Paladin

Dec 1, 2011 What should I buy with VP? I'm worried about buying any of the T12 pieces because theres an equivalent item that drops for all of the slots in the new 5 mans. What would be the safest piece to buy?Revika12 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Gearing up for lvl 80 questing.... Yeah, lvl 80, not 85. Is there any kind of special gear I should take note of to get in any dungeons or quests I should look out for that will "help" me quest in Cata zones when I reach lvl 80? Or shall I just pick up every blue I randomly get?Lithanos1 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 No Paladin changes in the hotfix patch but every other class had something added or fixed. Was kinda hoping blizz saw its way when they utterly destroy and removed HoW from paladin toolbars.Frelikk5 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Protection Paladin 4.2 firelands gear list Normal mode Cloaks Mantle of Patience : Elemental Bonds: The Vow Durable Flamewrath Greatcloak : Avengers of hyjal rep Rings Theck's Emberseal : Firelands BoE drop Lylagar Horn Ring : Vendor Varlan Highbough Nemesis Shell Band : Vendor Varlan Highbough Deflecting Brimstone Band : 1250 Valor points Adamantine Signet of the Avengers : Avengers of hyjal rep Necks Fireheart Necklace : Vendor Zen'Vorka Stoneheart Necklace : 1250 Valor points Firebound Gorget : Firelands BoE drop Weapons Elementium-Edged Scalper : Blacksmithing BoE Unbreakable Guardian : Blacksmithing BoE Obsidium Cleaver : Firelands BoE drop Mandible of Beth'tilac : Beth'tilac Shields Shard of Torment : Baleroc Helms Helm of Blazing Glory : Baleroc Immolation Faceguard : Tier token drop from Ragnaros Shoulders Spaulders of Recurring Flame : Alysrazor Pauldrons of Roaring Flame : Ragnaros Immolation Shoulderguards : Tier token from Majordomo Staghelm Chest Immolation Chestguard : 2200 Valor points Carapace of Imbibed Flame : Beth'tilac Bracers Ricket's Gun Show : Vendor Damek Bloombeard Gigantiform Bracers : 1250 Valor points Bracers of Regal Force : 1250 Valor points Bracers of the Fiery Path : Majordomo Staghelm Gloves Eternal Elementium Handguards : Blacksmithing BoE Flickering Handguards (Random stats) : Lord Rhyolith Immolation Handguards : 1650 Valor points Waists Girdle of the Indomitable Flame : Avengers of hyjal rep Uncrushable Belt of Fury : Shannox Legs Legplates of Frenzied Devotion : Shannox Lavaworm Legplates : Alysrazor Immolation Legguards : 2200 valor points Feet Mirrored Boots : Blacksmithing BoE Cracked Obsidian Stompers : Lord Rhyolith Trinkets Moonwell Phial : Vendor Ayla Shadowstorm Scales of Life : Firelands BoE raid drop Spidersilk Spindle : Beth'tilac Stay of Execution : Avengers of hyjal rep Relics Deathclutch Figurine : 700 Valor points Relic of Tortolla : Vendor Varlan Highbough normal mode set Helm: Helm of Blazing Glory Shoulders: Immolation Shoulderguards Neck: Stoneheart Necklace Cloak: Mantle of Patience Chest: Immolation Chestguard Hands: Immolation Handguards Ring1: Deflecting Brimstone Band Ring2: Adamantine Signet of the Avengers Waist: Girdle of the Indomitable Flame Wrists: Bracers of the Fiery Path Legs: Immolation Legguards Feet: Mirrored Boots Weapon: Mandible of Beth'tilac Shield: Shard of Torment Relic: Deathclutch Figurine Trinket1: Scales of Life Trinket2: Spidersilk SpindleMagnetic13 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Holy Radiance in 4.3 ---Holy Radiance now has a 3.0-second cast time, no cooldown, and requires a player target. That target is imbued with Holy Radiance, which heals them and all group members within 10 yards instantly, and continues to heal them by a smaller amount every 1 second for 3 seconds. Oh dear.Lucreta116 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Light of Dawn Thank you for the improved spell effect, I didn't see any notes seeing that they fixed it. Shoots more frontward, you see many small circles spinning around, I like. Thank you.Syyan5 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 did they nerf Beacon of light or buggy when i cast Beacon of Light on a target, whenever i get healed, the target also receive 50% of what i get healed. even heal from Seal of Insight and Protector of the Innocent. For instance, my Seal of Insight heals me 127 HP everytime i hit, the Beacon of light target also get 66 HP healed. right now, the target doesnt gain HP when i get healed from those 2 skills. he only gains hp when i cast heal spell(like Holy Light, flash heal and so on) on the party, not whenever i get healed. also, when i look at the Beacon of Light icon on the target, the description sometimes shows Devotion Aura or Blessing of the King. could that be the reason why the target doesnt get healed? by the way, Seal of Insight, it says it also restore 4% of my base mana. before, when i cast Judgement on an enemy, i always gain 200 mana. now, i dont see any blue number pops when i use that since the patch came out.Loktard2 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Holy Radiance Free action bar space, wewtRoyal10 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 NERF ret Paladins I admit before they are a bit underpowered. Now it's just to much, anybody that places their face on the keyboard can be competitive. TO MUCH BLIZZ please try and find a balance where it's fair for all classes please.Xenaprincess10 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Selfless healer as ret spec Whats your thoughts on Selfless healer to boost damage buff as ret? I noticed another ret pally today doing amazing dps and I asked him he said that was his secret. Creating a macro focus tank/ cast word of glory At three stacks of Holy power this increases damage by around 12 or 15% somthing like that. He said he keeps it up at all times. But I would need to put two points into it and not sure what to sacrifice those talent points on.Sinistar7 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 2 piece rocks Well tried first on my other paladin, got nothing, did a run on this one and got two piece tier 13. I can finally win duels, what more is there to say. I hope I'm not unlucky on my other paladin and run it every week with no luck. Real test is in arena, my other pally had a better team, so thats where I ideally want to test it. Anyone else liking the bonus? I noticed a slight delay on hte hp getting added after judge, but it was rather minor.Seoinage0 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 PvP forced to take PvE set bonus.. Hey guys just wondering if anyone else feels like it's a must to get the 2 piece PvE set bonus for use in PvP. In my opinion, the extra free holy power per 8 seconds would be invaluable for extra damage at the expense of resilience. Extra Holy Power generation means more TVs, easier to get Inquisition up and can have 3 Holy Power ready for a WoG every 10 seconds. Thoughts?Saintinel0 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Prot T13 Set. I have to say, I'm really liking the patch so far. Got a few solid attempts in at the new raid and was looking forward to my T13. Until I actually looked at it. Is there some reason our tanking set has less stats than the DK and Warrior ones on the same slots? We're out 20 str, 12 hit and 10 avoidance on our gloves for example. Also, parry much? If I went for the 4 piece, which I pretty much have to if I want to get DG back to what it was pre-nerf, my parry is going to be well over my dodge, even after reforging. Can we talk about the 2 piece bonus too? 25% of my judgement damage as a shield, awesome. Except when you look at judgement damage. If I have full vengeance my judgement hits for about 16k. Without full vengeance (ie: any fight where I am not constantly taking damage, so all of them), I'm lucky to break 10k. We'll assume the higher number here, so 16k. With the 2 piece, every 8 seconds I get a shield for 4k. So every 8 seconds I can completely absorb 1 hit from a lvl 85 nonelite mob. I appreciate the effort, but perhaps make the shield a flat number (perhaps just 5k?), instead of based on damage. As it is now, it's even more worthless if I have no vengeance up. I am happy that the warrior 2 piece was brought more in line with ours, as when it was first announced the bonus heavily favored them.Ladynishi3 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Retribution PvP Hello fellow paladins, I am currently leveling this alt and I want to pvp as Ret at level 85 but I keep hearing people that say that Ret sucks... Is it only that they don't know how to play or are they trolls? They burst like hell when all the CDs are used at the same time and then they become useless, is that it? Just say something so that I keep that dream of kicking butts as a Ret pally pl0x D: Zealotry31 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Seal of Insight broken? Whenever I use Judgement even with Seal of Insight up I gain back 0 mana, anyone else noticing this?Antsy4 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Speed of Light still 4 seconds?? Wasn't Speed of Light supposed to last 6 seconds with Divine Protection on a 30sec CD? We had 5 speed boosts a min, now we have 2. Considering everything, why was this changed back to 4 seconds. This a bug? Anyone know?Arche0 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Ret PvP in 4.3 Does anyone know how we are being compensated for the huge loss to our burst that was sanctified wrath. I can't find any numbers on just how much SoT or 2H specialization was buffed but I doubt it will be enough to make up for the loss.Dynamight37 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Holy Radiance is now... AMAZING!!! First of all, I would like to say that I am sorry for you PvP paladins who think this spell is bad. I can understand how in Arenas its a major loss, since even if you have all 3 of your team stack (bad idea) it would still suck. Plus the loss of the speed increase has to hurt. However... THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING CHANGE I HAVE SEEN FOR PVE!!! Seriously, its so freaking awesome I can't put it into words. I raid 10m, and last night we went into DS without knowing any boss strats at all (we thought 4.3 was dropping next week so we didn't look any of them up). Long story short, we downed the first 3 bosses, with each bosses never taking more than 3 attempts to kill. We got one good shot in on boss 4 (stormcaller, w/e) but our tank had a family emergency and had to cut out early. For those who don't know, ALL of the first 3 bosses have phases where the entire raid stacks. Seriously, its the most beautiful thing I have ever seen as I began to spam HR during high AoE phases. For those first 3 kills, HR accounted for at least 25% of my healing, if not more. For those who don't know how to use it, let me give you some tips. 1) ONLY cast HR if you have multiple people stacked. If your raid is spread at all, don't do it. If you have at least 3-5 people in the stack, its safe to cast. Any less than that and you are better off casting HL/DL 2) Don't cast HR on the same person multiple times. The HoT that HR puts on is amazing, and if you cast it on one person more than once you will override the HoT. You should target, cast, then switch. This will help you a lot since you will have multiple HoTs out at one time, even if that overlap is only for a few seconds. 3) If you are stacked and are looking for an AoE rotation, we Finally have one!!! Basically, its this HR -> HS -> HR -> LoD The reason you throw HS in there is because you are shooting for a Infusion of Light Proc. Since HR generates HoPo now, you can charge up 3 HoPo very quickly and dump it in a LoD. Why use LoD you may ask? Well, if you are casting HR, your raid should be stacked up, in which case your LoD is going to hit 6 (or 4 depending on Glyph) people for sure. The combined Beacon healing from 6 targets getting hit by LoD is significant, and can also keep your tank up while you are AoEing. I apologize to everyone who can't see how amazing HR is, or if your specific situation doesn't allow you to use HR to its full potential. However, I can tell you that HR is, without a doubt, the MOST amazing change I have seen for H-Pallys in the 5 years I have been playing this game (last 2 xpacs as pally).Pentecost11 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Is 10-man 2 holy pally healing doable? Hey guys! I was wondering if it's currently doable to have 2 holy pallies in a 10-man. Am considering leveling a pally, but the raid's got a pally already. Otherwise I'll have to level a druid (I wanna have the tank / heal combo) Thanks!Nynn8 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 My god. Hammer of Wrath is half crit dmg now Getting 10K, 11K crits on every dungeon mob was fan-f-tastic. I wanted to cry today, running my first 4.3 dungeon, and it was like 4K with wings, might, everything. Sour times.Dubtronic15 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 where to go to level? It's been a long while since I've played my paladin, and totally forgot where would be the best places to level? starting pali out around level 18. Are there any guides I can look at? Haven't found any as of yet.Eilana0 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Gloves to go with the Imperial Plate set? I just cannot find a fitting glove for the set :(Elewood0 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Mastery over Crit? RET I thought a fair bit of crit would be more important. I am very new to paladinism though. Being a pally noob Id also like to copy someone that has been around awhile. Gems Enchants and so on. If someone could link me a kick !@# pvp ret pally that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.Astiionix3 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Question on Judgement Item Do the chest or pants give the robe like effect??Zouthe4 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 prot pally and mastery hey guys im gearing up my prot pally and im wondering if there is a mastery cap because i am at 47% mastery right now, i do know keep parry and dodge the same. so just want to know if there is a cap.Darksvoodoo3 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Hammer of Wrath usage With the nerfs to Sanctified Wrath in 4.3, how do we fit Hammer of Wrath into our rotation? Is it still a priority with Avenging Wrath up and when in execution phase?Tharius7 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Thoughts on 4.3 So now that the changes for ret have gone through, what are everyone's thoughts on crit vs mastery for pvp? /discussKeltset0 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Haste? So with this new patch, is haste>crit now?Vuruptor2 Dec 1, 2011
Dec 1, 2011 Little help? Hey there guys, I've played this guy for a year, watched a 7 year raiding healer (watched him in vanilla, but he's never played a pally) but I was wondering what I should do for good healing in 4.3 and what I need to do to get in a raid group. Thanks!Holymoose0 Dec 1, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 New weapons... Hey y'all, so I figured I'd ask for a little advice from here. So I'm running the new 4.3 instances with Masterwork Elementium Deathblade with my landslide enchant. And I'm unsure what to upgrade to. The only two 2-handers I've found are Axe of the Tauren Chieftains and Pit Lord's Destroyer. The only comments I've seen so far is "That mace is a great tanking weapon for a DK!" But those are the only two viable upgrades for a ret pally that I'm aware of. I'm fairly satisfied with where my hit rating is currently, and I'd rather have mastery anyways (I'd rather go for the mace as it is), but I don't know much of anything about tanking. Am I going to get a lot of grief from groups if I roll need on either of these? And which do you think I should go for? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I'm mainly a dungeon crawler and quester than I am a raider, but I will get those raids in there too... eventually.Dryadius3 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Anyone finding it hard with the new changes?? Is anyone else having trouble not using judge on Cd? I'm so used to judging even when i don't really need to that i'm still doing it even though i only need to judge every 30s lol.. It's a habit i havent been able to shake yet : |Nasth5 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Haven't seen one of these threads yet, so ... New loot problems. Specifically, tank rolling on DPS loot problems. More specifically, tank who got all tank gear drops uncontested but still rolled on the one DPS item that dropped loot problems. Even more specifically, tank who rolled on the Rosary of Light even though it was the ONLY plate dps item to drop and I was the only plate DPS on the run problems. Loot problems. LOOT PROBLEMS! Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest.Penitent1 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Holy Radiance is awful. Don't nerf it... Dear Blizzard, HR is so bad. If y'all were to nerf it, we would be unplayable. All these paladins claiming different are crazy I tell you, crazy! There is nothing good about it, there is nothing to see. Pay no attention to the spell. Thanks, Disgruntled PaladinStubb7 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Holy offically has a rotation (Holy Radiance, Crusader Strike, Holy Shock; these three in whatever order necessary) Light of Dawn. Couple Divine Lights if needed, then rinse and repeat the above. Is it even necessary for use to use Judgements anymore? Talk about taking away something that actually made this class fun and challenging; yet doable, when being somewhat under-geared.Mkløvin12 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 going oom anyone finding yourself going oom while ret?Cancerstik8 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Ret temperature check please! I've been thinking about going ret for my offspec and, now that the patch has been out for all of 24 hours, I thought I'd ask those of you experienced ret pallies about the status of ret these days. Do I really want to go ret offspec or is it a giant Sh1t sandwich? Thanks in advance for your insights!Texican3 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Power Torrent vs. Heartsong Hey all, I am a HPally and I mainly pvp. I was wondering what you other holy pallies are using on your weapon; heartsong or power torrent. I'd appreciate any feedback on why you use the enchantment you do. ThanksTheiden8 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Wish they could remove GCD of beacon I enjoy beacon swap style healing. It's pretty challenging in a tight fight, sometime it's pure intuitive to guess which dps is about to take damage. And it's quite fun. However, the Global cool down is so annoying, affect the HPS badly when you really want a heal land asap. I don't like to put beacon on tank and heal dps, because of the way how our mastery is designed. Wish the beacon gylph or some talent could remove the GCD of beacon. And by the way, I really think the talant Eternal Glory which give 30% chance for WoG not using holy power should also affect LoD.Releezee2 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Need some advice. Just came back from an extremely long break from WoW. Back in WoTLK I was a tank, and now i'm considering going holy. (i've been questing as ret) What is my best bet for gearing as holy? What stat priorities do I look for? What is the typical "rotation" per se, of holy pallies these days? Basically, I need a lot of help before I start hitting up heroics, and also. is the darkmoon card worth the money?Polyhedron0 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 New arena season with 4.3? does any one know if there going to start one? i havent been able to find out any info on it at all yetNerfmelol6 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 PvP prot pally enchants. Okay enough with the QQ about word of glory. Im looking for some help on finding a weapon enchant, whats the best as a prot pally? Currently im using avalanche, i want landslide but its a fortune. So in summary, Best pvp prot pally enchant other than landslide?Fanatix4 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Crap.... now I want to be a Night Elf paladin. :/Justheoa18 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Re-wording or Fix Hand of Freedom and Cleanse OK this is something I have been complaining about for a long while. I have talked to multiple GM's and I have yet to get a proper answer, and I do not appreciate being talked to like I am a child by the GM's or being told we can't help you with this go to the forums, I thought that is what you guys are there for, but I digress, so here it goes. While in arenas or BG's if a rouge saps me, I am not able to use my Hand of Freedom or my Cleanse. When in use of either they clearly state that hand of freedom or cleanse is suppose to remove a movement impairing effect. Last time I checked when sapped I cannot move so clearly this should fall under the MOVEMENT impairing effect. Same can be said for when a player gets iced by a mage. It is impairing me to move so it should fall into the category of movement impairing effect. Also I find it ironic that PVP trinkets and Every Man For Himself works on saps, ice, fear, basically everything, yet it has almost the same exact wording as Hand of Freedom, so whats up with that? I can understand it maybe not working on fears because in a way my toon is still moving but I have no control of them, but it still does not make much since to have a spell say one thing and yet mean another. So my recommendation either make the spell work as it so clearly states, or change the wording so that is means "snares" like entangling roots or chains of ice not just saying movement impairing effect. Be a little more specific when it comes to these spells because if my toon is not moving it is then a movement impairing effect. Thank you, ~EechoEecho56 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 The Mighty Hammer of Justice http://twitpic.com/7m6fwm Overpowered.Leomarvin0 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Judgement glyph Anyone gonna swap out a glyph for the Judgement one ive been playing around with it but not to sure if its worth it or not.Ummrawr0 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Paladin's level 85 performance? So my first toon was a paladin which i only got to level 20 then i started my hunter, and now im playing a dk. I stopped training my paladin due to my brother having one at 85 and saying that they just aren't to great at end game, so well i never really gave it a chance. I have been playing random bgs and doings instances and pallys always top the charts. Is this true at end game? They just seem totally dominate at this level and lower levels. I'm not asking this because i'm going to go to my pally if they are the best because i play what i enjoy but i'm just curious. I'm thinking i may heirloom him once i ping 85 if they are a well rounded class. I enjoyed mine just like i said never gave it a chance due to being totally new to the game and my brother who has three 85s turned me away from them. Also how are they at healing? Thanks!Golo4 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Holy Radiance is now overpowered (PvE) Any baddie who claims HR is nerfed clearly does not know what he is talking about. Lets do some simple math, shall we? In my 378 gear, my HR's upfront heal is 7k, and the ticks heal for 1.5k. It ticks three times (four under haste effects). This means that if I heal one person with Holy Radiance, it will heal a total of 11.5k. The number of people it can heal before diminishing returns is 6. So when it hits at least 6 people, HR heals 69k. Divine Lights crit for around 60k. In a raid setting I have around 22% crit. HR now heals for 84k. This is 80k+ of healing you're pumping out every two seconds, which translates to 40k HPS. Now you have to take into account mastery affecting the upfront heal, and the Holy Power it provides. And guess what? You don't use any more mana than when you were spamming DL in 4.2.Pyraedine15 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 Worgen Pally Don't yall think it would be kickass,if Worgen's could be pally's???Krillen8 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 I am in love... with all of the haste and spirit on all of our holy gear. Finally, they realized that we're not looking for mastery. /tearSalesh0 Nov 30, 2011
Nov 30, 2011 paladin or shaman Im making a new character, ive been interested in making a healer but ive also been thinking about making another tank. Paladin can do both and shaman seems fun. Both of these classes interest me, ive seen some pretty good paladins and i like the shamans elemental playstyle. Which of these two would you recommend would be more fun to play and which tends to heal better? ill be doing alot of pvp and ill probably raid quite a bit as well.Juggernaugt6 Nov 30, 2011