Warlock

Jul 7, 2014 Draenor Perk Confusion? So i was looking at all the shiny Draenor perks and was wondering...do we get to keep them at 100, or are they just a boost for leveling TO 100?Miney1 Jul 7, 2014
Jul 7, 2014 Affliction So, I JUST hit 90 on this lock late night, and I REALLY want to get into playing Aff, cuz it SEEMS fun, but everytime I try to play it, my Aff dps is like, HALF my Destro dps. Is it cuz it scales VERY highly with gear, or could it be something I'm doing wrong? (Ignore my current gear, I know it's not optimized).Afflictdmini45 Jul 7, 2014
Jul 6, 2014 Demo or Destro? Well the title is kinda self explanatory. Edit: Looking for High Dps, "fun", and something good for PvpDahak2 Jul 6, 2014
Jul 6, 2014 Destro soloing cata raids.. Just wondering but is it possible for a 530ish warlock decked out in LFR gear to solo ANY of the Cataclysm 10 mans? The other night I tried BoT on my lock and I got absolutely wrecked by the first wave of trash yet I hear people talking about soloing harder stuff. Are they just really high item level compared to my warlock and have legendary meta/cape?Tupolev2 Jul 6, 2014
Jul 6, 2014 What DPS potions do you guys use? For Challenge modes and fights that need the extra kick what DPS potion are you guys using right now? Volcanic Potion or Potion of the Jade Serpent? or another?Thârjâ4 Jul 6, 2014
Jul 6, 2014 Everyone using a Supremacy minion in pvp as Destro. When Warlords drops, and you guys are unable to have a fear-spamming minion run around randomly carrying you, will you come over to Sargeras and cry to me about it? I'd love to hear it. Thanks. P.S.; If you play a hunter, feel free to cry about all your brainless offensive CC being gone and how you're unable to play your hunter anymore!Evbointh2 Jul 6, 2014
Jul 6, 2014 Demo or Destro Looking for a good talent for PvP, Dps, and Fun. DiscussDahak17 Jul 6, 2014
Jul 6, 2014 More wings please! Challenge Mode Set For our challenge mode set... Please, please, please make the wings pop when you jump (like T6 does). Thanks!Bhuta18 Jul 6, 2014
Jul 6, 2014 Dps with ilvl 540 hey guys my dps is about 108k is that right for my ilevel?Belchanor4 Jul 6, 2014
Jul 6, 2014 Questions about the level 100 talents I have been playing warlock since burning crusade, so I have seen warlocks change drastically over the years, and the changes are good. The level 100 talents in WoD seem pretty limited depending on what you prefer to do in the game. I have personally migrated to only pvp, and there seems to really only be one option for a level 100 talent for pvp, the bottom left talent, no matter the spec. Cataclysms cast time is to long, and cd is to long to really get it off/land it on whatever target/targets you are trying to hit, or be up enough so that if you do miss it is a little more available. The talent for the doomguard/infernal seems awesome if they had any type of on use cc ability, or utility. The fact that they only do damage is a big turn off for pvp, especially with the removal of howl being baseline. Everything else with the warlock currently, and in WoD seems great, I would just like to see some tweaks to the new talents so that there is a little more variety in pvp. I just hate the idea that every warlock you see will be using the bottom left talent just because it is the best choice. Thanks, RackbahRackbah4 Jul 6, 2014
Jul 5, 2014 Soloing- Sacrifice or Supremacy? Hey all, 505 Destro Warlock here. I'm soloing stuff atm, ICC In Particular. I was wondering which talent would be better for soloing- Grimoire of Sacrifice, or Grimoire of Supremacy with my Voidwalker?Notreligious2 Jul 5, 2014
Jul 5, 2014 Question about Destro vs Affliciton PvP Hey everyone, I had a quick question regarding the warlock community's input on destro vs affliction. I recently finished leveling my warlock to 90 and was contemplating what spec I would go for competitive PvP. Destro seemed more fun but I did notice the overwhelming majority of competitive players going affliction. I was wondering if I have gimped myself by choosing destruction and also if I wanted to go affliction (having the destro oriented offset) will I hinder my ability to effectively play affliction and get a feel for its ability. Thanks everyone and look forward to any and all input!!Kronajio8 Jul 5, 2014
Jul 5, 2014 Wrathion Questline Hello, my fellow Warlocks! I am here today to ask what weapon/staff should I use my Crystallized Horror on that you get from Wrathion on the first few parts of the questline? If you could please help, that'll be wonderful!Turalo5 Jul 5, 2014
Jul 5, 2014 Epic Win with Frenzied Crystal of Rage Just thought I'd share for lulz. Was doing the Heroic Scenario where the goblin turns into the Echo of Ysharj. All was fine, but my party was struggling at the very end of the fight. Boss was at 30% when my Warforged Bindings of Immerseus and this trinket procced. Lit up my 3min CD and blasted him. When he hit 19%, let out shadowburns for 8 million damage on 3 embers. I was like wut. This trinket cleaved all the adds for 450k dps at 561 item level. This trinket sucks, but it has its niche uses for EPIC burns.Coreuption5 Jul 5, 2014
Jul 5, 2014 Annoying metamorphosis delay I haven't had this issue on any other toons. When I flip into meta, I can't immediately flip out. I have to wait for like two seconds, and then I can leave. I don't like this. Is there a fix?Ptol7 Jul 5, 2014
Jul 5, 2014 Minion spells I've noticed that the past few levels I've gained, My minions skills have not been loading into the pet action bar. Although they are in my spellbook, This is quite an annoyance for me and any help is appreciated.Happydots6 Jul 5, 2014
Jul 5, 2014 I made an effective Command Demon macro Okay, so Command Demon is a very buggy and laggy spell. I've tried searching for a good macro to use but there was nothing that did what I wanted it to do. Enough yapping: Normal macro: #showtooltip command demon /stopcasting /cast spell lock /cast disarm /cast singe magic /cast command demon Focus/party1 macro: #showtooltip command demon /stopcasting /cast [@focus] spell lock /cast [@focus] disarm /cast [@party1] singe magic /cast [@focus] command demon (make one for party2/party3) Now, regardless of if you sac Imp or Felhunter, this macro will do what you need it to do. You can also add other pet abilities if you sac other pets, such as Axe toss or seduction.Samsungsfive2 Jul 5, 2014
Jul 5, 2014 Soulburn Haunt level 100 talent I was able to check out Warlords at blizzcon last year and the soulburn haunt talent for locks caused haunt to increase your haste by 15% for 30 seconds. When the Warlords alpha notes were first posted that was the case with the talent. Now the most current patch notes page has the talent listed as increasing your dots damage instead of haste. At what point was that changed and what was the reasoning?Demonicxfury2 Jul 5, 2014
Jul 5, 2014 Time spent healing/resurrecting demon I seem to be spending most of my time healing and resurrecting my demon. Is this typical?Shadestar7 Jul 5, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 Swap Talent Specs or nah? I'm wondering in my current state if switching to affliction would be safe. I love Destro but Affliction is fun to. Although in the current state of wow people will boot you for having lower dps, so I would hate to switch to affliction and start getting booted. Any thoughts?Afgani4 Jul 4, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 Raiding as Demonology Just curious if anyone still raids as demonology. This was long my favorite spec, but I just can't seem to get anywhere near the numbers as demo compared to destro. Just wondering if it gets better at higher gear levels or if I'm stuck sub par if I go back to demo. I really never see anything but destro these days, sadly. I'm just casual, but thinking of trying to find a raid group and move up to flex or normal, but just wondering if I'm stuck with destro (or even affliction) if I do so.Mydnyte10 Jul 4, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 Was I supposed to get an achievement? For completing the green fire quest. I drained the fel energy from Kantherad and have green fire now, but didn't get an achievement.Saeraen2 Jul 4, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 Destro for PvP? How is it? for example if I wanted to play every facet of the game (casual PvP and PvE) and only wanted to play a destro lock, is this a viable choice?Dethus3 Jul 4, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 Why... Why did you pick warlock? Like of all the classes, the darkest and most demonic spoke to you? Or do you just like big crits and fast ticks?Jarovit36 Jul 4, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 WoD Demonology PvP performance Hoping someone with access will help answer these questions: What is your build? How much damage does Hand of Gul'dan deal in caster form? - How much damage does 1-stack Shadowflame do? - How much damage does 2-stack Shadowflame do (hogweaved)? - How much damage do these deal with full cooldowns? How much damage does Soul Fire deal in caster form? - How much damage does Soul Fire deal in Metamorphosis? - How much damage does Soul Fire deal in Meta with full cooldowns? - How much damage does Touch of Chaos deal w / w/o full cooldowns? - How much damage does Chaos Wave deal w / w/o full cooldowns? How much damage are imps doing? How much damage are pets doing? With full cooldowns? How is corruption interacting with Metamorphosis since dots no longer snapshot? How is Doom interacting with a lack of snapshotting? How is the damage? How is Demon Bolt performing?Ptol3 Jul 4, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 Mages vs. Warlocks I had to do a lot of researching to make this topic. Don't assume this is a QQ thread. I'm just trying to compare our weaknesses and strengths as warlocks and mages are compared by both community and blizz a lot. I'll compare things side by side with the closest mechanic. To start: Mastery Frost Specialization: Increases the damage of your Frost spells by 25% and of your Frostbolt spell by an additional 15%. Frostburn: All your spells deal 20% increased damage against Frozen targets. Each point of Mastery increases damage by an additional 2.5%. Cataclysm: Increases Fire spell damage by 25%. Fiery Apocalypse: Increases all fire damage you deal by 10.8%. Each point of Mastery increases fire damage by an additional 1.35%. Fire Specialization: Increases the damage of your Fire spells by 25%. Flashburn: Increases the damage done by all your periodic fire damage effects by 22.4%. Each point of Mastery increases periodic damage done by an additional 2.8%. Shadow Mastery: Increases Shadow spell damage by 25%. Potent Afflictions: Increases all periodic shadow damage you deal by 13.04%. Each point of Mastery increases periodic shadow damage by an additional 1.63%. I'm not going to compare Demo and Arcane mastery specializations as those two have very different mechanics. They aren't largely similar either. Blink 12% of base mana Instant 15 sec cooldown Teleports the caster 20 yards forward, unless something is in the way. Also frees the caster from stuns and bonds. Demonic Circle: Summon 15% of base mana 0.5 sec cast You summon a Demonic Circle at your feet, lasting 6 min. You can only have one Demonic Circle active at a time. Demonic Circle: Teleport100 Mana 40 yd range Instant 30 sec cooldown Teleports you to your Demonic Circle and removes all snare effects. Longer Cooldown, more mana, predictable direction, has a duration[Cast time is negligible]. However we do remove snares and have a greater range. (Snares is actually bugged, my teleport doesn't remove snares at all.) Cone of Cold Level 85 25% of base manaInstant 10 sec cooldown Targets in a cone i n front of the caster take 752 to 822 Frost damage and are slowed by 60% for 8 sec. Shadowflame Level 85 25% of base mana Instant 12 sec cooldown Targets in a cone in front of the caster take 668 to 730 Shadow damage and an additional 486 Fire damage over 6 sec. greater CD, about equal in damage when you consider half the spell does not benefit from mastery. Have to glyph for the slow which is 10% greater but 2 secs less. Arcane Explosion Level 85 15% of base mana Instant Causes an explosion of arcane magic around the caster, causing 255 to 275 Arcane damage to all targets within 10 yards. Hellfire Level 85 64% of base mana Channeled Ignites the area surrounding the caster, causing 319 Fire damage to himself and 319 Fire damage to all nearby enemies every 1 sec. Lasts 15 sec. Range is the same. WAY more mana, but channeled, so better? No. Also deals damage to self. Ours does deal more aoe however. Can be talented only in demo to move around. Ice Lance Level 85 6% of base mana 35 yd range Instant Deals 351 to 447 Frost damage to an enemy target, damage doubled against frozen targets. Incinerate Level 85 14% of base mana 40 yd range 2.5 sec cast Deals 510 to 592 Fire damage to your target and an additional 85 to 99 Fire damage if the target is affected by an Immolate spell. Holy crap is this one sided. More mana, less damage if condition is met. Instant vs a Slow cast. Instant being big key. 5 yard range difference. Frost Nova Level 85 7% of base mana Instant 25 sec cooldown Blasts enemies near the caster for 368 to 426 Frost damage and freezes them in place for up to 8 sec. Damage caused may interrupt the effect. Shadowfury Level 85 27% of base mana 30 yd range Instant 20 sec cooldown Shadowfury is unleashed, causing 688 to 818 Shadow damage and stunning all enemies within 8 yds for 3 sec. More mana, but less CD and more damage. Damage won't be affected by mastery however since this is a talent in the destro tree. The effect of snares and damage interruption brings some variable to this. Main difference in the talenting. Evocation Channeled 4 min cooldown Gain 15% of your mana instantly and another 45% of your total mana over 6 sec. Soul HarvestChanneled 30 sec cooldown You seek out nearby wandering souls, gaining 1 soul shard and regenerating 15% of your health every 3 sec for 9 sec. Cannot be cast when in combat. Evocation can be glyphed to gain 40% health over the duration as well. Slightly less than Soulharvest which gains no mana (and have to wait 3 seconds for the 1st tick rather than an instant benefit). The CD is a benefit but that's pretty much required for the reliance on Shards :/Igniz55 Jul 4, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 Singe Magic macro? Hey, im looking for a singe magic macro, gonna try afflic PVP with imp..this is my last chance really...if it doesnt improve..then ill....be done. I want it to cast when i bind it to a button..then when i shift that bound key i want it to singe magic off my target....help =(Krazmoti17 Jul 4, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 Hit Rate = Hit Chance? After taking a DPS Warrior to 90, I switched to a destruction warlock and loved it ever since. I'm trying to improve my stats and have been doing research on icy veins, noxxic, and here. The sites all mention achieving a hit rate of 15%. My problem is that I can't find anything that gives specifically says what my hit rate is. I do see hit chance and that it has a percentage. Is it the same thing? My current percentage is 11.21. When I hover over hit chance it say I have a 0% miss chance on 93/special character. If hit rate and hit chance are the same thing, what do I need 15% for? If they aren't, where can I find hit rate? Thanks for any helpFelkuth3 Jul 4, 2014
Jul 4, 2014 Affliction Streamers or YouTubers? Do any of you here know where i could find a good streamer or Youtube page that focuses on Affliction play? (PVP) Destruction players are a dime a dozen any more, and i can't find anyone who regularly posts or streams the contentGrogknocker5 Jul 4, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 The better of the two? So I'm planning on boosting a lovely lock when I get my pre-order, but first I'm leveling her to 60 to get the prof. boost. Anyway, while I'm getting the feel for a lock, I chose Affl as my spec. I know that Destro is the most popular spec as of right now for its high dps, but I heard that it's quite easy to master and presents no challenge. I'm used to DoTs from being a boomkin so I figured Affl would be okay. But is it really? IS Affl a good way to go in this world full of Destro? No matter how many guides I read on either spec, it doesn't specify which one is "better." Or, does picking either one not even matter? Thank you!Anowin16 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 High Warlord xmog for Warlocks I reached 1800 in RBGs a few weeks ago on this toon and I finally got my lazy Warlock butt to Area 52 to buy the replica High Warlord gear. Just like me previous toons to reach 1800 there are no matching belt and cloak for the set. What is a good match for the set? Link http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=826Crishaur1 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 What's the use of green flame questline? I've been trying at it, and seem to be dying a lot (obviously), though it's specific places that get me. Apart from my rant about how this isn't a test of skill, but a test of macro management.... I must ask.. Is this a permanent buff or a simple color change? Could I possibly change it back to orange afterward on a whin or is it permanent? I suppose what I'm asking is.. is this simply cosmetic?Tenaciousvix9 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 Warlock pets I read the sticky and couldn't find it, so I clicked the search bar and it does that Error404. Info I find on google were stuff from 2 years ago -Does anyone know what pet to use in dungeons?. I've been using the Observer(felhunter) ever since I could queue dungeons, is this the right choice?. I understand it depends on the dungeon and spells you need, but now people just run through them as when I first started playing it was all CC in cata and such. Is there a website that says which pets do the most DPS?Jcamps4 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 Warlock PvP Spec?!? So i am new to warlocks and im not a pro pvper or anything and just want to aim to be decent. What is the better overall PvP spec for locks?Xato8 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 How does Demonology PvP look in WoD? Any better than it is now (relatively speaking)? Beta testers welcome.Xyzoth11 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 WoD beta? For those who have played the beta so far, how has warlock been performing? Is one spec standing out thus far? I realize that in the future there will be further modifications made to the class, but I'm just curious as to how warlock is right now. Thanks!Draakos4 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 Destro in WoD PvP Wise Hey guys. I recently have been thinking about leveling an alt and have stumbled upon the idea of Destro lock. It seems super fun in PvP especially for 2s and dueling, which I love to do most (I know that's nooby). I checked out the Wod beta notes to make sure destro isn't getting nerfed to the ground. I'm fine with the howl of terror removal, but I want to know what will happen for destros with the KJC nerf and the removal of fel flame. What will you be casting in the middle of an arena when on the move besides wasting conflags? Will this leave destro not very viable or will they still be quite dangerous and fun in 2s and dueling? Thanks guys for the feedback.Jif2 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 Green fire Third attempt, took longer going through that stupid maze and looting all that crap.Lamiktal1 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 is boosting a warlock a worthy investment? you see, i've had this warlock since late 05. it was my very first character ever to be level capped when BC rolled around. so it's kinda my original main. i kinda miss the lil guy but so over the leveling process because i have almost 5 90s. i mainly just play this game for PVP. rarely ever do dungeons. not sure about boosting it coz all i hear about is how warlocks are getting nerfs all the time. the other options are shaman or priest, as i've got every other class above lvl 70. what do you guys think?Glitterface4 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 Incinerate while moving in warlords. I see it as as good idea personally. With the changed so KJC and the removal of Fel Flame we need to be able to do something other then waste Conflagrations that we want for our standing rotation and cast rain of fire. I also do not see why this is such an issue now. Yes we are able to cast a powerful spell while moving ( cuz lets face it for a basic cast spell Incinerate is OP as hell) But this should not be a PVP issue as they are making the talent more PVP friendly :P. Moving chaos Blot is better then moving incinerate ANY DAY of the week As far as PVE goes it just makes us less versatile in most situations compared to all the other classes. Consider aoe We will haft to Pre position ourselves to cast Fire and brimstone spells in preparation for tank movement to get good dps. If Blizzard thinks our AOE is to powerful and we should not be able to move on top of that maybe they should look in to idk nurfing incinerate :P This would make the preformence a bigger factor in DPS. My final point is at this point look at how many specs can cast while moving. Shamans for one spec, Hunters for all 3, mages have a BUTT LOAD of instant casts to fill in moment. It just feels like Destro is once again going to take a seat on the bench for being less versatile. This is just the way i see it I know we are probably still going to be very high standing DPS as of this time but not being able to move is a big hit to the specs over all versatility. Take a look at how meany Demo locks take KJC and I think you will see that having moving incinerate is actually a DPS increase that we want.Drezon21 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 Command demon; flames of xoroth gone. Or so the beta testers report. Hopefully it's a bug because these are both pretty mandatory for GoSac Destro. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13272867321#3Etienne13 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 Solo Ashes of Al'ar farming I am super interested in getting the Ashes of Al'ar mount. Unfortunately, I have no experience at all with the entire dungeon Tempest Keep. I want to solo it if at all possible and I wanted to know if any other Warlocks have successfully been able to do this at level 90. I have an Ilevel of 486 also. Any recommendations or suggestions would be most welcome as would any site links. I have been searching for info but so far, I haven't come up with any definitive idea as to whether it's possible.Aalida33 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 Just beat Kanrethad Why do I feel better than when I graduated college?Raelag3 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 Demonology circleperk thread every1 knows demonology best spec #2014Ptol41 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 What spec Hey fellow locks I was wondering at my il which is 570 what do you think is the best spec to pull hype highest dps at if the spec is played correctly. Destro, aff, or demo ThanksEskomowooken3 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 arena 2's question Hi I'm currently running destro till i have enough gear to go affy. My question is at what point is affy viable for 2's? I've always been a big affy fan but I've been doing 2's as destro since it seems to be a bit more forgiving at the momentMeanbèan6 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 Fel Flame is extremely overpowered http://i.imgur.com/tjeiXsS.jpg How, and why hasn't this been nerfed yet?Mal8 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 3, 2014 Weakauras help I'm a relatively new lock, and having just got the bindings from Immerseus, albeit in lfr, I have finally decided to break down and try to use weakauras, but the best string I found which clumped trinket procs as well as all of my cds seems to be outdated and won't load properly. Anybody have any good suggestions of alternatives or can send me to where I can learn how to get a string for each individual proc and cd I want? Any and all help is greatly appreciated :)Loxor14 Jul 3, 2014
Jul 2, 2014 Warlock Help Hi all, looking for feedback or criticism for my Warlock. We struggled a bit on Garrosh and looking to see if there's anything she can do to elevate her gameplay or any other tips the forums can offer. The Class forums have always been a really instructional tool for my guild and we appreciate any feedback and criticism: Profile: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kirin-tor/Vederah/advanced Logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gHX9tV2CFZxWkAnM/Ndel7 Jul 2, 2014