Ret PvP?Sigmar10 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Ret Paladins please lend a Hand... of freedom when a rogue or warrior is trying to take a piece of filet mignon from my behind. Jjiggae13 Dec 13, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 HPally 4pc set Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew if they did change our 4 pc from 20% to 5%. I remember reading on MMO that they nerfed it to 5% a few weeks back but when i went to go look at the 4pc it still says 20%. So did they not go through with it? Or is it a typo? sorry couldn't change into my pally dont know why. and below is the hotfix The paladin tier-13 four-piece set bonus should now increase healing done by Holy Radiance by 5%, down from 20%. But like i said it wasn't change on the 4pc itself so is it just misleading or did they just choose not to change it to 5%Camulós1 Dec 13, 2011