Warlock

Oct 19, 2014 A little heavy handed on the nerfs? I know its not WoD yet ( praying for better changes) and I know that demo was a bit powerful on live and needed a bit of tuning . But holy crap 20% nerf to all spells made me a bit sad ( dont even care for KJC nerf or FF being gone) . I was just happy for a bit that we finally got to play a diff spec aside from destro for the next Xpac , but thats out the door for now anyways. I Know we shouldnt look at sims and judge a class/spec over all performance, but it is a good look at raw dps and having 2/3 specs being that low is just crazy. Just had to get that out lol, well still play my lock and enjot it at endgame raiding, just I hope for better hotfixes to come.Downloaded11 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 WTB Fel Domination Been playing demo more lately since touch of chaos is mobile burst in pvp. But holy crap the pets just die in pvp so easily. I seem to be petless most of the time. The improved pets die just as fast, and the 2nd pet is only a bandaid, while synergy is kind of pointless with there being none while the pet is dead. Destruction has flames of xoroth which just seems backwards as most destro locks i see run around with a sacrificed pet. Demonology needs some kind of quick pet replacement, reduced damage/increased health on pets, or just give us sacrifice back because synergy is a wasted talent. TLDR: Give demo(the pet spec) a way to keep their pet out better than destructionSlysdexia0 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 If they made demo a melee spec I'd play it even if it was horrid dps. Just saying.Gooberjelly6 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 Not Rewarded For Completing Green Fire? tl;dr i completed green fire when it came out back in 5.2 and about 2 months ago or so i turned it off because i was getting bored of it, and when patch 6.0.2 rolls around i never got the feat or the title. i make a ticket and this is the response i get. seriously? has anyone else not gotten the feat or title? is it a bug maybe because i disabled it? http://i.gyazo.com/78d362a60d9c688f65f704b63ca5800f.pngPunkweight1 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 Warlock Solo Spec? What is currently the best soloing spec for old content such as 10m ICC and 10mh ICC? I have looked around on many other threads and forums that I can't seem to get consistent suggestions or answers because most of the advice is outdated.Dotnstout18 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 rate that mog! Let me hear your guy thought about my mog! Note my demonic eyes Edit: the glow from my shoulders arent showing for me :/Chaoticsoul7 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 PvP: When to take Howl of Terror? I've been running mortal coil for arena and in RBG teams where we have a lot of stuns to throw around and shadowfury for most other occasions. Now that HoT is on the talent tree, I'm not really sure when I'll really need it. Unlike mortal coil and shadowfury, it shares the same DR as fear, so it seems to me like I'll rarely want to bring it along. Anyone out there running howl of terror? When do you find it to be useful?Etienne0 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 At first I was sad about the KJC change... Then I realized, with fel flame being gone too, destro, a spec I despise playing with a burning(lol) passion, is probably going to be completely unviable on most bosses in pve due to having pretty much nothing to do while moving! Thank you sweet jesus! I HATED being forced to play destro at the beginning of t15 and t16 in order to pull decent numbers due to my beloved affliction being nerfed and unviable until getting very good gear. It's nice to see the tables will turn. Don't worry though, people who enjoy destro, maybe you'll still be good in LFR where you can ignore mechanics and stand in fire without dying. RIP destro, I'll /spit and /dance on your grave all through WoD.Someguysome33 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 Is green fire gone? Please tell me i can still get it. I dont wanna not have it just because i decided to sub after 3 years late.Shikkari12 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 Quick question about how AD works Im looking at AD. Ive never tried it before, and im wondering if it works similar to Conflag but with a longer cooldown, or does the cooldown not start ticking until you've used both charges of DS?Leetozlock2 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 Does anyone know the current top dps spec? I can't find much information about what spec is supposed to be top dps for warlocks at the as of 6.0.2. I've tried all 3 on the dummies at the shrine and it seems destro pulls in front of demo a tiny bit and both of them are higher than aflic. I was wondering what other people found so I could decide what spec to learn. THanks.Asukah18 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 New Glyph of Dark Soul not available? I am looking for this gilf: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=159665/glyph-of-dark-soul Is it available? or probably no one still was able to learn the cookbook to make it? ThanksMagushor7 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 Shadowburn usability fix. Please fix the health % that it is usable at, on normal mobs at L90 I can generally kill a mob without it hitting 20% HP (solo and in group dungeons), Can you guys make it 25% HP? Back in the day the abilities were usable under 30% HP due to the low HP values that enemies had (like they do now).Cristislock5 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 Human casting animation I realize now it looks like the animation you do when you're getting hit while casting. Is this a recognized bug because it's pretty crappy. Hmmm..I go on a mage and their animation is smooth. My lock however when I use soul fire or shadowbolt he does that weird animation like he's getting hit from melee.Goldenshot1 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 The Mastery choice Hey all- just wanted to see what people's choice was in terms of making mastery more of a priority in PVP rather than haste. With the movement nerf to Drain Soul, I think it might be better to gem and enchant full mastery to take advantage of the damage increase from our three DoT's in PVP since that's what we're going to be casting most of the time before we get stun-locked to zero health lol. Thoughts?Putrence2 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 Demo is already getting nerfed ya'll https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/522874447926026240 Was fun while it lasted.Demoniclily70 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 Knee jerk nerfs need to stop It blows my mind how some of these changes have panned out - now you can't tell me that these changes were made for the level 100 talents in mind because even after looking at them they no way fit in to the fight style of the warlock - plus having spells like fel flame removed doesn't help smooth things over further. Today's 'hotfix' almost made me gag - a 20% nerf? Jesus christ! With the changes made to how healthstones and battlerez's - I don't know how Blizz expects us to be able to hold our own / solo content.Autismhorse25 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 fel fire do we get to keep the green fire after WoD hits if we got it before the quest dissapears? sorry if this has been stated somewhere else already.Xmadman2 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 HardXcore Demonology Warlocks Was it worth it to get rid of all those stinky FOTM Demo's taking your spotlight? At least everyone in Azeroth will now recognize the special little flower you are when you get to get carried through farm content next expansion. Enjoy the bench nerds, at least felguard has a nice run animation. http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.htmlPermutatiøn8 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 Harvest Life + Glyph of Drain Life bug? If Drain Life restores 6% health over the duration then shouldn't spec'ing into Harvest Life increase it to 12% and using the Glyph of Drain Life further increase it to 24% over the duration? If yes, then the tooltip is bugged. If not, why?Megryan0 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 19, 2014 This is so infuriating. Blizz fix asap still.... no dam sammich recipes in the game. I know 266 recipes for cooking and when i look up what I am missing.... STILL NO DAM SAMMICHES I am old and play for fun. neither a piss poor lock nor a great lock. so there are changes. I shall learn new changes. and enjoy my lock. nothing really to !@#$% about at this stage.. it's a patch to an xpac. unhappiness is pretty much spread equally. BUT..............I really really want a sammich. have some delicious chocolate cake and a glass of babies tears. it's all good.Metastable1 Oct 19, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Green Fire shortcomings Several abilities do not update to green fire after you complete the Codex of Xerrath: The trail of fire the Dreadsteed leaves with minor Glyph of Nightmares remains red. The talent Sacrifical Pact fire remains red. Dark Souls spell effects remain red. Please reply if you notice other abilities not becoming green.Foulisfair4 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Felguard running animation Is this new? I don't remember the Felguard's run looking so silly.Lachina3 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Finally thought I had a solid WoD main - Demo Then this hotfix patch notes were posted a couple hours ago. 17-20% nerf across the board in damage for Demo? That puts us at about 25k at T17N sims down from 31k. We're now where Frost used to be, and where Balance is. The thing is though, Frost was buffed. Is Demo now in the back of the line? I finally felt reassured I had something solid to play and a main that was locked down, and I was relearning Demo and having a lot of fun. Now I'm worried again that we are middle of the pack at our very best. I know these threads are annoying, so I really apologize. I'm just concerned. I'm not sure if I should stick with it and hope for the best, or figure out something else to main. The problem is that every class is complaining, yet just because we're a bit ahead on numbers it doesn't warrant a ~20% nerf in overall damage, while other classes are getting buffed by nearly the same amount. What do you guys think? Stick with Demo? A lot of specs are having a lot of complaints right now, so deciding what to pick to main for WoD (or at least main in the first couple tiers) is extremely difficult. Thoughts?Gynx12 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Nets and Turret Casting in WoD Are tailors getting Nets back in WOD since we can't run and cast like we did in MoP?Elderbrand0 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Glyph of Verdant Spheres Could the graphic effect of this glyph please rotate around the characters head at one charge? Presently when it is at one burning ember charge it remains fixed to the forehead in one position. It looks awkward and clips with the forehead.Foulisfair0 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 How to adapt aka l2p I've seen so many posts regarding caster mobility (locs and ele mostly) that go something like this: OP: class is broke/threaten to unsub/exaggerated qq Responses: l2p, or my new favorite, you just need to "adapt." What I have NOT seen, is any constructive post on the matter. An ad hominem or a vague term like "adapt" helps no one. What would help is some of the players who are doing ok to describe specifically what sorts of tactics they are using. For instance, one of these is juking a cast (not an easy thing to judge). Some will smash it on cd in melee range, while a really good player will wait until your chaos bolt/fear/etc is ALMOST done casting. Just an example to get the ball rolling for someone to elaborate on. I'm no expert, and have not pvp'd much on ele or locs, so I for one would love to learn something new.Pyridious8 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Is this a joke? What did you guys do to warlocks. This is the worst experience I've ever had in World of Warcraft pvp. It's not just Warlock's either that's the sad part-it's all classes. But I'm really feeling it on my Warlock. I thought it was bad before but now it's the worst thing I am quitting this game. For starters, Howl of Terror should never be a talent...it should be a base ability for all specs. If you didn't like it that much then just keep it instant as afflic and cast time as destro like it used to be. It's better than the current situation cus now we have to choose and we lost death coil and shadowfury. And what happened to our filler spell felflame? what are we supposed to do while we are kiting? Use shadowflame? oh sorry, that;s gone too. Oh and thanks for giving seduction a cooldown, is if that wasn't enough. Youre basically making warlock unplayable in pvp. You removed like half of classes abilities and did a crappy job at it. if you found it too much before then you cant just go to the other total opposite end and remove like everything good. cant even get any spells off or breathing room. And wheres my curses gone?! And magic absorbant shield?! It's all much needed in pvp and I'm really feeling the loss to the point where i want to quit.,Toy4 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 P̶v̶E̶ ̶D̶e̶s̶t̶r̶u̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶[̶G̶u̶i̶d̶e̶] As of 10-14-14, this guide is no longer up to date. Unfortunately, I won't be maintaining this guide into WoD due to focusing my efforts on the Demonology guide. I will edit the title on the 14th to make sure no misinformation is spread. It's been real and thanks for all the support on destro friends. I'll see you on demo. Following in the success of my Demonology Guide, we’ve seen a lot of Destruction questions, so I guess it’s time to make a guide on these forums for Destruction! Better late than never, and I will of course attempt to maintain both guides going into WoD. Table of Contents 0. How to ask questions. How to dispute something written here, correctly. 0.1 How to ask questions. -Do not assume your rotation is correct. Ever. Log out in your correct gear before asking. If you can please bring logs so you can thoroughly be examined. Don’t take offense during the help either I’m not always the nicest of people, I can promise you I will help you to the very best of my ability 0.2 How to dispute something written in this guide, correctly. -How to dispute something written in this guide, correctly. Address specifically what you dispute, and then suggest your alternate thoughts. If I agree, it will be added and you will be added as a contributor. If I don’t agree, deal with it. 1. How to Gear 1.1 Stats and how they affect you 1.2 Racial bonuses for Destro/Warlocks 1.3 Tier bonuses and Trinkets 1.4 Gems and Enchants 1.5 Builds 2. Talents 2.1 Talents 2.2 Glyph Choices 3. Rotations 3.1 Single Target rotation 3.1.1 Ember management 3.1.2 Backdraft 3.1.3 Shadowburn or Chaos bolt? 3.1.4 Havoc 3.1.5 Set bonuses and how they affect you. 3.1.6 Opener 3.2 AoE Rotation 4. Useful Addons 4.5 How to log 5. Sources, Credit, Contributors 1. How to gear 1.1 Stats and how they affect you Haste- Haste makes everything, faster. Your cast times become shorter, your dots tick more. Haste also increases mana regeneration for destro. Critical Strike- Crit increases the chance for a critical strike on any spell used. Should be noted that despite Chaos bolts's 100% crit chance, crit still increases the damage it can do. Mastery-Increases the damage of immolate, incinerate, fel flame and conflagrate. It also increases the effectiveness of burning ember consuming spells. This means literally every damaging ability you have is increases by mastery, much like intellect. Hit/Expertise-Decreases your chance to miss any spell. 15% or 5100 hit is what you need to ensure you do not miss any spells. Intellect-The primary stat we use. Makes our spells hit harder, and it scales with everything we do. 1.2 Racial Bonuses for Destruction/Warlocks Trolls offer a 20% haste buff for 10 seconds on a 3 minute cooldown, and 5% extra damage to beasts. Orcs offer a spell power bonus of 2257 for 15 seconds on a 2 minute cooldown, and 2% increased pet damage. Goblins offer a rocket jump forward on a 2 minute cooldown, and a passive 1% haste. Undead offer a drain life style passive to deal shadow damage and heal you for the same amount, and an ability to remove a fear, charm, or sleep effect on a 2 minute cooldown. Worgens offer a 40% sprint for 10 seconds on a 2 minute cooldown, and a passive 1% crit bonus. The sims outlined here are each race for destro: http://i.imgur.com/UkSBkxi.png From Sparkuggz’s guide: ... 1.3 Tier bonuses and trinkets Tier 2 set bonus: Conflagrate critical strikes have a 20% chance to increase the critical strike chance of Immolate and Incinerate by 10%. Tier 4 set bonus: When a burning ember fills up, your critical strike chance is increased by 15% for 5 seconds. Here a list of up to date rankings on trinkets for destro: http://i.imgur.com/jy98gPU.png 1.4 Gems and Enchants Shoulder: Greater Crane Wing Inscription Cloak: Superior Intellect Chest: Glorious Stats Gloves: Superior Mastery/Expertise/Haste Bracers: Super Intellect Belt: Living Steel Belt Buckle Boots: Pandaren’s Step Pants: Greater Cerulean Spellthread Weapon: Jade Spirit Off-Hand: Major Intellect Gems: Red socket=Artful, or keen if hit is low (After around 540 ilvl, when the stat on your gear really starts to increase, you should start gemming keen either way because the reforged stat will far outweigh the gems) Yellow socket=Fractured Blue socket=Sensei’s Meta=Sinister Primal Diamond/Burning Primal Diamond Note: The debate between the LMG and normal meta is a VERY small dps difference (2000 dps at most), and if you play either of the other 2 specs, both highly benefit from the LMG proc, so there is really no reason to play with the normal meta gem. 1.5 Builds The great thing about destro is its ability to perform well at any gear level. While haste breakpoints aren’t really relavent to destro (besides the 2k one which you will easily obtain) having all the breakpoints is still a nice resource to have: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/haste/warlockdestruction There are a few different builds you can take, but there is little DPS difference in any of them. Crit Build: Int>Hit(to 15% or 5100)>Mastery>Crit>Haste This build really only works for destro and does not play well with Aff or demo Haste Build Int>Hit(to 15% or 5100)>Mastery>Haste (to X Breakpoint)>Crit>Haste This build allows you to hit a significant break point for aff (9778, or 13737) or for demo (8094, or 14873) and play both specs well. I personally recommend the haste build. It allows you to comfortably switch specs on the fly, and overall feels better and smoother in a raid setting. The crit build, while it allows for bigger numbers, and in heavy cleave performs better (if you can execute correctly). The single target gain on crit is minimal compared to haste. The thing I don't like about crit, is it is all RNG, and you should never really want to (if you can help it) rely on RNG. 2. Talents TL;DR on talents: Soul Leech MC or SF depending on if you need a stun Soul Link Burning Rush GoSac Or GoSup (depending on gear level and trinkets) KJC or AD depending on the movement in the encounter. (Should be noted that AD is not as strong a CD as it is for Demo or aff, so taking KJC doesn’t hurt destro nearly as much.) Tier 1 talents give you the choice between self-healing talents. Dark Regeneration restores 30% of your HP and increases healing received for 12 seconds. It also restores some of your pet's life. It has a 2-minute cooldown. Soul Leech is a passive ability that causes your important offensive abilities to grant you a shield for 15 seconds. The shield's strength depends on the damage you deal with your abilities, but it cannot exceed 15% of your maximum health. Harvest Life is a passive ability that improves Drain Life, by increasing its damage done by 50% and its healing done by 150%. Overall, I find SL to the best talent. The passive healing shield is nearly always up, and just adds onto your massive damage mitigation. Tier 2 talents give you the choice between several crowd control abilities. Demonic Breath reduces the speed of all enemies in front of you, within 10 yards, for 6 seconds. It has a 20-second cooldown. Mortal Coil is both a crowd control and a survival ability. It causes the target to run in fear for 3 seconds and restores 15% of your maximum health. It has a 45-second cooldown. Shadowfury stuns all enemies within 8 yards for 3 seconds. The choice here is between Mortal Coil or Shadowfury. It will vary on the fight and if your stun is needed. Tier 3 talents offer damage reduction mechanics. You have the choice between the following talents. Soul Link causes 20% of the damage you take to be transfered to your demon and causes 3% of the damage you do to be healed back to you and your demon. This ability is only active when you have a demon active. Fall damage is not transfered to your demon. If you choose Grimoire of Sacrifice as your Tier 5 talent, then Soul Link passively increases your maximum health by 20%. Sacrificial Pact causes your demon to sacrifice 25% of its current health to give you a 10-second shield that absorbs up to 400% of the sacrificed health. If you do not have a demon out, 25% of your health is sacrificed instead. Sacrificial Pact is on a 1-minute cooldown. Dark Bargain prevents all damage (except fall damage) for 8 seconds. After the 8 seconds are up, 50% of the damage prevented is dealt over 8 seconds. It has a 3-minute cooldown. When using GoSac Soul link's damage mitigation changes into 20% increased HP. Sac pact's bubble when used with GoSac takes from your own hp to shield you. Depending on the fight, sac pact should edge out, however I feel either talent is a good to take. Dark Bargain is a strong cooldown, but there’s too few times to use it to its full potential in SoO. Tier 4 talents offer crowd control and utility abilities that cost health to use. Blood Horror causes enemies to run in horror for up to 4 seconds, if they melee you while Blood Horror is active. Activating Blood Horror costs 5% of your maximum health. Once activated, Blood Horror lasts 1 minute. Burning Rush is an ability that you can toggle on and off without restriction. While it is active, your movement speed is increased by 50% but you lose 4% of your maximum health every second. During Burning Rush, movement-impairing effects cannot reduce your movement speed below 100% (your regular running speed). Unbound Will removes all magic and movement-impairing effects, as well as effects that cause loss of control of your character. It has a 1-minute cooldown and costs 20% of your maximum health. Burning Rush will be your go to talent here. It is incredibly useful in getting where you need to go, just a little faster. UW has uses (see heroic malkorok) but too few in SoO. Your Tier 5 Talents affect how your pets aid you Grimoire of Supremacy replaces your minions with more powerful demons that deal 20% more damage. Grimoire of Service grants you new abilities that share a 2-minute cooldown and allow you to instantly summon a second demon for 20 seconds. The abilities are Grimoire: Felguard (Demonology-only), Grimoire: Felhunter, Grimoire: Imp, Grimoire: Succubus, and Grimoire: Voidwalker. The temporary demon cannot be controlled and will attack your current target. It is possible that the temporary demon you summon be the same as your currently summoned demon. In this case, you will temporarily have two instances of the same demon fighting for you. Grimoire of Sacrifice sacrifices your demon to increase single-target spell damage by 15% to 25% (depending on the specialisation) and to regenerate 2% of maximum health every 5 seconds. Resummoning a demon cancels the effect. If you have chosen Soul Link as your Tier 3 talent, you will be passively granted +20% maximum health when you sacrifice your demon. Finally, you gain one of your demon's abilities, which you should choose based on the boss you are fighting: Imp: Singe Magic (useful for removing 1 stack of most debuffs); Felguard: Pursuit (useful on fights with movement); Felhunter: Spell Lock (useful on fights where interrupts are required); Voidwalker: Shadow Bulwark (default choice); Succubus: Whiplash (can be helpful on fights with adds). GoSup is the best DPS gain until you reach a high level of mastery, then it begins to fall off. After 15k mastery (Citation needed GoSac CAN be the best dps gain if you can correctly use your ember using spells (CB and SB). Tier 6 talents affect you directly Archimonde's Darkness grants you two charges of your Dark Soul spell. This means that you can use Dark Soul one more time over the course of a fight, and that you have more liberty regarding its timing. Kil'jaeden's Cunning allows you to cast Malefic Grasp (Affliction), Shadow Bolt (Demonology), and Incinerate (Destruction) while moving. Mannoroth's Fury increases the area of effect by 500% and damage by 100% for Hellfire, Immolation Aura, Rain of Fire, and Seed of Corruption. Increasing the area of effect by 500%, means that the radius of these AoE spells is increased by roughly 125% KJC is my talent of choice for destro, incinerate hits pretty hard, and being able to cast it on the move is a very nice quality of life talent. AD is a close #2, as two charges of DS is very nice, the reason KJC edges it out, is DS for destro isn’t as strong of a CD as it is for demo or Aff. MF has little to no use as destro. 2. Glyphs Glyph of Eternal Resolve: Allows 10% passive damage reduction. If no major CD is needed for a high damage spike, this is a great glyph and even more so when coupled with Soul Link. (Note: If running Destro on thok [I do not recommend], taking the CD reduction glyph on Unending Resolve is better to allow you to get a few more hardcasts off). Glyph of Soul Stone: allows you to res someone with full HP. Can be the different between and instant death on a battle res, and actually getting them up. Glyph of conflagrate, healthstone, ember tap, Siphon Life, or havoc. Any of these are fine with the exception of havoc. Havoc glyphed increases the CD from 25 seconds to 1 minutes, but gives you 6 charges of havoc doubling normal havoc. That’s 2 Chaos Bolts or 6 other casts. This a DPS loss on MOST fights, however there are specific encounters where it is not, namely: Thok Protectors Klaxxi Shamans Garrosh 3. Rotation 3.1 Single Target Rotation -Maintain immolate -Cast conflagrate on CD -Cast Chaos bolt when: *You have 3.5 embers (only dump 1) *You are generating them too quickly (usually though heavy AoE) *IF you have large Int/cirt/mastery procs *You have DS up -Cast incinerate -Cast Felflame if moving unless you have KJC, then cast incinerate if moving. -Maintain CoE on the target unless another person is maintaining instead (work this out before the pull!) Shadowburn replaces Chaos bolt replaces below 20% hp on the target. 3.1.1 Ember Management Embers are you secondary resource that cap out at 4. Chaos bolt, ember tap, ad Shadowburn all use embers. You never, NEVER want to cap embers. It is ALWAYS a dps loss. If you’re at 3.5 embers, burn one ember then build back up again, and burn another, and continue this until get strong procs, then dump all your embers. 3.1.2 Backdraft When you cast conflagrate, your cast time of your next three incinerates, or 1 chaos bolt is reduced by 30%. While it might sound nice to reduce the long cast time of CB, it’s a DPS loss. You want to use backdraft on incinerate almost always. However if you need something to die NOW, using backdraft with CB is perfectly acceptable. (Note: There are exceptions to this, including your opener where you want to maximize CB damage, cast CB whenever you get 2 embers [See opener section for more detail]. The other exception is when you have a strong trinket proc that is going to fall off soon.) 3.1.3 Shadow Burn or Chaos bolt? Is the target below 20% hp? Shadowburn. The issue with SB is if it doesn't crit it is a wasted use of an ember. You should be aware of this, but if you see your 4pc, you gain a fair amount of crit. With DS you see a nice increase to crit as well. It's situational on what to use. If you CAN, and your buffs will last long enough, CB allows for a 100% crit and you don't miss damage like you would with SB, if you can only get 1 CB and 2 SBs to make sure you spend embers with procs, that's alright. The argument that CB always crits is FAR outweighed by the fact that SB is an instant cast. The arguments that under high haste CB is better are VERY specific. We’re talking, LMG+Lust, and even then you need to execute PERFECTLY to get optimal CBs sub 20%, and the increase is minimal. Just use SB. 3.1.4 Using Havoc optimally Although I mentioned when to use the glyph of havoc, havoc as a normal spell allows three abilities or 1 Chaos bolt to be cast to your target and a target with havoc on them. This allows us to cleave very, very well. You should take note that while only 1 Chaos bolt can be used with havoc, 3 shadowburns can still be used. When should you use havoc? Is it off CD? Is there something you can SB cleave soon? USE IT! Even if you don't have procs, you can use havoc to build embers twice as fast with three incinerates. Use and ABUSE on fights like klaxxi and protectors. Although what you use with havoc varies between those two fights. Havoc'ing CB on protectors is fine, but it is just padding damage on klaxxi. Use your filler spells for more ember gen on klaxxi. On thok for example, when the jailer is nearing 20% HP, havoc Thok, and pump 3 Shdowburns into the jailer, and those all also go into Thok. 3.1.5 Set bonuses and how they affect you. The 2set is terrible for destro and is really passive, don’t worry about it. The 4set, is nice as it gives 15% extra crit every time you gain an ember, with a 10 second internal cool down (meaning it will not proc more than once every 1 seconds). You do not want to cast CB with JUST the 4set proc, but you can and SHOULD abuse it with immolate. 3.1.6 Opener -Pre Pot -Pre cast incinerate -CoE (unless someone else is maintaining it) -DS -Immolate -conflag x2 -incinerate till you have 2 embers -CB x2 -Immolate -CB 3.2 AoE rotation With 2 or more targets(That damage matters on, like protecotrs), use RoF inside of your normal rotation, and apply and maintain immolate with Fire and Brimstone. With more than 4 targets use Fire and Brimstone, maintaining immolate and using incinerate and conflagrate with FnB, using SB on sub 20% trages. 4.Useful Addons -Weakauras. Allows a heads up display for tracking almost anything from trinket procs, to cool down timers, to ember bits, to boss debuffs or buffs. Here's a url for a TON of strings http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1266785-Warlock-Weak-Auras Here is a link to the weakauras I use: http://pastebin.com/jaAvSgrP http://pastebin.com/JHypftBQ -Aff dots. Tracks the power of your dots, not as significant for destro as aff or demo. 4.5 How to log 1. In game, go to "Interface>System>Network" Then check the box "Advanced Combat Logging" 2. In game, type "/combatlog 3.Go to Warcraftlogs.com 4. Sign up and make an account 5. Download the client to WCL. 6. Once the client is installed and running you should see this frame: http://puu.sh/ah830/42d9db1b13.jpg 7. Now Select your correct realm 8. For "Select combat log file" hit browse and navigate to your WoW folder then "Logs>WowCombatLog.txt" 9. for "Start a Live Logging Session" hit browse and again navigate to your wow folder and select your logs folder 10. Hit start Sources, Credit, Contributors Sources http://www.icy-veins.com/destruction-warlock-wow-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1686-54-destruction-tips-and-quirks/ http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1271984-5-4-Brusalk-s-Destruction-Warlock-guide http://sparkuggz.com/5-4-destruction-guide/ http://www.wowhead.com/ http://simulationcraft.org/ http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/ http://www.warcraftlogs.com/ http://www.worldoflogs.com/ http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12504871533?page=1 Credit The guides listed here pretty well cover destro, however I feel that some small things are not covered. Although this also gives more access to a quality guide for the masses. Contributors The following have contributed to this guide, directly or indirectly: Zagam- Mal’Ganis (US) Lockybálboa-Mal’Ganis (US) Astynax-Mal’Ganis (US) Shizwix-Al’Akir (EU) Gahhda-Burning Legion (US) Sparkuggz-Twisting Nether (EU) Klavarnae-Stormreaver (US) Kruci-Stormreaver (US) Headd-Stormreaver (US) Calvinball-Hellscream (US) Slappah-Stormreaver (US) Knoxxic-Frostmourne (US) Oniania-Emerald Dream (US) Hedo-Wrymrest Accord (US)Recklessfear204 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Fellow mushrooms... Being the underdog is ok by me. If you stop playing a lock you're not a real lock anyways. This is not the worst thing to happen, and it won't be the last. The fotm'ers, and demo switchers will be weeded out really fast, leaving only "true" locks behind :) As Bob Marley said, everything gonna be alright. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX1dPTAQ5_U <---just remember. So to those of you who are going to adapt, and carry on playing the most fun, evil, and underdog class in the game right now, much respect to each and every one of you. "A warlock doesn't need to eat. A warlock doesn't need to drink. A warlock doesn't even need to breathe. A warlock can subsist solely through the suffering of their enemies." Ezekiel 25:17Ryfg11 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Where warlocks are, where they will be. Greetings warlocks of the Blizzard forums. I know you're upset over all the things. You know what I was upset about? Being stuck playing destruction for so long. You know what I'm not upset about? Nerfs in a pre-patch to an expansion. Right now, where we are, is nowhere. Nothing in 6.0 honestly matters. Where we will be, in Draenor spewing our filth across every orc in our paths. --- Mad over Demo? 99% of you didn't even know demo existed before this patch.Nivosus15 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Locks in PvP Anyone else feel that although our damage is fine, our mobility (no fel flame) and CC (howl of terror) is just completely down the drain? Against a Melee, I have options for the first 30 seconds, Shadowfury, Blood Horror, Pet seduce, port. But after 30 seconds, I'm a sitting training dummy for that Melee for a good 30-40seconds, until I can pull off a bit more CC. Anyone else feel as if Warlock PvP is significantly worse than a week ago? I wouldn't mind giving up some damage, in exchange for more survivability and mobility. I'd rather have options and buttons to press, than wait every 30sec for a 40k chaos bolt.Axeal16 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Demonic Gateway 121: Rip Warlock 2004-2014 ...Phenax0 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 BBoY and KTT or PBoI and KTT for affliction. Does anyone know which is better for affliction atm? I know it used to be binding and black blood, but now ktt is very good and I can figure out which is combo is better. Also imp or observer now? Ive seen imps do more damage recently.Anarchïst2 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Burning Rush What could possibly have been the genius reason for the removal of Burning Rush?Glakhmed5 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Dear fem troll warlocks Any of you tired of being demo and having your horns stick through your neck when your demonic fury is high?Trollevil0 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Twilight Ward Twilight Ward is gone, right? But the pvp gear still has it as a gear bonus set. Change coming soon?Szc1 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 PvP Weapons With the stat squish, does it really make a difference any more between getting the PvP staff or the 1H+OH? The OH enchant comes to +11 int now.Drazzhar2 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Today's Demo nerfs Was the spec really overperforming by 20-30%?Arendela18 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 played a warlock for 7 yrs im done first you screwed us for cata now this as a destro lock you take away abilities a lock has always had life drain and the ability to heal our demons which is total bs these we had from the start sure demon and affliction warlocks still have at least a few of these abilities but this is unfair. throughout several expansions you keep changing things our stats everything im tired of it I have several 90s and my fav gets screwed again I don't care if the damage is the same its you taking away abilities . if it isn't broke and it works stop changing it every dam time !!!!!!!!!!!!! I quit this gameLilheaven33 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Best current weapon enchants for Warlocks? Elemental Force vs Jade Spirit. Destruction Affliction DemonologyLucidel1 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Low lvl warlock pvp I'm leveling a warlock, he's at lvl 56. Is there a great all around spec for 5mans and pvp? Right now I'm destro, but it seems very squishy. I realize ima clothie caster, but I don't have much aside from a casted fear and shadowfury to create space. I know I shouldn't put too much into low lvl pvp, but nonetheless, I'm tryna put myself in the best position to succeed. Any tips will help greatly.Yïkes1 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 So...gems/stat priority for PvP as Destro? It's been a few days since 6.0 dropped, I've been loving Warlock since getting back into retail WoW all over again. (Been out of it since 4.3's end into early MoP) Although, there is one thing that's been troubling me lately- and I noticed it after a bit of down time the day after 6.0...my Chaos Bolt is no longer critting for 36k-39k on players in PvP. It was the first day of 6.0, but now it's around 10k less damage overall which brings me to the point of this thread: What on the fel green face of Azeroth is our best PvP stat priority? Keep in mind I'm running Sacrifice for a nuke sort of build at the moment.Malefic4 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 hold the phone let me just say then, they should nerf chaos bolt!Deathwarant1 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 abyssal Has Changed ..no longer bright green. the abyssal pet has changed color from bright green. too a low green color & does not have the green fire splash anymore . i would like to have the old animation back.like how it was when u got green fire . please change it backMyotismon1 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 2700+ as demo The Dream is Real Boys! Lets see if I get glad! *update Got Glad and Highest Demonology Warlock North America for s15.Epícburn64 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Why I'm Really Missing Fel Flame I've been trying out Affliction with GoSac and I'm liking it so far. The only thing is, this combo gives very limited abilities when defending a bg flag. It would be really nice to have fel flame back even if it didn't hit hard. The only other real complaint I have at this time is the rate of obtaining soul shards, and the length of the drain soul cast. That is all...until the usual wave of post expansion warlock nerfs.Javah0 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Drain Tanking back? Playing around with this build while soloing with my secondary spec. Affliction + Harvest Life + Glyph of Drain Life + Grimoire of Sacrifice Basically everything to make Drain Life as effective as possible. Having a lot of fun with this setup, mowing down packs of those Iron Horde elites in front of the Dark Portal. Dot everything up, stay alive through most bad stuff with Drain Life spam. Anyone else get the same idea?Tadkins10 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Leveling in WoD Being that current Mythic gear will likely last into the mid 90's for leveling, any idea of what the best leveling stat to stack would be? (haste, mastery, crit) I will likely be leveling as either Destruction or Demonology depending on which will be faster come the time to level.Czechrz2 Oct 18, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 Grim of Synergy VS Supremacy Can someone break down to me why it's the better choice right now? 20% increased pet damage to go along with our mastery, enhances our CD demons as well: even though we stack haste now, there's plenty of mastery on gear. 15% increased damage proc on you or your pet. Unless I'm blind and you can get the Synergy proc on both you and your pet simultaniously, I don't see where it's doing better.Taråthiel7 Oct 18, 2014