Warlock

Apr 3, 2014 So I haven't played my lock since WotLK and uh... woah. ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpgAura1 Apr 3, 2014
Apr 3, 2014 LF Heroic 10 MAN Warlock PoV Let me 1st state that i have already cleared 14/14H in 10m im not looking for old videos or kill strats. What im looking for are current videos of top parsing warlocks so i can watch them to learn any tips or tricks so i can try and get better parses. Yes i know that is dumb but it gives me something to do since progression is over. I feel my raid's overall dps is low compared to most but id like to try and get the best numbers possible. so if you know any good warlock twitch or youtube videos let me know =) edit- Looking for Affliction PoV's mostly pleaseHeckadots2 Apr 3, 2014
Apr 3, 2014 Havoc + Chaos Bolt Hey guys, newbie lock here with a question. Now I know that I should only cast Chaos Bolts with large trinket procs, or if i'm close to capping embers, but I was wondering if it's worth casting when a Havoc opportunity presents itself, and I don't have any procs or nowhere near capping embers. For eg. Whenever the big add spawns in the Sha of Pride fight, I usually Havoc the Sha, and Chaos Bolt the add, even when I don't have procs. Is this the right thing to do, or should I hold off until I have some trinkets procs or near to capping embers? Thanks.Iselaine5 Apr 3, 2014
Apr 3, 2014 Soulstone No longer battle rezzes?!? Am I late with figuring this out? wtf... sigh...Soulfrenzy9 Apr 3, 2014
Apr 3, 2014 Challenge Modes I just saw that challenge modes are going to be retired soon, and I was hoping to get my hands on that sweet armor set, so... How would I go about getting it?Zetzana21 Apr 3, 2014
Apr 3, 2014 Help me make solo Warlock I would appreciate your help. I've read a lot about Warlocks and soloing, but I've found a lot of the information to be out of date so I thought I'd ask for help. I'd like to roll a Warlock for PVE soloing/farming. What is the best spec I can go with to get the best survivability and also kill the quickest? What talents should I choose as well? What's the best pet/demon to use while soloing? Thanks for your help!Preatordruid9 Apr 3, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 AMR Why is ask mr. robot saying I should reforge some items to haste instead of to crit if I value crit over haste? I even have crit at 4.5 and haste at 4.2Songfire23 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 Chaos Bolt Before CoE As the title states, does Curse of Elements affect Chaos Bolt AFTER its been casted? I mean Chaos Bolt first then CoE right away. I can't tell if Chaos Bolt is an on-hit damage cause I haven't been on to test it, so does that mean the damage increases with this spell order? Or CoE then CB for it to take effect?Atulos4 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 Green fire question(s) I was just curious about a couple things: For someone not insanely skilled, but decent is it even possible? Des it get any easier with gear or is i scaled to you? Ad finally do they have plans to remove it, leave it r maybe scale it up to lvl 100? Sorry wont let me post on my warlock, but yeah help would be nice ThanksZydo4 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 My Opinion It has come to my attention that the bloody Warlocks not only have the ability to have a crap ton of health but also they get the stuns, the spell locks, the CC's AND the heals. I didn't mind most of it but when they got even MORE heals........Just not fair for the rest of us players. I literally saw one soloing the Warlords. They rock at PvP because we can't kill them unless we gank them. If anyone else agrees' this is slightly unfair. Please like and/or comment and if you feel like you disagree please leave a comment explaining why. Thank you.Boofearme40 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 Chaos Bolt needs to be bigger It's not big enough Kanrethad has it rightRegimen9 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 Affliction thoughts I think affliction should have havoc like destro with haunt taking up2- 3 charges but all other single target damage spells taking up only one would be nice if for the drain soul shard generation alone.Deroy7 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 What problem was solved by Burning Rush nerf? What problem was solved by nerfing stacking Burning Rush and Nitro Boosts? The patch notes only mention Worgen nerf yet it affected all races and classes (though Monk was recently fixed). I can't think of any exploits or unfairness due to them stacking, even in PVP. It's not like you can pop Nitro Boosts while carrying the flag or anything meaningful. This seems like a direct nerf to fun while fixing a non-existant problem. Am I wrong? Was there some problem/exploit that I'm just not aware of?Ralwock15 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 Did we get stealth nerfed? I feel like I'm doing less DPS than I did a few days ago... or am I imagining things?Melithiria26 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 Destro twink Hi guys lemme say triple destro owns or double destro ele done some games where 2 enemy get globaled at start and last one gets globaled like 4 secs later more or less. Now my main point is does anyone know if lvl 70 destro owns for twinking in arenas :DLumbridge1 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 Strictly Speaking Demonic PvP What are the go to talents and glyphs you guys use, why, and how successful are they and which ones do you leave alone or use in limited situations.Deroy7 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 Advice for gems - Destro lock (PVP) How is everyone gemming this patch? I've read Noxxic and such, and I've seen some people follow what is posted, and some go off and do their own thing. What do you all feel works best? I've MAINLY been gemming mastery, then intellect and pvp power.Sowen3 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 2, 2014 A thank you to Blizzard for the MoP changes Good morning all, I thought that, since I have extra time before the morning seminars begin, I'd write a small thank you Blizzard for the recent alterations to Warlock play. First, above all, bringing back sacrifice, implementing SEVEN new demons, and allowing for close dps between spec changes (~<5% diff) has allowed for unprecedented customization in warlock play. Second, the introduction of fel fire as a trial of one's skill stole my heart. Last, but not least, I am enchanted by the approximately even dps between the specs as well as the hot new tiers. Everything the developers have changed in warlocks is excellent, above and beyond expectations. Before I elaborate, I will start by telling a small bit about myself. I am a senior in college with high marks, and I am not a hardcore WoW player. Over the years, I've tended to drop the game (only to pick it back up later), and quickly recover to become a high dps machine. I've been parts of old-school server firsts. Previously I was a dedicated warrior in '04-7. Thanks to keen development of the system over the years, I was able to literally level a warlock from 1-70, enter a Sunwell raid, and clear with my guild up to KJ, while showing up most of my guildies in max gear. Ah, the glory days. Presently, I am more than satisfied with the changes. I find that switching between GoSupremacy + Observer, Glyph of Demon Training + Fel Imp, GoSac, Affliction, or even Demonology yields few differences in dps. Additionally, when I first leveled to 90, I was affraid that I would not be able to compete with other warlocks and that I would never acquire fel fire, particularly because of the forum flaming regarding the difficulty of gaining the Flames of Xerrath. However, I managed to own Kan'rethad with 490 ilvl gear; now I push 150k dps with 520 ilvl using shiny, green, smexy flames. (In your face nooby, trolling, It's-too-hard-for-me warlocks!!) Instead of discarding the old for the new, Blizzard has enhanced the old. Rather than confusing and ousting long-timers, Blizzard encourages their return and offers incentives to continue. I adore the changes, and my playstyle is more customizable than ever. Because of the efforts of developers, I am able to push my playstyle to the limit and REALLY enjoy warlock for the first time ever. I hope all of the warlock community is having a similar experience, particularly those who love warlock as much as I do and sincerely appreciate the attention locks have received this xpac. Thank you again, Blizzard, ZarkhuulZarkhuul3 Apr 2, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 A few warlock questions! I'm a bit new to warlock, but not new to the game. I have found that warlock fits everything that I want in a class and even when it comes to moving into WoD. I've played a DK for the longest time and now since I moved over to the warlock I've found that the DK class easily spoils people when they play it. So now I have a few questions to ask you fellow warlock and for those who look thank you for your time. 1. I'm a demonologist even though I know destro puts out easier and more dps. That a side, which demon should I be using. With demon training I have found that the fel imp does more dps on the 85 target dummy, but is there something I am missing with the wrathguard that makes it do more? 2. So far I've been using shadow bolt to build demonic fury, and molten core as it procs. Though when I shift demon form I always spam touch of choas and never use molten core procs. I found that it is easier and possibly does more dps. Is there a reason I should be casting soul fire (with molten core procs) in demon form over touch of choas? Also I am keeping dots up as considered. 3. With my normal play style I have been casting pretty much all my cool downs (Orc racial, imp swarm, dark soul and meta) at once. Should I be using dark soul and imp swarm on cool down and maybe save one dark soul (due to archimonde) for only meta?Gornurul2 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 Aff VS Warriors help? Ok so i feel im a fairly good lock, in 3's i keep fears and dots up and peel people off whoever is being focused and in 1vs1 i win around 85-90% of the fights, but im having real trouble with warriors, i mean 6/10 l beat them but it feels like theres zero room for mistakes even against the ones who arent really good or im done, occasionally theres warriors that i just cant beat and ill accept that when they just completely destroy me because their are just plain and simple better then me, but when i face one and get them to around 80k and i just cant break through their second wind while being tunnelled, what can i do to beat these warriors? Kite more? Spam haunt? It just really frustrates me how i cant get past their second wind while they do insane damage on me at the same time.Lagrangersgo4 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 Fel Flame Does it serve a purpose in Destro PvP? Do you use it all? What for? I barely noticed it generates embers.Arkralai23 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 Warlock tanking confirmed for WoD. Guess I'll eat my words http://tinyurl.com/nc4rcjrRecklessfear3 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 Minion texture updates? I'm just a noob warlock, so please forgive the query, but Will vanilla demons receive any kind of visual upgrade in the future? Compared to the Supremacy minions they're a bit...uh, dated and people who select service are a bit out of luck. Hunters have a similar issue, but they at least have new beasts every expansion with new skins and sounds. Will Warlocks ever get something similar? Maybe even minor glyphs to alter the appearances of pets, like the voidwalker becoming a void-caller with the wrappings and the dimly naaru-looking construct behind it.Omedus9 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 destro warlock vs in pvp who does a really well played well geared warlock have the most trouble with 1v1? it doesn't seem like cobrak has made any dueling videos recently. if i understand correctly a destro warlock will struggle with good rogues and mages firstly and then secondarily with warriors and uh dks. destro does well vs feral, boomkins, enhance, ele, hunters, shadow, and ret… yes? how does destro do vs ww monks? ww monks see "sort of" the kings of 1v1… but i thought that a good destro might beat them?Taßoo17 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 So, I feel like a complete idiot "You can do Kanrethad in 3 min lol, he's a joke, they should just make green fire a glyph" Yeah well, in gear well above what was called for when the quest came out I still can't do it. I swear it is so demoralizing when I see people in 491 gear calling it easy that I think about shelving the lock. You people who did this when it was current are freaking gods or something.Imogine41 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 MMO-Champion 6.0 Patch Notes ... This was beautiful. I love a good T3 throwback. Link: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3874-Warlords-of-Draenor-6-0-Patch-Note-Preview?Annoroth5 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 New Warlock WOD changes. ... http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/Pecc8 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 Change to Grimoire of Sacrifice? After the restarts today have any other locks had Grimoire of Sacrifice not give the bonus to max health?Dangle5 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 Leveling as Demonology >_> Greetings! I've decided to level a second Warlock to help my guild a bit with experience, and I decided to go Demonology. First question I have is, when I read the Metamorphosis tool tip it said Metamorphosis Temporarily transform into a demon, increasing damage dealt by 24.00%. Metamorphosis prevents the use of Corruption and Hand of Gul'dan. It is true I cannot use Hand of Gul'dan, but I am able to use Corruption. Second, what is the best set of spells to use while leveling / dungeoning? Currently I just use Meta, Shadowbolt and Corruption. I'm not sure if I should be using HoG or not since I can't use it during Meta =( Any tips are appreciated. Demonology is the only spec I have not played on my main Warlock >_<Aerindae4 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 Dark Intent and Grimoire of Sacirfice Every time in enter into a battleground both of these get reset,and this also happens every time I die in a bg does anyone know why?Its very annoying to have to keep resting this every time I die thanksCaloot2 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 PvE warlock easy and good dps Hi Im just looking for some opinions on which spec i should suggest to my GF for some raiding. right now she is Destro with a 531 ilvl and is doing around 80k DPS. from my readings the destro rotation is one of the more complex rotations out there. I mean in no way to insult my GF but she is not a hardcore gamer. we have jobs and kids and she is lucky to get to play a couple hours a day. I am looking for advice on a spec that is a bit more simple as far as rotation goes that will allow her to be competitive in DPS. Our guild is starting FLEX runs and we ant everyone to be pushing at least 100k dps. I know she can do it with her current gear but i think keeping track of procs and such in her rotation is hindering her from maximizing the potential of destruction. so i guess my question is.. Demo or affliction for decent faceroll DPS?Matthebrute15 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 Green Fire Woes I had him. Green fire was mine. I was in the execute phase, wearing him out. I was getting excited. My heart was racing. I was having fun. He went to summon the second execute phase imps and BAM someone my enslavement gets dispelled. Everything came at me. I could not reenslave before everything wore me out. I had reenslaved when the first doom lord came out. I had time on my timer. It didn't matter. I was so disappointed. Anyway, that is all. Just a little commiserating.Morphean15 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 Chaos Bolt is the reason my chaos bolt is hitting for so little (less than incinerate) because I have so little gear? Biggest hit so far has been 37k. Seems a bit low.Goldyloc21 Apr 1, 2014
Apr 1, 2014 5.4 Destruction Haste Breakpoints. Trying to figure out something here. The haste breakpoint for two extra ticks of Immolate is 10124, right? So my question is. Do I need to reach 10124 self buffed, or can I be under that but get a spore bat/boomkin/spriest buff, and still reach that breakpoint?Draclonis49 Apr 1, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 Problems you gotta fix - Urgent Tchadoom1 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 Which trinkets to use? Today while raiding I got Frenzied Crystal of Rage (553). I already have Purified Bindings of Immerseus and Kardris' Toxic Totem (both 540). Would it be better for me to continue using both flex trinkets as my research has suggested, or should I switch one of them out? I am running currently as destro. Thanks for any advice.Ilikecake15 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 Nibbleh (Brawlers) vs. Destruction Is it even possible? http://www.wowhead.com/npc=70656Heckran11 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 Is Vision of Time cinematic, broken? I just made a trip to the Caverns of Time and it gave me a short clip of a giant dragon taking a nap...O.o The last two or three clips were just as revealing.... :/ wtf?Bonehead2 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 Questions (pvp/pve) I'm starting a new toon on a new server and I would like to get into PvP more often but first start doing BGs. I'm assuming Demo is for leveling+dungeons since they have some AoEs?. When does Destro become a good PvP spec for BG, or would Affliction be the best for BG until 90? Are Warlocks good at PvP and PvE?. I stopped playing WoW for a year and my Warlock wasn't geared that great and completely forget how to use him. I'll be making him an Undead this time instead of a Gnome. Off-topic; For PvP what would be a good class for a beginner like me? (DPS)Njdevils5 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 Codex of Xerrath question How long did it take for you to get this item in the Isle of Thunder? I've been there about 6 hours so far and not gotten it yet. Any group of mobs more likely to drop it? I've only killed like 4 rares, should I be hunting them more? Any help would be appreciated, just want to know how long I'll have to farm for this. Thank youJehanne16 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 What are warlocks thoughts on The gateway nonsense? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12330573170?page=1 Trying to get a different PoVSongfire7 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 Kanrethad help/Macros Hey all! Currently doing Kanrethad on my warlock (And loving it!!!) and while I'm fairly down pat with most of the fight, I've been having trouble with purple circles spawning, and sucking me into them, does anybody know where these come from/how to avoid them? Also, is it possible to make a macro to use "Demonic Circle: Teleport", then cast "Demonic Circle: Summon a second or so later?"Snofs5 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 It would be nice... It would be nice to be able to transform into the Timeless Isle Pink Skeleton guy, Doctor Krastinov, a Pirate, any shape from a Halloween Wand, etc without fear of losing it due to using Metamorphosis. I think the only shape that I've discovered that I could retain is Professor Slate. If I can retain after Professor Slate, then why can't Blizz make it all the same way? I have all these goodies in my bag and can never use it. If I use it, it's only for like a minute or so, then metamorphosis just breaks it. Makes me sad.Nessitha1 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 Destro 1v1 Frost Mage plz halp This is my hardest fight by far. Even with my felpup. Even with all my CDs up. Dem CCs. Dem kites. Dem crits. My usual playstyle against any class with a pet is to run between the pet and the master, HoT, and banish the pet if applicable. I can't catch a frost mage. They kite me and blink away. I try to fear? Silenced. Wasting Resolve to do this means my Chaos Bolts will never, ever get off unless I can stun them with shadowfury while their blink is on CD. If the stars align and I can actually fire off my Mega Burst they iceblock and laugh in my stupid, stupid face. Never mind their stun(s). Being entirely frozen as the mage plus his five little copies blow me up is entirely horrible. Only I can do that sort of thing to people, what the heck! One of my favorite censer partners on da Timeless is a frost mage. His burst and CC is entirely enviable. My issue is that both of us have no problem attacking the other if one is uncensered. This would be all fun and games except he always wins. I can't even run away because of his damn snares. It's awful and I cry every time. Please help me. A mage made fun of me because "locks eat mages" but this is an uphill battle every time. I know the game isn't based on 1v1 but am I really guaranteed to lose every time to these icicle-tossing monsters?Etienne22 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 Stop making guides We have a destro, afflic, demo, and pvp guide. My "forum guide" was just to thank the frequent posters under disguise. Now I feel like everyone wants to make their own guide....stopSongfire16 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 I know its low level BG but.. Coming back from 2 year off. My *Full heirloom warlock does best at 400 dmg (tops) in any spec. Does this continue at 90. Or did I just pick the wrong class?Dunkypuncher8 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 If I could redesign Affliction This thread is just for fun. I used to really enjoy playing affliction back in BC and WotLK, but not so much in MoP, so I wanted to imagine what I would do to make the spec fun again. Soul Shards - Soulburn: Soul Swap and Soulburn: Seed of Corruption removed. - Soul Shard cost removed from Haunt. Haunt given a cooldown and mana cost. Haunt no longer increases DoT damage. Healing mechanic returned, and Haunt deals damage a second time when leaving the target. - Nightfall no longer only procs from your most recent corruption. Nightfall now resets the cooldown of Haunt, makes your next Haunt instant cast, and gives you a Soul Shard. DoTs - Malefic Grasp damage increased. Malefic Grasp no longer causes extra ticks, but increases the damage of your DoTs on the target by 50% while it is channeled, and is the only DoT throttle. - DoT damage boosted significantly, especially Corruption. Corruption is the strongest DoT, Unstable Affliction the second strongest, and Agony the weakest. - Corruption and Unstable Affliction once again tick every 3 seconds, rather than every 2. - Agony is automatically applied by other curses. Miscellaneous - Dark Soul: Misery removed. - Eradication: Your Corruption ticks have a 6% chance to increase your spell casting speed by 20% for 10 sec. - Siphon Life: Your Corruption spell heals you for 3% of your maximum health when it causes damage. - Glyph of Subtlety works in combat. - Soulburn: Summon Demon no longer puts a cooldown on using Summon Demon without Soulburn.Coilz6 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 Grimoire of Sacrifice + Soul Link Soul link gives a 20% damage absorbed to your current demon AND 3% damage converted to healing, and it works like that. But, my question here is, what happens if you use it with grimoire of sacrifice? Grimorie gives you a 2% max health every 5 secs and turns the 20% damage absorb into 20% maximum health, but what happens with the 3% damage convert, is it still working? Or the fact that you use grimoire with Soul link just changes all the talent into 20% max health? I don't really understand if I'm receiving the 2% max health every 5 seconds AND the 3% damage to life, or just the 2% max health. Thanks ^^Alexane9 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 Stubborness > Gear (greenfire) Not giving up, is more important than gear/skill in this fight. Got my green fire today, not cuz I'm good, but becuz I didn't give up. I know that somebody, (most) will say I out gear this fight by a bunch. Maybe that's true, but my dps on my kill was much lower than some off my earlier attempts. Got it today, cuz I changed my attitude, and wasn't tired from work. I also used this fight to update/declutter my UI. Before today it was always the mechanics, and not being able to keep track of everything that was going on, and not a dps problem. So today I was rested, and had a new strat that I was going to try. My problem before was not keeping the Dot's off me well enough. 1st attempt I tried standing in front of the boss, and using Pit Lord's breath to clear Dot's. Didn't work so well when imps came out, couldn't see them. Died! 2nd attempt, stood behind Pit Lord for Imps, RoF, no problem. Fel Pups, killed two, last one ate Pit Lord enslave. Got him back, killed Puppy. Doom Lord out, no problem. Kara died while imps after 1st Doom Lord were being summoned. WTF, was my first thought. So many attempts, so many failures, and today. 2nd attempt, killed him. Once you get something it seems ez, so if you are still having problems, take a break, settle down, and work your strat, it is doable. Even by a not so epeen player like myself. Kill dps was only 115K, biggest CB only 1.4M. Everyone is right, it's not the dps! Sorry for posting on this topic, Again! Just trying to encourage ppl still working on this quest.Xiaren2 Mar 31, 2014
Mar 31, 2014 about warlock's green fire upon completed my dreadsteed's fire also turned green BUT! why is his blazing trail isn't? if the dreadsteed's fire is green shouldn't its blazing trail also be green?Mugën5 Mar 31, 2014