Warlock

Sep 11, 2013 Service now double dips soul link. And it awesome.Darethy4 Sep 11, 2013
Sep 11, 2013 Are we all moving 90 talent... to AD? or does KJC still outperform the other 2?... pveGumberculeez4 Sep 11, 2013
Sep 11, 2013 5.4 Affliction for PVP? ^Plaguemouth10 Sep 11, 2013
Sep 11, 2013 Leveling spec Which would it be now? Affliction as I understand would be out due to it requiring ramp up on everything, but demo v. Destro? Which is faster? I'm going to try to max out a warlock this week and get the legendary quests caught up ASAP... -REASONS FOR A WARLOCK Hunters feel way too nerfed and warlocks are a better/much more fun class to play(I only know this because I had one on a different server but due to anger deleted her) I want a tank pet that can actually tank and dosen't die because someone hit it I want to have a class that is great at raiding and doesn't have to worry about pets sometimes I want to be able to go pet-less one week and dual pet the next -Stampede is shiz now :/Dawndragoon6 Sep 11, 2013
Sep 11, 2013 Feldrake How come we cant mount the Feldrake on Timeless Isles?Complacive5 Sep 11, 2013
Sep 11, 2013 Drain life seems pretty legit... I have 462k (554k with sac pact boost) HP in terribad gear. Glyphed with Harvest Life talent: 6 ticks 33k = 200k healed (240k with sac pact boost) Glyphed with Harvest Life talent and Soulburned: 6k ticks of 50k = 300k healed (360k with sac pact boost) Considering this can be spammed... Nerf incoming?Feel4 Sep 11, 2013
Sep 11, 2013 Fire from glyph of nightmares is still red. Come on blizz.Recklessfear10 Sep 11, 2013
Sep 11, 2013 Voidlord's survivability with the new... soul link? Is it still good? Has it been heavily nerfed?Jocelle12 Sep 11, 2013
Sep 11, 2013 Was the Demo Dark Soul change a buff or no? I can't tell. Haven't been able to test my burst on anyone yet. I heard it was going to be a buff, but the way it's worded makes me worry. Even so, with Arch's Darkness it seems like the burst will be more constant, which I like.Daelandor2 Sep 11, 2013
Sep 11, 2013 DoT damage not buffed? I have noticed on my dot tool tip that agony UA and Corruption are doing the same damage as they did pre patch. i dont know if the supposed buff to each dot is calculating properly. anyone else notice this. Also haunt is still doing a 45% increase to dots as opposed to the 40 % listed.Ricksantorum10 Sep 11, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Grimoire: Why Sacrifice over Supremacy (Aff) It seems as though this seems more of a PvE talent than anything am I wrong? Leveling, dungeons, like that. I don't see this talent being used over Supremacy in any PvP situation. Am I right or wrong?Ctee22 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 This will not do at all Blizzard! This is a gross oversight in the mechanics of all Warlocks everywhere. My Felsteed and Dreadsteed now reflect the fel fire I earned so long ago. This is good. HOWEVER, using my Glyph of Nightmares, the trail of flames is still red! I demand that whomever you had in charge of this be flogged in front of the Orc statue at Blizz HQ IMMEDIATELY or will cancel my subscription, punch a small child and move all the '50 Shades of Grey' novels to the nonfiction section of the public libraries.Trottel3 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Greenfire completed in 5.3 should be a FOS!!! For us select warlocks that beat our heads on the keyboard for a few hours...if not days completing under 500 ilvl/5.3 for our greenfire quest should be given a Feat of Strength. Unless the fight scales now, it will be a joke with 550 ilvl on an average player.Goldenvar11 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Pros and Cons with destruction Warlock? Hey Guys, I feel pretty conflicted about what class to play. I originally wanted to roll a fire mage because it seemed like a fun class/spec to play because you toast the s*** out of people and incinerate them into the ground, but a lot of people are telling me that fire mages kinda blow and are pretty gimp for the most part besides a few rare exceptions. People have told me that if I want to play a fun caster class that specializes in fire magic I should role a Warlock and spec destruction because they have great damage and also overall good survivability(better then mages). And that I will also be more viable in arena as a warlock when I get to 90. I know people will say why don't you play both and see which one you like better, but 1) I know at 90 the game is definitely different then it is at lower levels and 2) I hate leveling more then anything and it's agonizing for me even though I played in Vanilla(stopped in 2007 after BC came out) and leveling goes by quicker now but it still sucks. The only time I enjoyed leveling was with my first ever level 60 way back in the day during vanilla. After that it became a complete drag and seemed more like a chore then paying a game for fun. So I trust your guys opinion to point me in the right direction by trying to break down the Fire Mage vs. Destruction Warlock in terms of play style and effectiveness in the area of PvP(don't like PvE). I like casters so what I'm looking for is a fun caster class that deals good damage, overall competent/proficient against all or most classes, pretty mobile and also good utility/CC. If you could give me pros and cons of both that would help A LOT. what advantages to Destructo Locks have? What advantages to mages have? Are destruction Warlocks generally more powerful and dangerous then fire mages? Thanks in advance guys.Everos2 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 5.4 Destro Stat Priority (Gems/Reforges/Gear) Hey all -- First time poster. While it largely seems smartest to spec Demo for 5.4, I've only recently got into the ~*real swing*~ of Destro and am loving it. That may change once I log in and toy around, but, for curiosity's sake: a) how much slower is it to gen Embers now that RoF has taken a beating? b) is stacking mastery the way to go still? My ilvl is 530 or so and I am generally/currently reforging: Hit -> Haste Crit -> Mastery So that my mastery sits at about 105% buffed. I'm not currently gemming full mastery in incorrect gem slots as I've seen some Warlocks do. Any insight would be much appreciated, as I'm not only new to the class but comparatively to the game in its entirety. Thanks in adv.Coéd6 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 5.4 Fel Flame vs Shadow Bolt Does anyone have some information about this for PvP? I'm sure it doesn't matter whether it's PvE or PvP, but still, there could always be something I'm missing. Which one does more DPS? I want proof. I want videos or something. Help would be appreciated.Soliouss13 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Green pony tomorrow? ^Immolatus16 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 5.4 PvP? Greetings all, I'm in the process of levelling a lock with the intentions of pursuing PvP this upcoming season. I'm wondering which spec will be predominantly used for RBG's and/or arenas and why? I would prefer responses from 1800+ Warlocks but all input is appreciated. ~HHbomb4 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Demo Unlimited Soul Fire Im not sure if its a glitch or not but are there anybody else getting unlimited amounts to cast soul fire? I was testing things out on a dummy and it was giving me unlimited amounts to cast soulfireNymbus8 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Getting green fire alot harder this patch? Gate no longer dropping threat and not being able to case everything on the move? How much harder will these make the fight?Ralltos4 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Soul Link changes Anyone else notice that the new patch makes AOE'ing large groups of mobs while leveling quite a bit more difficult? I think it is because the damage is no longer shared equally with my pet, so I have to channel health funnel just to keep him up.. or pull half as many mobs. Then again, I'm only an hour in, so I may have just not figured out how to adjust to compensate for the change yet.Mccoughtry2 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 I HAVE FINALLY DONE IT. Day 5. After 153 wipes I finally got my green fire. I'm still shaking, everything went perfect even though I was panicking and couldn't even put my rain of fire in the right spot. Kalrenthad finally succumbed to me. I AM GREEN! :) Okay, I know everyone does it, but I feel like I've actually accomplished something in this game and I've never been happier playing it before until today. I'm so stoked I got my green fire, I don't care 90% of the warlocks have it. I am green and that's all that matters. I'd like to thank Ersina (I think that's the name), his guide helped me a ton. Thanks man, keep up the good work on the Warlock community. <3Griselle32 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Green Fire help? :) Hello Everyone! I'm sure you are all giddy about this questline. And what it gives us in 5.4! Bummer though i wont be able to play till later. (!@#$ing college till 6. wont get home till 7 ) Anyway, before i rabble on. I'd like to provide a guide on how i did the warlock questline. (I seriously hope they don't nerf this.. Cuz I lost a good 14k gold on the fight. ) This is how i did it i'm not saying it's right or wrong but here's what i did. I'll explain something before i do this. Purification Potion: Remember your curse of doom? He has one too, ten times worse. Keep this close do not use it to early in the fight. Macros: Annoying but saved my butt alot. Demonic Circle: DO NOT FREAKING ABSORB HIS CHAOS BOLTS!!! It annoys me when people say " ya it's easy do dis " well, some people don't like absorbing when he's smacking you around and if you remember some of the talents we have needs a sacrifice meaning our health. Do not absorb. Demonic Gateway : Whatever, portal idc. Make sure you have this up so you can be able to drop the aggro as much as possible. Only use it around the second time around with the demons. SOULSHATTER: Your friend. Your best total friend who will save you. Drops aggro if your close to him Healthstones: Silly but yes, healthstones. Use em. To begin... The fight itself once you know how to do something or when to do it. It really was not that hard after i picked it up. Basically to start when you walk into Illidan's old room (Still cool %^- music. ) You put your demonic portal from where you would walk in and put the second one across to behind a pillar. That's how i began. I went over behind the pillar and dropped my circle down. You will need I think it was two different macros for this fight it'll make the fight a ton easier. REMEMEBER TOO (You need to be FAST ) When hitting the keys. Here's one of the macro's i used. /target Kanrethad /pet attack (I think that's what it was. ) I will explain why in a second. You need to use the Book of Sacrifice for this fight. (Or tome. Idk my brain hurts now. ) And sacrifice the imp. (Bye ugly impy!) Once you sacrifice the imp you put the once sexy health bonus buff and 5% spell haste on and begin the fight. Kanrethad will walk out talking about world domination (yada yada yada ) After he is done talking and goes " I'd like to see you try... " BURN. Use every single thing you can use. I popped all my cd's and got him to about 85% this is where he will come out with a wannabe Mannaroth. Another macro you'll DESPERATELY Need is this one. /target Pit Lord /cast Enslave Demon Your character will enslave it and that's where the fight will really begin.. Now, If you're a total klutz like me and have ADHD you will have to turn off guild chat or any whispers because you will be distracted (Trust me i know. ) Put the pit lord on passive and have him attack the boss. (Why passive? You'll see. ) DODGE the Rain of Fire's and make sure you have Kil'jaeden's Wrath on you (No more slows from what i saw in 5.4. Lucky bastards. ) Make sure you have your Command pet on your bar so you can burn the spells he puts on you and if you DESERPATELY need it use the one on our tree talent. Now, For Seed of Destruction, make sure you are able to cleanse. Otherwise you'll get thrown back or have an annoying imp that slaps you around. (Quite annoying but.. ) If you need to suffer through the Imp do so. (really do so. ) ((This is called the Burn technique. )) This technique is where i did not use the pit lord's breathe on anything but the imps. If you look into the Wowhead.com you'll see a buff/deubff he puts on himself which lastsw for a few minutes. You want to keep that on him. When he summons the imp's make sure you keep an eye on the Boss(Set the bastard on focus) and stay near your demonic circle (just..trust me. ) Now ok, yall have seen people who absorb the abilities with those sacrifice abilities and such (really bad idea. I've done it. Wiped a ton. ) Due to the fact he'll be slapping you around when the absorbs take your health. Now when the imp's are up, turn the Pit Lord on the Imp's and have him burn them down with his breathe and cleave to death, make sure you have your Rain of Fire down on them too. (Patch will sux cuz of Rain of fire) but try. When the Imp's are down, and after hitting him for a bit he will use the move cataclysm. (yes! Deathwing move! ) Use the Pitlord's charge. (ASAP OR YOU GO BOOM!!!!!!!) He will then summon *shakes, cries* The felhunters. Now if you warlocks know the Felhunters are magic consumers, they eat magic based stuff like cupcakes. They will eat your dark intent and enslave demon. ***REMEMBER*** While summoning the Fel hunters dont sit there and twiddle your thumbs, move your pit lord over behind the pillar where you put your demonic circle down. This is what i did with them on the first go. Use Soul shatter so Kanrethad will be going after the Pit Lord instead. Kill the Fel hunter's boom. Done. *CATACLYSM* Next Phase is the Doom Lord. Put the Pit Lord on that add so he can tank it, keep making sure you can use your Chaos bolt a ton. Faster he goes down the better. *Cataclysm* Now, he will do the phases over again the second Imp phase do exactly like the first. Keep AOEing from Pitlord and burning the little squirts down. Fel Hunter phase this one will be quite different. Since the Enslave Demon decides to quit on you, you'd have to deal with the Fel Hunters and the Pit lord and the Doom Lord (Fun) Use the Enslave demon macro and put it right back on the Doom Lord and boss. ((Keep it close though, If this is done correctly and the Pitlord is right back on the boss and you have all 3 Fel hunters. Soulshatter again and only the Hunters should be on you. Burn them down and he will do a final cataclysm. Interupt and he will summon a Doomlord again and just throw your pit lord on it. He'll tank both doomlords and boss. ((PURIFICATION POTION)) After a certain point Kanrethad stops summoning all those demons and just summons the imps. Focus Kanrethad and your done. Enjoy your green horsies whoever finished this. <3Necromancér1 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 glyph of felguard cant use sulfras well warlocks who made it had a reason to use it for a while... blizzard taketh awayVellektra0 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Been MIA for most of ToT, 5.4 specs? I've been out of the game for a few months now and now that I am coming back it's patch time. I've read through most of the changes locks are getting for 5.4 and my question is what spec looks like its going to be best?Kraosis0 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Affl nerf or buff? I made my lock for Dots, its the only spec I play on my lock and enjoy, reading the patch notes i really cant tell if this is a buff or nerf, seems like a buff but maybe a small one at that, but maybe others can expand on the patch for afflictionTikes5 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Raid Lost Our %5 Spell Haste... So our ele shaman decided to quit raiding with us due to her not being able to see any of the animations on the floor the last few bosses in ToT are using. She'd die 80% of the time on Durumu, and she quit after Primordius because she couldn't see the pools. Now the main reason for this topic is, what are the spell haste breakpoints WITHOUT the 5% spell haste? I noticed a small dip in dps, not that major atm since we're more worried about the people in our raid group still pulling less than tanks.... Anywho.. Would it benefit me more to stick with my current haste? Or do I need to find the haste breakpoints without the 5% haste and reforge/regem. ~GenobeeGenobee13 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 5.4 Affliction and GoSac? I'm just wondering if an Affliction warlock specced GoSac will be viable in 5.4? I'd love to make another warlock, especially with the buffs to warlock's and their gaining health spells stuff, but I don't really like pets. Ha. So if Affliction and GoSac are at least somewhat viable, I'll be happy. But if the pairing isn't meant to be, I'd also be happy knowing that now rather than later. Thanks for any replies!Sohl21 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Why nerf fel flame? What was wrong with it? more importantly what is the point of it next patch? what good will it even DO?Vorithal36 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 why not make affliction like demo and destro? Dps to gain shards instead of counting on RNG to proc nightfall Have shards slowly fill up for every dot tick and u can even add nightfall for that chance to get even more shards while you slowly build them up inb4 YOU'RE AN IDIOT BECAUSE THIS IS A BAD IDEA instead of people throwing out idea's or even modding my idea to a more balanced oneJéss15 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 T14 set bonus change: worthless? Wow.. I've been hanging on to my T14 4P normal since I only have 3 LFR T15 tokens, but now I am reading in the patch notes that T14 4p set bonus reduces the cooldown on Unending Resolve by 20 seconds. Is that pretty worthless now, or what? It sounds like I shouldn't worry about losing my 4P set bonus anymore. For that matter I have i516 Jin'yu gloves and legs I could equip, instead of using 2p T15 LFR. Why did they do this? To force stragglers out of their T14?Nitromethane15 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Halp I've been having these dark thoughts lately. I see visions of demons and of green fire. The surreal beauty of dark magic fills my every waking moment. ...I've Doing dark deeds. Healing away in a dungeon, then I would just... fail to heal a hunter, giggle as their pet dies. Or in general play the "how low can you go game." I no longer have a passion to heal, rather... I want to destroy. Can you help me?Megglemay40 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Considering a switch. I understand I could probably find most of the answers on my own; however I'm hoping for multiple answers on the things on my mind regarding locks and level 90. Questions are bolded, everything else is just exposition for where I'm coming from. I suppose we start with: 1) Demonology. Awesome enough for a bit of PvP and PvE, or do you guys find it lacking? Most of my own PvP lock experience was way back when he was ~40 and I dominated due to fear, and most of my PvE was when I locked him at level 70 to enjoy my time in Outland and queued for Heroics. Currently, I haven't done many dungeons, but the ones I've been in I simply dominated the other DPS; despite not playing much of either Pandaria or Cataclysm myself. 2) Soloing old content - what difficulty would you rate it at? 1 being Blood DK, 10 being level appropriate. I'm mainly asking in terms of actual difficulty, the time it takes is irrelevant. I solo a fair chunk on my DK and Monk as it is, but a lot of lock tier is awesome and I only have half the 70s gear; and the gear for 80 was pretty much just as awesome. As I said, barely played Cata, so I'm not all that interested in anything really beyond ICC just yet. 3) Guild and Raid desirability - if I were to advertise myself as a pugger, or look for a new guild, would I have good chances? I've never been a hardcore player, simply a responsible player. (Any Horde casual guilds recruiting? ;) ) 4) Gearwise - do you believe it might be more difficult to catch up as a fresh 90 to start raiding/PvPing? I understand Timeless Isles will definitely help, I also have all professions at my disposal, so things like enchants and gems won't be too much trouble. I'm pretty much just tired of playing hybrid classes. Usually I play a tank, and I do enjoy tanking, but I think it's time to hang the role, and Warlock would definitely be my #1 choice after tanking. Thanks for your time :)Syronic2 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Chaos Wave in 5.4... Just saw a video of a DUEL where a demo lock used chaos wave with trinkets+DS and crit the other guy for 442k. Yep i said it, 442K! I guess blizzard liked warlocks being able to 2 shot people with 2 globals and brought it back. Oh what fun this will be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN6L1QLqF4k 3:19 for the exact momentZasharoo41 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 So... I know come tomorrow destro is gutted and affliction is looking like top spec. But will this only be for people with high ilvl or will the changes make it highest all around for all ilvl's (more or less my ilvl?) Didn't play ptr sorry :(Fritoss7 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Haste and dots I was wondering how haste procs function with dots. Looking at the dots on the target frame, when I get a haste proc the dot dynamically updates the time between ticks, but I have read elsewhere that dots function as snapshots of haste when cast. Can someone clarify this for me? ThanksDemic4 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Corruption as Demon-lock looking for some advise into the corruption dot in demo spec. I was reviewing my recount and its very last in damage (#8 to be exact). If soo little damage is resulted from corruption, why bother keeping it a priority... Can you increase damage of corruption? -ThanksJumah4 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Help my friends dps? She can only seem to pull just barely 90k on bosses when she should be doing way more with her item level. She knows shes missing jade spirit. Have no easy way to get it and she doesnt wanna spend 3k for it. Forgot about the pvp cloak. Shes trying to replace asap. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hyjal/Merlanda/simpleMineforever6 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Quick Gear Question?.... I have Jinyu Seer's Sandals of the Fireflash.... but I recently got Sandals of Arcane Fury (with yellow gem slot) ....should I got for the slot gear that's a lil lower in item level or stick with the Seer's that claims to do random buffs? Thanks. Also, what's up with all the Fireflash, Feverflash, etc gear? ...are they any good? I mean they say it gives random buffs but I dont recall it ever doin that...????Bonehead2 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Green Fire Hall of Fame 2 The original thread said it was full. This is a continuation of that thread. Post your feat below! July 2 2013! ilvl 495! Using the drop agro method with this ilvl makes this fight a cake walk. I did have to wrestle green fire from a dead Kanrethad however. Had to kite around and kill 2 doomlords and a handful of imps that were not insta killed when Kan went down. EITHER WAY ITS AWESOME!Wargangsta221 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Is warlock the most complex dps? I hear that demonology is the most complex spec. Let's say you have a friend who is a feral druid and you out dps him on your demonology warlock. He says "your spec is just easier to play." How would you react?Slachtbeest38 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Please revert Harvest Life change There might have been a million threads about this already, but I want to put my two cents in before everything goes live. I realize that, even if you do revert it, it won't happen today...but soon? Please, please, please revert the Harvest Life change. Aesthetically, the spell was one of the coolest we've gotten in recent memory. In usefulness, however, it's absolutely amazing. Being able to go into Demon form, hop in the middle of a group, start with Immolation Aura, and then Harvest Life to be able to keep ourselves alive as things die around us was stunningly useful. Being able to group and have the healers worry less about us while we kept ourselves alive was great. Of course, if a boss came over to slap us, we died, but that's fine. On trash packs we had a good backup button, and we could Life Tap without fear, knowing that Harvest Life would help to top us off during those tense AoE moments. In addition, the ability to AoE from a safe distance, reliably, was amazing. Hand of Gul'dan was nice, but it just doesn't have the same oomph as being able to stand back and harvest the lives of the fools who got in front...beside...behind (in some cases) us. Yes, I definitely overpulled on a number of occasions, but it was worth it. I figure I'll hear a lot of "you're doing it wrong" chants when I say this, but it seems like Demo AoE is severely lacking outside of Metamorphosis, and honestly, Immolation Aura is so Fury-costly that it just doesn't seem like a reliable method to use all that often. Demo lost Rain of Fire and Seed of Corruption, both amazing AoE abilities, so we need something to keep up. Lastly, if the change is being made because of PvP...well...figure out a way to make it scale unfavorably with resilience (so as to not have to nerf the PvE ability, but keep it from being a game-breaker in PvP.) Please consider reverting this change. Thanks. P.S. If you don't, we're still warlocks, and we will happily drain whatever is left of your anti-fun-having souls!Chongadilla7 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Archimonde 25M soloable? Hey all, I am leveling a warlock to 90, and am really keen on transmogging the Hood of the Malefic. Do you think Archimonde 25M is soloable? I never did this raid (nor pretty much any raids...I'm pretty casual), so I'm sort of ignorant on the matter. Thanks for any info.Keldine14 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 10, 2013 Keep getting stuck in combat? Just wanted to see if any other locks are experiencing this over the last few days. I started leveling this toon from 80 on Friday, but I didn't have this happen until yesterday when I was at level 85 at the Grookin Hill quest hub. I got stuck in combat and couldn't drop it. Couldn't log out or quit unless I closed the app from my desktop, which I did. But when I logged back in, I was somehow still in combat. I tried hearthing, still in combat. I finally closed the game, logged into another toon on the account, then logged out of that one and back onto the lock and I was out of combat. It's happened 3 times total since yesterday. I didn't see anything in the bug reports / tech forums, and nobody in my guild had any issues, so I figured I would see if maybe any of the minions are known to bug combat at all. I also didn't test without addons, which only includes recount and bartender.Pastorius3 Sep 10, 2013
Sep 9, 2013 Dps help Hi all Trying to get better numbers with my dps but not sure if I am doing something drastically wrong or it is still lack of gear! Like the other day did about 148k on Jin Rock and about 145 on Horridon but only finished about 110k on council. Also tried Affliction and yes I tried it in LFR to see what I could do and my dps at best I could hit was 85kOumpaa9 Sep 9, 2013
Sep 9, 2013 Brand New Warlock Gotta say, being a brand new warlock is very unfun. Way to much confusion when switching specs while leveling. explain why when I'm leveling a mage/warrior/warlock at the same time the warlock needs to have a massive-supered-up learning curve? I mean definitely detours anyone form playing warlock unless they want to.Snuglsanhugs7 Sep 9, 2013
Sep 9, 2013 5.4 and Raiding I'm looking for spec and haste advice for 5.4. I'm currently aff as my main spec, but I have had a lot of trouble breaking 130k on most fights. Not sure what I'm doing wrong with it. Mostly though, I am debating about taking up Demo for 5.4, since indicators are it will still be the top DPS spec for us? What I'm wondering is, if I go for the full tilt Haste breakpoint of 25%, will that hurt my aff spec, or will I be fine in Demo if I keep my Aff breakpoints as they are now?Cygerstorm5 Sep 9, 2013
Sep 9, 2013 Demonology help I have just recently switched to demonology from destruction and am having a bit of trouble with it. I have the general rotation down really well but I keep hearing people talk about their "opener". I usually just start with my regular rotation of setting up dots and dont pop cd's and meta until I max my fury. Am I missing something? I pull around 110k spiked with cd's and then 90k once it evens out at 515 ilvl. I know that this spec is very dependent on skill level which is what I am lacking since destro was such a face roll although I am confident I can get the hang of it as I have done the green fire quest. I am looking for what exactly an opener should be, when to use meta, and any general tips for someone new to the spec. Thanks ahead of time! xuluuXuluu2 Sep 9, 2013
Sep 9, 2013 [Feedback] Mannoroth's Fury in 5.4 In mannoroth's fury's current state it affects both chaos wave and hand of guldan, making it a very good choice for demonology on any fight with multiple targets like (Heroic) Horridon - I don't play demo on this fight, but if I did, I'd take Manno Council - One does not simply fight this on heroic without mannoroth's Tortos - I play affliction, and if I didn't because of heroic mechanics I would play destruction, but if I had to play demo I'd use mannoroth's and I would almost certainly get very little use of Hellfire through the encounter Megaera - I use mannoroths. Without Mannoroth affecting Chaos Wave my quality of life would be a lot lower. Dark Animus - While I personally don't play demonology on Dark Animus, the times I have played it on heroic Mannoroth's fury has been awesome for cleaving adds on my side of the room. Iron Qon - Hell yeah Iron Qon p3 when all the dogs are active but might be out of the short range, mannoroth really flies. Twin Consorts - Yea I use mannoroth here for the phase transition from night -> day. The adds aren't always grouped up so pretty. I could probably get away with using KJC on this fight, and the gain from mannoroth's probably isn't that substantial, but I use it because it's reliable. Lei Shen - okay so heroic I have to use KJC for p3 but in normal and on earlier parts of the heroic progression I've used Mannoroth's Fury for when the adds don't get properly gripped. My point? Mannoroth's Fury gets used a lot in its current state for demo, and in most of these fights it's not even that big of a deal for most of the fight, but I take it because it shines in certain parts of the encounters. Now I know in 5.4 I most likely won't be returning to these encounters, but it shows the playstyle that I, and I imagine a lot of other locks that play demo have gotten used to. I'm not even asking for the new Mannoroth's Fury to increase our Chaos Wave and Hand of Gul'dan damage, but please just give us the range. Thanks Hipster <Death Jesters> 11/13HHipster9 Sep 9, 2013
Sep 9, 2013 Multidotting.... Anybody have a reliable way of keeping track of multidotting mobs. Right now I'm using tidy plates, but its tough too keep track of all the mobs you've dotted just by the icons, and it gets cluttered. I just want to be able to not let agony fall off.Litlfinger8 Sep 9, 2013