Paladin

Dec 29, 2011 0 Haste, is Judgments of the Pure useless? So in my full PvP gear I have Zero haste, is the talent judgment of the Pure useless? Does it even increase my white swing at all? On my char screen it says +0.00% haste, when hovering the mouse over haste it reads, ... While Judgment of the Pure is active, it reads: ... At this point, is this talent 100% useless for me? I currently spec JotP over Protector of the Innocent (to get to Last Word) but I was wondering if there was any point in doing so anymore. Also, I know Protector of the Innocent isn't a good talent in itself, but it has to be better then a 100% useless talent, right? Thanks for any info! :)Jinix7 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Trying to hit 1550+ in 2s and possibly 3s. Since I'm done with school until spring semester I decided to dedicate more time to pvp. I know I'm missing some enchants with several of my gear but due to the patch everything skyrocketed and can't afford everything although I'm in the process of getting the leg enchants. Should I replace all my vicious gear with S11 Ruthless in bgs or continue doing arenas? Is Eternal Glory worth replacing Seals of the pure? Any tips would be helpful thanks.Laura3 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Hand of Protection does hand of protection drop threat when used on a tank?Hatul2 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Prot Shoulders?? So currently wearing. Pauldrons of the Dragonblight I won these in Raid Finder, Dragon Soul - Morchok and wondering which ones should I go with??? Brackenshell Shoulderplates I am also open for any suggestions on my current gear set up. I am working towards Valor Neck and then Boots after that... Soulstisse2 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Windwalk enchant and Ret PvP I'm putting windwalk on my weapon. YepTarvoz6 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Blessed life in PvE I read somewhere recently that it can trigger off alot of spell dmg in Dragon Soul. I had previously understood that the boss or an add would have to melee you to trigger it, does it indeed trigger from alot more?Dorbartirius2 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Judgements of the Pure tracking add ons? Hi folks, just looking for some help with the above buff, as I've found that since 4.3 I've had troubles keeping track of Judgement of the Pure, as I either forget to watch for it and it falls off(Too busy watching my raid frames and my own toon to make sure I'm not standing in badness), or it just get jumbled up with all my other buff icons. I'm just wondering if there's an add on that could make the time for this buff more obvious, and maybe allow me to move it so that its under the raid frames, so I can pretty much see the status of the buff at all times in the area of the screen I'm looking at most of the time. Thanks!Ashli7 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 4.3 Prot Gear List This is simply a list of tank items added in 4.3 from the new instances, raids, crafted, and valor rewards. Items listed for 'tier' and 'raid' are the normal 10/25 items. LFRaid have slightly lower stats, and heroic slightly higher. Helm: Instance: Annihilan Helm Valor: Jaw of Repudiation Tier: Faceguard of Radiant Glory Neck: Valor: Guardspike Choker Instance BoE: Twilight Amulet Shoulders: Instance: Pauldrons of the Dragonblight Raid: Brackenshell Shoulderplates Tier: Shoulderguards of Radiant Glory Back: Instance: Iceward Cloak Valor: Indefatigable Greatcloak Chest: Instance: Breastplate of Tarnished Bronze Valor: Chestplate of the Unshakable Titan Tier: Chestguard of Radiant Glory Wrist: Valor: Bracers of Unrelenting Excellence Crafted: Titanguard Wristplates Raid: Graveheart Bracers Weapon: Instance: Gavel of Peroth'arn Raid: Hand of Morchok Raid: Souldrinker Shield: Instance: Corrupted Carapace Raid: Blackhorn's Mighty Bulwark Relic: Valor: Stoutheart Talisman Hands: Instance: Gauntlets of Temporal Interference Valor: Gauntlets of Feathery Blows Tier: Handguards of Radiant Glory Waist: Instance: Girdle of Lost Heroes Valor: Forgesmelter Waistplate Raid: Goriona's Collar Legs: Instance: Bloodhoof Legguards Crafted: Foundations of Courage Tier: Legguards of Radiant Glory Feet: Instance: Chrono Boots Valor: Bladeshatter Treads Raid: Stillheart Warboots Rings: Instance: Queen's Boon Valor: Signet of the Resolute Raid: Curled Twilight Claw Raid: Hardheart Ring Trinkets: Instance: Veil of Lies Valor: Fire of the Deep Raid: Indomitable Pride Raid: Resolve of Undying Raid: Soulshifter VortexPallisade20 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Is it cool to be over CTC? So with all the recent upgrades, I am over CTC.. around 111%ish with mastery elixer. As my title asks, is this cool? I really don't fully understand how the diminishing returns work on parry and dodge. I just know (at least with previous patches), that ideally you want 10% dodge, 10% parry, and the rest block. I'm still stacking mastery every chance I get. Should I be? Am I missing out on potential dodge and parry that would negate damage as opposed to mitigate it? All it would take is some reforging to balance things out. Advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.Baltard4 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Holy pally pvp weapon question I just got the healing mace from deathwing (raid finder one) and I'm wondering if the proc would be better than the extra resil instead of the season 10 ruthless mace. I'm full ruthless with a three conquest pieces so resil isn't really an issue anymore. Thravik2 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Gurthalak, voice of the deeps ENCHANT? Whats the best enchant for this weapon, it is RF, if that makes a difference. Trying to up my DPS :PNahkriin39 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Lower level Ret pvp or Prot? Ive been doing some lower level pvp as Prot and its pretty nice except for a couple exceptions. My question tho is I was thinking about trying Ret and im not sure how it really does in BGs. The main thing that scares me is how do I deal with ranged? With Prot I can throw out a silence with my avengers shield and that is really nice and does pretty decent dmg. Does ret have any way to deal? Any outcomes that end up better as Ret? Again this is lower level (my level). Thanks for any input or advice you can giveWarforge0 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Tanking Trinket Effect?? The trinket Resolve of Undying Does this reset your diminishing value for dodge every time the timer resets? Other words, every swing of your weapon resets the counter to 10 and gives you another stack. If not does it reset it for just 750 points of the dodge?Cillica2 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Need help understanding tanking seals. I took about 15 moths off, i went to prison about 2 weeks after LK was released, made it to about 55 of his HP left, but never killed :( anyway I come back, soooooo much different, I been back for 3 weeks(and look at my gear, been working hard hehe, plus they make it to easy) I hate how in cata a new raid comes out and then 3 new 5 mans come out that between them drops and badge drops you can have the same ilevel as the previous normal raid. Remember BC? if you made a new toon you had to do kara/mags/gruuls etc, even tho BT is there. Now it would be run some 45 mans that got the equivelent gear as SSC and TK....!@#$ that. I would have much prefered running all the raids to get my gear for dragon soul, now i feel ill never see all the cata raids. OK forget that, these are my questions::::: Main thing I need to know between lines -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Anyway. to the simple question. All I ever used was Seal of Truth(think it used to have a diffeent name) Even for AoE. Now according to spellbook, truth is ret. Regardless it is still obviously the boss seal. I still have been using it for everything. My theory after thinking(copy and past this and write correct answers pls): 1. Seal of rightous trumps truth- for fast single target kills 2. Seal of Truth is for long single target boss fights. 3. HotR DOES NOT proc Seal od truth on every target it hits(in wrath thatswhy it was the AoE seal aswell, becuase 4 targets would have this stacking ion them 4. For all trash use seal of rightous(alternate idea, fast trash use it, long raid trash use truth so the target you are crually on is getting the 5 stack) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Plz elaborate, I have learning to do yet, before I left I was boss. Everybody wanted me as their tank. I could learn it all myself but dont have time, i gotta catch uop. I already ;learned quite a bit. Also has beeen on my mind: -------- I understand Mastery>Avoid(equal out parry/dodge)>stamina>armor.Exp/hit I could use help her to, im at 53% block 16% dodge 17.25% parry unbuffed. I hate to turn more avoid to mastery, kinda wanna wait to get more DS gear and just let the 102.7 happen. But now we got tier 13 shoulders with expertise, gloves hit, and the only cape available with new raid by badges is expertise. Why is blizz doing this if expertise is junk? If i didnt do any reading id be soft capped expertise and capped hit, and just letting master dodge and parry sit as i get the gear without trying to get 102.7. but after reading I understand 102.7, of course it rocks. Holy sheild at 102.7 means there will be no hit thats not atleast lowered 50% for 10 seconds every 30 seconds, and the toher 20 seconds its 20%. and then you got 20% all dmg reduce every 2 min and then the 50% one and ardent dfendr, its crazy. Just how to use it all right is the secret. with 102.7 I can see a pally never taking more than half a blow. ---------- ALSO: Any other tips that any od you can think of that didnt work in wrath and does now, or worked in wrath and dont now or anything like that any tips of the new pally tank would be apreciated. I do good dont get nme wrong, ive killed 5 bosses in DS on reg mode, 6 on raid finder. every heroic with flying colors. Again ive always learned everything myself reading a tad here and there, this is the first time ive asked for advice just becuase I am so far behind I am am ready to start claearing DS and get ionto heroic. Im not dumb, I know my toon, I know how to tank, just need help adjusting. tuhanks.Ðivinee7 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 That T13 2 piece is.... Swaggalicious. I took it off after using it all week... all I can say is if you're playing Ret without it you're really missing out.Brackett12 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Just wondering but.. is Ret spec Dead? I'm scared! I might have to tank again.Clintez3 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 is this it ? Is ruthless set for prot pally in PVP ? Expertise is it important to me ? I thought dodge and parry rating is good for me ? I am confused. Thanx.Hankdeetank1 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 transmog question anyone know some plate leggings that would look good with this gearset. i have the purple dress thing, not the biggest fan of it. any help would be awesome.Angrytoast0 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 29, 2011 Prot pally woes I decided to dust off my Prot paladin I used to play back in Wrath. I enjoyed tanking quite a bit back then because it was fairly simple with the "969" rotation. I understand the changes to our rotation in Catalcysm as well as the Holy Power mechanic, but I'm finding tanking under this new system very cumbersome. I feel like I'm fighting cooldowns and constantly hunting for an ability that's available -- i.e. I end up staring at the hotbar instead of the action on screen. Can anyone recommend any mods that one might use to more easily keep track of which abilities are available for use? Or any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks! Gortigus6 Dec 29, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Holy pally question I have a question about the talent "blessed life". It gives a charge of holy power whenever you take direct damage and cannot occur more then once every 8 seconds, when you have 2 points into it. My question is, what is considered "Direct damage".Allerya9 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Is Prot bad for Dragon Soul Heroic =( ? My guild is currently on Heroic progression , Dragon soul 10m , i just feel like my amazing prot paladin that would overcome almost anything in Heroic FL is almost being killed every 3 or 4 seconds in Dragon Sould Heroic =( . . . Any1 having the same feeling ?Howly7 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Question about holy radiance Does holy radiance stack for every person you have it on. So if I have it on 2 or more players, does the aoe effect stack?Rickpaladin2 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Holy Pally PVP Advice In the process of gearing this toon and looking for some help on gearing, gemming, enchants, reforging and stat priority for Holy pvp. Should I take all gear with spirit is there a min/max spirit to reach? Is mastery a better choice than haste? Any help and/or advice about my gear spec would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Edit: Also I need the shoulder enchant but found out the one in deepholm is not boa like the head so once I get better shoulders I'll get the pvp enchant.Blutò3 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Noob tankadin wanting advice - and mog ideas. Heya. Basically as title indicates. When I hit 58, I'm gonna "skip" Outlands by dungeon-grinding (netting me valuable tanking practice and gear loads better than questing could) until Northrend (which is much more fun)/ I already have a fury-warrior miner-smith touring the area and prepping some gear for then. But I know I'll still need some education, which is where you guys come in. Also, outside of the Judgement tier/recolor and the PVP stuff, which, frankly, I'm sick of seeing mogged over and over, what're some good transmog ideas for armor that looks suitably "hero of the Light" as befitting a male Human Paladin? Something with some gold or light-blue or white being prominent would be perfect (dunno about weapon/shield, though). I almost-always have helm not shown, so "goofy hat" isn't much of a worry.Calberth5 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 4pc dps question Would replacing my helm and heroic firelands pants with lfr T13 to get 4pc T13 bonus result in a dps gain or loss?Zumia2 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Zealotry w/ Divine Storm Could we get zealotry to work with divine storm as well? And idk what they want to do in mists of pandaria with us (I heard they're reverting divine storm back to holy power which would be cool) but if they aren't doing that, could you make it so concecration under ret costs holy power and does instant damage and per stack lasts for 1 second? I think that would solve the mana issue w/concecration as well as the spending of holy power during an aoe rotation.Wanacomplain16 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Holy Pally PVP sup guys this is an alt that lately a friend and I have decided to start doing some arena. we've started off doing alright with no real concentration and research. Just looking for some criticism on a gear/spec etc. also does anyone stream their 2s? I run with a rogue in 2s right meow. -BirvBirvbearpig2 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Does Hand of light double dip from resil? Do anyone know? It seems that way because my damage that comes from hand of light is MUCH lower percentage than it would be on a pve target. Help?Oldestguy2 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Ret Mastery/Crit.... wtf is the difference In all the PvP guides here I keep seeing people with different opinions, different stat priorities. What IS THE DIFFERENCE between the two? I'm so sick and tired of all these changes to paladins to where no one really seems to know what's best for the class. If I stack CRIT instead of MASTERY, what do I gain? What do I lose? If I stack MASTERY instead of CRIT, what do I gain? What do I lose? Griimjow20 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 BIS prot pally does anyone have an updated BIS list for prot pallys? or a link to one? i didnt notuice the sticky having any 397 gear listedEary2 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Note on Judgement holy power delay I clearly can cast judgement on a druid well before cycloned, however once in the cyclone I do not get the extra holy power due to the delay. Should be looked at as well.Brackett3 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Ret PVP Questions I just started arenas last night for the first time ever and I loved it! Definitely need to work on some things, and so I have some questions: 1. Inquisition: I've realized I never use this. Not sure if this is dumb or not. Should I be using this often? Or saving my HPs for TV and WoG? 2. CDs: Should I blow all my CDs at once? I.e. combo Wings, on-use trinket, Guardian, and Zealotry all at once? Or should I combine them in different ways? 3. I'm sitting just below 4.5k resilience and seem to survive well, but when my abilities are on CD, I don't feel like I hit all that hard. Should I mix in some PVE gear (such as T13 2PC and a trinket) to increase my damage? Or will having higher resilience be more forgiving as I am learning the arena ropes and continually make mistakes? Thanks in advance!Valpin4 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Need Ret Paladin Help/Advice I just started playing my paladin again. Haven't played her but a couple of times since before Cataclysm. I was prot but since I've forgotten alot and noticed my gear was behind what it should be, I've decided to roll ret instead. She desperately needs gear for any spec though so Im going to quest to at least get my cata-greens. (shes level 80) Problem is, I have no idea what Im doing, LOL! Any ret pallies on Stormreaver willing to help? Or if not, anyone willing to chat outside of the game? I Google everything but I get alot of conflicting info and don't know what is right.Püffpüffhëäl0 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 What am I doing wrong (Holy Pally) So I just got my 4pc and took the blue crystal on Ultraxion. I pulled about 41k HPS while the other Holy Pally pulled 49k HPS http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zcdswfiynwzdik4c/analyze/hd/source/?s=7986&e=8318 Im not really sure what we did different. We both spammed HR with LoD once we got the blue crystal. I popped a volcanic right after the Hour of Twilight, and Divine Favor/Avenging Wraith/Ancient after that dropped, and then Bloodlust. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't switch targets with HR, but im not sure it matters that muchCowmilk2 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Pally Transmog's Please share your creations with everyone.Tituschica1 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Weapon Question Would I be better off using the heroic axe off of yorsahj if it drops tonight or normal deathwing weapon? Which is better?Howdoing4 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 28, 2011 Ret DPS question First of i want to say that this ret set and spec was thrown together in about 6 hours with the help of a guildmate last evening. i ran a few heroics and tested out my rotation on the raid dummy's. Im hoping i will be able to raid firelands Thursday evening with my guys as a DSP instead of the Healing role i normal get placed into. Just wondering if any experienced ret could give me a little look over and tweek what ive done with my gear and spec. Im also looking for an approximation of what kind of dps i should be pulling. i was managing 18k or so all evening over an spread of 4 different heroics. Just wondering if that is on par with what is expected. Thanks, SeirSeirgried1 Dec 28, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Judgement change So they changed judgement to not attack your nearest enemy when you judge.. which is lame IMO. How would I make a macro to make it work like it used to?Huularraa5 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Ret Macro question Hi guys, I was just wondering what the "Start attack" does in this macro. /Cast crusader strike /Cast Start attack tyvm Morgraine3 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Gem choice for Tank Gear I need some help on gem choice. I am deciding between [item="Defender's Demoneye" /] or [item="Fractured Amberjewel" /] The socket bonus is 20 Parry rating, I don't know if I should just stack Mastery or go for the socket bonus. Actually I have the same question for every other pieces of gear, should I stack all mastery gem and give up the socket bonus unless they are mastery bonus? Thank you.Chokness9 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 This patch is fun I am topping meters everywhere I go because of the set bonuses and the tentacle sword. :)Rakatee0 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 What race is best for tanks? I originally thought Tauren were best because of the stamina bonus and statistically I think they have the best strength although I'm not sure if the blood elf's intellect is more important. Please don't just say the race doesn't matter because I know it's not super important but I would like to know.Ranotega14 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Grass is greener So I thought rets rotation was too simple. So I went for my frost dk. Well I am back...Dathromir1 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Holy paladin VP items. Was wondering what the best items to get with VP first were. Right now my guild can clear 8/8 every week and 1/8 heroic so I don't want to get that vp neck since I could get the heroic one from morchok. Right now I have the cloak and feet from VP. I know there are no relic drops so getting the relic would be the safe bet, but I already have a 391 relic so it doesn't really seem much like an upgrade. I have my 4 set right now (Legs, hands, chest 397's and shoulder 384), 397 belt and wrist. My biggest weak area would be my trinkets which I am using the brewfest egg and the one from well of essence. The VP trinket doesn't look good at all though. Another somewhat weak area is my rings I have the 391 from AoH rep and a 378 one (Spirit/haste) from one of the new heroics. I only see one ring that is on the drop table of DS too so I am thinking I should get a ring next. Am I right in this decision or is there something else that I am missing that doesn't drop from DS?Zorbing2 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 TV? Does inqustion effect TV?Lowprice4 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 So I got a Razer Anansi for christmas... Finished a Twin Peaks with 22 killing blows and 0 deaths. What about you guys?Wadushodu21 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Looking for some feedback. Hello folks, i'm looking for some feedback on how to improve my Ret pally. I am very open to criticism i just ask that you link me to some proof or some websites that i can use to improve. Any advise is much appreciated and as far as my weapon goes i know i don't have it enchanted yet, no enchants available on the AH atm. Although it would be nice to find some hard numbers on if Avalanche or Landslide is better. Thanks in advance for any help.Archidan0 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Sanctity of Battle not working with windfury After a quick check last night it seems that there is still a problem with either sanctity of battle, or windfury/icy talons etc. The tooltips say "increases melee attack speed by 10%" however in the character sheet it shows that my "Haste" goes up by 10% if I have either of these buffs....but these two things are not the same... If windfury/icy talons is supposed to be melee "haste" then it should also apply to our Sanctity of Battle talent. If it is only melee attack speed then it is working as intended and "haste" should not be affected in our character sheets, just the swing speed of our weapon. A response from a GM said that they are aware of this and are investigating the issue. I hope is is supposed to be melee "haste" and not just attack speed and that they fix it. That would make the Sanctity of Battle talent much more viable and haste might be a little stronger of a secondary stat. With 10% haste from that and the 9% from Judgements of the Pure, that would take CS cooldown to approximately 3.7 without haste from gear. Would that fix/change make anyone else not hate haste on gear so much? Open for opinions :)Ragnorock1 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Leveling a paladin So i have decided to level a paladin just for fun and am deciding on whether to spec ret or prot while leveling. I would normally assume that ret would be the best since it is the damage spec but ive heard prot is ridiculously op at lower levels. So which is the way to go?Tigerblöod5 Dec 27, 2011
Dec 27, 2011 Mastery lower ilvl vs non mastery higher ilvl Hi so i'm just wondering if something like Pauldrons of the Dragonblight would be better than Heaving Plates of Protection? even though they don't have mastery? thanks in advanceÆsîr2 Dec 27, 2011