Warlock

May 27, 2014 Cynwise calls it quits =( http://cynwise.wordpress.com/ Disagreed with her constantly during Cata regarding the relative strength of the class but always loved her writing style and appreciated someone who took the time to explain their opinions so thoroughly. Sad to see the blog end but best of luck with whatever is next for you.Yukio36 May 27, 2014
May 27, 2014 Destro PVP-survive against melee? My main character is Enhancement, and so I understand exactly how easy it can be to dismantle and kill an unprepared Destro warlock. The best defensive moves I've seen are range, cooldowns, and speed: Port away if you can, slow them, control them, and try to disengage. But that's just defensive. How do I go out and kill an Enhancement, or any other melee?Shanishta1 May 27, 2014
May 27, 2014 What spec for raiding? Hello all! I am getting into raiding on my warlock. I was wondering what ilvl do I have to be do well as affliction. Do I have to play destro to do well until I can get gear for affliction? Also, do I need to be switching specs on different fights? Any and all help is appreciated! :D Thank you!!Bigtreeqt9 May 27, 2014
May 27, 2014 New Casting Animations? I've seen the new Orc from that leaked video a while ago but, does anyone know if the re-vamped races will be getting some newer casting animations? As much as I like Fem Dwarf, I wanna switch it up, just don't wanna go to something before a sweet change. On that note, what is everyone's favorite casting animations at the moment?Zaxan8 May 27, 2014
May 27, 2014 Having and issue with SimC I have been working on my lock's "rotation" and when I run SimC I change the length of time but I noticed when the sim runs it is always showing a 658 second fight. Messes me up cuz its hard to compare when the sim is running much longer than it's suppose to. I have the latest simC version too. Anyone have any ideas what the deal is?Zedan0 May 27, 2014
May 27, 2014 Demonic Gateway 67: Phenax's Cupid Thread ... Index: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12285108457 OKCSlappah500 May 27, 2014
May 26, 2014 KTT VS BBOY Fellow Warlocks I know there is allot of debate saying KTT is better but why? Is it because of the constant intel buff for 10 Sec? Is it because of the Multi Strike? Is it really people don't want to pay attention and time stuff? ============================================================ ============================================================ ============================================================ Constant Intel buff for 10 Sec debunked buy looking at reaction time and casting time of a chaos bolt the first 2.5-3 seconds are wasted so really you should be looking at these stats (10m Reg upgradedx2) _KTT______________BBOY 12,671----- 03 Sec ------7,596 12,671----- 04 Sec -----10,128 12,671----- 05 Sec -----12,660 12,671----- 06 Sec -----15,192 12,671----- 07 Sec -----17,724 12,671----- 08 Sec -----20,256 12,671----- 09 Sec -----22,788 12,671----- 10 Sec -----25,320 BBYO AVG over the 7 Sec of chaos bolt use = 13,926 KTT AVG over the 7 Sec of chaos bolt use = 12,671 Multi Strike we have Fire and Brimstone which does more dmg and hits more targets when needed In single boss fights is Multi Strike really effective and if so pls say when. I would think Haste would be a more effective boost then multi strike to get you trinkets to proc more often ThankyouFeisightu38 May 26, 2014
May 26, 2014 Help With Kanrethad I feel like I've got the mechanics of the fight down, but my problem is trying to manage between thirty different keybinds while not having a lot of ways to reduce threat. A guide I read stressed using Demonic Gateway, which I guess used to reduce threat, but now it doesn't. Are they any ways besides Soulshatter that I can keep Kanrethad fighting the Pit Lord instead of me? Any other tips would be appreciated.Zakora6 May 26, 2014
May 26, 2014 Affliction PvP Questions 1) Mastery or Haste? I'm aware that Haste gives you an extra tick on our DoTs and lowers the Global CD, however, doesn't stacking Mastery make our DoTs hit harder, and to that extent, make Haunt hit harder as well? 2) When to use Seed of Corruption? I try Soul Burning seeds onto the healers that might be swarming with players, however, they tend to squirrel away before the Seed can spread Corruption. 3) Level sixty talents. I'm using Soul Link currently, spamming DoTs on everything starts to rack up a lot of health per tick, but it doesn't help mitigate sudden burst. Sacrifical Pact seems pretty good if you know when the burst might come. Dark Bargain seems really good, however, that three minute CD makes me cringe.... Could I get any pointers?Violca6 May 26, 2014
May 26, 2014 Warlock Ability! Blizz should give destruction warlocks a fire demon form or something along those lines. I think it would be awesome!Bhear7 May 26, 2014
May 26, 2014 WoD Aff Thoughts 5/25 Affliction Thoughts 5/25: Concerns: Fel Flame removal Rain of Fire removal Void Walker disarm removal Soul Burn abilities removal Drain Soul Proc change Fel Flame, especially with the change to KJC, would be a good mobile filler, and is also very useful in running low level and landscape content. Being a "Shadow Flame" ability it remains usable if the Warlock is locked out of their Shadow School. If the concern is about instant Direct Damage spells in PvP make it work differently in PvP. Rain of Fire removed for Seed of Corruption I don't theoretically have an issue with, but in both Cataclysm and Mists low HP AOE trash has made getting a Seed cast off problematic at times, so RoF was a good fallback. Seed also reacts differently with Soul Swap, with the effect not copying. Maybe I just don't get what Blizzard expects of Aff Locks when it comes to AOE, but I feel very bad at it unless its a very large group with very high HP. Compared with Destro and Demo, Aff AOE seems to not be as smooth. This might be a good time too look at how it works and polish it up some. Rain of Fire is also on the Fire school, making it an alternative if school locked, and is a great skill for killing multiple mobs in lower level solo instance farming. Voidwalker Disarm is likely being removed for PvP, which I don't have an issue with, but it was helpful for soloing some rare elites. My feelings on this might change depending on what/if they replace the ability with. Soul Burn ability removal, it looks like this list was scaled back a bit, but I'm not sure why SB Health Funnel needs to be removed, maybe they feel SB Summon <Pet> is better? I think Unending Breath was also on the pruning list originally. Removing these don't actually prune anything as you still have the same number of spells, it just prunes options. Drain Soul proc change. If the concern is on Boss Fights, then make adds not proc shards. This ability exists now, as there are many multi-boss fights that the death of one doesn't reward shards. Aff warlocks aren't going to go into Boss Fights with less than 4 shards, so what is likely to happen is they won't use shards as much on trash, skewing the numbers the other way.Maximusrex3 May 26, 2014
May 26, 2014 Destro or Affliction for 2s? Hey guys I feel like I should apologize in advance as this may seem to be more of an Arena question and I should go to the Arena section but I'd thought I'd ask the pro's and experts themselves, but I was wondering if I wanted to play 2s for fun and what not what spec would be better, Destro or Affliction? I also have a friend who plays a Mage, Monk and Rogue so which spec would go better with that combo.Abme5 May 26, 2014
May 26, 2014 The Warlock Blizzard Tutorial Video Anyone else just face palming at listening to Blizzard's "Crash Course" explanation for classes and how they work?Guccifruity9 May 26, 2014
May 26, 2014 Best Grimoire for affliction PvP Hello. I am trying to find out what is the best Grimoire to use for affliction (and only affliction) pvp. Whether it be 2s, 3s, or rbgs. Im sure there are some situations where one is better than the other. I am currently running soul link with grimoire of sacrfice, but i have only just started pvping this lock at 90. I have had this lock since i first started playing in 2007, but it is just way too different from what i remember.Kalidaya3 May 26, 2014
May 26, 2014 Demonic Gateway 66: 6 ... Index: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12285108457Phenax500 May 26, 2014
May 25, 2014 Malefic grasp replaced with drain soul I don't really have a problem with this...but malefic grasp's spell effect was noticeably 'newer' than drain soul's. Does anyone else think we should get a new spell animation for Drain Soul?Lamort20 May 25, 2014
May 25, 2014 green fire I know theres probably a ton of threads about this topic I'm sowwy Im at the last fight of the quest and after reading a few guides it seems there are talents that are completely necessary for this guy. I dont have any tomes and my talents aren't correct so Im curious if I can hearth out and go back to where I left off after I change my talents? Even if I can't pick up where I left off can I even start the scenario over? Something. Basically .. Can I hearth out of BT, change my talents, and pick back up? Or can I start over at all? Halp plzSkellatwo8 May 25, 2014
May 25, 2014 At which ilvl... Hello At which ilvl Affliction starts to feel like meaningful amount of pressure in PvP? Just upped this character and curious for how long I should expect to wait to see first results of the investment. Always wanted to try this spec, love DOTs.Ipy1 May 25, 2014
May 25, 2014 Felhunter I've been off WoW for about a year now. I've seemed to misplace my felhunter. I don't see it listed with the other demons under "Summon Demon". I've noticed I still have all the felhunter's attack listed in my spell book. Am I missing something? A quest? BTW I am affliction.Inchaotic4 May 25, 2014
May 25, 2014 Demonic Gate So I just boosted a lock to 90. and I've been playing him for a couple days. My god is Destruction fun. But what's troubling me is sometimes.. far to often I might add that my gateway doesn't work, even with charges. I was spam click it during arena and nothing happens so I end up dying. Is there any buff/debuffs or any cooldown relations that restrict me from using gateway at any given time or is this just a bug?Lygo2 May 25, 2014
May 25, 2014 Nibbleh as destro HalpVynleon7 May 25, 2014
May 25, 2014 Glyph of Nightmares I'm not sure if this has been addressed at all, but has anyone else had any issues with this glyph? Particularly speaking, whenever I run through a mob on land and take damage, then try to run across water, the glyph doesn't work. I'd have to dismount, and then mount up again in order for it to work. I'm not sure whether or not this was intended, but it is beginning to become a little irritating. Anyone?Råziel25 May 25, 2014
May 25, 2014 UA haste breakpoints Does anyone have the UA haste breakpoints without a 5% buff? sometimes my rbg group runs without a spriest/boomkin/eleMøisturelock3 May 25, 2014
May 25, 2014 Blizzard is keeping Soulshatter for WoD The most wonderful news I have heard all day. (Source: MMO-Champion, front page.)Melithiria6 May 25, 2014
May 25, 2014 Wrathguard aggro issues Has there been any issues with Wrathguards and pulling a boss before even attacking? I have the Threatening Presence turned off in the Spell Book and today was asked to leave a LFR because he kept pulling a boss. Boss in question is Immerseus, we clear trash, run in and I stay way in the back away from the boss and then boom.Mekhashefa7 May 25, 2014
May 24, 2014 Small Creatures: Let em work, let em live... For Affliction, we're happy with their rotation. But, Drain Soul was causing them to be too strong in situations where they had a steady supply of small creatures to kill. We reduced the effectiveness of its on-kill effect in order to solve this. •Drain Soul now creates 1 Soul Shard (down from 4 Soul Shards) when the target dies.Cypriot5 May 24, 2014
May 24, 2014 low lvl warlock destro pvp rotation I need some rotation advice immolate conflag and chaos bolt usually does the job but would like to know of other rotation that might be more mobile or do better damageDeathklok1 May 24, 2014
May 24, 2014 Gearing tips for PvP? So my warlock just hit lvl 90 and I am starting to gear him up with Honor gear. Any gearing tips for the order I should buy his gear for PvP? Right now he is solidly in ALL greens >.<Icerayne3 May 24, 2014
May 24, 2014 Another KJC thread. So at this point im calling it That at about 6.5-6.6 They Nerf archimonde's darkness because it will be shining a little to brightly next to what used to be KJC and MF. I mean if you have to Nerf the thing then take away some movement speed, take away 20%-hell 40%! damage on it but please don't just gut the poor thing. But who am I to say that pressing more buttons to move isn't "Fun", its not like having less unneeded buttons has been one of the main points of WoD...ohh wait!Akumahantä1 May 24, 2014
May 24, 2014 Kil'jaeden's Cunning Buff ... LoS abuse chaos bolts are back This will easily be the best talent choice for 2s/3s arenas. AD will remain better for 5s arenas and rated battlegrounds.Zache14 May 24, 2014
May 24, 2014 Need some help I need help sustaining DPS. I kick off a boss fight I use Curse of Ele, Immolate, Conflagrate x2, and get both trinket procs and weapon procs almost all the time. Pop Dark Souls and then drop a Chaos Bolt. Usually get around 200K DPS. After that I maintain Immolate and hit Conflagrate when it comes back around and use incinerate to build up embers and I dump a Chaos Bolt when I get a some type of proc. The problem I'm having is my DPS will drop down to 120K and just stay there. I have Tellmewhen to watch for my trinket and weapon procs & warrior banner. Pet of choice usually is the Observer Any Advice?Bobojangles1 May 24, 2014
May 24, 2014 Nazgrim Defensive and Affliction Could someone please clarify how Affliction dots interact with Nazgrim's defensive stance on heroic? I know that the dots already ticking when he enters defensive will not generate rage, but does refreshing those dots generate rage? Can I SB:SS or just SS or just hardcast dots onto him?Quetlock4 May 24, 2014
May 23, 2014 Help with Demo Burst Macro Hello! I need help with this macro, if possible. #showtooltip /castsequence reset=15 imp swarm, Grimoire: Felguard, Hand of Gul'dan, Hand of Gul'dan, Metamorphosis /cast Berserking /cast Lifeblood /cast dark soul: knowledge The issue that I am running into is that after running through it the first time (smoothly, I might add), I try to run through it again a little bit after. That's when the problem occurs. The macro becomes stuck on the Grimoire: Felguard CD (or some cases the imp swarm) and does not finish the HoGx2 + Meta part. It does complete the Dark Soul cast, though. So my question is, is there a way to make it bypass the spells that are still on CD? Like if Grimoire was still on CD, is there a way to make it cast HoGx2 and the Meta still? Thanks in advance for any help.Papämidnite4 May 23, 2014
May 23, 2014 Please scale or remove green fire... Thaenatos60 May 23, 2014
May 23, 2014 Demon Model Updates? With the new Warlords expansion it is clear that Blizzard has prioritized the long awaited, and much needed, visual modernization through the character model updates. As I personally place visual appeal somewhat highly, I am quite looking forward to this! However, unifying the game's appearance seems to also be a drive or motivation of this. I'm sure unifying Warcraft's graphical quality, at least within Draenor, was mentioned at Blizzcon. Even some spells seem to be getting higher graphics. As a Hunter, my available gear will update with the expansion as it always has, and I can tame pets from Draenor, all to visually match the new quality of my character model. Regarding my pets, my Warlock alt is concerned that his demons will not match his updated character and gear. I am wondering if Blizzard is considering this in light of their wish to unify Draenor's graphic appearance. But considering the work involved, and that it was mentioned to my knowledge, my Warlock is not very hopeful.Rarktor28 May 23, 2014
May 23, 2014 is affliction or destro better for 2s / 3s ?Raktic4 May 23, 2014
May 23, 2014 Warlock vs Warrior Cant be Feared, because of berserker rage. We only have one stun which they can just trinket and mass spell reflect Spell reflect on a 25 cd Constant slows Toping the Charts in Damage Insane burst which cannot be stopped because of bladestorm buff with no being able to disarm them while its happening. I was told by a warrior today after losing to him in a duel that I was outplayed after he wasted his entire burst after I used gateway. He did not hit me once while his burst cds were still up. He then proceeded to use second wind after I got a full burst off on him and I still lost because of his rallying cry/second working together with spamming spell relect everytime it was up Tell me how I am suppose to beat warriors through all of this.Elonix37 May 23, 2014
May 23, 2014 Squishy Affliction Hey fellow locks. Quick question. In 3s, do you guys feel squishy as affliction? Without ember tap I feel very fragile. Also, I'm using the optimal talent is soul link, so not having bargain also doesn't help either. Does anybody have any tips on surviving while getting focused in 3s?Burdens5 May 23, 2014
May 23, 2014 Affliction PvP Viablility The title says it all. I recently started an affliction lock, since i love the idea of unavoidable constant pressure ( Im a feral druid? :D) but im getting mixed statements on how good affliction actually is at 90, compared to Destro in: Duels 2v2 3v3 Battlegrounds Anyone have input?Saelth16 May 23, 2014
May 23, 2014 So we are back to KJC again Blizz. WHY for the last efing time why on earth do they hate this talant so much. They finally got it right with 5,4 making it a solid choice and having to try to chose between mobility for the raid group or Darkness for more DPS WHY ARE WE DOING THIS AGAIN Blizzard is starting to feel like that one friend you know who loves bringing up that really old argument they lost and want to try and win years later. WHY IS THIS AN ISSUE AGAIN!!!! it is just going to be another forum feeding frenzy of arguments about why it is or is not better off as a passive. IMO they should just get rid of it and make it so only some abilities for some specs can be cast while moving. What I say but some specs is make it so Destro can cast incinerate while moving that is it Demo dose not need to movement nor dose Affliction then make a new talent for the 90 slot.Drezon11 May 23, 2014
May 23, 2014 Weird damage? Hi everyone! I've been playing this toon more recently, and I noticed something. In Demo spec with my destro gems and reforges I do about 200K burst and about 120K sustained. While in destro I pull about 160 Sustained and 180 Burst.. I just find these numbers odd. My Ilvl is 541, and I'm just looking for opinions on if this is good or bad?Moiror6 May 23, 2014
May 23, 2014 Where should my dps be? ilvl 536 destro lock just with dark intent buff only pull 135k dps on dummy. I'm not 100% sure but I think that's pretty low. Can someone give me a rough estimate of what my DPS should look like? Thank youBenedìct12 May 23, 2014
May 23, 2014 Metamorphosis + Chaos Bolt = 80% Of max hp 30 sec cast time Only works on undead, orcs , trolls, cows cannot be interrupted but only silenced instantly kills yourself when shot off lol Making random attacksAllù2 May 23, 2014
May 23, 2014 rate the non robe xmog Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any cool ideas for some xmogs without using a robe. Want to try and incorporate tabards into the xmog so aiming for robe less. Thanks guys! Let's see whose got the best! Rate the above posters non robe xmog!Galiri1 May 23, 2014
May 23, 2014 voidlord any1 knows if he got any type of aoe aggro? with me it always attack 1 mobs at a time and i have to be telling the void to aggro the other mobs, any way to make him do aoe agro? i wanna go to timeless isle soon and i wanna be able to aggro mobs and dont worry of running aroundDotsforyou2 May 23, 2014
May 22, 2014 2h vs !h+Oh. Which is better for destro? Gearing my lock finally and just started doing normals. What is better for me? The 2h staff or wand and off hand?Syrand9 May 22, 2014
May 22, 2014 affliction PVP SoulS macro? Ok a few weeks back someone posted a handy affliction pvp macro that would target your previous enemy in the event that you lost the inhale during a stun/cc chain in pvp. I've tried to search for it but can find it. If anyone can help find it or post one that you know would work for similar situations please do so, it will be much appreciated! thanks :DLanorala3 May 22, 2014
May 22, 2014 What's the radius of Hellfire? I haven't been able to find any information on the exact radius of Hellfire. Most other point blank AoE spells have the range in the tooltip description, such as Fan of Knives ( 10 yards ) and Thunderclap ( 8 yards ). Hellfire just says "all nearby enemies," which isn't very useful for determining how close one can safely stand to, say a pulsing AoE or the slimes on Dark Shamans whilst channeling Hellfire. Comparing the spell visual on the ground with a range radar such as DBM seems to indicate a roughly 5-8 yard range, but I can't tell exactly. Anybody know what the exact radius is, or how/where I can find that information? Thanks!Derrek2 May 22, 2014
May 22, 2014 Shadowbolt back for affliction? Do my eyes deceive me? Is malefic grasp being removed?Sortinar13 May 22, 2014
May 22, 2014 Green Fire Final Boss help? I'm at the final boss for the green fire quest line. I saw a video on the fight but I'm still having trouble. I usually get him down to 26 mil health until I die. Does anyone else have some advice for me for what rotations, talents, glyphs to use?Vargach10 May 22, 2014