Warlock

Apr 18, 2014 HELP: Damage done Need advice. Friend and I (both locks) did some rep grinding in Timeless. Ilvl for both is 540. My enchants/gemming somewhat better. His damage total 66 million, mine 10 million. His DPS 166,000 and mine was 45,000. His top 3: Incinerate/Bolt/Immolate (dot). Mine: Bolt/conflagrate/immolate. The question: What in the world am I doing wrong. His top spell: Incinerate for 20 million. My incinerate: rank #5 with 930,000. Thanks in advanceQsalterego15 Apr 18, 2014
Apr 18, 2014 Odd raiding question Not a Warlock question, per se, but I talk to and trust the Warlocks more than anyone else since that's where I spend all my time, to give it to me straight. At any rate, does this sound legit to you? Situation: Last week in the guild my alts are in, we were trying to run normals. They pugged a SPriest pulling 40k and wiped 4 times (duh). So the guild/raid leader suggests he might be a problem. Frustrated, I said, "Yes it's a problem, 40k DPS is freaking terrible and he should not be in normals". Admittedly, not the most PC answer, but I was tired of wasting my time, even if it was on alts. I didn't threaten the guy, insult his mother or anything, I very simply said his DPS was awful and he shouldn't be in normals yet...which is completely true. I suggested 150k for a DPS anyway and the raid leader brought in a 512 healer and this shadow priest....yeah. Shockingly that group hasn't even cleared a boss in flex 3 yet. Who'd have thunk it? Anyway, last night my guild leader tells me that a GM actually contacted him in regards to abuse because this SPriest contacted a GM saying he had been basically degraded and insulted by my comments. Do GM's really contact guild leaders because someone reported having their feelings hurt? To me, this seems like a bunch of sh*t. If that's true, damn GM's must spend a lot of time nursing butthurt people from LFR's and the like. I just can't for the life of me imagine this being factual. Has WoW come to this? "The warlock made me sad because my DPS was low?" My god. Of course this is from a raid/guild leader who claims to have pugged and beaten normals with 100k DPS. If you look up his toons, none of them have a normal victory...to which his explanation was, "Well I did it on other toons not on my account because someone asked me to". This sounds an awful lot like, "If you like your doctor, you can keep him". So at this point his credibility isn't exactly high in my mind. But the GM report over someone having their feelings hurt was just way over my believability limit.Kuzya3 Apr 18, 2014
Apr 18, 2014 What Horde Race?! Uggg if I had a dollar for each Warlock on Horde side I have made debating which race I should be I would have $8!!! Someone help me!!! What do you have/recommend?!Dorgum19 Apr 18, 2014
Apr 18, 2014 Heroic Garrosh advice First off I am affliction for every boss in here except Immersius and Galakras so I am already sub par at destro. We started heroic Garrosh ten man two nights ago. I am doing engineer and looking for some tips. Though that isn't really the issue I came to you all for because I am completing it pretty well I would just like some tips on maximizing boss and cleave damage. The problem I would like help with is first transition. My damage is low in there. In fact one attempt got beat by a disc priest. I am stunning first middle group with infernal and second right group with shadowfury. Those GCDs maybe the reason. My cast times too slow...I don't know any tips would be greatly appreciated. We wiped twice on second empowered whirling phase 3 burn last night. I expect we will be getting our kill tonight or Thursday. IGreener7 Apr 18, 2014
Apr 18, 2014 Affliction and DoT snapshotting in WoD Hi everyone, So I was chatting with a friend a few days ago about WoD and the removal of DoT snapshotting. At a gameplay/RPG level, I love the idea: knowing that I will benefit from my procs right away will make them feel all the more awesome - today, they are pretty much like an alarm to make me refresh DoTs. Now, the goodness of this is also its biggest concern... what will my job be? Timing DoTs is pretty much all I do today (other than not standing in fire). If I no longer have to do that, then my job will be... too easy? I tweeted to Celestalon and he was kind enough to answer with this: ... Ok, but it feels like not enough... we are basically making Haunt my Chaos Bolt, and now Aff just became Destro. So I was thinking... how do we make it more interesting/challenging? And I came up with this... Significantly increase the value of Malefic Grasp in the rotation Make KJC not affect MG (so you HAVE to be still when you cast) Now the challenge for Aff locks would be to minimize the movement (while staying alive, of course) so we can maximize the time spent casting MG. The best aff locks will be those that are able to time their movement perfectly so they spent the maximum possible amount of time static and casting MG. What do people think of this approach? Would it make sense? Would you like to play a lock like this?Shulax13 Apr 18, 2014
Apr 18, 2014 Need dat green fire yo Alright, I know about 400 people may have asked about this already but dammit I need that green fire. I've got the gear, I've got the dps, I've got the strategy down (sort of i guess) and I do well up until the feldogs come up. The pit lord will come out of my enslave and I die. I move him to the far side of the gate, havoc the first, feldog, chaos bolt the 2nd (or try if the lord isn't already un-enslaved). The moral of my story is; I need help. is there something I could be missing? My strategy: Start with max dps and CDs up until he summons the pit lord I fear the pit lord first for the extra dps then enslave the pit lord. I get through the imps with no problem, rain of fire then the pit lords breath teleport when he casts chaos bolt start a chaos bolt during cata charge finish the bolt, then see if I can get more dps out of the charge, then it's basic dps until he summons the dogs and then the enslave dispells and I die.Sageofwrath26 Apr 18, 2014
Apr 18, 2014 Glyphs Afflic PvP glyph of Unending Resolve vs glyph of Eternal Resolve? Normally I've been using neither for glyph of DemonTraining, which is good in some situations in both PvE and PvP, but I think I need more survivability. Eternal Resolve perma 10% damage reduc could be nice since it will always be up without having to rely on only 8 sec of damage reduction, but no spell interrupt immunity, could be worse. On the other hand glyph of Unending Resolve gives 60 sec cd reduction so you have more interrupt immune and can protect yourself more often. My other two glyphs are Siphon Life and Healthstone for added healboost. They seem like two that I shouldn't give up for any other glyph. glyph of Siphon Life is decent for both afflic and destro, it's just .5% of your hp per tick but it is still more healing and is even more effective when placed on multiple enemies. Glyph of Healthstone pretty much seems good for all locks in pvp. It doubles the the healing you could be getting, and using that with other stacked healing abilities like Dark Regeneration can be very potent self heals. Thoughts? What glyphs are you guys using? You don't have to be afflic to answerLucà23 Apr 18, 2014
Apr 18, 2014 Trying to gear optimize for CMs, help? Been running these with friends for the last couple weeks, working hard to get golds on them. Up to three so far, but I'd really like to try and start getting as much DPS as I can out of the gear available. For the most part, I'm gearing that the big rule to CMs is "more gem slots, the better". Past that though, I'm not sure what else I can do. I feel like I can put out more damage with the right choices. This isn't my CM set of course, but what I do have is a combination of 5man heroic gear to SoO gear, with pieces in between, for the purpose of getting as many sockets as possible. I've also got a number of trinkets to choose from, but I'm not sure which the best ones would be. Along with what I'm wearing, I also have... http://wowhead.com/item=75274 and http://wowhead.com/item=86907 There's also the issue of stat priority; should I be going into CMs with a different setup than current raids? Any advice would be appreciated.Finzell11 Apr 18, 2014
Apr 18, 2014 Mannoroth's Fury Why was Mannoroth's Fury changed to a 10 sec buff and a 1 min CD? it would make sence if it was a 1 min buff with a 10 sec CD :DLaheree12 Apr 18, 2014
Apr 18, 2014 Warlocks in pvp Ok just asking for the sake of knowing when to start pvp lol.. I know locks at 90 are good and lvling is not balanced. I'm just asking because at lvl 35 I get owned in every way possible. About what lvl do locks actually contribute to winning a bg..Phantam5 Apr 18, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 Warlock affliction macro help So I'm trying to make a macro to target nearest player and then fast soulswap instantly can someone tell me how? I tried a few different things but have never made a macro before so can someone make it for me and tell me how it works thanks :)Salvidor0 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 Aff PvP -- Haste vs. Mastery Hey all, I am having a hard time deciding between stacking haste vs mastery for affliction pvp. I realize the more haste, the faster fears, procs, etc. But I feel like my damage is much higher with mastery. I am also called upon sometimes to play Destro on certain RBG maps as well. So I am enjoying mastery right now, but I would like to know from experienced warlocks what your thoughts on the matter are. Thanks guys. Oh btw, it will be for predominantly 3's and RBGS Lock is: Nkoma - SargerasYeet7 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 Ember Tap confusion Is it just me? There are times, especially in world pvp or when im fighting things when low hp that my ember tap only heals me for around 1% of my hp or so. I don't understand this, and I can't seem to find any answer. Is it a bug? Or does it only heal me for 25% of the hp I currently have?Zombbvi7 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 Rate the xmog above you Just recently completed my random robeless look. Figured I'd make one of these threads!Felmaw21 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 Warlock Pros n Cons - Affliction low ilvls? I am considering playing a lock, but have never really played them much. Can someone provide a detailed list of Pros and Cons to warlocks? How they do in soloing things, how are the in raids, and the main thing... How does affliction work with low itemlevels? The spec I would like to play with is affliction, but I hear if you Aarent in heroic gear it isn't viable. Is this true?Iprototypo10 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 Demonic Gateway 46: Spaceballs the OT Merchandising merchandising ...Calvinball499 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 Got Kanrethad down.... ....to 2% and then a felhunter got mildly distracted and ate my enslave. /sob /cry /weepUkandrion5 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 RBG PvP questions Just wondering for other destro locks, usually what place are you in dmg in RBGs? Because i'm having a hard time staying up near the top say 7. And what can I do to start learning afflic? I haven't really played it since sl/sl back in BC and I want to try it now just because I can't find anyone wanting to make a team without being afflic. Like for ex.. do I always have to put up CoA to 10 stacks?Warpskull2 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 Cap PVP Gear at 9778 Haste? I have a quick question for theorycrafter PVP locks. Is it best to cap haste at the 9778 breakpoint and then stack mastery or keep it open ended for faster fears?Misuteri4 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 Removing felflame, the effects on demo While I understand getting rid of some abilities (ability bloat) and since there is less cc, casters don't need as many instant cast, but for me as demo felflame wasn't used cause of movenent its because shadowbolts cast time vs DMG output is sub par, especially compared to destro's Incinerate, if your taking away felflame please make shadowbolt more like incinerate. Maybe even make a glyph that lowers its casttime. I would like to add, I really like carrion swarm for PvP :( ...it will be missedSeridas44 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 h norushen help i can barely get 2 hits off on the big adds during the encounter as both aff and destro. i get sent down towards the end of the rotation. what i do to up my dps on those big adds without blowing embers/shards or dark soulJupiteran1 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 Demonic Circle: How / When do you use it? I've looked up some topics and have seen some YouTube videos on Demonic Circle. It's actually the main reason why I pretty much dropped all of my other alts to level this Warlock straight on until I get the ability at 76. I want to play around with it in PvP, BG's when I finally can, but world PvP for now, in regular questing spots. I'm on a bad connection [to the Internet] at the moment, so BG's will have to wait, sadly. Even outside of preemptive PvP situations, I'd still set one up all the time while I am questing, in case a Rogue jumps on me out of no where, or anyone attacks me for that matter; I can escape for a bit, heal up and attack or run if they're too powerful for me. In dungeons I would set one up frequently, in case of emergencies concerning the group wiping (Soulstone on me always, and it'll give me time to die in safe spot), or if I get aggro from a powerful mob or group of mobs, just to have a quick get away and have some time for extra healing. ? I've never raided and, as said above, my connection isn't good, so it'll wait. I've read many use them for mobility to get out of high damage areas (fire?) during raids. I just wanted to know the everyday use of Demonic Circle outside of raids / Arenas by anyone here? I want to learn some good / fun tips and tricks by someone who loves this ability, not just feels it's "eh", "highly situational", or rarely uses it. Like any silly / cool things that you often do with it? I'm sure some funny things in duels, so long as a house, building, tree branch or mountain is involved? And suggestions [to the devs] for improving it, as I've seen many complain about how "useless" it is many times since they say that it takes time to set up, whereas in "Oh @#$%^" moments, you need every second to get away if you could not (or chose not?) to set up the D-C beforehand? Like a Glyph or ability that makes the DC instant cast and ports you 40 yards in the direction you're moving at the moment (yes, similar to Blink...), but makes it have a 45 sec. or 1 min. cooldown? Make it optional to be instantly targeted anywhere within 40 yards by clicking on the screen to lay it down? Basically a clickable Warlock Blink ability. Not sure if that'd be 'overpowered' or 'not good enough' when concerning PvP in BG's and/or Arenas, as I don't play in them at the moment. Really, I just want to see more discussion on this ability. I've a feeling I'll be somewhat addicted to it. :)Zirmozitaz5 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 Warlocks nerf'd in pvp? Seriously 5.0-5.2 was good with Blood fear,Free casting, better heals but now us warlocks all we do is just cc and do some damage and end up being bait in arena.. We have no variation not even fun anymore... Bring Blood Fear back atleast...Robownz34 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 Are warlocks fun in PvP? Are warlocks fun at level 90 in PvP? I was considering bringing this toon out of his 6 year retirement, however I wasn't sure of the state of warlock PvP. Is Destro the only spec worth playing for PvP? Last time I played in TBC destro was painfully boring and never used in PvP as far as I'm aware of. After reading a few threads it seems it is the main PvP spec, did they make it more fun at least? How is survivability? I enjoy being able to take on at least two people and at least killing one of them before going down. What type of play style do they have in PvP now? Stand in the middle and tank? Stand as far back as possible and just DPS? Bursty? Fights that take years? Sorry for so many questions, I just wasted a lot of time leveling a hunter to 90 only to find it boring for PvP.Ihatehating28 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 Fix warlock pets please hunters / mages 2-3 shot the glyphed grimoire of supremacy pets making soul link useless. buff the pets or at least make the recast time on rez the same as hunters (1.6 second cast time)Crochcrikets11 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 17, 2014 Useful addons/macros for new boost? I don't want to be handheld through rotations or anything, but I am coming back to the game after a 2 year hiatus. Never set foot in MoP before, so I am going to level my old cata druid main through the content, but I have always wanted a level cap dps toon and I have always been attracted to locks out of the four pures, so I boosted this bad boy. The game has changed a LOT in the last couple years - can anyone recommend some must have macros or very useful addons for someone just jumping into the Warlock's world? I am planning to go destro with demo as my off spec - I will have enough dotting in my system after leveling the druid. Edit: I don't pvp, so recommendations for pve please! Thanks!Poto11 Apr 17, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 New and Willing to Learn! :) Hey guys, I boosted this lock about 3 days ago and I was just here to ask for some General Warlock PVP tips. - What are the top Warlock 3's comps.. (Destro and Affli) - What Classes am I going to have the most trouble with - Tricks/Strats to beat said classes. - General Arena Tricks/Strats What is my role in RBG's ? Just big numbers everywhere, or Big CC everywhere? I'm sure most of you get what I'm saying here, the more info the better.. I think I'm mostly getting the hang of it, this is just a random BG (Kotmogu) But, as you can see from my armory, my gear was literally nothing compared to everyone in the BG and I managed to pull most dmg & not one single death, I was havocing a orb carrier and CBing another, and sending them to the grave left & right. ;) <3 imgur.com/xBiCwK4Cancercleave14 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 Best warlock spec for leveling? Hey guys, just rolled this lock and was wondering which spec is best for leveling. Some of my guildies say its Demonology but I'm not certain of this. Could you guys help me out? Thanks a lot.Crab21 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 Few questions I'm wanting to turn this lock into my main because I heard they are great at soloing. I plan on soloing old raids up to the new content or as far as I can go, I'm also interested in soloing timeless and thunder isle rares (warbringers etc). Far as the question: How good are locks at soloing, does the pet make some mechanics non- soloable? Do locks offer a decent amount of raid utility? Examples if you don't mind? I'm looking to upgrade my weapon with the pvp 522's, should I go with the 1h and off hand or is the 2h a better deal? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advanceShocka8 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 The BIG Chaos Bolt I just insta-90'd this warlock to try out a new class. I am still figuring it out. My main has been a shaman for all of MoP, and the warlock on our raid team pulls out these insane Chaos Bolt crits. I want to know the secret. All I got out of him was "lots of mastery". Could someone give me a more specific, technical answer? Thanks!Hearthwind5 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 Transmog items to go with T16LFR Really happy with the way T16 LFR chest looks. Have a good belt, cape, and gloves to go with it. Any suggestions for helm and shoulders?Coreuption1 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 Rainbow Fire I have Red/Orange and Green fire. I would like to see some Purple(perhaps even Blue) fire. It would go well with my Xmog. Perhaps even some White fire. When I feel like pretending I'm a Priest. Please look into this Blizzard; I need to know how hot my fire is compared to other Warlocks.Xyrxyx26 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 Lock out for the Black Temple Scenario? Is there a lockout for the scnenario, meaning can I leave to go repair or something else? Noticed that i used the LFG icon to leave and I had to start over when i went back in. Do we have to do the whole scenario in one go? (And yes i know i am currently under-geared atm.)Purpleflower7 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 Staff vs. Dagger with Offhand Hi ya, I've been using staffs for my locks since day one. I'm now leveling another lock and I use a dagger with offhand and the numbers seem to be higher when in a fight. Should I stick to a good staff or opt out for a good dagger and offhand?Landaar7 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 Affliction Scaling So affliction tends to do poorly with low amounts of haste/mastery. Instead of making absurd changes, why not add more breakpoints along the haste values such that DOTs tick for lower damage, but much more frequently? This would allow lower amounts of haste to make a larger difference with lower ilevel gear and allow affliction to be more competitive.Coreuption3 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 Green Fire I have been trying for Months to get the Tome which begins the Quest line. I have been killing rates in Isle of Thunder but nothing. Is there anything else I can do. 3 months now and nothing :(Yoozel28 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 Are warlocks any good:Answered Are warlocks any good, any fun, etc. Should I use my free 90 on a warlock? Anyone on the "warlock" forums will tell you warlocks are fun. I'd go to general with this question. Yes, warlocks are fun. I've played them for 7 years. Are warlocks good at pvp? I got to 2k (ish) and I suck, so yes. Are warlocks good at pve? I'm 7/14 heroic and I suck, so yes.Songfire5 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 Demo in PvP now Been a PvP-er mostly. But as a healer. Took advantage of the booster program to get a Demo Lock, as I think they're enjoyable. But how are they in PvP? I wanna do more than just run around pissing people off with Shivarra's spells.Dæmonika16 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 Glyph of shadow bolt Don't take it ! Just testing on live critters: Your Shadow Bolt hit Bladewing Bloodletter for 456 shadow Your Shadow Bolt hit Bladewing Bloodletter for 456 shadow Your Shadow Bolt hit Bladewing Bloodletter for 913 shadow (critical) Total of 1825 Damage W/O glyph Your Shadow Bolt hit Bladewing Bloodletter for 2739 shadow (critical) total of 2739 damage. U may gain trinket proc but you loose ALOT of dpsUnholyevent18 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 Good ol' haste or mastery question. Hi, which one is better? Im half and half right now and i like it but i dont want to half commit lol, so mastery or haste for pvp?Affriction7 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 16, 2014 Need a name! Hey guys, i'm thinking of making a new character. A human warlock. I already have a list of names picked out, but i dont know which one to choose! help me out? Roxanne Hythonia Kassondra Alice Diana Caroline Melissa I looked to see if they are available. Some of them are, and some of them are taken by inactive characters below level 10. Which one do you like best for a warlock?Kumii5 Apr 16, 2014
Apr 15, 2014 Warlock HP Why do so many warlocks have more HP than me? Even ones with lower ilvl. Is there a spec or talent that is giving almost an additional 100khp?Critlock3 Apr 15, 2014
Apr 15, 2014 Advice on PvE gearing. In the past I have avoided PvE at all costs but I am interested in trying it out before the next xpac. I am in full PvP gear with a 535 ilvl. What is the best way to gear up and what stage of raiding should I start at? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!Imw3 Apr 15, 2014
Apr 15, 2014 Gearing up for PvP - which spec to choose? I just hit 90 on my watlock, and I know the process of gearing. PvP Rares, RBGs Oqueue, blah blah blah.... But what I am asking, is which spec will make me be the least gimped? As Affliction - I die before I get 3 casts off. Wow, splat! Destro - I might get a single rotation in (CoElements --> Immolate --> Incinerate -- > Conflag --> Chaos Bolt) I haven't tried Demo - as its nothing like I remember it in TBC. So basically - what spec will allow me feel like I am not getting completely grinded into the ground?Mcderpderp10 Apr 15, 2014
Apr 15, 2014 Kanrethad HELP! So I found this guide online and it is AMAZING! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cRZpiNBIQA Every time I am doing good though something gets screwed up, either singe magic doesn't take off what I need it too or when I use the Pit Lord to breath fire he turns and I don't get hit. That little !@#$ing imp on my shoulder interrupts a REALLY important spell. I've been at it for 3 days now and spent at least 1k in repairs. I need some help I am running out of gold and I have broken a few things around the house over HOW %^-*ING STUPID BLIZZARD MADE THIS FIGHT!Ryosskiadrum16 Apr 15, 2014
Apr 15, 2014 Is it worth it, fellow Warlocks? I am completely stuck in this dilemma, I have a level 78 Human warlock but suddenly I stopped liking how humans looked in robe clothing, therefore I started an undead warlock and he is already level 38, should I continue leveling the Undead or just go back to the human? The main issue here is the looks, I don't care about the racials. Which would you consider to be the best looking of them?Silently43 Apr 15, 2014
Apr 15, 2014 Warlock Tanking So yeah, Sparkuggz turned our small joke into a large one and actually did it, for those who might not have seen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ieke_rvolY (Tanking Flex Garrosh) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJf2ZfD-Kqc (Tanking Challenge Mode Gold) Ugh. I don't know whether to take this whole concept as something serious now that I've seen it done, or just look the other way and laugh that he actually did it and treat it as a circus attraction.Kuzya3 Apr 15, 2014
Apr 15, 2014 Do warlocks beat any melee 1v1? I know 1v1 doesn't matter. But, do they? Assuming flat ground.Brinz7 Apr 15, 2014
Apr 15, 2014 little question I have a small quetion is what the ROF gives amber?Rohocan3 Apr 15, 2014
Apr 15, 2014 How do I beat a Healer as destro? It seems that any slightly geared healer in bgs is unkillable . They are able to dis-spell and move way to quick for me to kite.Jivanni5 Apr 15, 2014