Shaman

Oct 21, 2012 Resto Haste Plateaus. Hey all, I'm slightly confused about resto haste plateaus. I've looked around at well-known sites (like EJ, but it seems like this has gone to ...you know what). I'm confused on the resto haste plateaus while raid buffed an using Ancestral Swiftness. EJ told me 3764 (if I remember off the top of my head), but I'm not noticing more/less ticks at this one. So, I'm confused. Any input, or advice, would be appreciated. Sorry, I'm on my pally. I just xferred my toon.Iluminahti2 Oct 21, 2012
Oct 21, 2012 Ele ascendance not on par with enhancement Proposed Ele ascendance changes Ascendance - During ascendance your lava burst deals 50% additional damage while have no cooldown - In addition ascendance activates a secondary spirit walkers grace - While in ascendance you receive an aura mastery along with immunity to stuns and fears - Ascendance resets the cooldown and activates your stormlash totem - While in ascendance attacks cannot be stopped and may damage enemies through LoSDedorisa16 Oct 21, 2012
Oct 21, 2012 *Opinion* The REAL issue with enhancement. First off let me introduce myself. I'm Novoria (obviously) and I've been a vivid Enhancement Shaman for a couple years now. By far the funnest and most engaging spec i've ever played (I have 6 85's and have played every spec of them). So, I'd like to think that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Enhancement. In my opinion, and maybe yours, Enhancement Shamans don't have the.. pizzaz that I wish we had. In patch 4.3 (Dragon Soul patch, correct me if I'm wrong) I was about an ilvl 400 Enhancement Shaman. Now, being fully gemmed, enchanted, and reforged, I crit around 120k with my Lava Lash (with 5 stacks from my totem). Coming into MoP I expected that 120k to skyrocket. Did it? Not at all. In fact, my crits right now are hitting for around 100k with 5 stacks of my totem. I know I'm in my Restoration gear currently but my Enhancement gear is full heroic dungeon geared with a couple purples here and there. I also KNOW I'm specced right, gemmed correctly, reforged correctly, and I'm doing my rotation as best as I can. There's a couple things I've noticed while leveling and running heroics. ONE- I CONSTANTLY died while questing. Sure not a HUGE issue but it sure as hell pissed me off. Popping all of my CD's (Astral shift and shamanistic rage) still didn't keep me from dying with a 70% damage reduction. Leveling to 90 was, personally, a struggle for me. Although enjoying the quest lines and scenery of the beautiful Pandaria, I would have rather not seen so much black and white while on my journeys. *The MAIN ISSUE* TWO- Our damage is mediocre AT BEST Lets compare Enhancement and Elemental for a second. One day I was curious so I re-gemmed my Restoration gear and reforged it and did the whole 9 yards. I destroyed! I had bursts up to 100k+ (DPS). What's the reason? Ascendance. How powerful is it for elemental shamans? EXTREMELY powerful. Getting off 12-13 lava bursts with GUARANTEED crits is an extreme boost to DPS. Now, why I compared Enhancement to Elemental. Enhancement's Ascendance is absolutely terrible. We only get 2, yes, TWO Stormblasts dealing roughly 130k damage. What? 250k-300k damage for two attacks? Wait, doesn't Elemental get lava burst crits around 90-100k? And they fire off 12-13 of them.. do the math and thats A TON more damage. Sure, our melee attacks deal pure nature damage while Ascendance is activated but that doesn't do much damage. Lava Lash… are you kidding me? It hits as hard as a moped AT BEST (compared to the HITS LIKE A TRUCK people always mention with certain class abilities). Bilzzard, why on earth would Lava Lash hit for the same amount, sometimes LESS, as compared to lava lash in 4.3. Now for the big picture, Enhancement Shamans are falling apart. Our damage from abilities are just not good enough for MoP. All of our spells and abilities need buffs. This is my favorite spec and class Blizzard, and Mists of Pandaria is a fantastic expansion. But something needs to be done with Enhancement Shaman's DPS. Its just downright embarrassing. As a note* This is my first ever post on a forum in about 5 years of playing this game. This is kind of a big deal for me. Please let me know if something I have stated above is incorrect. I would love feedback on how the community feels about this issue. Thank you! :) -NovoriaNovoria30 Oct 21, 2012
Oct 21, 2012 Earthgrab Totem ???? Hey Forums I just have a quick question, I was just curious on why the earthgrab totem doesnt root a hunters pet? I was goofing around keeping Horde away from our wickerman doing some world pvping in goldshire and noticed that the earthgrab totem didnt root their pets. I have played an Ele shaman for 6-7 years now and really like how far shaman have come, any answers are very much appreciated....Oh btw First post on the forums.....:PLexilou4 Oct 21, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 Glyph of Unleashed Lightning Is there a situation as Elemental where you wouldn't take Glyph of Unleashed Lightning.Thundahstahm4 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 Am I going crazy.... Or did the thread containing shaman macros get deleted? There were a few in there that I wanted to test out, if anyone can direct me to one I would greatly appreciate it.Maverìk2 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 nerf. ZOMG shaman healer just healed through my burts damage NERF em blizz.Bogazz10 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 pvp spec?? So my shaman just hit 90 but im wondering if EH or ELE are viable in pvp atm and by viable are they posible to do arena or rbgs with and not be trash. ps id rather not be resto but im not compltely against it, id just rather be a dps spec.Deatheran0 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 Remember Seasoned Winds? To anyone who may be waiting on possible buffs to dps Shammies.All I gotta say is, remember Seasoned winds?Foxybizzle10 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 Rshm in 3s do you assist on kill ? Are you trying to help your teamate to score a kill on burst phase or is our dmg so weak that I should just keep doing the healing duty ?Puked5 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 Maelstrom stack monitor Can anybody tell me which add on shows you visually how many stack of maelstrom you have? like its does 4 slashes before doing the full maelstrom bar. Thanks!Ðiabeetus10 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 Enhancement shaman haste cap? I was wondering if there was a haste cap at the moment or if there will be in the near future. As of now, at lvl 85, i can pretty much get above 120% haste with my simple 2 min CDs and trinket procs. I was planning to gem haste after agil and hit/expertise cap, however if i can get above 100% with simple procs and small cds, would it be worth it to gem for haste at all?Tervigon0 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 Transmog Help So I recently put this set together, I really enjoy it. The offhand is okay, but when I pick up a shield I need some ideas of one to match. Currently I have Pulsing Spellshield to go with my red transmog sets, but I'm not sure if it looks good. Any input?Regorill1 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 Enhance shaman 463 belt..... How long did it take u guys to get it................ im 469 ilvl..i would be 471 with it...i have done the 2 specific dungeon it drops in everyday since i could do heroics......AND I STILL WEAR A 440 BELT! for !@#$s sake...i got 10 mail 463 heal belt...but no agi one.....worst RNG EVERGaragas9 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 20, 2012 Is there an Enhance priority addon? So, I have recently switched back to enhance, again, mainly for reasons of differentiating between my DPS spec and my Healing spec. I know "But it's so easy to use the same gear" but to me it gets confusing in all the subleties like "WELL Ele needs Haste/mastery and Resto needs crit!" or whatever the real case is. So then you have issues with reforging and maybe have to end up getting two different chest pieces or something because one is itemized better and well why not just go with polar opposites that way you don't have to do this dance. That said: I suck at the Enhance "rotation" or "Priority" list. I'm getting better at it, but overall I'm still clumsy and I feel like I do the wrong thing most of the time and I focused on my bars instead of on my char so I miss a lot of the maelstrom procs I think.. Is there an add-on that will just show a giant icon of what to hit now? I know there are some for the Paladin ret spec..I tried using ShockandAwe but it just gives me a bunch of bars to watch and I don't like it :xBarathrume4 Oct 20, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Valor point resto gear makes kittens cry. Head: Spirit & Crit Neck: Spirit & Haste Shoulders: Haste & Mastery Back: Spirit & Haste Chest: Crit & Mastery Wrist: Haste & Mastery Gloves: Haste & Mastery Waist: Haste & Mastery Legs: Spirit & Crit Boots: Spirit & Crit Ring: Spirit & Crit There are two pieces of gear in that list that has attractive stats (and neither of them are mail). Crit is icky. But the only gear with spirit on it has crit (except the two non-mail pieces). And don't get me wrong, Haste/Mastery gear is fine, but right now I need spirit. I have a hard time justifying getting rid of a 463 piece with spirit on it for a valor piece without spirit. I really don't understand what the thinking was when they designed these this way.Saryah14 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 A bliz conversation with a non resto pvper *me Why is it that every single expansion it seems that the other sham specs are trash compared to resto and everyone else? *blizz We feel that shamans are in a good spot right now *me I'm talking in regards to pvp *blizz We gave u ascendance and capacitor totem, we gave you back double purge...why are you complaining? *me But doesn't every dps spec have some sort of burst cd? people just auto attack capacitor...Why couldn't we get a reliable stun? Enhance and elemental shamans never topped the high end ladders why was it taken away to begin with? *Blizz Because shamans having a reliable stun would make resto too powerful.Purge was taken away because resto was too strong.We gave it back though, enjoy while it lasts because it may get nerfed again if resto becomes too strong. *me Really!!??? Don't you feel bad about constantly nerfing the other shaman specs in order to keep resto in line? It happened throughout BC, Wrath and cata. *Blizz If you want to be in line with other classes and be considered for high end RBG/arena you can roll resto *me But I hate healing and love shamans.How come the druid class always seems too have viable high end dps specs and healing specs but not shamans? *Blizz Dps shamans are in a good spot in PVE *me I take it that most of the blizz devs are cat lovers *blizz What makes you say that? *me Because cat form WTF pwns ghost wolf in every single aspect.Our dogs hit like wet noodles since wrath.Hasn't the shaman community asked that something be done with ghostwolf since bc?It got nerfed this expansion *blizz It didn't get nerfed as far as resto is concerned its a baseline ability now...WELP, look at the time we have to go address some concerns with rogues..Their next in line to get buffed, also there is a lot we need to work on in terms of pet battle balance.Ill get back to you guys next expansion. *me WAIT DAMN YOU!!! I didn't even get to touch on our squishyness or our clunky totems.Ganstafied0 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 My UI is Cluttered and Terrible :( I am using Bartender, SAA, IceHUD and Weakauras as far as mods go for mu UI. I would post a pic but my character is lost in Limbo at the moment for a server transfer. Anyone out there have a good UI, maybe some macros they would be willing to share with me? I am just dumbfounded at how many CDs I have to manage and anything anyone can do to help show me a good, streamlined UI would help me out a ton. I figure for the long CDs (>= 1 min) I can just use the timer that I have on the button. But then for the shorter CDs I would like to use something visually representative of how long each one is. Instead of numbers counting down, something like a bar graph so I can easily see which button will come off its CD first. I dunno, maybe I am just too old and dumb to play an Enhance shaman. There's a million CDs to keep track of and I am struggling in PvP to keep the CDs organised and easily identifiable as to what is coming of CD next. Any help is appreciated thanks!Raeynor8 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Is Shaman Viable Now? I'm reading an awful lot of posts lamenting the lack of love for Shamans now; from these posts it appears that everyone's DPS is broken and PvP is pointless. I haven't leveled a Shaman in some time, so am I wasting my time bringing up a new one or am I reading all of this wrong and it's not so bad in reality? Previously, I ran as Resto, and did a fair amount of PvP on it- is that bad now as well? Just having a tough time deciding what to do next :PPangpang18 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 not enough spirit rep gear. Ok, am i the only one who feels were getting a little screwed in the rep reward department? The sha claw quest gave us the choice of ele/ehnace boots, Golden lotus revered gives us ele/ehance chest shoulders. Klaxxi have Spirit pants, but the belts are ele/ehance. I mean am i looking at this wrong or something? should i not be stacking spir on my gear?Gottri18 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Any good Rshm PvP video in MoP ? If anyone have any link it be appreciated :-)Puked1 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 My DPS suck and I feel bad Well hello there everyone, my guild has been starting to raid this week (downed guardians, working on feng). The problem is... my DPS is seriously lacking and I do not know why. I looked up the new priority list, I still have to work on it but I'm not sure it would do such a big difference. I am currently the lowest DPS of our team by at least 2-3K DPS. So my question is, is enh really not good at my current iLvl? Is it because I have yet to have the more decent trinkets? Do I just suck now? I went from being top DPS in DS to lowest... and I was fighting against legendaries... with only 1 no'kaled since it only dropped once for me (but I've seen the mount drop 3 times, lost every time). Is there anything you could see on my armory that I'm doing very wrong? And yes I know, my epic chest is not enchanted yet, I just didn't have the time to get it... altho I doubt it will change THAT much of my performance. Of course, I know my sucky OH (I have bad luck on getting weapons drop it seem) doesn't help at all, but I'm just wondering if I'm doing wrong or if I'm at a place where we don't scale well at all. Thank you :)Kalarm5 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Shaman in a Nutshell Right Now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjEc5-bl_BE&feature=related I love you guys, your the best 2's partnersDerpstorm2 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Tidal Waves - Bug or working as intended? A charge of tidal waves is being consumed with ancestral swiftness instant cast heals. I have found that if i riptide, ancestral swiftness, greater healing wave, one of my tidal wave charges is used. This leaves me with only one charge. Is this a bug or how the spell is supposed to work. Seems like a pretty steep rotational penalty the way it is right now. The instant cast was always a nice guarantee for 3 fast heals in between riptides. I am 99% sure in Cataclysm with the old instant cast cooldown (cant remember name) you did not get charged a tidal waves when using it. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.Stillwinds7 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 What addon to monitor flame shock DOT? I use default UI and the debuff timers are too small on the target, and I have not found a way to enlarge the debuffs. I'd love to find the addon that puts the buff timer on the nameplates what is the name of that addon?Cheami8 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Why do we feel so weak compared to druids... Raid healing I'm constantly getting beat by druids by ~7-10% overall healing, and sometimes a little more. Using all my cooldowns 2x per encounter I still can't keep w/ them without being oom for the last 2 minutes while they're barely over 50% most of the time.Shammyjake10 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Enhance shaman not needed in raids?? So for the last couple weeks I have been doing the raid finder with cross realm friends, and I just cant stand it. I literally hate raiding in raid finder... Most of the time people have no idea what they are doing, and bosses are still falling. Its totally faceroll. Add to that the fact that most people in raid finder are total mouth breathers... I miss raiding with a group of friends who do their homework before entering a raid and work as a team to kill difficult bosses. This week I decided to look for a casual scheduled, progression focused raid guild both on and off my server, and found many recruiting but none who want enhancement shamans. Enhance shaman is my favorite class to play but I feel like im being forced to roll a warlock or Spriest to be able to experience raid content. I might even have to... /gulp... roll elemental!!! So what do you guys think... any reason to continue with enhance? Its strange because im pulling 50-60k in raidfinder, and have been in the top 5 damage every time. combine that with the ability to toss out heals during rough healing spots, as well as being able to peel mobs off healers (with our taunt if necessary) , pop speed and deliver them to tanks without dropping below 50%... I would think we have a winning class. Apparently raiding guilds dont think so. What are your opinions? Should I finally give up on the old enhance? WTB buffs so that I can compete with pallys, warriors, and rogues for raid spots LOLProst28 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 Old totems Blizz I would like some of the old totems back. I miss tremor the most I liked the pulse every 3 seconds and the totem stayed for 5 minutes. And the poison totem I know since we lost the ability to cleanse poison but can we have it back to where we can cleanse what we can dispel. What I miss really is we used to have a totem to counteract everything the utility we had was amazing. The class to me has just gotten boring can we just have back out utility. I'm not asking for chain heal or other heals to be buffed I just would like to see out utility totems back.Graigchrist0 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 19, 2012 looking for tips, ( enhanc) hi, looking for tips ( not posting on real toon incase guild thing i'm the noob i really am :) ) my starter is Fire elemental, agility trinket on use, Ascendance, Stormlash totem, then i go into normal priority rotsation thing. i'm trying to give a huge burst at start to get my meters up high. works ok but everyone else's burst is better . and i drop off and end up low in the pack. i'm not sure if i should stagger them a bit to have a more constant dps. also, i've been trying to use this combo when availible.....Unleash elements --- ligtning bolt ( 5 stack )----then Flame shock. cause unleash elements gives 30% increase in lightning bolt damage. anyway, i'm mid to low damage range and i'll probably be replaces soon when we recuit more range, cause we melee heavy atm. unless i pick it up a bit, any tips would be greatly appriciated :)Bigbottoms3 Oct 19, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Resto shammy/druid for pvp? I'm looking to roll a healer for pvp. I'm curious which is doing better between the two for arenas and bgs. Please give your reasons why. ThanksHeretofsu0 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Unleashed Fury + Riptide Unleashed Fury talent seems to not affect riptide ticks :(Shamantra2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Dancing Steel, Windsong or Elemental Force? After the update, wich one is going to be our best weapon enchant? (For Enh)Vulcän4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Primal Elementalist vs. Unleashed Fury I was looking at heroic Gara'jal on a different shaman (forgot his name). Is Unleashed fury the clear cut choice? Because this guy pulled about 12k more then me. Granted he has 7 or so ilvl on me. But I'm curious on how close these two talents are to each-other in terms of DPS.Dioxy16 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 @gistwiki Hey Gist, I've been a long time rogue for the past 6 years, and have switched to Ele for this expansion (Sick of rogues never changing an melee is melee). I was curious if I could get ahold of you in game, or via the forums here or whatever is easiest for you. I'm just curious what macros you all use for Elemental. If this would work, let me know. Thanks!!Sylenced1 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Elemental blast so where does this fit in an enh priority? it hits like a truck and maelstrom makes it instant, its not covered in the sticky at all.Badbeef7 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 What's shaman playstyle like? Hey guys, I'm gettin a little burnt out on my mains, so I was thinking about makin a new character and shaman seems fun to me. I'm wondering about elemental, is the playstyle 'fluid?' I main resto on this druid, and I like it, but sometimes I wanna DPS and the boomkin just doesn't really do it for me. Also, how does resto compare to hpally and rdruid? I don't really care about DPS, i'm a pretty casual player.Xolan8 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Ghost Wolf and Hex If I recall correctly, in Cataclysm Ghost Wolf eliminated slows by itself. Druids can shift in and out of form to not just negate slows, but remove them. Roots too. Druids can also leap away. And they have various other forms with sprints, stealths, and a spammable CC. I just feel... inadequate. My healing is amazing. My kiting isn't bad. I have a good time, but then I see a Resto Druid and all I can think is... god dammit. Stealth to avoid the insta gib. Cyclone with no CD to lock down a healer. Plus bash (unless I am mistaken). Entangling Roots for soft CC. Nature's Grasp for defensive soft CC. Hex can't compete with Cyclone. Sure you can hit a target that's Hexed, but not for long. Cyclone can't be dispelled, has no CD, same cast time. I propose giving Ghost wolf its slow negating property baseline again and reducing the CD on Hex to at most 30s. The long CD on Hex made sense when a Shaman could interrupt every other spell cast and while we still have the shortest (to my knowledge) CD for interrupts in the game, we still have the shortesst (to my knowledge) interrupts. Compared to the kits of many other healers, I feel lackluster. I have a CC. Druid has a better one. I have kiting capacity. Druid's is stronger. Druid's shapeshift nullifies Mind Control, Polymorphs, Hexes, while my Ghost Wolf only prevents Mind Control. Granted, it's because they have the polymorph immunity as a class detail, I would apprecaite the reclassification of Ghost Wolf to undead or something. Maybe I'm asking too much. My healing is great, but I feel like I could use more out of hex and ghost wolf.Keshik2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Looks like I may need to PvP after all... For the longest time I've played WoW, I've hated PvP with a passion. If someone was to get ganked, it was me. In the few times I've accidentally flagged myself either by right-clicking on a flagged enemy or healing a flagged ally, I've had to kiss my butt goodbye. And if anyone got the kind of allies who acted like they never PvP'd in their life, it was me. So I've done my best to avoid it, because no good was ever going to come out of it if I tried it. But if the data-mined info behind 5.1 is any indication, PvP may no longer be an option, but a slight requirement. While not strictly PvP based, the new Krasarang Wilds daily quests do have some PvP involvement, and one of the quests Wrathion needs you to do on your journey to the Legendary weapon of yours needs you to win 10 BGs. So even though I despise it, I may need to get a start on PvP now, while the crafted PvP sets are still relevant enough that I at least have somewhat of a fighting chance (unless I face those in full Conquest gear, which is bound to happen with my luck...). But I'm not sure where to begin. Sure, I could just go and buy the items, but I'm not sure which spec I should do (which, if these forums are right, all of them suck for PvP) and how I should gem/reforge. What should I do?Pharaa14 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Enhancement for PVP What do we counter? honestly, am starting to think i should of just leveled my warrior, i'm in almost full honour PVP gear and without blowing all my cool downs i can't kill anyone, and somethings i just can't counter, like Warriors and Death Knights. Does anyone have any tips apart from switching spec, i heal a lot in PVE, always. So Enhancement pvp was my escape, but it just doesn't seem viable. Is anyone els having trouble pvping? Does it get better?Shambolic15 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 FlameShock Dispell Consequence Shamans are great burst classes, not very good survivibility but thats OK because we have large amounts of burst. Which brings my to My flameshock, whice is probably the largest part of our burst. Theyre should be RE-active spell for dispelling flameshock someway there is for UI. In Cata our haste was increased in order to facilitate the dispell and stabilize the pressure we were out-putting. My suggestion is either make it a Red Debuff or Place a Re-active Spell for Dispelling Flameshock. We are already a Horrible 1v1 Class and hardly Viable in arenas with Fulmination and Elemental Blast having such a Low Crit chance. Post of You Agree. Thank you = )Zyferia4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 HR+LB+Conductivity+TC glyph=mana? Seriously? I just noticed that when i spam healing rain and LB I get about a 2k mana profit. Not that i am complaining but how exactly does that happen because I cannot see anything that logically explains it. Sadly talking about this will probably be the only things the blues see and it will be crushed vigorously with a sneak hotfix. Either that or it does not do anything and I need to lower my meds and pay more attention to the numbers. Either way... thanksCentauris2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Shamans in PVP I have been hearing a lot about shamans, but most of it was how the class is so much worse and all that. when I reach 90 I plan to pvp mostly and some pve on the side and was wondering how they are in that field. I'll most likely be going enh and/or resto for pvp, so if any of you vetren shamans out there could tell me how this class is doing right now, it would help me out a lot. :)Overhealz4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Ele PVE DPS needs a buff - Here's why: http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/theoretical-dps ~7% would nice nice, thanks in advance.Susanexpress4 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Hotfix Shamans please Earth shield heals for 1-2% of their hp, costs 12k to switch targets multiple times Chain heal is complete crap now-a-days Unleash Elements is a terrible cool down, it almost always bugs out or never increases the healing, only when it crits. Ascedance doesn't benefit from mastery Totems doesn't benefit from mastery it feels like Riptide HOTs are a f'ing joke. I mean come on, so many issues..... Earthliving Weapon sucks too....less than 3% of my overall healing on attempt and down of Stone Guards.Bluewafflez14 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Echo of Elements + Enhancement I don't know if this has been brought up before, but does Echo proc off of Lava Lash or Stormstrike?Tsycon15 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Resto (arena) - surviving burst guide Hey everyone, i've been playing a lot of arenas lately and have (after many times of being globaled) learned how to survive the intense burst of damage-focused teams in 2's and 3's. Although some of these tips may be obvious to experienced players, I hope I can help some of you struggling to the hands of dat MoP burst. *note* This is the first guide I've ever written 1. DO NOT be afraid to pop cooldowns! My number one mistake I was making was not popping my cool downs during the heavy damage phase of the enemy, thinking I would space them out. Big mistake, the chances are that if you live past their initial burst, you are in the clear. 2. Utilize CC / Peels Another thing that I was doing wrong and losing to was not LoS'ing during what little CC my team and I could get off. Have your teammates pop as many defensives as soon as possible so you can utilize what little time they buy to get even ONE cast off, it could be the difference between winning or losing. Example: Using windwalk totem in conjunction with piercing howl of a teammate to LoS and get a heal or two off. 3. DON'T PANIC The first couple of games I did in 3's this season were against KFC ( arms, bm, hpal ) and even double BM; /cower. During their switches to me, I would completely freeze up and even forget what my key binds were. The key thing to do if a burst comp opens up / switches to you is remain calm and adjust your focus on the small things you can do to stay alive: ex. nature's swiftness insta hex on one of the dps bashing you. 4. Know other classes mechanics If you're having a hard time losing to one particular team (or class in that team), do some quick research. After getting absolutely demolished by a BM's zoo (stampede), I found out that the stampede's pets can actually be slowed and cc'd, relieving the hunter's DPS massively. 5. Preparation If you know that a team is either going to try to burst you down right from the beginning of the match or switch to you, play extremely cautiously. What I like to do is have a healing rain down at all times in conjunction with riptide on myself in preparation of an obvious incoming switch. Small Tips -If melee dps are bursting you down, plop down a capacitor if you know they are just going to stay there -Always use the talent Nature's Guardian if you are having trouble getting bursted -The talent "Call of the elements" can be used to grant a double wind walk (excellent for getting away and LoS'ing) -The first thing I usually do in a "getting bursted" situation is use spirit link, healing tide and call for an intervene from my warrior (he rocks safeguard) into a fear from him. That alone is usually good enough to survive enemy CD's -Communicate your defensives with your teammates, coordinate who will cc at what time during an intensive situation to shut down their damage. (Eg. my warrior will disarm a warrior with CD's while my Feral may cyclone the hunter with a cyclone) -GO IN TO THE ARENA WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND MINDSET - you can and will survive against the worst of comps to play against with a few right moves! Thanks for reading! Feel free to post any comments, tips and suggestions as I've only been playing a shaman for a little while now and don't know all of the tricks yet!Bamb8 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 SERIOUS ISSUE-NOT REALLY Caps are fun, Anyways, is it that big of a deal to make the glyph of the "Lakestrider" to keep a contingent waterwalking buff on the character even after ghost wolf form has been dropped? It really is only a global cooldown, but let's be honest: If we take the time to glyph it, it should be included... Post if you agree, or somehow (in your non-shammy, twisted mind) disagree. Damage drops it anyways, so it's still a minor glyph.... -LastweekLastweek2 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Is this still true? Watched this again after a long time and i felt kind of related to the shaman part . BTW has anyone else noticed that shamans are never mentioned on patch notes? Are we actually so overlooked? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJJOrR4wj8Cocobrujo3 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Enhance: Windsong vs Elemental Force Mixed feelings about this, what is better? and why? (for Enhance)Fakt7 Oct 18, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 Possible Elemental Shaman PvP Solution As just about everyone knows elemental shaman is probably the worst class in PvP right now. I thought i had a considerably good solution on how to fix this: Damage is low. Elemental shaman damage is very low and to get an idea of how low i dueled a mage to test some numbers. We're both full honor/conquest geared his icelance were critting me for 45-55k in a nova. My lava burst which has a cast time unlike ice lance was critting for 35-40k So a mage's instant cast spell was hitting 10k harder which i think is unacceptable. On top of that i was testing lightning bolts and was getting on average a 11k hit. 11k is even low at 85 let alone 90. I'm just suggesting adding about 50% dmg buff to lightning bolt so it moves hp and a 30% dmg buff to lava burst so it can live up to its name LAVA BURST. And to make up for that in ascendance lower lava burst damage by 20%. This will make it live up to the title lava burst rather than lava blast. Also i just had 1 other suggestion of making astral shift usable in stuns because it only lasts 6 seconds on a 2 minute cooldown. This would greatly help me while im getting crit for 200k in a shockwave. Please give this some attention don't let Cataclysm repeat itself for elemental shaman pvp.Frequently28 Oct 18, 2012