Shaman

Jun 24, 2012 I want to like my Shaman... and continue to play him in MoP, but I feel as if to do that would limit my enjoyment. I assumed we'd be able to play in a situation where Totems were more reasonable. Their limitations in geography were acceptable because you really shouldn't have them out constantly. They were a lot more situational. But then we got a relocation talent. And a whole tier (6 maybe) where everything is totem oriented. And Prime Elementalist which basically hammers home to me that Blizzard doesn't play a Shaman. This final talent is so absurd I don't know how best to describe it. If pets were phones, the other 4 classes have a Verizon cell phone, and Shaman have a cordless phone. We can move with it, but not really beyond your yard. I feel like (and on this one I just may be misinformed) our defensive CD was/is basically what we had in BC. Its more active than it used to be, but what they "gave us" was basically what they took from us once because it "didn't work as intended." It drives me nuts. We still don't get swords, and this seems like a minor point but its indicative of the larger problem with Shaman and that is Blizzard makes decisions as if this were Vanilla - but we're not the same Shaman we were then. Nerfs in Vanilla made sense. These days we're viable, not overpowered. No one is using Thunderfury with Windfury - give us more options. I love shaman for what they are. They occupy a great place in philosophy and lore, I really love the hybrid of Mages and Druids, but its a stillborn idea that doesn't seem to quite come to fruition. My other major problem is that I don't know what else to play, but I hate being the person who sticks around in an abusive relationship hoping it gets better. (its obviously not on that scale, but you get the idea). I don't know, how do you guys feel about Shaman going into MoP.Thundahstahm11 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 The Last Airbenders I fully realize that Blizzard is not going to change any rotations or add new attacks, so before I start, I mean to say; that is -not- exactly what I'm talking about. Now, we shamans are supposed to be the masters of the four elements, correct? That means it should -look- like we are just that. What I mean is the fact that the majority of our attacks are focused too much on one key element per spec, such as fire being the main for elemental. Even though lightning has been classed "nature" damage the same way air has, it is still fire. Lightning is fire in its purest form, like a stone-cold fire I'd say. Elemental looks like the fire spec, enh being the semi-mix, and resto being the water spec. Each spec needs to be more balanced with each element. For example, Earth Shock looks like green lightning, which is cool, but its supposed to be an earth attack. So you could change that to Earth Strike or something and have the shaman hurl a sizable boulder at their face. That looks like earth now. Or with AIR ESPECIALLY, there is nowhere -near- enough air...being seen. Windfury is great, it looks nice and is easy to make out as an air spell. That's one, and it's a proc. Wind shear looks almost like green frost or something, and isn't much of an attack. The unleash elements spell uses windfury as a barely visible gust of air on your shaman for half a second, and throws their weapon. It'd make a lot more sense to have a funnel of air around the shaman, and around that thrown weapon as well, or just have him blast them with a gust of air. What I'm meaning to say by all of this, is that each spec seems a bit too focused on a single element, and that puts shaman closer to mages than it does to being the master of the elements. I'm not asking for any new spells...at all, that's just stupid of me. I'm simply asking you to change the appearance of one or two of them, just to make the shaman seem more well-rounded, that they can call on any element in battle. That's what makes a shaman. Lemme know what you think, guys.Eurychluus14 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 2H Enhance BRING IT BACK! That is all. :(Vithy16 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Elemental Shaman addOn Hello gamers! The reason why I'm writing here is to ask you about an addOn i've been trying to find but with no success. All the videos I've watched so far regarding elemtanl shamans I've seen that when they have their Lava Burst reset a figure appears in the screen. At first I thought it was a default setting of the game but it isn't. If anyone knows which one is the name of that addOn I would be very grateful if you let me know it. Regards!Aeritz5 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 PvP furyocity! I dont have much time to play now-a-days imo, but ive always wanted to Enhance PVP and always thought it might be cool. Now that I finaly got my shaman maxxed to 85 im looking at the leader boards for rated battlegrounds and the highest Enhance Shaman is ranked 242 Duneylune from Rampage! it kind os scares me, whats going on? seems all shamy's now-a-days are only healing...?Splintbane4 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Goblin Shaman Names I'm rolling a goblin shaman and I need good or funny names please.Barkenik8 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 How is enhancements pvp damage in MoP? With the release of PvP s12 pvp gear is enhancement tearing it up with ascendance are you able to go toe to toe with other classes much better than before?Keekz6 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Resto PvE - Now and MoP Im looking to make a new healing class. How are resto shammys supposed to be in MoP PvE wise?Sacredhealz2 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 PVP resto help hey guys. so i need help to reach +2000 rating in 3s!! i play with a shadow priest and an unholy dk. we reach 1900 with a little struggling but no huge issues. after 1900 we started to lose so easy against anyone we meet. and my partners blame it on me! they say i need an addon that tells me whats happening like Gladiatorlossa and i need macros. but i can already see what they are casting from the regular arena enemy bars in the game and i can do shocks/wind shear. but the problem is im not able to keep up my partners everytime. they use cd's properly. and i call out when to use the cds. but still they die so easy for example my dk partner die so easy against rmp or any time with mage / rogue in it. i get cc'd so easily but what can i do? i cant los and leave my parterns not healed and die!!! i use grounding and stonclaw totem and my gear is properly enchant/gemmed i think but you guys can check it. i also dispell everything i can except unstable affliction of course!! please help!! i want to reach +2000 rating in 3s as soon as possible!! if possible i need advices and everything you guys can help with!! thanks a lot guysSkelx2 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Lvl 70 resto shaman So i've decided to twink out my shaman. but since i didn't pvp at all back in TBC i have no idea what gear should i get to make me heal the best. so if any1 could give me some pointers or point me in the right direction to a site i would be truly gratefulGrevil2 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Wind... the lost element OK this post is for me to see if there are more out there that think like me. i know that lighting is somehow related to the wind element, but i really feel like if we had lost that element to the druids, beside a few totems, the windfury weapon and wind shear, we dont have good wind skills and most of them go unnoticed when you use them. I know that we will be able to turn into an air ascendant in mop for a few secs but thats only for enhancement, druids have a lot of impressive wind skills and they are getting a massive vortex too (they can use those abilities in all spec) , that is a bit sad as we see everyday mayor lore shamans using impressive skills that involves tornados and stuff, for example slow fall, it is weird that we comand the element of wind and we still fall like rocks. Back in the battle for undercity you had thrall calling for the wind spirits to cleanse the plague or slow fall the elevator, in the goblins starting area u also see thrall turning ppl into a massive tornado that shoots lighting around, he helps players with the wind´s power in the madness of deathwing encounter as well. In Twilight highlands you see that dwarf shaman slow fall you when the tentacles drop you off the gryphon, the same shaman summon wind elementals in deepholme when you interrogate the fat ogre. The are also trash in the hagara encounter that are clearly shamans and they summon tornados that go around doing damage to players or that Shana (you know the last big tauren in the end of that trash) she is a shaman and she summons a big vortex that pulls people to its center. By no means i am trying to say that druids dont deserve those skills, and i dont have any problem with them, but i have been playing a shaman for almost two years and i would like to feel like a complete shaman someday, master of the elements (all of them), developers could one day give us any of those abilities, idk maybe a tornado that moves around us knocking people in the air (that could help our survival specialy for elemental shamans) or the slow fall with some cool wind animation (what harm it will do to the balance? ) Share what you think guys and sorry for my bad english lolMirilandel7 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Trying to heal Heroics Okay, check out my gear real quick: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Phreq/simple The dungeon finder says I have the required item level to participate in heroics, however, whenever I queue up for some, I get mocked at for having low-level gear. What am I doing wrong? Should I finish my tier 12 pieces from jp? Or is that going overboard? What am I doing wrong?Phreq12 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 The most frustrating thing about Shamans... Is how my searing totem isn't freaking invulnerable. Seriously I feel like every dungeon as soon as I put it down, I gotta put it right back up because the damn NPC kills it, they need to make a glyph that makes searing totem unattackable by NPCs during instances QQ what frustrates you guys?Voodood8 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Shamans I have recently returned from a long break from wow to play MOP and am torn between a druid and a Shaman.<br/><br/>a few questions about current shamans if you dont mind.<br/><br/>1. How strong are ele shamans <br/>2. are they still as much fun as they were in bc/beginning of wrath<br/>3. how do the look in mop<br/>4. why is a shaman better than a druid.<br/><br/>thanks for your time.Xpliciit6 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Chain Heal and Lootreaver! Wow, remember those days? Sometimes I wish I could turn back time. BC had Shamen as the Gods of Healing.Luni10 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Elemental Shaman Mana fix NEEDED NOW Credentials: I was the highest rated elemental shaman last season at 2850 in 3v3 in the worst patch elemental has had in a very long time, I also competed at many tournaments over the past year including Blizzcon. I feel as if I know more about the the limits of the elemental spec then the average player would as I have played it at the high end for a very long time. The changes made to elemental shamans in the last patch were quite good and brought elemental shaman right where they needed to be damage wise in pvp; however with nothing done to improve mana efficiency which leaves the spec crippled. Being able to pick up rolling thunder and using lightning shield is very good for damage but it made our mana issues worse then they already were. I have been able to play many games of arena at this point on the tournament realm and rolling thunder mana really only feels like it will pay for the mana spent on the lightning bolt itself casting any other spell brings you closer to being oom without any way to recover mana. Our mana issues hold us back from utilizing our entire class abilities such as purge, chain lightning and many other spells become useless even spells like ghost wolf eat away at our mana very fast and they are our core defensive abilities. Trying to decurse curse of tongues from yourself runs you out of mana so quickly it in many cases is not even worth doing which can be completely abused by warlocks and causes us to become useless. Throwing a few heals out during high pressure moments in games was possible at times last patch; however in the current one having the mana so unrecoverable it becomes almost impossible to do unless you expect to end the game within the next minute. Unlike our shadow priest counterpart who is able to spam heal as much as they want without worrying about mana we cannot (They also have much stronger heals since the Healing Surge nerf.) Lastly I would like to point out that with the recent Balence Druid changes, elemental shaman are the ONLY caster dps class in the game who can run out of mana in arena. Suggested Changes: Rolling thunder has been increased to 5 % mana return Thunderstorm Mana return increased to 16 %. These changes are small and I see no reason they could not be hotfixed. They also have very little impact on pve. Having to manage our mana is fine but being forced not to uses half of the spells your class has is simply not a smart design.Nuvoz293 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Ele +hit for 5 man Heroics. Do I still need 17% to hit with spells if I never set foot in a Cata raid? Is there a different hit rating I should be shooting for if I only ever for heroic 5 mans with occasional pre Cata raid content (solo/2/3 man)?Aeonyx5 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 PVP resto gearing Hey all, relatively new to shaman pvp and im going resto. I see/heard that resilience is basically the #1 stat for resto shamans and my question is this: Is it worth going 3/5 resto and 2/5 ele for the extra 400 resilience set bonus? or stick to 5 piece resto for the 3 seconds of grounding? Expanding on that, if it IS more beneficial to go full resto, is there any particular piece of ele gear that would be better to go along with 4 piece resto? thanks guysRekkio1 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Playing an Ele shaman in Resto gear. (pvp) My resto spec is my main PVP spec so all my Conquest goes towards that, I only have a few more pieces left to get and i'll be fun Conquest in my Resto Gear. My Enhance spec has full Honor gear. A few weeks ago I played Elemental for the first time and really enjoyed it and bought myself a full set of Honor Elemental gear but im just curious if I wouldn’t be better just staying in my resto gear because of the added INT and resil. I don't do anything serious just low MMR bgs and arenas to cap but im curious if I would put out much more damge in a Honor gear for ele or if the resto would be better ATM. ThanksSolojoe2 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Elemental Shaman Mana Problems I'm not one to come on the forums and attempt to troll to get a quick fix for my class, but I really feel there's a problem with Elemental right now. I understand that they want to manage our mana so we can't go out there and DPS while healing people to full and not have any mana problems whatsoever. With this being said, 20-30 seconds into an arena or BG if I'm free to cast I'm out of mana extremely quick. A while back they nerfed our clear-casting to 40% from 100% because we were just sitting at 100% mana all the time, but with the way mana is going now I think it may be time to buff that 40%, or fix the problem through the Rolling Thunder talent, which is only a 60% proc chance on only Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning. I'm all for hybrids going oom if they're trying to be a healer with their DPS spec, however I don't think DPS classes that are only DPS'ing should be going out of mana at this quickly a rate. Again I'm not trying to complain or troll, just giving my point of view on the matter. Never thought I'd be binding back my Water Sheild for Elemental, no Fulmination makes me a sad panda. :(Swagger9 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 22, 2012 Enhancement shaman Reforging 4maxdps Ok, so its been a minute since i dust this guy off and im trying to get him back into the field. alright so, according to maxdps im suspossed to try and reach 27% hit cap. Just want to know if this is true or not. Should i not worry about reaching 27% and reforge to mastery, or should I? Thanks.Brothâ2 Jun 22, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Mana issues as Ele I admit I am a noob at Shamans. I have an Enhancement at like 15 or something that I haven't touched for months, and that's the sum of my experience with the class. So can I get some pointers here? In dungeons (it isn't as big a deal while questing), my mana drains - fast. It's not a big deal because I'm still leveling, but I have to stop and drink after every couple pulls while the rest of the group isn't having any mana issues. I'm using Lightning Shield with the talent that gives some mana restoration back, but should I not? Should I use Water Shield?Namewithapun9 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Ancestral Awakening I thought of a cool idea for this passive ability. Instead of a flat out heal with no animation, why not make it actually summon Spirit Ancestors to cast 3 heals equal to the 30% of the crit. That means if you were to crit say 10000 three times in a row, it would summon 3 Spirit Ancestors that will heal 1000 damage per cast each. I thought this would be a much cooler talent than what is in current live. I also made it so that they cast 3 times instead of 1 simple 3k heal (if you crit 10,000) so the animation would last longer, and more chance for them to crit in trade off of the burst heal you would of got if they were to just cast once(this might not be necessary). What do you guys think?Bearsy3 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 boa wep for shaman am planing on lvling a elmental shaman but cant deside what boa wepon i should get should i stick with the JP boa saff or go with the boa mace and use a sheild?Keitia3 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Healing crash course. I used Scroll of Resurrection on one of my older accounts and used the level 80 power boost on a Resto Shaman. I read the PvE sticky but have some specific questions: 1. Am I correct in stating that Earth Shield should always be up on tank? 2. If someone is taking damage, should I first cast Riptide and then Chain Heal if their health is really dropping? Or is it better to instead use a bigger heal? 3. What is a good healing totem set up? Is there anything else I should know/advice? Any advice would help as I've never played a healer character before. Thanks in advance.Taleron7 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Resto building an Ele offspec Outside of trinkets and my 4pc set bonus is there a point where I can use pieces from my resto set? Or would I need to get gear from HoT? Is it worth getting the T12 set bonus over my T13 equips? Is the LFR Ledger better than a Normal Timepiece? Thanks for your time.Crinklez1 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Can i get an update? Because blue posts about shamans are uncommon and all i hear about shammies in beta is demand fixes. I want to get an update about what will be or feel different for DPS shamans in MOP. I used to be elemental, then i stopped playing and came back really casual as Enhancement. I will do some PVP mostly if i can transfer to a dominican guild. My experience was: I loved Elemental because it was really bursty (WOTLK) then it stopped being in the middle of Cataclysm and got more movement but everybody else got more CC. And then my friends left. I played Enhancement because i wanted to try something new but PVP wise i felt like i was smashing buttons, before i could interrupt a spell or get a heal with MW. But I couldn't get anything below 50%. Truth be told i suck being melee. Healing as shaman was quite cool, it felt like was doing something but is not cool when you don't have a party to hang on.Oshun1 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 21, 2012 Wanting to make my first shammy Im wanting to make a restro shammy and i am in the process of buying the hierlooms for it and i am wondering if i should but the spirit or the intellect one. also any other tips will be greatly appreciated.Ralts14 Jun 21, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 running out of mana Since hitting 85 and running dungeons my mana is gone in no time. I have other dps/healer mana users and have no problem with them. I just can not figure it out. Some bosses I run out completely. Any help would be appreciated.Barclay12 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Elemental or Enhancement for pvp Hey. I plan to do mostly rbgs and bgs, and dungeon/quest to 85, but I mostly want a viable pvp spec. I like enhancement, but some people say it sucks, and I also like ele, and others say it sucks as well, so Im confused. Any info would be heplful. I heared ele had mana problems as well, and that enh can be easily kited, so im not sure. Any info much appreciated :)Liyathriel13 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Haste makes Healing Rain lose ticks Please help me, a shaman I know is telling me that increasing haste past thresholds decreases HPS because you lose ticks on riptide. Does riptide work like other hots n dots in the game? It is true that, while getting thresholds is preferred, going over them will not make you lose ticks on riptide? My understanding is this: - If you increase your haste past a threshold, the amount of time HR is on the ground is less, but the ticks happen faster. - While this may decrease your mana efficiency (because HR doesn't last as long) it does increase throughput and certainly does not decrease the actual amount of ticks your HR does. I have obtained my understanding of dots from Vaydra on the warlock forums, here is the actual post on haste: ...Incendium4 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Cyclone Harness look-a-like? I have all the other pieces saved from happier times, but alas, I never did get the chestpiece, and unfortunately Mag drops it. Is there a look-a-like for this chestpiece that wouldn't have me soloing Mag as a ele shaman? Thanks in advance.Luni2 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 H morning star and normal No'kaled I just got 1 H morning star and 1 normal No'kaled last night to replace my 2 X LFR No'kaleds, from what I know H morning star is better than LFR No'kaled so I was wondering which one should I put on main hand, the Heroic mace or the normal axe? Any suggestion would be appreciated, thanks!Cattlelord3 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Enhancement Shaman and the Searing Totem It is my hope that blizzard reads this post as I (while browsing the forums) have noticed that many enhance shaman, including myself, feel the searing totem needs to be replaced by some other mechanic. This is because of searing totem's severe inability to perform as well as other dps mechanics, it is unable to stay on target, takes a long time to switch targets, and is pvp you have to constantly be dropping it as the fight moves on. In short we need another form of way to gain searing flames for my lava lash. My suggestion would be to take the new lvl 90 talent in MOP and make the fire elemental pet permanent (aka say something like "makes your fire elemental a permanent non-totem pet but decreases damage done by x amount, but still cause searing flames). Even if they have to nerf the fire elemental's damage a bit to balance this out I still think it would be worth it. Anyone else have any ideas for this mechanic because i think if this can be fixed than enhance might just become a worthwhile class imo. Don't get me wrong i love the spec, it seems however that blizzard does not. Please post any constructive criticism/ideas that you may have for the searing flames mechanic, thanks :).Drakaer0 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Enh in the Beta I haven't had a chance to get my fingers dirty in the beta, but I saw they they are generally done with the balancing, spells, etc. How is Enh doing numbers-wise? What kind of feelings are you getting from the spec?Ceindra3 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Taking Reverb as Enhance, what to drop? If I felt the need to take Reverb for whatever reason, say I wanted the 5 second interrupt or whatever, where should I take points from, Call of Flame or Elemental Precision? I was thinking Call of Flame but then AoE DPS would take a pretty big hit but it still seems like the better choice.Lolwtfbbq1 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Sentry Totem 146: Iron Shaman ... Cus you guys are slow and I am lazySymposium500 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Gear question Whats better for ele shammy cause I have heard it both way as far as heroic shoulders, the heroic speciman 27 and 28 or the heroic tier shoulders? What is better for healing, heroic Speciman 27 and 28 or heroic tier?Tonydapony2 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 totemic projection? well im not in the beta. but io have just one question regading this ability. do you have to drop the totem, then activate projection to move it? or can you 'use' totemic projection (like how trap launcher for hunters works) then use a targetting reticule to drop the totem? honestly the second sounds more useful unless you have TP keybound to perefectly and instantly move a totem.. since all ours are (mostly) short effects it seems stupid to have to waste some of its uptime making it move...Kataclyzmik2 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Not sure if bad or? I'm a 383 enhance shaman starting normal/heroic clearing of dragon soul. I've looked into the class just a little bit, and figured out the base stats. I think i have the rotation down but i could be completely wrong. I usually Unleash ele - Flame shock - totems - Stormstrike - lavalash - earth shock and basically repeat. I seem to be only pulling 26-27k dps on an ultraxion kind of fight, any tips?Hydrolic1 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Worth Macroing UE and Flame Shock? (Enhance) This might be a bad idea but I was just thinking about it lastnight. Would it be worth it to macro these together? That way your never casting FS without having the buff from UE?Solojoe6 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Shaman with beta access, go post here! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5889309137 GC seems to be answering a decent amount of questions. Searing totem enhance/ele survivability in pvp etc gogogo!Zagine1 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 A funny little tale So each week my guild runs LFR to help get gear, hang out and have some laughs while in Vent. So we did our runs today with about 15 of us. We had two resto shaman this week, myself and another guild mate and various other healers and dps and a pally tank. Since one tank was our guild tank I figured I'd ES him since I have near 100% uptime on it compared to other shaman I see in LFR. But my guild mate also had the same idea. After overwriting each others ES a few times it turned into a ES spam fight, however the other shaman failed to realize it was me whom she was fighting with. So she started getting irritated(shes anal about her ES usage) and started cursing and swearing on vent about this !@#$% shaman who was having a ES fight all through the trash before Ultrax. So then I finally spoke up in vent and said no snap tank is mine. All the other guild mates busted up laughing she called me a evil rude meanie jerk and just put her ES on our feral druid the rest of the run. So in short ES fights between shaman can be very amusing. Blizz should fix this, could be abused to put this on another shaman removing their WS or LS, but that isn't the point of this topic.Sevilaaha1 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Shaman Flight Form! So I saw this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/media/artwork/trading-card-game/series3?keywords=&view#/tcg-series3-057 And it made me think, why couldn't Shaman get a 'Ghost Hawk/Eage' form? If we are already able to shape-shift into a Ghost Wolf I'm sure there is some form of spirit/ancestor, that was able to fly and would happily lend us their powers! We are able to command the element of air after all... Why let druids have all the fun? Personally I think this would get alot of people excited about a class that has remained kinda unchanged for a while. What's your thoughts?Wheezie11 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 20, 2012 Who is the best Arena Enhancement shammy? Would like to pick their brain.Thorstorm6 Jun 20, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Your opinon of Totemtimers and Shockandawe Ive been watching quite a few heroic DS enhancement streams and some enhance youtube vids and it looks like most people are using these addons. The only addon I use to help keep track of things is tell me when im just curious some of you shaman vets out there do you use either of these and if so for what. Do they help with elemental and resto also or just for enhance? ThanksSolojoe6 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 What am I doing wrong here? Hello my fellow shaman! I'm working on progressing as an Elemental Shaman and I'm finding some tweaks here and there to help but I'm not seeming to meet the expectations or standards of other Shaman. I have been working my butt off but I could use some assistance from the community. LFR Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-pakzdhcj1d7i59dh/ http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z35cftoynrhg8bng/ Weapons: 397 - Rathrak 410 - Vagaries of Time Trinkets: 397 - Will of Unbinding 410 - Insignia of the Corrupted Mind Professions: Tailoring - 525 Engineering - 525 I have my pot macroed into my Fire Elemental Totem so that I never cast it without it (except in the case of Madness where I use it 3 times). My synapse springs are macroed to Flame Shock, Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst to ensure uptime is as high as possible. Now I can see a few things that I'm missing (Flame Shock on Ultraxion could be a little better - at 97.7%, RL wants it at 99+%) but are there any tricks that can help increase the damage being done on these fights? Should I use Fulmination during lots of adds or just continue to Chain Lightning? Is Flame Shock/Fire Nova worth it during Heroic Yorshaj or should I just stick with Chain Lightning and either Fire Elemental Totem (during Yellow, Black, Red) or Magma Totem? Any help you could offer would be very greatly appreciated!Londali18 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 idea for enh shaman pvp and haste One thing i don't like about enhancement at the moment in pvp is that it is next to impossible to get stacks of searing flame on your target, all ranged classes will kite you away from your totems when you drop them and some smart melee classes will do the same, this means for arena you really have to spend points on totemic reach to try and get those stacks, a lot of enhancements damage comes from lava lash, so having those stacks up is almost crucial. Also there is not much use for haste and enhancement, on these forums i have found countless threads about how it does not benefit us in a way thats worth having it. I have a solution to this problem, modify the talent for mop or add a glyph that allows flame shock to stack the searing flames debuff. that way in pvp you have a fair way of stacking it on ranged and mele. at the moment in pvp i rarely use flame shock, the only real use for it is long fights to have a dot up, or on a rogue so they cant re stealth, but with cloak of shadows its not really worth it. so making flame shock stack the searing flames debuff will add it back into our rotation and make it a viable choise over the frost shock root and earth shock cast time reduction. In pve normaly with the cool down of lava lash your totems have enough time to stack the debuff to 5 stacks, adding this will only mean you have more up time on that debuff before you use it on lava lash, it would not stack higher then 5 or do more damage it would stack faster, thats it, witch would give a slight increase in dps but nothing so major to make it over powered. It could also tic faster or stack faster with haste, making it worth it for shamans to have haste but not so much that we would pool all of our stats into it. what do you think?Shøckfîsh1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Why doesn't glyph of fire elemental totem... also affect our earth elemental? am i the only one that wants to wee both of them more often?Totemfiend1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Why don't my buffs show up? Why is it that when I'm in a grouped instance, I don't get the benefits of some of my buffs from the totems?Phreq2 Jun 19, 2012