Paladin

Dec 27, 2011 Creating a paladin hai guiz I'm thinking of playing a Paladin and I had questions for you guys to help me with. 1. Prot or Retri? I want to be able to tank in dungeons and crap while still maintaining a sturdy amount of dps in PvP. 2. What class for alliance? I'm not really too interested in racials. I prefer looks more. Thanks guys. I'm new to the game so if you've got some tips. Please share!Zebas2 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Which is better? So out of the new heroics which 2h is best for ret? I figured Pit Lord's Destroyer for the mastery but Mr Robot actually gives ret a higher score for Axe of the Tauren Chieftains. Any ideas? Seems with my current gear and glyph of truth i have way too much expertise and hit but that can always be reforged away. Asking cause I have both so it wont be trouble to switch.Dathromir4 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Prot HP Hey guys, pretty much all the other tanks I see have more health than me. Am I doing something wrong with my gear/enchants/gems etc?Casaveer2 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Holy T12 2p or T13 2p Greetings, I've been mulling over this gear question for awhile now. I have the t13 chest and this past week I won the t13 gloves. I haven't even turned the glove token in yet, though, because the itemization on the holy gloves is subpar. Also, I have the t12 2p bonus with the gloves and legs, so getting the t13 2p means losing the t12 2p. I'm not certain that's a good tradeoff - I'm a bit worried about losing the passive regen from t12 (although this may be entirely offset by the 214 spirit gained from the gloves). Looking at the entire t13 set, it seems the gloves are the best candidate to go offset for, but with LFR the way it is, there's no guarantee I'll have the option to choose my offset piece. I really don't like ret or prot, so saving the token for my offspec really isn't something I care about. TL;DR: Is gaining the t13 2p from chest/gloves worth losing the t12 2p? And if I happen to get another tier token, is it worth foregoing the t13 gloves for the t12 2p? I appreciate any feedback you may have. Thanks, and have a great night. Edit: Realized I answered my own question. I don't like ret or prot, so there's no other possible choice for those gloves anyway. Still, there's the question of whether to equip them or not, so I appreciate any feedback all the same.Charonea3 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Stormwind guard Remog I'm trying to get a look close to the Stormwind Guards. I like these shoulders better than theirs, but dont like the boots. Would prefer all gray colored and sleek with no blue. Cant find anything that is transmoggable. Also, I 'm not wild about the belt and transmogged my Ruthless belt with Lawbringer. Cant go back to the Ruthless color for some reason. Or if there is a better match I would like to hear suggestionsAgincourt2 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 A couple Aura Mastery questions The tooltip is pretty self-explanatory, but I'm going to make a few macros for Aura Mastery and they depend on the following, so I want to be sure... 1. If activated when, for instance, Devotion aura is present, and then switching to Concentration aura during the 6 seconds, will the silence and interrupt effect be active upon switching? 2. If activated when Concentration aura is present, and then switching to, for instance, Devotion aura during the 6 seconds, will the silence and interrupt effect still be active? Auðmjúkur1 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 What's wrong with people? I stack on mastery and I actually perform better with it than any Haste build and yet whenever I run any raid / dungeon, some people proceed to remind me that Mastery sucks for holy paladins and that I'm supposed to use Haste instead. Even some people in my guild agree with them. I actually got kicked from one certain run for this reason. Pathetic. In my opinion, after going Mastery from Haste, haste sucks. It burns mana faster, it doesn't output stronger heals and the speed difference isn't that godly. And not to even mention the excess amount of haste needed for HR ticks is unnecessary. If I have good reflexes, I certainly don't need haste to cover my own !@#. Yes, I can see that haste can be useful in certain situations. And that it's just a preference thing, but I'm just sick of explaining to these people why Mastery is useful. Anybody have the same problem as mine?Inaudax22 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 PVPing as Prot First toon that I dedicated to pve. Leveled to 80 through dungeons. I really enjoyed tanking but once I hit cata and read up on the dungeons and youtubing them I walked away from dungeon leveling and went back to my roots of pvping and questing. As a casual player, cata dungeons won't work in my time schedule. So here I am, 85 yesterday. Never walked away from prot spec still loving it with aoe pulls and being a pain to kill in bg's (before 85 b/c I'm not up to par with gear). I've decided b/c I love Protection so much that I'm going to pvp with it. For random battlegrounds and TB only, I want to have high survivability. If I'm protected a node I just want to be a pain in the !@#$ to kill and give my team a chance to get there and help. The question is: Gem? Enchant? Reforge? I'm guessing that stam and resilience is the way to gem and enchant but should I reforge as If I'm PVE'ing, mastery - dodge/parry? Thanks. Tarjå10 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps on a Ret Even if it is just a random proc. It's nice knowing you might actually have one pop out and slow things for you in pvp. Is the damage increased by spell damage or attack power? I would think SP since it casts mindflay. It does do more damage with wings active.Tarvoz14 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 Prot: Learning to Tank So I rolled this character in an attempt to learn to tank in my free time. With a healer for my main (Disc Priest) I felt that perhaps I could have a better understanding of the pressures of tanking to make myself a more effective healer, etc. I know, strange. Anyway, so I leveled this character up to 19 before using the RDF. A lot of the early dungeons are all tank and spanks, so I figured it would be a good place to learn the first steps. I used the AH to gear myself out the best I could, and waited 4 levels above when the RDF becomes available to give myself a bit of an edge my first time in. So I zone into Ragefire Chasm, and greet the group. Explain that I am new to tanking so everyone is on the same page with me. Well the first few pulls were a bit of a nightmare for some reason. I was having a hard time holding threat and I kept messing up my rotations because I was focused on the threat meter. (yes, I had RF up). Anyway, we decided we would do the entire dungeon before doing the end boss, taking the long way around. It felt like pulling teeth. Before the end boss the healer and a few of the DPS had to drop, and of course, being a Christmas afternoon it was thin pickings for replacements. After waiting everyone else left so I logged out. Come back in this evening and I am still in the instance, so I decide to give a try solo. Went through the entire thing, pulling 2-3 group mobs and healing myself in between doing my own tanking and damage. It was a cake walk all the way to the end boss, which I soloed down as well. So, my question is, is there an way to make tanking simpler? I have a feeling that I am over thinking it, especially early in the leveling processes. I think I did better solo vs in the group because it felt more nature when I only had myself to worry about; and, as a Disc Priest I am use to being responsible for doing my own damage, CC and healing all in one. TL;DR: I feel more comfortable soloing a dungeon vs running it with a group. Is there a way to make tanking for a group more intuitive and less complicated? Mcflinty7 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 Leveling A Pally Is Prot the way to go in leveling a pally? Was thinking of leveling one as an alt. Thanks for input.Xarlea3 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 Ret Build I finally came back to WoW on my pally to see that they changed the talent trees and added a bunch of new spells. I'm completely lost, what's the regular Ret build as of now?Amorian3 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 How are pally's in general? I'll be PvPing as holy, and PvEing as ret. How do we rank for healers, and dps? ANY advice much appreciated!Vynash1 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 What other gem for PvP in a blue socket? Let me say I just got my second piece of Season 11, and with it I am already hit capped as previously with my Season 10 that it required a hit gem for me to be capped. What other gems can I use in it for PvP? Been thinking of maybe using maybe a strength gem? What do you guys think?Wadushodu2 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 PvP Armor or Weapon? Which is a better idea? My current weapon is better other then resil, so should I just get armor, then weapon? Thanks :DNahkriin1 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 Holy PVP Trinket assistance Hello Guys. I was Ret last season on this ALT and was running Ebola cleave with my 1900 main Disc priest and it doesnt go so well due to the fact that im a paper healer and I get zerged. I am almost fully geared on this guy for holy. I am trying to figure out what trinket to get. I Hate raiding but im sure for an upgrade I will get a better trinket. I am lost now to what trinket to use. I heard the spellpower one is kind of bad now? so for now since its easier, Should I get Darkmoon Card: Tsunami or Core of Ripeness /]Kaorisinn3 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 Another season that upsets me with gear Healer boots and belt are the ideal match for the Conquest set. Blizzard you guys are really pissing me off with this mismatching crap. The complete Conquest set is the Healer set. The Tank/Ret boots and belt both look like crap compared to the healer set. Why do you guys do this every season? It's annoying already.Goldenforce9 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 Judgment, where did you go? Okay, I'm a casual, and I like it that way. I finally turned Level 80 just before Cataclysm came out (and I mean the week before). I didn't gain a single experience point under Cataclysm until this past week when I bought a subscription again and leveled up to 85. Just a couple days ago. My son leveled his Arcane Mage to 85 a day or two before me. I've played this character a long, long time. Leveling slowly, when I have the time (because, you know I work 60 hours a week). Played off and on with this paladin since Christmas 2004. In my view, Judgment was, and still is, the coolest looking ability. A hammer comes down from the heavens and smites your foe. I do also like the look of Divine Storm, and I was pretty happy when I finally earned that. But now, Judgment is at the bottom of the rotation. It's just a filler between Crusader Strike and Inquisition. It makes me sad. Why does Crusader Strike (seemingly an inherent ability in the Crusader himself) generate holy power, but a hammer falling from the heavens does not unless you have T13 gear? Holy Power comes from arcane blacksmiths and not from the heavens? Geared the same as my son (no enchants or gems yet, but we're working on it), he out DPS's me by pressing 1-1-1-1-1 over and over again. When we get to a boss, I start to catch up over time, but against mobs, I suck now. Where's the burst damage we used to get from Judgment? Can you bring this back as a useful item? Wulfegar7 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 Prot Pally L plates Im a ret pally that has been playing prot the past couple of days, and I was wondering if I could get some tips. With out reforging or gemming because its a 2ndary spec I have so far found prot to be a huge amount of fun in BGs. Playing a toon with suvivability is awesome (my other toons are a fire mage dest lock and bm hunter) and although the dmg out put isnt as good as my ret spec, the fact I tend to die alot less leaves me out on the battlefeild longer giving me much more time to hurt people, which we all know is good. I was just wondering what self buffs I should be using or maybe if I should adjust my spec a little. I was planning to doing arena with a blood dk freind of mine and figure vs healer teams we would be in trouble but should dominate vs other melee class teams and have a decent shot vs caster dps sides as well. Also Id love to be able to beat my blood dk freind in a duel. Is there any way to go about this or is it a forgone impossibility to beat a blood dk with a prot pally. Although our duels do last a long time, he usally ends up with full health by the end anyway. Is there any links or guides to playing a prot pvp pally after last patch? Thanks in advance Excuse the dyslexic spelling.Astiionix1 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 Healing H Stonecore H O W? My shaman has 344 Average gear. MASSIVE wipe on first GROUP. Took my Holy Pally with 352 gear. Wiped on the 2nd group. My Holy light just cant keep up and if I flash I go OOM pretty fast. I pre-Shock to 3 before the tank pulls and use Shock and WOG but just seems like I cant keep up with everything. Ive done other heroics without a problem, but H Stonecore is just kicking my butt. Any advice?Locdin4 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 26, 2011 Deathwing 2 handed sword Questions!!! Alright I have just obtained the 2 handed sword from death wing which summons a tentacle to assist you in a fight for 10 seconds. I was running it threw a couple dungeons and LFR and I have been non stop top damage around 30k+ on all bosses and peaking 64k on death wing! I was thinking though the wep procs from melee swings and even seen it proc off my Exo from a distance in a duel. Hit>Exp>Str>Mastery>Haste or Crit Now with this sword procs off melee swings and apparently our spells would it now be better to reforge crit to haste so it would proc more tentacles? I think it would be worth testing cause more haste more melee swings and more attacks = more tentacles = better overall dps and damage output??Illuzionz6 Dec 26, 2011
Dec 25, 2011 Holy Pally can't heal anymore.. No matter what i do, im geared for heroics with all pretty good gear, i try every rotation but no matter what, My pally cant even keep up a tank in normals, their heals suck and cant heal more than 10k.. How about we change this cause if not, pallies are gonna die in the holy senseScythxx16 Dec 25, 2011
Dec 25, 2011 How to use CD's as Ret? Hi, I'm just wondering when exactly does one use the 3 CD's, Guardian of Ancient Kings, Avenging Wrath, and Zealotry? What I mean is, since both Avenging Wrath and Zealotry give you constant access to an ability without waiting for a proc/health %, is it better to use them separately or together?ßoysßoysßoys10 Dec 25, 2011
Dec 25, 2011 Haste Breakpoint Question... This is my alt, hence my knowledge on this spec is not high. So here is the question... Here is what I know: I read somewhere that you need 16.67% haste to add the 4th tick of Holy Radiance. We get 3% haste from a talent, 9% haste from Judgement, and an additional 5% haste from a buff. All of that should get you an addition tick, since it puts you at/above 17% haste. Question: What does 777 haste do? All I noticed was 2.0 second cast times....Holyritter4 Dec 25, 2011
Dec 25, 2011 Hello fellow pallys. I have a few question from the masters to help my new friend (hes new in healing) regarding healing in pvp. What spell should he use, because it seems that he drops so fast in bgs relatively to other holy ive seen? What should he do when hes being chain stunned etc2? Are there any tips to become a good holy? Thanks.Alleìn0 Dec 25, 2011
Dec 25, 2011 Item Questions I have 2 questions about my item choice. 1. Should i replace Varo'then's Brooch or Essence of the Eternal Flame with Eye of Unmaking? 2. Should I put on Backbreaker Spaulders instead of Immolation Pauldrons? I have the T12 2-piece. (the heroic shoulders and normal chestpiece)Elewood4 Dec 25, 2011
Dec 25, 2011 Vindication I might be a little late to the party but has anyone else noticed that the talent is not doing what the tooltip says? Vindication is supposed to only be applied to the primary target of HotR yet when I cast it, all mobs around me are affected by it. BTW just started tanking, been holy forever so I apologize for my ignorance.Pinnåcle3 Dec 25, 2011
Dec 25, 2011 State of Holy Paladins Hello all! I'm currently reading up on the current state of Holy paladins. I used to main heal as one back in Burning Crusade however I haven't kept up on them through Wrath and into Cata. I am currently considering becoming one again what has changed if anything since then? Any and all feedback is welcomeOrtokot6 Dec 25, 2011
Dec 25, 2011 PvP Stat Priority? Hey all, just rolled a hpally for PvP. What exactly is the stat priority of Crit, Haste, and Mastery?Paarthurnax2 Dec 25, 2011
Dec 25, 2011 Holy pally pvp advice So i wanna holy shock melt some faces in pvp, i havent really seen a spec for this so far all of the posts are about healing only not using the holy spec as dps so i wanna give it a shot anyone know where to get info on spec gemming reforge ect. only interested in advice in a holy spec as dps maybe a lil healing but mostly melting facesHolycowpiez0 Dec 25, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 did my first simulation and.... got this as my stat priority Wspeed > Wdps > Str = Exp > Crit = Mastery = AP = Haste does that seem right? im pretty sure i filled out all the forms right. any tips or tricks to make sure its set right?Kahn6 Dec 24, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 What's in your CD player? ...or MP3 or MP4 or whatever the latest and greatest is. Just wondering what my fellow Pals are listening to when they grind. I'm really partial to the FF7 Crisis Core soundtrack or the dubstep channel on Pandora.Kelsen35 Dec 24, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 Old Player with New Spec Questions I used to play this game years ago, and now I have come back to find all of my talents reset and a bunch of new spells to train. A few questions. I am a fairly solitary player, who spends most of his time questing, but I still want to be able to heal for groups once and a while. I like to do ret the most, and would love to spec ret and holy. Does that make any sense anymore? Any suggestions on the best spec for what I described? Also, I feel completely lost, any help with what would be a good basic attack based on the specs you mention? Thanks for all the help.Argwyn3 Dec 24, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 Combat system and rounding... Out of curiosity, what kind of rounding does the combat system use? For instance, with the stats I have currently - 2647 parry, and 2648 dodge, both are equal at 17.65% after diminishing returns. However, by tweaking my parry and dodge by a few numbers, I can get 2654 parry, and 2641 dodge, which gives me 17.63% dodge and 17.68% parry. 17.65% + 17.65% = 35.3% 17.68% + 17.63% = 35.31% So yes, I realize the chance is extremely insignificant, but does the character screen simply use rounding so it shows up as better on the character screen, when in actuality, the combat system is using the number stretched out to much further decimal places? Or does the game actually just round to 2 decimal places and use those numbers for combat? I personally prefer the appearance of having both my dodge and parry chance the exact same on my character screen, but it just kind of irks me to know that it might be possible to actually have better overall avoidance by making a minor change to my reforging. Edit: ...and I meant to post this in the tanking forum, but I had the paladin forums open... win.Assura2 Dec 24, 2011
Dec 24, 2011 Beacon of Light not working properly... Hello guys! So since I made this paladin my main I have noticed some odd things about Beacon of Light, so I was wondering if you guys could help me with those. 1) If you use "beacon of light" on yourself... would it heal by the 50% that is meant to give you? *I tried this myself and it doesn't seem to show up on the combat log, please try it yourself. 2) While doing some arenas I also noticed that the healing done on my teammate by "beacon of light" doesn't show up, and it only shows up outside arenas "sometimes", same in dungeons. *I tested it in battlegrounds and dungeons, checked the combat log and still not healing coming directly from beacon of light. This is a very important issue... may be I am just being stupid and don't fully understand the functionality of beacon of light, but by what it seems... I believe the spell is broken. Please I urge you to try it yourself.Incage21 Dec 24, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Mop spell suggestion thread. I have a couple of cool ideas: Barrier of Light: An instant cast, 45 second CD spell that places a holy barrier along a straight line. This barrier has a health bar which can be depleted and when it is, the barrier goes as well. This barrier prevents all non party members from passing through it, and heals all party members that do. This spell would cost holy power, the amount of holy power used translates into the amount of HP the barrier has, the length of time it is up, and how much it heals for. Dawn Burst: A three second cast time AoE heal, that is placed on the ground, causing three low health targets to be healed, pulsing every 1.6 seconds, for 4 seconds. This spell would cost mana, have no CD but be very expensive. Fist of Light: Causes a large holy fist to come crashing down on enemies. This attack would cause a medium amount of threat, causing a high amount if your spec is Protection. Beacon of radiance: A 15 minute CD. Places a beacon on all part and raid members healing them for 50% of the amount healed. Lasts for 30 seconds. When one beacon is dispelled, up to five beacons near the target are dispelled as well. these are just suggestions. If you have any post them here!Amy0 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Question about prot pally stats I am still a little confused about prot pally stats. Coming from years of playing a holy, I never really payed much attention to tanking stats, except to know that if I saw dodge/block on an item it was a tanking piece. I do know that strength is needed. It makes me hit harder, which annoys the mobs more so they focus on me. I'm relegating spirit to the healer stats list. Stamina is always needed, and actually fairly hard to avoid as it's on almost every piece of gear. The stat that has me really confused is agility. For years, I thought tanks had to avoid agility, but some friends that are tanks have told me that agility helps their dodge chance. I'm also slightly confused about the secondary stats. At my level, the argument could be made that having the right stats doesn't matter as much, but i'd rather get it right now, than get called out at 85 for having the wrong stats as a tank, and this toon was created so I could learn tanking from the ground up. So, my questions are these: 1 How important is agility for tanks and should I start looking around for replacements for my gear that has agility on it? 2 What sort of weight should I put on the secondary stats?Frynah4 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Roman paladin Hi fellow paladins. I hope you all are doing good this day and may the batnerf stay away from us and the buffs come soon. I have a question. Do you know if there's a way to make my paladin look like a roman soldier? Any idea is well appreciated. Thank you. Lyle with just one e.Lylee1 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Tenta-#%## in PvP or S11 weapon? Hey Ret PvPers. So thanks to a new system/gaming mouse, Void Storage, and some sweet new gear for S11 (as well as bg wins for conquest points), I decided to dabble in PvP and I found that I'm *loving* it so far. I followed Vanguards' advice and though I'm not a juggernaut by any means, but my damage is consistent and my offheals and hand-jobs do a fine job at keeping support. I'm hoping to find an RBG group or maybe an arena team with a few friends once I'm done tweaking myself out. Right now I'm working on my gear for some enchants and gems. I'm using the raid finder version of Gurthalak, since it's more damage and the proc is something nice. Although it'll be awhile before I get to that level, what I'm wondering is once I save up enough points, would the stats (especially the resil) on the Cataclysmic weapons be superior to Gurthalak? I do find myself feeling a little squishy against similar/better geared opponents even at 3700+ resil. However, the tentacle proc does contribute a decent amount to dps (and snaring), but I know almost for certain I won't be able to get even a Normal version thanks to my schedule. TLDR: S11 weapon or LFR Gurthalak? Also, besides the obvious missing enchants/gems, any advice you could pass on for my gear/spec?Jackishi18 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Bacon of Light Happy Festivus everybody!!!!!!!! I hope you're all well rested and preparing for the Feats of Strength!Fatheroflíes0 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Ret PvP How is it this patch / season? I haven't tried at all. What changes have there been since 4.2? Anything I should be aware of? Thanks guys :D <3Prudella6 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 DPS question, heroics.. Just wanting to know what I might be doing wrong. I've grouped with lesser geared Ret pallies and seen them do around 24 to 30k dps in heroics. I'm using CLCret, MrRobot and Reforgeanator to reforge, Righteousness on trash, Truth on bosses, and popping wings / Zealotry when they are up and on bosses. I also always keep Inquisition up as well... I'm pulling anywhere from 17 to 23ish, and a little more when I pop all cool downs. Any advice would be great, thanks...Xate8 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Paladin DPS leveling Should i use Prot or Ret? I dont wana tank atm but i might at 85, which is better for just leveling? Il instance every now and then too.Voctavian1 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 2p T13 in Arenas, yay or nay? I have a few tokens and am wondering if its worth dropping 600 or so resil for or not.Ogpoopnfresh2 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Holy Trinkets Wondering if VP Reflection is better than norm Jaws or Eye on any fight.Unhope3 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 SWORDINGTON! I just killed deathwing I won the two handed sword I am so happy haiku for mine fellow pallies.Angrytoast5 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 cataclysmic weapon vs gurthalak pvp can't make my mind up on what to get really the cataclysmic weapon has more dps resil and crit but on the other hand gurthalak has the add proc that can snare my target and we rets lack that any feed back is welcomeJudgëmënt4 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Retribution: How faceroll is it? Just today during Tol Barad, I was feeling quite tired. I began to fade in and out of consciousness at my computer while guarding Warden's Vigil with a few others. When I finally snapped out of it, I realized that not only had I managed to continue playing the game, but also that I had facerolled while in a comatose state and killed several others. so, how faceroll is retribution in all honesty?Burgess6 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 4.3 PvP Retadin - Mastery vs. Crit Build Hi guys! After doing extensive research, I'm currently in debate with myself of whether or not I should reforge into Crit or keep my Mastery at where it is. A lot of people say Mastery is better for us because it provides solid, safe, steady DPS. However, considering that I have a Word of Glory talent build, people say Crit is better because it not only benefits CS and TV DPS, but also WoG casts as well. Also, I've been consistently following the Top PvP Retadins in WoW and a few have recently switched to a Crit build, leaving me doubtful in my Mastery build. I'm just looking for some opinions and reassurance from y'all. I'd appreciate your opinions, thanks!Draeneus4 Dec 23, 2011
Dec 23, 2011 Thoughts on Ret PvP - Rated BGs Well i had held out on judgement about Ret 4.3 until i had a chance to do some Rateds. Based on 6-7 games tonight where i started out with 0 Rating. (hit about 2050 last season) for reference we ran: Prot Warr/arms FC, 2Hpal, Disc, Rsham. And Frost Mage, Frost DK, Sub Rogue, Aff Warlock and myself - Ret paladin as DPS. We went undefeated starting at 2K MMR and climbed to 2200 MMR. We beat several "hero the alliance/veteran of the horde" teams(Glad for RBGs). Those MMRs should be on the higher end of things atm as many teams have not farmed up high ratings yet BC of MMR reset. Top damage in 4/6 BGs. Most KBs in one game - 17. Average KBs per game ~ 9. Damage felt absolutely wonderful. Survivability was not a problem at all. I wore 390 iLvL Gurthalak sword 90% of the time and Bone Link Fetish PVE trinket and did not feel squishy at all. Kills were INCREDIBLY easy to land when the Frost mage and i timed burst together. Coordination from teamates landed us many other effortless kills with smokebomb and caster CC in addition to my burst and that of other melee. 106K WoG was the biggest i saw and i only had one game against a 2160MMR "Veteran of the Horde" team" where i died around 7 times and had fewer KBs. Against this super caster heavy team i went all resil and focused way more on off heals. We won and basically controlled the game for 20 minutes. I feel like my spec/glyphs are exactly what i would like them to be and am VERY happy with Ret overall atm. Just wanted to put this out there because i was a little unsure of my position on our rated BG team until tonight. I was completely prepared to step out if tonight i felt like ret was not helping our team. I feel 100% more effective than before 4.3. Several games i was top damage by over 1M. Ret feels more usefull than ever before. Pressure is really great all the time. It is important to realize that the strength of the spec lies in its versatility, when teams are really kiting/snaring/training you down the spec allows you to just shift focus to offhealing and throwing out blessings(hand). Waiting for the right moment to pop CDs when you are reletively free / losse / DRd on CC makes all the differance. Good luck to everyone out there and i want to let anyone know who may be doubting, We are fine.Sparklefist64 Dec 23, 2011