Warlock

Sep 1 Glyph of Floating Soul Shards - REALLY? Blozzard, what the f*k? These soul shards look so tiny they're like tears floating above my head. They're barely noticeable. PLEASE make them BIGGER for crying out loud. And have them float ABOVE my head, not IN MY FACE. /signed Warlock communityHotpwnsta30 Sep 1
Sep 1 Glyph of Fel-Touched Shards 7.2.5 is right around the corner and with it are some cool new glyphs to give us some actual soul shard visuals. The only thing that concerns me is that, when I was last able to check the PTR at least, the Glyph of Fel-Touched Shards didn't appear in the scribe's unlearned glyphs like the other two glyphs did - with purple shards from the Broken Shore vendor and fiery shards dropping from Kil'jaeden. With how close the patch is and the fact that wowhead has no info about where the glyph comes from, I can't help but worry that blizzard made it and then didn't put it into the game. I'm not sure if it was put in somewhere on the PTR and it just hasn't been reported yet, or if it simply wasn't made obtainable at all.Aesa22 Sep 1
Sep 1 Leveling 100-110, need advice please Sup guys! I want to level this Lock as my alt and I'm wondering which spec would be the best/fastest to level with ? It's either Affliction or Destro because Demo is just not appealing to me. Affliction seems like a good option...Dot mobs while Void is tanking for me. On the other hand, Destro used to one shot stuff (dunno if it's still the case). Also, is Destro AoE still lacking? It's been a while since I've played him and lots have changed since WoD. I guess I'm looking for some insights/opinions on which spec is best suited to level with in terms of efficiency and speed. I might push the question further by asking which spec is the best to solo with once 110 for casual world quests and stuff like that because this is what I'll mainly do with him for now given my limited playtime :/ Big thanks!Rottenberg19 Sep 1
Sep 1 I dont wanna jinx it, but My demo skull didnt disappear a single time during raid tonight! It always came back after TK's Discord.Impcole3 Sep 1
Sep 1 demo sucks again https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/13#boss=2032 Demo is not supposed to be stomped in max dps potential by 75% of dps specs in single target. This is not how this game is supposed to work. A heavy caster that suffers a lot in movement is not supposed to be beaten by classes that don't cast at all, or classes that have great aoe abilities. This is also why demo is the least played warlock spec, and among top 3 least played specs in this game. We are poor heavy casters, who can't immune soak anything, who suffer 30% dps in movement, who suck in aoe and multi-target. Now we also suck in single target. You know what, we will SUCK MORE when new tier comes out, because it's like 7% dps drop when you drop tier 20 set for tier 21 set, tier 21 set is just horse !@#$.Danktrees14 Sep 1
Sep 1 My pet has less health now. Lost about 500k. Did they nurf infernals or something?Sanders6 Sep 1
Sep 1 Blue Post about visual updates Originally posted by Blizzard ... TL;DR "Solanis has posted announcing that this round of visual updates has come to a close, but there are more planned for the future." Source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=271020/blizzard-blue-post-roundup-this-month-in-wow-september-shadows-of-argus-art-cont So... When is this future exactly? next expansion?Albiondragon2 Sep 1
Aug 31 Best arena spec 7.3? Any opinions? Thanks!Freeze4 Aug 31
Aug 31 Demonic Inc Mythic Hey Guys In this fight we get torment for attacking bosses at the wrong time. So I know that any dots on the wrong boss wont generate addition torment. If I re cast a dot on a boss that I currently should not be targeting will that dot generate torment to me?Blythyie4 Aug 31
Aug 31 affliction interesting how the developers promote their happy changes in the patch notes (such as the buffs to DK) and hide the changes they know are unwarranted, like the ridiculous nerfs to affliction; these are hidden in the ptr notes. affliction is ranked 19th in all-classes damage (least of three lock builds). by what standard are they nerfing affliction, and why not be upfront about it? affliction has been nerfed every patch since day one of expac. why the hatred for locks?Agikus11 Aug 31
Aug 31 Noob Demo Looking for Tips New to WoW in general, friend bought me the game to play with him. Been playing for a bit with Demonic Calling Improved Dreadstalkers Shadowfury Hand of Doom Burning Rush Grim of Service and Demonbolt and it seems to have been working, although I very recently swapped Hand of Doom for Soul Harvest in order to prevent myself from resetting Doom while summoning imps, and swapped ImpStalkers for Impending doom to hopefully increase overall Imp numbers. Do you think this change is worth the micromanaging I'd have to do to add doom to all targets (keeping in mind I'm a beginner), and would swapping Impstalkers for Impending Doom actually increase my numbers, as I assumed? Also, with Grimoire of service, what sort of summons should I be sticking to? Normally I use the Void Walker while playing Solo, and the Felguard while playing with my Demon Hunter (tank) friend. Which situations should I use the Succubus, Felhunter and Imp? Any other tips would also be appreciated!Pyracae7 Aug 31
Aug 31 Having trouble playing Warlock again... After playing my shadow priest with new animations. I feel like a god of death and my warlock feels like a runescape character after a day of this guy. :(Defury6 Aug 31
Aug 31 Where is Calydus? After completing and obtaining my third artifact weapon, I simply can't find Calydus anywhere on my order hall. Is this a bug or is something not intended?Almightytoad11 Aug 31
Aug 31 Succubus in arena? Why dont warlocks use her in arena's? Sorry if this is a dumb question im just curious because it seems like it would be really good in theory.Heiling5 Aug 31
Aug 30 High Parse Videos Good Morning Apart for last night (Patched screwed my add ons) I parse around the 70% most of the time and get a few in the 90s hear and there. I have been trying to find some videos of other Warlock that Parse i the 90s + to see what they are doing thats different but can see to find anything. Any help? Really want to keep in the 90s on a regular basis.Blythyie2 Aug 30
Aug 30 World Quests I am at the point in the Warlock Campaign where I just opened up World Quests and I need to do 10. I scooted my butt on down to the first one I saw on the map and promptly got humbled by some felhunters. Then I said well that was just a fluke and hop-skipped-and-jumped to the next closest one and got rekt. Besides "don't be bad" can you offer me any tips when starting these? I am doing some research today but I also wanted to post here to get help from other warlocks. I'm a recent re-sub and I haven't even done a mythic so I am quite new to Legion. Thanks in advance ^^Critneyfears6 Aug 30
Aug 30 Another useless currency? I just finished the table quest for the nethershards, and I'm now sitting on 12k of them, and when I went to pay the vendor a visit, they told me he moved to Argus. Am I sitting on 12k paperweights now? I wish they would do a conversion where I could trade in like 10 Nethershards for 1 Veiled ArguniteAtraxx2 Aug 30
Aug 30 Soul Shards Glyph Hello I have to ask Why Glyph of Ember Shards is replece to glyph of Fel-Touched Shards. I see in my mage , where get glyph of Fel-Touched Shards in prof UI and I saw that I had already learned, but the glyph of ember shard disappeared, why? we have only glyph of Fel-Touched Shards and Glyph of Floating Shards now?Kazharon4 Aug 30
Aug 30 Conspiracy theory We didnt get caster animations this patch right? Only 1 that i can find, infernal having nice green shoes. What i think.... they are saving it for 7.3.5 for a rework. Whats the point of updating spells you will just get rid of right?Demontune3 Aug 30
Aug 30 Hi! small question. I have 4 legendaries.... 1 : Wilfred ring of supreme summoning 2 : kazak belt 3 : Neck of bubles. 4 : Sephuz secrets. Heres the probelm. If i use kazak belt i spec impending doom and hand of doom. However if i use wilfreds ring i really need to spec improve dreadstalkers ( 4 demons being summoned ) I was thinking keep the belt but dont spec impending doom. what do you think?Demontune4 Aug 30
Aug 30 Warlock Tank!! Most likely blizzard will redesign some aspects of the Warlock class. Since we don't have any cloth tanks, and warlocks used to have a glyph which allowed to have some tanking attributes. For the next expansion we should have warlock tanks!!Kavis10 Aug 30
Aug 30 Help! My dps is terrible. My fellow warlocks, My damage is akin to a sick newborn kitten. I've just resubbed and I can't figure out the problem. I was last subbed just before NH was released and everything is different. I've been using the rotation and spec advised by icy veins for 7.2.5 affliction. If this is the correct rotation and spec, then I'm doing it fine, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Be gentle. Please advise. JayzichJayzich35 Aug 30
Aug 30 Soul shard fragments weakauras? Does anybody have a nice export they could share that not only tracks soul shards, but the fragments? I don't want to watch my resource bar in the top left anymore. Thanks in advance.Xqzk4 Aug 30
Aug 29 Felwolves/hellhounds as Warlock pets I... please. I need them. Just give us a battle pet even, I need it so bad. Look at this cute dork. I'm gonna pet him until my hands burn off. https://files.catbox.moe/twkeog.jpgKrïsella1 Aug 29
Aug 29 7.3. warlock buffs are AMAZING! ... Glad I'm not a [LOL] Survival Hunter.Yahzarah17 Aug 29
Aug 29 warlock mana in legion.... i've been playing on the ptr not the beta so maybe its different at 110 but it seems like your mana is gone in no time at all. how is that supposed to be fun?Twoshoes16 Aug 29
Aug 29 Legendary question This is an alt and I've been having a lot of fun on her. I've been trying to gear her but two upgrades in the last 24 hours have caused me to break my 4pc bonus. I got my helm legendary from a mythic+ run last night and I got 935 pants from my weekly chest today. Losing both those slots has made me have to rearrange my gear somewhat. In the process, I now only have my 3pc. Are these upgrades worth the loss of the bonus until I can get my hands on the tier shoulders? The legendary I was using before were the boots and those are the only ones I have for her (belt, boots, helm). Would it be better to just hang on to the 935 pants and keep my 4pc until I can get the shoulders?Enara3 Aug 29
Aug 29 INfernal visual upgrade At least my infernal and Eye of inquisition got a visual upgrade. we got something!Aurigha0 Aug 29
Aug 29 Things you hate when being asked for summons "Lock summon" and then no one clicks on the the freakin closet and then whine about no summonsUnstannimal23 Aug 29
Aug 29 Draenei warlocks? Once we conquer Argus would it be possible for Draenai to be playable warlock race? Something along the lines of corruption of legion is gone, lets get to understand this magic... On the flip side, if I was super lore based which I am not wouldn't the destruction of Argus and the inability of demons to come back mean the end of the Warlock class summoning demons?Jakub15 Aug 29
Aug 29 Soul Shards above head - Legion I love the look of Soul Shards when floating above your head, both in and out of combat. But in the videos I've seen of Legion alpha, Warlocks no longer have this, even when spec'd affliction. Are they getting rid of this? Pretty disappointing if so.Cathelaia10 Aug 29
Aug 29 Demonology the new goto spec? Just wondering. I see that demonology is parsing higher than the other 2 specs and actually pretty high on the dps charts overall. Are people switching? Is it worth the grind?Jinshusheì15 Aug 29
Aug 29 Demonology is garbage for pvp Vs melee I feel pretty useless. Way too much needs to be hardcasted. Way too much ramp up. Almost 0 Mobility No slow or snare. If you do get a cast of it does !@#$ all for damage. (Dogos do literally 15k dmg per attack. )Chaaka18 Aug 29
Aug 29 Can't Soulstone dead members Just started to raid with my warlock today, and on both occasions when I targeted dead raid members to brez, I ended up soulstone myself. Did something change? I'm using blizzard raid ui. The second time I made sure it wasn't me that was the target and still put a stone on myself.Rookie9 Aug 29
Aug 29 Warlock Soulstones Yet another iconic warlock unique ability being homogenised. Soul-stones will no longer be relevant in outdoor content on Argus. ...I know one line out of a huge post, but one of the few remaining iconic Warlock mechanics we use for questing outdoors is the ability to soul-stone ourselves; now every class will be able to rez themselves. Link to full post....I know, a small insignificant mechanic that does not replace us entirely, but why introduce this mechanic and make it available to all classes? is this a future glimpse of the Warlock class becoming, once again, less and less relevant? who knows; but damn it, I am just tired of repeatedly getting kicked in the balls; why don't they just kill us off and be done with it.Walkerbo9 Aug 29
Aug 29 Warlock pet graphic diveristy I want to start by saying that I am no expert and if any of my concerns have already been addressed I am more than happy to apologize for some of the rant like comments you may see below. I started with WOW back during the initial beta and I have had a love hate relationship with the Warlock class ever since. I rarely post here or anywhere for that matter but after recent experiences I had to say its time for Warlocks to get some love. Please note that this post is not about DPS, raid or dungeon ability or any tangible change to the class in anything other than appearance. In short this post is about pet visual diversity. To be extra clear what I am suggesting is that Warlock pets get some graphic interchangeability. Why you may ask? pretty simple for me and again I realize that I am speaking for myself and I do not suggest in any way that I represent any other Warlocks. I have seen the same pets for years now and frankly its time for a change. Yes I know they have had the graphics tweaked and updated a bit but for the love of the Fel we need access to some of the diversity that Blizz as implemented within the overall graphics for demons. Yes I am aware that we can make a few small changes with glyphs but it pales in comparison to my Hunter who can literally pick from hundreds of pet appearances and have zero impact on the mechanics behind the pets appearance. I am NOT suggesting Warlocks be given access to the same level of customization as the hunter as its part of what makes their class special and I don't want to step on that aspect of the class. I am, however, suggesting that a few more options would be nice. My first suggestion would be to allow Warlocks to switch the appearances we already have to any of our pets. To be clear I would like to summon my tank pet and have it look like my imp or fel hunter as an example. Personally I loved the blue blob tank, yes I know not everyone does but it was my ally for the initial 50 levels back in the day and I miss using him. It would be fantastic to summon my infernal and have him look like my good old blue blob buddy. Not to mention how happy I would be to get that huge infernal body out of my way.. blocking my view and forcing me to play in a zooooomed out fashion far beyond what I like. I wont even start on how annoying that play style is when I am in close quaters..sheesh. With the Hunter class, Blizz has proven they have the mechanics to assign a wide variety of graphic representations to a specific set of stats. i.e. my tank turtle performs the same way as a tank bird or tank cat etc. Making it possible for a Warlock to assign a mechanic from one demon to the look of another should be a minor challenge. Would i like to see a wider diversity, sure, but for now it would be enough to allow me to summon any of my current pets and assign to them the mechanic of another..just like a hunter can already do. Always open to feedback. if you agree with me or think I'm nuts please let me know. Cheers.Elustria0 Aug 29
Aug 29 2600+ Implosion, FINALLY The dream is made bois! 2648 cr running implosion and a couple of zoo games. thanks for all who game and watched the stream, ive got the vod link down below. Fought a couple of R1's and friends which was a pain but hopefully 2648 is enough for glad this season ._. expecting it to spike quite far tonight as its final day. Anyways, enjoy watching and if you have any questions or comments feel free to ask below!! DAMOOOJES https://www.twitch.tv/videos/170561340 twitch/NazumarNazumar12 Aug 29
Aug 29 Like Aff, Hate doomguard. Not sure what the next step is here, I hate hate hate having it as a permanent pet to the point where its making not want to play. Should I bring a different class going into 7.3?Defury6 Aug 29
Aug 28 Sealed Tome of the Lost legion... WTF? Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion... WTF? Ok this tome is redonk at this point... All I want is for my Warlock to shot green flames. That shouldn't cost me 100k gold on the AH and be a near impossible farm. This is an item that really needs the drop rate made higher or perhaps 100%. It could be a toy that only Warlocks only get and turns their spells green for 2 hours. Please Blizzard Fix this. It is way past do. Thank YouLagwall38 Aug 28
Aug 28 gemming What would be the best gems for my empty slot?Sprokets3 Aug 28
Aug 28 affy lub a dub dub hey to all my fellow affliction muthalockas i have to say, since legion has essentially forced us to choose a main and stick with it, i'm happy that i stuck with aff lock (i used to be solely destro). aff locks are so much fun, even with nerfs and being so gear dependent to be viable at anything. i'd say playing my lock is more fun than my huntard. what's fun about your aff lock? draining life? stealing souls? big love to the affy community <3 TGIFSerpent18 Aug 28
Aug 28 is affliction threat not working properly? so I noticed something odd about our threat, it seems like corruption dot, agony dot and UA dot all do not generate threat on a target. I first noticed it because during my opener on rares on broken shore my doomguard was somehow able to rip agro then I confirmed it by using omen threat meter. seems only draining and seed really generates any threat for us.Twistedshade0 Aug 28
Aug 28 FINALLY!! Finally got the mage tower done. Oh my god the fight is insane!!! I got hit by two waves of dark wings and dropped super red on my kill. Sweaty fingers. hype is real.Demontune6 Aug 28
Aug 28 Fire mage LF warlock alt spec What spec should I play? I'm currently 890 Affliction with the teleport pants ( :( ). I'm coming from main mythic raider fire mage, and affliction seems a little boring to me. Are the other specs fun, or am I not doing something right here...Xentros7 Aug 28
Aug 27 Best Destro Tier 2 Crucible Abilities Helloooooooo people. I'm back after parsing like doggie sh!t on wow logs as usual (#2 world heroic mistress pad is the best I can do sorry T_T). So just wanted to hear what Destro people were thinking regarding the new crucible abilities. For the list you can go here: http://www.wowhead.com/news=270524/patch-7-3-netherlight-crucible-preview I'm thinking the best in tier 2 ability will be the Holy ability Light Speed which increases haste and movement speed by 650. Haste is obviously our best stat and I'm loving the added MOVEMENT SPEED especially since that is a very underrated ability in raids especially for us warlocks. Next best option looks like it will be the Shadow ability Master of Shadows which increases mastery and avoidance by 1000. More mastery = more yums with 4 piece tier bonus = more damage. I'm not sure how it will compare with other Shadow abilities that sound pretty interesting and I hope lockonestopshop will sim them soon. Tier 3 talents are buffs to minor traits which is what we have right now with relics so I'm assuming that will remain the same in terms of which one's best. Any thoughts? Comments? I haven't been back in a while but I guess the QQ is the same here lul. Destro right now is in a pretty good spot, definitely much better than NH. I'm loving the new leggo combos I'm trying with certain fights because you have to play totally differently depending on which two leggos you equip. Overall sure there's things here and there that can be improved but no major issues IMO. Personally I'd still like to see more diversity with tier 1 talent skills (Backdraft vs.... something else) but oh well nothing's perfect. Have a nice day~ ^_^Hotpwnsta4 Aug 27
Aug 27 Warlock on ptr - Better or worst? i see many class with buff and no change for warlock... what you think guys? lock will be worst CASTER on 7.3 ? on still worth leveling a new warlock ?Aethyus21 Aug 27
Aug 27 What mods should I have? I am finally at the point where I believe mods would help me out a bit. Can anyone recommend a few that will fit my warlock? I don't know which ones are still compatible with all of the new content. Thanks all! Off to try and get flying in Draenor!Sallerna2 Aug 27
Aug 27 Ever since legion started... I play my warlock just to be in combat. Ill hit a training dumby all day if it pleases me. I have found that starting in legion, I feel EXTREMELY slow. The satisfaction i once had while playing destruction is all lost. Not to mention most abilities were turned into talents and you have to deal with switching talents before any boss fight to have the best outcome. Does anyone feel the same way in that its just slow and boring and feels worse than it used to be?Latedash1 Aug 27
Aug 27 Infernal Visual Back in the beginning of Legion there was a bug that caused our Infernal to look different. He looked like a smoldering charcoal and it was great. I sure wish we could get skins for our demons to more fit our individual personalities.Torakk3 Aug 27
Aug 25 Destro LOCK, best Relm mythic DEsolate host As tittle says what is the best realm spirit or corp for mythic desolate host for warlock ?Andruski5 Aug 25