Shaman

Nov 28, 2012 What's changed PvE for Shaman's? I'm positive the totem dispell problem is mainly from a PvP point of view. But no one has mentioned if PvE was affected. From what I've noticed so far, it hasn't changed at all. I mostly PvE, but I can imagine the frustration for PvP players. Hang in there!Stormrise3 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Now that 5.1 is live... Since you all know by now that all our totems are considered spells, should unleashed elements boost our fire totems? I tested it out and the searing totem doesnt concume the buff. So the least GC can do is do that little "buff" for us right. Also unleash elemnts may become of some use when combined with searing totem for what i want to see the fire elemental. :PPylön6 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Just rerolled to a shaman I have been power leveling this guy through dungeons and everything to get him to max level as fast as I possibly can. I'm hearing a ton of QQ about the totems, I don't think this really effects me so much, I don't know, I was thinking of going Druid, that I've had for 4 years, but I think I'm going to stick it out with shaman to be honest. I have enjoyed every second on him and we just need to learn how to adapt, and I know people will. I have a quick question though, I've been resto and I can't quite choose an OS, any suggestions? I was thinking enhancement. And how is healing at 90 in pvp for shaman? I mostly do 3's, random and rated bg's. This'll be my first time leveling a shaman -long live shamanEverflowing15 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Nerfing totems and GC's illogical reasoning So when GC was asked via Twitter why totems were being put in the nature school, his response was simply asking whether players ever see enhancement shaman and elemental shaman being silenced. My question for GC is this: how often do resto shamans use nature spells as compared to elemental and enhancement shaman? Think about it - unless the resto shaman is throwing around frost/flame shocks and lava bursts, they're healing. ALL heals are nature spells. Elemental shamans get a better use of fire spells and - on that note - fire totems, which are situationally useful at best for resto shamans. Enhancement shaman are a hybrid melee class. Silencing them SHOULD be a a misstep. Their nature spells aren't cast nearly as often as the other two specs. Basically, GC, what you're saying is "People don't use CC enough on elemental and enhancement shaman, so we're going to implement these changes to make all 3 specs less effective." Can you explain what the devs think makes the shaman class so overpowered as to warrant this change?Berzerka29 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Ghost Wolf Problems Sorry if this seems a little odd, but is anyone having problems with Ghost Wolf and casting? Currently, for me, when I'm in Ghost Wolf, and I want to cast something (Mount, Spell, Hearthstone, anything) it gets interrupted mid-cast because of the shifting out of the Ghost Wolf form. Is this happening to anybody else? Perhaps it has something to do with the Ghost Wolf glyph: Lakestrider, but I'm not too sure. Thanks for your feedback!Toughhorn4 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Lakestrider Glyph Bug This bug seems to have been fixed, even though it wasn't in the patch notes.Kwuan3 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Ancestral Swiftness Has it always been 1.5min cd or did that get stealth nerfed?Spellcheck4 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 anyone else feel like deleting their Shaman Shaman is getting worse and worse; especially Elemental shaman - Survivability just hits a new low. Now that all melee class can either jump/leap or become immune to slow/snare, it becomes impossible for shaman to keep range from them. And with all the interrupt and stun they have; which already was difficult enough to stay alive, now it is almost impossible with this totem nerf. While shaman against other caster class; shaman is pretty much dead if their HP is below 60% and then being Silenced! Hope blizz going to fix this imbalanced soon; Elemental shaman need something like mage's blink or warlock's portal 'cause thunderstorm only works half of the time(depend on the terrain).Kizs3 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Healing stream totem as resto in pvp? Do you use Healing Stream Totem as Resto in pvp? Seems like a huge mana hog (almost as much mana to cast as a greater healing wave) and heals for barely more than a healing wave spread out over 15 seconds. Only bonus i can think of for it since you can't use it while locked out/silenced anymore is that it's brainless healing. Helps keep whoever is taking damage up regardless of what else you are doing be it kiting or healing someone else or whatever. Any experienced resto shaman care to comment?Bipst2 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 5.1 MoP Shaman Nerfs All totems are now considered spells, and summoning totems can be prevented by silencing effects. Searing Totem, Magma Totem, and Fire Elemental totems fall into the Fire school, while all other totems fall under the Nature school. I honestly do not know why this change was implented. This is the silliest change i've seen in a long time considering shamans are not overpowered at all this patch. I believe this nerf was aimed at restoration shamans, but it's going to kill enhancement and elemental aswell. Elemental has no survivability at all and this needs to be changed. Shadow priests currently have -Double our healing -Power word shield -Spectral guise -Dispersion -Phantasm -Easier ways to regain mana (Shadow fiend / Hymn of Hope) -Double the CC of an elemental shaman. -Equal damage to an elemental shaman. This needs to be changed. Elemental's heals are at about where they should be in my honest opinion, and where shadows should be. The healing should not be nerfed in any way what so ever considering elementals low amounts of survivability. Elemental NEEDS something similar to dispersion to be competitive. We are easily trained and have no cooldowns to survive other then either Nature's Guardian, Stone Bulwark or Astral Shift, all very weak abilities. The new changes to the class will make this 100x worse not being able to capacitor while interrupted/silenced, not being able to grounding to prevent huge incoming damage that we have no defensives to soak with, Not being able to healing tide to actually have a chance at living and this is honestly not good enough. These nerfs will also affect enhancement in a great way. Enhancement shamans are in a fairly balanced position at the moment in my honest opinion. Decent survivability, nice burst and decent sustained damage. The nerfs will ruin this perfect setup the way it is. I honestly think that these nerfs are aimed at restoration because they are the top teir healers at the moment and they have no reason to nerf either elemental or enhancement because neither are as crazy as demo locks, mages, bm hunters, warriors, etc. I would even say elemental is underpowered. But if blizzard are looking to nerf resto, this is the worst way they could possibley do it. Restoration even has poor survivabiity. If you're going to nerf restoration shamans, do it in a way where it wont kill the other two specs. This is silly blizzard. Please re consider these changes before adding them into the game. These changes could possible ruin shamans.Glupglup41 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Dear Shamans, F. U. Seriously. Go away. We don't like you. Signed, Blizzard.Zhaadow7 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 4pc Teir still working? Last Teir (13 was it?) the resto 4 pc was if you used SWG you had 30% haste buff. I've been switching out gear to take advantage of it before certain pulls as elemental. but since this patch today , it's not working.. Did they take that away ? I'm doing NOTHING different. I simply have a 2 macros I hit before pull. 1st one does /equipset resto and /cast swg 2nd one simply equips ele set back. Now it's not working.. Working for everyone else ?Quallanz8 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 I'm rerolling with some BOA GEAR anyone else?...Voltkist0 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 What's up with elemental PvP burst? Copying my post from another thread. If you look at vanilla, our spells hit very hard and chain lightning was our big burst spell. This remained the same in TBC. In Wotlk we got lava burst and that became our big burst spell with chain lightning being nerfed. I didn't really play cata but I'm guessing it was about the same as Wotlk with less damage across the board. Now we're in MoP and our burst is gone. Lava burst hits like a total joke - 28-35k average crits in pvp, while mages crit me for literally 3 times that with pyroblast, ice bomb, etc. Yes we got elemental blast but it barely crits for 50k, which is once again only about half of the damage mages, locks, and other classes are able to burst with. So our survivability and healing are still bad (as they have always been) but now our burst is gone as well. Of course because we have fast cast times and 2 ways to "copy" our spells, I'm not proposing that we need to hit as hard as other casters. But to be critting for 1/3 or 1/2 of their damage is pathetic and completely takes away the only strength of ele in PvP.Kerht1 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Elemental PvP: Constructive Feedback First and foremost, this is not a QQ thread. Trolls be gone. Now we've gotten that out of the way lets get down to it, so MoP arenas and Rated Battlegrounds have been out for approximately 3 weeks, and during this time I've been actively playing arena's and Rated Battleground, and from where we were in cataclysm and were we are now I'm very much happy with MOST of the changes. One of the things I think that have been addressed but not enough is our defenses, (Yes the HOT topic on the shaman forums by the looks of it) basically I don't think we got as much utility in the defense department as I hoped, and by defenses I specifically mean someway of being able to TAKE (not avoid) a hit I.E (Dispersion, Dark Bargain) now this wouldn't be as much of a problem if the other classes didn't have a high amount of burst and/or a variety of utility available to them. But that's not that case, the way it stands now is that Elemental shamans are very susceptible to being killed easier than any other DPS class, and that we rely too much on our team mates to help us out, again this maybe to other classes being too "bursty" or the lack of defenses brought to the table by Elemental Shamans. And an example to that would be a handful of 20seconds - 1minute matches being played in 3's from my perspective. Now that I've laid that all out the biggest problem (In my opinion), what can be done to fix it? Or why hasn't something already been done to fix it? Is it because there are ways that these changes may affect PvE or make the other two specs too powerful? Well since we all know Blizzard reads these threads we can come to provide a possible solution to this. Possibly adding a spell to the Elemental specialization that only benefits Elemental's and at the same time doesn't affect PvE too much. Since Blizzard has already got 5.1 on PTR why not add something that would contribute to fixing this issue and see how it pans out (Sounds too simple I know). But that's why we have Blue posters here, and if I'm lucky enough that this gets read, how would this issue be likely to be solved and why wasn't it solved with the release of the expansion, With the addition of the first tier talents you took away our Stone Claw shield which was a baseline, and gave us three options so you didn't really add anything you just took away 1 and gave us 3 took choose from. Again either 1 of these talents isn't enough to keep up with the damage classes can dish out right now, and the way it is right now is I usually get rushed in a 3's match and my team mates and I have to go out of our way trying to survive with almost no space for mistakes to be mad or we lose the match. Now most classes they can just use any major cd's they've got when the opposing teams have had their cool down's up (Again, Dispersion, Dark bargain, Ice block). Now judging from all the other threads made specifically about this topic, I'm gonna go ahead and assume I'm not the only one feeling this way. And so far I haven't seen any changes on patch notes for 5.1 and with me trying to be optimistic, hoping that Blizzard are saving the best for last with the shaman changes and trying to be careful with them so that it has little impact on any other aspects of the game. But even though everything I stated above is true, I still think it needs to become aware to Blizzard how the majority of us feel about this issue. So the more attention we get on this thread the better. Well that's all I've got to say for now. Thank you all for taking the time to read this. And now we patiently wait for the Blue's to arrive.Shockinc15 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Restoration Professions Advice To any long-time, experienced shamans: I'm returning to the world after a fairly extensive absence and I need some advice about professions. Now I understand that when it really comes down to it, there is no "best" profession for any class and all are in some way beneficial. I'm aware of this, my question is more in how related my professions are to each other and if that would make a difference. I was considering Alc and Herb just because it makes sense for a healing spec, but then I thought maybe not have a gathering prof. at all and go with something like Leatherworking and JC. Im trying to stay away from the usual Skinning/Leatherworking and more for something more obscure. P.S. Focused mainly on PvE Opinions? Advice?Pandashams6 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Resto Shaman 4 piece Was the 4-piece always what it is since 5.1 without an updated tool-tip? Just curious what the philosophy behind the change was.Awsumpossum2 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 5.1 Shaman changes Ok so now all totems are considered spells and therefore being silenced means you can't do anything, well besides using a trinket. While this is crucial, can we at least have the ability back to be able to cast more than 1 totem at the same time? I find it extremely useless to first drop a grounding totem, THEN a bulwark stone totem. This is sort of a waste of time, we were able to cast them both together before, to guarantee survival by absorbing a spell and dmg or the other way around. If we are able to drop both of them at the same time, we can at least cast a heal after dropping them, which is a 2 step process, compared to a 3 step process by dropping a ground totem, then a bulwark, then healing. Btw by "While this is crucial"...I MEAN IT IS TOO CRUCIAL.Wætever0 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 FmL F this nerf F Resto shamans for this im not resto im the other 2 specs that dont need this nerf I hope mages enjoy being spoon feed this game along with some other classes Idk ......../wrist rant rant rant rant rant I hate you all rant rant rant.........Zankah0 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Gear upgrade advice So I was checking out the new NPC who can upgrade your gear and wondering if its worth it to spend my conquest on upgrading my weapons or just buying a new piece to replace one of my blues. Assuming the upgrade boost the stats by the same amount each time: Upgrading Mainhand X2 1500 Conquest points 198 Weapon Dps 32 Agi 48 Stam 12 Crit 22 Res 5 Exp Upgrading my cloak 1250 Conquest points 126 Agi 189 Stam 21 Res 21 PvP Power 90 Mastery Before the trolls come in, I'm not re-rolling. I've been enhance since BC. I lived through our interrupt being tied to earth shock. I can handle not being able to drop totems while silenced.Zevahcotineb1 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Totemic Restoration is also nerfed Just to rub salt in the wound. You cant destroy your own totems with a macro anymore. You can only click them to destroy them or use totemic recall to destroy all your totems (which is on the gcd).Bipst1 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 enhance pvp now yep we suck huge now. thanks for the nerf to totems dumb!@#$s. peaceShockedya0 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Should I even try to level up this toon Hi guys, after almost 3 years of being a bank alt I was planning on picking this guy up and start playing with him again. I stopped back in early Cata when my guild need a main tank and that is what I have been doing ever since. After reading the current patch notes I felt the nerf even on my Paladin tank (main healer in my guild is a restro). Is Enhanc. even doing decent DPS now? What about Ele? Any info would be appreciated.Bealros1 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Elemental tips? Is elemental dps really so low? I'm right around 50k-55k in my 10 man. I switched from enhancement for MoP (to bring the haste buff) and I'm still trying to get a handle on this spec. My spec/glyphs seem to be in order. I just feel like I shouldn't be 10k behind everyone else. Any thoughts or should I just work on my rotation more?Koristil7 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 BLIZZARD WONT LISTEN I'm not the best with an argue, so hopefully someone else feels my pain regarding Enh in arenas. Shamans have no good CC.(Druids, maybe 4? including pushbacks) The new totem bs is bs. Our off healing is horrible. HS needs buffed or one of our talents. Without ascendance there is no sufficient dmg. Last time enh was in 2200? never. ugh. Haters can reply now. I got my venting out.Razaka2 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Shaman totem nerf....really ghost crawler? Really dude, come on man. Let me level with you bro on a level that's not that of a butthurt enhancement shaman main, or the I PAY SO I WANT WHAT I WANT NAOW pov. Come sit with me ghosty, we shall speak of things. As a enhancement shaman from 1-90 on my main i've noticed many things done to us to i guess troll us? But i've just shrugged it off and relearned my class mechanics, over and over, every patch. But seriously dude do you even know what game you work on anymore? Enhancement shamans get silenced regularly in pvp, Now you've just made it pointless to take my shaman into bgs as anything but resto. and yeah...F that s man. I heal raids, not pvp. Seriously ghost, the way you are treating this whole scenario of not even giving a damn to what you did here is seriously insulting. I figured you were atleast a cool enough guy to have a reason to justify your nerfing us with this one. But to completely disrespect us and brush it off as if its not your problem isn't even funny man. Not even from a troll point of view. It's insulting that you don't give a damn. Atleast show us some respect and acknowledge our complaint with more than, does anybody really silence enhancement shamans?Sheno11 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Too Many Totems Last night I was teaching a guildie how to shaman properly when she complained that the class has too many totems to deal with. After laughing hysterically for about a minute, I decided to see if I had any screenshots showing my action bars from back in BC. For you veterans, please enjoy this bit of nostalgia. For you newer shaman, take this moment to appreciate just how good you have it these days. http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n134/BlkScorp/Warcraft/Screenshots/Totemania.jpgSharkon21 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 enhancement totems silence So silencing enhancemant is not a problem. Does over 50% of our damage come from Lava lash ( spell) ligning bolt proc from maelstrom weapon (spell) shocks ( spell) and over that we can be disarmed. So GL in arena with a rogue warrior, disarming you and a mage, DK, warrior priest paladin silencing you.. How are we suppose to hit some one...we dont even have an Oh crap bouton....Baalmoloch0 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Enhancement how bad are we really? I'm still gearing and I have always been average when it comes to PvP anyway. I am no pro, nor will I ever claim to be. Right now my PvP DPS is very low, but again my gear and lack of gems and no enchants are to blame. There is clearly a lot of post on this forum about Enhancement being bad in PvP this xpac. Looking at the PvP ladder shows few Enhancement Shaman's, but there are two doing really well. Shamguard from Tichondrius Lavarain from Illidan Now clearly there will always be people with a natural talent that will always be the exception. But I was wondering have either of these two players posted tip or advice anywhere? Perhaps their macros/keybindings. How are their bars laied out? What advice do they have when facing each class/spec It seems if there is some skilled players out there those who know them should see if they can help guide others to improve the image us Enhancement Shaman's have right now.Cemecian15 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 28, 2012 Ghostcrawler responses to Tweets While waiting for the patch to launched today, I decided to scroll through some of Ghostcrawler's responses. So far I found: Way to learn the shaman class Ghostcrawler. Silencing enhance blocks our interrupt and some major cd's! GC: yeah I know. But silencing an Enhance is like disarming a Mage. I'm sure it happens, but I dont see it often. - What's up with the totem nerfs coming in 5.1? I understand concerns for Resto shamans, but that really hurts Ele, and Enhance. GC: Do players really silence / interrupt Enhance often? Elemental... maybe.Shamadelic18 Nov 28, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Why is Ele Penalized when Locks Aren't? with the most recent patch : Kil'jaeden's Cunning now longer imposes a cast time penalty. If the #1 damaging class has had this penalty removed then why should elemental's suffer a 5% loss to the cast time of their LB due to glyph?Stonemason4 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Massive mana issues since 5.1 Anyone else noticing going OOM a quicker since 5.1? I am fully gemmed spirit and in all spirit gear and I'm going oom in seconds. Never happened before. Am I missing something...Whatevas1 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Shamans Time to reroll guise :D Bissard rly hayt us dat mush. Many intellijunt gaim dessingners.Slappedup0 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Best thing I've ever done is give up my Shaman. What was I thinking? I rerolled to Shaman in MoP from my Lock. I regret spending the first month of MoP as a Shaman especially when I found out that Shamans (except for Resto) have always received very little attention for the longest time. And here I was hoping some buffs to Ele/Enh. When I saw the 5.1 changes, I was not surprised at all. I've already rerolled back so I'm glad. I've had 0 trouble getting in an RBG group as a destro Lock. Just reroll guys if you have no intention of going Resto (speaking from the PvP perspective at least)Garadine10 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Returning shaman so I'm coming back as my shaman,dispite what ive been reading here. I am mostly a pve player and im debating weither or not enhance or elemental would be a good call in MoP (due to swaping to a paladin late Cata). And before anyone asks,I enjoy my shaman,I always seem to come back to them even if I'm playing various other toons.Rivios3 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Item Upgrade on 476 Garaj fist weapons? I currently have 1500 vp and am wondering if it's better for me to do a single upgrade on each fist weapon or a double upgrade on 1 fist weapon (pref my off-hand one for bigger LL's).Bisch0 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 shaman or dk enhancement or dual well frost for PvPNelisa4 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Ele Shamans - What items are you upgrading? What items are you upgrading first? I'm thinking Relic of Yu'lon would be the best choice.Fonzi2 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Do you ever top the meters? As an elemental/enhancement shaman, do you ever top the meters? If not, how big is the gap? I understand it's mostly dependent on player skill, but I'm just curious how everyone is doing in terms of dps in their raids.Aevellice13 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Movement speed on Unleash Elements? Does anyone know why my movement speed is spiking up for a few seconds every time I cast Unleash Elements? I was in the new daily area with 110% speed (controlled the oilfield) and when I UE I would jump up to 165%. I can't find anything about this in the notes or on my abilities, what am I missing?Garthul2 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Bug: Stopping Casting I am posting this in the Shaman section, because it is a problem that i occur the most when playing my shaman. Whenever I am trying to mount out of ghostwolf (With the glyph of lakestrider) it will begin to cast my mount, and then immediately cancel it, because the water walking buff fades. This is not exclusive to my shaman, this happens frequently with my rogue as well whenever sprint fades. Just thought this was a rather annoying hiccup that could be easily fixed!Examined7 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Totem nerf plz... How can you justify resto's OPness with regards to totem nerfs? Blizzard please, you !@#$ on resto you %^-* on us all. Just make spirit link totem not useable while silenced. thats the only real reason you're implementing this nerf. stop screwing the rest of the shaman spec's over and while you're at it, mind giving elemental's a defensive cooldown? HEY MAYBE GIVING BOTH ELE AND ENHANCE SHAMANISTIC RAGE? That seems pretty legit. Ohh and while you're at it, remove glyph of ghost wolf and glyph of capacitor totem, and make them both baseline. ghost wolf is a natural slow inhibitor move, why the hell do we need to glyph for it, not to mention a 5 second charge up time on a totem that can be literally 1 shoted with its pathetic 5 HP.Indust22 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Elemental shaman ideas I've gotten to 2400 with a elemental shaman this patch http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Novooz/simple all of our losses is from me getting blood fear and him getting deep frozen and instantly dieing that because of two reasons A) blood fear is completely overpowered, this is why you see majority of the ladders consisting of restoration shamans, they have a 30 second tremor totem ( you ask how) they have macros to destroy there own tremor totems after dropping it. Blood fear just is too good vs every other healer. The not being able to totem when silence was a good change but probably in the wrong direction, it indirectly nerfs enhancement and elemental. B) Chaos wave should never crit otherwise, demonology will be the best spec while try and get a chaos bolt off when you can just chaos wave C) making frost bomb take longer to blow up doesn't really nerf the damage when you have a impact glyph that instantly blows up your frost bomb, instead they should put a cool down on impact if you choose to pick up this glyph, otherwise you can just blood fear a healer deep a dps frost bomb and blow it up with a chaos wave and instantly kill something every time deep is up A good idea to increase the viability of elemental shamans to non rank 1 elemental shamans - give lighting shield a 2% damage reduction per charge up to a max of 15% - After thunder storming you gain a mini bark skin reducing all damage by 10% for 10 secondsVilye9 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Ele Blast for Ele Shaman's Elemental Blast is a hit or miss kinda of spell. As elemental its a spell that needs to be timed well. If you get locked on that cast your nature and fire tree is locked. I myself cast it very few times in arena's getting trained, and still have to watch myself when not being trained in case of spell locks and or counter spells. Once i do get it off, it hits poorly. It crit's very well but elemental lacks baseline crit. Haste/Mastery are best stats because of Lava burst being a guaranteed crit with Flame Shock up. Lighting Bolt is RARELY casted now a days, mainly for the lack of crit and the lack of damage is does. What i'm trying to say is, why not make Elemental Blast similar to Lava Burst with flame Shocks up. Meaning with Flame Shock up on a target is a guarantee's crit from Elemental Blast and Lava Burst.Indust5 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Shaman Changes 5.1 After reading the recent feedback article Zarhym linked earlier and in reguards to the popular thread http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004448292 about shaman changes I thought I'd share some constructive feedback about my take on this and hope someone reads it and at least takes it into consideration - ... First off, I don't see how this effects PvE at all so I'll leave that out of it. I'll be focusing on just how crippling this change in PvP really is. And this will mainly be coming from a resto prespective. Almost all shaman defensive/escape abilities are totem related. We use them for absorbing quick bursts (Stone Bulwark) stopping a spell (Grounding) getting out of fears (Tremor) rooting melee off of us (Earthgrab) -or if you spec into freedom totem for certain situations (Windwalk) to remove movement imparing effects. We now also have an aoe stun (Capacitator Totem) though honestly most people have been smart enough to avoid the stun from this, but its pretty handy with Totemic Proctection talent. We also have our two 'oh crap' totems (Healing Tide Totem) and (Spirit Link Totem) Now I'm trying to understand why this change now? I haven't seen an explanation yet. My guess would be because of how strong resto shamans are in RBGs and Arenas right now, probably stronger in RBGs than any other healer at the moment. I did suspect something like this happening because of our new aura mastery we get with 4 piece now (sorry dps shams, have fun hardcasting in fear still) :p But if the point of this change was to tone down resto healing - it doesn't do that, it just makes shamans sitting ducks and targets to blanket silence to death, as if mindless cc wasn't already enough of a problem currently. Priests can still Disperse and Pain Sup. through stun, Paladins can still Bubble, Mages can still Ice Block, shamans are left with..? * I would not have a problem with this change if we were given more passive defensive abilities, or maybe putting Astral Shift on a lower CD. If Blizzards intention was to make totems even less 'spammy' (no more lol4totems 1global) then I would suggest raising the CD's on our minor totems like Grounding and Tremor - honestly ANY change would be better than what is on the PTR right now. Literally everything we use, plan and coooridinate around our play style is being able to know when we have to use our totems and managing them correctly. TL;DR - hard to comment or suggest feedback on Shamans since you haven't mentioned anything reguarding the changes or why. But whatever your problems with Shamans are - this doesn't fix them.Honestea86 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 State of Elemental PVP http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199961926?page=1#1 Decided to post it here as well ...Madalynn2 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 resto shaman, 2v2 arena so im really new to the arena scene. a friend(spriest) and i have started a new 2s team and we're having a hard time starting out, we've won 5 matches out of 14. im finding that i am targeted immediately and only after a few seconds...im annihilated. ive heard that resto shamans do pretty well in the arena but im finding the opposite to be true. and ok, maybe im just not that good because im just starting out. but is there anything i could do to not die so quickly? any tips on survivability?Zenz5 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Resto shaman help. For resto shaman with focus at PvP is better Int or PvP power for the heal ? ThanksFullbull6 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 A new shaman Hello everyone, i just currently rerolled to a shaman and it's absolutely my permanent main :). I just have a quick question, what talents do i pick? and what kinds of glyphs should i use? I am MS resto and i focus mainly on pvp.Everflowing0 Nov 27, 2012
Nov 27, 2012 Elemental : Increase Wind Shear Range The range on wind shear should be increased for elemental shamans, it only seems fair to do so because every other caster class if I'm not mistaken has a 40 yard range, not to mention a 30 yard is a threat to our survivability because an extra 10 yrds might be putting you in a bad position because ele's surviveability is already garbage with no outs. So why does elemental still have a 30 yard restriction even though its only an interrupt? And for those who are going to compare to counter spell or spell lock to wind shear, yes there cool downs might be longer than wind shear but they're much more effective.Shockinc2 Nov 27, 2012