Shaman

May 6, 2012 MoP Totem Discussion (for those not in BETA) How's everyone doing? I am making this thread to discuss MoP totem mechanics for those of us that cannot post in the beta forum. While we are not in beta and able to use and test them - perhaps we can discuss how we feel about them? Quick background on Saft. I busted this guy to 85 last year and didn't do much with him so forgive my ignorance if I miss an important thought - if I do - please point it out to me, thanks. I'd like this toon to be my main in MoP so I just started him back up last week. My main for much of my WoW life was a Disc Priest so this will be my first DPS class. Now... I like the new totem design because they are less drop/forget totems but... one still remains and I am a bit curious as to why it still exists: Searing Totem. If Blizz wanted us to not have drop/forget mindless totems... why still this one? In PVE you just mash a button once a minute or when you are in movement and need to relocate. It's AI (from my extremely short experience) isn't the best and it's main purpose isn't DPS, it's to help our LL hit harder. It's a "Buff" totem, in my eyes, at least. Why keep such a boring mechanic in the expansion? I can understand utility totems with CDs and short timers, sure - but this is still a mindless drop/forget mechanic that works... for the most part until it decides not to do anything. Others have suggested letting the Searing Flames debuff stack with FT weapon hits. This will still give a ramp-up time for DPS without the need for an AI totem. I was hoping combat would be more engaging for Enh since I like the class, but the drop/forget mechanic feels a lot like a Vanilla stick rather than a 2012 version of the class. Thoughts? Make fun of me for jumping from healing to DPS and not playing enough dips? Or am I just wrong in saying that a 1-minute button press that you drop/forget isn't engaging in any way?Saft6 May 6, 2012
May 6, 2012 2 piece t13 vs 4 piece t12 (Enhance) Is it worth breaking 4 piece t12 for 2 piece t13?Wolfeh16 May 6, 2012
May 6, 2012 Sentry Totem 140: Swing Low, Sweet Shaman ... I have officially stayed up the full night. I also have a post concerning Enhancement to deliver, and it shall be made in the post below this one. Anyways, I wish you all a wonderful morning!Platform500 May 6, 2012
May 6, 2012 Pve Resto I've been tweaking here and there to find out what seems to work best and I just can't land on something and think.. man, that really seems to work. Mind you, my gear isn't optimal and I understand that with gear comes better stats but with what I have I feel like there should still be something I'm aiming for. I understand the haste softcap (first one), so I got that and then was told to go straight mastery? Reforge everything into mastery... go go mastery power. But I feel like I'm slow as hell, can't keep up on the healing meters because my heals lag behind my other healers. I'm getting absolutely pooped on by our disc priest in the guild (he's like 395 ilvl). I'm starting to think about the currents build and going straight haste... afterall more haste=more lightning bolts=more mana regen but more haste also =quicker heals=harder mana management. I guess the overall question, why go for mastery over haste? Does anyone else feel like they are slow and getting outhealed?Uhmazing3 May 6, 2012
May 6, 2012 Epic Battle vs. Blood Dk http://youtu.be/bPDD0Wje4KU Had this epic fight in arena vs. blood DK. I know low level and noobish play but will share anyway in case anyone interested in seeing epic match after both our partners die lol. Any helpful tips will also be appreciated to improve my playPhaeion9 May 6, 2012
May 6, 2012 Smoke bomb + SLT is lameness Yeah you heard me right. Why does this make sense? AoE's in smoke bomb work...except Spirit Link Totem? Yeah ok. If this is a glitch then fix it, if it's intended then wtf?Peckelz3 May 6, 2012
May 5, 2012 Astral recall? What is the point of Astral recall? Shouldn't it bring me to a different location than the hearth?Valdro5 May 5, 2012
May 5, 2012 Ghost Wolf Macro Can someone help me with a macro I'm trying to make? I need a macro that casts macro, but doesn't take you out of form when in Ghost Wolf form. Any ideas?Haxican2 May 5, 2012
May 5, 2012 New Spirit Link Totem animation...really? Here's a video of it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yu3HhFfvyc It is somewhat nice, but it is just SCREAMING "PLEASE attack me quick! Oh oh oh! Look a me!" The totem was already visual apparent, but now it just slaps you in the face. Literally with balls too... 0_0 Is there a reason why you let our totems have such inherent flaws and pitiful HP and yet you make them more and more visually outlandish but you can't help but notice it? Not a lot of cooldowns are so apparent and yet our totems gets the treatment as if you want them easily killed and quickly too. Why do you torment us with totems in the first place if you don't want them to be usuable but for a second.Patronum6 May 5, 2012
May 5, 2012 Enhancement Shaman Expertise I'm getting some conflicting reports on how to reforge my enhancement Shaman. I know the stat priorities, but the expertise is throwing me off a little bit. I'm under the impression that I only need 18 Expertise, due to Unleashed Rage, and then only 15 because I am an orc using a fist weapon and axe. This doesn't show up on the in-game character screen, as it still says my 15 expertise gives me a considerable chance to miss on the boss. Is this normal, I just want to make sure I don't have to get 26 before I continue with my reforge and things.Whoopsie7 May 5, 2012
May 5, 2012 It would be nice..... If stoneclaw gave everyone in it radius an absorption shield also. Oh and more damage absorption too would be nice. Thoughts?Staars9 May 5, 2012
May 5, 2012 getting back in the game I haven't been on in 2 years since Cataclysm was released... Any suggestions on how I can get back into the swing of my toon? Icons are different and I don't remember a lot of what my toon could do or how to do it. Thinking about heading back to Outlands to pick up some old quests, or solo some old dungeons. Thoughts?Fartukano2 May 5, 2012
May 5, 2012 PvP Resto shaman going OOM? Before I start, I'd like to point out that I just started PvP on this character about a month ago, so I'm still pretty inexperienced - and missing a couple pieces of gear. So as the title says, I go OOM in both BGs and Arena very quickly. I just started arena yesterday with a guildie (Aff Lock), and neither of us have ever tried it, so we're just learning at this point. We're doing rather well so far, all things considered, but the games we've lost were due to me going OOM and the other team outlasting us. It's easier to handle in BGs as we have other healers and I normally die quickly anyway (if the other team is smart). I keep Riptide on cooldown, and primarily use GHW. Should I be using HW instead? Is this what healing is like in PvP? Are we supposed to go OOM fast, and learn how to manage mana more carefully? Or do I need more Int or Spirit or something?Nillah10 May 5, 2012
May 5, 2012 Audit me please (PvE Elemental) I ran simcraft on my toon for the target dummy no buffs, and it said i should be doing about 26k dps, but I'm only pulling about 22k. With buffs and hero I pulled about 25k, and simcraft says i should pull about 32k. Somethings wrong there, and I was hoping you could take a look at my toon and tell me what i can do better. I'm using the suggested rotation from EJ, but they said to use Fulmination between 7-9 stacks. I had always been waiting for 9. Whats the word on that? Also, I did notice that I sometimes forget to put my Searing totem back up after it fades for a short time, so I know i need to work on that. I'm adding a warning to my UI so i don't forget. Any other suggestions that might help me avoid common pitfalls on ele dps? (this is a new toon)Eweffoh3 May 5, 2012
May 4, 2012 Official Shaman Tanking Guide Have you ever been an enhancement shaman, beating on elites while doing substantial amounts of DPS while at the same time thinking "Gee whiz, I sure wish I could tank". Well wish no longer my friend, because now you can! With Gravestorm's Official Shaman Tanking Guide, we'll have you tanking heroics in no time. Before we get started, lets weigh the pros and cons of being a shaman tank. Actually, scratch that. Let's just look at the pros since there are no cons. -Pros- 1. The ladies love a shaman tank 2. A complete reconstruction of the enhancement spec is EXACTLY what we need right now. 3. You can finally use rockbitter all the time in dungeons without being called a baddy. 4. You can pull groups of mobs without getting vote kicked. 5. Even if you don't want to be a shaman tank, it lowers your DPS if you feel you are doing too much. 6. Fast dungeon queues. (Even faster than other tanking specs) 7. Shaman tanking is what makes magnets work. -Getting Started- Now that I've completely sold you, its time to get down to business. Welcome to the world of tanking! You may have mixed feelings right now. You may be scared, embarrassed, or even doubtful. Whatever you may feel, always remember to doubt your feelings when it comes to shaman tanking. As a beginner, logic is your worst enemy. It will take a while for your shaman instincts to adjust to this new concept. Another thing to keep in mind while being a shaman tank, is to take what people say the opposite way. People will be so awestruck by your skills, that they will sometimes say things the opposite of what they really mean. (If someone tells you to go kill yourself, it means they appreciate your existance. If someone tells you that you suck, take it as a compliment to your superior skills. If someone tells you to let someone else tank, they are actually cheering for you to keep up the good work.) -Gathering The Essentials- First, you are going to want to grab a tanking shield and a tanking main hand weapon. You can find these in an assortment of 5 man dungeons. Simply roll need on the first tanking shield or weapon that drops. The tank that is in the group with you at the time may begin to call you derogatory terms or even attempt to vote kick you. However, you have to remember to keep your head in the game. Calmly explain to the current tank that you are using it to become a shaman tank. He should understand, and will apologize for jumping to the preposterous conclusion that you are a ninja. If he does not apologize, he may leave the group and allow you to tank because he is so embarrassed for doubting a shaman, that he just can't continue tanking. You may also use 2h weapons to tank. Death knights, Warriors, and Retribution Paladins are most generous when it comes to allowing shaman tank enthusiasts to roll need on 2 handed weapons. They are also very humble, and will pretend to react in harsh ways just so people don't think too highly of their generous nature. -Putting Together a Team- As a shaman tank, you are superior to all the other tanking specs. You need a group worthy of your presence. However, finding worthy group members is no easy task. They lurk in the shadows, secretly waiting for a shaman tank like you to accept them into your group. Check world of logs or your local trade chat for the absolute worst players. Worthy group members for a shaman tank usually disguise their power by pretending to suck. Any normal player will instantly reject your offer to tank for them, because they know that they won't be able to survive the severely high levels of awesomeness radiating from you. -Your Rotation- There is no specific priority system for a shaman tank. That's one of the nice things about shaman tanking. You will get the same results no matter what priority system you use. So mix it up! Be creative! -Your First Dungeon- It's time to step into your first dungeon. You may want to grab a healthstone and a few potions before you do this. You may also want to choose a paladin as your healer, because of Lay On Hands. Keep in mind that you may wipe more than you would if someone else was tanking. The reason for this is because the game senses your superior skill level, and raises the difficulty of the dungeon. -Recommended Talents- I recommend picking up the following talents, to get the most out of your tanking experience. http://www.war-tools.com/t72407.html?b=921501414415021 -Gemming and Reforging- Coming Soon! Have any suggestions? Feel free to add them. Being a tank, I don't normally accept suggestions from others, but I will make an exception for my fellow shaman.Gravestorm143 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 Suggestion: Shaman cosmetic glyph I have noticed this just recently and two things make it hard to forget. In both the Goblin and Pandaren starting zones you get to ride in/on/as a tornado either for transportation or some sort of retribution. Shamans are supposed to be the masters of the elements and we do have windfury, but the only spec that benefits from that is Enhancement. For awhile now me and some friends have agreed that it would be better for a shaman to have a tornado form ground mount or movement speed enhancer rather then copying Druids travel form and changing it to a wolf. Enhancement shamans can Call upon the spirit wolves, so shouldn't we get something a little different ? In vanilla Paladins and Shamans were considered hero classes for each faction, till someone complained they didnt want to be limited to factions. But i propose for those people that agree with what i am saying that a cosmetic glyph be released for this instead of re-doing the shaman all together. Glyph of Tornado or something - Changes the appearence of ghost wolf form to a furious manifestation of wind. (a tornado form with lightning sparking off of it at random) Same movement speed increase as Ghostwolf just a different appearance.Shintarou4 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 Need help - How do I increase my hps? Hey guys & girls First time posting on the shaman forums. Need some advice from the pro resto shammies around. I'm currently finding some difficulties in Dragon Soul 10 man. I have the feeling that my healing output could be better and this could be with the way I have reforged my gear. Currently I have taken all the crit and reforged it into Mastery. I'm also overhealing quite a bit with healing rain but still less than all the other healers. Was thinking of using Chain Heal more as it works smarter as well. So really my 2 questions are: 1. Is having too much mastery a bad thing? Should I unforge and leave some crit 2. Do you'll spam more of chain heal rather than Healing Rain for AOE encounters? Also, any other thoughts on how I could increase my hps? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Cavern2 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 TC and Elemental precision? I did some searching around and it seems that there are two sides to the argument of using or not using spirit->hit talent. Has there been any more concrete evidence brought about? Would just one or two points be better spent elsewhere instead of maxing it out. Going completely without out it seems like a RNG nightmare for me and maxing out the talent has me at like 22% hit. Which is just dumb. Where is the middle ground??Gìzmø3 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 Elemental Shaman Help Hey guys a friend of mine just scroll of rezzed me and it's been quite a while lol, anyways I'm running resto but I have a dual spec and I want to make the other elemental, except I have NO idea where my skills should go. I'm thinking probably something like this but any changes to those talents are welcome! Thanks in advance :D http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Wc00!kkbkeSWTkd!gj!Nuggers2 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 What goes on the mainhand? It has been a while since I've played an enhancement shaman so I'm not really sure... Does the harder hitting weapon go on the offhand or mainhand? It seems to me that the harder weapon should go on the offhand because Lava Lash, but I'm really not that sure.Kimnguyen6 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 Click healing raid flames in arenas? Is it really that bad? are there any high rated players who click heal the raid frames?Firewerks9 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 Resto PvP Hit question I know the hit cap is 4% and it should be capped in order for your shocks/hex/shears to land. I'm sitting at 4% right now. But taking a look at many top rated shammys, they're not even hit capped. Even in their shear speccs, they don't bother putting a talent in Elemental Precision. My thought on this is because they know that if their hex/shear misses it won't cause them the game. But why take the chance when you can just cap? Thoughts? Reasoning's?Hypez8 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 Quick Enhance Trinket Question Fluid Death, Ancient Petrified Seed, and Arrow of Time Which two should I take?Kyura3 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 Enhance in duels/1v1s - problems with what? Honestly, I seem to win 95%+ against warriors, rets, boomkins, ferals, frost mages, arcane mages, etc. There are 2 classes that I'm very 50/50 on and one I just can't seem to beat if they have a brain. I'm 50/50 on fire mages and sub rogues, I really think having a wpn chain would help against rogues though. I just can't seem to beat hunters, bm or marks, if they're semi-intelligent in a 1v1/duel situation. Is this pretty similar to what other people are experiencing?Spectie13 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 Theory crafting Enhance PvP MoP What talents are you thinking of picking and glyphs? Just want to see what everyone is looking at. Glyph of Capacitor Totem- Why wouldn't you want 2 sec CD on stun Glyph of Purge- Saves mana from spamming and also 2 dispels Glyph of Totemic Vigor or Glyph of Ghost Wolf Depends if people attack totems more or not. Tier 1 Astral Shift-- I would prefer having a Def CD every 2 min for 40%. The totem I heard was decent but it is choppy. Plus totem can be destoryed and you lost your Def CD. Tier 2 Frozen Power-- Stop people from kiting you and also keeps people still for you while you can open up on them. I feel it is a must for all specs honestly. Maybe for BG's Earthgrab but I see Frozen Power being the best. Tier 3 Totemic Projection-- Mostly for the Capacitor totem. I feel it will be the target for people. So if you can drop it out of the way and move it in I see it being more beneficial. Tier4 Elemental Mastery-- Due to Echo not procing much why not Mastery here. I mean a blood lust every 2min isn't bad at all. Macro it with the new totem with ascendance. That can be a lot of burst Tier 5 Healing Tide Totem-- Great heals for your group and can be really good in a bind. Tier 6 Unleashed Fury-- Get the most out of your unleash elements. Get so many good tools out of this. I see this being the go to for enhance. With weapon imbue swapping we can be a pain in the !@#. They just need to get it off a GCD.Chéwnok3 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 Will flame shock spread to invisible units? When spread from the improved lava lash talent? ThanksSvarok2 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 enh or ele lvling? srs ok i have full boa for enh and ele.. im going to be straight questing and i have zygor guides... so i will be lvling fast so which spec is better?Guccix9 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 Lower Level Ele Pvp I love shaman. I have leveled numerous enhance shaman and I love it. I have recently leveled this elemental shaman and, while fun, I am running into some problems. Lightning bolt just sucks. The damage is pathetic. I love lava burst but it does not seem to hit any harder in lower level pvp than run of the mill spells like frostbolt (etc.) that crit. I get the guaranteed crit but without lava surge proccing it just hurts. Does LB (Edit: make that lightning bolt and lava burst) get better later on? If someone silences me it is pretty much game over. I am not trying to whine. It is a serious question. At this level the "rotation" as it were is pretty simple. I just find that sometimes instant skills do as much, if not more, damage. I read we do better later on. Is it true? heh. First time giving elemental a serious try.Shawker1 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 How are Shaman? Hey Shaman! (Shamen? Shamans?) Well, I'm really interested in rolling a shaman for the rest of Cata as well as MoP, and was wondering how their performing currently. I've been away from the game for a while and don't exactly know how well their doing atm. I have a few questions for you all! (You don't need to answer all of them, but if you're feeling helpful today, the more info the better!) How are shaman doing in PvE compared to other classes? (i.e. Healing, Melee DPS, and Spell-Casting DPS) Also, How are Shaman doing in PvP? (Again, Healing, Melee DPS, and Spell-Casting DPS) Which spec should I/do you recommend that I level with? (Melee or Spell Casting? I'll probably keep Resto as off-spec for dungeons) Lastly, *sorry for all the questions* How will Shaman be doing in the next expansion? (i.e. Will they be as viable as other classes for both PvE and PvP? I know that for PvP there is a lot of class imbalance currently)Hazzik12 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 Which Cloak? Valor Batwing Cloak or Lord Rhy. Dreadfire D#%@% ?No diea why its censoring the name of the cloakEtense7 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 Enhance PvP in MoP Hey guys just wanted to get some thoughts and maybe some feedback from beta testers regarding the state of enhance pvp. One thing I noticed is that they removed the talent that made earthbind totem dispel slowing effects. You could take windwalk totem but it's on a 1 min cd and you would lose frozen power. Furthermore, we get a sprint not attached to wolves but it's on a 2 min cd. It seems like we will not be able catch any ranged class outside these long cd's. Am I missing something? Feedback appreciated. Ps: How's my transmog?Samsquanche4 May 4, 2012
May 4, 2012 Resto and Unleashed Lightning The other night I cleared 7/8 10m heroic (and Madness to 15%!! gah!! so close!!)with both EP and Unleashed Lightning glyphed in my resto spec (with stopcasting macros, of course). It was awesome, and I'm in love with the playstyle. And yes, this deserves its own thread, because I say it does.Kiango45 May 4, 2012
May 3, 2012 Any shammys soloing? Just wondering if any bored Shaman are pushing the limits soloing stuff lately? If you are I would love to hear some of the things you have done.Livingstone4 May 3, 2012
May 3, 2012 Opinions on this transmog set Its taken me a while to get these shoulders to drop out of SSC. But what do some of you think of my current transmog set? Any suggestions would be nice too. Heres a link to an in game screen shot. http://i.imgur.com/nWhXM.jpgZilz1 May 3, 2012
May 3, 2012 enhancement and boa I have recently created a new toon specifically for pvp. I decided to make a enhancement shaman (since I love this shaman so much). But I went to go buy him boa gear with my honor points and low and behold, all there was were some shoulders and a dagger. Shouldn't there be a main hand and off hand weapon? Shouldn't there be an item for every class and spec? Why does the JP heirloom vendor have more variety? And am I going to have to run dungeons to get off hand weapons while leveling?Usemybody2 May 3, 2012
May 3, 2012 @ Gistwiki GG in that BG just now. I had to put on my raid gear so i could compete with you in DMG...beat me by 3k :p but you also won the game...so like i said. GGRabbith8 May 3, 2012
May 3, 2012 Ele shaman DPS help. Ive been at the bottom on DPS in all dungeons and raids, and i think im decently geared for now, but im avg 12K? Is it all shamans that have low dps or is it me? Im constantly getting kicked from games because of my low DPS.Droku4 May 3, 2012
May 3, 2012 Improved Ghost Wolf in MoP It says: While in Ghost Wolf form, you ignore the effects of snares. My question is, does that mean you are immune to speed reduction? Or ONLY things like Entangling Roots, Frost Nova, etc? If it does mean movement speed reduction immunity (seems too good to be true), do you guys think that will make it live? It seems like that might be a little too powerful for Resto Shamans in arena. So does snare mean any type of movement impairment whatsoever?Rahhwasz10 May 3, 2012
May 3, 2012 Enhancement Shaman Hit Question I'm just respeccing my shaman's dps spec to enhancement, and was looking around for stats, reforge, itemization all of that. Well most guides say that only 17% spell hit is necessary, which sounds right. Then I look at some shamans in Blood Legion and DREAM Paragon for ideas, and every single enhancement shaman in their guild is at 20% hit. I understand that hit past 17% is still useful, but is there something particularly good about 20% hit? To my understanding the stat priority is: Agility > 17% Spell Hit > 26 Expertise > Mastery > Crit > Haste > HitWhoopsie10 May 3, 2012
May 3, 2012 Heroic Specimens or 4 piece? Hey everyone, As the title suggests I only have my 3 piece bonus right now and the Heroic Specimens shoulder.. Should I take the 397 shoulder tier piece until I get my head? Thanks!Auralius4 May 3, 2012
May 3, 2012 Enhance - No'Kaled VS other possible weapons What's the official ranking? 416 No'Kaled 403 No'Kaled 410 Morningstar of Heroic Will 390 No'Kaled 397 Morningstar 384 Morningstar Is this correct? My 390 No'Kaleds account for at least 4% of my total damage and just got the 410 Morningstar, which is of course better than 390 No'Kaled correct?Swordy7 May 3, 2012
May 3, 2012 Resto PvP stats Just what are they? Askmrrobot offers a pvp template but it recommends high spirit and nothing else so I don't think its the best source of info.Sukavi7 May 3, 2012
May 2, 2012 Resto Questions..... (Haste / Talent) OK, so I got into some discussions with another Resto shaman last night, and he told me several things that I have been unable to located on the web today, so I was hoping someone could give me some specific answers.. Haste Breakpoints: I know the bonus tick of Riptide is at 2005 But is that also for another tick of Healing Rain? What is the Healing Rain Tick breakpoint? The only solid info I could find is here.. and I am not positive if this is up to date.. http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t121202-resto_raiding_4_1_updating_4_3_a/#Haste SECOND QUESTION: I was told that Totemic Focus no longer effects Mana Tide Totem.. I cannot find anywhere that this is backed up.. Does anyone have any info on this? "Reduces the mana cost of your totems by 30% and increases their duration by 40%." Thanks for the help on this guys!Sukodin66 May 2, 2012
May 2, 2012 Need basic Enh help for 5-man content I leveled all the way up with els and healing. I got a wild hair to try Enh. I read the sticky guide above and looked at some other thing, read my spells, etc but still not sure I understand a couple crucial things. 1. Unleash Elements. I gather from the guide above this is supposed to make my flame shock hit like a truck and it "unleashes?" my flame tongue weapon. Is that about right? 2. How do I make sure its flame tongue that gets unleashed aside from having the buff on my weapon obviously. 3. How do I control which weapon flame tongue is on? Which weapon do I want it on? I do want Windfury on one of the weapons right? If someone could please explain this stuff in plain language I'd appreciate it.Waikahuna6 May 2, 2012
May 2, 2012 So im leveling a shaman And I am torn between enhance for leveling then end game going elemental pve and enhancment pvp. On the other hand I sort of want to be resto pve and elemental pvp. So my big question is do any of you guys have these builds and if so do you enjoy them? And is enhancment pvp fun and exiting, and is resto healing simple and effective?Wezc5 May 2, 2012
May 2, 2012 Woot my 3rd No'kaled! :D :D 2 for pve and another for the pyrium weapon chain :DDDBudlightning13 May 2, 2012
May 2, 2012 no'kaled 403 and 390 main spec is resto, getting into enhance spec.... i have 390 and 403 no'kaled. should i put the 403 in my mainhand or offhand? mainhand would benefit from windfury attacks and SS, while offhand only benefits from LL... i tried using enhsim and rawr and all those, but they suck horribly. i've seen posts like this one before, but they never get answered. they start out by asking this then go into how shamans should only use slow weapons. that hasn't changed for a while so no one needs to input that shamans should only use slow weapons. i'm not asking if i should use slow weapons i already know that, so don't be a retard and think i'm asking that. and if the person who is kind enough to answer could provide some literature on why it's better to equip in MH/OH that'd be awesome... ty in advance.Natalu33 May 2, 2012
May 2, 2012 My Ele Shaman PvP Experience Oh hi rogu---- [Release Spirit] It's real fun dying in 10 seconds. I can't WAIT till rogues get their legendaries.Lardaz96 May 2, 2012
May 2, 2012 Elemental PVP MOP Issues... I'll briefly preface this with a defense to my right to speak on the subject. I play an Ele Shaman, Shadow Priest, Warlock, and Mage at 85. While I'm not the greatest, I do have around 1750 to 2200 experience on pretty much all of them. I'm not the greatest player, but amongst all my characters, including my Warrior and my Rogue, I do have well over 100k hk's, and countless hours (read months) messing around with world, bg, and arena pvp. If that's not cool enough for you, then that's fine...but I feel it at least gives me the right to speak my mind on a subject. ELEMENTAL PVP ISSUES IN MOP BETA (from an outsider) 1) Astral Shift not castable while stunned/silenced/etc. It is great that our cries were heard on this matter, albeit 2 years late, but the fact of the matter is that unless you can hear your opponent saying "We'll switch to shaman in 5 seconds as soon as my DC is off CD," this isn't going to work. 2) Frozen Power is probably useless. In a sense that when you need it, you will not be able to use it. Our Flame and Earth Shock already conflict greatly with one another. Easy fix = put Frost Shock on it's own CD, independant of the other two. 3) EarthGRAB totem. The totem's cooldown has been reduced from 15 to 30 seconds. That's quite a nerf. While I do agree, a resto shaman with a 15 sec earthgrab seems a bit OP...an Elemental Shaman WITHOUT the 15 second earthgrab is a bit UP. It already seems as though for every button we have to put on cooldown, melee has a button off cooldown to negate those effects. 4) Riptide baseline wouldn't be a bad idea at all. It would put us in line with all other hybrid specs as far as a little minimal, on-the-go healing. 5) Since we're on the subject, I greatly dislike that 3 min, 15 sec cooldown, ascendence. I think the animation has to go...it's very gimicky. Also, the cooldown, itself GREATLY devalues crit and haste as well, in that we'll be GCD capped (from a PVE perspective during lust) and our Lava Burst will crit all the time anyway. 6) Mana. I only bring this up because of how bad mana was when Cata first came out. There is no reason that a dps spec should OOM in the first couple of minutes of an arena just by playing their class correctly. I can understand if you're healing a ton, but under no circumstance should we OOM from playing with the dps/offensive tools that our class was designed around. Consider this a pre-emptive complaint. Something to keep an eye on I suppose. Obviously we're still going to have issues when it comes to pvp. We need those main issues fixed above and I'm not sure what other problems exist because I have not been fortunate enough to get an invite to the beta yet this time around. I do, however, look through the forums and I see a lack of Elemental-centric posts when it comes to PVP. This does concern me.Broahn8 May 2, 2012
May 2, 2012 Update ghost wolf form please ghost wolf needs an a better modelTomshady9 May 2, 2012