Paladin

Oct 13, 2011 What should my next Valor purchase be(RetPVE) Greetings paladin board, hopefully you're up for a thread that has nothing to do with the imminent patch beyond its status as a deadline... I just got this paladin to 85 in the last few weeks and have been doing the super casual heroics/ZA/ZG/crafting grind to gear him up. Well 4.3 approaches and with it the mostly obsolescence of the Firelands as the new 5 mans will drop even higher ilvl gear. So before that happens I'm going to start raiding, maybe if I'm lucky score a big orange hammer and some fiery gear to match. However, my actual question is this... What should my next valor purchase be? Should I try and shoot for at least 2 piece T12? Should I load up on the offset stuff (Still could get the ring and the neck). I'm pretty sure I can't get anything this week once I finish up the valor grind for this reset, but I could get the ring/neck or gloves next week... Thoughts, oh wielders of Light so bright? Note-my guild doesn't raid, but I'm not going to be leaving it just yet, so the ceiling of my raiding will probably be the multitude of PUGs that clamber through the burning wastes of Normal mode Firelands every week.Dawnriser1 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 Aura Question I've been seeing a lot of ret pallies in heroics or pugged in my raids that have been using Devotion Aura instead of Retribution Aura. Is there a reason why a ret pally uses an aura that a prot pally usually uses?ßubblehærth18 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 Needing critique on gear :) [[RET PVE]] Wondering what could be better optimized gear/gem-wise for my character? (what to buy next with Valor [I just bought my tier legs since BH has been so awful for me]) Also curious question for some of you RET's out there... What was the theory of doing INQ after 1 Hopo and then doing the normal priority rotation? CS - Inq - CS - FILLERx 1 or 2 - CS - Filler - CS (Zeal/Inq/AW), etc?Frozenstick10 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 Prot PvP over Ret? Hi all, I was wondering if it would be more fun/simpler to be a Prot PvPer over a Ret PvPer. I would like to know if it would be an easy switch since I already do PvE in Prot specShadowdog2 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 I just switched to holy, not sure what to do. I was just curious what exactly Holy is supposed to do. I understand using judgment for the haste bonus, however, I am not sure what else. Are you supposed to Hammer of Wrath too. I was running dungeons and was just curious what else you need to do besides healing. Level 64 now.Kabolt2 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 "Classic" retribution Paladin Hello I'm here to talk about divine storm the love of my life in world of warcraft. Personally i believe divine storm is the coolest spell in the game, what is more awesome then 2 golden hammers spinning around you, well ill tell you what is those 2 hammers actually killing something. I think the divine storm is the iconic spell for ret paladins and should not be neglected so. In order to correct this problem i think the spell should act as so. (in the options listed below Divine storm's cd is not linked with crusader strike.) Divine Storm: A medium damage spell that unleashes to hammers that inflict 100% damage each and heal yourself for 100% of the damage done by a single hammer. (Also adds one holy power if a target is struck.) -This may not be the best fix to the spell in terms of being too powerful but when's the last time paladins were amazing at endgame?- -My second idea for Divine storm- Divine Storm: A medium damage spell that unleashes the a multi-target attack that does 130% of weapon damage and also consumes all censure stacks on the target (more than one if needed) and does 1000 damage per stack. ( the censure consumption could also be used for healing i don't think paladins have enough in-combat healing compared to fury warriors of blood dk's) -Again i am no game designer but i think that paladins need a decent healing spell as well as a medium to high damage spell with out holy stacks or a cd.- Thanks for checking out my form and post you thoughts below. -Vostros-Vostros15 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 Paladin PVP Nerf Sanctified Retribution now increases the critical hit chance of Hammer of Wrath by 2/4/6%, down from 20/40/60%. First you take WOG away from us in Prot PVP, then you kill our Ret PVP. Another reason to quit WoW for Starwars. I canceled my subscription today and pre-ordered SWTOR. Blizzard is the worst on dealing with any time of class balance and all they care about is PVE contect.Diiesel0 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 13, 2011 Geming and Reforging Hello, was wondering if these were good gems and whether or not anything needs reforging. Thank You in advance :)Shadowdog8 Oct 13, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Essence? I just hit revered with the Avengers of Hyjal and I was wondering if I should be replacing either my dwyer's caber with essence of eternal flame. I tried it replacing the caber with the essence on a za run and I found that my DPS dipped even if I was using the essence as often as I could. Maybe I'm not just using it right so I'm curious if I should keep on using it.Atreus8 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Looking for help on Tanking with my pally. Is there a way to get out of stuns when tanking? This is my 1st tank and pally and was wondering if there is something I'm not doing right? Ran The Blood Furnace last night and was stuned alot and just trying to see if i may need to try something different. Also Hand of freedom only works with spells like fear not stuns right? I did notice I could not use it when I was stuned and if I cast it right before the pull I was still stuned by the mobs so I assume it can only be cast while under a fear effect? ThanksBlutò7 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Need to be critqued (ret paladin) I feel like I know what I'm doing and I know my rotation. I can pull 24k dps on Occuthar in BH but as soon as I get to Firelands my dps plummets. Like the other day I was only doing 14k on Rag while my friend was doing 18k and my gear is better than his. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.Ratatosk6 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Are Paladins still worth playing? Like the title says, are they still worth it? From what I have read, pallys are getting huge nerfs are are becoming unplayable. I personally dont believe this, but is it true? I enjoy playing my pally, but i dont really wanna level him anymore if hes gonna suck at endgame?...Arthorian16 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 am i doin it rite? gems, chants, reforge, glyph, etc. feel free to mock me openly if i'm bad.Lolatile3 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 DF healing Hey everyone, I am still somewhat new to WoW. I started back before pre-bc and played a rogue and warrior and only quested for the most part. Anyways I started up again just recently and made a paladin. I been wanting to do holy but every time I go into dungeon finder I run out of mana after killing 1 small group. I find my mana regens to slow. I was wondering what gear I should have? Intellect and spirit is what I should be going for correct? I find that most of the plate in the AH has low amounts of spirit and intellect. Also I was wondering what spells are my bread and butter? can anyone point out the basics to me? Also talent reccomendations would be nice as well.Medemine5 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Rate the paladin name above you Title sez it allBeardhammer500 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 What legs to use... The ones im currently using or the heroic tier legs? Legplates of Absolute Control or Immolation GreavesMirty6 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Retribution's pvp Status now and post 4.3 Just a post to find the general opinion of: - Where does Retribution stand in PVP right now? - With the changes in 4.3, what is the predicted direction ret will take - What aspects make Retribution flawed? Arieus2 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Most un balanced spec in the game. Honestly we all know this, ret paladins in pve if you have no gear. and even with a 365 ilvl people can fall behind to last in a dungeon or raid. In pvp we are rulers. in pve we are laughable. with the new coming nerf we will be one of the worst pvp classes. the normal paladin burst macro is popular and it works! for now. 60% crit with hammer is amazing and it makes us worth inviting to a 2v2 / 3v3 / 5v5 game. but 6%... really?Õsiris1 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Let's talk slows. So let's talk slows. 115% movement speed, we are among the fastest characters in the game, save feral druids. However it's important to note that with the way the game is coded, and the way the internet works; if you think you're standing where someone else is, you are mistaken. Anybody can be moving one direction, and totally be unhittable by a ret paladin purely because I think they're close to me, when they think they're very far away. This position lag manifests itself the most in a pvp scenario. I'm going to save you the time of watching a youtube video and just say that it would be silly music over a ret paladin being kited by people walking in a straight line. On my screen, I may be eating their heels, but on their screen, I'm safely 10y away and far out of touch. Rogues, DK's, Warriors, Ferals, Enhance ALL have slows (most instantly applied without invoking) not just to keep their target held down, but because of this latency. It allows them to get on target and stay on target, because they can move up to twice as fast (and faster in some cases) than their slowed target. The best thing rets had was Judgment of Justice, as it allowed us to move 15% faster than our target. Not much, but a difference enough to make up for this net latency. I propose a change must be at hand. We either need a slow, or to have Judgment of Justice back again. Alternatively, let us move 15% faster than everyone else again. (considering all healers can move 115% now) so put us at 130% Call it speed of light.Knilb10 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Caster dps rep ring? Thinking about using this instead of the healer ring, obv for the haste. Anyone else doing this?Wât1 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Ret 3's help Hey everybody, I'm currently struggling in 3's running ret/rogue/disc sitting around a 2k- mmr. From what I understand it's one of the stronger comps for rets but we seem to be going nowhere and frankly I'm very sick of not reach that strongly desired 2.2k rating. Basically I'm asking for advice on the comp we're running itself, and possibly suggestions on what other comps run very well with a ret paladin. Please let me know what you guys managed to hit 2.2k with, some of your strats, etc. I'd really appreciate it, thanks.Spartacús4 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Deleted DeletedBaldarich3 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Took a break from tanking... Since around the middle of 4.1, as I was horribly disgusted with the Zandalari dungeons. My alt, a pvp mage, is starting to hit his ceiling, as far as what I wanted to do with him. Now, I'm looking back here, at my tank, at all the fond memories I've had and decided I want to bring him back into my limelight. Still no love for the ZA/ZG for the VP grind. Anyways, my issues are what I need to do, to this current set, to make it more viable for FL raiding. Obviously I have to get back into that horrible VP grind. I know I have a ret trinket (the mastery helps, the proc doesn't), and that I've gemmed wrong. Any assistance you can give would help a lot in getting my sorry butt back into raiding! Thanks!Halistos23 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Does Blizzard Really Hate (ret)Paladins... Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwpyHvElBkg Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhBrZ7s1SHs&feature=related Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAZYbbKgbdQ&feature=related it goes up to a i believe 25 parts. Just click in the related sidebar. lots of interesting things, but i still think they do. Well if anything, they dislike RET paladins.Karthíus12 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 4.3 LoD So, Light of Dawn will now hit 6, instead of 5. But glyphing it will make it hit 4? So it lowers the number hit by 2 but increases healing by 25%. I thought a glpyh was suppose to make something slightly better LoD(un-glpyhed) = 6 targets for 1 = 6 LoD(glyphed) - 4 targets for 1.25 = 5 (These are just general small numbers.) I would think that the glyph would hit 5 targets, for 25% more LoD(glyphed) - 5 targets for 1.25 = 6.25 Am I missing something?Dwargdwarf4 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Holy Paladin Reporting Opening up to critiques, any suggestions? Don't really have any problems in raids or anything, just always looking to make myself better. :)Battoussai4 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Core of Ripeness Would it be worth it for me to replace my Brewfest trinket with Core of Ripeness? I would lose 19 Intellect, but I would also gain an on use effect that would greatly increase my mana regeneration. EDIT: I also have easy access to the Jar of Ancient Remedies from Maloriak. Would that be better then the Core of Ripeness? Also, if I end up getting this trinket, would it be more worth my time to macro this trinket with Divine Plea, or Jaws of Defeat and Lifeblood.Maandrix7 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Holy Pally stat priority PvP? Friend of mine just hit 85 and we're gonna run Holy/Enh/DK and I just wanna get a quick bit of advice to give my Pally on how he should gem/prioritize stats in general. He hasn't really even started gemming yet so I wanna get a good idea of where to lead him on that. Also any spec tips would be appreciated. His name is Brasidas, he plays on Shattered Hand with me. Thanks in advance guys :pBolide5 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 12, 2011 Regarding Ret slows Why not just add to a talent something that makes Ret immune to all root and snare effects? It's not like we do any real damage without wings up anyways, which is usually very brief. I think it would really add a feel true to the Paladin.Enzø5 Oct 12, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Retribution PvP Talent Suggestions I would like to propose three talent changes to help increase Retribution PvP viability. While not an avid PvPer myself, I have read the complaints and suggestions from other Paladins and hope that these suggestions are reasonable and address the weakness of Retribution. This post is somewhat long and I know theres a couple Ret paladin threads up already, but bear with me! Sanctified Wrath 2/2 Reduces the cooldown of your Avenging Wrath ability by 30/60 seconds and allows the use of Hammer of Wrath at all times while using Avenging Wrath. In addition, when your Avenging Wrath is dispelled, you have a 50/100% chance to reset the remaining cooldown on all other Paladin abilities except Lay on Hands. Seals of Command 1/1 Your Seal of Righteousness, Seal of Truth, and Seal of Justice abilities now also deal 7% weapon damage when triggered and your Seal of Righteousness now hits all enemies within melee range. In addition, your Censure slows enemy movement speed by 10% per application. Acts of Sacrifice 1/1 When cast on friendly targets, your Hand of Freedom, Hand of Sacrifice and Hand of Protection spells are undispellable. In addition, your Cleanse will remove one movement impairing effect on yourself. With these three talents Retribution Paladins gain three important things they are currently lacking: A slow, dispel protection for wings, and undispellable HoP/Freedom when used on an ally. These suggested talent changes are in line with the design idea of the class/spec and balanced enough to fill the needs of the class without being overly powerful. At first glance, resetting the cooldown of all other Paladin abilities seems quite powerful, but an extra Repentance, Hammer of Justice, or Hand of Freedom wouldnt be overly powerful and the talent is only triggered if the enemy dispells the paladin. This dispel protection on Avenging Wrath is entirely in the hands of the dispeller. The enemy has the option of not dispelling and letting the Paladin keep wings or dispelling and resetting the Paladins other cooldowns such as Zealotry, Repentance, HoP, Freedom and even Divine Protection. This is a “defensive” style of dispel protection that fits well with the design philosophy of the Paladin class and forces the dispeller to make a choice. The Seal of Command snare change allows the Paladin to better stay on target without having an on-demand Hamstring-style ability. While this stacking style of slow is not ideal and cannot be used as an on-demand peel, I feel this type of snare is a good compromise and will help the Paladin stay on target without allowing them to apply multiple slows to multiple targets. Further, it snare is not as potent as other melee snares like Crippling Poison, still forcing the Paladin to remove snares/roots from himself and still allowing the paladin to be peeled by better snares. The Acts of Sacrifice change is pretty straight forward, making all Hands abilities undispellable when used on an ally. None of these changes have an impact on PvE or seem overly powerful in PvP but would bring Retribution up a notch or two in a competitive environment. Additionally, In the way these talents lay out, it makes more sense for their point values to be lowered, freeing up two additional points for Sanctity of Battle, Art of War, Eye for an Eye etc. Thoughts? TLDR: Stacking 50% slow from Censure, Wings dispel resets other CDs, Undispellable Hand spells when cast on allies. Red6 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Ret healing Is it just me or is ret self healing patheticly low? and beyond mana expensive for the hardly worthwhile heal?Madomine2 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Ret Pali 4.3 Wishlist Sanctified Wrath - HoW 3%/6%/9% Critical Damage Increase (Down from 60%), Not dispellable or spell stolen! AW - 2 Instant HoW Holy Power - Eliminate Inquisition Holy Power - 1 - 20% Damage Increase (Holy Dmg), 2% Crit Increase Holy Power - 2 - 30% Damage Increase, 4% Crit Increase Holy Power - 3 - 40% Damage Increase, 6% Crit Increase If you use Exemplar's Verdict or Word of Glory while not instant, your holy power is used up. In effect, you lose your damage/crit increase for a burst heal or burst damage. No more cooldown on WoG, instead healing exponentially grows with each holy power used. Using one holy power should heal for less than it does under the present system. Judgment has the 8 second cooldown when enemy is within range, no cooldown when target gets away from melee range and is 10 yards away (no-cooldown judgement not available to start a fight or if you switch targets). No More Random Instant (Proc) (No Time Limit, action count not reset till used) Once an instant is available, it will not disipate till you are out of combat. All damage for these instants are increased by 100% and mana free. 6 Judgement = 1 Instant Exorcism 6 Divine Storm = 1 Instant Holy Wrath 6 Crusader Strike = 1 Templar's Verdcit 6 Avenger Strike = 1 Hammer of Wrath 6 Heals = 1 Word of Glory Divine Purpose (Rank 1) = Count reduced from 7 to 6. Divine Purpose (Rank 2) = Count reduced from 6 to 5. Divine Purpose (Rank 3) = Count reduced from 5 to 4. Inquisitor Talent - Retribution Paladins no longer have access to Divine Shield! Instead a retribution paladin becomes an inquisitor if they are damaged for more than x% of their health over y span of time AND/OR they are snared/stunned/feared x number of times over y span of time. The inquisitor is immune to all non damage spells such as snares, slows, mind altering spells, etc. and take 50% less damage for 8 seconds. No healing spells can be cast while Inquisitor is active. Art of War Talent (Rank 1) - Start of spell count instants (SCI), 7 Spells Cast = 1 Instant Acts of Sacrifice (Rank 2) - Cleansed Soul Effect - After casting cleanse to remove a cleansable-spell, the paladin is immune to cleansable-spells for 2 seconds. Avenging Strike Talent (Rank 1) - Available when you have three holy power AND CS is on cooldown. Same as CS in all other respects except it doesn't generate Holy Power. Filler for fewer procs. Replaces / Eliminates Guardian's Favor.Bælzi4 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Expertise for PVP My understanding is that Expertise doesn't have much value in PVP. Most of the top rated PVP Rets have 9-12 Expertise and don't use the Glyph of Truth. Yet I see other PVP Rets that Glyph for it. Any argument in favor of a PVP Ret using Glyph of Truth?Agincourt11 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 4.3 Holy Radiance + mastery = OP? I was just curious as to others thoughts on this. Will 3sec HR (before haste) with 0 cooldown, modified by our mastery be OP? More importantly, will that completely change our stat priorities as far as reforging etc? Also, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?Denzalo2 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 LF Critique of my Protadin This toon is one of my alts. I am hoping to find some talented protection paladins to take a peak at mine and provide constructive criticisms and/or suggestions for improvements. My armory link is below: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/detheroc/Reticus/simple Items of note: 1) I am going for a pure mitigation/avoidance type of build. 2) My current unbuffed CTC (Combat Table Coverage) is 99.62%. 3) I have lowered my expertise and hit as much as I can to reach higher CTC % since the changes to threat in this xpac have made it a mute point. 4) I am only going for stam socket bonuses of +30 or higher unless the +15 stam is obtainable via a Fractured Amberjewel. FYI, I am using +20 mastery +30 stam gems in my prismatic sockets to activate my meta. (not happy about the loss of +40 mastery in the process though) 5) I am fully aware that my 4 set t12 proc, trinkets proc/use, and weapon enchant proc push me over the CTC cap and are wasted, but the stats on these items are the best I can obtain for those slots (for the time being till I am revered with Avengers of Hyjal 8100/12000) and I am unsure of which chant to use in lieu of Windwalk. 6) I am forgoing certain pieces of 378 gear for pieces of 359/365 to reach higher CTC %. Such as: a) The 365 Thrall questchain tanking cloak > the 378 Avengers Rep tank cloak b) The 359 JP Relic > the 378 VP Relic Please scope me out, spec and all, and help me be a better tank for our secondary raid team. Thanks! Reticus2 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Prot or Ret for Leveling? As title. Assuming just typical questing and using LFD sparingly (not chain running) Thanks a lotAvermra15 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 What if haste increased movement speed...? ....and reduced the amount slowing effects have on us. Just a random thought.Maeltum22 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 PVP Superiority? Hi all! Back to playing WOW after a long 8-month long break. I played a pally for a couple of years as my main; have always loved the class. Just wanted to start fresh, so I made this lovely toon. Been running her holy in pvp and groups, absolutely loving the potential in both. But I didn't level my pally under all the new changes, obviously, so I have one simple question. What power or level would you say Holy begins to get beastly in pvp? At 20, I say it's pretty darn good now, with word of power and holy shock; both seem to give me those quick boosts of heals I need. I see that some classes have early advantages but I can already see the things I liked about my main (holy, also). Will there be a certain power or talent that really tips your surviveability/healing potential, or would you say holy pallies really get boosted when they get ahold of top-notch gear? Interested in hearing your view.Djswirl0 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Tier 12 2pc Bonus? Anyone else not receiving 6% mana return from their tier 12 2pc bonus? I spent some time testing out the return from the proc and am currently only receiving 1405mana per holy shock. Having 105417 mana unbuffed, I should be seeing a return of 6325 mana compared to the 1405 mana that the proc is returning. Has Blizz noticed this miscalculation and are they going to hotfix it?Vaelidorp2 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Looking for Podcasters Hello out there prospective podcasters, Are you interested in starting something bigger than yourself, do you want to draw some attention to guild and server alike, are you a paladin who would love to be able to voice your opinions but need the right forum to do it? Do you have basic technical skills and want to apply them?. Well, I'm looking for you!, I am looking for an interested Prot and Holy paladin to join me in starting a podcast about the class, knowledge of how to do podcasting is certainly a plus but discussing it over skype/vent to start is a good place to get rolling. Inquire on my server, I am available nightly on my server, and most in my guild know where to find me, I will check back here on the forums, and in class forums, hope to hear from you soon!Ulryck11 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Rebuke animation I miss the 'kick' animation from rebuke, dunno why blizzard took it away and made it generic so all interrupts look the same unless it's a spell. /sigh here if you want blizz to bring the 'kick' animation back to rebuke, just hoping blizz will actually do something if enough ppl want it.Talìus6 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 What would you think of DW ret? So I've been playing my frost DK a lot recently and I really like the look and feel of the fast weapon swings, and just as a thought, I think it might be interesting for us to have a DW option as well. Obviously this would be an expansion change, so don't think about it in the current context of ret as it stands, rather the fact that blizzard completely redoes our class each expansion. My thoughts are that it would be a talent option like frost DKs have, where at some point in the tree you get a choice between the ability to DW as well as some talents that synergize with it, or a buff to 2h damage and some synergy with other talents. So assuming both were balanced what do you think of a DW option for ret?Darthelmet24 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 4.3 Holy Radiance This thread is directed at PVE, NOT PVP! How do you personally feel about the new Holy Radiance for holy pallys in 4.3? I personally think it will greatly increase our ability to raid heal, which will be extremly helpful, as many fights are AoE intensive at the moment, and will give us more of a utility. I also noticed that just 1 holy radiance stacked my conviction (9 percent healing talent when at 3 stacks) to 3 right away, because all crits from the HoT, and the instant heal, applied to it. Is this a bug?Maandrix5 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Constructive Feedback on 4.3 Judgement Change First of all I'd like to say that this post is in no way complaining about any mana-regen nerfs that may or may not happen in 4.3, in all honesty paladin regen is pretty crazy at the moment (if performed properly). The following are the changes for judgement mechanics in 4.3: "Seal of Insight, when Judged, no longer returns 15% base mana to the paladin. Judging Seal of Insight still causes damage, and melee attacks will still restore 4% of base mana." ... "In addition to providing haste, the effect from Judgements of the Pure now increases mana regeneration from Spirit by 10/20/30% for 60 seconds." Based on the feedback from blizzard for 4.3 changes (can't find the link right now) the reason for this change is essentially that targeting an enemy every 8 seconds is too much of a hassle for paladins considering we are targeting friendlies to heal. Here are my two cents, and I'm really interested to see if my fellow pallies agree: I really like the challenge of the current judgement playstyle. Out of the 4 healing classes, Paladins are by far the most defensive, and therefore least offensive healers. In terms of weaving offensive abilities into our play, judgement is one of the few abilities at our disposal which requires us to target enemies. One of the biggest benchmarks of a good holy paladin at the moment is his ability to stay on top of his judgements. Removing this challenge is lowering the skillcap of an already fairly straight-forward healer (compared to the other 4 specs that I've had a chance to dabble in). In summation: I love the way judgement works blizz! Challenges are good! I understand that the current judgement style is pretty involved, but its a fun mechanic that I think many paladin's would sorely miss. If anything, I think there is a lot of middle-ground to be explored between the 8 second mana-regen mechanic we have now to the 60 second mana-regen mechanic planned for us in 4.3 Chörds10 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 Beating the necro strike. You know I hate everything necro. I hate !@#$%^-*!ia. I hate necromorphs. And damnit, I hate necro strike. So I was in a 2s ( in before. Yes 2s is broken and it was probably the lack of healer that got me killed.) with a feral friend of mine and necro strike was trashing me. For my own sanity, how do we counter necro strike? Small heals? Kiting till it drops? Hitting bubble? Can I get any experienced ret pvping pallies (If any of you guys haven't rerolled yet :P ) for some ideas on how to beat the necro strike alone? Also wouldn't a healer make necro strike easier to handle?Bàneslayer6 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 11, 2011 How is prot pvp? is prot any good in for arena or bg? when spec correctly and with the best gear, can protection paladins kill anything? or is it for just for pve?Frezzle25 Oct 11, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 @ The X-mogging crowd Do you guys know of a sword or a mace with a "fel-fire" glow, similar to the one on the Torn-Heart Axe of Battle?Chul2 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Apparatus Help My 25 is having no luck with Conq helm tokens for like ever now, so I'm going to pick up H tier chest and use the exp from chest to switch out H Heart of Rage for H Apparatus. When should I use the first CD of the trinket? With wings/zealotry even if I only have 1-3 stacks of Titanic Power, or pop normal cooldowns and then pop trinket once I hit 5stacks. I'm really just concerned of throwing away the stacks and popping it early, but I like the idea of both my trinkets being ready for my next wings/zealotry. Thermadin7 Oct 10, 2011
Oct 10, 2011 Is holy geting a new mastery If you look at all the new healing gear in patch 4.3 most have mastery, So will that mean we are geting a new one.Straker10 Oct 10, 2011