Shaman

5d Why does Enhance dual-wield? This may be a really strange thing to have an issue with, but I don't understand why Enhancement Shaman is another dual-wielding class. I counted, and assuming you don't count the also dual-wielding druid specs and monk spec, there are 8 different dual-wielding specs in the game. In comparison, there are only 4 specs in the game that use 2-handers, and really only 3, assuming you don't want to count the completely abandoned Survival Hunter. So why is Enhance (and Frost DK, though this is about shamans) another dual-wielder? Is there some gameplay or lore reason? Since we're losing the Doomhammer next expansion anyways, I'd like to suggest that we gain the ability to use 2-handers again, and provide people with another spec that can actually use those fancy 2-hand weapons that only 4 other specs can use.Cyrus32 5d
5d resto talents help? currently leveling a resto shaman and need help with talents in both pvp and pve; mostly with tier 1. i took undeulate for some meaty heals it's okay in pve for now but in pvp it can easily be useless when getting kicked constantly. i am wondering would earthen life be better to take in the end since it is instant? my major issue right now is melee dps. once they start to gang up on me im good as dead. can't heal or kite them. last i played it was mixed opinions. some said take undulate others told me take earthen life.Astura5 5d
5d Troll or Tauren? Title. I have a lot of orcs and goblins are basically gnomes. Mostly for Ele or resto PvE although I'll take insight on anything PvP and enh.Xanatoss15 5d
5d pve as ele, ever forced to enhance? What I'm wondering is, in a high end pve raiding group, those of you who ele, how often have you actually had to swap to enhance? I ask because I'm considering rolling ele in the future, but not sure about my interest in playing enhance. As a mage, (in higher pve environments) it would be expected of me to pick whatever spec was best dps wise. Typically one spec has been better at AoE noticeably, than another, which is far stronger single spec. However, I'm wondering if not the same is true towards shaman dps, because wouldn't the raid prefer you stay ranged for composition reasons? Most raid teams, need more ranged generally. I would think ele might not be asked really very much to actually go enhance. Am I wrong on that? Thanks.Caennon11 5d
5d 2v2 Ele or Enh? Hey all, Recently got back into the game after playing at Legion launch. I am mainly just looking to do arenas with my hunter friend. I know the game isn't balanced for 2v2 but between ele or enh, what would I have a better time with, knowing my partner? Thanks!Apotequil15 5d
5d Bloodlust; when to use it? Im pretty new to the game but learning. I always seem to get yelled at for using Bloodlust at the wrong times. Its to the point where I don't even use it because I'm afraid someone will yell at me. But then I get yelled at for not using it LOL. Is there some kind of guide out there that lays out when to use Bloodlust for all boss encounters?? Maybe an addon? I honestly don't know how I am supposed to figure out when to use it when we're talking about over 100 boss encounters. Thanks in advance.Locolava11 5d
5d cant get nobundo as a follower? so ive gotten every follower but nobundo, and considering he is level 104, its odd i havnt gotten him yet. How do you unlock him? Ive done google searchs and looked through wowhead, but nothing really specifies on how to unlock him. im so confusedCaketastic5 5d
6d Icefury Build Wondering about the Icefury build for PvE. Most guides talk about ascendence, lightning rod, or Gambler (whatever that is). So is Icefury no good? It looks interesting and fun so I thought I'd give it a try. If it's halfway decent, what's the rotation and stat priority? Thanks in advance.Xanasham16 6d
6d Arena comp questions Hey guys what comps are best for ele and enhance atm?Castiiel4 6d
6d Enhancement still feels underhanded In PVE, Dungeons, and PVP I still feel as though I'm lacking something. in PVP i noticed my really squishy and have hardly any defense. I noticed practically every class has a way to easily escape combat, heal themselves, or put up some barrier were they take no damage what so ever. I'm thinking why doesn't shamans have that? in PVE i just notice that my health is brought down almost half my health sometimes when just going against one single target. and in Dungeons i feel i just lack behind others in damage. Are Enhancement shamans build to be single target hitters where most of their utility and power goes in trying to defeat an enemy really quick? I feel i'm a bit confused on how to play an Enhancement shaman ever since i started back playing again since WOD. I skipped Cat and Pan so i don't know what they were back then. But i feel as though shamans are getting a short end of the stick here.Zurimon9 6d
6d Why is enhance aoe so terrible ? I leveled like a DK, feral , and warlock through argus and just realizing like.. Enhance aoe is really really pathetic lol. Like whole new levels even speccing crash lightning or fury of air I just dont get it .Crimsonita27 6d
6d Is this even possible. Is it even possible to beat Agatha without Roots of Shaladrassil, Prydaz or both at the same time? If you did beat her without help from those legendaries I would really like to know what you did.Caveat25 6d
Sep 13 Why Does Elemental Have Windfury Totem? Are you trying to tell us to just go enhancement? :D Honesly curious if any ele's have found it to worth taking over skyfury/counterstrike totem in any situation. Maybe if you're playing with another shaman?Streamlined5 Sep 13
Sep 13 New Healing Rain is too hard to see We already had enough trouble with no one standing in it, now its even harder to see amidst the chaos of battle. I am glad we have a new animation that makes it look modern and snazzy, and would love to keep it, but any chance of getting the transparency turned down a few notches so it glows as brightly as before? Even I sometimes lose it, and I am the one that placed it. Other animations are all fantastic though. I especially love the heals having a projectile of sorts. This seems like a fairly simple fix for a change that is otherwise all great.Ayanama26 Sep 13
Sep 13 Netherlight Crucible: Resto Recommendations Hi All: What are the current recommendations for the build on the resto shammy netherlight crucible build? Icy veins didn't seem that helpful.Rastlin6 Sep 13
Sep 13 @Bring Back Asnd Glyph.... Forget the glyph, bring back MoP animation....Zerofun0 Sep 13
Sep 13 Stormstrike animation Is it me or there is a new stormstrike animation since today? Maces started to glow blue when we strike.Murlocbane0 Sep 13
Sep 12 Healing Rain? Hello, Every since 7.3 launched I've been having a hard time seeing where I've been placing my healing rain. Is there anyway to make it any darker through the game or an addon? Thanks in advance.Namaka4 Sep 12
Sep 12 Bring back [Glyph of Ascendance] for Legion Seems like this option is now gone for Shamans? Please bring this back because the current default Ascendance model is a joke. It can't even hold weapons correctly, and let's not even get started on how stupid it is to become a Twilight Cultist Ascendant lookalike.Amak60 Sep 12
Sep 12 Resto PVP Macros help Is it possible to join 2 different types of macro conditions together? ie [harm] & [mod:xxxx] I have a macro that: /cast [harm] Flame Shock; Riptide casts FS if im targeting an enemy or riptide if im targeting a friendly. But I was wondering if I can put a "[mod:alt] target=player" in there somewhere to make it cast on myself while holding alt, regardless of what im targeting.Slickboy1 Sep 12
Sep 12 Can't see healing rain This new animation is fair too faint to see. Needs to be way more solid / brighter etc...Doubleßrutal0 Sep 12
Sep 12 Stats % - What should Shamans aim for? What stat percentages should Resto Shamans be aiming for?Healionaire8 Sep 12
Sep 11 Changed my opinion on Spec for PvP Gone back to the Primal ele / Storm ele combo for PvP After a lot of games figured out the spec with ele blast sucks if you dont crit and we have a 19% base crit. Its extremely RNG dependent for pressure. Primal Ele / Storm ele brings a ton of Utility and Maelstrom Generation. Storm ele has a knock up you can use to pseudo interrupt casters. You can also use the knock up to set up for cap totems if your running caps. Also helps keep things from running from your teammates which is good especially if they are destro. Ive been playing that on both shams and never look back. If you dont want to play Primal / Storm ele go back to fusion / echo / ice fury. I still think we are going to be one of the stronger casters as this meta develops.Stickirikii2 Sep 11
Sep 11 Shaman event I'm thinking of running a shaman event back on my home realm. I've gotten suggestions from my guild, though i would enjoy suggestions from the shaman forum as well. I'm thinking of either doing a mentor ship thing, where the inexperienced get a shaman mentor or even the Kosh'harg if i can get other rp guilds together for it. ThoughtsTharzargus2 Sep 11
Sep 11 Kor'Kron Dark Shaman Cosmetic Outfit Is this outfit still available? If so I'd love to have it on my shaman. My boyfriend and I wanted to have matching Shaman outfits and saw this but have no Idea if it's available or not. Any help is awesome and a big help!Izukima13 Sep 11
Sep 11 Make our resto animations darker already Like seriously. What's taking so long? It's already hard enough to get people to stand in healing rain. Now practically nobody stands in it. And what's with our invisible chain heal beam. Fix it guys.Thelws5 Sep 11
Sep 11 Bring Back Lighting (Helicopter!) As per the wise Shaman Wickidi circa about 2006-ish: "Please make lightning helicopter, it is a helicopter made out of lightning. When Shaman cast Lightning helicopter it mean helicopter-shaped lightning fly to target face and rip. When touched, the face rip. Lightning helicopter has special feature where ripface is shock into propellers and spin around shocking and spinning, At end lightning helicopter crashes into ground and victim crashes for explode lightning!! " I seriously can't understand why this was never implemented.Auriga1 Sep 11
Sep 10 Shaman "type" classes in other mmos to start, i love the shaman class! the tribal yet "native american spiritual" or "witchdoctor" feel to the class. is there any other classes like this in other mmos/rpg games? besides witch doctor of course in diablo ty!Girthvaderz3 Sep 10
Sep 10 using the old combo windsong and hailstorm anyone use the old windsong,hailstorm combo anymore?i see most are running hothand or landslide but i recently switched to windsong and its hitting like a truck along with my rockbitters at my current mastery windsong hits for 400k damage and my rockbitters are hitting for 320k thats before the buffs from flametongue and hailstorm buffs. i also run fury of air.this is just a lot of nature and fire damage that by passes armor.Thanen5 Sep 10
Sep 10 Bug or no? Forgive my ignorance. Do sham have some talent somewhere that shuts down all opponents abilities for a short time if a spell is reflected? Or is this a bug? TyHotfist0 Sep 10
Sep 10 Lava Burst Animation The point where the lava projectile gets propelled forward should have some kind of effect where the lava gets pushed backwards as the main projectile goes forward, as the previous animation did. It seems they tried to make something like that with the new animation, but the lava instead comes from behind the character models...which imo looks a bit weird. Also, previously the lava would also drop on the ground and make small pools for a second on so. I doubt many ppl noticed those details but still...i felt like pointing them out, since i think they looked pretty nice.Rokhnar2 Sep 10
Sep 10 Why does ele have windury seriously ..... give me groundingWoolly4 Sep 10
Sep 10 Shaman on Argus So exactly how are our abilities supposed to work on Argus? Garrosh "tortured the elements for miles around" and Thrall was completely powerless. Argus looks like it's corrupted to it's very core. Are there even elements left to channel?Shockrain14 Sep 10
Sep 9 Did I miss something? Was checking warcraft logs today and Fury of Air+ES are now the top talent on all fights in ToS, no longer Crashing Storm/Ascendance....did I miss something?Galvanism1 Sep 9
Sep 9 Shaman DPS (PvP) Hello! Looking to jump into PvP for this shaman. But looking at trying out DPS. I enjoy both specs but don't want to play ele if it's really gimped in PvP for example. Interest is mostly RBGs. But would be interested in information about arenas as well! So how do each spec hold up in PvP? Dps mostly but heals would be another option! Any and all info would be great! Thanks!!Razrohk10 Sep 9
Sep 9 Just cancelled my subscription! Just hoping to give others the push if they need it. Been an ele main for years, never did much beyond heroic so I never worried too much about damage and survivability, but this xpac has been enough. The new spell animations had me excited enough to ignore the fact that the damage buffs were not enough and did not address our issues, but then I saw Ion's little quote about our defensives (plural? really?) being fine, and including reincarnation as a defensive. Which is the last piece of proof I need that this spec will never be even remembered seriously, since the game designers don't really know what we do even now. They left us healing surge to justify the hybrid tax they will never remove. I feel like this game has been coming apart at the seams since MoP, visually, gameplay-wise, and in terms of community. I'm done giving them money.Graike34 Sep 9
Sep 9 Does Ele get faster? So I just came back to the game and have been playing this guy for a bit (he's my first char in legion). I've been leveling Enhance for my first broken shores and I have been loving it! I switched to Ele to try it out, but once I finished the artifact quest I was like aw hail no. Both Lava burst and Elemental blast have relatively long cast times that make the spec feel very slow to me. I think it may be because Im not capped right? So my question is, how does elemental feel in the current meta, is it slow, too fast, what are your thoughts?Ipatote8 Sep 9
Sep 9 Lava Burst -20% damage bug in PvP As a few people in the shaman PvP community have been pointing out, Lava Burst is bugged currently in all PvP instances. What should be happening is our Lava Burst Elemental Overload's should be doing 20% less damage, but instead our main cast does 20% less damage. This bug was on beta and was completely ignored, so I'm doing my best to circulate it as well as provide evidence for it being bugged. I have 23,443 int in the world, and 11.8% versatility. Lava Burst has a SP modifier of 210%, auto crits on targets afflicted with flame shock, and Elemental Fury causes our crits to deal 250% damage instead of 200%. I have the artifact traits that increase Lava Burst's damage by 9% and increase it's crit damage by 6%. ********************PvE Damage Calc**************************** 23,443 (1 int = 1 SP) x 2.1 (Lava Burst modifier) x [2.5 (auto crit with Elemental Fury) + (0.06 x 2.5) (Artifact LvB crit damage multiplier) ] x 1.118 (versa) x 1.09 (Artifact increased damage) = 158,981 Now the above number is without Elemental Focus, and to test it out I hit a target dummy for a few minutes, making sure to remove Elemental Focus whenever it came up on me. This was my result, with about 164k being the average LvB: https://gyazo.com/bb08c5c9e61b66d5e480faf7472094a3 And just so we have a ballpark estimate of what the numbers would look like in PvP, where I should be able to get LvB off a lot with Elemental Focus I did another test which I later compared to PvP. The average for this test was 176k, with a max hit of 181k: https://gyazo.com/767253e3e74823603a567a0693553e73 Now on to what the numbers should be like in PvP. I have 25,195 int in PvP without any buffs. I also have 18% versa. Crits deal 150% damage in PvP as opposed to 200%, so that makes our Elemental Fury go from 250% crit damage (265% for LvB with artifact trait) to 1.875% (1.9875% with artifact trait). So here we go on the math for that. *************************PvP Damage Calc*************************** 25,195 (1 int = 1 SP) x 2.1 (Lava Burst modifier) x 1.9875 (auto crit modifier in PvP w/ artifact trait) x 1.18 (versa) x 1.09 (Artifact increased damage) = 135,253 So our LvB should be doing about 135k in pvp. Funny, because that isn't what I'm seeing from doing skirms or bgs. This is what I encountered, notice the average hit of about 94k: https://gyazo.com/e4f3d04b950832e546547b18b4e4c76c Now there are two possible options here. If LvB should be hitting 135k (not even factoring in the potential 10% increase on a chunk of casts from Elemental Focus) and its hitting for 94k, either people have 30%+ versatility OR the skill is bugged. Now, I'll be honest when I say that I don't know what versatility other classes have in PvP, but I highly doubt that its 30%. Edit: My PvP sample from battlegrounds was without Skyfury Totem or Ascendence, as both have modifiers which increase the damage of Lava Burst and I did not want this data to interfere with my sample.Mustachex22 Sep 9
Sep 9 Let me tell you why Ankh is NOT a defensive One of the shaman devs seems to consider our reincarnate ability as a defensive. Maybe he will find this post and change his mind.... Maybe some day shamans will have more than 1 legitimate defensive. 1. It cannot be used in sanctioned PvP 2. When playing solo in PvE, the mobs reset when you die. If anything, its an advantage to the damn mob because they are healed to full and then they can pound you again, starting at half health. 3. It has a 30 minute cooldown. 30 MINUTES, REALLY?! This isn't Lay On Hands here. This ability should have a 10 min CD at most. 4. Completely useless if the environment has changed and there is a perminent AoE on the ground in your area (Example: Avatar in ToS). You die pretty much immediately after resurrection. 5. (And honestly if this isn't enough to convince you Ankh isn't a defensive, please seek help.) IF YOU FIRST NEED TO DIE TO USE AN ABILITY, IT IS NOT A DEFENSIVE. PERIOD. --- How can we solve this problem? Here's a suggestion (of course there could be many ways to change our defensives, this is just a simple and straight-forward way I thought of) 1. every time we use instant-cast Healing Surge (meaning maelstrom was used), it also heals for 10% max HP over 8 seconds. Using insta-healing surge multiple times can extend this HoT to 16 seconds. 2. Every time Healing Surge is cast (regardless of inta-cast or not), reduces the CD on Astral Shift by 2 seconds.Shazzaman19 Sep 9
Sep 9 Resto Trinket Questions I recently got a 930 amalgam's spine from the mythic + cache and am wondering if the stat stick portion is enough to push it above either of my current trinkets, a 910 grand design and 905 socketed sea star. talents are http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/shaman/restoration/cj9z I mainly heal mythic +, since our raid team has 3 good heals and too few dps.Naielle4 Sep 9
Sep 8 Did they change Earth Grab totem? Seems really bad in PvP all of the sudden. I used to be able to reliably throw it down for an instant snare, and now it seems pretty 50/50 - sometimes the snare is immediate, sometimes there's like a full second delay between putting it down and its first pulse. Anyone else notice this?Tinkertotemz8 Sep 8
Sep 8 Grievous So. Who is enjoying healing this crap affix with our mastery? I am not sure why an affix would be designed to only affect one spec in 5 mans. This one literally has no game play change on anyone but healers. I had a horrible time with Shade last night in upper Kara. Jumping during frost phase, everyone taking damage, and my mastery is essentially worthless at 85% health but everyone still has 5 stacks of this debuff.Jumbulaya37 Sep 8
Sep 8 Please do not put that rediculous Proposed chain lightning spell in for the love of god please blizz. I understand things need to improve in the game but in my humble ipinion i absolutely love the spell the way it is. It's honestly one of the main reasons i love playing a shaman. I even have videos displaying the awesomeness of casting it and getting it to overload and it is just so awesome on the eyes. I have been playing my shaman as my main since wrath. Played every other class and spec in the game. Please do not put that horrible proposed spell in.Blunta8 Sep 8
Sep 8 [Elemental] Earthquake idea. Hello Shaman community, Today I'm here to talk about our favorite AOE spell, Earthquake. At the moment it feels really clunky and inconsistent to stop what you're doing, use the targeting reticle, and then finally placing the earthquake. It stops us dead in our tracks and makes it less enjoyable (for me at least) to AOE effective and efficiently. Not to mention wasting all the GCDs to do this as well as setting down LMT... The Maelstorm gain is very spiky with our current "AOE" spec and I have some ideas to change Earthquake for the better. They should make EQ into a CD or a toggle buff like a combination of Stormkeeper and Enhancement's Fury of Air talent. The buff will gradually drain MP similar to Fury of Air. (Example) "Your chain lightning overloads have a chance to cause an earthquake at the ground of the enemy dealing x amount of damage and knocking down enemies blah blah blah costs 25 MP per second" (Example) This way we can provide a more constant flow of DPS without having to stop, look where to put EQ, and pick it back up wasting GCD time. I really, really, really wish they would do this. Please let me know if you think this change would help or if I'm just a big goofball?Funky3 Sep 8
Sep 8 Dwarf Shamans, show me your mogs! Looking to move my Shaman to Alliance and it's been really tough deciding a race that I'd be happy with how gear looks on them. I'm pretty sure I've decided on a Dwarf but I'd love to see some transmog out there of your Dwarf Shamans!Thorrosh27 Sep 8
Sep 8 Stormstrike third cast changed? Hey, I might have missed something, but it seems that the third SS in a row now uses the the side swing attack animation. I'm pretty sure it used to be a bit more badass and a used both hands? Bug? Thoughts?Kalarm3 Sep 8
Sep 8 Futility and Disparity Playing Elemental? Not sure what it is, but anything I try to do with Elemental just feels pointless/hopeless. Elemental, fantasy wise is probably the greatest spec Blizzard has ever made, but in reality the spec just doesn't perform the way you imagine it most of the time. The recent changes, completely destroyed all the work I had put into customizing the spec in the way I enjoyed playing it. Getting as close to 100% Mastery has always been fun for me. It eliminated the RNG chance of not overloading my skills. It also helped with consistent maelstrom generation, where I could say after X amount of lava bursts/lightning bolts I can use Eshock at max power. Reading some previous posts by supposedly "Good" Elemental shamans, I saw alot of them complaining about being able to cap mastery early on. In my mind, I was wondering why anyone would complain about being able to reach a hard cap on a stat since it meant you could focus other gear on the other 3 stats Crit/Haste/Vers without having to sacrifice mastery. The spec right now feels completely different, I went from 30-22-86(C-H-M) to 28-35-51(C-H-M). Blizzard, Ion especially, have been saying how they want gear to be an upgrade and to be able to equip it instead of figuring out the math. With constant changes like these that fluctuate weights greatly I end up becoming a hoarder. Instead of giving a piece of gear I don't need BADLY to another player, I often end up telling them "Sorry, I might need this. Not sure which stats will be needed and I need to be able to swap incase". (Though 9/10 I'll give to them, not that mean). TL;DR Elemental feels all over the place, and I there won't be any reworks until 8.0 most likely. What can I do to get rid of this feeling. No other class/spec is as enjoyable to play as Shaman.Blvdsham7 Sep 8
Sep 7 Healing rain suggestion Healing rain needs a better animation. Being virtually invisible is not acceptable at all. Since it's called healing rain they should make the base circle glow light bluish and fill it in like a puddle. And the. They should add actual visible rain. Blizzard gets a cool rune that's visible and ice shards falling. Healing rain is one of the shamans most used and critical spells. Our t20 is focused on it and so is our last upcoming tier. It's a slap to the face and an insult to shamans that they make healing rain such a crucial part of our healing and then make it virtually invisible...Eizzok1 Sep 7
Sep 7 MMOCHAMP poll Poll on MMOChamp has Shaman as "most ignored class". /discussRyyze6 Sep 7
Sep 7 Change Chain Heal Animation. Okay. I LOVE Shamans. I think all the animations are cool. Now, many of my friends laugh at me for focusing on the animations, but I think its part of what makes this game fun. Anyway, to the point. The chain heal animation just doesnt make any sense. It has the paladin/priest casting ring animation. Now, dont get me wrong, I love Priests, but this just completely destroyes the Shaman feel. The casting animation should be water casting, like the others. In my opinion, its very shamanic. The green beam effect is not too bad, however I would also like it to be a more blue coloured beam. (The thunder/stormy sound effect is awesome, but would be 10 times better if it was a light blue beam). But the main problem is the casting animation, it completely throws off the shamanic feel to the healing spells. Now, I know that in the Restoration discription it says something like "calls upon spirits and the cleansing power of water". I understand how this could lead to a casting animation like the priests/paladins, but it would work better if it was still water casting, or some kinda light blue/white casting, not the way it currently is. So, please blizzard, see what you can do. Other than that, I think the shaman class is great, and I love everything about it. Reply with your opinions, as well as other ideas for shaman animations.Liyathriel17 Sep 7