Warlock

Aug 21, 2014 I hate what they did to Demonology. I've hardly played at all this expansion at all. I purchased it like everybody else, but this was the first time I've bought an expansion and didn't hit level cap, I resubbed some months later and hit it and quit. I've returned 2 times now and I just can't get back into the game. Demonology was my favorite spec to play, despite being it not being the best spec. I guess the thing I absolutely hate doing is having to build fury, I don't want to be a warrior. I was fine with it having a cool down at least it gave me the option of when I would like to be at my strongest point. I'm aware that Demo has some things better now than it did previously, but I just can't help but dislike what they've done. I don't like affliction and I don't like Destruction so it feels as if they've essentially killed the game for me. I've been playing trying to used to it and learn it properly but I just can't help disliking it. Sorry I guess I just wanted to vent my frustrations with the direction the game took this last expansion. /rant.Izayus42 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 10 Mages Vs 10 Warlock showdown This is the battle to finally see which class is better . 10 mages vs 10 warlocks.They will be wargames with a classic Warsong to start off then random battlegrounds everyone wants to fight in. Judging on how successful this turns out we'll do it again, and do other class showdowns also. Everyone needs to have atleast 540+Ilvl Pvp gear to come. We don't want this to be a boring 10 frost vs 10 destro, so arcane and fire mages feel free to apply, and we want affliction and demo locks to come also If your interested apply at https://openraid.us/events/view/227918#info The battles will happen on this Friday from 7 to 11 P.M Eastern time,but could be subject to change. P.S. It's not like you pathetic warlocks could win anyway :)Justcold1 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 New Warlock! questions Hi I just rolled my 1st Warlock, and am still pretty new to the game, about 6 months in. What is the best spec for late game raiding?Coramonde3 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 Demonology Warlock PvP No this is not a QQ, I have 10 classes 90 so I have a good grasp on what needs a buff and what needs a nerf, and at the moment Demonology Warlocks are in serious need of a buff, our survivability is fine, just give us more consistent damage, off cooldowns we're so useless. Demonology was my fav spec leveling up, for pvp and pve but once I got 90 and started pvping it was....what. Please give us even a small buff in a hotfix for pvp just to hold us off for WoD. I also understand that every damage/survivability buff for pvp ALSO effects pve, and to the best of my knowledge demo locks are doing fine in pve. Please blizz, figure out a way to make demonology not the least represented class in pvp, even under all tanks, we're at the bottom and we're suffocating, help us.Herecomedots58 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 Weapons... I'm conflicted on my weapon choice mainly because I've heard the sha staff is bad for warlocks in general, however it's heroic warforged, I do have the Heroic warforged wand from spoils and the heroic offhand from IJ, now what I'm wondering, would switching to the wand/OH be worth it?Burntsoul4 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 21, 2014 How many cutting edge Locks here Did not play the PTR for the raid tiers that they blew away with their guild before blowing it away with their guild?Locknificent21 Aug 21, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Which two trinkets of these? Currently rocking Purified Bindings(LFR) and Yu'lon's Bite, but got Frenzied Crystal in LFR last night. Which two trinkets should I use?Voidsoul6 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 LFR Garrosh Havoc Deathcount Who wants to go for high scores? How many people can you kill in one attempt?Chalz7 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Simple Suggestion Many Warlocks are already aware that when completing your quest to obtain green fire, your abilities are engulfed with fel energy turning green. This even changes the icons of our abilities. What is strange though, is that this icon change doesn't occur in our specialization book. I find that funny because rain of fire (the ability used as the icon) changes its ability icon. I think it would just help us green fire locks feel more appreciated if we could actually feel the green is part of our specialization (because it seems it is according to the lore)Othoth2 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Warlock doom and gloom on WoD? Since I don't have access to the beta I am hanging around the class and beta forums to try and decide between leveling this mage or my lock for WoD and I noticed today that the warlocks seem to be very upset with the class on beta right now. Can someone with beta confirm/deny? I feel like since the WoD class forum is for specific beta feedback people are less likely to give an unbiased opinion there since they are trying to drive a point home. So how is it on Beta? I would likely play Aff/Destro but never demo.Esoteric6 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Warlock Theme Song Not sure if it's ever been brought up before, but I came across a random song on a google lyric search today...and this song is definitely the Warlock theme song if there ever was one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujzp9ffPwPMArchaon14 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Uhh, silly question... Cataclysm looks like it does ridiculous damage at the moment, even if actually hitting someone with it would require work. I haven't heard enough about beta yet, but I have heard of Demo one shotting people with Demon Bolt (that does much less than cataclysm). Does this spell seem a bit ridiculous to you when you factor in destro using it? It consumes embers, so mastery applies. Destro gets +30% crit during burst Multistrike is a real thing Sounds to me like a geared lock could exterminate half a bg in one shot, if someone let him do it.Spinnerette6 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Lvling a warlock? So after just coming back to WoW the changes to spriest seem pretty major and not sure I am digging it anymore (sadly having more fun derping around with holy dps). I am looking at making a lock possibly but Demonology has changed so much. It looks like it really lacks much tool kit until high level so do locks just lvl as affliction atm?Delaiah9 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Are Warlocks still good for soloing Timeless? Just wondering cause im kinda sick of being melee and would LOVE to change to Range DPS though but i loved to dot/burn and dps mobs down from range (with pet) :)Drakferal7 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Transmog Advice? I've had the t14 heroic set for awhile... but just recently got interested in wearing it. Can anyone think of a good matching staff/tabard to go with the set?Benaffløck0 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Shadowburn Warlocks, I have been raiding on many toons and i can not help but notice all warlocks geared and un geared alike can do a 5:30 fight and the 2nd highest dmg done will be the execute or soul reaper equivilant. If im not mistaken this ability cant be used until 20% on the boss so how on earth does this ability do sooo much dmg?Gurzill5 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Quick gear question Is it worth it for me to make the tailored 553 pants over using the flex tier legs? I can't seem to get the tier legs to drop off celestials to save my life lol .Gemswarlock1 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 What is HB and Millz? So i just creamed some try-hard huntard on timeless and he raged at me with "turn off your HB with Millz running, I know you are on it cause i run it on my lock horde side, you are nothing without it" I'm so confused >.< guessing it's some kind of add-on? anyone use it/them?Felmaw6 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 20, 2014 Warlocks in WoD http://i.imgur.com/Bl5rUSZ.png I know this is just simcraft and its just beta...but what the heck? How likely is it that dps will be tuned before release? What were MoP and Cata betas like for simcraft? I shared this with people who went "LOL ABOUT TIME" but really, what's the sense in making warlock's top dps worse than nearly all the hybrids in the game? I'm fine with not being top 5 but there is such a huge gap between top 5 and everyone else. Warlock aren't even in the middle, we're lower mid tier. I will still main my warlock but this seems almost like punishment for us being so powerful in MoP. Is it really necessary to punish a playerbase to appease everyone else? NO ONE is going to want to take a warlock if the hybrids do more dps, can bring more utility and off heal for an emergency combined with how low "top" warlock dps is on the chart. Plus we've lost moving incinerate so its we have tons of viability anymore on non patchwerk fights. Can anyone on beta comment that plays a warlock?Mookuma8 Aug 20, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 The new beta Incinerate animation discussion. I've seen the new Incinerate animation in action in both red/green formats and I think it looks horrible. Here's a video if you are not familiar with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F61EYY4GFVk Some people seem to think this it isn't a big deal since it's only a visual, but I do think it's a big deal because you see Incinerate casted frequently as a Destruction warlock. Personally I think the new version looks really bare and almost glitchy (and not in a cool, chaotic kind of way). So what do you all think about it? Also here's a Straw Poll for fun. http://strawpoll.me/2376197/rAlasander11 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 demonic servatude means i can have 2 pets? I understand this talent means I can summon my 10min cd pets with a 1min cooldown. but it doesn't really tell me they are replacing my current pet or that they will be added to my normal pet summoning group. so in essence the 10min cd spells become 1min cd and they are permanent and none of this effect my other summon. essentially making me believe i can have 2 pets out at all times, my normal pet and my infernal. please oh god let this be true.Pseudony59094 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Warlock Pet Concerns Okay so, a couple things here regarding, not all the pets, but a few, three actually: Felguard, Doomguard, and Infernal (Along with their supremacy counterparts) Fel/Wrathguard I love my felguard, he's part of the reason I went demonology in the first place. When I first ask what spec would be best for leveling this toon back in oh BC, everyone said demo for the felguard. The reason for that is was hyped up to be the most powerful minion a lock could control even better than the infernal and doomguard. I said, "Sure, ok why not?" Well after I gained enough talent points I specced into him and took with me into outlands. I couldn't believe how much better he made soloing. A cleave, a taunt, a bloody charge attack. He was awesome and remained that way for a while. Then cataclysm came, and well not quite as awesome, anymore. Sometimes I worry about pulling aggro from him even if it's the target he has already established threat on him. He also has no more taunt. He kind of feels like one those kinda sorta could be a tank but not really a tank pets. This actually isn't a hard problem to fix, just give him back the taunt, or now that I think about it allow him to auto cast intercept on targets that attack his master in addition to the gap closing ability. At least then I won't have to worry about pulling threat from him. Well that about covers him. Infernal/Abyssal and Doomguard/Terrorguard I guess my biggest concern here is more of will they be so weak that demonic servitude won't be worth taking or will they be so strong that demonic servitude will be practically become mandatory even for demo. I think this also concerned blizzard for a while because they were worried about finding a niche role for them. Well, I did a bit of brainstorming earlier, not much, but a simple basic idea or two; and maybe it's too late in development now, but I remembered back in classic each spec seemed to have a minion it favored between these two minions and the felguard. Aff: Doomguard Demo: Felguard (duh, lol) Destro: Infernal Well so here's what I was thinking, just like they baselined felgaurd to Demo spec, why not just go ahead and baseline the other two pets as spec specific pets. Aff gets doomguard, demo retains felguard, and Destro gets infernal. The abilities for the doomguard and infernal can remain as they are except I would change cripple to a DoT just to kind of keep with the aff flavor. this would be my version of it. Inflicts W amount of damage over X amount of seconds. Each time this spell deals damage the targets movement speed is reduced by Y%. At the end of it's duration the target is rooted in place for Z amount of seconds. This is kind of like a reverse chains of ice where the target is almost completed root in place but gradually regains movement speed over the spells duration (Picture your feet actually being frozen in ice and you regain speed as the ice melts). In the case of cripple the exact opposite would happen. You'd retain full movement speed till the spell's first damage tick and would gradually have your movement speed reduced with each tick (Think of your body being slowly crippled by a debilitating disease). Well who knows, beta is still beta, but sometimes I tend to ponder things like this. Who knows maybe demonic servitude is a way for Blizz to determine the viability of doomguard and infernal as a perma pets and perhaps one day make them spec specific just like the felguard, only time will tell.Lagiera7 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Help with Greenfire Final Boss So yeah... I dont know if this is a bug or something, but I manage to out threat the Pit lord by a large order of magnitude on the last boss. The thing do not have a taunt, so that means if I do ANY damage during the start free phase the pit lord is unable to pull the boss off of me. So then I tried to not dps him at all, and only enslave the pit lord and deal with the imps and only put Immolate on the boss. This worked right up to the point where he casts cataclysm, I get the pit lord to charge, and I thought hey the buff is nice and casted a chaos bolt. That + the tick from Immolate got me the threat again... Bad of me to have used soul shatter on the imps since I thought that was the go - to strat, but at this point I think I should just tank the imps and use shatter when I get the boss and stop dps... Basically it seems the harder you hit, the more you have to deal with every bolt / damage he throws at you and it becomes a very frustrating fight, like back to the days of BC and vanilla when the MTs had bad threat gen and we had to have threat drops / stop dps / wand the boss... Anyone got a suggestion on what to do... I am going to try to start unequipping stuff next, if that won't work then I need to burn thru a set of timeless gear and see if dropping it down to like ilvl 500 can get my threat in check... Edit: i also am using the gate to drop threat on CD. am i missing a taunt mechanic on the pet? maybe my current addons is hiding it or something...Furyshadow21 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 WoD Beta tuning for us done? Pecc3 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Gul'dan I've been doing quite a bit of reading on Gul'dan. I knew a little bit about him from playing WC and WCII back in the day when it was released but I wanted to learn a bit more about him and his history and whatnot. One question I still have: If Gul'dan subscribed to a particular spec...what would he be? Destruction or Demonology? I ruled out affliction cause there really seems to be no evidence that that would be his forte but I could be wrong.Archaon4 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 I'm such a noob... I think warlocks will be fine at the beginning of WoD. Been reading the Beta feedback on locks, especially affliction seems not to be functioning very well. Not talking number tuning, which is always tweaked after expansions drop anyways. Seems that mechanically/rotation affliction seems to doing badly compared to destruction and demonology, at least to the few beta warlock posters. Not many locks showing up on the Beta forums, at least in comparison to other classes. This means little pressure on devs to fix issues, or so it seems to me.Buqushi0 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 new warlock, little help Hello, New to warlock and loving it ... I played this character to 60 and then boosted a couple of days ago. I'm reading all the guides (icy-veins, noxxic, wow/mmo forums) and watching them on youtube. So my questions aren't about glyphs, gems, talents, etc; but more about what to do in certain situations. One of the tougher challenges I'm facing is what do when I aggro a lot of mobs and my tank minion (or player tank in dungeon/raid) is far away. Can anyone suggest a good rotation for these types of situations? Right now I'm just using Shadowfury to stun and then run away, Conflag to slow. But a lot of the time, they just wake up and keep coming after me ... Sometimes my minion (or player tank) will regain aggro, but sometimes no, and I feel like I'm just running a lot and dying when they catch me. Of course I'm weak right now, and pratice will help, but any advice would be great. Also, rezzing is new to me ... So with the spell Soulstone, I can battle rez? Is there any protocol or best practice for battle rez? Simply rez a tank or healer when you see them dead? Should I communicate with other healers that are trying to rez the same character? Last one ... about DPS (yeah I know) ... Currently, my gear is terrible with no gems/reforges, and don't have all glyphs just yet ... Heck I still have a couple of my boost gear. So I'm not asking what my dps should be given my gear/stats, etc (solid 55K, LOL) ... but what DPS benchmarks I should be aiming for at given ilevels ... For example, at ilvl 515 I should be hitting no less than XXX dps single target. I know I know, a lot depends on the gear and how good you are ... Really just looking for ballpark numbers so that as I gear up and practice and I can gauge whether I'm doing well or if I totally suck. Thanks a lot, it's been a while since I've been a noob so any feed back is appreciated.Bâmbâm5 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Demonic Gateway 95: In the Curve ... RIP FraiRecklessfear499 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 DPS too low. Need help! Hello I'm a 532 Item Lvl. I've been playing a warlock as my main for some time. I've been doing LFR and have been thinking about getting into Flex but my DPS is garbage when it should be higher. In Dungeons/Raids I could get up to 120K DPS On a dummy it ranges from 90-100K DPS My rotation is: Curse of Elements Immolate Conflag X2 Chaos Bolt if I'm about to cap on embers or if procs are up I'll cast Dark Souls and use up my embers on Chaos Bolts I've watched videos to see what's wrong with my rotation. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Open to criticism. Just want to become a better player.Yunizon19 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 how does Soul Link talent work? The wording is kind of ambiguous. Does it mean that 20% of damage my minion takes goes to me and 20% of damage I take goes to my minion? When it says 3% of my damage is healing, does that include damage from my minion and/or Wild Imps? Is that 3% total or 3% to me and 3% to my minion? Thanks.Dushkun4 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 any tips/tricks for the green fire quest? i've tried over 10 times now and the best i've gotten him is 11m health when i accidentally hit the hotkey for his charge. the fight isn't really that hard except for the fel hunters. they're literally what's making it so difficult. if they devour control over my pet, all hell breaks loose. i'm just usually overwhelmed by everything that's going on. anyone have some tips for this fight?Wallywaldo14 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Flex BBoY vs. Normal FCoR? I am a 570 affliction warlock, and I was wondering which trinket would give me more DPS, a flex Black Blood of Y'sharj or a Normal Frenzied Crystal of Rage.Daedrec6 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 Best race hello everyone I have a question I have just recently made this warlock to lvl 20 but im real worried if I made the right choice for the race or not my question is for alliance side what is the top best race for a destruction warlock pve mainly with solo play and some pvp .Ashany9 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 19, 2014 New to warlock, cc tips? I boosted a lock when I came back to MoP, and played destro because a friend told me it was supposedly the best. Eventually, I got bored with the class itself, but I decided to give affliction a shot, despite not knowing a thing about how it works. Now I've toyed with it on dummies for a while, and have noticed the dancing abuse with tome of sacrifice and soulburn/summon. In that regard, is it worth the time, shards, and effort to dance between two different pets to double up on ccs? I understand you can dispel with felhunter, then silence, then sac and silence again. At this point, it seems most beneficial to soulburn into another pet to get a different set of abilities based on your current needs/ DR... but is all this work really worth it? In the time spent doing all of this, and recovering from it, would it be better used doing other things?Spinnerette5 Aug 19, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Warlock Ui/ WoD Ok let me start with saying, no disrespect but I would prefer that only high rated in arena warlocks respond to this thread. The last time I made a similar thread as this asking for advice I had people who were clickers that couldn't crack 1550 responding. I'll also preface this thread with a brief explanation of my warlock background. I haven't truly played a lock since vanilla, this warlock has been leveled here and there but has really only served me for his professions. I have decided for WoD that he will be one of my two mains, and I want I mainly play him as affliction pvp. So my first impression as I've been trying to situate my bars and gain a comprehensive understanding of my abilities and cool downs is at least for an affliction lock the standard blizzard UI is woefully inadequate. Not nearly enough space on my bars. So I have begun my hunt across te net for a better arena orientated UI, one thing that is giving me pause though, is I have heard rumors that we are losing a lot of our abilities in WoD, so will I be wasting my time with a new ui that won't be necessary when WoD drops?Xarothos5 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Need a little help with Demonology So I absolutely love the Demonology spec it is very fun to play however I dont feel like im using meta right. What I do is basically do my standard rotation until I reach 1000 fury than I pop everything pretty much in this order pot, dark soul, meta, summon doomguard, imp swarm, grim of service, felstorm, doom. than i basically spam ToC. I think by using ToC instead of soul fire in meta it allows me to last longer in meta plus i can save my soul fire procs to use when i leave meta. I do feel like Im not doing this right for some reason and would like some tips and advice on what to do to maximize my dps. Also what is a better build haste or mastery? Im currently using mastery but could haste be better? my current haste unbuffed is 5,641 and my mastery is 11,889Bloodyxheart4 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Lack of Green Fire for Affliction So playing Affliction as pvp I can say that even though the green fire questline was awesome, and a great thing Blizz added recently imo, Im just not able to really enjoy it as affliction. I get more pretty green in the random pve I do with my destro offspec than anything in Affliction. There's really no cool affliction graphics that have been changed and now that I hear they're taking out rain of fire... what exactly spells will we have that anyone can tell that we've killed Kanrethad?Psyloth14 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Need add on for affliction Hi! I just made a new Aff lock and i was wondering what add ons i can get to see dots easier. I remember having one where the dots floated above the enemy, but forgot what it was called. If you could tell me some good aff lock add ons that would be great, thanks for reading!Lèlouch3 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Demonology Warlock needs revamp/buffs Hey blizz could we get some buffs for demonology warlocks? As of right now hunters, monks, dks are op as F - they can one shot anyone they want with high survival rate. Demonology warlocks are struggling to get kills and survive. Most warlocks are destruction and its so boring being forced into one spec. I miss talent trees. I miss variety. Been playing this game since 2004 and switched from warrior to demonology warlock thinking they would be fun and strong but nooooooo. every 5 min you get to burst weak touch of chaos for 10,000 mere damage at full pvp gear? wtf blizz.... while hunters and other classes are hitting for 300k... Some changes I would like to see for demonology warlocks are as follows... 1) our metamorph off a cooldown there is no need for it to be on a cooldown or reduce it to 3 seconds. 2) our glyph of falling meteor does not always work and having it randomly stop us in mid air to fly down is a fail. It should maintain its flight path forward. 3) death coil got changed into mortal coil and its just DUMB! Now warlocks cant get a killing blow and I hear in WoD that fel flame is no more.. so how will we get killing blows? 4) Demonology warlocks have no aoe and no one wants to glyph into hand of gul'dan placement. That just f's our one shot macro up. 5) Dark Bargain should mitigate 60% damage not just 50% 6) Felguard should be stronger and no need to summon wrathguards that look stupid and ugly. change the grimoire to something more useful. Plus wrathguards do not equip weapons correctly when using glyph of felguard.. looks stupid as hell. 7) I cannot stress enough how infernal and doomguard should not be on a 10 hour cooldown eer feels like it - should be 2 to 3 min. 8) also cannot stress enough how I hate someone stealing my killing blow on a target after I did all the work. Warlocks need a killing blow spell. Hunters have kill shot/blow, warriors have execute, priest and destro and afflict have their kill shot/blow spells but nooo demonology has nothing. 9) why the f did you make a glyph of tanking? remove it and make something more worth while! No one uses it and those that do are noobs messing up (TROLLING) random dungeons. 600% threat wtf 10) take off the fury requirement for carrion swarm and leaps. no point putting such demonic fury requirements on those. 11) speaking of demonic fury ... help demon warlocks produce more fury. At any given time I am either demonic fury starved or at a mere 400 to 500 if lucky.. its really messed up. You give rogues and monks and druids the ability to fly across the map at high speeds... so warlocks with burning rush are pointless... and its health requirement is even more pointless and dumb. seriously wtf?! its like we don't have much to choose from here in the talent specs.. forced into one spec no variety no uniqueness no fun.. /sigh /facepalm #lazy developers #wtf demon warlocks suck in both pvp and pveVullraxnu81 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Question about destro warlocks Im mainly a healer but I have decided to learn a dps class and have chosen warlock.My question involves CB and SB I know you are suppose to line it up with as many procs as possible but my question is if I only have about 2 embers and one of my rpm trinkets proc should I use CB?Also fights like garrosh where there are adds in the beginning do I pop everything and just AOE? but also use CB?Shortychaos2 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Help setting up Simcraft to get stat weights. I just downloaded Simcraft to get stat weights to enter into AMR. What should I set up under the options to get this? I upped the iterations to 10,000 and changed the fight style to Helter Skelter. Under the scaling I checked off int, sp, crit, haste, and mastery. I ran the sim and the weights that I got just didn't seem right. Is there anything else I should be doing differently? Is Helter Skelter the best fight style to use for SoO?Revyk1 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 what does my voidwalker get from me? I'm currently solo'ing old instances and am hitting a point where it's getting harder. I've been favoring gear (like on the AH) that has large amounts of intellect. I'm wondering if maybe it might be better to go with gear that has a little less int, but also has stamina and/or more armor. Would this be worth my effort to switch to?Dushkun7 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Question about destro warlocks Im mainly a healer but I have decided to learn a dps class and have chosen warlock.My question involves CB and SB I know you are suppose to line it up with as many procs as possible but my question is if I only have about 2 embers and one of my rpm trinkets proc should I use CB?Also fights like garrosh where there are adds in the beginning do I pop everything and just AOE? but also use CB?Shortychaos4 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Ideas on how to better Afflictions AoE :) So iv been thinking on ways to better Affliction at AoE and I thought of a couple ideas that would be pretty neat to the spec. :) As I said these are just ideas of mine that I would like to share to see what other people might think or maybe even someone from blizzard might see it and like my ideas lol. Ok so I came up with 2 spells that I think could really boost afflictions AoE and make multidotting much faster. The first spell is a spell that will spread your dots to all targets within 10 yards I mean I feel like a class that is so reliant on their dots should have a fast dot spread spell. The other spell is a spell that refreshes all your dots on targets within 40 yards. I think these 2 spells could really help this spec out however I havent thought of everything such as what each spells cooldown should be or the name of the spell or if they should cost a soul shard or not also if the spread spell should have a target limit or not kinda like fire mages inferno blast. Please let me know what you think of these ideas. :)Bloodyxheart51 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 What should be my first conquest pt purchase? I'm a destro lock, just getting into pvp, starting to get enough conquest points to make a purchase. For spending my conquest points, there a particular armor slot that is important or a dagger? staff? How should i spend my first few conquest points?Grimourne4 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 How am i supposed to reforge as a Destro Lock?? I wanna be getting big bolts crits. Atm, im only getting like 100-120k crits. Is that normal without Dark Soul? Im stacking full mastery gems or should I be stacking mastery/int and mastery/pvp power too? Thanks. (Btw, you cant see my armoury because the website is bugged. Im in full prideful apart from some 569 celestial leggings. Also got full enchants and gems.)Immolatez2 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Hey I'm Pauly Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself to all of the newer Warlocks. Welcome to the community! I haven't been on since about a week after they released Green Fire into WoW, so it's been a bit for me. As usual i've come back to see what's new in the community, as the forums are one of my favorite parts of WoW. I've been a Warlock since pre-BC (When Highlord Kruul raided SW and IF) ahh nostalgia is kicking in. Don't get me wrong I love playing the game, I seem to learn a lot though through other peoples experiences and game-play techniques they share here. So what's going on? Anyone enslave any new demons lately? ;PPaulywally3 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 S.Priest or Warlock - PvP Hey all, I took a long break from WoW and am coming back and am trying to probe the priest and warlock communities to figure out why people choose either class. I used to really enjoy shadow priest PvP - strong dps + good defenses, very mobile, and the support (mass dispell, shields, silence, etc) were clutch in countless situations. I also enjoyed the holy utility I could offer a group because it allowed me to take a break from shadow and offer a different role if necessary. Other abilities such as mind control and levitate, really allowed the shadow priest to be just a fun class to play. While I really enjoyed S.Priest PvP, it got dull after a while... the same few spells for most situations and it just seemed that the spell order + combinations was kind of boring. To me, it felt kind of auto-pilot... just mind flay until mind blast was up, then devouring plague at 3 orbs, then mind flay some more and throw in some SWD. I've been a long fan of the warlock, and have been considering warlock PvP, but I'd like to know why people choose this class for PvP other than the fact that they enjoy it. What current utility, or PvP capability, does the warlock offer that no other class really offers? What makes the warlock fun? What do PvP warlocks really struggle with?Condemn1 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 WoD Warlock PVP Feedback Here are some of thoughts coming from a casual pvp perspective. On live I mainly do random BGs and arenas for !@#$z and gigz. Affliction: When I first logged into beta I hated affliction compared to how it feels on live. After a while of adjusting to the feel, I really really like it. SB:Haunt feels like it will do a ton of dmg once the numbers tuning happens. The animations also looks really cool when tied with the new drain soul. The pvp set bonus that gives a soul shard when CC'd (15 sec cd) makes shard gen more reliable as it is almost guaranteed some sort of CC will happen every 15 sec. The only problem I have right now is the lack of snares affliction has. The removal of the fear snare and exhaustion hurt big time considering that fear duration was nerfed on top of ridiculous melee uptime in beta. The removal of snapshotting has made dot management a lot easier however much more bland in playstyle. The only time to refresh dots is when they expire which happens faster due to the removal of pandemic. The shard cost of for soul swap hurts a lot. I do think something had to be done about soulswap, but adding a shard cost and double shard cost for SS:SS is clunky. They should've just given soulswap a cooldown like it used to have. Overall I think affliction will do really well, especially as haste levels increase. Demonology: Shadowbolt needs to either have a reduced cast time or increased dmg. The removal of fel flame makes generating fury on the move incredibly difficult. Its hard to gauge right now because a dmg tuning pass might make shadowbolt hurt, but id rather have a reduced cast for better fury gen. Carrion swarms removal hurts as well, I don’t really understand their reasoning for its removal. It didn’t cause button bloat and it wasn’t an overpowered spell by any mean, however it was useful and I would like to see it return. Demon bolt is a nice addition to dmg options. Seems like a good option for when you aren’t being focused if you can get of a few to build up its dmg % increase per cast. More often than not I find myself using touch of chaos over demonbolt though. Its fury cost and dmg don’t really make sense, but could make sense after a dmg tuning pass. GoServ is still the best talent in that row by far in PVP. It might be just me but I also feel like they increased the demonic leap range by about 10 yds. The tooltip doesn’t really clarify. Edit: Imps AI is currently bugged. If the target they were currently attacking dies they just sit idle until they despawn. This is pretty game breaking considering the dmg and fury gen they provide. Overal demonology feels okay. Fury gen could use work with the removal of flame, but other than that I like it. Destruction: Presently is a tank monster with the new searing flames talent combine with charred remains. Honestly don’t have any problems with destro outside of the dmg tuning that will happen in the future. Using the abyssal gives us an aoe stun that can be chained with either aoe fear or a mortal coil for some decent control. The set bonus that reduces conflag cd by 3 seconds helps us deal mobile dmg more often. Incinerate is difficult to get off against melee, but it will be justified if incinerate does high dmg after the tuning occurs. Mechanically, I wouldn’t really change much. All of the problems to me seem dmg related which will adjust in time. Also I hate the new incinerate animation. Also let me know if you guys have any questions or would like me to test something out. I will do my best to get back to you.Moemuerte3 Aug 18, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 So many non-locks after tome I was just wondering if players who are not warlocks can pick up the tome...Locksong4 Aug 18, 2014