Warlock

Nov 14, 2013 Green Fire and it's Rewards! :) Changing the Dreadsteed to reflect aquiring the Codex was/is a very nice touch... any chance in getting the Glyph of Nightmares to reflect this change as well? Also, just to wrap things up completely (and don't get me wrong, you guys did a nice job already on this... I'm just a perfectionist at heart), the icon for the Dreadsteed. For those of us that have obtained the codex could we get a green version (not dissimilar from the color changes to the fire spells) to reflect the change? Thank you for your consideration!Samael1 Nov 14, 2013
Nov 14, 2013 Those Felhunters.... I know, I know, you guys have probably been swamped with Green Fire threads the past few months, but I'm new around here and I have a couple questions. 1.) Is there any way to do the Felhunter phase without your pit lord being de-enslaved? I've tried "every" suggestion I've seen. I've RoF'd the portal, I've stunned them, I've LoS'd the pit lord, I've moved the pit lord away, I've conflag'd the first one, etc. etc. Nothing works. He gets set free within 8 or so seconds no matter what. 2.) Ok, so he's set free. Whatever, I can fear him while I deal with the puppies. Problem is, I can't. Everyone says, "Oh, Chaos bolt one, Havoc the second, and Chaos Boltx2 the last one. It's easy!" But ... it's not. For one, that combo won't even come close to killing them, and with all the stuff going on (enemy RoF, enemy Chaos Bolts, etc.) I can't just stand there and spam CB on them. Futhermore, even when I do think I've got the upper hand and get them down, before I can re-enslave and get settled, the boss is already casting Cataclysm. X_X So I'm just at a loss as to how to deal with this phase. I know I'm not the best player, but I don't know how else to burst these guys down, all things considered. I guess I'm just not skilled enough, but eh. Should I just wait a few months until I'm decked in SoO LFR gear and just beat it with ilvl or ...?Zelena15 Nov 14, 2013
Nov 14, 2013 Affliction PVP Stats + Gemming. I looked at azaels and chanimals armory to check out gearing for locks, and it seems like their not really gemming for int but stacking haste and then mastery. is the haste breakpoint worth the lost int in this patch? Ty.Nachos11 Nov 14, 2013
Nov 14, 2013 Where is my Pitlord summon Well Blizz? I could enslave one during the Green Fire quest, can't we get one now?Breenss7 Nov 14, 2013
Nov 14, 2013 What minion for leveling? I switched to Voidwalker at level 8, because I hate to take damage. But later as I come up against both melee and ranged attackers, I want to know what makes sense as a "default" minion. First of all, am I "supposed to know" whether a mob is a range or melee attacker before I start. And if I don't know, what minion should I start with? If I start with Imp, I probably won't get added mobs on the pull, but if the mob is melee, it would take several seconds to switch to Voidwalker if I think that's necessary. If I just have the Voidwalker out by default, then when he closes on a mob, he might get aggro from mobs near his primary target. What's the best overall minion strategy? Don't have Fear yet, but don't plan to use it until I get it glyphed at lvl 25. My spec is Destro, and I plan to stay that way, want to do Chaos Bolt later. Thx for comments.Jezebelina5 Nov 14, 2013
Nov 14, 2013 Next expansion=nerf or not? Ive recently returned to WoW and playing my warlock, after blizzcon rolled around people started to freak out over the changes mentioned, proclaiming a big nerf was on the way for us. I am wondering what the experts actually believe, I love the warlock and Ive recently paid for a faction change, It would really suck for us to get nerfed to nothingness and also have our fun killed in a few months time.Laferre3 Nov 14, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 orc racials vs troll racials So I know that troll racials are superior to orcs in terms of PVE damage, but how MUCH better are they? I am going to race change soon, and I love to pve dps, however I also plan on doing much the pvp too! It seems to me that with the dps trinket+pet damage racials the orcs have on top of their pvp racial abilities, orcs may be a smarter choice if your do pvp as well as pve?Tërra2 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Hardest spec to master? Plus tips? Okay so i just switched to destro. So far i like it better than Affliction. I heard it was hard to master but it seems pretty straight forward so far. Affliction was a lot of fun but i noticed my DPS at this level is much much better than it was with affliction. Does this somehow even out at lvl 90 or something? I don't ever run out of mana having to refresh it like i did with affliction and my AoE is no longer channeld? Not sure if thats from a spec change lol. It's just a lot faster so far to down mobs. I can see how affliction can be pretty good later on especially for raids when you stack up dots and put them into overdrive. I haven't tried Demo but it seems pretty cool. Which spec is the most powerful at the moment? Which one is used mostly for PvP and why? Thanks in advance :3Bloodandfire13 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 p PLZ GIVE DEMO A PIT LORD ;-; BECAUSE IT IS THE MASTER SPEC OF ALL DEMONSDread4 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Flames of Xoroth bug Anyone else have this problem that when they summon their pet using Xoroth that they always get the wrong one? At one point I switched from Demo to Destro, had the blueberry out just before and cast Xoroth and I got the Felguard, not bad at all but it disappears about 20s later. Now no matter what I start a BG off with all I ever get later is the Imp... Any known fixes?Brym9 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Green fire Finally got around to finishing the chain. YAY! Seriously though even though I waited till I out-geared the content a little(i543), it was a fun chain to do and I hope blizzard implements some cool class quests like that in the future for other classes.Bonesaw1 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Touch of the grave and warlock pvp. This racial is starting to intrigue me. Im wondering how much damage/healing it does now in 5.4. I love being an orc with the stun resist and dps CD, but I like the passive healing and damage idea on top of a semi built in trinket. Anyone have any info they can provide me from a pvp standpoint? ThanksThaenatos5 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 DPS help My dps is way too low, my Ilvl is 512 and I know it could be better. I've read all the rotation guides, Icy-veins Noxxic . Maybe I'm doing something wrong rotation wise, I followed the gem/enchant guide but idk what to do to increase my dps.Avéry4 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Need tips for Demonology PVE I've been trying to find some info about demo and I'm having trouble finding out about stat priorities and rotations. Some say after Hit and Int it should be haste and others say its crit/mastery. I know right now the best dps output I've seen would be destro. But today I was amazed seeing this demo lock being number 1 dps on LFR SoO and quite honestly I'd prefer my pet and caster combo. Any tips would be greatly appreciated :D.Fenirian1 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Lock This. Lock This.Ifstar24 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Affliction feral 2v2 Anyone have any experience with this and know if it's viable? Or am I just going to want to pull my hair out? I was also wondering if the changes to soul swap applies to the symbiosis version as well. I feel like this could actually be pretty bursty for a dot comp.Felcrit0 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 Glyph of Health Funnel Trying to pick 3 minor glyphs that seem good. Non-Demo warlocks seem to have the most uninteresting minor glyphs ever sadly. I was looking at Health Funnel...is this glyph good for someone who likes to solo a lot? Be it old content or timeless isle or whatever. When I first saw it I thought it seemed pretty good because you could heal your demon while DPSing, but now I'm not so sure. It has the CD and the healing is reduced by half compared to without the glyph. What do you guys think?Ashendra1 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 18 tries but I finally got it Hello all, just here to share my green fire experience with the lock community and maybe help some others get it as well. i started trying this at ilvl 502 and just got obliterated every time because i didn't understand the mechanics. I thought it was a gear issue so i decided to revisit it at 532. It tooks me 16 tries since going back to it but i finally got it today. I only used 2 macros: enslave pitlord and sac pact+twilight ward. ( never even used the second one). I would say the enslave macro is necessary because it lets you focus more on dpsing him down . Imps are faceroll, just RoF and FnB conflag a couple times, then their down I didnt follow any specific strat with felhunters either.. i also didnt move my pitlord or anything ( apparently their a problem for people) idk but they didnt even try to eat my pit lord. I just conflagged a couple times and incinerated them down. Banished the Doomlord Never used tele, always portaled for chaos bolts only time i charged was for Cata, dumped embers on CB after charging All in all its a really fun fight, just a little dissapointed in myself that i couldnt just try harder at lower ilvl. Hope this helps some people!Sacs4 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 13, 2013 UI/Addons Hi all What UI and addons does everyone use. I remember back in the day using a Hud to keep a eye on my health and all. Is their still something like that out there, to be able to keep track of things in the center or off center of my screen?Oumpaa19 Nov 13, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 DPS low Halp! I'm returning to wow and trying to gear up, but i'm doing something wrong. im at the bottom of the meters just about every time. doing like 70 to 80k. please help. am i reforge or gemming wrong or something? or just bad gear.Boski2 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 macro help with soul swap please! this is what i got #showtooltip Soul Swap /cast [mod:shift] Soul Swap /stopmacro [mod:shift] /cast Soulburn /cast Soul Swap i want to make it so i cast soulburn only when i hold shift. what i have is the opposite i get that but how do i make it so i can do it the way i want. also advice on affliction would be helpful im new to the spec completely since bc.Teacupzz7 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Not this Xpac Guess no tamable demons this xpac boys:(Riprip15 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Trying to get into pvp with my lock and... What spec should i be?Plaguemouth3 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Level one-hundred(100) spec first impressions Demonic Servitude Demonic servitude is while I agree a very cool thing to do visually, we do NOT I repeat NOT need another Grimoire of supremacy or service (this is considering it could either be permanent replacement of your pet or another pet along side your current one [Copying hunter's talents anyone?]) Chaotic Resources Chaotic resources is an overwhelming bland, non-exciting passive talent which does nothing for me (as if just being passive wasn't bland and bad enough...) Now to show you this isn't just a senseless rant I'll admit the demonology version of this spec is fun, however I don't want warlocks to turn into warriors, hunters, mages, anyone who can just 're-up' their resources on a whim. The burning embers gimmick should of been scrapped before it ever hit live! I can't believe we're leaning (resting) this gimmicky destruction Chaotic resources talent onto another gimmick! (burning embers) That's comical game design at best. Lack of attention to the fact that the developer who created burning embers didn't want it there! At worst. Burning Embers gripes and don't tell me otherwise, the developer who created it wanted to but was forced to keep it because of someone else saying that there wasn't enough time to completely re-do what they had already done! I fear that this isn't a placeholder and we're going to get royally screwed once again, the decision to change Kil'Jaeden's cunning was one to make a lot of players stop playing their warlocks (myself included) why do we try to work around horrible talents instead of replacing them all together? We still have to chance to change these poor talents before even wasted beta testing. Cataclysm: It tries to be the median for these two talents of A) Visual stimulation and B) pure utility but it the end it's just an Seed of Corruption with a reskin. with a staggering one minute cooldown How is this useful at all compared to the bland pure damage talent? how is that useful at all to a permanent addition/replacement pet? It casts corruption once a minute? So what? Why even make the talent do that? Just make it purely damage or have a DOT of it's own. As is, affliction is the only one who can get some moderate damage off of dots anyway, what's the point of making our low damage dot on a one minute cooldown? To help our PvE rotation you may ask? NOPE Why not just make the damage on cataclysm higher in spite of the DoT? (Have you two ultimatums with that one Blizz) Can't we have a mixture of utility and visual stimulation (coolness) Demonic servitude only exists because of green fire and warlocks wanting more ways to look cool. (Which is ridiculous.) Chaotic resources is a bland and boring dps talent, no kick what-so-ever. No appeal aside from straight dps. Can't there be a median? Can there be an in-between? Now I understand that everyone is hyped because there will be reskins of character models but that should be more than enough! We don't need to cavalcade visual effects instead of actually developing a cool/exciting/useful talent. In conclusion: Warlock pop is low, and as we all know monks get insane abilities to compensate, not just visually but damage wise as well. Why do warlocks have to settle with getting visual spells to try and increase our class pop? That's extremely dumb.Yaruu60 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Green Fire Quest Halp I'm on the instance part and don't know how to get inside Black Temple. I've already seen the fight on youtube and get the strategy part. I just haven't seen how to get in... btw I probably can't do it with my ilvl, can I? (kill the boss) :/ Update: I found the way in after watching a video.Arkralai4 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Leveling Demon I'm getting back to my Lock after essentially let him languish for two-three years (save for a week where I got him to 85). He's affliction, and I'm comfortable with the rotation, but I'm not sure which demon would be the best to level with. I do have the Grimoire of Supremacy talent selected.Wichasha3 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Aff 5.4 BG stats/gear/glyphs Hey guys, First off sorry, it would not let me post on my warlock. What I am after is a guide/help from u guys focusing on affliction in mainly battlegrounds/rateds. I enjoy the play style immensely however, I am a bit confused with optimum gear/gems and glyphs. I also cannot seem to find much info on the web. Could anyone please point me in the right direction? Thanks a tonne!Semirhage3 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Cobrak 17 May be the best pvp video I have ever seen.The things he does are absolutely amazing, and the editing is just NUTS.Samhainz29 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Archimond's Darkness So in the armory, affliction pvp locks look like they still take this talent. When I'm lookning at it in my talent interface in game it's a totally different talent. What's the deal?Swellbelly4 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Dark Apothosis and orbs question I know that having dark apothosis glyphed results in +50% dmg taken instead of +20 on flag maps, but what about for holding orbs in temple, or running cart in Gorge?Drewdrum2 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Chaos Bolt Formula Hey guys, i made a WeakAura to calculate the approx size of a Chaos Bolt, however somewhere i am not getting the formula right. I was wondering if anyone could help me out by correcting me or providing information as to how i could get the full formula. This is what i have to far ((3052 +(2.58*spellpower)* 1.24) *2)*((1+(critchance/100))* (1+(mastery/100))) I have made this under the situation that there is no other auras affecting the target or myself The information is from wowhead and it's tooltip. It appears to be accurate when it is doing low damage, eg 200k, but the higher the damage on it the more inaccurate it gets. Thanks for your time xDToxicable11 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 12, 2013 Noob Lock Need PvP Halp I'm trying to gear up and I'm more comfortable in destro, but can play afflic as well. What talents/glyphs should I use for arenas and for rbgs?Arkralai3 Nov 12, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 2 shot a full raid geared palli last night... While farming Trogs in Deepholm. After the second time he logs his human hunter and whispers me "Now you can't kill me" lol. My reply - "Get rofl stomped much? 30 stacks so far lolol". Do the WPvP crybabies have a point? lolTylerdirtyn8 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Using my 90 boost for a lock. So I'm thinking about using my insta 90 for a warlock come WoD. I've always been against pet classes because of having to micro manage them. My question is will there be/or is there a Lock spec that doesn't require too much thought as far as using a pet? Also, in your opinion what makes a lock better to play then a mage as far as gameplay reasoning? Not worried about lore and your desire to have demon wings.Neosquid7 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Is Crit > Haste viable for affliction? Basically, i'm not even 90 yet but i've been thinking about arenas a lot, and I really want to be able to switch between affliction and destruction freely, but I think crit and haste stops me from doing so because I know that destruction crit > haste But I was wondering, could I favor crit over haste on affliction? Do you really need haste on affliction?Dots4 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Top PvP spec Hi, i'm a newer lock, I have a few 90's but I was just wondering some stuff bout warlocks. I see on top sites like wowgraphs that affliction is one of top specs in arenas right now with like a 5% of all classes above 1800+ and demo and destruction is like 0.8% Are demo and destruction locks just bad in arena right now? I'd like to PvP with the best spec because i'm planning on being kind of a elitist even though i'm not good at the game right now, but I wanna train to be the best. TL:DR is affliction better then other specs in arena?Dots4 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Race Change Inquiry Hey guys, thought I'd poll the lock community on a potential race change. I'm a dwarf - it's depressing in PvE, but I rather like the PvP anti rogue/warrior utility. Thinking about switching to Worgen for the 1% crit + dark flight. As alliance, is the general consensus that Worgen > Everything (in terms of well rounded racials)? In addition, for those who play Worgen warlocks do you find the animations obnoxious or tolerable - I can't decide if I like them or not. Thanks! (P.S. wtb horde racials) - TytharTythar9 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Aff Lock 5.4 PvP help Hey guys I just recently hit 90 on my lock and would really like to play affliction. The biggest problem I seem to be having with it is multi dotting. I was really hoping some of you fine ladies and gents could give me a few pointers on how to effectively multi dot in a bg and arena setting and a few pointers on gemming and reforging would also be appreciated. Thanks!Dieantwoord0 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 4 year return Hello folks, I just reactivated my account after 4 years of hibernation. I haven't followed Wow or any of the character changes during my absence. I came back to a confusing mess as far as the skill trees and talents. My first choice it to try and resuscitate my Warlock. My guild is basically dead so I see myself mostly doing some solo pve and maybe moving into small pve groups once I get my footing if the warlock is even a viable char any longer. I am interested in hearing some of your views on the viability of the current warlock character and which skill tree you think would match up with my current play style best. I will be digging through some of the forums to see what pieces of gold I can extract but would greatly appreciate any and all input you may be willing to offer up.Fali11 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Demo rotation and reforging Some say Mastery>Haste>Crit, I also see Haste>Crit>Mastery... Getting confused since my dps blows and my gear is pretty decent. Rotation is prolly a big factor, as I see threads on making sure when you get "X" proc from trinkets and weapon enchant to execute "X" spell. What add-ons do you awesome Demos use? Any help would be appreciated.Marxxe1 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Warlock PvP So, I'm really trying to get into PvP more, but I'm struggling to find a spec which really suits me. I was Demonology for a while, but I wasn't hitting as hard as I wanted. So I switched to Destruction, which was pretty good. Glyphed Havoc spell was great for cleaving in 2s, Ember Tap was a good emergency heal when I had an ember to spare, but.. it was boring. Currently I'm running as Affliction, spec and glyphs are based on a video in which the guy seemed to know what he was talking about. But I'm getting destroyed in 1v1 duels, and RBGs. Is Affliction even a viable spec for 5.4 PvP?Jawesh5 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Should Demo keep Lifetap? I am of the opinion that Demo should drop Lifetap from its spell book, leaving Afflic as the sole Lifetapper. The Demo rotation just does not have the feel for it anymore, imo. I wanted to see what the Lock community thought about this.Methalos7 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Black Harvest Alternative - Fel Puppy Trouble I found an interesting alternative to kill Kanrethad that I've almost mastered. This is a good method if you're have a lower item level or trouble with mechanics. I've tweaked this method slightly to work for me, up until where it's time to deal with the fel hunters (which is where I'm currently stuck). You can find the original post here: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1630-warlock-green-fire-quest-line-kanrethad-strategy/page-3 by Nekkrosis, post #55. Here's how I've done the fight so far: Spec: Destruction Item Level: 512 Talents: Soul Leech, Shadowfury, Soul Link, Unbound Will, Grimoire of Sacrifice, Kil'jaeden's Cunning Major Glyphs: Siphon Life, Curse of Elements, Eternal Resolve Minor Glyphs: Enslave Demon Consumables: Flask of the Warm Sun, Purification Potion, Mogu Fish Stew, Potion of the Jade Serpent Macros I use: PIT LORD /target Pit Lord /cast Enslave Demon WILD IMPS #showtooltip Shadowfury /target Wild Imp /castsequence Shadowfury, Fire and Brimstone, Immolate DOOMLORD /target Doom Lord /cast Banish FEL HOUNDS /target Fel Hunter /castsequence Shadowfury, Immolate, Fire and Brimstone, Rain of Fire, Rain of Fire, Rain of Fire The Encounter: 1. Preparation: Eat consumables and buff. Save Potion of the Jade Serpent and Purification Potion for later. Keep your cleanse abilities and the Fel breath of your Pit Lord ready at all times to keep yourself cleansed throughout the fight. 2. Placement: Place a teleport at the top of the stairs leading from the entrance where the anvil is. Place a demonic gateway halfway between the teleport and circle in the center of the main room where Kanrethad is summoned. This way you have a fast path back to the stairs for the beginning of the fight. 3. The Pull: Summon your imp and summon Kanrethad. Focus him and just as he is about to become attackable, use your Potion of the Jade Serpent and summon your Doomguard. You must pre-pot before Kanrethad becomes attackable so you can use your Purification Potion Later. Pop Dark soul: Instability and DPS Kanrethad down as much as you can. You have about 20 seconds. I usually get him to about 89% HP at this point. 4: The Pit Lord: When Kanrethad is about 4 seconds from summoning the Pit Lord, sacrifice your imp so you get the Unbound Will cleanse and then use your gateway and teleport to get to the stairs. Head down to the very bottom of the stairs and wait for the Pit Lord. When he is moving down the stairs, that is the best time to enslave him so he can't stun you. Additionally you can use Shadowfury to stun him before enslaving him. I haven't found this necessary personally, but is a good fail safe if you need it. The guide says to place him on passive, but I don't really need to. 5. Stay out of Line of Sight: Continue to wait at the very bottom of the stairs inside the big square, against the doors. Karenthad will cast Reign of Fire on you, but his chaos bolts and cataclysm wont hit you from this location. Just strafe left and right to avoid Reign of Fire. Note that he will run down the stairs to cast ultimate doom and a couple debuffs on you but he'll run back to the center grate right after he finishes. I've actually managed to avoid his ultimate doom curse if I stay LOS against the doors. (Doesn't work all the time) 6. Wild Imps: Imps spawn now and will come running down the stairs after you. The side of stairs that imps come down will depend on where you're standing. I use a rotation of three consecutive Reign of Fires, then hit Shadowfury to stun all the imps. I then target an imp with fire and brimstone, and then immolate to hit them all. I finish off the imps with the Pit Lord's Fel Breath. This also cleanses me of any dots because I am standing in the Fel Breath, too. 7. Fel Hounds, First Set: Three Fel Hounds come out next, but they wont come down the stairs after you and your Pit Lord, so ignore them for now. if you use DBM, you will be spammed with messages that the Fel Hounds are consuming your Pit Lord's enslavement debuff. It's a bug with the addon and so just ignore it as well. 8. First Doomlord: Now the doomlord spawns. He'll run down one side of the stairs so LoS him with one of the statues at the base and have your pit charge him and hit him with the breath attack. Use cooldowns and burn him down as best you can. Remember to use charge and breath on cooldown to take advantage of the extra damage. 9. More Imps: A new wave of imps will come out now, so if the doomlord is still up then banish him and burn the imps down like you did before. While the doomlord is banished this is a good time to refresh your enslave demon, so dismiss the Pit Lord and then stun him with shadowfury. You can re-enslave him and focus on the doom again if he's still up. Again, I haven't found that shadowfury on the Pit Lord is necessary because minor glyph of Enslave Demon makes re-enslaving so fast. 10. More Fel Hounds: Second round of fel hounds, and just like before you'll ignore these for now. DBM will begin spamming again, just ignore it if you have the addon. 11. More Doomlord: Second doomlord comes out, you'll deal with him just like the first. Pop your cooldowns and burn him and be sure to banish him if you didn't kill him before the next wave of imps. I struggle here a little bit, and have to banish this doomlord a couple times to deal with wild imp waves. Once the Doomlord is dead, it's time to deal with the Fel Hounds. This is where I am stuck. The rest of the fight according to Nekkrosis is here: ... I can't seem to get this part mastered. Using this strategy, does anyone have any suggestions to get the fel hounds down? I keep getting Wild Imp waves when I try to go up and deal with the Fel hounds. Help! <3Zendarin1 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Potential Abilities: Perma Doomguard/Infernal Just throwing a few out there. CD times on the active abilities to be determined. Doomguard Command Demon Ability: Cripple - Enemy target has its casting, movement, and attack speed lowered by 70% for 5 seconds. Secondary abilities: Demonic Empowerment - The Doomguard breaks free of all CC effects. Fel Funnel - The Doomguard passively heals its Master for 1% of the Masters total health every 2 seconds. Infernal Command Demon: Meteor Strike - Rises into the air and crashes down at the target location, dealing a small amount of Shadowflame damage and stunning all enemies within 8 yards for 3 seconds. Breaks snare and root effects on the Infernal. Secondary Abilities: Shaterring Core - Upon death, the Infernal will split into 3 smaller Infernals for a short amount of time that each deal 1/3 the damage of a normal Infernal. Immolation Armor - The Infernal and its Master both take 5% less damage while the Infernal is active.Methalos2 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Annoying Imp debuff on kanrethad. how do i keep from getting that? Is there a way? there are very many times ive been royally screwed out of winning by the annoying imp stunning me.Vildhjarta6 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Green fire: Just defeated Kantherad and... ...i'm not too sure where to go next. He didn't drop any items for me too loot, nor is there a "?" for quest submission. Appreciate the help please!Erlock2 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Felguard Minor Glyph Question... Does the damage from the random 2h item that they equip apply when the summoned felguard uses it? or is it just cosmetic? Would be nifty to have a lvl 60 felguard with a lvl 90 2h weapon...Ætherstôrm2 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 I just joined the Green failure club I couldn't do the green fire quest at 482 ilvl so I quit... tried again at 520 just now and 2 shot the quest. Didn't even get a second Doomguard out. Feels really cheap. I definitely did not get that sense of elation that I remember people talking about when they did it when it was current :/ It was more or less "Wtf I'm actually going to do this" then he died. I even ate a Chaos Bolt at one point because I ported too late, and didn't cast the pet heal at all because I forgot it was there, instead just relying on Ember Tap and health stones.Feel3 Nov 11, 2013
Nov 11, 2013 Destro's Guide to Black Harvest (5.4) This is a "for dummies" and non-heroic geared warlocks attempting the quest guide. Obviously if you're in Heroic raid gear just ignore this and stomp his face. (I posted this to WoWhead as well, if you'd like spell descriptions without having to leave the page. http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69964#comments:id=1916971 ) What you need: Destro Spec -- Grimoire of Sacrifice - Imp - Singe Magic Sacrificial Pact - Works on Pit Lord Shadow Fury - Imps Kil'jaeden's Cunning - 1337 moving deeps Soul Leech - Yay shield! Glyphs -- Major: Healthstone - Yay life! Soulstone - Soulstone works so long as the Pit Lord is enslaved Siphon LIfe - Yay life! Minor: Enslave Demon - No getting charged and roflstomp'ed (right off the bat anyway) Notes -- Minor glyphs don't matter beyond Enslave Demon. Demonic Gateways are buggy and disappear half the time during combat so Gateway Attunement is useless. I completed the encounter using only Demonic Teleport. Items-- Purification Potion - Remove the 7 minute curse with 2-3 minutes left. He will reapply it almost immediately after you dispell it; DBM lies. Drums of Rage - Use at 20% Drums of Forgotten Kings - Yay sweet, sweet Pally essence! Crystal of Insanity - You have to be insane to try this quest. Food - You need to look buff to impress. Misc. Flasks - If you want to try it while Crystal of Insanity is on CD you will likely want the boost. Notes -- POTIONS AND FLASKS WILL PUT PURIFICATION POTION ON CD. NO HEALING POTIONS OR KAFA PRESS. Macros -- You will want macros for Havoc, Fel Flame Breath (for imps and yourself), Target & Enslave, and Charge. You can find these pretty easily doing a search for Green Fire Quest Macros. Other Notes -- I could not shake aggro at all during the entire fight, so I did not bother with Soul Shatter. ____ Start off by buffing, eating, soulstone, etc. Don't forget to sacrifice an imp for good luck. Set up your demonic teleport behind one of the pillars near the stairs before moving to the front. After activating the altar /focus him and move over to stand outside one of the alcoves to either side of the portal. Once he is active blow him up as much as you can (save Embers for healing) before he summons the Pit Lord, use your enslave macro to easily catch the Pit Lord the second the channel is up. Use Singe Magic and Fel Flame Breath to get rid of Agony and Corruption. Use Demonic Siphon and Ember Tap as needed for healing. Save health stones for Felhunter stage. Run into the alcove for Chaos Bolt (hug the back corner until the channel is up). Use your charge macro to easily interrupt him when he channels Cataclysm. Blow him up with 1 Chaos Bolt while he's stunned. When he runs over to summon imps lay down multiple layers of Rain of Fire and switch on Fire and Brimstone to AoE them down ASAP. It's easy to get turned around on the platform, so stay as close to the alcove as possible at all times for Chaos Bolt. If you are too far away when he casts Chaos Bolt throw up Twilight Ward AND Sacrificial Pact or you will die. Save Unending Resolve for 2nd and 3rd summon imps and doomguard. When he begins to summon Felhunters immediately send your Pit Lord as far away from the portal and you as possible. Lay down Rain of Fire to draw aggro before making your way to the stairs (Use demonic teleport to get behind the pillar for Chaos Bolt) to put distance between you and the felhounds. Use your Havoc macro to easily take down 2 hounds at once. If the hounds dispel enslave use Fear on the Pit Lord to keep him away from you until all 3 are dead. Banish or Fear the 1 Doomguard that he summons soon after Felhounds. Once the Felhounds are dead and the Pit Lord re-enslaved, rebuff and make your way back to the alcove (reset teleport on your way there). Beware that he may Cataclysm before you can reach him - DON'T FORGET YOUR CHARGE MACRO! It will allow you to direct the demon to Charge without multiple clicks. Keep the doomguards feared and banished. Drop an Infernal on the 2nd wave of Felhounds or the 3rd wave of imps depending on how much trouble you are having on either. Rinse and Repeat. Notes -- It is extremely easy to get turned around on the platform; I recommend setting up raid markers on your path. It's also easy to panic or tunnel vision on adds - make sure you are using Singe Magic and Unbound Will every time they are off CD. Don't forget to drink a Purification Potion before the 7 minute debuff runs out or you will die. Don't forget to soulstone yourself - your Pit Lord will continue fighting so long as it is enslaved when you die. Path Setup http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/Kalbronze/media/WoWTGreenstrat-1.jpg.html Alcove http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/Kalbronze/media/WoWTLoS-1.jpg.html Teleport Setup http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/Kalbronze/media/WoWteletip.jpg.html This is a tough fight with luck oriented mechanics. If you fail the first, second, third, fourth... you know what - Just take a five minute break after every wipe. It will let your CDs repop anyway and you'll get it eventually. Don't forget that there is an Anvil beside the entrance, so you will not have to Hearth out until you ragequit.Dievas0 Nov 11, 2013