Paladin

Dec 15, 2011 Prot Trinkets Considering how easy it is to become block capped without using avoidance trinkets, what trinks are ya'll using? Mirror is still a champ for fights that have burst spell damage, and it seems stamina trinks are becoming popular as well.Tagem7 Dec 15, 2011
Dec 15, 2011 Question.. I just got the Maw of the Dragonlord today, and was wondering if the proc works with our mastery or not.Linix1 Dec 15, 2011
Dec 15, 2011 Weapon Question LFR Maw of the Dragonlord vs Normal Vagaries of Time DiscussElaeria1 Dec 15, 2011
Dec 15, 2011 Paladin AoE? How good are paladins since the HR revamp? Its been a while since I've played, how viable are they as raid healers compared to the start of Cata?Maleny17 Dec 15, 2011
Dec 15, 2011 Just starting ret pally pve so ive been doing nothing but pvp but now id like to start pveing but the problem is i only have pvp gear do i go start getting gear in normal dungeons or heroics? And how long do u think it would take to get enough gear to do the lfr? Sorry for the grammar and other stuff thanks in advance.Ärsôn9 Dec 15, 2011
Dec 15, 2011 [Holy] Mastery vs. Haste for tier 13 heroics Hi folks, So I know there are a lot of really bright people on these forums who push their theorycraft to the limit. My question is what are you guys seeing in HMs this tier as being the best secondary stat (other then spirit), mastery or haste? Looking into the first two HMs (my only experience thus far), I feel like mastery would be a far superior build due to having it always being used (no overheal), however when the tanks dip down / die, haste becomes ever crucial. After browsing around world of logs and seeing what some of the top paladins are doing (suprisingly mastery), does this limit them as a raid healer? In my guild, I step up as the tank healer and am usually the one blamed for the rare tank death. I do however what to push for the most HPS possible, and Illumanated Healing is now a force to be reckon with. So what are your guys' experience/thoughts (logs help :]). HammerHammerstorm9 Dec 15, 2011
Dec 15, 2011 Gear Knowladge needed. Would greatly appreciate the gear break down of the shattered sun set. Thanks in advance http://imgur.com/a/OqGhJ#2Inkrest4 Dec 15, 2011
Dec 15, 2011 What made you pick a paladin Healer? What about the Holy tree made you pick a paladin over the mixed variety of healers we have in WoW?Reanimate27 Dec 15, 2011
Dec 15, 2011 insane please blizzard stop ruin the classes giving xtra spells to other and taking away from other class you took off ( seal of justices wich stund for 3 sec changing for slow to the palys now you take off holy radiance from instant to 3 sec cast give us a brake blizz i have 1 85 from each class and is unfair how u nerf some classes rogues can keep some stund for the full combat, so what i say kill me and i come back from my short brake till the stund is over? please stop if you blizz not add a good to the classes leave it aloneImbackk7 Dec 15, 2011
Dec 15, 2011 Holy Light And Flash of Light... I am sure there is a post of this somewhere but I don't bother to look for things. Anyways what the h*ll happened to a quick inexpensive heal (Flash of Light pre-cataclysm) and a Slow more powerful heal (Holy Light pre-cataclysm), what I mean is wasn't the point of FoL being quick and low cost? where is the usefulness in a quick spell thats going to drain my mana in 10 or so casts and a Slow spell, though cost effective, weak so that my tank/Arena partner is dead before I can get a second cast off... I know it was a decision on the part of developers but isnt the point to make the players happy? Anyways I dont think Ill be playing pally as a healer till things are back the way they were. And though I'm one player im sure there are hundreds of others that feel the same about pally heals.Cielö5 Dec 15, 2011
Dec 15, 2011 BiS trinkets for rets? may sound stupid for asking but just wondering which trinkets are currently best as of 4.3. The new valor point trinket looks enticing but its just another button i have to push and keep up like my inquisition which i already don't enjoy, and it seems as if i don't keep it constantly up, then the 365 dwyers caber would still be better as it has the constant str buff. Thanks for any helpKickassordie7 Dec 15, 2011
Dec 15, 2011 Transmog Opinions. Okay just want to get a idea count of those willing to read and reply, what would you consider your favorite set to transmog to, of all the sets of paladin gear? Just curious. Mine is of course Judgement.Jakosta9 Dec 15, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 New tank, are my stats doing it wrong? I've read lots of different ideas on Paladin tanking. I think I have the basics in play and talents down. What I am unsure of are (in order of whats most unsure to least): 1. How to come up with the avoidance/block cap? Is it Block + parry + dodge + mastery? What makes up the 103%(iirc)? 2. Glyph selection. Am I doing it right? 3. Gemming/enchanting. Am I doing it right? I am aware that I do not have true tank shoulders as of this moment. Xod13 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Prot gear check This character is an alt so I'm still learning. I managed to get a lot of tank gear from the new 5 mans and I'd like to start tanking. To start with I'm still using my DPS bp and 1 trinket. Will this be a big problem till I can get tanking stuff? How is my gemming and reforging looking? I'm just wanting to run the new 5 mans on this char, no plans to tank any raids.Budfox0 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Prot T13 Off Piece Helm, chest and legs are full avoidance stats. Shoulders have exp and mastery, and gloves have dodge and hit. I'm assuming that gloves would have to go, because of Resolve of Undying. We need need to get more parry once you can use this trinket. This is just what I'm guessing, any input would be helpful. ThanksPugpug11 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Rotation for a level 50 ret pally guys need help with rotation im not that good at working it out also have a look at my spec and see if i need to change it thank you in advance for the helpPallystormz0 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Leveling Spec Clarification Hey all, I haven't concentrated playing this Pally since vanilla. Lately I've been scouting the forums to get a sense of what the optimal leveling spec is. Here's roughly what I've come up with: Ret: Some people say it's 'squishy'. I've played Ret a few levels and I'm not sure how they can classify it as squishy. Unless the posts I read were talking about later down the line, I haven't experienced a 'squishiness' yet. Prot: The go-to spec for LFD. Quick queues and preparation for tanking at 85 are the benefits of this spec. Also, some people said this might be a viable soloing leveling spec. With Avenger's Shield, this may be possible. Holy: Not typically viable until Outlands for healing purposes. Prot healing gear hits a drought during pre-BC quests. This I can attest to. Taking all things into consideration, I'm having a semi difficult time deciding what spec would be most efficient for my leveling purposes. At 85, I would like to primarily PvP as Holy and perhaps raid casually. This factor makes me want to have my offspec as Holy, which I would also be able to quick queue for LFD with. For questing purposes, my mind immediately jumps to Ret. Are people's statements saying Ret is more inefficient and squishy compared to protection true? I could use some help here guys and galsTuriel3 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 What makes a more epic Paladin? Hello, I'm gonna race change tomorrow, I'm probably gonna end up deciding this myself but I'd like to see some opinions here on the fabulous paladin forums. /hairflip I'm tired of humans, so it's between Draenei & Dwarf Males, I have issues with both draenei's not having full boot visuals since they have hooves and bent capes, then dwarves are rather short, but a manly size if you ask me, but it still bugs me. And humans are just fat gorillas :/ So what do you guys think about these races? No offence to those who like humans.Nitemaretank26 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Holy Paladin and HR I have to say Wow hate the changes to Holy Paladin now. HR is awesome but 2 of those and Shock then LOD.. repeat. Super boring. I am gonna set my pally to the side untill you get us out of this raid healing hell. I have every healer class in game and some are definately better for raid heals. I really liked the changes in Cata which made things much more interesting. This is only my opinion but dang Blizz am super sad that you made paladins raid healers.Mayabella2 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Hey Question for gearing up my Ret PvP When using the Tier 13 2 piece bonus what pieces should I be focusing on? or benefit me the most,Dispersion0 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 4.3 Crit Better than Mastery PvP? I was wondering what to reforge to for ret, whats better overall?Rathuul23 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Gear Check Prot Ok so just got back to wow about 2 weeks ago. Can someone please check my CTC vs. Gems and Enchants? Am I reading all that stuff correctly and doing things correctly. I seem to be doing all right on dungeon grinding but I am about to start doing 10 mans starting with Firelands and want to make sure I ok gear wise and stat wise. Please let me know if you think I need to change around some gems or enchants or possibly find some different gear. I am trying to get more Valor obviously for some armor. I know time has a weaon upgrade, and shield and I am trying to get them. Thanks for your time.Soulstisse5 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Holy Radiance and future Boss Encounters Hey all, As we all know, holy radiance is now a spammable 3sec cast spell, which can be further reduced depending on your haste. However, it will only heal the target it is cast on and anyone else within 10yrds of the said target. (Its like the priest's spell "Prayer of Healing" but with a 10yrd radius). I want to talk about this aspect of the spell design, namely its range. So till now, nearly all the fights in DS, the whole raid is stacking, so we don't see any problems with this spell currently as aoe healing. What happens in future boss mechanics when raid has to stay spread out and there is aoe damage going out as well, how effective will pally's be at raid healing? Take the Festergut fight as an example, ranged is spread out and there is heavy raid damage going on... Does this mean, that designers will have to take in account that pally's are poor healers at raid healing if the raid is spread out and design boss encounters accordingly or just go ahead and design it and leave the raid healing to the other classes? What do you guys think? Will this spell be revisited by blizz's design team and changed again?Andhril0 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 My judgment thumb is deprived... :((Vyndorus2 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Most used PvP Ret Spec? I was just levelling normally until I decided to check out my talents and damn, I did a mistake...A big mistake. Now, I was building for a ret pvp spec that could also be used as utility and damage, and now I am confused. Can someone please help me? Edit: Take a look at my talents, I think I really did a bad thing. Edit #2: This is my second day since I got this character restored.Ludikras7 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Reforging Tank Stats I noticed, that with 4.3 the reforging no longer offers a 1 to 1 ratio for reforging. So is it worth it to reforge one tank stat into another? If it is situational, what are the situations? Is there a cap to the amount of master I want?Dashiizman2 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Please, help me see the light! Am I doing this right? This is not my first tank, but this one seems squishy. Pulling mobs I can tell the healer is struggling. I would really appreciate if you could look at my stats and give me some feedback. I have read the forums on re-forging, block cap, its just to overwhelming. Thank you.Luminesence1 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Paladins! Get creative! 1. Get the add on called MogIt 2. Create your own ideal look. 3. Post it here. Here's mine: http://postimage.org/image/agxntu9in/ Iniq5 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Advice Please So as you might be able to see I have been playing this pally in WOLK and my first pally was at the end of BC. I loved the pally up until 2 weeks ago when I was seriously leeling a DK. I am in love with the DK and everything about them. I also am out aggrd when being paired with another tank in any raid. Even AoE >.> I would have no problem staying with my DK and dropping my pally but now I have some FoS that you cant get anymore. Someone please give me something to hate DK's for and make me love the class like I once did. It breaks my heart to stop playing her...Inkrest2 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Ret Paladin Trinket Questions To get to the point, I'm stuck at deciding which trinkets to use and what stats I should be aiming for in those trinkets. At the moment I am using Essence of the Eternal Flame and Heart of Rage*. Mostly due to the STR/Mast combo. But I feel as if I could be getting more out of my dps if I perhaps considred using these: Vessel of Acceleration Apparatus of Khaz'goroth Honestly, I'm unsure of how much value I should place on mastery on the trinkets over Crit. I know the stat priority is STR>Mastery>Crit=Haste** but does that also carry over to trinkets? I would assume it does but then I'm not sure of the conversion tables either for each stat. If I knew the conversion tables I could perhaps make a more educated decision but as it is, I don't and I havn't been able to locate them. If you know them I would appreciate it if you posted them here. *Reforged the Expertise into mastery **According to trusted information sites, Haste and Crit are equal in its value to a player and are based on preference when it comes to a Ret Paladin. -I use Crit-Llyell7 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 what should a paladin haste % be as of 4.3 Hello, what should a paladin haste % be in 4.3 my haste is 6.31% item level 377/380 Hit chance is 11.18% Crit chance is 8.69% exp 39 attack power is above 12k Soak10 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 QOL: Seal refreshing and Death Blizzard can we please change the current seal system? Seals now COST 0 mana. Seals now stay present upon death and resurrection. Reapplying a seal in a BG is not even interesting or fun.Mezasu10 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Question(s) About Ret Paladin PvP Hello, fellow paladins! I hope everything is going well for you, and I hope that gearing up for season 11 PvP (or Tier 13, whatever suits your fancy) is going well for you. :) I am currently in the process of gearing up for season 11. I am nearly finished. I am waiting to gear up completely first before gemming, but that is the reason I have come to this forum with a question, and maybe more if I can think of them. I can honestly say I am a noob when it comes to Ret PvP. I have been doing it for a few months now, but never really took the time to understand the mechanics of it until now, because at first, I didn't really care. I'm on a RP server so I just liked the look of the gear, not the stats. However, transmog has come, and I can now make my gear look like whatever I want to. I've found that PvP has grown on me though, and I actually want to start becoming halfway decent at it. I have been using sites like Retributionpaladins.com and noxxic.com to attempt to improve my PvP skills. I am sort of confused at the moment though, because according to Retributionpaladins, When gemming, I am only supposed to match the gem to the socket when I get a bonus of 20 strength or more. However, Noxxic says that I should always match the gem to the socket if it means a strength or resilience bonus of any kind. My question is this: Which one should I listen to, if either? My current thought process is this: If the gem is going to give me more strength or resilience than the bonus, then why should I get the bonus? However, I am new to this whole thing, and that is why I am asking you. Any feedback on this would be great. Also, if you would like to take a look at my current build, feel free. Just keep in mind that I have not gemmed any thing for season 11, and I don't plan to until I'm completely geared up. If I think of any more questions, I will edit this post. Thank you very much. TLDR; I am asking if there is ever a circumstance where I should or should not match a gem to a socket as a Ret Paladin.Xentar17 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Hey, read it SCREW THE RULES I HAVE SEXY HAIR! Questions?Bestira0 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Anyone notice that 2pc Holy isn't working? Maybe it isn't showing up or I'm just missing it since I just got it. But I don't see any improvement in mana. Is it just not showing up in the tooltip?Morbys2 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 2 Piece T13 (Ret) feels strange I understand that the extra HoPo generation may feel a little weird getting used to, I can deal with that. What I'm noticing, however, is that the delay between hitting the ability and getting the actual point of holy power is much longer when hitting judgement compared to the delay when hitting crusader strike.Macster7 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 very noobish question but soc i have a question, with sor able to hit everyone will it interrupt them from capping the flag?.. since their are a lot of baddies in bgs such as ab ppl tend not to aoe around the flag ...so say i am fighting 2 ppl in ab farm and i hit target A next to target B who is trying to cap the flag, when i cast crusader strike on target A will it interrupt target B? at this moment i am speced to ds for that reasonJudgëmënt21 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Help me with holy? Since the patch dropped, iam a little lost i feel if my DL and WoG aren't hitting nearly as hard, as well as what is our best stat is it still haste, or is it mastery now with the change to HR? If anyone could give me some tips on how to play a holy pally a little better i would really appreciate it?Liltubbs2 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Ret PvP Trinks Currently debating on what trinkets to use, do i grab the on use + str or just rock the chance on hit to give str. also be rocking the imparing trink. thoughts? thanks #stackresilNixxo6 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Looking to pvp Hey all, I am looking to have a crack at pvp as a holy paladin. But i have no idea where to start first with gear? I know ill have to start with the honor gear and work up but which pieces first? Or does it really matter? Any help here would be greatPhotas1 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Holy Paladin - Stat Priority 154 Mastery or 160 Haste? I'm thinking Haste is good for us, but Mastery is way better. Thanks for the help in advanced. I have no guild to ask and trade chat is just trolls who will say what stat is preferred for them.Takaiana11 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Hand of Light damage addon help. Sup..i been looking everywhere for an addon that shows the total damage of "Strike X" + Hand of light's damage, all in one big nice number... is there any addon out there that does that? O_oSamiel6 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Holy Paladin PVP Gear? When getting geared for a holy paladin, what gear do you go for in pvp? Do you go for int/spirit gear?Kroar1 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Where have all the ret gone T.T I BG alooot and I have yet to come across a single ret paladin >< Where are youo people T.T What happened to the winged paladin that brought doooomLiaine31 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Geared to the max but pathetic damage As you can see from the armory, I'm geared to the max. I was looking at the numbers scrolling off of Mik's Scrolling Battle Text and was appalled. I had just applied INQ with 3 HP, then hit CS. The first one came up as 5700, the next 7500, then I got a 15k CS. In comparison to the average DK or Warrior they tell me they are hitting 15-30K. Is there something wrong with the add on or are you people seeing the same number? Or should I be using a different damage add on?Agincourt12 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Light of Dawn I'm gearing my offspec and i'm getting close to being able to heal, and I was wondering if there would be a time to use Light of Dawn. Practical's guide didn't mention anything about it.Perilous7 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Prot Trinket Question Hey guys, I just got the Indomitable Pride (off first boss of normal DS), and I wonder if I should use the Veil of Lies, which has stam + chance to increase dodge OR Stay of Execution which has dodge + on-use damage absorption. Which one should I use with Indomitable Pride? Thank youSevaryn1 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Prot Paladin 2s/3s team? I know I am not 85 but I speak for when I reach it. I have done BGs as prot for the majority of this characters levels, and I was ALWAYS atleast third on the board. I see different opinions on on whether prot would do well in arenas with a fire mage. Hear me out, I think with a prot pally's stuns, silences, and survivability along with a fire mage's ability to kite and pull !@#$ tons of DPS out of their %^-, I thought it was a good combo. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? I have yet to find another person for 3s so I can't say my plans for that yet.Hôlybõvine6 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 14, 2011 Holy meta gem question Which is the optimal meta for healing in DS? Burning Shadowspirit Diamond or Ember Shadowspirit Diamond Dawnbringer7 Dec 14, 2011
Dec 13, 2011 Holy PvP Build I have been searching around for what is considered the best Holy PvP build, particularly arena 3s. However, I haven't found a definite answer. Also, any basic tips or tricks would be greatly. appreciated. I've only played dps pvp classes and really have no idea about pvp healing. ThanksAllurbase2 Dec 13, 2011