Paladin

Dec 21, 2011 [Vengeance] 2handed Prot... Anyone tested out 2hander as Prot? I jumped into a pug BG and gave it a shot, but I was totally undergeared for it so my 3-second Crusader Strikes were only hitting for 35k crits with Vengeance. I didn't get a chance to test a weapon swapping macro so I could 2hander Crusader Strike then swap 1hander+shield for Shield procs. But iirc that triggers an additional GCD and a DPS/dmg loss. Anyone want to get crazy with me and test out some gimmick spec'd prot for BGs? Trignaak17 Dec 21, 2011
Dec 21, 2011 im surprised nobody has panic.. Ret has never been ina worst condition..Danix79 Dec 21, 2011
Dec 21, 2011 Need help with healing Heroics. Alright, i just hit 85 on this character today after leveling through Cata dungeons as Holy. I did fine in the dungeons and got compliments on how good my healing was, but as I got into Heroics I'm starting to have trouble. I've read the PvE guide to holy for 4.3, but I still can't get the hang of things. If I use DL or FoL my mana just starts to drop, and if I use HL I feel like I'm barely healing at all. I'm using HS every time it's up, and WoG if I have 3 holy power, but I just can't seem to keep people up. You can look at my armory, I know I don't have enchants but that can wait, I don't feel as if that would be the problem. Any help is appreciated.Lolwayne5 Dec 21, 2011
Dec 21, 2011 Ret Tier 13 2-Set Arena/PvP I've got the 2 set Tier 13 along with the 3 set PvP gear and I'm finding this bonus incredibly helpful, especially vs classes that can kite me such as mages and hunters. With the 2 set I still sit at 3900 Resil, down from 4500. Just opening this thread to discuss thoughts on using the tier 13 2 set instead of a 5 set. Post your preferences/thoughts.Kenlol3 Dec 21, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 S11, T13 Ret Gear Suggestion It has become apparent that the T13 Ret two-piece bonus (1 Holy Power on Judgement) is too good to pass up for PvP, which forces PvPers to do PvE in order to have the best PvP gear. In order to bring Ret gear in line with Blizzard's notion that players should not feel forced to do X in order to do Y, I suggest replacing the S11 Ret four-piece bonus (minus 1 second on Judgement cooldown) with the T13 Ret two-piece bonus.Sigmar5 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Low level paladin pvp Been pvp leveling on here and so far paladin seems to kinda suck.. I do good against melee but anything ranged and i cant close the gap they put on me.. and you dont gethands of freedom tell 52... does it get better then? also been rolling prot would ret be better for bg's? Thanks in advanced.Drunkentank5 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 How much crit for PVP holy pallis? Is ther a rough number i should be getting? or jus as much as possibleZaldrelia0 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Chest Enchant: PvP Holy Hey guys, which enchant should I go for? Peerless stats: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/52779 or Mighty Resilience: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/52758 In the process of gearing up this character for RBGs. Is 40 resilience worth more than +20 Int, Stam, etc?Dragonball1 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Crusader Strike There is probably a simple answer to my question, but i was wondering why when i'm Protection, Crusader Strike has a 3 second cooldown but when i am Retribution it is a 4.5 second cooldown. Any reasoning for that?Peêps12 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 After CTC cap - hit/expertise worthwhile? I've recently been able to hit cap, and I'm kinda wondering where to go now. With T13 2pc, and hopefully someday soon souldrinker, it seems like hit and expertise are beneficial to survivability. Has anyone run numbers to prove/disprove this? Or is stam the way to go for HM progression?Casavir8 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Exceeding CTC So now that we're easily surpasing CTC coverage, what now? Do we focus on stamina or should we focus on Parry/Dodge for more avoidance? My guild isn't great at progression (Only 6/8 so far in DS). Is it now just a comfort level for each stat? Any input would be lovely.Hombello17 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Ret Pally Rotation After many months of not playing my Ret Pally, I decided to play him again. I looked at the Forum sticky and found the following rotation: Inq > CS > HoW > Exo > TV > J > HW > Cons It has been so long since I have played my Pally, I am confused with this rotation. How do I start with Inquisition, when I need Holy Power to use it? What am I missing? Any help with my rotation wold be greatly appreciated. Spackey9 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Paladin 2s Help Hey paladins I'm currently in the process of leveling a Paladin alt with a close friend who plays a rogue. We want to do 2s together when I hit level cap. He's going to be playing as Subtlety and I'm willing to play as either Holy or Ret, whichever people think is best. We're not trying for super high ratings, just trolling around. If anyone could offer some insight I'd appreciate it. Thanks!Jaenk1 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Holy Avenger talent is everything but fun IMHO, this talent should be replaced. Its active for only ten seconds every five minutes. So, sure, it can give a great dps boost in situations you really need to burst, but mashing a single button for ten seconds every five minutes isn't cool at all. In comparison with Sanctified Wrath or Divine Purpose, this talent is lame. Sanctified Wrath gives the use of a new ability for 20 seconds, and the cooldown is fair (only 2 minutes). Divine Purpose gives the use of a strong ability at a random rate that we have to react and adapt everytime it procs. So what do you guys think ? Any suggestions to make this talent more fun or just any suggestions of a better talent ? PS: Sorry for my low level of english, it's not my native my native language. PS2: Despite my name, I am not mexican (even tought I have nothing at all agaisnt them).Gonzales4 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 ret arenas ok first of all im a prot pally whos going ret for arenas and i would like to know how to play ret in arenas and what ht best 2s and 3s partners would be, thanks!Rhovanion3 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Why are paladins pink? ITs the only thing i dislike about paladins, Make rogues black or gray and Paladins gold! and Im thinking of rolling a Paladin, BE or Tauren? ( seems like theres way too many Alliance Paladins in circulation atm)Daldiron19 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Are PvE Holy Paladins overpowered? Is it just me, or are Holy Paladins somewhat overpowered for PvE after 4.3? I'm not an amazing player, and I don't have amazing gear, but I regularly seem to top the healing/absorb chart, now, where I didn't before. We're still just as good at tank healing. Spammable Holy Radiance is amazing for AoE damage fights, especially in 25-man, and especially with haste effects. The change to the Judgement mana return means that I have a lot more global cooldowns available for actual healing. I still don't run out of mana, unless something bad happens to the other healers. I still have Aura Mastery, which is great for predictable raid-wide damage. At current gear levels, I'm not afraid to throw around a few Flashes of Light for those "oh s***!" moments. Which reminds me...I still have Lay on Hands, one of the few abilities that can, all by itself, prevent a wipe. While holy paladins tend to look down their noses at mastery, the 40% uptime on my (easy to get) Foul Gift of the Demon Lord means that I have a crapload of damage shields going out, so I tend to have a lot of absorbs, too. Or, am I not overpowered? Maybe I've just caught up with other healers, and I'm trying harder as a result? Or, am I just pissing off the PvP Holy Paladins, who lost a mobile, uninterruptable heal and a sprint?Sithra11 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Judgement Macro I was wondering if anyone could make a somewhat complex macro for judgement. Basically I want it to first priority hit my focus target, however if the target is not in range hit my current target (or a mouseover if current target doesn't work). Many thanksPainned2 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Drop stats to pickup 4 piece bonus? (HOLY) Simple enough question... After winning the helm tonight I now have LFR Lvl tier for my head, gloves and legs and am wondering if I should equip them and pickup 4 piece in light of the recent nerfs, or stick with the higher iLvl gear that has more stats? Hoping someone else was in a similar position and has done the maths, or there is a spreadsheet someone can link me please?Wigout0 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Open Libram X: Tirion Fordring Broke My Heart ... Inception of OL Post, better known as the "grandpa" thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592855173?page=1 Open Libram I: Paladin Weekend Edition - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2593006540 Open Libram II: Seal of Hairflip - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082210160 Open Libram III: Clad in the Light - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3229374440 Open Libram IV: Edge (Word) of Glory- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3280533103 Open Libram V: Of Flipping Tables and Hair - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3393370106 Open Libram VI: My Little Pally - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3430807753 Open Libram VII: Hammer of What - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3565946839?page=25 Open Libram VIII: Turkey Edition: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595375546?page=1 Open Libram IX: Go Go Pally Rangers!: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657610440?page=1 Libram Ponydins as drawn by Lobster: http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg The title is a reference to one of my favorite Paladin related quests. In Icecrown, It starts with Exploiting an Opening and ends with Tirion's Gambit. If you've never done it, I suggest you do.Boggyb500 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 prot pally lookin 4 critique how m I doing how r my stats etc my geer sux I knowTapion3 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 PALADIN - new talent suggestion holy paladin spec could possibly have this talent/passive ability or spell its just a suggestioned for upcoming expanison called holy Judgements which gives you the holy judgement spell which would be on the same cooldown as judgement. Holy Judgements (talent name) Rank 1/1 1171 mana 35yd range Instant Cast 12 sec cooldown Imbues the energy of a Seal to enlighten a friendly target. The friendly target then gains the powers of the seal currently being used by the caster. Lasts 5 sec Example of it would be if i were healing tank i could just use spell and it would give the tank my current seal being used for 5 seconds. so say if i was using seal of insight it would place a buff on the tank that would give each single target attack a chance to heal the tank for 1380 and restore 4% mana or give 4% rage or 5 runic power. thats just an example. Using holy judgement should also trigger Judgements of the Pure. Thank you for reading my suggestionDixtro3 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Glyphs for Prot. T13 2p 2pc Set: Your judgement ability now also grants a physical absorption shield equal to 25% of the damage it dealt. So shouldn't we glyph into Judgement which gives our judgement an additional 10% damage increase? /discuss pl0xSolistar8 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Best looking cloak for Judgement? Whats the best looking cloak to go with paladin's tier 2 set?Kaìne15 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 PALADIN- new talent/spell suggestion holy paladin spec could possibly have this talent/passive ability or spell its just a suggestioned for upcoming expanison called holy Judgements which gives you the holy judgement spell which would be on the same cooldown as judgement. Holy Judgements (talent name) Rank 1/1 1171 mana 35yd range Instant Cast 12 sec cooldown Imbues the energy of a Seal to enlighten a friendly target. The friendly target then gains the powers of the seal currently being used by the caster. Lasts 5 sec Example of it would be if i were healing tank i could just use spell and it would give the tank my current seal being used for 5 seconds. so say if i was using seal of insight it would place a buff on the tank that would give each single target attack a chance to heal the tank for 1380 and restore 4% mana or give 4% rage or 5 runic power. thats just an example. Using holy judgement should also trigger Judgements of the Pure. Thank you for reading my suggestionDixtro0 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Holy Pally DPS is /facepalm Wow, I tell ya, when I get into pvp, and I am healing my parties, all is well, people love me! But If I get into a 1 on 1 fight, I am toast. I can heal my self pretty well but my dps output is horrible. I cannot kill anything, which means I can heal my self till I am out of mana and then I am dead.. Woopie! Am I doing something wrong? I have looked online and also have used all my DPS spells like Judgement or Exorcism or Holy Wrath or Consecration or holy shock...wait that's it! These do not put out much DPS when health of some people are over 150k!! You cant see it now but I have all of season 10 gear...now working on 11, not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried everything I found on the internet with no result ;(Irritable16 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 ultraxion 10m last night tanking 10 man ultraxion i was asked to rotate CD's with off-tank. sp pop goes Devine Shield so i can stay out an take hour of twilight DK goes stays out on the 2nd one. here comes the 3rd one and oh no... DS is on CD... does anyone else use this method and what are you doing if you are... thanks in advance for replies...Aspxcoder8 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 paladin tank dps is too low I have three tanks and out of all of them my pally is buy fare the worst for single target dps my dk can put out so much dps single target , and my druid aswell, pally tanks need a dps increase, i know that ret can do nice for dps but the paladin tanks just dont. i have tanked for a long time now and my pally sucks for single target and is hard to keep up with dk's and druids in raids that are just as geared and are not more geared then I. Glorynight39 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Arena teams advice im looking to start doing 2s and 3s and im a prot paladin. what is the best partner to go with for a 2s team and what are two good partners for a 3s team, thanksRhovanion2 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 20, 2011 Ret PvP - How vital is T13 two-piece? Thread title says it all. How vital to Retribution PvP is the Tier 13 two-piece bonus? I really don't want to do Looking For Retar... er, raid in order to PvP well.Sigmar1 Dec 20, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 future 4.2 tanking Currently im going for unhittble on the combat tables 102, im at 85 and have been stacking mastery and it works great, but when 4.2 comes out there is less mastery gear wich will drop my block and lower my chances of getting unhittable. Where is there to go after 4.2 in the terms of what to gem for, what to chant for etc. Mooshock30 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 tanking class I want to level another tank, starting out fresh. Don't know if ill try to get BOA's for it yet. Im trying to decide if i want to go with another warrior, or try a pally. How are paladins as tanks and what are some of the advantages of going with pally over warrior, Ive only ever tanked with warrior. I dont think druid will be an option and not sure if i want to go with a DK. Any suggestions? What have you guys tanked with and what do you think i should go with?Juggernaugt6 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 get rid of holy radiance I believe Holy Radiance should be taken out of the game. This spell has ruined paladins made them put of silly numbers for aoe stacked healing. Paladins are not a raid healer and should never EVER be one. i know the new motto is every spec can do anything that spec would be required to do but seriously what's next? Rogues who can just constantly throw knives at one target 40 yards away and do more dps than an arcane mage? Mages who can function as an offtank? It's ok for a class to have certain weaknesses it's what seperates them from every other class. This spell should have never been put in the game (at least how it is now) and should be taken out. Rightouspie21 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 Plz Rate my Holy Pally I'm trying to gear up my pally for raiding. I'm looking for anyone that can give me some tips.Deimose4 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 Vindication Bug We have been having a problem over the last week with our pally tanks vindication debuff jumping to mobs 100 or more yards away and aggroing them, we pulled Zon-ozz 3 times while clearing his trash well out of normal aggro range and in Firelands last night while clearing trash we would suddenly get aggro on all the packs in a 200 yard area, this also happened numerous times while we were attempting Heroic Shannox, our Pally tank was tanking Shannox close to the middle of the area he is usually fought in by the entrance road and we were pulling mobs as far away as the pack of 8 to 10 hounds feeding on the corpse in the middle of the next area. In all cases the only debuff on these mobs when they pulled was Vindication Is anyone else having problems with this?Frostwulf0 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 Raid finder version of Gurthalak? So I just got Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps from a raid finder run, and I was wondering how it compares to the H shannox axe? I know the normal version is supposed to be the best until the H version, but from what I've heard about the poor proc rate on the LFR souldrinker, I'm wondering if it has a similarly poor chance to proc and whether its worth using it or just sticking with the H shannox axe until I get the normal version?Darthelmet7 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 Holy Pally OCD? So who else finds themselves still judging needlessly every 10 seconds?Clata12 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 quck hpally pvp question For pvp, wich is more important haste or crit? I've seen different things on different sites. Thanks for the helpVelden4 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 hi i need helo capping my ctc pls hi im new on tanking ( i have been healer all my life) and i need help capping my ctc because i dont even know the formula of that pls some helpDaldregin3 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 Pali Choice I am currently leveling a Paladin but not sure what to play in Talent wise. I have tried holy nice but takes a while to kill things. Ret looks fun but at the same time I want to do PVP. Protection just doesn't look interesting. Btw hes level 19Coreyhunter9 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 85 Ret Pally PvP Video 4.3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0GXRSTBo6QThrottlez5 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 dps question so i started getting gear for this char and i think i have the dps rotation perfectly, yet im only pulling 13k on dummy. i know im not gemmed/chanted but is that how much dps i should be doing? tyAngrytoast6 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 Holy Reforge for PVP I am trying to figure out how to reforge my gear to help with gameplay but can not find a source for 4.3 that is accurate. I checked Noxxic and it said to reforge into crit and spirit. But in saying that i find my haste levels are quite low - Is this how it should be for PVP? And then i have seen other guide and forums saying to just reforge into spirit alone but people say that regen doesnt matter as fights dont usually last long so crit/haste is best. And this has lead to confusion. Can anyone shed light on this for me?Photas8 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 New pally here... I am going to pvp with this toon, and I want to level Ret. Any suggestions? (I'm actually level 15)Bethayne1 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 ret pally pvp destroyed? so im assuming i cant go ret pally in random bgs and do decent, well not at my level at least. Quick question what level do ret/prot pallys become good in pvp?Rizadon49 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 What race should I be? Hey everyone, I know you all have heard this before problably but as you can see i am a Human Ret pally for the alliance. I want to make an additional pally but on the Horde side of things. But i have a delema. I dont know if i should be a Blood elf or a Tauren. What do you all think please let me know. Please base it off of significant factors too please.Jamesmisleh24 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 Holy Paladins Can holy paladins dual wield - Blessed Hammer of Grace ( Honor heirloom, spirit, stam, spellpower, mainhand ) ??Rainstorms5 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 Ret Solo Content I've been trying to push solo content lately, and managed to do fairly well, but id really like to start doing 80 raids, ive found MC, Kara, Mags, Tk (up to kael), AQ-20, are all becoming rather staple and simple to do. AQ-40, gruuls, and hyjal are good 2 mans. But im starting to wonder what is POSSIBLE. Anyone pushing sarth naxx and uld content? Im curious to see what the community and spec is capable of.Kookamønga10 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 Rate my pal plx. Rogue for 5 years. I quit this time last year and I'm back and casual. Ret Paladin lol. (getting impatient on D3 release) I made this character to stomp BGs and I've been doing so, having lots of fun. I see a lot of Ret Paladins going CRIT and WoG spec. I am HoJ/Mastery spec atm. Not only would I like to be rated, I'd like to hear the difference between these 2 specs and why you chose either spec. Much appreciated! *EDIT* I just reforged to get 8% hit as I am queuing LFG. So don't mind that.Fishcustard0 Dec 19, 2011
Dec 19, 2011 Solo MC/BWL/Naxx, lvl60 Raid Content. I wonder if it's possible for lvl85 prot paladin solo those 60 contents. I think I want the T1/T2/T3 for transmog. I don't know if I can do Naxx. I Iike T3 the most. Has anyone done it before ? Mind sharing some thoughts? Thanks.Chokness8 Dec 19, 2011