Paladin

Oct 19, 2011 4.2 The return of the Shockadin? With the current paladin changes that have occurred since the Pre-Cata patch when we had the good 'ol Holy/prot or holy/ret healing specs for HL or a full out FoL spam class and sit at a nice range and have little mana issues back when 40k+ in T9 and up gear was pretty e-z going on most reg ICC content and now with the cata changes it is looking much like blizzard is trying to direct the Holy Paladin group into the classic "Shockadin" role that some of us had during the last days of Classic in 40man naxx more of a dps role but now a heal,and very low melee dps class with the 4.1 and the soon to be 4.2 change with the mana cost of our heals going up. Now granted if we stack spr on our gear like mad with reforging sockets and enchants we drop other stats like haste etc just to beef the mp5 to sustain long healing intensive fights if we have only the static mp5 from gear and the Divine Plea and arcane torrent for the Blood Elfs and the SoL judgment seal release if we were to maintain an out of melee range(not counting on or including replenish innervate or other sources if having an open-system to allow that.for sake of post we shall ignore other players input to mana regen.)Now to maintain a constant HpS during a boss in counter for the best results we end up having to be in melee range with the tank and use DP,Judge,AT(BE) when the CD is off plus depending on your holy tree if you spec into the Free HP on direct hit talent or other possible talents with the standard cookie cutter heal spec other 4 possible Ffa talent points we have a far more like able stready stream of mana incoming while we have a large mana out put going out with most heals like DL FoL HL all having mana cost upped by 5% from the 4.1 as is standing rates. With this i can see that hey we paladins wear plate and have a good survival record to date when a melee add or boss physical type move is used and we are in range or have aggro etc. we generaly come out alive and with a shinny mark in our plate armor unless we account for past enrage timers when everyone just bends over and takes it how it comes. With all the rambling on to make the point I am getting at is in this expansion are the WoW Dev's trying to remake some forms of the old Vanilla play styles with forcing us to become the fable shockadin and sit with the melee to keep everyone alive? seeing how Holy shock now has mana cost reduced and our exorcism with the talent Denounce 2/2 having an undispellable debuff that prevent target from causing/applying critical effects. Zelagez79 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Sunwalker flying mount Just curious what the paladin community thinks a tauren "sunwalker" would ride. So far the flameward hippogryph is the only one i can think ofWrathra1 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 2200 Ret 2nd Arena Montage thanks for your interest if you wanna check it out here is the link also check out my channel! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FobfQdkQCQNadro3 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Glyph of the Long Word I put this glyph in a while back and, while I'm planning on replacing it later today, I was wondering how this is affected by haste. Is it possible to get an extra tick out of this? Also, if the initial WoG crits, why shouldn't the ticks crit as well? Thanks!Bromalferdon1 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Finally got Heroic Skullstealer! So yesterday, Shannox dropped both H Skullstealer and H Zoid's. 10/18/2011 marks the day I first hold in my hands a Heroic raid boss weapon. /happy pandaPyraedine5 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 4.3 changes make RNG reliance worst? Will the changes coming in 4.3 make RNG reliance worst? With TV getting a 5% increase to damage, will that make a lucky paladin procing a lot of Divine Purposes be miles ahead of the next paladin on DPS? What about AW criting or not? A paladin now goes into a fight and his dps can vary from 25k-30k dps. after 4.3 Will a paladin go into a fight and see his dps vary from 30k-45k, depending on if Divine Purpose procs a lot or if hammer crits? Or will it all pretty much even out and a paladin will just vary from 30k-35k? (Numbers are just examples)Salah2 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 That was the fix? So I am guessing we not going to see anymore ret changes. Also question for the devs: Why cant ret pallies get a 3 second Crusader Strike?Viciouzangel24 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Transmog gear :D Well i personally like the set i am wearing inthis moments i still need the pants but i'll get them today or tomorrow after farming that dungueon like crazy...the chest i was lucky enough to find one that looked exactly the same but im still trying to get the real one because it has better stats and Sockets but oh i wanna hear what you guys think : )Remence0 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Holy paladin question. Is my haste low? Like am I below par on haste compared to where I should be for firelands?Hamath1 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 MS buffed to 25% - final nail in the coffin? For ret. Rogues/Warriors/Hunters MS buffed to 25%. Basically what this means is that we're pretty much forced to play with one of these classes now. DK/ret/x, which was pretty much our strongest comp is going to be stronger with a MS class just because of the healing debuff.Simplexity14 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Paladins and Holy Power: What needs to Change Throughout cata when i have actually played my paladin i have found them extremely boring. This is for 3 reasons 1 Dps is based more on procs then anything. While most classes do have procs they have other abilities that do allow them to do damage without a huge dps loss. 2. its only 2 buttons frankly this bores me. 3. I think the holy power resource needs to be reworked a little Now what can be done? Personally what i do think needs to be done is holy power needs to be changed all together. Instead of having 3 holy power that causes massive heal/damage/tank thing when its built up i think it would be better to have a bottom bar that has 100 holy power and you gain this by doing abilities and you have a super ability that drains all of it. For ret you would do a massive damage attack For Holy you would do either a massive single target heal or a AOE heal For Prot you would use a CD that absorbed damage just leave what you think in the comments. Äuron7 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Transmog suggestions for Judgement I need a cloak that looks good with the Judgment set. If any of you knows of a cloak that matches the set please link it here. Thanks in advance.Frohike3 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Is prot pvp viable? Just want to know if anyone here runs as prot in pvp. If so, why and if not why not. Also looking for any advice as to spec or websites i could checkout for info, any help is appreciated. Thx Edit: Corrected spelling errorAithar16 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Ret Wings Nerf thread again. If/when this goes through they need to make wings non-dispellable. Otherwise you would entirely !@#$ on Ret burst in pvp.Nvi3 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Ret paladins, Cataclysm is over for you Blizzard won't balance ret this expansion. Time to wait for the next expansion.Roflacakid21 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 WoG no longer transfers to Beacon (4.3) From latest PTR notes: Beacon of Light is triggered by Holy Shock, Flash of Light, Divine Light and Light of Dawn at 50% transference and Holy Light at 100% transference. It does not transfer Holy Radiance, Protector of the Innocent or other sources of healing. Am I reading this right?Zotz6 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 scared for 4.3 i have a priest pally and druid all at level 50 ish i wanted to level my holy pally for tank healing/ raid healing sometimes but with the changes i think they won't be able to compete whats the case on the ptr or you opinionValnos3 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Worried about the PoTI nerf. Coming along with 4.3 is a hit to our spell Beacon of Light. It will no longer transfer Protector of the Innocent or Enlightened Judgement at 50%. With the changes to Judgement for holy paladins, this will barely effect the EL heal, but Protector of the Innocent will take a big, if not disastrous blow. Now, at first it may not seem to be a monumental nerf, but it actually is. Beacon of Light is often times the most powerful heal we have (on HL fights, on fights we DL more generally DL and mastery bubble are the most powerful). EVERY casted heal would trigger poti, which heals for about 8500-9000 in top level gear. Beacon of light will no longer transfer 1/2 of the aforementioned healing, and we are receiving nothing but a mana battery of an aoe heal (which no longer transfers with beacon either). Judging by the heroic alysrazor logs, holy paladins heal approx 140 times with PoTi. 140x 6000 (since approx 70 of the 140 were critical, thats 840,000 healing with poti (mostly overhealing on the paladin) but...50% of that 840,000 transfer thru beacon to a tank, 420,000 added healing to beacon of light. This is no small number and the nerf seems completely unjustified. comments? real math? go for it, im terrible at math and would like to see some actual numbers! Béatrix2 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Ret Paladin Gear I know this may sound like a stupid question but I'm trying to decide on it. I currently have enough tier 11 for the 2 piece bonus but I have a few pieces from Firelands that got passed to me since we didn't have any DPS who needed them at the time. Is it worth dropping the tier 11 2 piece in favor of the Firelands pieces due to the amount of strength I'd gain?Telistyr2 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 HC Grips of the Raging Giant vs. 4pc/gloves Hi, So I was just wondering if it is better to use Grips of the Raging Giant or Immolation Gloves + 4pc. bonus? Ëvelynn2 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Which 2 hander is better for ret? Rags regular mode vs Shannox heroic 2 hander?Pazzlett6 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Hammer of Spellstolen er Wrath change unreal! •Retribution •Sanctified Retribution now increases the critical hit chance of Hammer of Wrath by 2/4/6%, down from 20/40/60%. <a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3608419">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3608419</a> from 60% to 6%? Sixty to six! On the most core ability we have for damage? has any other class EVER had a 200% nerf to a core talent like this? is this a typo? a joke? or what the heck is going on here? as if things were not bad enough for ret.. lets take away wings, and your not even a mage doing it. Lovely as usual. discuss disgustedAlphandomega3 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 What trinkets to use (ret pve) Hey all, just got vessel of acceleration tonight. I am currently using Heroic heart of rage and and essence of eternal flame. I am thinking that essence of eternal flame and vessel would be best two, but I am losing a large amount of expertise from H:hor, so not sure if its worth to lose that much expertise for vessel. So, which 2 would be best? Thankscalvinball4 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 19, 2011 Who is in charge of ret? They fail at life. Seriously look at the tools other classes get, look at how well they are doing, and then look at the buffs they are receiving. Simple well thought out changes could put ret into a respectable place in arena, without affecting the balance of pve, and make the class more enjoyable.Seoinage10 Oct 19, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 What Paladin's Need in 4.3 and The Future. What Paladin's need in the Future is. 1. We need have two strikes that give Holy power. jugdement could work but i would like to have it be a new Melee Strike that has two times the CD of CS, that works with Sanctity of Battle. 2. We need to have like 4 more Holy power spells 1 for holy (not a healing spell) 1 for prot and 2 for ret. ( Not really sure what they should be but we really need more holy power spells) 3. We need a Slow but this slow i would like to see on Holy power with 100% weapon Damge and the more holy power you have the longer the slow. so the damage will stay the same no matter what. 4. We don't need a Undspell Avenging Wrath So Quit calling out for it, but would need a way to say if you d spell it you are going to eat a Spell lock. for X time. ( that could be the new holy spell on holy power. you put a buff on a your target and if that buff is d spelled they eat the spell lock thats one way to help AW.) 5. Sanctified Wrath should remove the HoW use when AW is up but should have a 100% crt Chance if target is blow 20% or just up are Crt % by X. when are target is under 20 or 30% 6. Lets Face it guys The PVP ret gloves need to change from 5% CS damage to somthing new. 7. IS my wishfull Thinking and if ever happen i could save 100 puppys and 1 cat. but i would like to see when you pop Zealotry you Remove the CD on WoG for as long as the CD is running. :D Sorry if you seen this in the Damage Forums but it got D railed by a Mage QQ so i'm puting it where there is no mages :DHolylightme0 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 64 ret paladin in Battlegrounds THREE & saga it all blossomed with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLbGkLtS-ko&feature=related and proceeded to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcBXT4j7Mao and now it ends with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixKKrOjmSWc hope you all find this entertaining.Majinßuu10 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 Ret- Aura of speed I think Blizzard should give Rets a Aura that increases normal movement speed by 20% . That would make us more viable in Arena. It should affect everyone in group just like other auras but it shouldn’t stack with any Cd speed increases like judgment , sprint or any of the multitude of others. But it should stack with talented movement increases. This will give teams a reason to bring Rets to arena. It will also give us a small help with the gap closing problems. Let me know your thoughtsYezhua9 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 What should my HPS be? Ok, so first off, I understand that meters do not tell the whole story and as long as people are alive, you are doing your job. Holy is my off spec and I just wanna see where I fit in. I just started healing Heroics this week and they are pretty easy. The only couple of deaths have been from standing in stuff that I just couldn't heal through and a tank pulling when I was drinking and couldn't get to him in time. I use HS and WoG on CD. HL with daybreak procs on dps as needed and DL when I need big heals. I don't really use FL at all. I have been averaging around 8k hps in heroics. Yes, my spec is more geared towards pvp because thats what I am currently in love with. I am just dipping my hand into pve healing right now. Thanks. Ethenger12 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 rate me gear I haven't had any luck with helm/shoulder drops but would welcome advice on any other gear/gem/chants I could swap.Tavic1 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 bout time http://www.simulationcraft.org/430/Raid_T12H.htmlOceanlab4 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 Just newly 85 Hi, I just made level85 yesterday and want to know what you think of my gear? I currently have equipped my PVP but it does perform much better then the standard gear I do have. So a few questions. 1. Is this gear suitable to Tank in Cata normal D's? (I tried today and fine) 2. Is this gear suitable for non FL raids? (I have only done 2 Lich Raids) 3. Your ideas on how best to gear out my toon. Shot for Valor gear or justice gear? Thanks BriorBrior3 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 Another "check me out" thread So, can any ret pally's take a look at my char in the armory and tell me what I could do right now other then get better gear. I'm working on two items from za/zg, the helm and the pauldrons. I'm working on getting the boots, legs and gauntlets enchanted ATM. So that will boost my DPS. But can anyone help me with my gemming, I think so far it's pretty good, and I've utilized re-forging to get as close to the hit and expertise cap as I could without going to far over. The reason I'm asking is because utilizing the rotation at elitist jerks I'm pulling around 12.5k on a training dummy and from what I've seen with this gear I should probably be able to do just a little bit better. Thanks for the help guys.Canttriforce2 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 4.3 Radiance change discussion I personally am quite bummed by the changes to radiance in 4.3, I very much like how it performs now and I dread the cast time changes, I'd rather have what is basically a HoT on everyone in range of YOU for 10 seconds, then having to sit around casting what feels like to me a copy of a disc priest using prayer of healing glyphed w/ aegis procs.. I'd like to see no changes to radiance, because it sort of balances our class. As we have no other HoT's in a sense (unless you count the WoG HoT), and it makes it different and fun to me to use radiance as a passive AoE heal, while throwing big heals everywhere as well. Edit: Also the fact that the cast time will make radiance not viable for use when in prot or ret (I frequently use it to help out healers) without wasting a bunch of time for a measely AoE HoT on someone.. And the movement speed increase from using it in holy spec is very useful to me.. In conclusion from my nonsensical ramblings above, the 4.3 changes to radiance make it feel less unique as a class spell, and might make me lose interest in my pally as my priest could basically do the same thing. This is all based from my understanding and opinions, so I'd like to know what other people think about it :) Ps. Disregard the fact this is posted on a death knight, I do have a pally :PAthorta58 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 Take away TWO skills from the class above you :)Bbpetstop24 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 I love 4.3 pvp ret <3 ive been playing the PTR...(i was before but didnt test more then a few hours) i was 100% fine with them taking away our burst damage, infact happy. but instead on the PTR our burst is still there (kinda, its more spread out. its not all in just HoW) but with more damage through TV/CS/judgement with our CD's up. when my CD's are down im still capable of landing a kill fairly easy. there is so much less RNG with just specing for a crit and instead having the crit damage placed into other attacks so its like you're critting hammer :D i love it. but i saw some lower end rets having trouble with it and QQing in /general so probably take some time for rets to get used to. then again they were speced wrong and had stam gems but still lol. saw a few others as well. as for the damage increase on things, my judgements are hitting 15k-25k crits no CD's (non crits are kinda ranged... such as 7k-15k.. no clue) with crits highest i got was 30k, this is on 4.2k resil, disc preist. few others as well. TV 20k-30k ish crits depends on CD's etc etc. HoW same damage, just doesnt crit, but when it does exact same damage, when it does crit its pretty much game =/ i think they need to lower the crit damage its a little over powered when it crits just because our new found damage on other attacks. its non-crit damage is perfect though. CS 10k-15k crits. now as for the exorcism spec and glyph, i have no tried that. in certian aspects it sounds really OP adding a lot more extra damage w/our new damage buffs on other attacks. but this is at the loss of probably a point in improved hammer or last word. i'll probably end up trying it but chances are just because of the utility loss, i'll stay with current specs. 1v1 i'd say we got a nice boost due to the fact we're not so CD reliant, a flow of damage vs healers is just - amazing. 2v2, kinda iffy on this one, yes its a little easier to kill a healer now, but we're still lacking A LOT of CC and we're easily CC'd with only 1 out (2 if you count bubble which isnt useable in lawlclone). but i'd say it went up in a doubleDPS setting. 3v3 huge increase in viability, pair us with any class with CC or a DK and somethings going to die with how much pressure is being put out if we're not getting CC'd. 5v5 - didn't try. im guessing just as the others, a buff. BG's, we're still BG heros for sure <3 RBG's divine storm is kinda a must for the RBG spec but other then that wasted talent point still a huge buff now i didn't try any pve, due to the fact im a pvper... so someone else will have to tell me the numbers on how much DPS increase we got from this buff, im hearing 3-5% buff. probably will scale higher with next patch's gear, will probably be a 7%~ish? damage buff from this teir of gear. over all - buff for ret, thats just in my view and how i play, its just a nice buff. it's not too big, but it realllyyyy clears out a lot of RNG based PvP luck and gives us a flow of actual pressure damage for when we don't have CD's and when you play your cards right it can land a kill. is it up to par with other melee? eehhhh yeeennawwww maybe. our damage is kinda up to par with other classes as in pressure. a feral or a frost dk can still push a little more damage then me in a 2v2 setting or a duel, but i can just throw a 100k WoG on my ally or a 50k on my self. but in that turn i lose 15 seconds of damage, but which is now a little bit higher during down time (of course unless i get a proc). personally, i'd say we need some type of a slow, even a 35% slow or maybe make cleanse take off ALLLL chain/slow effects instead of one at a time so a frost mage can't have multiple slows on us at once. but chances of that happening are very slim. so with what we have as is on the PTR, we're good, not great but good. not up to par with other melee classes that will get chosen over us, but we still have a lot of unmatched abilitys that only ret can bring to the table. TLDR; 4.3 pvp ret decent buff. great in pvp. flow of damage. less CD reliant. but still not up to par with other melee class, but viable as always and more then workable into a beast of a murder machine.Rylanodory30 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 unholy paladins make it happenVanqer5 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 New to Holy healing - What to reforge? I'm just collecting my healing gear so I can try healing for the first time ever. I know what gems and enchants to get, but unsure what to reforge. Thanks!Inaudax7 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 Transmogrification woes My dream set ruined all because the weapon and shield are alliance exclusive. ... :[Kizmittenlol7 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 Do something other than whine about changes. My main is a Ret Paladin and I have such a hard time coming to this forum since it's slowly becoming a troll forum for other classes to /lol at us, Ret Paladins that still think Divine Storm is a good ability to use or Paladins putting way too much thought in something that MIGHT change because they spend 2 hours creating the post. I come here in hopes that I'll find a light in all this rage/crying but I don't. It seems as though all I ever see is Paladins complaining. Now, I'm aware that this thread in itself is a complaint but the "discussions" players are having amongst themselves are a complete and utter waste of time because A.) Blizzard doesn't post or read the class forums so you're not going to go anywhere with what you're complaining about B.) Everyone just ends up insulting each others intelligence by the fifth post. The only thing constructive I've seen for example is a thread about suggestions on how to beat a Mage, or something like "Should I bother using Inquisition in PvP?" and helpful suggestions and ways to play a Paladin of a specific spec(they're stickied, you can't miss them). I can understand people posting and asking what other Paladins think of new changes, or what other Paladins do in certain situations, but people making suggestions as to what would be "the perfect balance" it's just going to start another pointless argument where the only Paladins that actually read each individual thread is the OP or the one with "better suggestions". I rarely see a thread that's actually constructive. If you hate our class so much -- roll something else Don't understand why another class is so "OP"? -- Level up that class you claim to be so overpowered then come back and complain.(feral druids don't count) Don't understand another class or how to beat it? -- Level up that class and learn it's abilities. Don't come here and complain about it because you're just going to get trolled. I'm sorry(not really) to be the one to tell you this but this game will never be balanced between PvP and PvE. TL;DR - Stop complaining about how Blizzard hates us since Shamans are clearly the red headed step children and no one cares how you think Paladins "should be". /hairflipAvea12 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 Thinking about going Holy for PvP any advice? I dont see any stickies about it at all on here, or am i not looking closely enough? I get tired of everyone !@#$%ing about there being no healers on the Horde on my battlegroup so I thought id try to do something about it but, Im not sure where to start really.... any good specs for someone just starting to heal in PvP? also, do I need to download a healing addon and if so, whats a good one thats fairly easy to use and set up, thanks!Midnightsunn8 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 4.3 Armor Appearance Been farming My tier 6 to go with the Grand marshal sword Whats everyone else farming to change there gear to look like?Zerofreeze62 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 dear blizzard, thank you for ruining pallies the paladin class... a once feared yet lovable class to play with or against now a ruined class as far as pvp... Prot: between patch 4.3 and the next expansion blizzard plans to change tanking specs to where it is all cooldown based rather than aoe damage because aggro will be changed, this will make prot pallies utterly useless for pvp... Ret: come 4.3 blizzard is nerfing avenging wrath to NEVER crit... well its more like decreased to a 6% chance so yeah never crit... obviously if you have played a 85 ret pally they are extremely cooldown based with theyr wings... now that pallies will hit equivalent to a level 80 pally holy: the only spec usable with out failing utterly in pvp... even then its healing which i personally hate and isnt Good in that yolu wreck people in pvp you just heal which isnt owning or doing good... blizzard thanks for changing shamans i like it but your so stupid for doing that to pallies Armmer5 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 DPS assistance ret pally. I am an 85 ret pally. I am gearing right now trying to get geared good enough to run some of the tougher raids. The problem is that even in the dungeons I am not doin worth a crap in my dps. I usually average around 7-8k. While all the other classes are throwin up 10k. I think it may be a rotation problem despite the gear problem. I would love some help on rotation from any ret pally that know his stuff. I am positive thats the problem. So any help would be great thanks.Wollfgarr2 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 CLCRET and Forebearance I have Divine Shield and Hand of Protection on the aura icons. When DS is being used then HoP should be on forebearance and disappear. But it doesn't. Anyone know how to make that happen?Agincourt2 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 Crit > Mastery for Ret PvP Many of the Ret Paladins I see reforge all mastery in pvp as it is our "largest dps increasing stat" however I have to say I find crit to be far more beneficial. Mastery will improve your overall dps but the ability to chunk someones health in two back to back crits is a huge boost in some battles. As well crit is only a slightly less preferable stat for overall dps. On the whole its fairly competitive with mastery, but the added burst damage it can provide feels more situationally usefully than the background extra percents, especially during our cool down phases.Hotformed113 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 Too many ret DPS glyphs? Although I understand that its options, its simple numbers when it comes to dps. And in the end with the gear available 3 of them will be top dog for dps, leave 2 useless. We have TV glyph, CS, Exor, Judge, Seal of Truth. With the judgement buffs we're getting in 4.3 it and the tier 13 2 set bonus, a judgement glyph might be worth it, although im not aware of the numbers. My point however is, maybe give some of the glyphs a pvp flare or just them by default to our abilities? Things like CS > dazes the opponent? Exor dot is default but > DoT roots the opponent? Judgement > 50% to give holy power(instead of having it on the raid gear, too much of a mechanic to only for PvE-ers) Smurt5 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 18, 2011 PvP talent suggestion to compensate for wings I think sanctity of battle which is argueable exactly what that is doing in pvp should be changed to Hasteprovides a lower cd on crusader strike/divine storm ( clearly pve due to stat differentiation) and having also haste lowers targets reslience for self by your haste % either passively or specifically while avenging wrath is up. I think this would more than compensate for the hammer burst loss and without a need for excessive crit buffs in the paladin tree, because frankly i think paladin pvp dps is fine but with no real burst its hard to say what we are bringing and rebalancing hammer is in fact a necessary evil imho.Ghostwhisper8 Oct 18, 2011
Oct 17, 2011 Those impossible to kill Paladins... I know I dont have the gear yet, but when Im on my lock or my DK, every now and then I come across a pally in a BG that just wont die. They just run and heal, and heal and heal until finally I just pick someone else to fight. Well I have been trying it on this guy without much success. Is it all about the resil or is there a special rotation that just lets pallies stay up in 1v1 situations?Zoepound8 Oct 17, 2011
Oct 17, 2011 Help with my Prot Pally.. Hi all: I've come back to WoW after a few months and I'm still a little confused at what I should be focusing on. I'm not sure what stats I should be reforging into, if my spec is good, or really anything else. It's not TOO important since I'm not raiding. I enjoy running heroics with friends and I'll be satisfied with the inclusion of the Raid Finder in 4.3. However, I'm still having trouble with a few things. First and foremost, my stats. I hear that reforging into hit/exp is almost never a good idea, but I'm concerned about how little damage I'm doing to the boss dummies and how often I'm missing. I'm also concerned because at times, I have trouble holding threat against DPS in 378 gear. I also having trouble holding any threat over DKs, Warriors and Druids (in tank spec.) So it seems that putting stuff back into parry and dodge wouldn't be that beneficial as I have so many mitigation abilities that I can use almost any time. Not to mention something I read about diminishing returns when parry/dodge isn't balanced... Not sure. Second, my spec. I know it's a little less important now that we don't have such huge talent trees, but while we're on the road to improvement, I might as well ask about that. Third, is there any non-raid, non-heroic gear that I may have missed? Or just any tips in general? I want to be better for you guys when I see you in randoms. Thanks in advance!Jeclipse16 Oct 17, 2011
Oct 17, 2011 Ret paladins PVP Ok well, Blizz is gonna nerf ret wings on next patch (4.3) which is kind of fair cause ret bursts to hard with avenging wrath, anyway we need to deal more damage WITHOUT cds, cause we pretty much depend on wings, zealotry and guardian to have a decent rotation, blizz already nerfed wings, but they didnt buff our rotation without them, I heard from a GM that if someone make some changes for a class and a lot of people think it is fair and it would actually balance a class in the game, blizz will apply the changes for next patch, so heres my idea.. Paladins -Retribution Crusader Strike cooldown has been reduced to 3.5 seconds Judgement damage has been increased by 100% (It deals like 2k right now, pvp) Long Arm of the Law now procs even though the target is not 15 yards away. Hand of Freedom is no longer dispellable (!@#$ you mages) Judgement now reduces your target's speed by 30% for 4 seconds That would pretty much balance ret paladins...Raikoh35 Oct 17, 2011