Shaman

Nov 6, 2012 Does enh get better? I have a 78 shammen ,and I often have moments where I have nothing to do without hard casting lighting bolt. Does getting unleash elements fix this ,or does this moment exist at max level as well? It is really un-enjoyible to not have a spell to cast ,and to then just auto attack for a few seconds until I do again. Anyway does this change at 90 or somthing ?Omelete20 Nov 6, 2012
Nov 6, 2012 WTB Spirit Link for Ele Seriously....Clutch. Knowing how to use it and Healing with this can be game breaking. Having this as an ele would really help our survivability. We could drop it so our healer has a chance to mitigate incoming damage on us. Like healthswap for priests I mean, c'mon, you already have to be in the same location for it to work anyway....Whatevas0 Nov 6, 2012
Nov 6, 2012 2 Piece pvp for pve? I'm not sure if its true, but I heard for pve as enhancement you want to get the 2 piece pvp. True? and if so what 2 pieces would be the best to get?Craze2 Nov 6, 2012
Nov 6, 2012 Ele or Enh? MoP I've kinda been wondering whether I should be Ele or Enh. I have the full BoA for Ele but at 70 I could easily become Enh with the PvP gear. I know that I wanna stay Resto so if I was Ele would that make it any easier because gear wouldn't change a whole lot? I don't like carrying around another set of gear in my bags for OS. It just gets annoying. So what do you guys think? Ele or Enh? Thanks in advance, ZyranisZyranis10 Nov 6, 2012
Nov 6, 2012 Help with Resto PvP lol I seem to OOM pretty fast in PvP. I tend to keep water shield on myself whenever I'm not getting attacked hard enough by something to warrant switching to ES. - Should I be using Unleash Elements with Riptide? Or should I use Unleash Elements with riptide if not a lot of damage is going out, and UE GHW if there is? - Will stacking crit and using Surge always in the place of GHW be beneficial for my mana?Rokajesh2 Nov 6, 2012
Nov 6, 2012 Relic of Yu'lon I have the serpent deck and am debating between turning it in for the trinket and selling it. Does anyone have any experience with it? I usually heal but can keep searing down and flame shock up - would that be enough to get the proc enough for it to be worth it? I am feeling good about mana regen so am not so excited about the Relic of Chi Ji from the crane deck. Thanks for any input!Nichaela6 Nov 6, 2012
Nov 6, 2012 Zorlok + Ascendance + MC Literally 1 shot the tank. GGWolfeh2 Nov 6, 2012
Nov 6, 2012 Enhance pvp Mobility Suggestion If Unleashed Fury Frost Brand Buff on Unleashed Elements were to remove snares for the 4 second speed boost this would help us out so much to be playable in the arena, potentially even able to swap and be viable with various comps. Please Blizzard consider this....just remove snares not roots. Im feeling like our mobility in pvp extremely hamstrings us. Pulling swaps as enhance relies completely on the other team being in a poor position. Almost every fight the enhance is the train target because we have zero outs as well. There needs to be some kind of compensation. At the moment a warrior is relatively unkillable and free to go where he pleases. Free to over extend and basically do freely what he wills. He has heroic leap/charges/intervenes to get wherever he needs. Yes I could sacrifice my frost shock nova for a totem that gives me 6 seconds of freedom every MINUTE?? I just feel we need a slight mobility tweek and the class will be wonderfull. We have no shot of catching a feral who is basically Unstoppable at all times? How is this balance?Ensayne15 Nov 6, 2012
Nov 6, 2012 Leveling I'm deciding my next toon to lvl it's either going to be a Shaman or Druid. I've gotten her to about lvl 26 but it has been very boring so far. I've switched over to Enhancement to be more involved in Melee but i still only have so many things to do. Just when i thought i was getting another attack (Storm Strike) It actually just replaced Primal Strike, that was a huge let down. The class seems to be based upon weapon buffs and auto attacking... Please say i'm not seeing something here. Is Elemental any better?Frailina3 Nov 6, 2012
Nov 6, 2012 Elemental in PvP[Take a look please] As the first weeks of pvp went by, i felt plenty of frustation, but i trucked through it. Worked out a lot of the kinks and mistakes on my part and came to several conclusions on elemental and it's current state in pvp Lets start with the positives, I think we currently are doing pretty well in arena, our damage is fine, our utility is fine, our control is so-so. Our real issue comes with surviving, more specifically the fact that we lack many real defensives Our first tier of talent consists of Stone bulwark totem, Nature's guardian, Astral shift SBT:Its a 36k absorb(With my current gear) Followed by the constant ticks, the problem is that the 36k is very lackluster and it's that way because of the ticks that come after, issue is that those ticks rarely go through due to tremor/earthgrab being used so often. My solution? Make the absord a 1 time thing and lower the CD. Or keep it the way it is and make it baseline Astral shift: It's an awful talent, 2 minute CD for a 6 second 40% damage reduction? The duration needs to be extended, or the CD reduced. Or what i would prefer is to add an interruption immunity to the effect. Nature's guardian: I think this is fine, and it's currently what i resort to using the most. The other major issues i've encountered is Lightning bolt/CL being on the same tree as our heals, that simply need's to be changed, no way around that. Talents vs baselines. A good chunk of our talents are things that should be baseline, more specifically our first tier of talents as i've already mentioned, but much more importantly our last tier. You say you implented these talents because you wanted to rid arenas of cookie cutter builds, but the way shamans talents currently work(For ele) We end up being glued to certain talents. Elemental blast is basically 100% for elemental. If this spell were to be baseline(Like it should) It would open up a slot for that tier, more importantly it would allow ele to spec differently in that tier. For example i would love to take Primal elementalist as it would open up another defensive CD in the form of earth elemental. Totemic projections is a talent i've long awaited for shammy, and again it's not something that should be talented. It doesn't make since, considering how crucial it is specially when talking about capacitator. I would also like to see an alternative use to our reverbation stacks from lightning shield. Possibly a defensive use in the form of frost shock? These are just some of the pints i wanted to make, any input is appreciated.Llamapunch0 Nov 6, 2012
Nov 6, 2012 quick question about shaman healing Do yo chain heal hang low Do it bounce to and fro Do you cast it on the tank Do you cast it on the rogue Do you use riptide first To give it sum mo burst Do yo chain heal Hang LowPutmyhælzinu2 Nov 6, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Sell me on an alliance alliance race. Sooo im going to swap this guy to alliance after I hit 90. My only problem is I love all three alliance shaman races from a cosmetic standpoint. I need help deciding! Should I go drunk dwarf? Fluffy panda? Or giant blueberry?Trom10 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Elemental Shamans Hi, i just rerolled from my rogue ( because it sucks now) and im a bit worried with this toon. Please, be gentle and answer those following questions :D 1) Do Ele Shamans have capability to be TOP DPS in a raid situation? If you consider same gear against any class, can we outplay someone and get higher dps? 2) How are shamans pvpwise? Is only resto viable? 3) How hard is for a elemental shaman, to be a "off healer" and use all ( or most ) of your gear for your resto off spec? 4) What is the dps difference for a elemental shaman , between primal elementalist and elemental blast? I know the rotation is simplified with primal elementalist but what about the dps? Edit: 5) How good is Inscription and Alchemy for an elemental shaman? ThanksLöcky15 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Enhancement PVP Shield???? In the past I've used a PVP Shield w/ resilience to sword and board during heavy melee damage in pvp. It's not a super common macro I use, but I really like it for rogue and feral openers and a few other situations. Anyways, Enhancement shamans can no longer purchase shield w/ strength on them. It's not a super big deal, but even sword and boarded I can still do a decent amount of damage so the strength shields were always a good pick-up for me. Is it intended that we can't buy those shield anymore? Cuz the intellect and spirit shields just aren't good at all for this purpose. And before the trolls feed on me YES... I know agility in enhancements stat, but we still get a larger benefit from strength than say the caster shield alternative.Zewsty8 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 hey im looking for High rated ele shaman hey im looking for High rated ele shaman. I just hit 90 with my shaman. I dont know which spec or gear is best for me.Scar3 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Leveling spec/talents? Hows it going, wondering which spec and talents is best to pick up at level 73? Thank you.Bitzi0 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Resto pvp Stat Priority I am not sure what to reforge to, every website i go to says a different thing. So, what should i reforge to, crit, haste or mastery.Mortz3 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Resto sham in progress, what to do next? If anyone has free time and could click on my character, I'm still getting gearing but I'm wondering about my stats. I'm not sure what to reforge/gem into (and I still need enchants) seems my haste is past the first breakpoint, my mastery is near 50%, more spirit? more Int? I'd be thankful for any advice!Rockmshockm2 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Need Transmog help So I had an idea to make a "holy" shaman and was looking for a transmog set to convey that. I saw that Cyclone and Skyshatter looked pretty "holy"-ish but it seems like the only way to get those is with raids and I doubt my guild will start raiding those areas just because I want tokens for transmog armor. Is there any other set or chest/kilt that's either light blue, white, or gold?Agabus15 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 am i missing something or I know i am only level 25 but when i am in a dungeon i hit my fire shock lighting bolt then hit earth shock untill my fire shock dot is off then hit that again. feels like i am missing more spells but i look in my spellbook and these are really the only spells i got that are range. does it get better where i have more spells or is that it? oh yea i drop my fire totem as wellSleepybone4 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Is enhance just broken in MoP? In Cata my sort of default main (have nine 85s) was a enhancement shaman and I did really good DPS. I had a lot of utility, good self heals and some OK group heals to help out during high damage phases. Heck, even when I didn't feel like raiding my guild would often try to convince me to come along just because my damage was so good. So, MoP comes out and I level my shaman to 90. It was fairly rough, but I made it. I figured I was doing good DPS. I had no way to tell. Stuff was dying. I was completing quests. All that mattered. Then I started leveling my demo lock and, oh my god, I realized that either locks were OP or my shaman was broken. My shaman has trouble even planting her crops due to how tough the fights are with vermin and birds that spawn. My lock, I open all the occupied soils at once and burn them all down. No problem. Tillers dailies on skyrange, my shaman has to be super careful. She's often had to jump off the ledge and use her engineering glider to escape dying to monkeys. My lock, I just wade into monkeyville and lay waste to everything. So often things happen on my lock and I think, "Thank goodness I was on my lock. That would have killed my shaman." Just to test things out some more, I started leveling this alt. I might be in ret at the moment but I've been leveling prot. It's been super easy and just as fast as my shaman. Did a bit of questing on my DK. My DK, I just look at MoP mobs and they die. Did some questing on my balance druid. A bit rough, but it still felt like I was doing a bit more damage and had more survivablity than my shaman. I mean, keep in mind, I was really good at playing my shaman. And I understand the new mechanics. But now every fight feels like an 'oh crap' moment and I have to blow every cooldown every time I can. Playing my shaman now, every fight just feels like a frantic effort to stay alive. Meanwhile, playing my other characters I feel like I'm just kicking a lot of backside. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, what did you do to get back to unbroken? As for me, currently my shaman just grows crops and that's it. My lock is now basically my main.Pumpkin15 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 PvPpower>Agility for ENh shammys? So whats everyones outlook on pvp power vs agility?Shockedya0 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 I miss Cleansing Totem It could be brought back as a foil to Mass Dispel. hmm, can I use that word that way?Brans4 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 To glyph or not to glyph Riptide? So in cata i was pretty used to the rotation of Riptide>2-3 (Heals)...repeat is glyphing riptide beneficial? the only way i see it being beneficial is in raids where you have to spread out...or always having your chain heal buffed all the time is that about the summary of it being glyphed?Suijin5 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 very sad about ele pvp i just want the days when in wotlk when i could take on 2-3 opponents at a time...i would just be able to heal through their damage...pve elemental is amazing but pvp now...it's just terrible. were we OP in wotlk? because i remember being unbeatable :/Teepeez6 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Still looking for working mount macro /w GW I have used the same macro /w the f,g, vars most everyone uses witch used to work *perfectly* since mop? or slightly after tho now the last resort mount of ghostwolf/indoors no longer works? did they break this on purpose or does anyone have a different macro that can do the same function. Essentialy if outdoors use flying mount if zone is not flyable use ground mount and if both of those fail go wolf.Wórganfreemn5 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 How are Shamans doing? I'm considering leveling a Shaman for Pvp because the class has always interested me. What specs are doing good at the moment? Which aren't?Kreigar7 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 5, 2012 Quick 2v2 question Should be hitting 90 tonight and was curious what would be a good 2v2 partner for a resto shaman. I'm gearing resto first before Enh which would be more effective for 2v2 but I prefer resto. Was thinking feral/lock/warrior. Arena Junkies boards are dead and so is skillcapped so any advice?Tikitavie4 Nov 5, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Sentry Totem 165: Oppa Shaman Style! ... Jade Forest. Zzzz. Kun'Lai Summit inc prob later today. Even more zzzz.Figuratives500 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Enhancement - Very Good, But Very Broken Well, I have been trying to get more into RBG's and enhance is my only spec. Don't like ele, don't like resto. The reason for the title is that enhance is SO GOOD for arenas, 2's 3's 5's 1337's, whatever you play there good for arenas. But for RBG's they are flat out !@#. And it's disappointing because after looking at the enhancement aspects I feel like they never will be. I don't know what blizzard could do to make them better at RBG's. One thing I do wish they would add back in or something like it. Is a stun, we use to have it with ghost wolf's but now all we have is that dumb totem with 5 HP and easily 1 shottable. If anyone disagrees with my comment about enhance being bad for RBG's please let me know, I want to know what you do also. This post is mostly towards people deciding whether or not to go enhancementMirality9 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 [PvP] Elemental Shaman Changes Needed Some things I like: Ascendance*(a lot of caveats with this) Instant Lava Surge procs The 2/4 set bonus Glyphs of TC/Purge/Capacitor Totem The choice of doing some burst (Elemental Mastery), some sustained damage (Echo of Elements), or having an instant hex, heal, or Elemental Blast (Ancestral Swiftness) The totem tier Some things I don’t like: Ascendance (*here is the caveat): even if the devs were to make the spell animation more subtle we would still be too susceptible to CC Lighting Bolt damage Astral Shift Lava Burst (but probably not for the reason you think) All in all, I don’t believe we’re too far off from where we need to be but I think some things need to change, here are some suggestions: 1. NPC Ascendents are classified as ‘elemental’ but we’re not. Yes, yes I know, it opens us up to Bind Elemental and other similar cc but I’m not done yet, so just bear with me, 2. While in Ascendant form we are immune to stuns, 3. Astral Shift usable while stunned BUT does not break the stun, increased from 6 secs to 8 secs, 4. Lava Burst always crits regardless of Flame Shock on the target, but deals 5% less damage. 5. Increase Lightning Bolt damage. Wait a second…What? Lava Burst always crits? That’s insane!!! Au contraire, mon ami. 1. Lava Burst is not the scary beast it once was in WotLK 2. No Flame Shock means no instant Lava Surge procs a. No Lava Surge procs means we have to cast Lava Burst which opens us up to silences and interrupts So what’s the point? 1. It provides a form of dispel protection 2. Gives us the opportunity to use Frost Shock without removing the shared shock cd (much beloved by the devs and much maligned by the players) Just in case its tempting for PvE elemental shamans to forego Flame Shock (even though they’d be losing Lava Burst damage and Lava Surge procs) increase the damage of Flame Shock and/or increase slightly the chance for Lava Surge procs, or whatever is necessary in general to prevent it from happening. As an aside, 4 might sound familiar because it actually existed in the form of a glyph during the beta. My feeling is that it was scrapped because, the talent, Unleashed Fury caused our Lava Burst to do 25% more damage. The devs removed the damage from Lava Burst but did not re-implement the glyph. However, I think there are enough drawbacks to 4 without having to implement it as a glyph. And there are any number of ways to make this happen without it affecting PvE. Here’s a quote from MMO-Champion that I think sums up nicely where I think we should be: “We should be either difficult for most classes to kill 1v1 and able to hold our own for a bit in a 1v2/1v3, or we should have enough burst that if you don't lock down the Elemental Shaman, you die. Not both, of course.”-Endus, shaman moderator @mmo-champion.com I think these changes could put us in that position. Feel free to post your own thoughts and suggestions but please no flame wars, trolling, or conspiracy theories about how the devs hate shamans. In other words, be constructive.Mspiggie20 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Tauren or Pandaren Shaman? I've been trying to figure out which race I want for my shammy and I've lowered it down to tauren and pandaren. I like tauren cuz they look epic in all gear from 1-90 and I like pandaren because..well...extra food buff, longer resting, and a fluffy bear. Plus /sleep. So which one should I roll? Thanks in advance, ZyranisZyranis5 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Resto shaman pve So what are u other resto shamans doing out there for stat priority. I keep seeing different stat priorities on sites like noxxic and icy veins. As of right now I have haste a lil above the break point and then I'm reforging all extra haste and crit into mastery. But on noxxic it says to only take mastery to 50%. Does it become less effective than crit after 50%.Madeinchína8 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 The sickly gazelle? Elemental shaman are and have been, for a long time, relatively squishy targets and everyone knows it. Doing random battlegrounds nowadays I notice that enemy players seem to prefer focusing on me over any other player, except for a weaker elemental shaman. Does anyone else notice themselves being a target of opportunity without exception? And what strategies or playstyles do you use to survive? I find myself not even dealing damage most of the time and just self/off healing. I toss a healing rain at my feet, flame shock and lava burst then i start spamming healing surge and wait for my teammates to get the job done. I kite as needed, distribute capacitor, hex, and earthroot, and throw out a lava burst when I can to get clearcasting. Often times I end up just throwing a flame shock, knowing that i'll get the attention of most of the enemy players around and then flee back to the safety of friendly lines to heal up. It's mad boring and really sucks compared to how I could play in other expansion (especially classic) and how I can play my other toons but it's effective by getting the enemy to look at me while my teammates kill them. They'll even chase me around for minutes hoping for a quick kill instead of going after flags/nodes. Other than just playing with healers, I think that some developer end changes that could improve the quality of elemental pvp life are: 1. The return of the original astral shift (damage reduction while stunned/silenced/feared) 2. capacitor totem stun activating on 2nd click w/ gcd in addition to the countdown (via changing the glyph) 3. Grounding totem ignoring trivial spells and instead grounding only major spells via a glyph: would ground strangulate, polymorph, fear, and hammer of justice but not howling blast, frostbolt, immolate, or judgement. 4. Weapon imbues being off the gcd with the unleashed fury talent- lets you make use of them when you need them, not a gcd later with a gcd to recover. 5. alternatively, frostbrand weapon and rockbiter weapon having a small spellpower bonus so that you can use and unleash them statically without being at a 5% damage disadvantage. I wouldnt say that any or all of these are necessary, but I think they could improve elemental shaman performance in casual pvp significantly.Goblite3 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 I used to get excited for patch notes. Now I don't cause I know there's going to be nothing related to Shamans.Blahzor10 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Am I missing something with totems? When I drop a totem, I can't see any place on the UI that shows it's up, so when it expires, and it's out of view, I don't know. Is there any way to turn this on, so you can see what totems are up, as you could before MoP? Maybe an addon, even?Xeraphaxe2 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 1 small idea So the last tier of talents for resto shaman are eh, but I'm not here to complainski. I was merely here to give a small suggestion and see what other resto shaman think of it. So for Primal Elementalist, I like the idea, but I hate having to have this channeling spell and an elemental all clunky around me. Could it not be possible to go with a warlock sacrifice type thing? So instead of having them channel for however long they do, could we just sacrifice and have the buff just stay on us for the duration it would normally? I mean, it gives us a bit more mobility, although I dont even know for sure if the channel has a min distance ( i assume that its 40 yds like the totem). All I'm saying is its kind of annoying, not even for the mechanic, but just because once you start channeling the elemental becomes a useless graphic in already graphic heavy encounters. ps. not saying this game is heavy on the hardware, but you cant deny the amount of flashies that we have going in these raids, and the number just keeps getting higher.Donpedro0 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 What i would like to see Totem projection base line replace talent with a passive that makes all newly dropped totems immune to damage for 4 sec, or a shield or something.Zyzx1 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Best pvp spec these days? Kinda unsure what shammy spec is doing the best in pvp atm. Hmm?Sundarella13 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 tips for onyxia 10 solo Is anyone soloing onyxia 10? I've been doing it on a couple characters now and am potentially going to level the shaman next. The plan is: -Enhancement should be the better spec for soling: no pushback from casting, better parry chance?, better self healing through MW and ghost wolves, extra DR through shamanistic rage -Ascendance should make my attacks ranged to get through air phase fast I'm slightly worried about the big mass spawn of whelps when phase 2 starts, maybe this would be the best time for earth elemental? They buffed the voidwalker into a very good tank for locks, have they improved the elementals at all? Any tips for lvl 90 talent I'd like to hear even just a yes or no from anyone who's done it before, so I know whether it's worth trying out yet or wait for better gear to become available.Sineval9 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Hey Shamans! I'm so bad at PvP as elemental that a level 88 mage casually dispatched me, never in anything remotely resembling danger himself. Clearly, if there is a thing to know about "how to play", I haven't got it. So... what the hell am I supposed to do in PvP, anyway?Rakha2 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Race Changing - Ele need help Hey guys, does anybody know what are the gains and non gains of switching from orc, to Panda or Troll?Vercus4 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 enhance :double rockbiter sup guys just throwing in my 2 cents and letting u know ive swapped to double rockbiter on 2 extra weapons and enchanting collosus on both of them. the absorbs stack i tested it and will let u know how it goes in arena. please leave any comments or better strats u may have thanks ahead of timeRaafiki20 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Shaman Flawed Mechanics + Bugs in PvP Hi all, this thread is basically about exposing some of the shamans flawed mechanics and current bugs in the game that really harm the class. I will make a list of these ranging from outdated mechanics and outright bugs. 1. Primal Elementalist - A promising talent but hindered by flawed mechanics. This talent is simply outdated. Basically this talent should remove the "totem" component for the earth and fire elementals and become a pet outright for its duration. Having these powerful pets tied into a weak and easily killed totem defeats the purpose of empowered elemental pets and is flawed in the pvp environment. The best example i can use is dropping an earth elemental and in return be unable to use key earth totems like earthgrab or tremor totem without dismissing the earth elemental. 2. Tremor and Fire Elemental bug. Currently when an AoE fear takes place your Tremor Totem does not remove the fear from the Fire Elemental and in many cases causes your Fire Elemental to flee so far that it gets dismissed. This could be working as intended but i doubt it and Tremor Totem should remove the Fire Elementals fear. 3. Astral Shift is a powerful defensive cool down but severely flawed in the pvp environment. First off this talent needs to be usable while stunned. Having to trinket and use this CD to mitigate damage is like making a druid have to trinket to use barkskin. Lastly this ability needs a longer duration or a shorter cooldown. Many offensive cooldowns have upwards of a 15 second duration or are on a short CD. To fix this ability i suggest lowering the CD to 1 minute, lowering its effectiveness by 10% and increasing its duration to 10 seconds. 4. Glyph Options (mainly for elemental) - The glyph system, now more compacted gives little to no choice for elemental shamans. Ghostwolf Glyph is a mandatory glyph to have any sort of mobility. I would argue that Glyph of Unleashed Lightning, (or casting lightning bolt on the move) while not "mandatory" basically changes the way u can play the spec. Without this glyph Elemental becomes once again a stationary turret incapable of dealing any mobile damage. These two glyphs should be made baseline for elemental shamans and i would argue that Glyph of Ghostwolf should just be incorporated into the spell for ALL shaman specs. 5. Capacitor Totem - For the first couple weeks this totem was amazing. I think for most shamans having a stun was a much needed boost for our lack of control. However now that most good players and teams are aware of this totem its an easy ability to kill or avoid and has become sort of a gimmick. I would make a few suggestions to improve this ability. First increase this totems effective diameter by 5 yds. Second i would suggest raising its hit points to a number that doesnt make it 1 shottable by auto attacks wand hits or any similar low dmg spell. 6. Stone Bulwark Totem - This totem needs some serious attention. Not only is this talent super weak in a pvp environment it has a long cooldown for its effectiveness. Many classes in MoP have absorb shields that are FAR superior to ours and relative to their efectiveness have a shorter CD. For instant Warlocks Pet Sac bubble is something like 200k dmg on a 1 minute CD. Mages barrier while its being nerfed will still absorb much more dmg on a 30 sec CD. Paladins Sacred shield ability which is exactly the same mechanic as bulwark is a spammable application spell. These are just some examples of fat better absorb shields with shorter cds or more effectiveness. 7. Earthquake - This spell has just been a complete disappointment since its inception. Long cast time, huge mana cost, little to no effectiveness. It needs a buff in the form of reducing its cast time and increasing its effectiveness. I would suggest making it instant cast, increase its knockdown rate to 100% but decrease its duration to 3 or 5 seconds. Well thats it for now i might think of more things laterStaticpulse7 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 I can't raid because I can't do 40k DPS... I'm not sure what I can do. I've gotten unlucky with drops, I know I could get a better weapon and such... Every time I do raid finder or Sha, I get nothing. I'm working hard, I have all the rings and trinkets from the holidays, Valor pants, crafted chest and gloves, the best gems and enchants... The best I can seem to do on the training dummy is 33k. I put my flameshock up, then lavaburst. Then I lightningbolt til I get to 7 and earthshock. I keep my searing totem down, and cast Ascendance when it comes around. Is there anything else I can do to up my DPS? Or do shamans just not do DPS as good as Warlocks and Rogues? I'm trying to level engineering so I can build a helmet and springs, then I'll try to level jewelcrafting, but that'll be hell since I won't be able to mine anymore...Vonica3 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Trinkets? Zen Alchemist Stone or Mithril WristwatchDeath6 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Marks hunter Needs Help!! I am having the hardest time With resto shammans in 2's. I have no problem with enhance or ele, ( frankly I think enhance is fairly underwhelming tbh with ele not much better ). So i ask of you any tips for killing resto shammans? I just have such a hard time killing any one on the team and btw I hate ascendance, -.- I cry every time i see in on global reverting all my dmg lol. I'll take any thing it's apparent I don't no how to properly fight against them and im an eager student oh great shammans. thank you all for your time -EillaEilla0 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Ghost Wolf Anyone else getting a bug with GW that interupts your cast if you start in GW? Including Mounts?Thundahstahm4 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 Ench vs shamans We are supposed to counter them, everyone i ask sais spam purge in ur down time but that isnt enough, that frozen orb, and mirrior images, im dead by the time i get through it. Anyone know how to deal with those slows? we have the worst mobility..Rubmytotem13 Nov 4, 2012
Nov 4, 2012 so is it worth playing enhancement yet? serious question, this used to be my main in wrath (resto/enh) until I got tired of low dps and bored of healing I've really missed playing enhance though, it's by far the most fun melee in the game aside from actual numbers also what happened to the talent that just gave a bunch of expertise? I'm so far under cap now ;_;Goratorium6 Nov 4, 2012