Warlock

Oct 13, 2014 What spec will you start of with in WoD? i have been reading a lot on beta forms and with so much QQ its hard to know what will be a good spec to start with. please post your spec and why you are going with it. thank youFuzë37 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 Soloing capability in WoD With our new talents and perks coming soon, how will we fare in soloing old raid content?Mal3 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 Which demon should I be using in dungeons? So I'm a n00b at warlock, sorry. I prefer playing demo or affliction, did not like destro at all. That said I do want to do dungeons and want to know what demon I should be using in dungeons. I'm only level 30 right now. If you can let me know what to use now (and what abilities to turn off on them if needed) and for later, that would be wonderful. :)Gwathren5 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 13, 2014 Can't pick up Soulstone in green fire quest Sorry if this has already been discussed but I can't seem to find another post where this issue was solved. I'm doing the quest and I'm at the stage where I need to get the soulstones. I've tried abandoning the quest, relogging, rebooting. I'm not in a raid or a party. I have enough room in my bags and I've seen warlocks come and grab the item but I can't. I've opened a ticket but.. well by the time I might get an answer it will be too late to get the title. Halp please.Axia1 Oct 13, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Can't get back into the instance for green fi I went back to the instance today after I realized I had brought no health potions with me I know stupid on my part, anyways I've been trying to.get back in and take not letting me in. Is there a CD reset to get back inside?Emmalyyne4 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 What's your closest Green Fire call? I had Karenthad at 5% And then I lagged. Pit Lord didn't have enough life left to finish him off (got him to 2% before he died). So much hatred.Chilling3 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Green Fire in 5.4 Chaos Bolt Strategy Here is an easy, time-saving strategy for dealing with chaos bolt on the green fire boss fight. I apologize for my mistake about the LOS. You can still LOS Chaos Bolt. However, I would like to share a strategy that I found to work better: As most current guides say, you want to use this defensive macro for the chaos bolts: /cast Twilight Ward /cast Sacrificial Pact /cast Unending Resolve (optional, depends on whether you glyph it or not) However, I'd like to share something that most guides do not point out. Yes, you want to pop that macro. But it has a VERY IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT: YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOU ARE AT FULL HEALTH WHEN YOU POP THIS MACRO SACRIFICIAL PACT GIVES YOU AN ABSORB BASED ON YOUR CURRENT HEALTH. NOT MAXIMUM HEALTH. THE MORE HEALTH YOU HAVE, THE BIGGER THE ABSORB. I found that if I was always at full health when casting Sacrificial Pact with Twilight Ward, the chaos bolt would never get me below 100-90% health. I just wanted to share this information because I have read a lot of posts where people keep getting killed by chaos bolt despite using Twilight Ward and Sacrificial Pact. This strategy saves you time and gives you more uptime on the boss, therefore letting you kill it before the waves of adds overwhelm you.Vìxen20 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Possible to achieve the green fire quest? So I have been super busy with life lately but have been wanting to attempt the green fire quest in order to get the achievement and title. Unfortunately I thought that I had more time but it looks like come Tuesday I won't get the title or achievement if I finish it after the patch is released. I have tomorrow and some time on Monday before 6.0 is released...my question is, is this at all doable to do within less than two days? Or should I just throw in the towel? I'm pretty bummed...thought I had more time! My locks level is 529 btw.Alleta6 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Trouble with Fel puppies for Green Fire quest Good day Warlock forums!! As the title says, I'm having troubles with the Fel Hunters while fighting Kanrethad. I move the pit lord to the other side of the gate and drop a couple RoF's to agro them. That is all successful but I'm taking way to much dmg and dying from them. I'm not standing in Kanrethad's RoF's and I'm dispelling the dots off before his chaos bolt comes. I've been stuck on this part for a couple weeks now and it's the same thing every time. Is there something wrong with my spec/gems/chants/glyphs. Are there some CD's that I should be using to regain/retain health? I save my HS and other health restoring abilities for that phase yet still die. Any help would be appreciatedKigozun9 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Destro DPS Problem I've tried multiple setups to get my dps up, but I can't seem to break the 150K-153K range. Any suggestions? I know my gems are crap right now. I just went all out mastery to see what would happen lol http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/veknilash/Spinältäp/advancedSpinältäp22 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 An idea for a new dot!!! A dot that liquefies the internal organs of your target, with a 60% chance to cause instant death per tick (ticks once every 0.25 secs for 3k dmg) While we're at theorycrafting with said new talent, I already have a name picked out, Ebolix, it just seems fitting and it's the perfect spell for our class. Make it happen Blizz :D :D :DHerecomedots7 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Fresh 90 demo spec DPS? For a fresh 90, quest gear, what is reasonable single target DPS before going into regular dungeons? I've done some googling for an answer, and a lot of threads I'm finding are a couple years old and list DPS far above what I'm managing. I'm following a rotation/priority listed in the guide. I JUST hit 90 so I only have quest greens + some AH blues, and not hit capped - but I'm only pulling 16-19k against a level 85 dummy (soooo hit cap wouldn't count vs. that anyway). Just want to be sure I can put out some decent DPS before I try to go for some dungeons and make an !@# out of myself.Demontaco7 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Dark Apotheosis--->Glyph of Demonic Exposure I've seen multiple threads over DAs removal, and why it should stay for warlock 'tanking' etc. As a mostly Demonology warlock I can firmly say 'NO' to it being kept or improved upon in it's current state. Warlocks are not tanks, we never have been in the literal sense. That being said, I desperately love how it looks when DA is active, and I've seen a couple warlocks who like it for that too- the wings and horns. Glyph of Demon Hunting should get turned into a minor glyph and renamed Glyph of Demonic Exposure(or something similar) and be available to Demonology Warlocks. It would say something like this. "Long exposure to the powerful demons you train has rubbed some of their characteristics onto you...literally. Adds vestigial wings and horns to your character. Does not affect Metamorphosis or the spells it uses." Anyone else think this might work? EDIT: This is purely my opinion, and I don't claim to think every warlock would like this.Murlôck4 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 Green Fire in WoD Will this quest line still be available? I'm stuck at Kantherad - iLvl 497 after having been "away" for a year, and now that I'm back and prepping for WoD I want to get this ****** down and get my felflames! But...what happens if I don't down Kantherad before WoD comes out?Faád26 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 How to turn off wand autoshoot? I got an upgrade from ToT last week which is a wand. Equipping it and trying to attack goes something like this: target (try to use opener) another action is in progress, cast little ball from wand for 200 damage, ok, now cast opener. Attempt to lay a rain of fire, another action is in progress, cast little ball from wand, crits for a whopping 400 damage... You get the idea. Unless this thing were ilvl 750 this is a dps loss. How do I turn off this asinine thing?Altairius17 Oct 12, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 WoD Warlock Quest Does anyone know if there will be a quest for warlocks in WoD like the Green Fire Quest?Miogus2 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 WoD and green fire? Is green fire going to be a lot easier to achieve in WoD?Bonefreeze3 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 Demonic Breath needs a revamp in WoD As a Conal 50% snare on a 20 second CD, Demonic Breath is leagues behind Shadowfury and Mortal Coil in all areas. I really hope that it can be changed to a competitive option as it is currently taken by so few Locks that we can say, for all practical purposes, that no one takes it. Mortal Coil is good because of the heal, not having to worry about positioning, and that Horror has a relatively rare Diminishing Return. Shadowfury is easier to position than a cone, and Stuns rather than snares which makes it far more useful of a spell. It being a Cone spell should stay, but here are my serious suggestions for the effect of DB in MoD: 1. Horror (short duration, 40 sec CD) 2. Disorient (medium duration, 1 min CD) 3. Disarm+Silence w/ root (short duration, 40 sec CD) 4. Knockdown, Warlock takes 50% less damage for 5 seconds (short duration, 40 sec CD) 5. 70% snare, Warlock takes 50% less damage for 5 seconds (long duration, 40 sec CD) Once again, this is merely to make it an actual competitive option. We would be giving up a 30 second AoE stun or a 45 second Horror with a 15% heal.Methalos10 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 Going demo for WoD, need help. D: My opener is Pot > Precast Shadow Bolt > Guldan > Corruption >Wrathstorm > Imp Swarm > Guldan > DS > Meta > Doom x2 > Spam ToC until I unmorph. Then after I unmorph I use the molten core procs I have left. My problem is my sustained dps, I cant keep it up like I do with destro? What exactly is rotation for after opener?Gehenza12 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 Best build + macros for casual played warlock I have a level 72 warlock that i used to play before leaving wow for awhile and was just wondering what the best build and some of the best macros to use for a warlock that is played casually? I plan to play my warlock character more with upcoming patch and want to get back into the swing of things with it before the patch. Any help would be appreciated. THank YouAbbadonation4 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 Glyph Of Demon Hunting Is there any petitions to bring it back in WOD? I know locks aren't tanks and I didn't use it to tank, it was just fun to play and made pvp and such more challenging, whats wrong with that?Rionne23 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 Macro Help Like many people, I have left it to the absolute last minute to try and finish the black harvest quest chain, and am in the process of repeatedly dying to Kanrethad. I have a macro set up to target kanrethad's wild imps with fel flame: #showtooltip fel flame breath /target Wild Imp /petattack /cast Fel Flame Breath /targetlasttarget /petattack However, as I'm playing in demonology I am periodically summoning my own imps, and it seems that sometimes a friendly imp is targeted by the macro instead of an enemy, causing the pit lord to spew fire in the entirely wrong direction. So my question is, is it possible to alter the macro so that only enemy imps are targeted? And if so, what changes does the macro need? Thanks!Eversca2 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 When do I get the "Of the Black Harvest" tite Hey does this achieve even exist and if it does why don't i have it? I killed the green fire boss months ago. Also if it's for AFTER the prepatch someone could tell me that, thanksTsubu2 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 Possible Demo Buffs for WoD After playing the Pre Expansion patch on the PTR I am liking demo however there are some buffs I would like to see due to the removal of Fel Flame. I find myself running around mindlessly when a warrior or any melee is riding me. Like I'm not going to cast Drain Life or Shadowbolt / Soul Fire in their face. That's why I disliked the removal of Fel Flame. It's just somewhat harder to build Fury now. It would be nice if the Soul Fire proc was buffed to be even faster. I think slight Pet, Imp, Corruption damage buffs would make Demos pretty solid. As well as Fel Guard defensively.Spooky3 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 Green Fire Boss Questions I returned to the game recently So I thought I would give green fire a stab to get it before 6.0 and seem to be running into a couple issues that maybe you all can help me with. 1: Out of 31 attempts, 29 of those had the same issue - fel hunters spawning behind me instead of in the portal. This only happens on the 2nd fel hunter wave and only on the second one. Naturally my enslave get's eaten...even through the pillar the pit lord is behind. 2: The 2 attempts that they spawned where they were supposed to, the boss despawned sub 10%. Still had agro, pit lord still alive and enslaved (I re-up it when the first doomguard pops). Anyone else run into these issues? Thanks for your input - Really trying to find any info on this I can.Strabonn1 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 First Green Fire, now give us Pit Lord!!! It only make since to do this as a follow up from the green fire quest and now heading into the portal and claiming the profound Pit Lord. You allowed us to control him in the quest to kill Kanrethad or should I say stop him. I think the Pit Lord" is coming during warlords , locks can only hope so as that come full circle from BC to now entering the portal once again.I know most will say let blizzard work on another class quest, and I say it only make sense. it was already mention the legion will be seen more during the progression of WoD more demons will spawn!, So I say give the warlocks there legendary pet!, and bring on the group summon to require him.Put it on a 30min.Cd for all I care, matter fact bring back a lost to life with a soulstone which opens a portal as you are casting . Giving the player full control of the pit lord for 1 min. doing unthinkable power!! one can only dream. :)Elemefeo11 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 Green Fire Quest Repair Heads up.. There is a anvil at the beginning of the instance. Repair away.Ño6 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 About the Green Fire quest... ...Did anyone else pwn it last night? Took about 3 hrs and 25 attempts, but I did it!!! It was a pretty epic ending too. Kanrethad was at 8% hp when the 2nd round of Felhunters came out. I mistimed my Burning Rain so that it didn't tag all of them, and somehow my Pit Lord enslave got eaten. I was worried I'd blown it, but just kept running away from my former Pit Lord and spamming Incinerate on fhe FelHunters. Quickly burned them down, but I was stuck at the back of the plateau, really far from Kanrethad...and then he starts summoning a Chaos Bolt, and my portals can't be further away. So I re-enslave the Pit Lord in a hurry, eat the Chaos Bolt (and die), and my Pit Lord finishes him off for the last few %. I was sweating...but it's green sweat now! When do we get the "of the Black Harvest" title? As of 6.0?Connor8 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 11, 2014 Much needed WoD changes for locks As it stands, Warlocks for both PvP and PvE are quite dull, both in rotation and gameplay. They seem to become more like turrets than ever before. And in a PvP and PvE environment, they are lacking compares to other casters and hunters. Here are some class changes I would love to see that I feel would make Warlocks more viable, and more fun. Affliction: SoulSwap should have 20 second cooldown, and no shard cost. Making spreading dots to 10+ targets difficult, but keeping the ability to swap to 1-2 targets easy, and to instantly apply dots with 1 shard instead of 2. Return to Shadowbolt, as a filler, and keep Drain soul as a execute. Potentially make Nightfall procs give instatn cast Shadowbolts, making them more fun and exciting. Channeling and standing still is not fun, and not very viable in WoD's PvE or PvP. Destruction: Return Fel Flame Gives the class more mobility, and the ability to generate embers while tunneled in PvP Demonology: Increased survivability for pets, they're dying so easily, especially in PvP All specs: Return Howl of Terror as baseline but put it on an increased cooldown, such as 1min for example Return Demonic Breath so that Warlocks can deal with Melee in a more reasonable way.Axeal1 Oct 11, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 Green Fire Quest: Instance Reset? I know there have probably been a lot of Green Fire threads, so I'll keep this quick: is the instance supposed to reset any time you leave it? Because that's a problem I'm having, whether I hearth out or click "leave instance." Kinda sucks to have to start over at Stage 1 every time I need to leave to repair. =/Bankazzar4 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 6.0 desto Geming enchanting guide Can any one help me figure out what gems I need to replace come 6.0 I have exp Gems for hit rating but there removing hit come Tuesday Should I just go pure intel? Thanks if you can helpHazzy3 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 Attempting Green Fire Tonight - 496 iLvl Hey, Just transferred servers on my Warlock(so cant post on him) and will be attempting Green Fire tonight with 496 ilvl, wish me luck!Lavapool3 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 Corruption/Doom Macro I am terrible at writing macros outside of: /cast _______ /use _______ Is there a way to macro Corruption, then Meta, then Doom, then cancel Meta for AoE multi-dotting purposes? My main is Destro, but I decided to swap my OS for Demo after the whole removing snapshotting that will make Afflic boring as hell to play.... so I'm still trying to get everything keybound and as easy as possible until I'm used to the spec. If there's no way to combine them, no big dealio, I can manage a press 1, then 3, then 1, then 3 scenario.Taråthiel5 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 Union of warlocks against lazy people Fellow warlocks, I call upon you to stop this madness. For too long have we been invited to raids and ordos group just so people can be lazy and ask for summons to the raid. For too long have we quietly just summon the lazy people who cant take the time and effort to get to the raid location before hand. I say no more ! I call for a strike against lazy people. I call for a no for summons. Either you fly to the raid yourself or don't raid at all. RISE UP AGAINST LAZY PEOPLE ! RISE UP AND GO ON STRIKE !Demonfire22 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 T16 4pc WeakAura String I'm having trouble finding a WA string for the 4pc crit bonus as Destro. I know it's an easy thing to monitor, and I don't want to mess around with my Raven set-up to track the buff... but it would be a big help to see that counter showing exactly how long I have to combine it with other procs for a nice, big, sexy snapshot (even though we're losing that in a week).Hellespönt2 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 Question on Green fire So about to start attempting the green fire quest again and i know i don't have gems and what not just got some new gear and have not bought them yet but i always had issues with the fel hunters. I keep seeing in guides that people are charging them now with doom lord but whenever i attempted that he would get dispelled is better to just put him out of the way and burn them down or am I just not doing it correctly? thanks for any responses and sry for more Green fire postsNecrossis6 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 *sigh* Yes, another Green Fire topic... Am I missing something here? Just... take a look at this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu0eDC9k9K4 I've given up on the Green Fire quest long ago, simply because I don't have the time to dedicate to it amongst the other things I wish to do. Feats of strength are nice, but, whatever, off topic. My question is this: What's up with the power curve? It's gone from exponential to linear. It took longer for this dude at lv100 to beat Kanrethad than at lv90? What? That just... doesn't make sense.Xavakin3 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 green fire quest availability so doing the green fire quest chain on my lock i havent finished it yet because my lock is at ilvl 486 or so and heard the boss is hard and a higher item lvl would be advised but my main question is anyone know if the quest is being taken away when 6.0 hits on TuesdayAgnarus13 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 Theorycraft Imp Swarm Good morning all. I want to theorycraft today. Here are 3 variables A) Time spent attacking the boss. No buffs or downtime B) Time spent attacking the boss with a 100% damage increase. No downtime C) Time spent not attacking anything Are we agreed that if B = 0 and C = 0, that Imp Swarm is a DPS loss? Suppose B > 0? What ratio of A : B is needed for Imp Swarm to be an increase? Suppose C > 0? What ration of A : C is needed for Imp Swarm to be an increase? And lastly, if both B and C > 0, when does Imp Swarm become an increase?Alcone17 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 - General Destruction Questions - As the thread title suggests, this is a place to ask questions about the spec and how it works/can work. With things changing like Kil'jaeden's and the loss of Fel Flame I just thought it would be cool to have a nice area of discussion on all ideas Destro. Taking the time to test on the PTR and several PTRs before I have always wondered, legitimately and esp. since Fel Flame is gone now, why Immolate can't grant embers on Ticks instead of just Critical Ticks. It should not grant embers on initial damage because I feel that people would just abuse this to gain resource incorrectly. And since Fel Flame is leaving I find myself in some situations where I just can't get that last emberbit in time whether in PvP or PvE. This would basically be the same as if I had FF, was on the move and could not cast. The ticks would be serving as the "Fel Flame" damage on the move that gives me resource. (I am also aware that initial damage Crits generate but the RNG still feels heavy.) Now I may not see the error in having Immolate do such a thing but that is also why I have come here to discuss things of this nature. So I would invite others to join in with ideas or concerns or just some general thoughts on things like this. Destro talk is fun - so let's have some fun here! :) ** ** There may be similar threads - unable to take the time to check - please excuse me. Link threads if so and help the discussion. Thank You.Ashés9 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 [Suggestion] Affliction's quality of life I know its late into the beta patch for anything to change, but i still hope Blizzard is willing to make some changes to resolve the issue of soul shard starving and slight mobility in the next expansion. Here it goes: How about making changes to [Life tap]? Per tap granting affliction one [Soul shard] that last for 15sec (or so)..? [Life tap] would still cost health and grants mana but it applies a 15sec cooldown from using them again. PvP wise: you have to take the risk to [Life tap] to get an extra resource. PvE wise: you are constraint to the cooldown. ie: in return, warlock can retain the traditional theme of higher health pool. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In regards to mobility, i suggest the ability to swap the position of the warlock is standing with their main pet. A spell with a decent 30sec cooldown that works like Mogu's construct swapping ability, but only with warlock and their main pet. It makes the placing of the demon important PvE and PvP wise, and it fits the theme to let the pet to be sacrificed into eating Iron stars or something deadly. Maybe introduced these changes via glyph? As they dont really push for a direct dps increase, but change in playstyle like glyph system is intended. Fellow warlocks please do place your ideas about how these suggestions would feel, and i hope the issues of resource-starving and mobility gets resolved in the upcoming few patches.Veilness1 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 Demonic Gateway 116: 55 Weeks Garrosh ... We know phenax isn't allowed to capRecklessfear499 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 10, 2014 Your darkest warlock knowledge whats the most devious knowledge you posess as a warlock? personally, i am able to access the karazhan crypts utilizing my warlock. none of my other toons can do it, i guess it takes a certain evil touch since its the creepiest place in wow.Draky5 Oct 10, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 Help for new raider Hi all - so have returned to Warcraft after about a 7 year absense and just starting doing some LFR. I've back into the swing of things on the standard rotations, got my gear up to a bit past 500 but here's where I need help. I know in theory when and how to use Havoc, when to use Chaos v. Shadow, how to handle multiple adds, etc. but am having a harder time executing it. When out doing quests and it's just me, my pet, and one or two targets, it's fine. Just finished my first few raids and feeling lost. I'm surviving, but my dps is crap because the screen is such a muddle of 25 raiders, a boss, multiple adds, that I'm having trouble using the skills. Particularly figuring out how to easily target what I want, cast what I want, and switch to other targets. I know I have way too much down time on too many skills. Would love advice on your tactics, marcros, add ons, etc. that allow you to efficiently do what you know you should be doing when visually it's hard to keep track of everything on screen! Thanks!Blacklock6 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 PvP - Affliction survival advice... Having troubles helping with damage in my 2s as well as surviving long enough TO help. I'm playing Rogue + Lock. Curious if I should be a different spec of if Affliction is fine and well for 2s? Also need advice just staying alive and actually HELPING instead of just getting trained to death like a noob :/ (I am a noob) What usually happens: 1) I setup gate and portal 2) I start getting trained 3) Shadowfury and try to fear or I howl 4) If I'm lowish which I'm normally about 50% now, I Dark Regen + Healthstone 5) Portal -> SB: Swap DoTs -> Burst Macro -> Swap -> Swap to get full duration DoTs 6) Now I'm just running around Resolve when I need it but now I usually die... Don't know what I'm doing wrong. My rogue can keep 1 of them off me for a bit but once they get stun DR they just train me till I die... Any advice guys? I really like Lock but am having a REAL tough time with it...Kukii6 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 WoD Warlocks Hey guys just wanted to hear from someone that has the beta or has some, if any type of beta information on how locks are looking in WoD for both PvE and PvP. Any info would be nice whether it be your personal experience on beta, videos you've seen about locks on beta, or another forum post that I may have missed about them. Thanks in advance. <3Yomps17 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 About time we could tame demons! That's right! It's about time. We got our green fire now we want to tame exotic demons like a beast mastery hunter. We are going back to the time of Gul dan. Ancient warlock powers long forgotten need be rediscovered. This could take the form of a massively hard quest like green fire, or just be a gimmi for demonology specialization locks. On an unrelated note: WTB baseline imp swarm. MAke it happen , thanks.Dromancer19 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 secondary offspec for WoD I really love Demonology on my lock toon, However I dont know what secondary spec I should pick for WoD. I have no access to the beta so I must ask: How is affliction and destro in WoD beta? Which one do you prefer over the other?Bamihap2 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 A Druid amongst Warlocks.... Hey all, I'm planning a return to WoD after an on-and-off break from the game at various times since release ( particularly Cata/MoP), and have played this Moonkin for the better part of WoW after patch 2.4. Of late, I am just getting bored, and at times, annoyed with the fact Eclipse is still holding my favorite spec down. So I've decided to change to my warlock (Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Varshaa/simple) main for WoD. Have skimmed through (sorry, haven't read in full) the changes to Warlocks in general, and I enjoyed my 'easy' stuff on it (flex/normal modes etc) while I casually got her up to speed late MoP. Since I've not had access to Beta, could anyone please shine some perspective on Warlocks for WoD? Is it fast paced? Does it still have a lot of micro-management (with snapshotting removal)? Would you recommend an above-casual-but-non-elite player to swap to it? I don't PVP too much (yes, I'm the 1500 scrub you guys hear about all the time!) so my priorities will be from a PVE perspective! Would love any information that you guys can share! <3 Cheers, WispWispurrs5 Oct 9, 2014
Oct 9, 2014 Hey, look. Another Green Fire thread. The felhunters are kicking my !@#. I know the strategy. I put him on the far side of the portal (Left if yo're looking at it from the middle), and I stay right with RoF down. Felpups spawn, cast Havoc on the first one, target the second, and as the third one comes out I have the Pit Lord charge. The problem I'm having is my Pit Lord doesn't do jack when I cast charge. He sort of hobble his way slowly halfway across the portal, and then after I spam charge in a panic he finally charges them, but by this point I'm so thrown off I end up missing the opportunity to CB two of them down, and they break my enslave. Any ideas? How far across the portal does the PL need to be to not get his enslave eaten by the felhunters?Wigwag15 Oct 9, 2014