Paladin

Oct 14, 2011 Holy Pally Haste Question I'm working on getting my holy/divine light down to a 2 second cast and I have it down to 2.17. When I judge I get that lovely 9% increase to casting speed which puts me down to a 1.9someting cast time. Is that buff from judging reliable enough that I can stop reforging for haste now? Thanks ^_^Bubblin1 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 How Am I Doing? hey guys, still new to the whole transmog thing, so don't know if I'm Min/maxing properly with the gear. Just curious how am I doing with gems, enchants and gear? Thanks in advanceZetrov6 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Random occerances in WoW video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzA0LemTY9M IF you dont like vent stuff skip from 1:17 - 9:41 :P lol 3/\/J()y Vassild1 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Blood Elf or Tauren? I'm sure this is asked a thousand times a day, but I'm curious. Why do some people choose Tauren and others Blood Elf? I'm contemplating changing this one into a Belf for Power Torrent... and because I've never had a Belf on my account before.Sunspots29 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Mastery for holy still worthless?Battoussai21 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Paladin Fun Just to throw this out there before i get started i came a day before Trial of the Crusader came out and im not the type of person who goes 'blizz FUUUUUUUU bc was 10x better and vinilla was 1890908908908xbetter and wut not. More spells=more fun imo i dont really know what alot of you guys think about that but for example. SS sacred shield when i could use it whenever i wanted was preeety fun then they took it away when imo they shuld have put on a big cd now its only when you get 30% health and now for pve divine storm is only useful there and divine storm was one of my favorite spells. Chimera shot vesiltility when it could disarm and some other stuff was fun. Blizz make more then 1 spec viable for competitive pvp :D and i think alot more people would have fun.^_^ i personally love this game and aside from the fact im broke as hell "3 and i cant level profs for shyat[gg on 300 first aid] i just love playin paladin even tho when you look at it its not really fun anymore D:. Soz for all the miss types and wut not had a break at school and had to type fast D: For the towelsTakeis12 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Is Ret really that bad? I swear it seems like Rets think they are the shaman of this expansion or something. Been wanting to start playing my Pally again but all the QQ makes me wanna stick with my arcane mage or shadow priest. Are they really that bad, or is it just bad players that would still complain even if rets were #1 DPS?Himea29 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Haste: I'm completely serious If you play Ret in PvP, you really need to try reforging Haste and speccing into Sanctity of Battle. I really don't care how eloquently you can argue that it's stupid. One of Murphy's War Laws: if it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid. So, let's get into a brief overview of what to expect and how it works. Choosing Haste will allow you to deal very respectable damage outside of cooldowns through several means. 1. Faster cooldown on Crusader Strike - this and the next 2 are self-evident, Crusader Strike is the most powerful non-proc, non-Holy Power consuming attack in your set, doing it more is good 2. Faster ramp-up to three Holy Power - you'll be casting more TVs, at a faster rate. 3. Passive boosts - more auto-attacks (and by proxy SoC, and SoT procs), faster Censure ticks, faster JoTB ticks, and a lower GCD on spells (including Cleanse, HoF, Exorcism etc. etc.). 4. More procs - this is no joke, AoW and Divine Purpose become a matter of when not if. You can expect to cast Exorcism more often than Judgment and Holy Wrath. Don't underestimate the effect Haste has on proc frequency. The one criticism I hear most about Sanctity of Battle is that it's impossible to reduce the cooldown of Crusader Strike to three seconds. While true, it's really ignoring the point of the talent. To elaborate: the devs have made no attempt to conceal their philosophy of being GCD locked. They do not want you to be able to push a button every GCD, and a 3 second Crusader Strike cooldown does exactly that. If you want to get all existential about Sanctity of Battle, consider it in terms of how well it reduces the pauses in your rotation that will always be there. Without SoB, the rotation is of course, CS -> filler - > filler -> CS -> stutter (unless proc is available) - > stutter (unless proc is available) - > CS With SoB, you need to simplify that to CS - > filler - > stutter -> CS This rotation entails intentional pausing, but results in less pausing overall. This is because the pauses are shorter (for me they are .8 seconds long, rather than one or more GCDs) and they allow you to keep more than one filler ability available a comfortable majority of the time, ready to be cast as soon as CS goes off again. Give it a try the next time you're killing time or doing maintenance on your Paladin. You'll probably be surprised.Royers39 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 next VP purchase. kinda lost on what i should get next. i have 2520 VPs to spend. i was thinking t12 legs and something else. but im supposley doing H fire birdy and domo tonight with normal rag so not sure if there are upgrades out of there first. any advice would be great Kahn1 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 CS Glyph vs Exo Glyph and AoK I've been trying to work through the decision of choosing either Glyph of Crusader Strike or Glyph of Exorcism while using AoK (Apparatus of Khaz'goroth). After researching other posts, I resolved to create this one because I didn't find enough relevant information to justify one or the other. I've seen the theorycrafting and I fully understand the raw power/dps goes to Glyph of Exo which is what I'm using now; however, I'm looking to determine if the potential nature of ramping AoK stacks faster to sync up with our cooldowns by critting more often would ultimately have stronger positive impact on dps over the course of a fight. I'm not finding where the details of these examples have been aptly explored. This discussion also applies to possibly using the Glyph of CS with Vessel of Acceleration as well since it requires critical strikes to ramp up to more critical rating, which in turn increases AoK reliability and again, more effective uses. Even just using vessel to ramp up faster into itself has potential to increase dps for longer durations of the fight. There are certainly many factors here such as current gear, how much crit strike you have (crit vs haste builds), coold down usage (sequence or all at once), the raid encounter, duration of fight, RNG, your raid make up, etc.... but looking to get some additional guidance and clarity if possible. Thanks for any insight here.Baeladeth1 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 A question Hey Paladin's I need to ask you guys and gals a question. I was thinking about making a ret pally, a actually i have been thinking about making one for a while now. Im sick of this Death Knight its not fun anymore and recently i bought a full set of heirlooms for a mage that turns out i dont really like. So im thinking about geting another full set of heirlooms and making a pally Is it worth it? keep in mind i love melee alot more than any caster classXarlo4 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Why HoW got nerfed http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/10/13/wow-moviewatch-largest-crit-in-the-world Of course it would be easier to not let your FC get that many stacks in the first place.Kissieaz33 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Fellow purple paladins... ...represent. =]Kataki15 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Addon Basically looking for an addon that let's you know when cooldown his over or someone with a ui that's clean looking somewhere up top or middle wise. Kind of irritating having to look down the screen to make sure when somethings cool downed not a big deal when I'm tanking but recently started doing bgs and having 3ish attacks to go for is different than having a set rotation.Nekkehd4 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 fighting mages, how do you do it? there i was, holding my balloon and enjoying myself, when a mage appeared out of no where! I tried to fight back but it was over before it began. he stole my bubble and freedom of movement and took my lunch money, crit me a couple and did that little twirlly spin when they jump away from you while shooting that ice lance that finishes you off. wearing my bubble. that bastard!!!! I need a hug :( is it going to be a no win all the time with them? or do i have to wait until their almost close to death before attacking?Frezzle19 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 PvP Addons ElvUI This is an extreme light-weight user interface for World of Warcraft dedicated to replace the one provided by Blizzard. A single addon, complete package, minimalistic look, pixel perfect, fit automatically to your resolution and uses approx 1mb memory according to your settings. http://www.curse.com/search?search=elvui Atemi This is a flexible enemy cooldown tracker atop of their nameplates. Though, while there are already some addons achieving the same, Atemi is configurable and more modular for future work and inventions. http://www.curse.com/search?search=atemi BattlegroundTargets - THIS IS A MUST HAVE!!!! Shows all battleground enemies. Simple 'Enemy Unit Frame' for battlegrounds. Also shows how many friendly are on each enemy player. health, mana, spec, class, and race. http://www.curse.com/search?search=BattlegroundTargets GladiatorlosSA This is a special addon, it has no interface, but it can speak. It is SOUND ALERT addon leads you to become GLADIATOR, so having the name GladiatorlosSA. This addon will alert spells using customized voice. For example, when you are in BG or arena, an enemy uses his pvp trinket, a voice of "Trinket" will come out. It can alert many spells(100+), each spell can be selected on or off. Now it has two voice sets made by TTS(text-to-speech), one is Chinese female Xiaoyan, the other is Neospeech English female Julie. The default voice changes by your locale. Now the addon only has these two voices, otherwise you may need to make a set of your own voice and modify the .lua or wait for the author to update it. http://www.curse.com/search?search=GladiatorlosSA REFlex Record statistics of played BGs (Both normal and rated) and arena matches. LDB plugin with summary of today PVP activity. Show small customizable bar (Separate frame or LDB) with current scores when player is in BG. Generate summary after each BG. See daily PVP statistics of other guild members who use REFlex. Monitor attendance on Rated BGs. Export data to CSV. Detect enemy spec on arena. Allow to send various data summaries to guild/party chat. http://www.curse.com/search?search=REFlex SaySapped A very lightweight and simple mod that instantly says "Sapped" to alert those around you whenever a rogue saps you. http://www.curse.com/search?search=SaySappedSmash0 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Our role in arenas? (Ret) So I am having a really hard time deciding between if I should switch mains to my warrior or keep my ret pally going. I think if I had a better understanding of our "role" in arenas I'd do better. What is a ret pallies role in a 2v2 team? In a 3v3? Are we pressure? (What about in 4.3?) Are we just burst and support spells? How is our CC in comparison to other classes? And please can we keep the negativity to a minimum.Bàneslayer2 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Heroic Ragnaros This fight is honestly pretty boring for Prot for the first phase + transition. We have only put one night into him, but I have yet to find a video of a 10 man pally tank PoV. Any of you who have killed him got any class specific suggestions?Axisofevil2 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Holy pally gear critique (pve). I was wondering if there is anything i need to change about my gear. I've been healing BoT, Bwd, Trolls pretty well and was curious if there is anything specific i need to change. Ps. I know i need a belt but one never drops :(.Looters6 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Help with Avoidance? I'm at about 81% avoidance but my block chance is pretty low. How can I fix that? :| I know that my shield and weapon aren't enchanted. Don't need to flame me for that ._.Kaiceynn1 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Ruthless Ret Boots Still Don't Match C'mon guys, that's two seasons in a row where you make us use boots from the Warr/DK set, and this round it looks even more ridiculous. It couldn't be that hard to make an extra set of boots with the holy skin and DPS stats. Screenshot with the two sets of warr and DK belt/boots: http://oi52.tinypic.com/wkmxcn.jpg EDIT: same as other threads, still trueKelador18 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Heroic Shannox Axe vs. Normal Rag Mace There's a loot dispute going on in our guild, someone claims that the sockets and the mastery on the 384 mace > the 391 axe. Can anyone confirm / deny this for us please? Thanks pallies :) Vege.Vege3 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Cant hit nuffin Just attempted Ragnaros in FL, noticed something that annoyed me greatly. During tank swap I had a hard time keeping aggro off other tank (a warrior) simply because I couldnt hit him with anything. Due to that I had no HP for Shield of the Righteous. This happens to me alot. Imo, pally tanks should still get HP from moves even if parried/dodged/miss etc. Or lower the parry on bosses. It's ridiculous. Discuss. :3Regeros3 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Anyone able to critique me? Hi all, I've come back after a break and recently leveled this character. Its my first paladin, and Im not quite sure I'm doing it right. I've read the stuff at noxxic, but in heroics I just seem really squishy. A lot of healers have said that Im hard to heal, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a once over and tell me where I'm going wrong. I know my gears garbage, but anything else would be appreciated, thanks!Bmfjules13 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 is ret worth it? As the title implies im wondering if ret is worth playing these days? I'm thinking of dusting off my pally and taking him for a spin, he's been shelved since Cata started in favor of my warrior and druid. I checked the dps web sites and i can see they're pretty middle of the pack, which doesnt overly concern me my guild isnt going to be downing HM anything in all likelihood. So as long as I can bring reasonable dps they wouldnt care. My main questions: 1. Is ret still fun to play? 2. Is the rotation/priority system a pain in the !@#? 3. I guess that's it, thanks for the input!Avarial9 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 4.3, reforging back to Mastery? For all those Rets that have reforged and biased towards Crit are you going to be reforging back to Mastery?Agincourt12 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Ret PVPer looking to go PVE, need gear advice Hi all, After looking at some of the changes coming for our class, I've decided to transition away from PVP and move into PVE. I'm looking to put together a solid set of PVE gear at the moment, but it's looking as if I need to keep my Ruthless gear, or suffer horrible decreases in primary stats like strength. Can I just reforge my Ruthless to get me as close as possible to hit and expertise caps and hope that someone will take me to a raid? HALP!Hammo4 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Best alliance race for a ret Pally(PVP) Hello. I wan't to create a ret, alliance pally and was wondering which race is best for pvp. Thanks in advance.Kryptic7 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 14, 2011 Back to single target healing anyone? Holy radiance is taking a big hit in 4.3. For once we actual had a big AoE heal instead of strictly healing single targetly. In 4.3 holy radiance costs 30% of our base mana, has to be cast on a character, and heals less if you are further than 6 yards from the target with radiance. WE used to be the class who had to heal single target yes, but we also had a beacon with 100% heals transferred, and an endless mana pool it seemed. Now our beacon only heals 50% of heals cast and we are now fighting for mana all the time. I dont understand. Does blizz think our heal is too op because last i checked druids were owning all the healing charts on world of logs and they are now the class with a endless mana pool and a variety of AoE heals. Yet, i see no nerfs going to the rest druids at all.Lalla3 Oct 14, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 Rets: Immune to All Snares & Roots Why not just add to a talent something that makes Ret immune to all root and snare effects? It's not like we do any real damage without wings up anyways, which is usually very brief. I think it would really add a feel true to the Paladin. People have constantly asked Blizz to give Rets a real snare, but this game has too much CC in it already. So instead of giving Paladins CC why not just make them immune to some. It would also give Paladins a much needed niche.Enzø23 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 Proving to Blizz that ret needs to snare... Topics about looking retri paladins, I found this video which clearly shows that we need to snare ... I decided to create a topic ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7jqNbfNa7Y&feature=channel_video_titleDeserter9 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 What should my next Valor purchase be(RetPVE) Greetings paladin board, hopefully you're up for a thread that has nothing to do with the imminent patch beyond its status as a deadline... I just got this paladin to 85 in the last few weeks and have been doing the super casual heroics/ZA/ZG/crafting grind to gear him up. Well 4.3 approaches and with it the mostly obsolescence of the Firelands as the new 5 mans will drop even higher ilvl gear. So before that happens I'm going to start raiding, maybe if I'm lucky score a big orange hammer and some fiery gear to match. However, my actual question is this... What should my next valor purchase be? Should I try and shoot for at least 2 piece T12? Should I load up on the offset stuff (Still could get the ring and the neck). I'm pretty sure I can't get anything this week once I finish up the valor grind for this reset, but I could get the ring/neck or gloves next week... Thoughts, oh wielders of Light so bright? Note-my guild doesn't raid, but I'm not going to be leaving it just yet, so the ceiling of my raiding will probably be the multitude of PUGs that clamber through the burning wastes of Normal mode Firelands every week.Dawnriser1 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 Aura Question I've been seeing a lot of ret pallies in heroics or pugged in my raids that have been using Devotion Aura instead of Retribution Aura. Is there a reason why a ret pally uses an aura that a prot pally usually uses?ßubblehærth18 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 Needing critique on gear :) [[RET PVE]] Wondering what could be better optimized gear/gem-wise for my character? (what to buy next with Valor [I just bought my tier legs since BH has been so awful for me]) Also curious question for some of you RET's out there... What was the theory of doing INQ after 1 Hopo and then doing the normal priority rotation? CS - Inq - CS - FILLERx 1 or 2 - CS - Filler - CS (Zeal/Inq/AW), etc?Frozenstick10 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 Prot PvP over Ret? Hi all, I was wondering if it would be more fun/simpler to be a Prot PvPer over a Ret PvPer. I would like to know if it would be an easy switch since I already do PvE in Prot specShadowdog2 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 I just switched to holy, not sure what to do. I was just curious what exactly Holy is supposed to do. I understand using judgment for the haste bonus, however, I am not sure what else. Are you supposed to Hammer of Wrath too. I was running dungeons and was just curious what else you need to do besides healing. Level 64 now.Kabolt2 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 "Classic" retribution Paladin Hello I'm here to talk about divine storm the love of my life in world of warcraft. Personally i believe divine storm is the coolest spell in the game, what is more awesome then 2 golden hammers spinning around you, well ill tell you what is those 2 hammers actually killing something. I think the divine storm is the iconic spell for ret paladins and should not be neglected so. In order to correct this problem i think the spell should act as so. (in the options listed below Divine storm's cd is not linked with crusader strike.) Divine Storm: A medium damage spell that unleashes to hammers that inflict 100% damage each and heal yourself for 100% of the damage done by a single hammer. (Also adds one holy power if a target is struck.) -This may not be the best fix to the spell in terms of being too powerful but when's the last time paladins were amazing at endgame?- -My second idea for Divine storm- Divine Storm: A medium damage spell that unleashes the a multi-target attack that does 130% of weapon damage and also consumes all censure stacks on the target (more than one if needed) and does 1000 damage per stack. ( the censure consumption could also be used for healing i don't think paladins have enough in-combat healing compared to fury warriors of blood dk's) -Again i am no game designer but i think that paladins need a decent healing spell as well as a medium to high damage spell with out holy stacks or a cd.- Thanks for checking out my form and post you thoughts below. -Vostros-Vostros15 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 Paladin PVP Nerf Sanctified Retribution now increases the critical hit chance of Hammer of Wrath by 2/4/6%, down from 20/40/60%. First you take WOG away from us in Prot PVP, then you kill our Ret PVP. Another reason to quit WoW for Starwars. I canceled my subscription today and pre-ordered SWTOR. Blizzard is the worst on dealing with any time of class balance and all they care about is PVE contect.Diiesel0 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 Geming and Reforging Hello, was wondering if these were good gems and whether or not anything needs reforging. Thank You in advance :)Shadowdog8 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Essence? I just hit revered with the Avengers of Hyjal and I was wondering if I should be replacing either my dwyer's caber with essence of eternal flame. I tried it replacing the caber with the essence on a za run and I found that my DPS dipped even if I was using the essence as often as I could. Maybe I'm not just using it right so I'm curious if I should keep on using it.Atreus8 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Looking for help on Tanking with my pally. Is there a way to get out of stuns when tanking? This is my 1st tank and pally and was wondering if there is something I'm not doing right? Ran The Blood Furnace last night and was stuned alot and just trying to see if i may need to try something different. Also Hand of freedom only works with spells like fear not stuns right? I did notice I could not use it when I was stuned and if I cast it right before the pull I was still stuned by the mobs so I assume it can only be cast while under a fear effect? ThanksBlutò7 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Need to be critqued (ret paladin) I feel like I know what I'm doing and I know my rotation. I can pull 24k dps on Occuthar in BH but as soon as I get to Firelands my dps plummets. Like the other day I was only doing 14k on Rag while my friend was doing 18k and my gear is better than his. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.Ratatosk6 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Are Paladins still worth playing? Like the title says, are they still worth it? From what I have read, pallys are getting huge nerfs are are becoming unplayable. I personally dont believe this, but is it true? I enjoy playing my pally, but i dont really wanna level him anymore if hes gonna suck at endgame?...Arthorian16 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 am i doin it rite? gems, chants, reforge, glyph, etc. feel free to mock me openly if i'm bad.Lolatile3 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 DF healing Hey everyone, I am still somewhat new to WoW. I started back before pre-bc and played a rogue and warrior and only quested for the most part. Anyways I started up again just recently and made a paladin. I been wanting to do holy but every time I go into dungeon finder I run out of mana after killing 1 small group. I find my mana regens to slow. I was wondering what gear I should have? Intellect and spirit is what I should be going for correct? I find that most of the plate in the AH has low amounts of spirit and intellect. Also I was wondering what spells are my bread and butter? can anyone point out the basics to me? Also talent reccomendations would be nice as well.Medemine5 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Rate the paladin name above you Title sez it allBeardhammer500 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 What legs to use... The ones im currently using or the heroic tier legs? Legplates of Absolute Control or Immolation GreavesMirty6 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Retribution's pvp Status now and post 4.3 Just a post to find the general opinion of: - Where does Retribution stand in PVP right now? - With the changes in 4.3, what is the predicted direction ret will take - What aspects make Retribution flawed? Arieus2 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Most un balanced spec in the game. Honestly we all know this, ret paladins in pve if you have no gear. and even with a 365 ilvl people can fall behind to last in a dungeon or raid. In pvp we are rulers. in pve we are laughable. with the new coming nerf we will be one of the worst pvp classes. the normal paladin burst macro is popular and it works! for now. 60% crit with hammer is amazing and it makes us worth inviting to a 2v2 / 3v3 / 5v5 game. but 6%... really?Õsiris1 Oct 12, 2011