Paladin

Nov 30, 2011 Tank Weapon. Souldrinker Do we know anything about this yet? Because it kinda looks meh. And the CD has to be short for it to be worth much imo.Thorrin2 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 4.3 Holy Pally AoE healing rotation Holy Radiance -> Holy Radiance -> Holy Radiance -> Light of Dawn -> Faceroll I'm not even kidding.Nilathal0 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 New ret pally Priotization? With the changes to HoW, and judgements what is the new prio over everything? is it the same thing with HoW at the bottom of the list?Zetrov1 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 HoW vs Judgement with wings What has priory now when wings are up, with the new HoW nerf and the Judgement buff. Like I got everythign rolling I CS then I TV and if Exo isnt up should I be pressing Judgement or HoW?Livenn3 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Ret Pally Glyphs 4.3 With the buff judgement got as well as its priority in our rotation with the 2 set T13 has any one done the math to see if its worth getting Glyph of judgement over Exo now?Silverocean2 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Varothen's Brooch Hello fellow Paladins, I picked up Varothen's brooch and was wondering if it's a good trinket for ret PvE and PvP... ty for the advice!Morgraine3 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Any Class changes with this patch? Hello my fellow pallies. So the patch hit i see all kinds of new stuff, some really awesome stuff. But one question.. Did they change our class at all yet? or are they saving that for the expasion? If they did change stuff where i can get the list of changes? Thank you every one, Bruel10 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 So Hammer of wrath crit chance is only 6%? Why such a drastic change? 60% crit chance made Hammer of Wrath viable and useful. Now it barely hits higher than my Templar's verdict. Why must we have it nerfed?Gheus5 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 PvP Macro and Reforge Questions So last season my nuke macro had AW with GotAK and the pvp trinket. That with reforging entirely to crit allowed for some solid burst. With the nerf to HoW, is it better to combine the trinket and GotAK with zealotry and stack mastery? Gorkar1 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Question on trinket for holy I ended up getting Windward Heart tonight. Now I'm trying to decide which will provide better regen, Core of Ripeness or Darkmoon Card: Tsunami ? I was using core and was close to going oom fairly often, would tsunami be a better choice?Furiousg0 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Rosary of light How good is this trinket compare to AOK? Rosary of LightZaknafeind2 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 did i miss something ??? i dont recall anything but did something happen to prot..im getting crushed for some reason can anybody tell me why and thanks for your time looking over this -vid-Videli4 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 A few changes for Paladins in MoP Sorta my own wish list... and some questions i hope someone can answer. but.. most of these changes are wanted by everyone and should be in there already anyway. I'd like to see the healing reduction removed on Divine Plea. It's been a huge pita to have to cancel it every time I need to drop a heal. The original problem and WHY it was added in the first place was because in wrath paladins could pop it and just keep healing, it had a 1min CD then. it made "some" sense. but now that it doesn't restore 50% of your mana I would think it is time to remove the reduction. I'd also like to see the speed boost added to Divine Protection as baseline for all specs. I'd like to see something done with Consecration I need more details on how Veneration works. Does it move with you now? does it remove the effects if used after? Like freedom? Can we place consecration anywhere or is it still just under us? Would be great to see all Hand Spells at 40yards. Bubble and Hand of Protection at 3min CD to match the Warlock Bubble. Change the third final Tier Talent Divine Purpose to something better, just remove that RNG completely! Let Clemency reset the CD on Bubble as well Need an update for Acts of sacrifice, cause last i read. all dispels were going to have a 20something second Cd and remove everything. What is the point of this talent now? Missing the baseline haste buff from JotP, are we getting anything to counter it? It's fairly game breaking as it lowers the GCD by a lot in PvE where haste is extremely limited. What happened to Divine Favor? It has been a holy paladin staple since BC, removing it is silly, what is taking it's place? Burden of guilt should be in T1 and replace Pursuit of justice. Just remove Pursuit of justice, and make something better, because Long arm of the law and this don't even compare to Speed of Light. for any spec. What happened to Fist of Justice being a 30yard range? It really shouldn't be only 20 considering what the trade off is. I feel like Blinding Light is lack luster if that's the only thing paladins get in MoP. If the CD was much lower, 1min maybe 1.5 I could be content with it. but 3 for a 6 second blind is pretty long for a shiny new fun ability that's sooooooooo situational that it wont get much use outside of PvP. Will holy paladins being able hit boss targets somehow? or will holy need to gear for hit now to guarantee JotP Holy wrath damage needs to be raised and not have a target modifier, otherwise what is the point in wasting a cast for its aoe when it hits for 100dmg, you could auto attack and be much more effective. That or make it instant again with no CD, that would make it much more useful. GL getting a cast off with 20 something mobs on you. Where did all of holy paladins damaging spells go? We don't get Inquisition, Exorcism, or Hammer of Wrath? Who is leading your design team? someone smack him for the entire paladin community. Make sure he understands that MoP is a PvP expansion with Extreme emphasis on Factions and what not, leaving a spec with no offensive capability is just plain silly. What ever happened to the thing that made a holy paladin a HOLY PALADIN. You know for almost 4 years paladins had this image, and it was all about not having any push back while casting, and bubble. Now that you have removed Conc aura completely, what do we have left? I mean considering nothing in my above comments get looked and an considered.... paladin is pretty naked. and with that it's time for me to head on over to moon-guard and join my fellow naked single buddies in the Lion's Pride Inn, while I bubble myself and hope to fend off the drunkards. Good day! PS: Would love some second opinions on any and everything, don't be shy friends. You can review everything here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator#ba!Arche0 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 enemy of target auto select gone Hi, I used to select tank, and click the judgement, it will automatically select the target of tank and cast judgement on that enemy target. But seems this function is gone after I log on today. I am not sure it's a in-game setting or some add-on just not function any more? Does anyone know how to fix this? ThanksReleezee2 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Sanctified Wrath 4.3 - 1/3 or 3/3? - PVP Are 40 seconds reduced cooldown and 4% crit on HoW really worth 2 points? I'm trying thinking wether I should move these points. Could Sanctity of Battle be more valuable than one of those points? Maybe a second point on Acts of Sacrifice? Or maybe 2/3 is the best answer for you? Well, what do you people think? I like to see other people's opinions before coming to a conclusion, I hope this thread is useful for everybody. EDIT: I forgot to mention I meant PVP-wise.Edgeworth1 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 4.3 Patch Someone explain to me what about paladins makes us so OP? I play both PVP and PVE and I have yet to find a reason why our class takes more nerfs to things that make our class better. then pretty much any other class in the game. (Bolded areas are things i'd like an answer to.) Holy Radiance now has a 3.0-second cast time Why? What about Holy Radiance if so OP that it now needs to be interupted?, no cooldown, and requires a player target. That target is imbued with Holy Radiance, which heals them and all group members within 10 yards instantly, and continues to heal them by a smaller amount every 1 second for 3 seconds. Seal of Insight, when Judged, no longer returns 15% base mana to the paladin. Judging Seal of Insight still causes damage, and melee attacks will still restore 4% of base mana. Seal of Truth, when Judged, now benefits from a multiplier of 20% per stack of Censure, up from 10%. Talent Specializations - Holy - Clarity of Purpose now also reduces the cast time of Holy Radiance. - Illuminated Healing (mastery) now also applies to Holy Radiance. - Infusion of Light now applies its cast time reduction from Holy Shock critical effects to Holy Radiance, in addition to its current effects. - In addition to providing haste, the effect from Judgements of the Pure now increases mana regeneration from Spirit by 10/20/30% for 60 seconds. - Light of Dawn now affects 6 targets (base effect), up from 5. - Paragon of Virtue now lowers the cooldown of Divine Protection by 15/30 seconds, up from 10/20 seconds. - Speed of Light no longer triggers from Holy Radiance and no longer lowers the Holy Radiance cooldown. Speed of Light now only triggers from Divine Protection. Every other class has away to get away from melee classes, lets take that away from paladins aswell. - Tower of Radiance, in addition to its current effects, now also causes Holy Radiance to always generate 1 charge of Holy Power at all times. - Beacon of Light is triggered by Word of Glory, Holy Shock, Flash of Light, Divine Light and Light of Dawn at 50% transference and Holy Light at 100% transference. It does not transfer - Holy Radiance, Protector of the Innocent or other sources of healing. <strong/> Retribution - Sanctified Retribution now increases the critical hit chance of Hammer of Wrath by 2/4/6%, down from 20/40/60%. A Paladin can barely do any damage unless they have all there CD's popped and half the time our wings are dispelled ANYWAYS. - Two-Handed Weapon Specialization (passive) now increases damage by 25%, up from 20%. Glyphs Glyph of Light of Dawn now lowers the number of targets to 4, instead of increasing targets to 6, but increases healing by 25%.Mercûry19 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 My Hair is too Fantastic 2 I'm only lvl 52 and already my hair is so amazingly fantastic..what will I be like at 85 /gasp/head toss to the side /hairflipHalonn67 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 4.3 is NOT that bad. Stop QQing. I am tired of hearing "LOL ZOMG WINGS NERF COME ON BLIZZ WHY YOU HATE US" Yes. Yes our wings got nerfed. 54% less crit on wings. Now lets look at the buffs, which none of you want to mention: 5% flat increase on weapon damage This goes for Auto Attacks Crusader Strike Templar's Verdict (which hits like a truck) Not to mention your mastery (you have been stacking mastery for pvp right?) which also benefits from this flat increase. This is a really nice buff. 10% AP buff (20% BoM) This benefits everything, thanks to SP->AP. So you get a nice bonus to ALL your abilities from this. 20% benefit from censure stacks on judgement, up from 10%. This is the smallest of the buffs. But its still nice. TLDR: Stop QQing. 4.3 will be fine. Most of you probably never played ret during vanilla anyway (when it was actually bad)Irreligion35 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Grand Marshal's Set NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Why u no transmog?!Gilley3 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Any current Ret guides? I was wondering if there are any updated ret guides? Or if anyone can check my gear/gems/enchants for some reason, my dps seems a bit low in Fire Lands... it is either good or so-so depending on the fights, but I think it should at least be like 15k... only seems to do good with a lot of procs. I have to be missing something...any help would be great. And I know I am not the best geared and probably could use better gear...this is more an alt...Darremercy3 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 LOD vs divinity im debating on switching out glyph of light of dawn for divinity. at first lod seemed like an obvious choice for 10man but the fact that every single fight in ds has the whole raid stacked up it doesn't seem like it matters all that much. divinity would just be an extra 10% mana per boss fight.Derindel0 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 FINALLY, LoD transfers to Beacon Great day for Holy Pallies! Maybe it's actually worth taking now.Richbutnaked4 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 quick question so looking at talent was wonder. what u guys think after getting 2 set prot of getting abiter of the light over rule of law. since our judgement will give us a shield. but the crit chance to word of glory is nice. but idk what do u guys thinkLonefighter0 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 great news everybody! pallies finally have titans grip check it out! http://s1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd438/iliriel227/?action=view&current=WoWScrnShot_112911_145010.jpgIliriel3 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Should I still roll a Holy Paladin? Currently have a Ret Paladin but wanted to do some healing. Are Holy Paladins still viable PVP healer?Stryper3 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 How do you strafe (Q and E normally)... If you only have arrow keys binded? I've seen lots of times where people have their whole keyboard bound, and they are moving with (i presume) their arrow keys, and they are circle strafing while casting spells. Am I just missing something? :PAlarmz18 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 How do I deal high damage as a prot paladin. Well, Ive been running some ZA dungeons and I see feral druid tanks hitting 16-18k dps. Its insane. Ive only ever been at max able to hit 12k dps on an aoe tank fight. I am interested in doing more then 6k dps. So i am here to see how. My hit is 1.27% and my exp gets to 13. How do I deal high amounts of damage? What is the prot paladin damage rotation. What do I do stat wise to increase my damage I do? I often have dps pull off me at the start of the fight. That I contribute to the fact that Our only Tricks of the Trade is spammed on dps right away so they get threat and increased damage. Please help.Mizume33 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 So when shall I use the new Holy Radiance? So when do I use the Holy Radiance? Surprisingly, only ppl within 6 yards get full effect. If only 2-3 people will get affected, I guess Divine light with Beacon is better. The old HR is instant with bigger range, I cast and ran into melees, position my self smartly. Now what, I need to run into melees first (which is also 10 yard near the boss), and cast a 2.5 sec spell (10 yard near the boss), doesn't sound like what a healer or any caster should do. I guess I would not use it in 5 men unless everybody packed together. Light of dawn is also a joke, WOG+beacon+POI beats it every situation except topping people when they are already 90% full health. Especially WOG has 30% chance not using holy power, 60% more chance to crit heal a player lower than 35% total hp.Releezee5 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Scrolling Combat Text Anybody else use an addon for this? Currently I use Parrot, I have previously used SCT and MSBT. It took a lot of getting used to at first and while I like it now, I feel like there is a lot of pointless word and number spam all over my screen especially in pvp situations. I'm sure I can greatly limit what it outputs but I'm thinking of just getting rid of it altogether and getting something like NiceDamage to change the font of the normal damage/healing numbers. Just wanted to see what other opinions were on combat text addons and whether they've ultimately helped or been more of a nuisance.Kurae1 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Such a shame Can't use the models of the level 60 pvp gear and the 2h sword =/. Loved the look on my pally.....Vanthalos1 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 ret pally. Are they viable/wanted in PvE. I've really wanted to get into raiding and i'm not sure if there's a high demand for rets...Kangxxi10 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 We aren't shining anymore... I don't get it, somehow warriors, Dk's, and bears always have more health then me even if I have much better gear then them. Face it, pallies are losing their shine, Low health and the mastery is the worst out of all of the other tank mastery (my opinion)Blite20 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Glyph of Seal of Insight I really wish they would have changed the way Seal of Insight worked for this patch, rather than waiting until MoP to change it. Such a waste of a glyph spot when the 5% bonus healing could be tied in already.Salesh2 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Ret Tier 13 Matchups What to use, what not to use. I'm kind of dissapointed with our tier helm although I understand (slightly) why they did it that way. Really isn't much base expertise on any of our gear. The offset helm is worse in my opinion so I suppose we'll all go with the tier. Anyways. What pieces of gear do you all plan to take from valor/Dragon Soul? There seems to be more mastery on the Dragon Soul pieces than the valor pieces. I guess it'll all be clearer once it's all in front of us. Along with the helm, I'm wondering about our shoulders. The shoulders off of Deathwing provide more mastery. Maybe we would take these? Here's a list of what I plan to use from Dragon Soul: Weapon - Experimental Specimen Slicer Bracers - Rockhide Bracers Belt - Runescriven Demon Collar Boots - Treads of Crushed Flesh *Shoulders* - Backbreaker Spaulders - possibility? Ring - Curled Twilight Claw Ring - Breathstealer Band Trink - Eye of Unmaking Trink - Creche of the Final Dragon Here's a list of what I plan to use from Valor: Relic - Gutripper Shard Back - Dreamcrusher Dr ape (T_T) Neck - Necklace of Black Dragon's Teeth Well. This is all I have to go on for now. All of this is probably going to change, but what are your thoughts?Ranelle0 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Crusader Strike / Holy Power Generation Ok... I don't think I'm crazy, but lately I'm finding that I'm hitting Crusader Strike and it's not giving me an application of Holy Power. Or when I have Zealotry up, I hit Crusader Strike fully expecting to see a full three holy power appear... and nothing. Is anyone else seeing this? It happened to me today multiple times in a single fight... and it's getting very annoying. Is this something known? I've done some researching online and on the forms and haven't seen it mentioned.Saralond13 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 4.3 ret BiS. Anyone seen any yet? or care to make one:)?! i'll let you touch my hair.Livenn3 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Sunwalkers in T13 (Tauren paladins) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENVG4XcMA90 Sunwalkers!! You finally don't look outta place in armor!! You look pretty legi to me!! :D Lightsworne7 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Face it, Ret is always going to be subpar! We're too attractive to players, the heavy armor, the heals, the knight in shining armor, all recipe's for our population to get out of control when we're up to par with other classes especially with our DPS spec. Even when our population drops we'll still be sub par. why? Our players have had to step up their game to do the same things as other classes while having less to work with. Whenever the playing field is level we're going to be seen as overpowered because our players are better then a large part of the other classes players because they have had to be better. Asking for changes in our class forum are going to lead to heartbreak and malice, as we will always be left to rot in the corner. If you want to make a impact at least try to do it on the PTR or MoP forums, and if you have a catchy title you might get enough people to read it and forward it onto a GM who may skim over it. Lets be real, we’re still dealing with mostly the same people who kept hybrids in the healer cage during vanilla, you can’t ask for much and you can’t expect anything unless you enjoy getting spat in the face by CM’s. Be reasonable for what your asking of the GM’s, no we’re not going to be transformed into Superman and throw one eyed sharks with laser beams on their heads at people, because that will be reserved for another class. Ask for things that we already have to be tweaked and available to all spec’s as that’s much easier to do then what some people are asking for. You need to realize you are competing with other classes for attention and insistently whining without hard math and other solid proof to back up your claims will cause your kicking and screaming to fall on deaf ears. When it comes down to it if you don’t like how we are you should consider rerolling. There are other classes that could use your representation and ideas for them and their players and not being smacked in the face with the nerf bat would certainly increase your contribution to the community and game as whole. Everyone needs to realize that this is a game. You play it for fun! If your feeling so angry at blizzard for not balancing your class properly that you need to spit a steady stream of vitriol from your mouth then you should quit. Its not about your class anymore, its about you and having a negative effect on those around you. Tell me what you think about my post and my ideas, I have started drinking coffee again since I stopped playing much and I get crazy during the peak of my caffeine high. I also want my character to be a plush and quest giver for Christmas.Kissieaz19 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 4.3 Holy Builds? I'm just getting back into WoW after not playing since shortly after 4.0 came out, so I'm totally lost, truth be told. Could anyone point me in the right direction of holy 5-man pve and bg builds for tomorrow?Aberuk5 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Holy Paladin PvE and PvP usage help Hi! I've just went back playing my old paladin which I played back in 2008 and a lots have change since then like there's a bar with holy power in it below my lifebar and I don't even know what it is hehe. I'd like to have some good advice, on how to use a holy paladin in PvP AND PvE, and also is it the right tree for tanking/pvp, I don't really want to heal since I already have a priest for that. Any advice is welcome! Thanks!Spunkter3 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 PvP Video - Last days of big HoW crits Consistent ones, at least. Last hurrah during 4.2: http://www.youtube.com/user/lawltheret Hoping for bigger Verdict's during 4.3 with the 5% melee damage increase and buff to BoM. Lawlbringer1 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Gnome paladins=win. Can you please make them? All right, so they can be priests, why can't they be paladins, too? Seems they're starting with the light and stuff, I think you should start having them be paladins. In -my- opinion, I think gnomes look adorable in paladin gear. So please, blizzard. Give them a chance? :> If it wasn't for the dk's, they'd only have one plate wearing class. *Falls to knees at your feet and cries* PLEEEASE, BLIZZARD!! P.S. Gnome paladins=win. Thanks.Maemee60 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Problem with ret pally pvp I think the main problem with ret pallys right now is their gap closer. Why you ask? Well I'll explain. All of the melee have a gap closer that instantly catches up to the target (death grip, charge, feral charge, shadowstep, etc), except ours. Ours is a sprint that can only be used if the target is far away. This leaves the point that we can be slowed to normal speed during and are not automatically caught up with the player we're chasing down. When classes like a warrior catch up with charge to a ranged, that ranged is forced to use a cd to get the melee off of themselves, and the warrior gets at least a few good hits on them. That's just what I've noticed while trying to get into pvp and I wanted to see if others agree.Wanacomplain13 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 How is my Build? I have just come back to WoW after a long break and had a look at some Prot Builds and i came up with this with this build. I will be doing some pvp and questing. Please comment on it and let me know if I need to change something. Also what should I be reforging too. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZGMhcRddRRucbu:zsodqRmzc ThanksRahotep5 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Ret Bring back wrath of the lich king ret please and thanks. TV can take the place of divine storm. cool beans, ret will be good again. But this is just for arena, how bout you make the ret pvp spec the way wrath had it, then for pve you can bring it back to your new horrible way, just make it cost 20g or something? perfect.Danret6 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 A upset Paladin I went though all 4.2 and I never received my 4 piece T12. I raid a late night 10 man group. from my experience was 80% of the time it was Druid/DK and the other 20% was Shammy Warrior. I hope in 4.3 that Paladin/Priest/Warlock tokens drop more often during my raid experience. I never got to compete with top end HPS/DPS. Your's Truly -A upset Paladin.Archaelin26 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Which trinkets? Completely unbuffed, I'm sitting at: 135k HP, 116k MP 8499 SP, 20.24% Haste 4782 Mana Regen/2976 Combat 16.96% Crit, and mastery doesn't matter. Oh, and 2778 Spirit. Now that's wearing Darkmoon Card: Tsunami and Vibrant Alchemist Stone. Which trinkets should I wear if my choices are between those two and Jaws of Defeat. I know the intellect bonus from the Jaws is amazing, but I'm not so sure about having to worry about an on-use trinket. With the upcoming change to our regen tomorrow, would it not be best to use the card with the Jaws? Or does the mana regen buff only benefit from our base spirit, like Mana Tide?Salesh1 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Reasonable amount of.. Question: whats a reasonable amount of crit for pvp ret pallys. Read the guide saw allot of different armories. some stack crit some mastery most however dont change any stats at all... (baddies) 5% magic number or ?Lenord4 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 So, with /hairflip finally being implemented ingame (Blinding Light), what should each race flip on their /me macro? No Brainers Male Blood Elves - hair Male Dwarves - beard I don't really know Draenei - tentacle flip? Tauren - beard too? mane? Also I'd make a comic with a BE pally using speed of light + HoF to get in the middle of an enemy group in a BG, then flipping his hair and everybody going blind (*I can't see!* *Too awesome!* *It's... beautiful!*), but I my drawing abilities suck.Edgeworth9 Nov 29, 2011
Nov 29, 2011 Looking for pally feedback For an idea I had on how to improve ret. I originally posted over on the Mists forums, and would like some more pally feedback. Thank you. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3595675937 It is a fairly long thread.Dremall0 Nov 29, 2011