Shaman

Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Shaman: Please Read! Welcome to the Shaman forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the shaman class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
1h Enhancement survivability Is there anything other than getting WAY better gear to improve my enhancement survivability? WQ and 5 mans seem to be a white knuckle experiences.Crazyeyès1 1h
1h New enhance woes. Does anyone else hate the legion enhancement shaman after the overhaul? I mean for real all they would have had to do was give us a bit more ST damage and then streamline totems.Brootality1 1h
3h Earthbind Totem Leveling this shaman I really try to find a use for every ability. I really do. Wtf is this? Like I don't even ... for what purpose? In what kind of situation is this even...? If I have the choice between casting Earthbind Totem and doing nothing, I prefer to do nothing because to cast Earthbind Totem I have to press a button.Drubtong9 3h
6h How bad are Shaman, really? Heading into BfA, I'm trying to decide on which caster/healer hybrid to focus on. Priest doesn't interest me a whole lot, so it's between my Druid and Shaman. I've played my Druid since MoP, and they're an amazing class. However, I'm just not totally into the hots and dots type of playing, and while shape shifting has it's definite advantages in many situations, it's just not really my thing, I guess. I thought I'd give my Shaman a go, and after leveling her to 110 I headed out to Argus (in my shiny 880 Unsullied gear!), and while the mobs hit hard, it didn't feel as bad as I expected it to based on all the Shaman feedback I've ever seen. Now she's 910, and it's a much smoother ride out there. And elemental is fun! So many procs, and buttons to push, and elementals to help out on a sort-of short CD. I ran a few LFR wings to try out resto, and I was pleasantly surprised by it. It was fairly easy to pick up, I seemed to do well healing, and mana management was not really an issue. I mean, some days I really struggle on my Druid, and before I know it I'm OOM. Worst feeling as a healer, ever. As someone who has played a holy Pally since BC, resto Druid since MoP, and had a brief stint as a disc Priest in WoD, I felt the Shaman was one of the smoothest healers I've played so far. However, almost everything I've seen from other players on various forums is to stay away from the Shaman because they generally suck. Most people, when given the choice between Shaman and Druid, say GO DRUID. So, how bad are Shaman, really? I'm not a hardcore player, I don't raid mythic or run high M+ keys or rated BG's. Of course, I want to play a class that's fun, and that I enjoy, but all the negative Shaman feedback is a bit alarming, so I'm looking for some honest feedback on how good or bad Shaman really are for the average player. Thank you!Jolene8 6h
8h What Buttons Do You Miss? With BFA coming and what looks to be the final straw as far as pruning for us, I was wondering what abilities all of us shamans miss being able to press? I'll start. I will include abilities that are now talents because making them talents is dumb... As a resto shaman: Windfury totem Cloudburst totem Cleansing totems Mana spride/tide totem Frost shock There are unfortunately many more but I want to see what abilities you all miss? Maybe a blue can see this and think about it.Jkirt19 8h
10h Flame Shock Cooldown I'm really enjoying playing the Resto Shaman at the moment, but I'm kinda confused about something. Why does Flame Shock have a cooldown on the Resto Shaman? I mean, even if we didn't have the cooldown, we still wouldn't be able to compete with the Elemental Shaman damage, or come even close. Is it because the single-target damage would go through the roof? Or would the RNG of Lava Surge prevent too much of that?Zaemon4 10h
10h B4 i buy bfa As title says, before I pre order bfa there's no hope of keeping gust of wind at this point correct?Grobbsquad3 10h
18h Good bye my Shaman It's roughly 2 and a half months from release so there won't be any large changes made to specs. I mained all three specs this expansion. Elemental was a little RNG based for me, but it was fun, and it flowed well, and I loved gust of wind and the mega bursts of aoe damage. Enh was amazing because I could time for bursts of massive dps Resto was fun and engaging managing the cloudburst totem with AG. Beta has killed all of that. Ele maelstrom generation is super slow, and aoe situations (which were our bread and butter) are extremely sad and pale in comparison. Also the fact we lost gust of wind so that other casters can feel unique...yet purge was given to almost everyone just shows how big of a finger developers give shamans. Enh lost its burst, and it's just slow, dumb and mindless. Resto lost AG and had CBT nerfed.. so basically we're gonna be thrift store priests now. our aoe spells are still going to be fight dependent and without AG/CBT/Echo combo hogh spread fights will be abysmally bad for us. so i am making a conscious decision to say good by to my shaman. It's been real.Eizzok30 18h
1d Shaman class buff BFA? I can't seem to find any indication of Shaman getting a class buff. Did we ever get one or will we be the only class not receiving a buff? Won't this hinder our inevitability factors for top end raiding guilds?Drjekil9 1d
1d Leveling Moonkin makes me feel sad about Ele Never played Moonkin and leveling one now. Even at only level 52, I feel so much more useful in PVE than my long time 110 Ele. I've saved so many dungeon groups from wiping with all these different crazy heals, defensives, treants, brez, kiting, all with strong single target and aoe. I'm so excited to have all these tools at a measely level 52. This isn't a complaint thread, just more thinking Ele just needs.....something more. I literally can't believe how similarly these classes are structured, but how after barely understanding how Moonkin even works, it feels so much stronger, so much more useful. it makes me wish Ele had either just flat out crazy damage to compensate for lack of utility, or more utility. I don't know, what do you guys think?Auriga3 1d
1d Does anyone else NEVER cast chain heal? coming from an 11/11m healing perspective Agg an argus I usually take undulation I haven't selected high tide since nighthold and ya I just never cast chain heal lol in an 8 min mythic agg fight I maybe casted ONE for a tidal wave stack. And it was a precasted one for a flame rend. I usually just riptide with echo (ring) for tidal and use wave and surge I almost always have less then 4 chain heal casts I'm thinking of doing an unleash life, deluge, high tide, jonat, and boots build to bring back a wotlk chain heal style thoughts? Hbu?Repodude1 1d
1d Gust of Wind gone, Mages get decurse As we all know Gust of wind has been removed because it "Takes away from mage class fantasy". And yet, after they state this Blizzard give mages remove curse AND they get to keep Blood lust/Heroism. Time warp makes sense for arcane just because of the name of the spell, and while mages had decurse before, as far as class fantasy goes it makes ZERO sense. I've never heard of any mage lifting a curse in lore of wow or even in mythology. The only people in lore who were able to lift curses in mythology were oracles, gods, celtic druids (could decurse their own curses they put on people) and you guessed it, shamans. Yes druids lost blink but guess what, they still get to keep wild charge which is EXACTLY the same as Gust of wind when used in travel form. Blizzard if you're going to prune the fun out of a class, at least be honest as to why you're doing it.Electrode9 1d
1d Gamble question As gamble spec.. During ascendancy.. do i cast earth shock at 70 or 111 maelstrom?Sway2 1d
1d Returning player, how is shaman? Elemental Returning player here and after a lot of indecisiveness I think I want to buckle down with a shaman. How are they doing currently and what is the general opinion of how they are doing in bfa? I think their abilities are very pretty and I like the tiki theme, if yall want to recommend where best to get some tiki gear plz do! Some questions of mine, Does each spec feel like they bring something to the table in comparison to other range or melee specs? and if so what? I tried to find some information on my own but my sources "icey veins" was very positive about everything in returns to every spec, so its hard to get a general consensus of said spec and class, I hope the forums will net me some good results.Jackofdemons9 1d
1d Elemental Taking a break from the usual theme of threads, I just wanted to say how much I enjoy ele in it's current form. I main as a tank in raiding/pushing keys, and this is generally an alt I used to only do one +15+ key a week on, but lately I've just been having a blast running keys on it. Nothing rivals the feeling of watching things blow-up with the touch of a finger - ily Stormkeeper. Recently did a CoEN, can't remember what level, and when adds came out on first boss the other 2 dps came to switch, made their way over and watched them die to Stormkeeper and just laughed. Feltgoodman. Also not sure why people generally bash on Shaman's lack of survivability? Our 40% wall is pretty decent with a short cd, and I just chuck on Prydaz on higher Tyrannical bosses, which thanks to our stats isn't that much of a dps loss. Going to miss Ele's current iteration come BFA. Going to play this alt as much as I can and enjoy it while it lasts.Titomic2 1d
1d Quick Ele Question! When should I be using Lightning Bolt?Letsjam6 1d
1d Enhancement feels more like a glass pistol One of the things i've noticed while leveling as enhancement is that we kinda have to put all our eggs into one basket with Stormstrike. leveling up to 48 was a nightmare since i did not have Stormbringer to give more stormstrikes. I've found that hot hand was a godsend as it made the kinda weak Lava lash do great dps. Also Frostbrand seems kinda useless and hailstorm might be as well i have not tested that since i'm not 60 yet. My point is that if i get good stormbringer and lava lash procs then i'm glass cannon. But if not then i might as well a glass pistolOroknag11 1d
1d Crit Vs. Haste For Ele/Resto PvP? I'm bored with playing a tank and in the process of leveling a Shaman to focus on War Mode in BFA with some dungeons and BGs on the side. Will be swapping between Resto and Elemental and was wondering what a good secondary stat to focus on would be? I'd like to talent into cooldown/mobility type skills rather than sustained casting so I'm thinking Mastery is less viable for those types of scenarios? Versatility seems like a solid pick overall since it reliably buffs everything and gives some mitigation. I plan to focus on it primarily, but need to figure out what stat to focus on aside from that: Crit: Improves your mana efficiency for Resto via Resurgence and making each point of mana spent go further. 250% Ele crits are nice and benefits non-cast damage like Earthen Rage/Liquid Magma Totem/Frost Shock. Haste: More reliable than crit. Helps you get off valuable crowd control or damage spells before getting interrupted. Increases Maelstrom generation for Ele when you are able to free-cast. Higher healing throughput at the cost of mana efficiency. Any thoughts on the subject? Could I be underestimating how often I'm going to have a melee in my face interrupting me? I'll admit to having horrible Vanilla/BC flashbacks as an Affliction Warlock always having my Shadow school locked out by Rogues... Thanks!Einduir3 1d
2d Shamans current state. Does anyone else feel like shamans are slowly being turned into a kinda cruddy priest? Maybe it's just because I don't do high tier content but I often find totems to not change a lot in my healing or damage rotation when they used to help a bunch, I really wanted to main Shaman going into BFA and they are pretty decent but I just don't feel like I'm playing a shaman anymore, anyone else have this feel? Also comon blizz, just return buffs to their old state already.Hegani7 2d
2d How's Resto looking in BfA? And how are the other two dps looking? For both PvP and PvE, was gonna PvE resto and try out enh/ele for PvPPlasticmemo3 2d
2d Recruiting an Elemental Shaman for Heroic ABT [Horde] - Wyrmrest Accord - US Build Teams | Forge Trust | Conquer Dragons <Iron Serpents> is recruiting to fill out our core raid roster with some ranged dps, specifically an Elemental Shaman. Current progression is 8/11H, with goals to push through 11/11H before BfA drops. Our intention is to use the remainder of Legion’s end-game content to create a well-synergized team of players to move into BfA content with from the get-go, rather than having to PUG. We’re built around the idea of having fun while clearing content together, whether that be raids, general PvE, PvP, or something like achievement hunting. We have a lively, active discord full of quirks, jokes, and good times. We raid Tuesdays/Thursdays at 7:30pm - 9:30pm (Pacific Time), but we are active throughout the rest of the week doing other things together. If interested, let’s have a quick conversation to determine whether or not we’re the right fit for you! Send me a direct message on Discord (SinisterBlob#4576), or submit an application through our website’s recruitment page: www.ironserpents.com. (Be sure to include your BattleTag’s numbers when you apply as well!) Also visit our site’s About Us page to learn more!Claive0 2d
2d Resto Shaman Mastery cap? Is there any soft cap for Mastery on Resto? At any point should I start prioritizing the other stats?Gadgetpants40 2d
2d Need help with enh mage tower Whenever i start the fight im pulling sigyrn away from he other two and hexxing her, however as soon as i engage the other two her hex breaks. I've watched tons of guide videos on youtube and everyone i watched, they have sigryn hexxed for the majority of the fight. Did they fix this or something so she cant be hexxed?Vilaren5 2d
2d Kul Tiran Shamans! They WILL exist!! -Hex (New) Transforms the enemy into a wicker mongrel for 60 sec. While hexed, the victim is incapacitated, and cannot attack or cast spells. Damage may cancel the effect. Limit 1. Only works on Humanoids and Beasts. 30 yd range. 1.7 sec cast. 30 sec cooldown. -Hex (New) Transforms the enemy into a Zandalari Tendonripper for 60 sec. While hexed, the victim is incapacitated, and cannot attack or cast spells. Damage may cancel the effect. Limit 1. Only works on Humanoids and Beasts. 30 yd range. 1.7 sec cast. 30 sec cooldown. I know some people don't like the idea of Alliance getting more shaman races, but for those of us who don't want to play blue spacegoats or 4 foot tall Dawi, this is fantastic!Sundermoon34 2d
3d Waiting for the day Ghost Wolf is 100%. Druid Travel Form gets it.. Notice me, Senpai-Blizzard.Orcasm8 3d
3d Survivability? Hi all! I've been levelling an enhance shaman on and off for a while now, and I've noticed that the high level I get, the easier it is to die. I'm currently level 64 on this shaman, and was wondering, do things get less scary in solo content as I level? Because as of now, I like the fast pace, but if I don't get the right procs, I'm pretty much dead of a pull of 3 mobs.Zukraug5 3d
3d Why can't Lightforged roll Shaman? Topic. I'm really illiterate when it comes to WoW lore, so I'm just wondering why Draenei can roll Shaman, but Lightforged cannot?Ramzi21 3d
3d Just Say No to Maelstrom Seriously, this resource has to go. It's turned enhancement into being little more than a warrior that happens to zap, burn, or freeze you when it smacks you with its hammers. The spec was far more interesting back when it ran off of mana, had to incorporate an actual spell or two into its rotation, and was mostly reliant on skilled play in the form of you being completely screwed if you ran yourself out of mana before shamanistic rage was back off cooldown.Stereoninja8 3d
3d Shaman's Enhancement (Forum) I use to play Shaman like 10 years ago and recently decided to go back to it. It seems that Enhancement is like a slow roller DPS. I mean by slowroller is maybe in mythics etc when taking no damage you have time to put those extra buffs on damage but if your 1v1 or single target flametounge and other off buffs seem pointless. What say you? What spells do you stick to in Mythics and why?Constitine0 3d
3d Enhancement Fixes BFA ((Base Line)) • Feral Lunge: generate 10 Maelstrom, can be used either toward a damage to an enemy target or toward a heal to a friendly target. 30sec CD • Ghost Wolf: Increases movement speed by 30% and reduces roots and slows by 20% while in Ghost wolf. • Astral Shift: Reduces damage by %40 and heals for %40 of the damage it reduced. • Feral Spirit: Wolves damage also heals you for %30 of damage dealt. • Hex(passive): is instant at the cost of 30 Maelstrom for 5sec duration. • Reincarnation: Allows you to resurrect yourself upon death with 30% health and mana. 15min • Flametongue: Deals (24.57%*AP) fire damage and enhances your weapons with fire for 16sec causing each weapon attack to apply a dot (4.4%*AP) instead on the enemy target for 8sec, spreads and flares by Lava Lash. • Crash Lightning: Electrocutes all enemies around you, dealing (14.04%*AP) nature damage. Hitting 2 or more targets enhance your weapons for 10sec causing SS to deal 6% and LL to deal 3% nature damage to all enemies around you. ___________________________________________________________________________ ((Talents)) [1st Tier] (1/1) Boulderfist Rockbiter now generates an additional 20 Maelstrom over 5 sec and it deals 20% increased damage. (1/3) Lightning Shield Surround yourself with a shield of lighting for 1 hour. Damaging attacks have a chance to add a charge to your shield and Melee attackers may also suffer (10.428%*AP). Each charge increases the Crit chance of your SS by 2% and reduces its cost by 1 Maelstrom, Stacking up to 10 charges. (0s when SS crits) ------------------------------------ [2nd Tier] (2/3) Totem Mastery Summon a totem that increases your Maelstrom generation, damage and chance to trigger Stormbringer by %5. ------------------------------------ [3rd Tier] (3/1) Spirit Wolf While transformed into Ghost wolf, you gain 5% increased movement speed and 5% damage reduction every 1sec, stacking up to 4 times. When Ghost Wolf is deactivated the effects fades by 5% every 1sec. (3/3) Static Charge Now capacitor Totem explodes after 1sec and its cooldown is reduced by 5sec for each enemy it stuns, up to maximum reduction of 15sec. ------------------------------------ [4th Tier] (4/1) Searing Assault Flametongue damage over time (dot) increased by (120%*AP) fire damage over 8sec. (4/3) Overcharge Lightning bolt now consumes up to 30 Malestorm for up to 1000% increased damage, but has 8sec cooldown. ------------------------------------ [5th Tier] (5/2) Grounding Totem Summon a totem for 3sec that redirect the next 3 attacks against allies, towards it. 30secCD (5/3) Wind Rush Totem Summon a totem at the target location for 6sec, granting movement immunity for allies around 15yd radius. 1min CD ------------------------------------ [7th Tier] (7/1) Elemental Spirits Reduces the cooldown of your Feral Spirit by 1min. (7/3) Ascendance Transform into an Air Ascendant for 15sec, reducing the cooldown and cost of SS and Crash Lightning by 80%, and transforming your auto attacks, SS and Crash Lightning into Wind attacks which bypass armor and have a 30 yd range.Alißaba9 3d
3d tier 5 talent ion m+? I have always ran ancestral vigor in this tier, but how do you guys feel about ancestral protection totem for myth+? having a b rez, that doesnt count as a b rez, on a 5 min cd sounds like it could be very helpful? Also, if I drop it after someone has died, will it still rez them? or does it need to be dropped beforehand?Mytotemstiny1 3d
4d exposed elements nerfed to barely useful the fact that when they nerf things for shaman they go by 100% tells me they dont know wtf they are doing . no trying 175% 150% no always a full 100%. I expect them to lower it to 50% before live at this point.Kagethunder3 4d
4d Elemental hidden skin droprate? Do I need rep for a faction or something? Didnt they improve the droprates significantly? I killed already like 20 elites in the sewers and still no Zandalari claw. I killed Floatsam once and he had the mace.Emberosia3 4d
4d Shaman or Druid for BFA I am looking to main either Shaman or Druid for BFA. Primary spec would be Elemental for the Shammy or Boomkin for the Druid. Looking for some input on what others would prefer for BFA.Wrekxar18 4d
4d So class uniqueness in BFA... So now that ive read so much on BFA maybe hard to recall all sources but if you read on it Im sure you may have heard some of this Apparently the reason for the removal of Displacer beast and Gust of wind was cause it was taking away from Mage being a mobile caster. So now I take a look at other classes and dk has spell (i think its baseline and unsure of exact name) Reap magic i think and basically purges one beneficial spell, and gives them runic power when they successfully remove a buff. And really unsure if it has a cool down maybe someone here will know. So my question is in arenas and in rbgs will there be any reason to have a shaman especially if they keep they abysmal surviving cds. Also not knowing if being able to lust in pvp will make it as pvp talent in BFA. purge has been a big part of shaman so Im having a hard time seeing when they are trying to keep classes unique then go give a spell like this. edit: its was taken away from dks and given to demon huntersJabloopy10 4d
4d 10/11 mythic <Simple Math> recruiting!! <Simple Math> is currently looking for quality players to fill out our roster as we look to the end of Legion and into Battle for Azeroth. Simple Math is a longstanding guild located on the PvP server Andorhal (PST) made up of hardcore players that has expanded over several years. We're currently looking for more players who love both PvE and PvP content and push themselves to be not best in the guild, but best in the world. We have currently achieved all relevant raiding server firsts since Tier 6 (yes, everything). After an extended hiatus we are trying to get back into the flow of raiding by easing our way back into hardcore raiding. Currently led by 11/11M raiders and filled with Ex-Mythic raiders we are on a weekend raiding schedule and hope to go back to a competitive weekday schedule in Battle for Azeroth. Things you should know about us: * We raid Saturday & Sunday 8pm-12am EST, as well as Monday to finish out ABT 9-11:30pm EST. We also do optional Mythic+ runs, Sales, and Heroic/Normal runs through the week. * We're a 10-year old guild with a tight roster, we barely over recruit. Players are recruited to raid, not to sit on the bench. * We use a loot council system for loot distribution. DKP is not used. Our application forums are always open to exceptional applicants of all classes, but right now we are seeking the following classes: Currently searching for: Tanks: - Death Knight (flex Frost/Blood) Healers: - Resto Shaman, Resto Druid DPS: Full Here are a few things that we look at in potential recruits: * Warcraftlogs reports required. * Able to take and give criticism as well as deal with our noisy Discord environment. * Attend raids 2 nights per week (Sat/Sun, 8pm - 12am EST). * Ability and willingness to play multiple specs in case the raid needs you to play a different role. * Social players with a good sense of humor that are able to communicate through Discord. * Players with excellent situational awareness. Cross-server applications and group applications are welcome. Anybody interested in joining our guild can fill out the application on our website or contact one of our officers in-game: - Waves: Storm#15991 - Dippinshots: Dippindotts#1504 - xMooby: xMooby#1612 - Tontsuo: Ameleo#1497 Guild Website: http://www.simplemathguild.com/ http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/andorhal/Simple+Math https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/1595/Clammyjonezi3 4d
4d What Expansion you enjoyed Enhance most? Mine is PandariaPröblems28 4d
5d Need help, cannot get my resto shaman weapon Ok so i did something dumb. I got my enhancement weapon at level 100 my elemental weapon at level 105 and at 110 i was working on the resto weapon. The problem is the mobs hit too hard and i instantly pull aggro and take 30% of my health per second. I even bought 815 gear to help me with the quest and i still cannot do it. The resto quest line for the artifact weapon is impossible to do. My healing only heals like 5% of the giant's health, and the giant is taking like 15-20% of health every second. He doesn't hold threat and also i have to pop coldowns on the first pull (with the mukurara and the crabs,) and i am stuck on the naga sea witch. If you can nerf the mobs a little bit that would be good. I am not a noob - i remove curse the debuff frost bombs, i use healing stream rip tide spamming healing surges and use talents for single target focus. I tried to fight it out as enhancement but i am taking 40% of my health from the debuffs which i cannot dispel. The quest should be doable at level 110. I cannot do it because the scaling is broken. Thanks for the help, please nerf please. (my item level is 795 with all 780 and a few 815 peices and i bought specifically peerless (mastery and crit) gear and i still get destroyed) ThanksBattletap18 5d
5d Best class ever! Dear Shaman friends, Why did no one tell me how much fun elemental is? I just boosted this character and this is by far the most fun I've had on any wow character, which says a lot because I have 7 max level characters (Mage, DK, Hunter, Rogue, Warlock, Priest, and this Shaman) I've only been playing it for a few days, and my main is pretty much dead to me now lol. In pvp, this class is amazing. Granted I die to certain specs, but mostly I do pretty well. I just played a ToK, and popped stormkeeper, skyfury totem, and spammed chain lightning... Killed all 4 orb carriers This class is pure fun, I don't care what anyone says. I'm so glad I gave this class a try, I just wish I would've tried it sooner. Love Unmoc, the newb shamanUnmoc5 5d
5d enhance downtime I could be very well doing it wrong, but i used my boost on a 110 shaman(enhance) and so far it feels like he has downtime when theres nothing to do but AA. is this normal? seems i dont generate enough with rockbiter and im always out of charges. before i comtinue gearing Im interested if this is normal.Guchi8 5d
6d BFA Shaman changes feedback I was anticipating playing a Shaman throughout the next expansion, I kind of regret not playing one for Legion. Although I did level one to 110, I am rerolling on a different server with this shaman you see. With the datamined changes to shaman for Battle for Azeroth, I am already disheartened... Many shaman abilities will have a cooldown. Although it already serves no good purpose to spam abilities like flame and earth shock, and no decent player would, the fact that I have no choice in the matter really detracts from the flavor of the class which got me interested in the first place. I need a class that is not limited by cooldowns... The shaman's limit was having enough maelstrom, now its limit is yet more CD's. This ruins varying play styles and makes for a more even playing field between good and better players by making game play yet more straight forward. Currently I have options depending on when I feel like having fun or playing seriously. I can spam flameshock on all adds then chain lava burst with procs, or I spam chain lightening and dump maelstrom with earthquake, or earth shocks. EDIT: And they have currently removed Icefury to allow for Frostshock being a viable dps ability, which made me want to play shaman at the start of Legion. Now Blizzard may take 3 playstyles and force it into 1 with cooldowns to shocks, earthquake and icefury removal. Plus chain heal is getting a cooldown too. Very disappointed already.Drakontas52 6d
6d Elemental Shaman Fundamental Issues BFA Beta Lavallama touched on some of these issues in another post. And a special thanks to Raden, a friend of mine that helped write this post. So I know this thread has a lot of constructive criticism in it but I do want to point out that we do like some of the changes. Coming into BFA we do appreciate the changes in our survivability and self preservation as a spec. Allowing us to be viable in high end mythic + content. Flame Shock Duration and Cooldown Issues: * The duration of Flame Shock doesn't compliment the duration of the ascendance buff. * Duration is almost impossible to keep up on 3 targets * Target switching is a pain like in Warlords. * Cant use it anymore as an "on the move" spell. * Makes PvP priority target switching even worse than PVE and the debuff can just be dispelled in PVP with no reproccusion Possible Solutions: * Have a interaction with lava surge LvB casts to have a Path of Flame Mechanic to spread flameshock. * Lower CD by 50%, Duration of Flame shock isn't as bad of an issue. * Have a reprocussion for Flame Shock Dispells in pvp. * Have 2 Stacks of FLame Shock | Maybe even have a simliar interaction to reset the CD of Flameshock like Lava Surge. Maelstrom Generation Issues Issues: * Forcing Cookie Cutter Build to fill the void of mealstrom gap with such talents: Echo of the Elements, Aftershock, Storm Elemental/High Voltage (If high voltage isn't bugged), Primal Elementalist cus (Icefury isn't worth the maelstrom cost of FrostShocks), Storm Keeper (To eliminate AOE build up). * Chain Lightning Generating low maelstrom, having to cast 4-6 times before earthquake can be casted. * Earthquake Costs too much maelstrom, causing 3 target situations to continue using Earthshock instead. Possible Solutions: * Increase Maelstrom generated by Chainlightning to eliminate slow build up for aoe. * Increase Maelstrom generation scaling from elemental overloads thus not overpowering Mastery proc chance. * Reduce cost of Earthquake to 50 so we can cast twice at full maelstrom. Eliminating aoe buildup. Start of Expansion and Late Expansion Scaling * Elemental Scaling has been an issue and a reputation with the class, we would prefer to be adjusted later in the expansion when the gear comes in then to start out weak and unviable in high end content for the first raid tier. Mobility issues Coming from Legion Issues: * Gust of wind Removed leaving us with low combat mobility and a sour taste in our mouths. And nothing in return for the removal of the talent. * We have no spells to use while moving aside from instant cast spells, though they are either gated behind maelstrom costs or long CD's. Outside of RNG with lava surge procs we don't have the "stutter step capabilities" like other casters do. Possible Solutions: * Gust of Wind was a "baseline talent" in which it was so good that we took it in almost every situation. So making it baseline would be preffered. Other casters have at least 2 mobility spells while we are stuck with ghost wolf. * Allow Lightning Bolt to be castable while moving, or give us back Spirit Walkers grace as a baseline ability. We know that numbers adjustments are still to come and we know that elemental still has some bugs to fix but we hope that these points will help or the existence of the said issues are already known.Barokoshama26 6d
May 19 Elemental 2v2 Talents + Honor Talents Hello Shamans! I'm a Disc and I heal an Ele Sham in 2v2 and was wondering what Shammy talents are effective for this bracket. I can only ever find 3v3 info, sometimes there are differences Any help greatly appreciatedVadlord2 May 19
May 18 Rate that transmog - Shaman! Last thread is at its limit so making a new one since I just got my artifact skin!! Let me know what you think! Rate the Shaman above youÆyéléss494 May 18
May 18 Dark Shamans set. Can anyone clarify what are the rules for it dropping? I see people saying you only get 1 chance a week , in all difficulties (exactly like the argus trinkets) I also see people saying you can do all difficulties (including LFR) and still get it. Has anyone ever dropped it from LFR? Can anyone confirm if you have more than 1 chance a week? Thanks in advance.Vülgrïm13 May 18
May 17 Weapon Transmog So why is it that shamans and other classes cannot T-mog weapons that they can use to certain weapons they have equipped. For instance, I have a one-handed axe but and I want to T-mog it to fist weapons. My class can use both axes and fist weapons and they are both one handed but I cannot T-mog them with each other. Is there a valid reason for this? or is it something that just hasn't been complained about enough to gain traction.Pîçkle2 May 17
May 17 Hex Variant OK, stupid question of the day. Was going through my spellbook, thinking, I am kind of tired of turning mobs into frogs. Lets turn them into raptors instead. So Pulled out my Hex Variant spell. Question: Is there a way just to make the icon a raptor or do I need to click the icon each time and then click the raptor? Sorry for such a dumb question, but depending on hitting my hotkey or not will depend on if I stay with frog or switch it to the variant. Thank youMastadôn1 May 17
May 17 The Paradox Of Enhancement! So people love Enhance's damage, but dislike the survivability. They, hate the mechanism, but love em spells. They think it's great in rated PVP, but maybe one lucky clown made it above 2.2k. They acknowledge the AOE, yet it's one of the least favored classes in M+ if not the least. Hmmmm... I guess Blizz responds ... You can have your cake, but you can't eat it!Pröblems6 May 17
May 17 Elemental Shaman - fun factor? Hey there, I'll go ahead and offer an apology in advance if people don't enjoy this type of thread. I've decided to make my first Shaman and see what fun I can have with the class. I'm more interested in playing Elemental as I would like to spend time playing a ranged character. To the Elemental Shaman vets, what can I expect in terms of experiencing fun while playing this class? What abilities do you enjoy? What makes the class your favorite? Yes, I know this is all subjective discussion, but that's a-okay with me. Thank you to anyone who replies.Brownhawk9 May 17