Shaman

Mar 13, 2012 Enhance How to Effectively DPS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz68fHbZVhA Nice video i made up to help anyone out that still doesn't understand why their dps may be behind.ßrooks0 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 so i rerolled shaman.... I went enhancement because there is little down time i feel. I'm starting to doubt my rolling of a second warlock at this point (one alliance, one horde) I personally really enjoy my shaman, he's only gotten to level 27 in 3 days (with lots of afking) but i enjoy his spell animations and fast attacks. I rolled because my lock is to squishy, not enough movement and my self defense i feel leaves a lot to be desired. When i fight melee, i can survive initial rogue burst, pally burst and dk burst, and warrior burst. One thing i can't live through well is shaman burst with wolves. I pretty much fall over and die. Secondly, i know the survival skills of this class aren't very good either, but i have seen some really good ele and enhancement shamans this expansion that just own. As well as a lot of really bad ones too. I just wanted to provide some positive feed back to the forums for once. ty for your time.Arbuckleton5 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Ele offspec - am I ok? Hey all, Just want any comments on my elemental off spec, mainly just used on H Ultraxion. Any tips/comments would be great. Brøm6 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 dw edit - i got something completely wrong and dont know how to deleteShazoozle4 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Enhancement PVP leveling I'm trying to level by quests as well as through battlegrounds. I was wondering what strategy people are using as an enhancement shaman. I usually look to heal first if I am in group of two or more people. When I go oom, then I start breaking faces. I usually find that I die first because the other team will start focusing on me, but the group usually will win more skirmishes this way. I tend to be top 3 in heals and top 5 in damage this way. Does anyone else do this or should I just go damage first, then heal if anyone is left alive after the battles?Sitoa9 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 Buff Totems Shaman buffs should continue to be on totems. I for one found it very useful to be able to choose the area that a buff would cover. In other words, as a healer, I would run forward at the beginning of a fight, place the totems in the optimal area, and go back to my normal place. Allowing the player to be in a different area than the area of the buff made us flexible and useful. While the current tier, DS, has few fights where this applies, because everything is so stack oriented, the previous tiers just in cataclysm had many situations in which this ability was unique and useful. I won't even go into some of the massive play areas from WotLK, BC, and vanilla. First of all, choosing which totems to use was somewhat of shammy 101. Which buffs duplicate what, what combination of totems do I use in my call of elements to achieve such and such total buffs. Each raid has a different composition, so choosing those totems and the buffs used by other players became at least partly the shaman's job, to make sure all of them were covered. Then, the fact that those totems could be placed in a central area helped dictate the fighting space. "I am putting these totems here. If you are in range of them, you get the buff; if not...." And there were large platforms where a 40yd aura from a player would not replace a 40yd radius circle (30yds for some totems) around any given spot. Here are examples in Cataclysm where this was useful: Magmaw: OT was frequently a DK, and frequently running around out of range of the stacked group. Atramedes: Very often have to run away from main area due to the fixate. Nef: Obviously a huge platform. There's an argument that could be made for totem range talents here, as tanks are frequently out of range of one another and maybe the shaman as well. Halfus: Auras would be fine if everyone were standing in the middle. Except, at least for normal mode, they frequently were not. But if the totems are in the middle circle, everyone would for the most part be in range of them. V&T: Very large playfield, and totems in the middle of the platform are useful. Auras if I'm on the opposite side of the room from the tank, are not. Captain Planet: See above Cho gall: moderately useful for the OT who runs off to tank adds 4 winds: very large area platforms, shaman could be asked to be way out of range from rest of players. Shannox: Play area is as large as you want it to be. Totems placed optimally put the group at an advantage. Beth: Very large platform, players are spread way out, often out of range of the shaman Rhyo: See above Alys: See above Domo: If the shaman is on the opposite side of the circle from another player, no aura for them. Rag: See above. Obviously I don't know what the MoP tier fights will be: spread or stack, 3D, idk. My point here is that the idea of a buff totem, in my opinion, is part of what makes a shaman a shaman. Their choice and their placement was part of what our class brought to the table. You can make it an aura that has a range of 1000yds, or a castable spell that lasts an hour. But it still won't feel like a shaman.Doublep3 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 13, 2012 No'kaled (Raidfinder) in MH or OH? So I am currently using Shatterskull Bonecrusher (378 mace) and Gatecrasher (378 axe) and I finally picked up No'kaled in Raidfinder. Should I be putting it in Mainhand or Offhand? and will it matter which weapon im replacing? thanks :)Shaemi1 Mar 13, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Please help, I'm not sure how to play. I created this toon way back at the start of the BC expansion. I leveled her as enhancement but now I would like to go the route of restoration for her main spec. I have not played her much since she was created. In fact, she's pretty much been shelved for about a year. Ya I know she is 82, (mostly due to picking herbs) but playtime has been so sporadic I have never really concentrated on playing her spec or getting her geared, but now I would love to get her into the game. I just don’t know how to go about it. I even had to choose her talent points again because they had all been reset. Right now, I am so lost at how to play her. I don’t know the best way to spec, gem, enchant, or what stats would be best. What gear should I be looking at while I finish leveling her? Should I even gem or enchant right now or just wait till she hits 85? What would the best rotation be for enhancement? What about the best way to use the different heals for restoration? How do I determine what the best totems to use would be for each spec? What about healing gear? I went to Mt. Hyjal last night to try to get a feel for her and I felt like a total noob. I did not know what to do. I could not take on more than one mob at a time without losing half my health. If I took on 2, I came very close to “buying the farm.” I found Elitist Jerks and want to check that out, but wanted to get some feedback on your own personal experiences. Please feel free to give constructive criticism on my gear, glyphs, talent points etc. Anyone care to share any pointers? Thank you. Kayonni4 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 what do i do? so i was doing 3s today and we were about 2189 rating and we are running warrior/rsham/warlock, and we got a team that was DK/ret pally/disc priest, and they beat us 5 times in a row, my team did a good job peeling and i used all my cds seperately when i was low on hp, tried kiting, and i just kept getting destroyed when they poped all cds, i kept dieing due to HoJ or ghoul stun or silences and they did really high damage. Does anyone have any suggestions of what i should do?Vaxer0 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 best arena partner for Enhance? Im just wondering which partner would be best for a enhance? it seems our surivivalbility is pretty bad, going up against double dps is usually a really bad thing. Any suggestions?Dzastar7 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 How should I do my actions bars? For all specs.Ärctikus12 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Ele DPS lower than it should be? So. I've been trying to figure out why my DPS is lower than it should be. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uflz8jbbh1dp0cel/analyze/dd/source/?s=410&e=693 There's my WoL from my latest Ultraxion run in LFR. Simulcraft claims I should be pulling about 33K. Yes, I have disabled flasks/food/potions in Simulcraft which I haven't used in the LFR run. Now, I know a few things that could have caused it. My Fire Elemental killed itself a few seconds after I dropped it, which is a reasonable DPS cut. In addition, I'm at 93.7% uptime on Totemic Wrath. Not perfect, but still reasonable. Anyone able to see something other than my Fire Ele being dead?Bobmuffins6 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Totem Auras MoP So they are removing the totems that give you buffs and changing them into auras. I am wondering what lvl would you get say Strength of Earth aura while lvling? Is it still lvl 4, or 10 or atleast 15? I'm also hoping shammies get buffed for higher lvls like 85 in pvp because I keep hearing how bad they are at 85 by other shammies on the forums and trade ect. Hopefully the auras will be posted on the MoP site soon because it's killing me to know.Direthar2 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 leveling I had picked resto, but when leveling with my friend, he was always almost one full level ahead of me. Which isnt a big deal, but he then sits and waits on my to catch up. I can not figure out why I am sooooo slow to level. Even killing mobs a few levels higher and I am not getting much XP at all. We ungroup as well so I can make sure to get more XP(its the same amount if we stay grped or not tho). We do all the same quests, mob killings ect. I went on just a while ago alone to try and catch up to him and after 2 hrs I hadnt even gained 50%. Are shammys just harder to level or am I missing something? Im getting frustrated and feel bad he sits and does nothing while waiting on me(which if he wasnt ok with that hed go do another toon or something). Would it help if I switched specs for the time being? Or does that not matter? We rolled on a new server then our 85s so we have no BoAs, were in the same guild ect. So theres really no "bounses" hes getting to help lvl quick.Autha2 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 H Hagara lightning phase... HELP!! where currently progressing on heroic hagara and the damage in lightning phase is just ridiculous! im not sure if theres a specific stat that i should be stacking but as it stands im using a 2005 haste rest mastery build and having tons of trouble keeping people up o lightning phase. How we do it is our resto druid heals on half of the group while i heal the other group. the spells i use are riptide, unleash elements (if riptide is cd and ppl are getting low in need of emergency) and greater healing wave spam. if u could look at my reforges and the healing priority im using and do some picking would be appreciated. -also one thing to note is i go oom crazy fast that phase!Shazoozle11 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 question about enh glyphs i saw in the enh thread about that you should use glyph of windfury instead of glyph of feral spirits, why??? i'm confusedDreamhore8 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Greater Healing Wave is Resto only now. Like title says. This is a definite nerf to enhance survivability which is already horrid in a group pvp situation. Thoughts concerns?Levelity15 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Ele Sham pvp Can we get some sort of defensive SOMETHING blizz... please? I feel like I'm a wet paper bag holding a shield. The defensive things you've given us are almost completely worthless. Every other class has a counter to it.Hexponential34 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 @thunderstorm not hit what i want to know is why (today, when i was playing tol barad pvp) the 3 melee who are hitting me, ie rogue warrior paladin, are none of them pushed back by my thunderstorm ability. that's not true. i understand why. thunderstorm is not affected by latency catchup logic so i'm using it too early so what you're telling me is i have to wait to use it, until i've been hit 3 or 4 times by someone, to ensure that the thunderstorm knockback will be registered. in a perfect gaming world where there is no latency, my timing would be more appropriate and would push them back. in the gaming world that exists, i am too early and no one is getting hit or knocked back by my ts. if i am "on time", i have already been hit. probably multiple times. shuold TS be checked at the server level or the client level? if they can hit me, why cant i hit them? Fabul4 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Sentry Totem 132: Korghals Cordial Cumpleaños Elamism9 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Sentry Totem 131: The Fellowship of the Totem ... You will take this title and you will like it!Korghal500 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Getting into PVP and noticed the 4p Set Bonus Ok I just started getting into Retso PvP and am having a blast. I only have about 1.5k resil and find that I a can out heal most damage done to me for quite a while at least as long as they are not super geared and people love me if I healz them :D. One thing I really noticed though is that the 4p set bonus from the pvp set lowering the cooldown on the grounding totem???? Should I be using this totem because I have never really used it yet and it really seems like a crappy set bonus in general. any advice if I should be using this totem?Symphogear2 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Enhance Shammys! How do I beat you? Came down to me and an enhance left in the arena and he destroyed me. Kiting him just seemed to not work and although I can out dps him, his survivability was crazy (He also had daenei self heals ). I don't expect to win 1v1 all the time, especially as frost... but I would like to figure a basic strategy. I posted this in the DK forums but everyone else seems to be lacking in their class knowledge of enhance PVP.Vanduren40 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Any Shaman going to reroll a Monk? ::Raises hand:: Tired of the roller coaster ride, and I'm ready to be a competitve class for once instead of begging and waiting for Blizzard to fix our issues.Haesa44 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Frost dk's and Fury warrs have the 2h option why not enh shamans? One think i miss from vanilla wow was my enh shaman simple because of windfury with 2h weapons. It cant be that it does too much dmg. Because i got crit by an arcane mage in AV the other day, while having over 3k resil, for 86k. So it cant be the dmg. So if you had the option to choose, would you like blizzard to make it ok to use 2h weapons on an enh shaman?Insertname6 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 12, 2012 Improved Lava Lash Since I'm too lazy to test this out myself, to how many different targets will one lava lash spread a flame shock? Also, if you lava lash to spread once in a large group, when you do it a second time, does the flame shock prioritize targets without flame shock to spread to, or does it just pick random targets?Insanitary4 Mar 12, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Legendary Shaman Weapon Now that enhance can no longer benefit from sources of spellpower, I feel that creating one legendary weapon that can be used by all three specs is quite feasible. Someday, if ever, what would you like a legendary weapon for us to look and act like? This thread is to discuss thoughts and interests concerning a shaman only legendary weapon. Please contribute whatever you can imagine and be supportive of other players legendary dreams. This is not intended to be a thread where we lay claim to a legendary weapon in any way, or beg for one.Thegoblite29 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Healing help.. I am only putting out 10-12k healing in raids and it is not doing the job. Can anyone help me out with some changes I can make to my gear/spec/reforges that would improve my healing output? Thanks!!!Dyzon7 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 leveling spec I just got back into wow and got a free 80 char from the scrolls of resurrection, what spec is the best for leveling, can anyone give me a link to one? thanksPaycheck1 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Shaman pvp specs I have a shaman currently level 83, and im leveling him up to do like hardcore pvp at 85.. can someone go like into depth on all the specs, and what other people want on there team, because right now im running around the 80-85 bgs as elemental which works pretty good and i go resto every now and then, but what should i go for like as a main pvp spec at 85? im thinking resto because ill be able to keep my team alive and stuff, but a really good enhance or elemental spec could destroy in bg'sRaiger0 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 elemental healing hybrid http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d102/Zepgobi/?action=view&current=The_Battle_for_Gilneas__Waterworks_031012_125602.mp4 if you want me to do some work...... well, the rest should be easy to figure out.Trancé12 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Why is it that Blizzard cannot? Figure out how to balance pvp more than the lop sided crap we have been playing since it started. Why is it that some classes can dominate it and other classes struggle. I am frustrated with the fact that as an elemental shaman I get shut down so fast by other casters while they can out dps me going toe to toe. I know some moron will comment "ghostwolf form and totem run and kite" well that crap does not work when a rogue has you locked down or a warrior has hamstring on you. Totems don't do $h!t, when it come to getting out of a head to head fight. Looks as if Elemental is a support class only and has a very very small chance of doing a battle head to head. That to me is a horriably unbalanced game when those classes that can dominate one vs one can really dominate when grouped. think of it, how long would 2 elementals last against 2 mages or 2 rogues. If you have other complaints leave them also. Maybe someone at Blizzard might give a crap. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT PVP!!!!Wadamess2 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Elemental Competitiveness & Fire Elemental Looking at what others have been saying in the forum, it's almost like Elemental without the legendary is not competitve enough. Would anyone agree? I mean, it's fine if you've got access to the legendary, obviously you should be doing quite well if you've got it, but i don't think it should be needed to keep up with other classes in current content, it just seems wrong. Just another reason to dislike legendary weapons I guess. I'm no perfect player, but I do put in a lot of effort. To not see the reward of numbers takes a lot of the fun out of the game. Regarding the fire elemental. I hate that the fire elemental is so important when it can be so stupid at times. It leaves a really bad taste in your mouth when you drop the todem too far away from the boss so he just hangs out rather than going and attacking. If you're going to make a pet so vital to dps I'd like to see it controlable, at least then it would be tolerable. I think this thing should be compeletely removed personally. I've never seen elemental as a pet class. Thoughts?Blueabadie15 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 lvl 60 shaman talents I feel bad for the theorycrafters if MoP goes live like this, there will be a very clear winner as to which one is the best increase in dps. Unless EotE has a low procrate I'm guessing that.Plavalguna0 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 4.3 Shaman PvP....HELP! Lately I have been leveling my shaman up fast and I just reached level 85. I plan to mainly do pvp, but I am extremely torn between Enhancement and Elemental. I would love to hear what you guys think, and what would be the best combo for a 2s team for which ever spec you chose. Note: I have always played MDPS classes which is why Enhancement is attractive to me, but so is Elemental due to the fact that I have never played a caster. Thanks!Retbùll5 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 PvP Rotation Macro I am using a macro for pvp only that some of you may enjoy. /castsequence reset=10 Stormstrike, Earthshock, Unleash Elements, Lava Lash, Flame Shock, Purge I like it because it adds the ability to watch for casts and utilizing /stopcasting, /cast Wind Shear. It allows me to add a few extra quick cast macros like /stopcasting /cast Greater Healing Wave or /stopcasting /cast Hex Seems like its a no brainer, but in PvP, there are many situations in which you barely missed an opportunity due to mashing abilties to maximize DPS, and this gives you the opportunity to have more control in chaotic fights. Some of you are way skilled and can do it anyway, but this helped me get used to enhancement and learn situational awareness in PvP better. Just thought I would share it with those looking for something like this.Tappout7 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Mastery vs Crit Enhancement. So I have a noobie question for all you shaman folk out there. Is Mastery or Crit better for enhancement? I know mastery is considered the best secondary stat for enhance but I don't see why. All it does is increase the damage of our maelstrom LB and shocks. Where as crit will double the damage of auto attack, WF, LL, and SS which are our top dps moves, as well as increase the damage of our LB and shocks. Plus crit will boost up our heals when the occasion comes to throw one out. Plus crit procs devestation and flurry. What do yall think?Thralm14 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Where are my qt forum friends? /waggle Hello old friends! (des matuk ranixxi etc) I got dragged back after 8 months so... do you still lurk these forums?Waves1 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Enhance hit cap while leveling? Should I be aiming for as much hit as I can, since I obviously cant hit the 17% spell cap yet is there another number I should aim for or just take what I can? Also, really tired of stormstrike/lash being dodged and parried constantly, is it worth gemming expertise once I get some early BC gear over the agi?Splewsh3 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 i have just a few questions. ok os first off do elem shammys need spell pen, and if so how much? and second im looking for a 2h weapon enchant what should i use?Tomatojuice3 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 Desperately need elemental advice Well, I desperately need advice. You see, today in DS i couldn't get above 23k dps. I don't know why. I timed my fire ele to be used with full stacks from my focus and my on use trinket for the most spell power. My priority I follow is as follows. Flame shock Lava burst when off cd Earth shock at 7stacks + (i have power aura tracking this) lightning bolt filler. I use chain lighting instead of lighting bolt of fights with lots of aoe such as yor, but I still can't get above 23k. Please, I need help getting higher numbers. Is it my spec? My gear? My talents? Or is it my rotation? Any advice is great. I dont have any WoL since I dont raid in my guilds main group on this guy. If you need more information please let me know.Zanokai7 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 11, 2012 First Shaman experience in last 8 BGs I am enhancement and in my last 8 bg i have been at the top of the charts with my current gear. I always heard enhancement wasnt any good in cata... have i just been getting lucky or do people just suck in BGs? Not even close to full ruthless or gemmed.Draconin8 Mar 11, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 thinking about jumping into lfr... thoughts?Neldallini1 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Enhancement gear. It would be nice if blizzard actually made gear tailored to enhancement shamans and not hunter gear. Just about all the valor point gear has hunter stats and not stats that enhancers gear for. Kkthx.Telaari7 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Favorite race totems Which race has the best totems? I love the troll totems. The Draenei totems seem relatively boring..Darbathius17 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Which staff to use? Is Jaina's staff better than LFR Ti'tahk? Just curious because im not too sure of which one to be using. - ThanksJnleet3 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Complete Shaman Talent Tree MoP lvl 15 options: Frozen Power--Frost shock roots targets in place for 5 seconds Earthgrab totem-- no cd, summons an earthgrab totem for 45 seconds that roots enemies within 8 yards for 5 seconds, recently rooted enemies are slowed by 50% instead of getting rooted Repulsion totem-- no cd, Summons a totem for 15 seconds that repells enemies lvl 30 options: Nature's Guardian---Same as current talent Stone Bulwark Totem---1 minute cd, summons stone bulwark totem for 30 seconds that places a fresh absorb shield around you every 5 seconds Astral Shift--2 minute cd, shift into elemental plane reducing damage done by 50% and damage done and healing done by 50% for 6 seconds lvl 45 options: Improved ghost wolf---ghost wolf breaks snares Windwalk totem--1 minute cd, breaks all movement impairing effects on you and your allies within 30 yards for 6 seconds Tranquil mind totem-1 minute cd, grants immunity to spell interuption and silence effects to friendly targets within 30 yards lvl 60 options: Healing Tide totem--3 minute cd, heals the 5 most injured friendly targets within 40 yards every 2 seconds for 10 seconds Ancestral guidance-3 minute cd, any direct damage or healing you do heals an injured nearby ally for 40% of healing or damage done for 10 seconds Fortifying waters---Party/raid members standing in your healing rain get a 10% magic damage reduction lvl 75 options: Elemental Mastery---pretty much the same as current talent Nature's Swiftness---grants 5% passive melee/spell haste. rest of talent pretty much the same as current talent echo of the elements--every damaging or healing spell you cast has a chance of being duplicated lvl 90 options: elemental harmony--you can summon multiple totems of the same element at once totomic restoration--if a totem is destoryed before its duration is expired you are reumbursed the time that would have remained in terms of cd reduction on the totem. Totemic projection--instant cast 10 second cd, you relocate all your totems to targeted location. Didn't post numbers on mana cost, healing, or damage as these all change by level and scaling. A few quick observations from this: Improved ghost wolf might imply instant ghost wolf baseline. Enhancement and elemental could serve a major utility roll in raids with the ancestral guidance talent allowing them to back up healers through periods of heavy damage. Frozen power has no range requirement like the current talent making it easier to get away from an enemy who is right on top of you. Repulsion totem doesn't have a range currently associated with it will have to see how that goes.Belenoch58 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Ele PvP: Do you glyph Grounding Totem? I'm figuring this has it's uses.... But maybe more in an organized pvp setting. The way it is now, only being a 25 second cooldown, makes it very useful (especially to counter Deathgrip as I am running away OR before they engage) Any of you have some personal experiences with it that make you feel it's useful/useless?Crimsønchin6 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Pvp Resto Question Just a question regarding hands for pvp resto. Why do top resto shamans like Kollector and Thingtwo uses the elemental hand and not complete 5/5 set? Is crit better than haste? CheersDwmb3 Mar 10, 2012
Mar 10, 2012 Is there a Haste cap for resto? If not at what point should I start putting more stats into mastery being im going haste firstRecklesswave21 Mar 10, 2012