Shaman

Sep 11, 2012 Are shamans more OP in 5.0.4? Is it just me or are shamans (Especially Ele) more over-powered? Maybe its just me getting better. But hai :3Twinkábell12 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 Enhancement perma pet How many enhancement shaman are thinking of taking this talent? It seems like a cool and fun aspect, but I can't help but think that one of the other two talents would better serve us. Just a question I've been pondering since they released the new talent trees. Just wondering how many are/n't and why or why not.Klowdy18 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 Why Im wearing a paperbag on my head. Today I went back to do a simple run of DS on my ele shammy. My dps was horribad no matter what I changed my rotation into. Either Noxxic lied or Im missing something major with this spec. How have other ele shammies fared so far? Also, Im worried about our fire choices as searing is a very bad thing in some fights eg spine and so are the other 2 options . Can't we have a passive fire totem that just buffs?Darkwren5 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 Crazy enhance PvP burst macro Hey guys, I was messing around on my shammy, and my fav spec to say the least has got to be enhance. The biggest problem I've found while playing enhance, is the inability to force defensive cd's on healers, or make other classes worry about being "afraid" of us. They just pop all their burst and ignore their own health bar. Its mostly a mind game with PvP. When a healer see's a Rogue or Death Knight, there's a bit of fear factor involved. "Oh !@#$, I gotta play good and time my defensives or I'm screwed". For enhance, there isn't. But in MOP, I believe we can climb up the ladder in the scare score. I've not exactly invented this, but I've found it to be absolutely nuts if done at the right time and used during a capacitor totem stun or hex with 5 stacks of searing totem /use (PvP Damage Trinket) /cast (Elemental Mastery) /cast (Blood Fury- If you're orc) /cast (Feral Spirit) /cast (Fire Elemental) /cast (Ascendance) /cast (Stormlash Totem) /cast (Heroism/Bloodlust) -For giggles Watch your opponent, just completely DROP like a sack of potatoes. I've literally 100-10% a healer before they could even react to the amount of damage incoming. and thats only at 85 without ascendance. Imagine the insanity at 90. Everything on the macro is an instant cast. Some are off global, but some of them take up a global cd, so I suggest spamming the button a couple times until everything's popped before you begin your slaughter. Stormlash totem is crazy good for burst. I'm not sure if it buffs your wolves and elemental, but your damage buffed alone is insane enough. And I guess to say the least, the morality of using fire elemental has been changed, since it's usable in arena at this point. But enough of that. Feel free to test it out yourself. :DImpáct0 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 If I decide to roll a shaman How is the healing spec? And what's it called again? How is healing dungeons? Raids? Arenas? BGS? What heirlooms for him?Trabeth14 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 5.04 = good Good job blizz on revamping the totem mechanics. I was concerned where this was going, but very nice. The implementation of totems as CDs is very helpful, since we previously lacked CDs to pop and dropping the previous totems took time away from our uptime as a dps or healz. Since patch 5.04, elemental shamans are much better in PvP, since I am consistently beating all classes in duels now with the exception of shadow priest. I hope that our healing and totem abilities scale with us to 90 as we are in a good place now although I still have doubts about our use in arenas due to lack of CCs and ability to be controlled (although i could be wrong). My single target dps dropped slightly with this patch in my pve gear which is disconcerting. Changes I would like to see: A totem bar for quick use of totems. (The current drop out menu is too time consuming. I keybind, but it takes too many slots on my action bar) Please make the new ghostwolf form smaller. It's too big and looks like we are running in slow-mo. Spirit Hawk form - Similar to ghost wolf in appearance but allows flight. (I know, wishful thinking here)Draeman1 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 Enhance damage suffered 20% loss Welp, my damage is trash now. Any other heroic geared Enh Shamans notice this? Pre-patch, I would do about 43k DPS sustained, no cooldown, on single target. Now I'm doing somethink like 30-33k. Lightning Bolt used to hit for 25k, now it hits for 14-15k. Storm Strike double crit was about 45k, now it's closer to 30~k. Gg. Take a mediocre spec and make it worse.Madnbad46 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 Why so many upset PvP Enhance? After browsing through the shaman forums and the beta class forums, I've noticed a bunch of PvP enhance complaints. Why is this? We're mostly unchanged from Cata besides the addition of many cooldown totems, and we weren't really great to begin with. The only nerf off the top of my head is the Wind Shear cooldown but everyone else's interrupt also got nerfed.Vekter26 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 Stat Importance So I have a shaman that is almost level 85 and I'm not sure what the stat importance is. So if someone could tell me the stat importance for a PVE restoration shammy from greatest to least. And then same for enhancement for a PVE shammy. Thank youArak2 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 Haste for Enhancement I've noticed most people are saying haste is edging out mastery for us atm, but I'm not entirely sure why. What exactly did they change for us so haste is now viable? *edit Also while I'm posting, I read before the panda patch that Frostbrand would act like flametongue and increase lava lash dmg, but i havent read anything about it, any conformation?Necotas1 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 Glyph of Healing Mist(minor for HR) The Glyph of Healing Mist-Minor Glyph Your healing rain is now an instant cast ability but it has a 20 second cooldown. Why? Because it makes conductivity a viable talent. For Enh/Ele we dont have time to sit there and cast for 2 seconds before throwing up a less than average heal. having this be a minor talent(one that doesnt buff/nerf one that simply changes an ability like what we have already) would open up a lot more versatility in the ability allowing it to be used a lot more often and giving its talent some meaning for the rest of the class. And on a side note a prime glyph could be increasing the area by 100% but decreasing the healing by 30% As always share your thoughts below. And how come yall never welcomed me back =(Streetguru6 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 TOO MANY KEYBINDS Shaman is BY FAR my favorite class, I enjoy playing them the most. But seriously I DO NOT WANT OVER 9000 KEYBINDS!!.. As my main spec enhance it's not TOO bad if I chose talents that I could macro with other abilities (like ancestral guidance+spirit wolves) but as ele? OMFG >Stone Bulwark Totem >Healing Tide Totem >Capacitor Totem >Fire Ele Totem >Earth Ele Totem >Tremor Totem >Earthbind Totem >Searing Totem >Healing Stream Totem ALL ON TOP of all of my damaging ability keybinds???? It's insane, I have a warlock that doesn't even need as many keybinds. And yes 95% of these totems need keybinding to be useful... I'm bo no means a hardcore player but so many keybinds is frustrating and makes it hard to enjoy my favorite class. SO YES, another thread full of complaining I apologise, If no one complains it'l never get changed and IMO it definitely need changing.Panavision28 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 Glyph of Unleashed Lightning for Enh? Was wondering what the Shaman community thought of the use of the Glyph of Unleashed Lightning for Enhance. -Your Lightning Bolt takes 5% longer to cast, but may be cast while moving. My reasoning is, we maelstrom to make our LB instant anyway so we wouldn't be hampered in the same way an Ele shaman would be for taking this, but on fights with mobility it would give us another button to push while moving between bosses and our Ascendance is down. Just sounds like a helpful thing to glyph now but if there are reasons against it, I'm all ears. Let me know! Greatmother GeyahGeyah46 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 State of Enhancement. So I played my Enh Shaman for the first real time today since 5.0.4. It's hard to describe but, It felt as if the spec was kind of broken, one thing I've noticed is the spec now has a crazy amount of (non-rotation) cooldowns that need to be micro-managed: Spiritwalker's Grace Spirit Walk Ancestral Guidance Healing Stream Totem Earthbind Totem Tremor Totem Searing Totem Stormlash Totem Capacitator Totem Grounding Totem Stone Bulwark Totem Call of the Elements Feral Spirits And when MoP hits, Ascendence/Whatever level 90 talent you chose. I'm sure there are probably one or two that I've missed. These all have cooldowns ranging from 30 sec - 5min. And yes some of these are dependent on which talents you chose but I can't see there being better choices then these ones for PvP. At first I was kind of excited about the changes to Totems, but now I'm feeling overwhelmed like I have to learn a whole new class, also, the actual damaging combat abilities used by Enhance haven't changed at all, leaving it feeling kind of boring and the 'cooldown heavy rotation' problem actually a lot worse. This is just my 2 cents, let me know what you think about our refurbished spec?Wheezie8 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 Level as enhance or ele faster? ive tried both these leveling specs. enhance in ICC enhance gear and ele in random resto gear(which btw adds abt 30% hit for some reason) i had back in the day. and ele seems to work much better for clearing mobs quickly.enh mana seems to drop like a fly and require the constant use of shamanistic rage and waaaaay too many buttons. anyone have any opinions abt leveling? or shud i just play whatever spec while levelling? PS: ive never, from the first time i started playing in 2006, seen so much QQ abt shammy stuff. calm down pplz!Kraxe5 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 Quality of Life changes IMO After playing on the PTR and now live, I have a few quality of life changes I would like to see as a Shaman for patch 5.0+. Community feed back appreciated :) General: 1. Remove Global Cool downs on all totems. -I like pressing buttons, I cant if they all go gray for a second after throwing a awesome stick in the mud. 2. Ghost wolf speed boost. -I really like Ghost wolf being back to instant cast in all 3 specs. But why do we need to glyph for the speed boost when you cant really out run anyone at 100% normal speed anyway? 3. Mana -ADDITIONAL PYLONS REQUIRED (I run out of mana in all three specs relatively easy and the lack of a real replenishment source hurts. Mana tide is spec specific. (Telluric Currents 2% for lightning bolt just cancels the cost of Lighting bolt for Elemental or Restoration.) 4. Glyphs -Not a lot of fun glyphs or even really useful glyphs for the damage specs. Could use a glyph for raid wide water walking, tie dye Feral spirit pets, a damage increase, or something. Unleashed lightning now feels dirty to use with a negative haste impact for lightning bolt. (Why do glyphs need to Nerf damage......and not just make them unique) Restoration: 1. Mana -Needs better MP5 or maybe I was spoiled by Telluric Currents power feeding me mana. 2. Earthshield -Dispel able! Elemental: 1. Mana -Needs better MP5. 10% mana back from Telluric Currents would work in my book. 2. Damage -Cannot really judge until t14 lvl 90. Enhancement: 1.Mana -Mental Quickness needs a buff. In raids I do not run out of mana often, however, in pvp I can oom simply by trying to catch someone kitting me. A surge heal here, a few frost shocks there, and using ghost wolf quickly burns 20k mana. When I do reach my target, the 4-5 seconds up time I get only restores around 3k mana. 2.Feral Spirit -removed the stun for capacitor (which is cool) -nerfed the spirit walk immunity for 4 seconds. Use Spirit walk to remove a snare, just to be insta snared again by spam able abilities. -Cannot macro Feral Spirit and Spirit walk as a use at the same time. 3. Damage -Cannot really judge until t14 lvl 90. Anyone else feel the same or am I just going a little crazy?Batmat3 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 The state of Enhancement. I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same but this expansion I feel very let down. No longer can I control what target my Spirit Wolves attack(to be honest, this is a gamebreaker for me), my totems are all situational making the playstyle more chaotic and in my opinion potentially hindering max DPS all while still blowing GCD's, our mobility has been completely nerfed to the ground, and as a PVP spec it's just nowhere near as viable as it was which wasn't really all that great to begin with. I see a lot of replies about "Ascendance" and level 90 balancing, but that's not nearly what I'm getting at. It seems an entire playstyle has been forgotten and replaced with an even heavier support role than before, and to be honest it has little appeal to me. Pre-5.0.4 it was the most fun spec. The playstyle was great, in fact the only thing that I could complain about was how clunky searing totem was. Now, it seems like the spec is far too utility and situation based rather than the fun, run & gun playstyle it had been. So my question is, does anyone else feel this way? And do you think Blizz will ever give this spec the fine tuning it's deserved since Wrath? At the moment, it's beyond discouraging, I feel duped and let down. Even more-so since I was foolish enough to agree to the Annual Pass. This has really discouraged my desire to even play or purchase MoP. My favorite playstyle seems to have been lost among this idea of more simpler talent trees and skills, all while feeling even more chaotic and overwhelming than it had been prior.Zionize36 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 11, 2012 Enhancement PvP: Why Complain? By no means is this a post to get people to stop complaining, but rather, a Q & A discussion to understand the full scope of the problem. I've seen a whole ton of complaints about Enhancement in general, such as totems turning into utility CDs, Ascendance being plain crap, too many keybinds, class changing entirely, and ectetera. People are complaining, but oddly enough, I don't see what they are talking about. With the totem changes we got a whole new set of utility so we don't have to waste totems on passive buffs, which I feel is a giant plus to the class. Yes, it's game-play changing, but really, did everyone expect their class to not change with the heavily revised talent tree and glyphs? Our mobility seems okay, since we got spirit walk as an extra mobility impairment breaker, which was taken off of Spirit Wolves so we have no need to pop other CDs to reach it. Ascendance for Enhance can really throw a wrench in a kiter's plan, as far as I can see. Even with most of this, I really don't see much change in my playstyle from Cata to MoP, other than a few sweet CDs I can bust in a pinch, which helps to only increase the viability of the class. So what problems are there with Enhance PvP? Seriously?Mozax11 Sep 11, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 I'm confused. So, was just in an AB getting gbanged at mines. Was trying to escape so I pop'd capacitor totem and relocated it with like 1.5 seconds left till it exploded. Put it right on this hunter that I frost shocked who was chasing me and bam... MISS, not a lag miss or anything but it actually said "MISS" on my screen... needless to say I instantly quit the BG and logged out with disgust. I have almost 7% hit chance. Wtf Blizz? Not only do you give us a piece of turd stun totem that can be one shot by any class, but it now requires a 7%+ hit chance to not miss! GG Blizz, GeeGee.Rollinz2 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Looking for 2.2k+Enh Shammy's to give insight I have just gotten this shaman to 85, I seem to be doing fairly well as enhance. I know what all of the skills do, and (for the most part) the optimal time when to use them vs specific classes/comps and what my strongest comps are... But i would like to meet/greet with some high rated shamans to get some definitive insight and (hopefully) improve my game or perhaps see things from a different perspective. I consider myself a very good player (go ahead and search my achieves, i don't think i even have 1750 but this is a ... mule.. account?). Feel free to use Arena jargon and speak at leisure, i'll ask question as necessary. What is the general concesus for ENH 5.-.4? Right now my faith is entirely enveloped in Warr/Enh/Rdruid. in 2's, Hpally/enh or MW/Enh. don't tell me to respec, The pros managed to take the worst classes to 3k and I am to do the same! However, through a mass of speculation, enh actually seems very strong and viable. I may take interest in ele later, but for now my attention is ENH!Marazan1 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 All the qq Resto is boss atm. I get consistently 7-8mil heals on average in gilneas (current call to arms) and out do every other healer I run into regardless of class. I can handle any situation with using totems. Stacking mastery i get 80-100k healing surge crits on the regular like its nothing, and never go oom when i use healing wave and healing stream. Its just insane honestly. When ascendance comes its going to be absolutely retarded really. I also have a rdruid and disc/holy priest and neithier of them really compare. Druid does very well right now but nerfs are incoming for sure, and their survive ability isnt as strong after tree goes down. Disc has major mana issues across the board, and spirit shell is the only way to survive heavy onslaught. The only thing about disc that is appealing is attunement anyway. Ele is fun, big burst and can solo a healer if you do it just right without peels. I dont see why everyone is crying, they say ele burst capabilities have gone down, but when ascendance comes we will be able to go nuts and it will be an insane cd. People are dumb, do they know that all the totem buffs are now passive, whats wrong with that? Healing stream is actually GOOD now, and doubling down on bubble totem and healing stream in tight situations (as well as root/stun for those pesky melee--and giving rogues a taste of their own medicine) is awesome. The only thing that worries me is that most people dont realize that healing tide totem is a thing, so when I pop it they must think its mana tide and dont bother with it. Its essentially tranq or divine hymm but you dont have to cast it, so there isnt a risk of being deathgripped or interrupted out of it, but once people realize that they will go after it hard. Anyway, I think shamans are in a good place and I just might main the dude in mopJonnywaffles6 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Relocating totems If i had to guess i would say devs have developed the relocating totem talent with the old totem model in mind. Then the new totem model came in and with situational and very very short timers this talent is literaly useless now... Don't you agree?Serenity8 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 New Shaman Spec There was elemental... There was restoration... There was enhancement... But now, I am a SUBTLETY SHAMAN. Apparently my main spec is subtlety and my secondary spec is elemental. Haha. I hope I can stealth and shoot lightning bolts at the same time. Screenshot just in case this bug gets fixed... http://s649.photobucket.com/albums/uu219/ruarie8/?action=view&current=Screenshot2012-09-07at95523AM.pngPhø1 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 quick question (enh) so what is the point in the glyph of lava lash? it no longer spreads flame shock? so why use the glyph? is there something im missing?Elementium4 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 i just..cant..do it So my guild may need a shaman in MoP for heroism and I volunteered to step up to the plate and finish leveling my shaman (currently 84) i absolutely hate the changes! OMG why did they take away one of the best things to happen to shaman ever? I now have to lay down my totems one by one again!? I dont think I could manage to get half a level to 85 much less level to 90 and raid. the talents seem to be extreme situational utility. Nothing feels like it can work well in any given situation and i'm being forced to stock up on dust to switch talents after every single pull. as someone who didnt play much of his shaman this entire expansion I can imagine how faithful shaman players must feelZoinoid21 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Searing flames in pvp...... So I've been doing a lot of research into enh for the next expansion and I came across the passive "Searing Flames," this passive grants our searing totem to apply a stacking debuff up to 5 on the enemy target that increases damage done by our Flametongue weapon by 8% per stack, that is HUGE! But if we're supposed to be using Frostbrand we lose that increased damage. I know there is a conflict with us enh at the moment because people think we will be imbue weaving on top of totem weaving. That's WAY too many buttons. I don't want to sound like a whiner but I've been playing shaman my whole WoW experience and it always seems like there is a fundamental flaw with shaman at any given point in time. I don't expect us to be super OP like mages, but when I play my alts I feel like they are more balanced and lack these type of mechanical issues.Oakentotem6 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Elemental DPS in MoP doesn't look good. http://www.simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html I realize these are still not finalized, but we're close enough now to release that this really bugs me. There is a HUGE gap between the top dps and Elemental shamans and I am not looking forward to the coming expansion. We could use some buffs. All three mage specs are in the top 5 whereas Elemental shaman isn't even in the same bracket (I also realize that's probably just a formatting flaw). Still. Not excited at all.Bromosexual24 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Back after nearly 2 years of not playing I'm getting ready for MOP, and was wondering what would be a good place to start leveling? And is the resto build a good way to go for solo leveling (will be doing this about 80-90% of my playing time) and the occassional 5-man?Chaac0 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Elemental T12 2pc not working. currently the t12 2pc bonus for elemental shaman seems to not be working correctly. I been using myu t12 for more uptime on my fire elemtal in convination with the glyph that brings it to 2 mins, but no matter how many thuderbolts i cast it does not reduced the CD by even one sec. has anyone else noticed this?Draeneibabe2 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Glyphs 101 Is there a primer on glyphs for dummies, ideally enh shammy dummies? Are glyphs all purchased/begged off of guildies or whatever? Can I get a glyph and inscribe it to either major or minor?Trollaifina0 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 How to heal in MoP (new pocketguide v1) Figured I'd get the ball rolling on this now and keep it updated as we travel through another expac. This guide will be updated as we go into MoP- to include things like how to deal with certain situations etc (in other words- more in depth). So, a lot has changed since the last patch. We now have: A static mana pool All totems are situational- no more buff totems What seems like less choices in the talents department- but I also see where a lot of talents could be used A 15% auto spell hit on certain spells Your water shield and earth living weapon lasts an hour now-----oooooooo Chain heal no longer consumes riptide....double oooooo 1. The standard rules apply: A. Don’t heal stupid. You don’t have unlimited mana/regen anymore. B. Speak up: if your tank is handling more than you can feasibly handle: tell them! C. Remember tier 11 healing? Yeah it’s back to that for who knows how long. If you have glyphed riptide, save the spam for movement based fights. D. You do not have to keep everyone topped off. 2. Some new rules: A. See that hunter way in the back? Yeah, he has no minimum range now, if the fight requires stacking- tell the hunter to stack. Doesn’t wanna listen? See “The standard rules apply- subsection A.” B. You can glyph for an instant riptide now. Need to move? Riptide while moving. It’s better than nothing. C. Once again- totems are situational. Reiteration and some new stuff: In my last guide, I went over the basics as far as healing tier 11 heroics went, my suggestion- stick to it until you know what you can handle. To reiterate: Earth shield tank Water shield yourself (with luck, you’ll only have to do this once) Make sure earth living weapon is on Riptide tank Healing wavex 2- small damage heal Greater healing wave followed by healing wave for big damage Riptide someone else (the point is to keep the buff up) Etc This is- obviously- for single target. Now, for AoE healing (and assuming your hunter realizes they can shoot at point blank now): If at least 4 people are taking damage: 1. Fight that requires grouping: Healing rain, healing stream totem (for heavier AOE, I suggest dropping spirit link also). 2. Fight that requires spreading- my suggestion: Riptide spam everyone, chain heal (if you took healing tide totem, I can see this coming in handy- just remember it has a 3 minute cool down). Remember- you have spirit walkers grace if you have to move and heal at the same time.Jujubiju5 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 Question about t10 shoulders. Anyone know if they still do that stag graphic?Skrappydu3 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 thunderstorm Why is the Thunderstorm animation so small now? Or at least it is on tauren. It just looks plain weird and stupid being so small on tauren. Has anyone else noticed this?Hugmonster1 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 How is Resto so Good? Today I was playing some battlegrounds like usual in Eye of the Storm when I stumbled upon about 5-10 of my teammates focusing this resto shammy and they couldn't kill him. I tried silencing but it was no use. It felt like he was invincible. After a few minutes we finally downed him but I was shocked that a Shaman survived that long. All through the vast depths of the WoW forums I saw countless QQ Shaman forums. Later in that battleground I found him sitting in the Mage Tower with an healer priest (not sure which spec) and they turtled inside that little hub and survived quite a while. Me and a few teammates would go in and try to kill them and to no avail. Of course they were eventually killed but that does not matter. I am just wondering, how did he survive so long by himself?Laddershot6 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 15 Days! Until I can make a Monk and stop getting F'd in the A by Blizz on my Shaman.Panavision3 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 The totem changes- best advice I can give You know, I rolled shammy for the whirlygigs myself, however, I'm willing to work with the changes. I'm not going to complain because "OMG, there's no totems anymore to drop." Considering all totems are situational now, I'll give you the best advice I can as far as getting used to the change: Step one: Trade off whatever keybind you had for your calls for something else. The 1 button used to be where all of my calls were bound. Now I have my LB bound there. #showtooltip Lightning Bolt /castsequence [@mouseovertarget, harm] [@mouseover, harm] [@targettarget, harm] [harm] Lightning Bolt Casts LB on the target that your tank is on. Step 2: Get your fingers/brain into the habit of not having to always throw your totems down. My HST, for instance, I've started getting into the habit of throwing down when I have more than 3 people taking damage. RT spam + HST= purely situational. Step 3: Combine your cooldown into modifier macros. For example: #showtooltip /cast [nomod] Mana Tide Totem /cast [mod:shift] Spirit Link Totem /cast [mod:ctrl]Healing Tide Totem is bound to my 4 button. All are on a longer cooldown, so it makes sense- to me at least- to bind them to a similar button/macro. They are on my 4 button because my thumb only uses that button (naga mouse) when I know I'm going to use one of those totems but they are also a common bind for me. These: #showtooltip /cast [nomod] Tremor Totem /cast [mod:shift] Stoneclaw Totem /cast [mod:ctrl] Grounding Totem are completely situational and are bound to a button I don't use as often- my 6 button. What I'm saying is it takes time to get used to the changes. It's not going to happen overnight. Just be glad you didn't have to spend hundreds of gold to re-reforge your gear for a stat your class never used before.Jujubiju1 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 10, 2012 What we need to realize. Ok everyone is complaining about how well we perform at 85 compared to other classes in healing and dps. What we need to realize is our numbers are going to be low. 85 is no longer relavent the numbers for this level mean jack. We are balanced around being level 90 and, at level 90 we have two things: Ascendance, and our level 90 talents. Acendance is a HUGE part of our dps its a big cooldown that puts out A LOT of damage or healing. Our level 90 talents also offer a huge boost to our output. We all need to stop complaining and jumping off the deepend because our dps is lower than 4.3, or our healing is worse (which chances are if your healing is lower you haven't quite adapted to the new way of playing). Not a single post that I have read has seemed constructive or informative (of course exaggerating a little bit there are some) more are just mindless garble about how blizzard has ruined my class, and that I am just gonna reroll this narrow-mind-ed-ness is the reason why shaman have not gotten the time of day from devs (even though we have gotten a few buffs). We can't say anything for sure until MoP comes out, we are level 90 and are getting into real and current content. So stop complaining. Also a side note for healer shaman... if you feel like you are weaker remember we are at the end of the tier with all the nerfs that have gone through and the better gear our mastery becomes worth less and less as there are fewer times when the damage dives into the extreme. Our healing is stronger than what it was. Use your totems, for the love of god use your totems.Bodacity3 Sep 10, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 In Regards to Elemental It's not fun waiting for lava burst procs while tanking melee and hoping that you get enough to kill them.Palroth4 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Is resto 5.0.4+ fun? Hello shamans, I've decided to finally get around to leveling this toon, and I need a little advice on speccing. I plan on rolling ele in pvp (despite how bad it might end up lol) but I can't decide on a pve spec. I would like to heal, but I worried that resto doesn't look that fun. It seems like its just using the same 3 or 4 spells the whole time. If it is I wouldn't have much of a problem trying out enhance pve. Looking for opinions :)Nozzles9 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 My fire elemental The stupid thing just follows me around like a lost puppy even when there's a boss 1 inch from its face. Am I missing something or are they broken atm? I only see it fighting maybe 1/10th of the times I use it.Tokeezzikz1 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Enhance pve stat priority So I have been doing some research and I can't find a clear winner. Is haste better then mastery now or is mastery still better then haste? Also should lightning bolt be used as a filler with 2-3 MW stacks or wait till 5? If anyone could clarify this for me would be much appreciated.Innersbrah4 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 To Blizzard: Enhancement PVP Concerns This is listed in the order of importance, and ofcourse this is my opinion. Spirit Walk- Please bring back the immunity for a short period of time after using the ability. It seems that I'm almost always instantly snared after using it, makes it feel like a very useless ability. Capacitor Totem + Totemic Projection- When Projecting Capacitor totem its really hard to predict where it will land. Right now totems are placed in a square. It might solve it to make the square smaller, perhaps only after projecting them? Ghost Wolf- Make Glyph of Ghost Wolf Baseline please. Feral Spirit- I dont want control over them. What I do want is for tremor totem to work on them as well. Rockbiter- This ability is interesting when unleashed, and used with Unleashed Fury. But switching to it mid fight is very clunky to say the least. Here are the steps: 1.Imbue it on one or both weapons, or switch to a weapon that already has it imbued. 2.Use unleash elements 3.Switch back to your previous weapon imbue. This sounds simple, but in the middle of ANY fight (Arena, BGs, PVE) its ALOT more clunky. First of all you cant do it while stunned, so it becomes useless in that scenario. It also requires two global cooldowns to imbue both weapons and another to actually activate the ability (3 globals in total), and then two more to switch back. Weapon Imbues in general are very clunky, maybe giving them their own global cooldown would help? Mana- I seem to be going oom fairly quickly. I'm not saying give us an infinite mana resource, but please increase our mana return from Mental Quickness, or increase the chance to 60%. Thank you for reading this.Tuhz2 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 [Enhancement PvP] Is haste our salvation? I recently reforged all crit to haste, leaving mastery as is on my gear (probably not updated yet on armory). This left me at 22.82% haste in PvP gear. When I get flurry up, which is always up, i have 48.61% and with flurry and unleash wind I have 122.91% haste While I am not sure of the numbers before patch (reforged out of haste like it was the plague) I found that I had significantly higher amounts of maelstrom weapon procs (it might have been just me paying better attention) and due to this I was able to get more heals and more lightning bolts off in a shorter time period. I was gaining more mana back in a shorter time period too but I still feel as if storm strike cost way too much (stormstrike should be free; if we can't do a SS we are useless). Does haste affect Searing Totems attack speed? What about healing stream totem (for enhance that is, i'm pretty sure it does for resto)?Okay2 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 We are alone. Seems every other class is completely fine with their PvP niche. Enhance shamans are universally in tears or denial. Could this be because people who play Enhance are bad or just whiners? Or did blizz badly screw up enhance?Bobomikse2 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 What the heck are shield charges? I just started a shaman, and i'm so confused what shield charges are. And what is fulmination? I thought charges were like, the amount of times a shield can proc before being recast, but it seems as though my thing just automatically recharges charges... And what does it mean 'having shield charges active' for fulmination. I dont really get this all... thanks in advance. :DGnuby3 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Low lvl pvp concern for enh shaman pls fix enhance shammy, i used to lvl through BGs, i hate BGs now. dmg is so low, no good bursts of dps, healers do more 3x more dmg (compared to all dps actually) it takes me all my cooldowns to even put a dent into a healer, srsly 1 heal and their back at full health, wtf i honestly feel enh shammy is the weakest class in pvp at low lvls, dont know about 85 though pls nerf healers and do something about this low dmgOpvr2 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Micro Manage Currently I'm trying to hold back making judgments about the changes until lvl 90 but what i'm finding to be the most aggravating change is all the totems and cool downs. The last patch when I looked at my play style, macros and what I was actually casting i'm finding that this patch is now bombarded with CD's and anxiety over totem use. There is so many CD's now that it's making me spend more time worrying about what things I need to be using than actually enjoying PVPing. So to deal with the problem I just made macros blending all kinds of things together in the hopes that while it's not the best thing always it will at least get some use instead of just wasting it. CD's Ancestral Guidence 2 minutes Call of the Elements 3 minutes Elemental Mastery 2 minutes Feral Spirit 2 minutes Shamanistic Rage 1 minute Spirit Walk 2 minutes Spirit Walkers Grace 2 minutes LVL 90: Ascendance 3 minute Then you have your totems which of course you have to use for situational purposes, Earth Grab Totem Stone Bulwark Totem Stormlash Totem Capacitor Totem Searing Totem Tremor Totem Healing Stream Totem Grounding Totem Then you have all your abilities: Shock Spells MS Weapon Stormstrike Lava Lash Hex Unleash Elements Then your trinkets which you need to macro in with your other abilities and your lightning shield you constantly have to re-apply. I mean who decided this would be a great idea? .................... IHavvokk2 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 Enhancement Hit Rating I've been away from the game for some time now and I've just come back. I have noticed a lot of Enhancement Shaman running with much less then 17% hit. What did I miss?Kuranei4 Sep 9, 2012
Sep 9, 2012 DPS sucks, Help? Since patch my dps has went to hell. Yes I get I have a mix of pvp/ Pve gear that is because I was mostly pvp'ing and I am working on the pve gear. BUT my stats are about where all the different sites and articles suggest they should be so why is my DPS so low? My boomkin is knocking out 77-89k crits, this guy is not even close!Thorstorm12 Sep 9, 2012