Shaman

Apr 17, 2012 Shaman Rotation Fixes needed for PVP and PVE For many years since I started playing WoW, I always loved playing classes that are combination of diffrent specs. I started off as a hunter and I loved the ability to be able to control a pet and sole purpose of dealing damage. But when I decided to make my first Shaman it was during Wrath of the Lich King, the rotation used for elemental was awesome to me since who does not like to control the elements. Before Cataclysm, the rotation for Shaman was based on correct timing of casting Lava Burst in between casts of Lightning Bolt while making sure your dots where up for the casting of it. But when Cataclysm came out with the advent of the talent Lava Surge you made elemental shamans from being a top dpser to almost middle of the list while classes like Balance druids do nothing more than spam Wrath, Star Surge on cool down until you get to one side to proc and then start spamming Starfire to go back to doing Wrath again once the reach solar Eclipse! Elemental Shamans and Balance Druids should almost be equal in dps but it is not since you made a core or our dps based on a random proc in which we have to stopcast lightning bolt to do Lava Burst which make our dps to up and down. All I am asking for is for you guys to really change the mechanics of Elemental Shamans since we are dependant on one talent for the bulk of our dps in which is completely incorrect. As druids are, we should not have to not stop cast like a lot of players out there do to keep our dps up. I hope this gets to you guys for finally you can make us into a top dps class and not somewhere in the middle. Get rid of Lava Surge and increase the damage of our Lava Burst like it was in Wrath so we can enjoy playing our classes again!!!! Also, next to Warlock, Shamans are the least played class in WoW Blizzard, you ever wonder why? Answer, we have the sorriest survival rate in PVP cause we have no form of CC other than Hex, even enhancement have a cc with Frost shock!!! So that means that we can't cc DK's under there Anti Magic Shell, a paladins Bubble, or a druid at all!!! Where you guys trying to make Shaman easy targets?Lavistus2 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 fire mage vs enh sham this can be such an immensely frustrating fight. whats that instant heal they do? whats the speed burst theyre always getting? this fight sucks.Torcano13 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 why does hunter concussion shot ignore GW why. why does the hunter's slow ignore the GW slow rule. WHY?Akaniku5 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Capacitor Totem Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1101550-OFFICIAL-MoP-Beta-Build-Changes-Discussion-Thread Capacitor Totem. Instant - 45 sec cooldown - Summons an Air totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster that gathers electrical energy from the surrounding air and then explodes after 5 sec to stun all enemies within 8 yards for 5 sec.Telluric13 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 ElementalQt like a Baws (Ascendance in Action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGTnceXvYh8&feature=g-all-lik&context=G2eb5676FAAAAAAAADAA Ascendance in action. Can't wait for Ele pvp in Mop.Lôkî0 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Ele 4 piece bonus(pvp) Hey, question regarding the ele four piece bonus ( for pvp) Im wondering if the four piece bonus deals damage from lightning shield, or is that traded in for the charges not being consumed.Väsain3 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 ShapeShifter dear bliz, if not for the absolutely DISGUSTING race choices shaman are given on ally side I would xfer my shammy as thats where my mates and all my other chars went at start of cata (trying to help balance out the beating ally were copping in wotlk) anyway to the point, I figured a way around this with toshleys transporter and an assortment of other costumes to hide the embarassment of being a drenai or god forbid the filth displayed on screen shouild i choose to be a dwarf shaman for its racial (really.... dwarf, not worg !?! dev stupidity never ceases to amaze) the problem is ghost wolf cancels the costume/effect, as does shifting for druids and metamorph for lock... if you could see it in ur hearts inbetween time spent trying to develop new stuns for roags on shorter CD's to hot fix this, im sure you would make a lotta crew happy /endrant thanks for stopping byLevìathàn3 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 We need a stun... A very underused ability... frostbrand. I would much rather unleash elements cause a 3 second stun when used with frostbrand. 15 sec cooldown OP? We end up giving up damage by not having flametongue on OH to boost lava lash though it would give you flexibility in what fire totems you can drop. While I'm being critical WF glyph blows... make it add another attack perhaps an additional weaker attack if its too strong or you can at least bump the % to like 5%... damn.Doubletime9 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Lightning Shield So I got a question, I just got on my shammy and threw on lightning shield for over purposes, expecting to have to put in back on after 3 hits over and over again as usual. And I realized after some time that lightning shield wasn't coming off! Did I miss something? Is this something they just put in the most recent patch? Can anyone tell me if this is right and when this happened?Gaist2 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Shaman Ascendance 3 videos and much more! VIDEO 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ9vdD5eefI Here's a link to my video of Ascendance in action which also includes Windwalk Totem's new animation. Spells that work with Ascendance: Riptide - Initial Heal and ticks Ancestral Awakening HW GHW HS HR CH UE EW EW ticks Ancestral Guidance Conductivity Does not work with: Healing Stream Totem Healing Tide Totem VIDEO 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYDziG_nwAk This video showcases if Healing Tide Totem, Ancestral Guidance, and Conductivity can proc Ascendance and whether Ascendance is affected by mastery. Mostly showing off Ancestral Guidance's power. VIDEO 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we4PGEoorSI This video show's off Enhancement.Patronum16 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 17, 2012 Elemental, my dear Watson Hello Shaman community, I am a relatively new player (less than a year), and play PvE primarily. I have two related questions for those of you who role elemental spec. I have been playing this shaman as enhancement and absolutely love the class and spec; it is by far my favorite in the game. And because I love the Shaman class so much, I wanted to try the elemental spec so I created a separate alt to try it out at lower levels and avoid re-gearing. At 15 I did my first dungeon and noticed that LB and FS or ES were the only abilities I really had for dps. Now I'm at level 32 and they are still my only three options. I know lava burst is right around the corner, but that's only one addition. I've played the other caster classes a little and by level 15 they have three times as many dps options. Even druids have more by level 30. So my questions are as follows: 1.) When does it get better? Enhancement had similar issues until maelstrom and unleash elements came in to play but because everything was new the first time around I didn't really notice. In your experience, when does a more engaging priority system come in to play? When does ele get exciting? 2.) Is my expectation for the spec wrong? I'm expecting it to perform like other casters, and by comparison elemental shaman seem deficient in dps abilities, at least at this level. How do elemental shaman incorporate into groups at level cap? Like a caster? Or do they function differently? For those of you who play and love this spec, please don't take offense to my questions. I am not criticizing the spec, I'm just trying to determine if I should press on (I probably will to at least 60 no mater what) or chalk it up to "not my preferred play-style" which may in fact be the case. I definitely tend toward melee classes/ specs and so far locks are the only other casters I like besides elemental shaman. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post!Weaknêss7 Apr 17, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Is this the poor scaling I keep hearing about I've been tearing bosses to pieces over the last few months amazed how well Enhance is pulling with low gear, but I feel like I've hit a wall. As my gear has progressed I have not seen the increase in dps I was expecting. To the point, I feel I'm pulling about the same dps in this 391 gear that i was hitting with 384 (i.e. about 32k on 10m reg Ultraxion). I follow the forums regularly and have seen the comparisons that as gear scaled elemental pulls ahead in dps. Just wanting to know if I've reached that point.Elerestenh3 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 New Shaman Totem I would like to see a totem you place on the ground that turns you and your allies stealthed within 15 yds for the duration of the totem or until it is destroyed. Must be out of combat to be affected. That is all.Theraenor6 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Glyph of Telluric Currents Just wanted to ask exactly how people see the new TC Glyph panning out for resto shaman. For those that haven't seen it: Reduces the damage dealt by your Lightning Bolt spell by 30%, but causes it to restore mana equal to 50% of damage dealt. I have a couple of issues with this and wanted to know if I'm missing something. It is still a net mana gain, all be it not as much as on live now but still a resonably healthy amount. So because of this mana gain, does that mean that our regen is going to be balanced around it? In a world with fix mana pools isn't this type of ability going to some what over powered if we aren't balanced around it? Then if we are balanced around it will that not mean that this glyph then becomes manditory?Hursey14 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Haste vs. Mastery Hey guys I currently have a haste setup and I'm noticing that I am getting killed in healing by our other resto shaman. He is set up for mastery I am wondering if mastery is winning over haste? or am I doing it wrong? Here is a link to our log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0pon9wtz6y0q5v42/ßighurt9 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Some Resto Sham help please. This is one of my favorite toons. I am needing some advice on her. Please keep in mind I am trying my best to do what I can with what I have... I just want to get some imput on how I can play her, and better. I dont know what it is about me. But when I take her through LFR, I pull about 12k HpS give or take. I dont know if its my gear, my gemming or what. I read as much as I can find about the classes, and the only resto sham I know who is pretty good, just "does it.", which I cant seem to do as well. If you guys got any ideas, tips, tricks I can do, I appreciate any and all help. I dont want to give up healing because I have heard once or twice I am bad. =/ Thank you in advance, TigglesTigglesprock14 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Ele Shaman MOP PVP Talk I told myself after I got my Beta invite I would share with others information and my views on elemental shaman. Explaining as much as i can to the community whether they can play on beta or not. So here I go. I am going to divide this up info couple parts: Survivability (New and Old) A. Stone Bulwark Totem B. Earthgrab Totem C. Healing Tide Totem D. Capacitor Totem E. Thunderstorm F. Grounding Totem G. Hex H. Healing Stream Totem I. Elemental Focus A. Stone Bulwark Totem. Much like stoneclaw totem (glyphed) now, it absorbs X amount of damage as soon as dropped. Then after 9 seconds whether the absorption is broken through yet or not it puts a new absorption effect on you for a smaller X amount 3 times after the major absorb. I like the totem as its a good amount of absorb, but I hate how it is a earth totem just like earthgrab totem. So if I am being chase by a melee I can can pop my earthgrab totem, but I lose my smaller absorbs amount ticks from bulwark totem. I would not mind seeming blizzard put the full absorption effect up front as it would be nice for totem management, but overall a nice defensive cooldown. B. Earthgrab Totem very much like earthbind totem (spec'ed), the totem roots the enemy within 10 yards, but the totem pulses every 2seconds and roots targets that have not been rooted after it had been dropped unlike the current eathbind totem (spec'd) which only roots when immediately droped. Also slowing them for 50%. Overall a great totem and great defensive cooldown against melee. C. Healing Tide totem. This totem is a 40 yard aoe heal for 5 party or raid members for X amount every X seconds scaling with haste and spellpower and lasts 10seconds on a 3minute cd. I really like this totem. As of right now for myself it heals for around 10k every tick getting about 6 ticks off for 60k health or so. I can see it being very useful in all pvp situations. D. Capacitor Totem. This is a new totem added to our bars that is very unique. Once placed the totem takes 5 seconds to cast an aoe stun on anything within 8 yards, stunning them for 5 seconds. I like the idea behind the totem, but I think its one of our weakest defensive and offensive abilities. The totem does not have much health at all which means it could not be a trusted way to stun a player if you are using it as a offensive ability. The totem also only reaches 8 yards so logic says move away, and I found that the case with most of all the melee who faces me, but on the bright side I had 3 seconds of peace while they were running out of range of the totem. Still would not put it as a trusted stun and think it could use some tweaking. This totem does have a glyph to reduce the cast time of its stun by 2 seconds, but still leaves 3 seconds left. E.Thunderstorm is still good old thunderstorm. My main thing I wanted to point out at this time is that mana seems to be a little tough going into long duels so this ability might not always be there for our defensive/offensive use. F. Grounding totem nothing changed with this totem. G.Hex is still the same old hex. H. Healing stream totem has been tweaked a little bit. This totem still heals 5 people, but now only lasts 15 seconds and has a 30second cooldown. I. Elemental Focus aka Clearcasting is very attractive now. So anytime you do a non dot crit you get clearcasting which increases your next 2 damage abilities damage by 10% or next 2 healing abilities single target healing by 50%! I like what they did with this ability. Only complaint is you are never sure when you are going to crit unless its a lava burst flame shock combo, but otherwise it makes our healing surge a pretty cool offheal and should prove worthy in pvp.Côde8 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 ele/enhance problem so I am going to make a shaman and i want him to be ele/enhance. I am going to level as enhance, but my problem is when i hit 85 how do I gear up as elemental becausemy plan is to be ele for pve and enhancment for pvp. And if at 80 i decide to level as ele when i hit 85 what is te best way to get enhancement gear for pvp? P.S race suggestions are appreciated:-)Oléary6 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Axes that hang on your back when not equiped Does anyone know where i can find a pair of axes that when i don't have them equiped they show on my back criss crossed? Thank you.Theblur14 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Was getting bored with WoW . . . and then I created an Enhancement Shaman. I just hit Outland, and am having more fun in the game then I've had in years. Why the hell did I wait so long?Necrossa22 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Draenei or dwarf? I was going to start a shaman but i don't know what race to pick. is there any benefit for one over the other? thank you for your timeJeanclaudexi31 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Spell Penetration What's the best way to get it on your gear? Obviously I'm still gearing up. I need a good bit more hit to get my spell hit up so my purges/hexes won't get resisted. But I'm at a loss as to where to go for Spell Pen. Another good question is how much expertise is too much? I have 23, wondering if that is too high and I should be reforging. If anyone wants to look at my stats and tell me something they see horribly wrong, I'd appreciate it :)Zakuza15 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Flame/Earth Shock Macro Help Jesse Cox mentioned in a recent video that he has a macro in Cataclysm that broke apparently in Mists of Pandaria's beta. It supposedly casts Flame Shock if the DoT isn't on a target, and Earth Shock if it is. Does anyone know this amazing macro and care to share it?Investment7 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Leveling Alright, plan on healing when I reach 85 so I'm wondering should I do 80-85 as Elemental to build up a decent set? Currently doing enhancement but I have a full resto set for dungeons but I'm wondering if just having 1 set and being ele/resto would be simpler and easier, and if Elemental levels as well. Have boas for both sets, though only helm/cloak matter when I hit 80 so meh.Grezlok7 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Ele shaman DPS. Please help. Hi, I have not played this toon for a while, and currently I decide to level it a bit for the alt runs. Unfortunately, he ends up being at the end of dps list on pretty much all the fights. And I cannot figure out what is wrong with it. I still have a few items to upgrade, but I do remember being much more competitive on my rogue with a similar gear level. I am using askmrrobot.com for reforge, which by default favors haste slightly over mastery. Would reforging haste to mastery make much difference? Here is the latest run (from a pug, but this is irrelevant): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vw82h3m8ge2famza/ What am I missing? Please help. P.S. I know the hands are missing a gem and enchant, I just replaced it from 378 item.Guttlekraw5 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Rate the Shaman Mog Above you #2 OG one is about at the limit. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3881723750?page=1 Rate my colorful Enh mog :DStreetguru120 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Unleash Elements for Elemental Shamans Hey guys.. I just started my shaman recently, (as you can see by achievement points) and I heard a nifty trick with UE and LaB. I have heard to use UE with FlS, and with LaB, but a video on youtube said both. He said that if I cast UE (Flametongue, obviously) and cast Lava Burst, with Flame shock at the end of Lava Burst's casts time, Both get buffed. Can anyone verify this? EDIT I just tested it, and it did prove true. UE with Lava Burst then Flameshock: both are buffed. Goodbye Flame Shock glyphZaeta5 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Level 90 Talents Unveiled Elemental Blast 0 Mana 40 yd range 2 sec cast 12 sec cooldown Harness and direct the raw power of the elements towards an enemy target, dealing 0 Elemental damage and increasing the caster's Critical Strike, Haste, or Mastery by 5% for 8 sec. Unleashed Fury Your elemental weapon imbues are empowered, granting additional effects when triggered with Unleash Weapon: Flametongue Weapon Increases the enemy target's damage taken from your Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst abilities by 25% for 10 sec. Windfury Weapon For 8 sec, your melee auto-attacks can trigger Static Shock. Earthliving Weapon When you use Unleash Elements on an ally, you are also healed for double the amount of healing done. Frostbrand Weapon You leech heat from the enemy target, gaining 50% movement speed for 4 sec. Rockbiter Weapon You take 40% reduced damage from the enemy target for 5 sec. Primal Elementalist Your Earth and Fire Elemental Totems draw forth powerful primal elementals directly from the elemental planes. These servitors are 50% more powerful than regular elementals, act as pets directly under your control, and gain additional abilities. Sources http://www.wowdb.com/spells/117014-elemental-blast http://www.wowdb.com/spells/117012-unleashed-fury http://www.wowdb.com/spells/117013-primal-elementalist So basically, the only one I'm really excited about is Primal Elementalist, which looks badass, but still no word on whether they're leashed to totems while under this effect. Elemental Blast and Unleashed Fury look so very, very bland it's unsettling. Hope there will be some changes to make them incredibly more interesting. Thoughts?Karlaethus60 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Play suggestions? Hi guys, i got a scroll of res the other day and i thought hey you know what? i have never had a shaman so i thought it would be a good idea to have a shiny new Lvl80 shaman and skip ahead. then i realised that I have no freakin idea on what they can do what style, benefit etc. So my plan is to make this one a scribe/leather worker. This will make me start in the start levels as i wander the earth getting leather. I have been playing casually for a bit with 85 lock 82 lock, 85 priest, 80 priest, 55 hunter, 40 warrrior. Range has more been my thing. i have max herb/mining high ench/alch and so skinning may be good. So i guess what i am asking is: Is a shaman more like a warrior that can buff himself than a zappy warrior? What are their strengths/weaknesses? i will find out later on but was hoping for any insights before i wander the earth. My shammie will be enhance for a change of playstyle. any thoughts would be appreciated. SpivShazamo0 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 Haste vs. mastery Which stat should i be reforging and stacking for bgs??Bplastic1 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 elemental blast + msw I looked up elemental blast on wowhead nad found that it is a nature school spell. Does this mean it would be instant cast with msw? What do you guys think?Whik11 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 16, 2012 H Spine 10m Elemental Question Quick question for Elemental Shaman about H Spine 10m. My guild is trying to nuke the first tendon down in one Amalgamation. We are 3 healing. My question is, would Glyph of Flametounge Weapon be a greater dps increase over Glyph of Flame Shock? Sadly only have healing WoLs, we have been trying a 4 healing strat to no success. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6gnudkc9dfdhx02r/details/7/ Thanks in advance. Seems like a noobquestion.Ghallowen1 Apr 16, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Dis be da end mon! Dey be killin us fo sure dis time! Dey be confiscating our totems, reducing our mana, charging us more mana per spell mon... ma heals, dey be sucking me dry mon! Dey gave me a pet, but dey be giving it to me when I be old and tired... Im 90 mon... why do I be wantin dis extra mouth ta feed now dat I be finished everyting mon? Ya couldn't have given me dis here pet when I be all on my own leveling in da wild? For shame mon... All dese new talents, dey all be for pvp mon... I don't be needing mobility and crowd control mon... dese dungeons no be needing dem mon. I no be bodering spendin em mon, I gonna save em and gives em to a class wit someting worth spendin em on. I tell you, dey be hatin in us real bad now... dis be da end!Wulffric16 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Shaman PvP Spec Decision Help! :O I realize you've probably seen a thousand and one forum threads about the very same topic, but I'm just wondering...what do you think the best Shaman PvP spec is? Don't tell me resto, I don't like PvP healing. >< Basically, what I mean by "best" is; -Funnest -Viable -Overall a nifty spec c: Thank you!Zanzíx0 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 2k RBG Wep I was wondering if the Maw of the Dragonlord Wep was better than Cataclysmic Gladiator's Gavel for rbg purposes when your at around 2k rating? You lose 13 int and about 170 spell power but gain that aoe healing affect, so i guess if its eye of the storm or your grouped together in WSG it would be the better choice? Or is it just not worth it?Nyrok0 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Shamans! Post your Enh High Scores!RBGs http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8896/streetguruenhsucks.jpg 16-3 with 5695045 top damage can you beat that?Streetguru5 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 mop ele glyphs Curious if anybody has done the math out there yet. Looking at glyphs on beta and don't really see anything that sticks out as awesome.Shockblock1 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 New Shaman Seeking Advice As it says, this is the first time I've really played a shaman and I'm wanting to make sure I get some good habits in before I end up learning bad ones and then having to reteach myself at a later date. So, I suppose the biggest issue I have at this level is. My mana consumption. I'm burnin through it and I constantly have to keep sitting down to drink and mana up. If it helps, I usually use alot of Lightnings and Chain Lightnings. Especially the Chains on bigger pulls. One thing I have began doing is placing my Flame Strike (Sorry if that's not the name, but its the fire elemental DoT) on a few mobs and then using Fire Nova. Don't know if this is doin me much good or if it's a waste or not. Also, if it helps I'm running Elemental spec as well. And if I may say so, I've done just a few bgs, nothin serious on this toon, and wow, you Shammy's pack one hell of a punch.Kazzikz0 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Ele Vs DK help I have been playing this guy a couple of months now and I am really loving Ele for bg's. Arena is a lot harder. The main issue I am having is against frost Dk's. I have been duelling them and I just cant seem to get them down. I am pretty much dead by the time AMS, Pillar of frost is down and then I cop a silence. I try to ground the DG but it gets eaten by an Icy touch or something other than DG. Please help with any 'constructive' adviceScøøps7 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Managing My Elemental What stats determine my elemental's properties when it spawns and are there any raid buffs that modify it or it's damage after it's out? Should I try to only use it while Power Torrent Trinkets, Pots, and Synapse Springs are fired up?Almadala3 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Elemental or Enhancement? I was laying in bed being a nerd and thinking about my Shaman, i want to try something other than healing. I'm a 379 (go ahead and laugh) resto shaman but its getting so boring and easy. I need something diferent. I'm ele off spec but thats for soloing BC dungeons for transmog gear because of the no CD on chain lightning. I just don't know anything about shaman dps. Some help would be nice :DRamenshaman4 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Elemental Mastery Question My ele shaman is my alt, so I tend to do wayy less research than I do for my rogue. During Elemental Mastery, do you cast 9 stack Fulmination earth shocks? What about with the Elemental 4pc?Ragerus6 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Would you like changes to your rotation? TL;DR: What changes would you like to see to your rotation? Propose them, discuss them, defend them. As Enhancement, also remember we want to make haste a good stat. I've been following the beta really closely. I hope I get in soon. One thing I've seen is that some classes are getting changes to their rotation to make it feel more streamlined, to flow better and make them interesting. Retribution is getting a smoother HP generation, Rogues are also getting changes to AoE and variation in the form of Blindside, a revamped Revealing Strike and the like, Tanks as a whole are being revised so their damage mitigation rotations are interesting and that made me think that we're probably on schedule to also have ours revised. Is there anything you would like to see changed? With fixed mana pools, a lot of new keybinds, new CDs and active abilities, plus the fact that we get very little benefit from haste and crit, I certainly would love to see some streamlining. Off the top of my head, I can think of two changes: Make weapon enchants passive to their respective specs and unlinking Shocks from one another and removing their cooldowns. Now, this would give us less options - no more Frostbrand - but would also make using Frost Shock less of a hassle. Damage, threat and more importantly mana cost can be balanced accordingly, as Enhancement has a small mana pool, Elemental needs LB and TS to regen and Resto also needs to decide whether to spend mana on a snare/root or on healing and would make us more aware of diminishing returns. It can have a steep mana cost compared to the other two shocks. Elemental would be on its way to have the most comfortable rotation on the face of Azeroth and Enhancement would have a button to press when everything else is on cooldown. This would also free a keybind that can now be used for totems, which will be important in Mists. Enhancement's AoE also needs work. That's a given. Linking it to Lava Lash is a topic of controversy. Fire Nova is now an Enhance-only spell, so I'll start with that. I'm OK with the cooldown. Maybe a glyph to reduce or remove the CD but also reduce damage would be an interesting choice. What I don't particularly like is the FS > LL > FN part. One change I would love to see is making FN a spell cast on your target that hits everything around BUT the target. Think Mind Sear. You would then have to decide if you want to cast it on an enemy or a tank, for one. And this brings me to another change. Removing Flame Shock from Enhancement's rotation. You would ask: But why? It works perfectly well as it is. And I agree completely. But I've run out of keybinds as it is and I want to use every new toy we have. Ascendance, Spirit Walk, Stormlash, Capacitor... I have no idea where to stick them and I feel I'm not going to be the only one thinking like that. How would I remove FS from Enhancement's rotation? There's several ways of doing it. One would be to simply buff it for Enhancement. Another, the Butcher's way, would be making it Elemental-only. Another would be to link it to Static Shock, making it so both DPS specs deal with an "Earth and Thunder" scenario. And finally, the last change. The one I'm really unsure about but could bring haste to significance. Remove Flurry - reducing crit's importance -, make Unleash Wind last twenty seconds, adding a "Slice and Dice" like aspect to Enhancement's rotation and buff MW damage. But I would certainly need input about that one from a proper theorycrafter about that one. So... well. Long post, huh? The thing is: Would you like changes to your rotation? And if so: What kind of changes? I love Enhancement's current rotation, but an expansion is the perfect place to toy with ideas like this, and we know shamans are still under development. So talk up, bring up ideas, discuss. If rogue glyphs are any indication, Blue's are reading (:Edov7 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Flametongue Totem vs Searing Totem Hey guys, I'm just getting back into my Shaman after having him shelved for quite awhile, and am focusing on Elemental. I just have a question about which Fire Totem to use. I notice that Totemic Wrath cancels out Flametongue Totem's spell power buff, so I have been using Searing Totem for the extra sear dps, as with Totemic Wrath it provides the spell power buff as well. However, I find with keeping max distance and without Totemic Reach, the sear is often out of range of whatever I'm fighting. My question: Do you guys find it more convenient to just lay down Flametongue Totem for the extended duration, given that Searing Totem can be unreliable and has a short duration, or do you just cast in Searing Totem's range to make sure the sear hits? ThanksBluechief2 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 A Cool Idea for enhancement pvp i was thinking about this spell for enhancement pvp. i can allso see it being like our 87 spell. so its for all 3 specs. but im enhancement so im only going to touch on the enhancement ideas. (Maelstrom Pulse) 2 min CD Enhancement- charges your windfury weapon to let out a burst of nature damage within a 6 yard range (channeled 5 seconds) after 5 seconds you place a maelstrom storm cloud on the ground. Enemy's in this vortex will take nature damage from all attacks lasts 8 seconds. While in the vortex you will get the debuff "Harsh Winds" all healing recieved will be swept away in the maelstrom and distributed to everyone in the maelstrom. "including enemy's" Ok so the first part of it i got from the forth boss in dragon soul. "Hagara the stormbinder" its a channeled spell. you can move while its channeling. and then soon as its done channeling it will put the maelstrom cloud down. that works like smoke bomb only flipside is that it doesnt 100% stop healing. instead anyone inside the vortex that has "Harsh Winds" that is getting spam healed. he will get none of that healing instead the vortex will suck up all the healing and will put out healing in the form of a AOE heals for everyone inside the maestrom including enemy's. so if i were to jump on someone pop maelstrom pulse and when the vortex goes down and i start doing crazy damage their healer will be healing him and me with AOE healing that is getting sucked up from the maelstrom cloud. What do you guys think?. i still didin't add the Resto or elemental version of it so if anyone wants to. leave a comment down what the ele and resto version should do! :D If you guys really like the enhancement idea. i'll post on the MOP forums!Budlightning2 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Glyph of "Enhanced" Ascendance Idea!! After watching a few of the Ascendance videos for enhancement, I notice that there is only enough time to cast 2 Stormstrikes. I found this kind of underwhelming for a 3 min dps ability, especially since the animation for stormstrike while in this form is pretty bad !@#. So I thought, there should be a glyph of ascendance that halves the cooldown of Stormstrike to 4 seconds rather than 8 for the duration of ascendance. This would allow the enhance shaman to cast 4 stormstrikes before the duration has ended. This would help boosts the burst-y-ness of the cd and give off more of those really cool stormstrike effects!!! Please tell me your thoughts on this as a glyph or maybe just a general upgrade to the ability.Tragathor27 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 Help on Madness. Hi, I was wondering if any other Enhance Shamans are finding their dps to be unsually low on madness compared to all other dps classes. I know spell weave is a huge boost in dps and my recount usually shows most classes spell weave accounting for about 8-12% of their dps while spell weave was only 2.1% of my dps. I don't think theres anything wrong with my rotation, and I'm hit and expertise capped. I peak around 36-38k dps and usually level out around 33-34k. So do any other enhance shamans find their dps to be unusually low compared to other classes? (due to spellweave)Pullups9 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 15, 2012 shamans cant heal in mop so after looking over the spells list only resto shamans have healing spells and enhance/elemental only have healing rain.....WTF?! how can they make tiers in the talent trees only buffing heals when only resto shamans having healing spells? whats the reasoning behind this?Zomgwtf11 Apr 15, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 Enhancement Trinket Question I know this has probably been asked many times but when i did a search, i found mostly stuff dealing with LFR versions. My question is, fluid death or the 397 starcatcher compass? My other trinket is the lfr wrath of unchaining. Ive read that you would use fluid death over the lfr version but how about the regular one?Mcenroe1 Apr 14, 2012
Apr 14, 2012 MoP Enhancement Shaman v Druid Symbiosis I think there's a problem with the current symbiosis swap. Feral druids will get Feral Spirit, while shaman get Solar Beam. The problem is that Feral Spirit is 2 minute cooldown that provides a serious DPS boost. Solar Beam, on the other hand, provides an aoe silence that does nothing to help the shaman fighting a feral druid. Like all PvP abilities, Solar Beam is situationally useful against certain classes/combos, but against a feral, not so much. What would really be equitable in that situation would be a Prowl that removes the caster from combat as well as all DOT effects, or Feral Charge, or snare removal with shifting to Ghost Wolf, or even a 5 combo point Rip. The bottom line is that an enhancement shaman needs to receive something equitable for loaning the primary ability that defines its specialization. Given that we already have a 5 second interrupt, Solar Beam just doesn't cut it. For those who argue that this is a druid ability and therefore should not benefit the target in any way, I answer with an old standby of Blizzard's. Forgive me for paraphrasing, but it basically goes like this. Buttons that are no-brainers have an important place in every class rotation, but when a core ability becomes a no-brainer, then it is a design problem. There should something interesting about using these abilities. As it stands, there is nothing interesting about Symbiosis when a feral druid meets an enhancement shaman. Press Symbiosis, gain a significant advantage, sacrifice absolutely nothing, easy decision; design problem.Valdum17 Apr 14, 2012