Paladin

Jan 21, 2012 Prot stat help Ok, so I have been trying to wrap my head around this whole CTC thing and I am a little lost. I keep being told to go mastery heavy and leave other parry and dodge alone. I am also told the hit and expertise caps are no longer required. My problem is, if I reforge to mastery from hit, I lose aggro wars with well geared DPS. If I keep the hit cap I take way more damage and healers complain. Looking at my gear and spec, is there anything I can do with what I already have to improve my tank-a-bility? I know I need gear upgrades, but I am mainly looking for guidance on where to go from here stat wise to help make me easier to heal and run with.Xerrxes3 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Professions.. So I will be leveling and ultimately PvP'ing as a Prot paladin at 85. What spec/professions should I take up?Bratva11 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 INQUISITION POP WINGS OMG!!!!!! 8k exorcism crit. Reticence25 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 is holy broken or am i broken? somehow i doubt my whole 2 chain mail items i have instead of plate is the problem but its like i have a serious lack in the int. department, i was just healing a regular vortex pinnical and after a while im starting to realize SOMETHING is broken i should NOT have to spam FOL and go OOM in 8 casts just to keep the tank alive all the while the DPS are all sitting at 15% hp. someone explain if the inst is broken maybe the tank or if im just broken, anyother way SOMETHING needs to be fixed. and dont tell me to use that AOE HOT heal we have now because iv come to realize that it is useless as !@#$, i would LOVE to use divine light instead of FOL but its just not fast enough, and holy light is laughable and i can only really see it being used as a top off heal.Velfair21 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Help with heals on Ultraxion So this is my first time healing in probably six months or so, and I thought I'd gotten myself warmed up with a few heroics and the raid finder under my belt, but last night my guild called upon me to heal Ultraxion and I got my face eaten. So two questions: 1: Am I geared enough to be able to handle that fight (10-man, two healers)? I realize that I'm missing enchants and my shoulders are outdated, but provided I remedy that, do you think I'd be able to handle it? 2: How do you go about healing a fight where that much damage is incoming? I always feel like I'm burning too much mana being forced to use my big, expensive heals rather than the efficient Holy Light and Holy Shock. Should I be that concerned about mana conservation or simply focus on trying to keep everyone alive? Thanks for any advice you can provide!Utopia4 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Ret mana I cannot go a single boss fight without ooming and this is without using consecrationAxeliart14 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Do we really still want gurth? So from what I understand, even post nerf, gurth is still the theoretical top DPS weapon, but I've been kind of second guessing using the sword for 2 reasons. 1. Checking recount after beating on a dummy for several trials (usually around 10 minutes) and some raid attempts, its only coming out to like 5-8% of my damage most of the time compared to it's pre nerf 10ish%. 2. I've been considering just how random it is. When it does proc, its fun to see all the damage it puts out, especially with multiple tentacles up, and on a patchwerk fight like ultraxion it doing high overall damage over the course of the fight is fine, but if it doesn't proc when you need burst, its practically wasted. For instance, when working on a fight like H hagara, or H spine, the only time your DPS really matters is for a small window of burst. If my tentacles don't proc for those periods, then they're effectively wasted, and having extra mastery/crit would have been a huge boost to my zealotry/AW burst. So what do you think? Is it really worth it continuing to use gurth? Especially considering the piece I'd replace it with would probably be a normal weapon since our guild isn't currently working on any of the bosses that drop 2h on H yet.Darthelmet16 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 The future of Rets is promising! Judgements generate holy power and increase damage dealt to affected target by 4%. Autoattacks proc for increased attack speed of next 3 attacks. HoW generates holy power. Divine Protection makes us more survivable against casters. Blinfing light is an aoe disorient. BoM gives 5 mastery (can be bad in arena w/ no abominations might, good in some bgs with another person giving +20 ap). And Awesomly powerful Tier 6 talents. Who else is liking the future of ret paladins? Doesn't make us OP (unless you're in holy avenger form...winning) but these buffs deffinetly don't hurt.Mukara19 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 (Ret) [2] T13 Question. (2): Your Judgement ability now also generates 1 Holy power. >Compared to crusader strike, The time the holy power actually rolls in is delayed from when i cast it / and or see the damage output. >Does the power roll in as soon as you: A) Cast B) Deal damage ( via judgement ) C) Or when the animation is finished. I doubt it is due to latency due to crusader strikes comparison.Nebø2 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Blessings in groups Maybe a silly question, but how can I have blessing of might on myself, when everyone in the group wants blessing of kings? It says you can only have 1 blessing at a time, and a blessing will affect all party members.Marbarus4 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Finally back to paladin Basically a fresh 85, I just need your help in making a decision in what to do choose.. How is Pali tanking going for DS? also for PvP, how is ret going? edit: Didnt mean to post twice.. Sorry.Istanbüll1 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Tanking Trinkets in DS I've been looking to upgrade my trinkets but I have been having a hard time finding the information I am looking for in regards to current trinkets. Right now I am still using the Mirror of Broken Images coupled with the Stay of Execution. I recently acquired Resolve of Undying from the LFR (my actual DS drops have been very meh for me despite killing Deathwing for weeks now.) And I was looking to see how I may calculate that into my avoidance as well as what other tanks are looking at using for their secondary trinkets. Personally I find the trinket from VP to be -very- underwhelming because excluding Blackhorn and Zonozz, I don't feel as if having a truckload of dodge at the ready is valuable. The SoulShifter Vortex feels, at least to me, as if it is aimed more towards Bears or DK's as going over the block cap doesn't really give us paladins any sort of benefit. Indomitable Pride sounds good on paper but I have been reading a lot about getting poor use out of it due to a small amount of damage pushing us over edge and then putting the trinket on its internal cooldown. I see use for this trinket on the Madness fight itself for sure on impales but not a lot past that. Is the loss of the AMS from Mirror of Broken Images really worth it for what feels like a teir of very underwhelming trinkets for us paladins. I struggle most with magical damage, as we all do, so I like to be able to mitigate large amounts of it on command. I figure Resolve of the Undying is a good pair with this but again, I don't know how to calculate the dodge rating into my 102.4% cap without pushing myself too much over it. I appreciate any advice that can be sent my way as I am still a baby tank, only having been tanking since about the beginning of Firelands, perhaps some of you more knowledgeable tanks can give me some insight as to your feelings about this tier of trinketsAelean4 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Ret Pallys and HoT Dungeons I run the HoTs on my main weekly for Valor and because I like them but I have never seen a Ret in one yet. Always a Prot or Holy pally. This is an alt but besides my main this is my favorite class/spec combo to play. I was wondering if Ret was viable in the new dungeons or was the nerfs from earlier in xpac a lil too much for the spec? I tried End Times but couldn't get past Shade of Sylvanas (RNG luck sucks for me). I realize that fight is hard on any melee class. Just curious if anyone else has the same problem or if I just suck that bad. AND yes, I know that I am missing enchants and tinkers on my gear and need to up grade some pieces. I'm working on that.Darksied9 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 stacking crit over mastery So ive recently decided to forge crit>mastery going from ; 7%crit to 10% 14 mastery to 11 also changed my apparatus to bone link and went 40s hoj to wog testing it now in random bgs and while on paper and mentally im telling myself this is the faceroll spec it sure does feel better overall. Just wondering how much dmg do you sacrifise on a TV swing with 3 whole points of mastery lost, doesnt seem too noticeble couldnt be more than thousands of dmg at best, so is mastery completly overated as a go to stat then ?Deeznuutz14 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Best 2v2 and 3v3 comps for new Holy Pally? Hey guys, I've recently geared up my holy pally (full vicious + 378 wep) with the intention of it being my main pvp toon. I'd like to know what comps in 2v2 and 3v3 have the greatest potential with a holy pally. I've never arena'd as a pally before so I'm not expecting to lol my way to 2200, but I'd like to know what comps will make the arena learning process easiest. Also, if anyone has any guides/tips/advice/trolling they'd like to send my way, I'd appreciate it (minus the trolling).Evilhomer4 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 pally mana rotations what are some mana rotaions i should use when i go oomHealidian10 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Conviction > Divinity? I have noticed in several threads that many "pvp specs" will leave out divinity but will have conviction. Am I missing something here? As far as I can tell, even though you can get a 9% heal/damage as opposed to a 6% healing buff (only after critting 3x), conviction is a dispellable proc based off crits as opposed to divinity, which is always on and undispellable. Additionally, divinity has the bonus to any heals you recieve, whereas conviction doesn't give any benefit from heals from other players. Of course, you could have both anyway, but I see many paladins with only 2/2 Eternal Glory in the Protection Tree for pvp specs, and for 3/3 crusade and 2/2 improved judgements in retribution. Its not a required talent to get 31 points in holy either. Or are holy paladins just using it as a fluff buff to get dispelled against their other buffs, since 6% or 9% by itself isn't necessarily going to save anyone anyway?Ebarmarley4 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 Holy Paladin Main Hand Weapon Enchant Hey there paladins Long story short, I did some arena when horde got paladins first in burning crusade and then i stopped, just started again this week for fun and got the pvp gear, what is a good pvp enchant for a holy paladin who is not too serious about arenas I hope you understand what I mean, i know there are a ton of new enchants and kind of confusing, if you know one or have one in mind let me know please. Thanks.Draxxlane3 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 21, 2012 RET CLC questions? Ive been using this addon for a couple days now and I now have my 2pc t13 and was wondering if I need to change something in the addon for the new priority rotation?, since it changes a little bit with the 2pc t13? Or if it automatically can detect the change in set bonuses that would be great but I dont think it is, also it seems to have HoW way to high up on the priority list since it got nerfed soo much. thanks in advancedØptimus6 Jan 21, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 prot pally seeking advice hey all. i was hoping someone could check out my armory and let me know if im doing anything wrong gear/spec/gem/reforge-wise i know i need to update the majority of my gear, but i want to be sure im doing the best i can with what i have currently. Looloo2 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Am i geared? Enough for raid finder dragon soul. My item lvl says i can get in it but im not 100% sure. and i dont wana cause whipes over stupid reasons. then again i probly will over not knowthing the fights anyways. but thats how we learn lolVarindran4 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Holy PvP Trinket Recently started playing and gearing my Holy Paladin again, and I just have the trinkets left; So my question is What is the current BiS trinkets for Holy Paladins in PvP~? PvE (non heroic) included as well.Streamline1 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Paladin Talent examples Hi, I started another post but it was a bust. All I need is some talent suggestions for Holy, Protect and Ret builds. Can anyone supply those examples? ChastainChastain6 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Holy Radiance question I don't fully understand Holy Radiance. I should spam HR on different people in the same stacking position in order to maximize heals? Spamming HR on the same target = less heal output? How long should I wait to cast the next HR spell? Less than 1 second? Or after 1 second, or wait till the HR ticks are gone?Inaudax4 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 ret / rogue 1800's 2's Ok have a 2's team with my dk and a solid arena player rogue friend. we got to 1800 as blood/rogue but switch to frost and undead and the bottom fell out of the team. we went froim ebing 51 -20 to now we lose 2 for every 1 we win. problem is non blood dk just gets steamrolled and rogue can only offer so much protection. He suggested ret for me. Thois seems to me to be the same problem i had with frost dk except the bubble. Do rets have surviveability after bubble/ ty in advanceConstantinne4 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Holy pallies in PvP... Lol. Balance at it's finest.Bearkwon6 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Holy Paladin PVP Spec/Gems/Glyphs/Chants Hello Paladin forum! I have always played ret on this paladin, but have recently begun filling out my holy set so I can more easily get a spot on arena teams and RBGs, and I just realized - I have no idea what stats are important for holy pallies except for intellect and stamina! Any help from an experienced holy paladin pvp healer would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!Azmoten1 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 PVE Strength Trinket for PVP Which of the following would you choose for PVP and why? -Eye of Unmaking -Creche of the Final Dragon -Bone Link Fetish all normal mode. ThanksAgincourt15 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Hey Hallmark!!!! Have liked your posts and have looked at your spec and have a few questions: -I have tried to stay around 4000 Resilience with the 2 piece bonus but notice you are only at 3300 which is the lowest i have seen. How has this affected you and what have you noticed in terms of survivability? -Gurthalak was a dog for me and rarely procced. Why are you using it? -I see you glyph expertise but most pVP Rets say it's uselessAgincourt10 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 beacon of light does beacon heal for 150% when it is on the tank and you are healing the tankBasal6 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Heroic Ultraxion 25 - Holy Paladin tips/advic Here are our logs for tonight - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pmy1kmtlie8qnmuc/?enc=wipes&boss=55294 We've gotten this boss to like 1.5% or something silly, but the healing at the end of the fight is just too much. I don't know if it's because we aren't healing "enough", we aren't utilizing cooldowns properly, or something else. Please review the logs above and give any advice/tips you can share! Here is our furthest attempt on that night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pmy1kmtlie8qnmuc/sum/healingDone/?s=7656&e=8023 Thanks!Democles5 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 holy pvp build ok so iv trolled the forums some and havent found any thing so im wondering if any 1 could help me make a holy pvp build?Pickola1 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Ability help Ok so my action bar in a dungeon consisted of Auto Attack, Crusader Strike, Judgement, Seal of Righteousness, Hammer of Justice, Holy Light, Avenger's Sheild, Hand of Reckoning, Exorcism, Blessings of Kings, Gift of the Naaru, and Redemption. I'm a lvl 23 Draenei Protection Paladin and my abilites were in that order. From 1 to = and I'm wondering if maybe I should of had different abilites. I mean I do pretty well with this set of skills but maybe their is a better set that I could use.Delcroix2 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Confusion on CTC Why is 102.4% the magic number? Should it not be 97.4% because of the 5% chance for any raid boss to miss? Or is it that I'm missing something? Can anyone clear this up for me?Sintiay5 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Healer I love doing casual PvP, like... mainly just BGs for fun. But I would love to do arenas at some point. Anyway, after I gear up this toon and whatnot, I was thinking about rolling a PvP healer. I'd use THIS toon for that, but I hear resto druid is pretty much dead for PvP. So my question is, should I level a resto shaman or a holy paladin for PvP?Jushushin2 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 20, 2012 Fix the Paladin this is bull if the driud and A freaking DK can heal when they are IN the middle of a fight, take the restrictios off the Lay of hand if i shield I should be able to use if , if I am trying to heal in a fight , should get intrupid, like a druld can heal as he is fighting , IF I cant they shouldnt either, and NO toon shoould be able to cast and or spell you when they are running away from you , that is Bull I cant hit and or damage any thing facing away fronn the targe what is up with that?Fozz3 Jan 20, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Ret PvE 2 pc viability in PvP? Would it be a benefit to use the T13 2 pc bonus in pvp? The 4 pc pvp bonus doesnt seem like its that great, yeah the strength is nice, but would having that extra holy power, as opposed to judgements 1 second earlier, be better. The only downside I can think of is the loss of the resilience from what ever pieces you replace (I currently have the LFR shoulders and chest) Thoughts?Kabrek3 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Pursuit of Justice on Protection Builds (PvE) I've seen several Prot Builds with 2 points in Pursuit of Justice, which i don't see the real point. Can someone explain me precisely what does it benefits, either the extra holy powah or the +speed increase that makes it worth along with encounter situations where it is good?Aoii6 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Pally Tank Getting trucked, Help Plz. Alright, So I'm having trouble tanking DS on my pally where both my warrior(Fevand) and druid(Skorkin) tank have little to know problems tanking in DS. For example yesterday my warrior did 6/8 not anything really amazing but my pally was getting destroyed on Morchok, Zon'ozz:. I know Zon'ozz hits hard but even with a DP(glyphed), and Mirror for every Psychic Drain my healers were still struggling to keep me alive, even with me saving a 3 point WoG for a GbtL bubble just before Psychic Drains. So I guess what I'm trying to get at is pally tanking just not what is was in FL or does my warrior and druid tank just out gear my pally so much that I would notice such a big difference from tank to tank. Also if I'm doing something wrong with my pally plz tell me.Talami12 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Holy trinkets. BIS? Hiya. What are the 2 BIS trinks for holy pallies? Thank you!!!Bùbblèosèvèn23 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Is there a way for 100% damage reduction? I think there is, but I am not sure. This way does NOT include Divine Sheild. You need two things, according to my theory: a disc priest and a paladin (any spec will do). So if the pally uses Blessing of the Ancient Kings (50% reduction) and Divine Protection (20% reduction) while he stands under the Priest's Power Word:Barrier (30% reduction) he should take absolutely no damage. I am not sure about this, and I would like someone to confirm it, I can't find any priests or pallies who want to help me. Thank you for your help.Thull7 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 New to Ret... HALP! Hey hey everyone, I am just looking for a little guidance in ret...You know, stat priority/rotation-ish...etc I've been prot since pre-wotlk, so I'm definitely not new to the class, but I am new to the spec. I downloaded CLCRet, and started to learn the priority rotation so to speak, but one thing I've noticed, it doesn't tell you about CD management, and I'm honestly not sure what to pop when/first --> last. Any friendly guidance would be highly appreciated. Thanks!! P.S. If you look at my armory, I know I don't have enchants at this moment, and I still have some tank items equipped...so, aside from that, feel free to offer constructive criticism...I don't feel like reading "LOLPROTGEARNOOB" -.-Breakdöwn4 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 t13 2p bonus for PvP? So I am starting to gear my ret for pvp, but then I saw the 2p bonus from the valor gear that seemed extremly good. So should I drop my 2 pieces of my pvp set for the t13 2p bonus?Grarlon2 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Helm of Setesh!? /wrists Best I could come up with. Just curious, what is the average amount of times you've had to run Halls of Origination to get this helm? I've only just completed my 18th run, still no helm yet. Its about this time I start getting that voice in my head saying... "FTLOG! PLZ SAY IT'LL BE OVER SOON! PLZZZZZZZZ!"Lomund7 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 need paladin advice!!! hey im new to being a paladin. i chose retribution and i was just wondering what attributes i should focus like and whats more important dps or damage and strength? ThanksJaalgruk1 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Ret Pally LF early raiding guild(NZ)ILVL 392 So yea decided to hore myself out to the forums after a long search for a guild to fit my schedule since a change of jobs with no luck I am looking for any sort of guild ive played em all. (10/25) normal and heroic Like to have a good laugh but still be able to concentrate and progress on bosses, find the inbetween :) Raid times starting between 4pm and 6pm server time at the latest (530 preferred) – please only post if your times fit mine Willing to server transfer Profile - Tornsoul - Ret MS (ilvl 392) , Played holy since Ulduar and have always enjoyed it but i thought it was time for a change when Dragon Soul hit ( have holy os 381 ) and am will to play it, be back up, be a 3rd healer whatever :D Know my class, know my stuff do my research and play and help people the best i can Cleared 8/8 normal mode dragon soul on both of my toons Cleared 4/7 HM firelands pre nerf ( firelands was my only hardcore raiding i have done )but have raided since late Ulduar. Let me know if u think i would be an asset to your raiding team Chur Tornsoul3 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Cataclysmic armor or Weapon first? Hey Rets. So I have 4900 Conquest points, and I've been "renting" the Cataclysmic weapon every now and then to see how much better it does for me than my current Gurthalak. It's kind of a hard say, especially in bgs where the proc's been helping a lot, but the damage/healing I'm dealing with the S11 weapon is nice. But at this point I can get at least two pieces of gear + another after I max out my points this week. Question is, looking at my gear (and yeah, I'm farming mats for enchants/gems), should I just blow my load on a weapon first, or go for armor pieces? I'm not having any luck finding T13 atm, I only have the gloves and I don't want to replace the S11 ones :|Jackishi5 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Better arena combo? Hello, I have a holy pally and want to run arenas with a real life friend in twos. Twos are broken I know but doing this for fun but we were wondering what combo would be best with my spec? He has an affliction warlock and a frost Mage. Both are equally geared. We have ran a few games with both setups but having trouble coming to a decision. Any advice? Thanks for your help and feedback!Chilled2 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Just came back to wow, need some advice Hi guys i just came back to wow and im pretty lost, there is the new dragon soul raid and the new heroics. I respeced to ret and i have pretty bad gear, idk where to start. Is my gear too low for the new heroics? thanksBannanamilk6 Jan 19, 2012
Jan 19, 2012 Madness for Ret Had a question about DPS CDs on the madness fight, should I be using any cooldowns right at the beginning of the fight to get the most out of my CDs, but lose maybe 10 seconds on cataclysmic during that first platform? Linking logs of this weeks fight. Thanks in advanced. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xvteyyr3v8aan10e/sum/damageDone/?s=11807&e=12625Arsôn9 Jan 19, 2012