Shaman

Aug 30, 2012 Enhancement Reforgelite Stat Weights... So i just downloaded reforgelite for the first time. under the preset stat weights it comes out as followed Hit-250 Crit-120 Mastery-150 Haste-80 Expertise-190 just wondering if thats right. If not anyone know the right numbers? becuase when i use it as is it reforges haste to crit. not sure if that is correct.Kaylaqt7 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 MoP Shaman, the Old Paladin Anybody remember paladins before their auras were constant, and didn't drop off every time they had to Judgement something? Totems in 5.X.XNightscale1 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Not really "enhancement" anymore, is it Don't get me wrong, most of the MoP changes are quite welcome and I'm eager to get to completely change up my playstyle on an encounter-to-encounter basis with the new talent system. That said, I feel like "enhancement" is pretty much a misnomer, and has been since 4.0. With the talent trees gutted of talents that improved the effectiveness of our totem spells back in October 2010, enhancement shamans brought nothing to a raid that other shaman specs couldn't. This continues to be the case today, and I don't really feel like I'm "enhancing" anybody. Maybe a different name for the spec is in order somewhere down the line?Supabump10 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 We are the best. IN PVP That was sarcasm, enhancement shamans seriously are superb at being kited by the worst of players. Not to mention roots well they rock our socks now. Do not forget the stuns and slows and silences that everyone gained :) i love our 5 second stun that people walk 3 steps away and are fine well or they just whack it since its 5hp and all these situation can be negated with glyphs but only one out of the 10 :) so ya blizz your terrible at balanceing classes and i know im not lvl 87 or 90 yet for my new talents and abilities but seriously ascendance isnt going to do anything vs a dk with anti magic shell or if im stunned silenced or cced as i always am, oh and its funny cause unleash elements is also crap especially at 90 it means nothing if we cannot stay on target :) good job blizzWhuchaka0 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Rptide is awesome now? So if its healing for a lot more now, is it worth getting my haste back to 2005?Bulbasaur6 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 lvl 75 resto talents... which one? they all seem so good, i can't decideBezerkk3 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Sow how is Resto/Elemental in PvP In this patch?Woofbot3 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 MoP Shaman Talents a Dissapointment? Any other Shamans just tired of getting screwed? Compared to all other classes I believe The shaman was overlooked and just thrown together to get done so they could focus on other classes making them more OP?Dreko5 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 WTB Mobility -Enhance Can't stay on a mage at all. OOM just trying to close the gap. Feel like I get less mana back when hitting targets now? Is anyone else having issues with this?Bigwoof1 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Enjoy your unique new role and stop QQ'ing At first, I agreed with a lot of the whining here. It feels like we got the shaft in talents with nothing stellar for a dps boost. But what I'm starting to see is that they've taken the shaman back to it's roots. We are, and have always been intended as a support class. The true strength of the shaman is how we empower our teammates. I enjoyed being top dps for a while, but it's not our destiny. What we will bring to the table now is outstanding support for a raid. Above and beyond that of any other class. Passive buffs, decent damage, Bloodlust, an air totem that bursts the raid's dps(fantastic when paired with BL), other raid-wide utility(aoe snare removal anyone?), plus moderate healing support. Oh, and 2 forms of cc too. If you're good enough, you can single-handedly prevent a wipe. Tank went down and you need to buy a couple seconds for the B-res? Throw on rockbiter, unleash ele taunt, pop your mitigation cds if you spec'd into the 40% dmg reduction(it stacks with shamanistic rage). Drop your rock tank totem. Need to top the raid off and save healers' mana? Start tossing chainheals with your maelstrom procs. Every class got some utility this patch, but nobody matched the scope of the shaman. "So you say that it's evolution, well ya know..." SkiSkiurus6 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 30, 2012 Triple lava burst proc??? So is it now possible for lava burst to triple proc with elemental overload and echo of the elements?Skyrage3 Aug 30, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Weak Auras as SAA replacement For those of you looking for a SAA replacement and don't mind doing a bit of work you can actually use Weak Auras to simulate it. Just setup the triggers for lower priority abilities to check the invert of the higher priority abilities. For instance the ES aura would not only check that ES was off CD but there was FS on the target, MW < 3, a fire totem was active, and SS, LL, and UE were all on CD. It's not really a proper replacement, can't track tier bonuses, super huge pain in the butt to change priorities, probably requires a lot more processing time since instead of evaluating a short list it has to check every single aura every time, but you can make it work until something more formal comes along.Drágon1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Enhancement at level 85 Having looked at our talent and realizing that we don't have ascendance in our arsenal... I am just looking for some input from people on the beta if shaman are going to scale better at level 90... the final tier of talents is great, plus we'll have ascendance... I picked up a few thousand dps from the changes, but I get the feeling that in endgame raiding enhancement still isn't stacking up with almost every other class. If anyone has some input or some mast from the beta let me know.Starrs2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Really.. Was it really even necessary to remove the totem bar?... hell you could of just removed the 4 totem and recall, but the whole bar?... I"ve got enough keybinds and mouse binds as it is. Just cleans things up a bit..Pymeri3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 @People who need healbot! I was able to get it to work on my end, but please remember that it might not have all the MOP spells, but this is SOMETHING that will hold you over till the developer fixes the issues. http://ppmegahelpsite.com/healbot.htmlTerton0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Nature's Guardian or Stone Bulwark Totem Nature's Guardian or Stone Bulwark Totem, for PvP? Thanks!Ratdrall3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 5.0.4 ele sham reforge hi guys i jsut want to get the last bit of dps before the expansion hits, are the stats still at mastery>haste>crit or have things swapped around?Awsham7 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Dispelling Earth Shield Is it an intended change that all charges of Earth Shield are removed with just one Spellsteal/Tranquilizing Shot/etc now?Pagani2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 enhance pvp stat priority Stat priority still agi > mastery > critical > haste? (Assuming hit cap of course) Lvl 85 state priority and will it change at 90? Been hearing haste is somewhat viable? Also, what is best glyphs? A lot if options but I feel like some are a necessity (such as ghost wolf considering its our only "gap closer" Thank you for responding :)Totemsqt2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Pvp expansion, pve nerfs I think the title explains it perfectly... Everything good happening with utility and what-have-you is all geared towards pvp. Healers get a huge buff for pvp... not so much in pve. Hybrid dps specs have a ton more survivability, but not so much a buff to damage output. I guess all of us who didn't really enjoy the pvp aspect of the game will be a little more disappointed this expansion than the last.Spiritsgrace1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Enhancement Shaman Downgrade Outrage? ill make it short and simple.. before the patch.. i was slaying single npc's within a second..after the patch.. sever dps decrease much slower gameplay.. more boring.. angry because i dont want to start a new character.Skitt1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Ele shams need change! I have been playing an ele sham since the beginning of wotlk. Their dps has only been fair for most part and very very few in the highest gear can actually top the charts on certain fights. Shammies are still way too simple for ele spec and they need more to it as well as change to their talents. The totem line, useless. The lvl 75 line--all resto based. And some others are highly useless for their dps as well. Unless raid kiting is coming back or the dmg output is so high heals cant keep up, shamms really should have some more ele damage talents added. Also the ele rotation is far too simple still. It has had practicly no change since the beginning of wotlk and probably even BC. We have always had the same simpleton rotation of spam bolt with lava burst on cd and keeping flame shock up. The ONLY changes have been the chance for insta lava burst and the proc on earth shock with the lightning shield. Even the arcane mages have gotten some more complexity to them and more cd's to make them more fun and give more dps. Shammies, however, are still sucking at the bottom of the pole in need of something truly new and the ability to match all the other op classes (most of them) in raids and actually pull high numbers in regular gear (regular atm being ~380-385)Gódlydruid1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Ele Mastery and 4pc SWG Haste Dont Stack?? Seems to me that you can only have one up at a time...eg if you have SWG up and then pop the new Ele Mastery talent the buff from SWG is simply replaced by the Ele Mastery. Anyone else confirm this?? Was hoping for a nice throughput combo there but alas it seems not to be?Mouze2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Thanks for failing again Blizzard Why, WHY in the name all that is good and holy did you have to remove our Call of the Ancients and simliar spells? That saved SO MUCH time when it came fighting. I INSTANTLY regret MoP coming out. We now have to cast each of our totems one at a time again? Why don't you just strip of of Healing Rain, Heroism/Bloodlust, Elemental Totems and Reincarnate while you're at it? Send us all the way back to Vanilla days when the only way we got Raid invites was being Resto. That'll show TRUE progression. Put back Call of the Ancients.Lotous8 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 This is why I love Blizzard <3 I am having SOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN with elemental. I still die, but I FINALLY feel like I can hold my own against anybody in PvP. Blizzard, I have not had this much WoW fun since... I don't even remember. I am sure the numbers will be tuned in the coming days/weeks... maybe I'll get nerfed, maybe I'll get buffed... either way... THANK YOU!!!!!!! I love this game!!!! <3Oomeroni2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Chain lightning / mana management issues Hi guys, I'm hoping it's just me, and I'm hoping I've made some stupid mistake, but my chain lightning now pretty much drains my mana to zero in about 15 seconds. I'm unloading on the dummies in stormwind so I'm hitting 3 targets and I've got the glyph for extneded chain. I've got my lightning shield up as well. Pre-patch I could sit there all day (literally) unloading chain lightning and my mana wouldn't go down. Now it's about 15 seconds in and I have zero mana. Anybody else notice this? Am I doing something wrong?Orolo12 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Searing Flames. We need a GUI image on screen just like we do for 5 stack Maelstrom for 5 stack Searing Flames. It's a very trouble some to constantly have to look up to the buff bar to see my stack count. I'm very surprised this wasn't already in the patch.Terry5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Totem range Why isn't there a glyph to improve the range of our totems, like we used to be able to get from our spec tree? I am really missing my extra range, especially with magma totem.Oshara0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Level 80 test dummy #'s I wanted to post up a common target for comparison #'s. Dont try the level ???? raid test dummy.as he's 93. My spec: Elemental Full Tier 13 Normal gear mostly BiS Rotation: 1. Flame shock, glyphed for longer duration 2. Fire totem (redrop upon expiration) 3. Lava Burst (cast upon proc after opener) 4. Lightning bolt until Lava Burst Procs 5. Eath shock upon 7 stacks Upon using hero: 6. Fire Elemental 7. New raid buff totem that adds dps (name forgets me) 8. Earth Elemental (only dps cd I have at this point) Average dps: 25k-ish Burst dps: 28k One thing I learned as a quality of life issue, instead of speccing for Healing Tide Totem, I am going to grab the talent that heals closest freindlies (one not requiring rain) as that is one less click I have to manage as it is a passive. The cost benifit of chain lightning seems more critical now. If there are 3 or less trash, I found, even glyphed for telluric currents, that you run oom quite easily. Seems best to use when 4 or more now. If 3, I sugest a couple chains,broken up with a Lightning bolt or 3 to regain mana then cast chain possibly 1 more time as trash should be dying at this point then revert to single targeting. Hope this helps others!Ackbahr2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 New talents Sup all,i have recently been looking into the shaman and the new talents are kinda vague lol. I was wanting to know some of ur inputs on them, especially primal elementalist. I mean is it the same as fire elemtal totem and earth elemental totem just no cd? or do we just drop one and we get a pet thats perma.Scraxton1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Elemental pvp We where in bad stop for 2 last season ...LOOK NOW ...... this is !@#$ing retardedMolsondry2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Enhance to PvP now i havent gotten into it that much but at first glance all i see on the enhance tree is PvP love. is blizzard throwing us back into vanilla??? go resto/ele or go home???Cumbobülous8 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Shaman Totem/CD Help I don't normally post on the class forums, but I feel like my shaman has just been flipped, turned upside down. I just feel like I have waaaayy too many cooldowns to manage and totems to keep up with now, and not enough space on my keyboard/action bars to bind or place them all. Does anyone have any advice to dealing with the new shaman cooldowns or UI management for all the new cooldowns?Looped4 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 No More Relics?? Signed in and...my relic is gone...GONE....Shakkra10 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 SEARING TOTEM STACKS = STUPID Panavision3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Have not been able to test stormlash.. To those who have been able to do raids / what not, and if you have a working recount or if it shows up on logs, how much raid damage does stormlash add for its duration in a 10 man setting or 25 man setting?Gardiff5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 EoE for Ele So I am seeing some elemental shamans using EoE and disregarding the 2pc but others that are taking Ele mastery. Is the 1000 mastery really that horrible or is EoE just pulling ahead that much farther? Also what is the proc chance on EoE for elemental?Kolos5 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Far Sight Has anyone else noticed a change in how far the Far Sight target can be moved before it greys out? I used to be able to place it anywhere the screen was drawn but it seems to now cut off earlier than that.Tremis1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 TC glyph bugged? I noticed in an LFR run that another resto was using glyph of TC Which was returning 10% of max mana on hit up from 2% is this a bug? is it meant to give us 10% now or is blizz teasing me?Okri0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 General Enhance PVP Thread Hey since the new patch I am, and I'm sure all of you, are pretty confused by what talents are better over what, damage output changes, etc. I want to put together a thread of just generalized knowledge of tips and tricks, and facts to enhancement pvp at the moment. I'll start: 1.) I see that maelstrom is proccing less but with the healing storm glyph we're healing for ~44k normal and upwards of 100k crit (FACT) 2.) I've been using capacitor totem(glyphed) and then as soon as it stuns them I'm unleashing full burst (TIP) 3.)Feral spirits are now healing immensely (150% of their damage) (FACT) 4.)Stone Bulwark + Healing totem seem to be an effective way to withstand burst when packed in with Shamanistic Rage + Stoneform(Dwarf only), I've tested this with multiple classes and only fire mages seem to be the ones to steamroll me when I have those 2 up. Now I want to ask a few questions: 1.) Any tips to keep enemies near you(especially ranged) to stun them with capacitor totem? I feel as if we should have gotten the talent that hunters have where if they run away from the arrow they get stunned. 2.) What is your damage like? Mine seems to be significantly less since 5.0.4, full lava lashes seem to be only critting for ~20k now away from 30-40k Please add any tips/tricks and other knowledge about the new enhancement shaman, let's make a strong base for enhance!Alfrenn6 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Totems? Bliz why'd you nerf totems? Now all I've got is a searing totem. Can anyone respond?Aelysia7 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Talent Choices for Spec What are the recommended Talent Choice for Dummies per Spec? ( I dont see a thread yet )Vista0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 OMG...I LOVE YOU BLIZZARD!! ELE SHAMANS ROCK!!!!! LOVIN THE CHANGE GUYS!!! Seriously though, it's friqqin awesome!!!!!!Coocoocachoô13 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Glyph of the Arctic Wolf:Who's gonna miss it? I know I will. I don't like the brown wolf and the replacement is too flashy.Knilya9 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 SEARING TOTEM WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!?!/ WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYDHFNBHKM,D'FHJ I love my Shaman by far my favorite toon but searing totem to be dropped BY ITSELF?? this is the most retarded thing I'v ever seen in my life.Panavision1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Enhancement is Oom I am always oom. Every duel, it doesnt fail, I am unsure how I am running oom so rapidly. Most of my heals are from Maelstrom Procs, if not full then usually > 3 stacks. Purge is glyphed atm minimizing how many times i actually use it. I go oom from a simple duel and I am in good position and I go in to Stormstrike only to realize I dont have enough mana to use it. Anyone else experiencing /oom issues as Enhancement?Skillcøil3 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Water Breathing What the heck happened to shamans being able to water breath.....its gone from my spell book and not in my glyph list anymore now...Greymouse0 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Possible 3s Teams for DPS Shaman Hello, with MoP coming, my friend and I are changing classes, and we want to do PvP too. Im playing a shaman, he has almost all classes and we don't have a 3rd member yet, so, im asking you guys which are the best possible 3s teams for both enhancement AND elemental shaman, and if possible, why. Just 2 or 3 examples for both, you can really call any classes and specs. Consider all the changes MoP brought, thank you.Bitoquinha1 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 [Enh] PVP: How much hit/expertise? Pvp Guide? Is it 3% as I'm being told in guild chat or is it 7.5% of each as I'm reading in pve guides. Anyone know of a good MOP PVP Enh Guide?Zairne2 Aug 29, 2012
Aug 29, 2012 Subtlety Shaman!?!?!??!? Wtf Click on this toon, its character page says im a Subtlety shaman as of 1:05 amAnthesta1 Aug 29, 2012