Shaman

Nov 13, 2012 My friend needs help! My friends who's gear level is 467 is an Elemental shammy. She's currently trying to get her dps past 67k and she's struggling. Her boyfriend was helping her out by reading a rotation fro m noxxic but I hate noxxic. I want to ask those who've done it. What rotation should she use to get past 67k DPS? This is pve not pvp. Thanks!Krixxis1 Nov 13, 2012
Nov 12, 2012 Totems need to not be on a Global CD This is the only change that enhancement shamans need. This would increase their burst, survivability, and overall strength as a class. Also maybe making windsear back to a 6 sec cd like it was in cata -_-Cameronatefi2 Nov 12, 2012
Nov 12, 2012 Haste question I shouldn't be using two haste % buffs at the same time correct? even with Primal Elemental?Mystickev7 Nov 12, 2012
Nov 12, 2012 Enh 2v2 theories... What does everyone think of this. I'm running 2v2 with a ret pally. Taking Primal Elementalist instead of Unleashed Fury. All Unleashed Fury helps with is the little run speed increase but with the pally specing into his slow plus frost shock and freedom do I really need it? I can then use the glyph of fire ele to bring the CD down in time with Ascendance and also use the Earth Elemental for damage reduction and the stun. What do you reckon? (as a side note we would like to achieve a decent rating but at the same time it's more for fun as we're real life mates)Tjinjatu17 Nov 12, 2012
Nov 12, 2012 You all have seen me defending enhance... Well after breaking wind into consistant 2k experience this season in RBG, i can say with almost 100% certainty that unless we are in an amazing group of 5 other dps that can CC and do damage amazingly than we are useless. The 15 seconds of great damage we deal is our only bonus... once every 3 min. besides that it is rather sad. I was last on damage today at 5 mil for one and 7 mil for the other. other dps were at around 9-10 mil. I could only provide 3-4 seconds of non ascendance damage before being auto-focused and killed while my 80% damage reduc. was up. We provide nothing that any other class can provide at a much more efficient rate. If you are having success in higher rated BGs and can honestly say you are on par with your other teammates then GJ. I just know that currently enh is not worth the heartache in higher ratings. It kind of saddens me all the work i put into it thus far. only to get very little return. oh well. shelved until further notice :(Pipebombman39 Nov 12, 2012
Nov 12, 2012 Mixing ele and resto gear Gearing up my shaman and was wondering if instead o getting 2 sets 1 for healing and 1 for elemental would it be better to just mix the sets? would it be benifical? Thoughts?Metalblood3 Nov 12, 2012
Nov 12, 2012 How are Resto Shammys doing? Just want to know if resto shammy heals are doing good in mop? And what are the main healing spells i should be spamming?Yùup2 Nov 12, 2012
Nov 12, 2012 How do shamans put other shamans to sleep? N/MWhatevas1 Nov 12, 2012
Nov 12, 2012 Best pve spec and best pvp spec Hey guys I've decided to use my shammy as my main in MoP and I kind of want to do pvp as well as pve but I'm not really sure which spec is the best for what so I'd really appreciate it if you would help me decide on what spec to use for pvp and what spec to use for pve. Thanks!Cerealciller3 Nov 12, 2012
Nov 12, 2012 You think enhance damage is good? Think again On my enhance spec, I actually reforge out of mastery and haste and into hit and crit. People think I am stupid for not reforging into mastery and haste, but I say otherwise. I tested both ways on a testing dummy and found that the results are pretty much similar, although, on my pre spec change video, there is a bit of RNG that happens. Check it out and you will see what I mean. Post change: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMVNPIVfdUs Pre change: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2nI_SaZimo I really do not see how enhance is anywhere near viable for anything as the meters here show that the sustained dps is no where near the dps as others at this ilvl. Burst, maybe, sustained, absolutely not. I constantly see casters and hunters do 70k+ dps single target without major cds. I also like to note that my Ilvl is 470. I failed to mention it. >.< If anyone notices anything that is not right outside of what I have mentioned, please let me know, so I can rerun the tests and see what happens.Neomaxa44 Nov 12, 2012
Nov 12, 2012 Fire Elemental > Searing Totem? Hi, I've looked for this on elitistjerks but couldn't find an exact answer. Do we prioritize fire elemental over searing totem on single targets? Thank you, fellow shammies!Hruirnar4 Nov 12, 2012
Nov 12, 2012 Resto Shammy Question Yùup2 Nov 12, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 PVE leveling DPS Enh or Elemental?Shamura9 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 Buff Lightning Bolt!! This would benefit both Enhance and Elemental if you were to buff Lightning bolts damage by whatever the % is that someone comes up with(25% increase sounds good to me but someone would have to run the numbers). Everyone in the shaman community has comlpained since release that enhance does low damage outside of cds and that ele has terrible sustained dps. This would solve that problem as a LB on 5mw would actually hit harder than a wet noodle and ele would have better sustained damage due to this as well. You could even say that this would benefit Resto shamans as well as they could do near the same amount of damage as other healers, such as rdruids or hpallys. I don't find this to be a huge problem as I think if they nerfed the overpowered classes we would be fine where we are but lets face it, they aren't going to nerf the damage of other classes enough to where we don't need a buff somewhere, so please blizzard buff our LB damage! ^Just wishful thinking^ :)Lavarash16 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 Elemental/Resto I was looking to level up my 85 shaman, and was wondering how Ele/Resto are doing in PvE? I know its not relevent but I do insane damage in the MOP 85 dungeons. Chain lightning is beast, and the procs for lava burst are insane. And out of all the healing classes, Shamans are the most fun. Glyph of chain heal is amazing, that water animation is so freaking awesome! Can you shamans tell me more?Blacktank1 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 Changing frost "shock" to a frost "blast" So we all know the problem elemental's have during PvP regarding survivability. Part of this problem I think is having frost, earth and fire shocks all sharing one cooldown. To be honest I don't mind earth shock and fire shock being together, but frost shock to me seems unused because I am either trying to keep the dot up on an enemy (for the crits) or using earthshock after 7 stacks. Now if frost "shock" became a frost "blast" with a higher, seperate cooldown, along with the glyph that causes the enemy to freeze in place for 5 seconds, I think the elemental shaman would be a more stable choice in a PvP scenario.Progin9 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 ghost wolf not working right when i am in ghost wolf and go to use a spell or to use my mount it interrupts the cast and i must cast again, not too big of a deal but very annoying, is anyone else getting this?Hempire7 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 So absolutely no changes to Shaman in 5.1? I am currently leveling a shaman because my guild needs an ele sham for raiding and I have a friend that is a very good ele shaman and maybe he just is not as good as I think but I feel like shaman have some of the worst dps capabilities so far. Is this an ele sham thing or is enhance the same way. I have yet to see an enhance shammy in raids this expansion.Hashtaggyolo17 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 Where can I get "Glyph of Unleashed Lightning I have max inscription; however, I CANNOT find it! Please...anyone that knows how to acquire this glyph, please let me know!Shockholla24 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 How do you feel about us? How do you feel about shamans vs. other classes?Lexi10 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 Does Blizz really hate shammies? My twin brother and I have both played for around 6 years. He has played a shammy since starting, and I: a warrior. All I ever hear is that blizzard nerf shammies too much and consider them the red headed stepchild.Koruun1 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 Ascendance and Resto How are you using ascendance when healing as resto? I generally hit it when there a lot of healing is needed and just use my normal spells, but I am not sure how much it is doing and if I would get more benefit out of it with certain spells. Thanks for any tips..Nichaela9 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 Is my dps where it should be? (WoL parse) I'm just wondering if my dps is where it should be and if there is anything I should be doing to increase it. This first log is on the first boss (stone guard) I wish I could be like other shaman and just use maelstrom charges on only dps, but I have to heal a decent amount which would lower my dps some. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kztmcr45cd1br6nj/sum/damageDone/?s=4874&e=5260 The second log is on Feng, we didn't kill him but it'll give you a general idea. I got that flame debuff in phase 2 5 times in a row :( http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kztmcr45cd1br6nj/sum/damageDone/?s=9570&e=9988 Please let me know. Thank You FligmosFligmos0 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 T-Mog Ideas Wanted .Numi3 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 Needs some advice please for Elemental Shammy Not sure what went wrong, my DPS is just so low.. my rotation is searing totem down/FS/LB..etc, Ascendance when available , POP all buffs before using Fire Elemental ...do I need Crit more than Haste or Mastery ? S.O.S ..help helpMyshuk18 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 Enhancement help Been a Resto Sham since 2007 quit wow during Cata and came back as enhancement and have a few questions about PvP and PvE. Is it worth investing in a good shield for PvP because melee classes seem to give me a lot of grief in terms of surviving? What is the practical uses of Rockbiter wep? Is fire nova a spell that you use quite often in PvP? It seems to be hitting really low and i prefer to use my frost/earth shocks on CD over flame shock because of the lack of dmg fire nova provides. What is the uses for Spirit Walkers Grace as enhancement in PvP and PvE? What are some of the more popular arena teams i can be of use to? Any advice you can lend me towards these subjects would be great.Determined4 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 Little help with enhancement Hey all I started to do my enhancement shaman 2 days ago dose better on damage I can give ya that but I am having problems. The attacks I use I tend to happen to wait till an attack is ready is there a right way to use the attacks so that way I don't have to wait on an attack to be ready? Also is there another way to heal the shaman during combat been using the Healing Surge but it ooms ya healing up and half the time the healing totems are on cd.Jàdzia2 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 Top 5/10 U.S - Enhancement Stream twitch.tv/Dioxy Please share my stream :) I'm trying to build a user-base.Dìoxy0 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 HELP resto!!!!! ok i got a lot of questions but first a bit of background i have never really used unlesh elements as resto never liked it much. but now that there is a talent for it i have ben messing with it and have a lot of questions on it ( all asumeing i have earthliveing on wepon) 1) is it like a buff that i put on a player so i would have to have them targeted or it goes on my self or does it not matter cuz its a self buff? (ask this cuz when testing it i noticed it put it on my party member i was with/targeted was not sure if it puts on all when poped) 2) when testing i have noticed if i have it talented my first U/E is =50% but after that if i do not refresh E/L it drops back down to 30% but if i do U/E *GHW* then redo E/L i can contuinly get the 50% buff is that ment to be or am i just wrong? 3) when they say it will incress the effectiveness of your next direct heal what they mean by (effectiveness) like just a strait buff of % or something else? 4) also its that talent the best choice i know bliz does not want talents like that now but there is always 1 better for all fight even tho they may change for each different fight. 5) also any other info to help me out on useing this better i would love to have or should i not use it at all p.s. i never used it cuz never thought it was worth it for the GCD and such if that still stands tell me or if there is a post on this all ready i would love a link.Pmcc6 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 Restoration stats help Hey everyone I wasn't in the mood to search to see if this was already a thread so here we go. My stats are: Mastery 5375 - 50.87% Haste 4491 - 10.57% Crit 2174 - 11.15% Spirit 8718 Here is where I am stuck, those stats are me with gems, enchants and I believe ONLY 1 reforge. So if I look at noxxic, I have reached 50% mastery (they claim after 50% it becomes less effective), I have surpassed the second Haste breakpoint and crit is simply crit. Ask Mr.Robot keeps telling me to dump EVERYTHING into mastery reforging out of haste; that cant be right. I would love some feedback on my gear stats. any positive feedback would be greatly appreciated. P.S. I usually get lost reading haste/mastery/crit charts so if anybody can explain them too me that would also help :)Shuunk10 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 Serious Question When was the last blue post on a player-started thread here in these Shaman forums? I'm genuinely interested, as I've been lurking around these parts daily (lunch breaks!) for years, and I honestly can't remember ever seeing one. I'm a curious cat.Kaijen4 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 11, 2012 Better DPS: 463 ele gear or 480 resto gear? I bounce between healing and dps for my raids (but mainsepc heal so I gear for that). When I DPS I do it in full resto gear which means my hit rating is 22.75%. I pull about ~50k dps on most normal fights (80k elegon). So my question is, would I be able to pull more DPS in 463 blues that were correctly reforged and gemed for ele or would it be comparable/worse than the dps I do in 481 resto gear?Trighten1 Nov 11, 2012
Nov 10, 2012 Shaman - Ultimate Ninja Class Strength Mainhand? Need Agi Mainhand? Need SP Mainhand? Need Agi/Int/Spi/Str trinket? It'll work. Please, clip the shaman wings a bit here, they need massive gear focusing, make it happen devs!Halayt1 Nov 10, 2012
Nov 10, 2012 Looking for a specific add-on Is there an addon that gives me back the old totem UI? I really liked it and would rather not have to choose between filling my keybinds with totems and using really awkward and stupid drop down menus.Devoneaux3 Nov 10, 2012
Nov 10, 2012 Conductivity - Seriously? Can anyone explain to me how this thing works, I'm assuming we're all doing something wrong. We've tried to use it on multiple boss fights, heroics and normals (raids) - and I've yet to get it to heal for more than 500k in an 8 minute fight. So I ask, when is this talent at all usefull? Is any raiding resto shaman using anything in this tier other than Healing Tide? Also what is everyone's experience with Unleashed Fury?Mangohs3 Nov 10, 2012
Nov 10, 2012 Which talent for level 75 as Enhancement? Healing Tide or Ancestral Guidance?Shamura11 Nov 10, 2012
Nov 10, 2012 Holy Pali They keep beating me in duels. Does it make sense?Lexi10 Nov 10, 2012
Nov 10, 2012 Elem PvP State? Hey guys - I'm thinking of raising this guy to do Elem pvp this xpac. Can you give me insights into how you're currently faring against certain classes? I'm hearing bad things about warriors, and getting kicked in general, etc. But at the same time people are saying we're in better shape than before. So what's your take?Elk2 Nov 10, 2012
Nov 10, 2012 Heart of the wild Anybody else extremely jealous of this talent? I would kill for a button to change my role in oh !@#$ / burst healing situations.Regorill4 Nov 10, 2012
Nov 10, 2012 Chain Lightning on Garalon Last night on this encounter, I wasn't able to get my CL to bounce from a leg to the body or vice versa. I was however able to get my FS to spread from body to legs, but not leg to body. Is anyone else having this issue? Or am I just not at the proper angle? Its frustrating because "cleaves" are so effective on the fight, yet our one true "cleave" ability doesn't function. Not sure if this is intended or not.Nukkels5 Nov 10, 2012
Nov 10, 2012 Gear gemming and reforging So I hit 90 not long ago, been running LFR with some friends and kind of have no clue what to gem and reforge my gear to. I've pretty much just been asking a friend of mine and he's been telling me what to do. I hear mastery is all the rage now but I thought it used to not be good for enhance? Also what is the new hit and expertise cap?Bokninoo0 Nov 10, 2012
Nov 10, 2012 weapon enchants ENHANCE dancing steel/windsong/elemental force only recently hit 90 and i know dancing steel is the obvious best enchant, but next in line..does the elemental force scale with mastery/SP? or is windsong the obvious second best?Chawanç3 Nov 10, 2012
Nov 10, 2012 Shamans in Flight A while back, classes had very unique abilities: Druids brez, Shamans use Lust, Rogues sprint, the list goes on. The game has evolved, we can typically agree, and these classes remain diverse but big pictures like lust and brez are more homogenized. I do not find this a bad thing. I do not believe all classes should have these powerful abilities, but what I think might be a unique and fun change to the game would be: Give Shamans an instant cast flight shape-shift. Shaman are similar to druids, after a fashion. But druids have long had that very unique instant flight. Shaman no longer stand alone with lust, just like druids dont with brez, or rogues with sprint. Along the same lines, why not give another (different) class the ability to summon like a warlock, and maybe one other class something similar to mage portals. Death gate to a single city, or each race can portal to their home city (maybe too easy). Something along those lines. The game would not be largely altered, but monopolies are diffused. I just think that instant cast flight would go well on a shaman because of play style and maybe (ish) lore. The most difficult part would be to not have an outrage over "why cant i have instant cast" since that ability has never changed, it is not on many people's mind.Palladium5 Nov 10, 2012
Nov 10, 2012 Arena and Ele Do anyone of you know any good ele players on youtube streaming their arena plays? Want to watch how ele shamans do in arenas.. Personally, haven't stepped in arena since I was bruised dead and black in wrath lolRáijín9 Nov 10, 2012
Nov 10, 2012 Enhancement pvp 4set bonus worth it? Enhancement 4 set bonus is 40% damage when you use Lava Lash, when Frostbrand Weapon is on your off hand. Anyways. At the moment I am currently using Windfury-MH Flametounge-OH Let me know if Swapping Flametounge to Frostbrand is really worth it.Buttonbasher11 Nov 10, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 shaman pve Hello just curious is shaman (dps) for PVE is better for enhance or ele (no considering running out of the elegon fight in this decision), have a lvl 90 shaman currently and want to know which to gear for.Vesu4 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 PvP -- 4 Piece Resto Set Bonus Question How does the effect work? Specifically: - What counts as an interrupt? Pummel? Wind Shear? Shockwave? Fear?? - Can I already be silenced and use Spiritwalker's Grace to click the silence off? Thanks, TotemsTotems2 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 A nerf...? "Ancestral Swiftness now has a 1.5 min cooldown, up from 1 min." Is this a joke? When I saw the Blue "Shaman" color on spell changes, I got so excited, then saw it was a nerf instead of the buff that was clearly necessary. As if Elemental shamans weren't bad enough already. PvP is near impossible as this spec. Please let there be a buff somewhere for shamans before 5.1 drops.Avolve49 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 Shaman AoE heals Can we get a good AoE heals that doesn't require everyone to stand in a tiny circle? Chain heal is garbage.Bòlas17 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 Elemental Shaman inquiry Being ignored by the shaman developers is nothing new to this community. So these questions are for the other experience players. Do you wear the Resto 4-piece set for the 5 seconds of silence immunity? Free casting I have no issues, melee trying to run through casts, not a big deal. However the instant I cast Ascendance +EM+Stormlash+spirit walker macro, stun, stun, fear, disorient and really feels like a "hey over here, i'ma chagrin my fireball, CC me please!" Ascendance damage is powerful. But Hunters gain a protected state when popping BM, Warriors can choose bladestorm and Avatar and have immunity. Can we campaign for some kind of baked in silence protection, heck a stun/disorient immunity or reduction would, I feel, really polish the spec. I really would like to use the ele pvp set because mana is a challenge without that bonus, but anyways back to the random bg q. Even the average random bg player has wised up how easy it is to focus and burn down this ele.Fracker1 Nov 9, 2012