Warlock

Feb 1, 2014 PvP Gear Even though this is kinda farther away in levels, I was wondering if getting the pvp 70 gear was worth it or to save for level 80 gear?Kipharvey3 Feb 1, 2014
Feb 1, 2014 Did YOU think green fire was hard to get? As we near the end of MoP I wanted to hear how everyone liked this wonderful quest. I thought it was pretty easy. It took me maybe 10 tries in all after I got it. I thought it was an amazing quest line. Did you think it was? Would you like Blizzard to do something like this again? For all classes? So for yourself, did you think that it was hard?Senorsmelly64 Feb 1, 2014
Jan 31, 2014 Just hit 90 last night... [backstory] I haven't been very active this xpac. Mainly due to RL. Partly due to burn out and not really feeling any particular class call out to me. Had fun on a rogue for a while, but a lot of my time is spent soloing and the rogue is mainly to play with friends. I discovered that locks were fun again when I was RAFing this past summer. My very first toon WAY back when was a Lock. Over the years, I've admired them from afar watching friends play their locks. many attempts to level them ended in a dusty alt somewhere or deletion. But like I said, I wasn't active much this xpac and just looking for a little direction now that I have finally found a class that has perked my interest in wanting to be in WoW again. Suddenly I want to log in! So... [the actual question...finally] How am I doing so far? Haven't stepped foot on TI yet, the Timeless pieces were handed down from an alt up there mount & pet farming. Need to upgrade jewelry still. I have a back up 450 trinket in case I DO get going on the green fire quest and the dragonling is still sitting there (while reading about the questline, I saw warnings on WoWhead to not equip that trinket for final fight) I have a 476 offhand made, waiting for my main hand wep. Some sites have suggested Artful Vermillion as ideal for yellow sockets, my JC is on top of that. Just not very lucky in her prospecting last night. Aware that the 434 bracers aren't chanted. I have a bracer chant in my bags for when I get higher ilvl ones. Basically looking to see if I am on the right path, since some of the more... well known... 3rd party sites don't agree with each other. Thought I would ask active Warlocks their opinions. My goals~ Green Fire Scenarios 5mans & H5mans with friends & fam. Finishing off a few reps that interest me. (Maybe) Legendary Cloak ...finally. Would I like to raid? Sometimes, but being in a laid back personal guild, that isn't happening unless I get into LFR & Flex and I really REALLY hate pugging. But I would like to be "raid aware" or raid ready if I do stumble across a more active guild for this girl that fits in with RL commitments. TIA!Álainn13 Jan 31, 2014
Jan 31, 2014 Destruction T16 4-set Bonus Question Hey folks, Fairly simple question, got Ordos to drop Damien's Ice-Vein Mask the other day, and I'm curious if it's worth breaking the 4-pc for? Since I already have the Warforged shoulder's off of Ordos, it would be a permanent loss unless I end up with the heroic version of the tier gear. I tried finding a BiS list for Destro locks, but I'm never sure which lists rate Tier gear off of their bonuses and which don't. Any recommendations would be great, and thanks in advance for the responses!Mornelithe18 Jan 31, 2014
Jan 31, 2014 When do I actually use CB over Incinerate? Pardon me if I sound brutally stupid, but I RaF exp'd to 90 and am now stranded in a sea of abilities I've had little experience with, the one that troubles me the most is Chaos Bolt. When do I use Chaos Bolt? Every guide I see always makes it out as if I should only ever ever ever cast Chaos Bolt if I have trinket procs or DS is up, and that I shouldn't EVER spend backdraft on it. I ask because my DPS feels like the pits, Despite me following the guides to what I think is what they're trying to say. I may have some pieces of crappy gear but I still feel like I'm really under performing in single target where my AoE seems nice and competitive. Currently, I'm spending Chaos Bolt whenever I have backdraft + procs/trinks/DS, other than that I'm just incinerating and maintaining my immolate, conflag on cd and shadowburning when they're just about to die, whatever I'm currently doing is only netting me 55-65k dps on the level 60 dummies with nothing but my own buffs this is with using my trinkets and everything. I'll be skulking around the forums and other guides in the meantime, any and all help/tips are appreciated.Cuberoll33 Jan 31, 2014
Jan 31, 2014 green fire just finished this last night.... omg. just OMG. died at least 100 times, ~1.5k in repairs... my favorite quest of all time in wow :) did it as 488 ilvl which probly didnt help but whatever.. ITS MINE!Lùrtz7 Jan 31, 2014
Jan 31, 2014 Improvements for Demonology Just a few ideas to improve demo without making it op: - Wild imp firebolts should be insta cast but with a cooldown that would reflect cast time. Essentially nothing would change but this would allow them to fight effectively in high movement fights (including pvp) - Remove the demonic fury decay simply from being in Demon form. There is really no need for it. Nether plating does not improve survival much. - Demo pvp is very weak. A 10% buff to hand of guldan would help. Wish list - Please allow demonic form a "flight form" function. The animations are there (add levitation and you have the flapping motion) and the flying mechanics are there. Please! - Lacking that, a slow fall/ levitation type ability when in demonic form. I just wanna use my wings!Caprishia25 Jan 31, 2014
Jan 31, 2014 multiple sealed tome of the lost legion Hey, quick question for all of you with better wisdom than I. Recently there has been a seller on scarlet crusade with mutliple sealed tome of the lost legion for sale on the same character. Now I myself do have two extras (had a third that I used to start the quest line on my lock) that I farmed to sell. But this guy has had 2 posted on the AH on the same toon for a couple of weeks now. Currently he has 5 listed for sale. Setting aside the question of how exactly he acquired said tomes, how is it possible to have 5 unique items for sale on the same character?Laraon2 Jan 31, 2014
Jan 31, 2014 The FELWEAVER Warlock exclusive (no other class gets a version) healing pet. your thoughts?Nexrender111 Jan 31, 2014
Jan 31, 2014 Finally Broke 50k DPS Finally, after researching my spec (Destro) for probably the 100th time, I broke 50k DPS, which might not seem much at my ilvl, but for me it was a huge improvement from what I was pulling before. I started out the day only pulling about 20k, researched, 22k, researched, 27k, researched, 35k, researched, 49k, researched, then bam, just hit 62k just a little bit ago. Once again, I know it isn't much, but it is much for me and I just felt like saying something.Xoolloon16 Jan 31, 2014
Jan 31, 2014 Balance... Why can't all three specs have balanced damage output in pve content or at least an equal amount of fights to thrive in? I hate being forced to play one spec over the other, because what i consider fun is not viable. I'm not saying nerf Destruction, but I would like to see Demonology get some love. Affliction, as always,does well for longer fights and multi-target fights.Spirît16 Jan 31, 2014
Jan 31, 2014 Burning Ember Visual Effect Lowered? has anyone else noticed the burning ember visual has been toned down? it use to be very noticable prior to 5.4 now it looks more smokey than fire like. In SoO if you look at the harbinger of Y'shaarj adds right before garrosh when they get Y'Shaarj touched they get a purple version of the burning ember visual that warlocks get. notice how intense it is compared to our burning ember visual. I wonder why they changed ours.does anyone else notice this difference since 5.4 came out?Adgarkeren7 Jan 31, 2014
Jan 31, 2014 Question about my gear and Ask MrRobot I know crit and haste are more less of the same value gearing. I do prefer crit, which I've been using Ask Mr. Robot just fine up until now. I recently just got an upgrade and now Mr Robot is wanting me to switch to haste even though the it's set to prioritize crit. My only guess is that it's seeing me being able to easily get to 24.97% haste (Which I believe is a break point for immolate? Not sure). If it's worth to do this, that's great, but figured I'd get some opinions on here before doing the complete reforge. Note that it's also putting me at 14.79% hit, which seems a bit low. Mr. Robot link: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/altar_of%20storms/caapn So what do you guys think?Caapn2 Jan 31, 2014
Jan 31, 2014 Trouble with DPS. Hey all. I have a few questions about my dps, which i feel is rather low for my current ilvl. I'm only pulling around 200k give or take some on most fights. I still am not sure what I am doing wrong with my rotation/priorities. I'm dumping chaos bolts whenever I have trinket procs and keeping immolate up as much as possible. If it's a cleave fight, I try and cleave any shadowburns or chaos bolts I can. I was also wondering, do I dump chaos bolts when skull banner is up? and am I using DS on cooldown or saving it for trinket procs for the huge chaos bolts? I'm also at 14.8k mastery and wasn't sure if going GoSac would be any more benefical than GoSup. I feel like I could be doing a good 20k or more dps than I currently am I would really like some input as to what I might be doing wrong.Needsdots11 Jan 31, 2014
Jan 31, 2014 Aff. macro question Does anyone have something like a soul swap-exhale macro for arena 1,2, and 3? Like if I soul swap-inhale one target, I can soul swap-exhale without switching targets. I hope that makes sense...Skadeush2 Jan 31, 2014
Jan 30, 2014 warlock demon forms suggestion I like the idea that dark apotheosis is a new addition to demon forms, but I would like to see more demon forms that are obtainable either through glyphs,quests, or are just given to the warlock. I also want to see different imp swarms and passive effect depending on demon form. my suggestions are below. It would be nice to obtain all demon forms through quests so that all are available for demonology and may be permanent forms after completing the tough quests. Normal warlock form- imp swarm effects summons wild imps. metamorphosis- (dps form)-imp swarm effects summon chaos imps that has dual wield daggers. damage of party increases by 2% per mad imp+mastery. Dark Apotheosis- (tank form)-imp swarm effects summon armored imps with 1 handed sword, shields and heavy armor. armored imps taunt the warlocks target when the warlocks hp is 50% or below, when the armored imp dies it bursts and heals the warlock for 15%+ mastery total hp. Grimorosis- (summoner form)-(this is a permanent transformation but still depends on demonic fury) warlock can now summon 2 demons under his/her command. demon stats are increased by 50% of warlocks stats+mastery. imp swarm effects summon dark imps that are mounted up on demon hounds. This form also has the ability to summon all demon pets/guardian demons at once for major burst with an ability called hell gate. Hellolosis-(healing form)- (this is a heal/dps form). imp swarm effects summon blessed imps (white imps) that heal party or raid with cauterize or dark blessing. this form has healing abilities to heal a tank or raid with major healing over time for a short time.Girlofshadow27 Jan 30, 2014
Jan 30, 2014 Affliction Mana Problems. I mostly play destro on my lock. I have been trying to raid with affliction recently and came across a rather severe mana problem. I usually oom at about 35%, any tips to keep affliction mana up would be appreciated.Zaldras4 Jan 30, 2014
Jan 30, 2014 Soulburn plus Soul Swap macro? I made this post in the UI and macro forum, but i'm not sure how dead that place is or not, so i figure it couldn't hurt to cross post this here, who knows another warlock could have the exact macro i'm looking for, so. . . I want to make a macro for when i single target kill something using my affliction spec on this warlock. Currently when a affliction warlock uses Soulburn + Soul swap on a target, it instantly puts almost all of our dots on the target at once. But there is a few other spells that aren't included, such as curse of elements, and haunt. This is the way it goes if i do it manually without a macro. . . /cast soulburn /cast soul swap /cast curse of elements /cast haunt All of them spells are instant cast accept haunt, haunt has a short cast time, i'm not sure if that matter or not, they are on a global cooldown as well. Can anyone help me make a macro for this process, i just want it for when i fight bosses or a single mob, no target swapping required. Thanks.Rotharey27 Jan 30, 2014
Jan 30, 2014 Is Demo played like a slow Moonkin? I mean I know the basics of Demo like HoG let it tick until around 3 seconds left, drop a second for a double dot and so forth, the rotation etc...but how does Demonic Fury work? Is it like a build up to full, then dump it all til you detransform like an exaggerated Boomkin cycle? (Moon to Sun) I've some stuff like "never use Soul Fire except when in Demo form to get maximum damage" and such, but I've also read it's our greatest fury builder... What are the actual specifics of the spec? (It's been my favorite since BC)Cromthok3 Jan 30, 2014
Jan 30, 2014 Battle Fatigue and Sacrificial Pact So I wonder how high Battle Fatigue needs to be before Sac Pact just plain damages you and you get no benefit. With the current PTR notes at 65% BF: 500,000 [your hypothetical hp] -125,000 [25% of your hp is lost] =375,000 500,000 [shield you normally recieve(400% of what was sacrificed)] * 000.35 [BF bumps it down to this amount] =175,000 [total shield gained] +375,000 [current hp] =550,000 [total 10% hp increase] But what about the Mortal Wounds debuff!? 175,000 [shield gained after BF] * 000.75 [insert Mortal Wounds] =131,250 [total shield gained with MW effect] +375,000 [current hp] =506,250 [A 1.2% increase in hp] What did I do wrong? Or what is Blizzard doing wrong?Ímbad34 Jan 30, 2014
Jan 30, 2014 Direct your Green Fire Questions Here~ I finally got around to doing the green fire quests tonight, and killed Kanrethad fairly quickly (5 or so tries). If you have any questions about what to do, or how to do it, I can offer my help on the way I did it, which, stupidly, I didn't even Sac my Imp. Just comment below, I'll post my build/macros I used, and I'll answer as many questions as I can! ==== Talents: Tier 1: Soul Leech Tier 2: Shadowfury or Mortal Coil (Not used in my kill) Tier 3: Dark Bargain Tier 4: Blood Horror (Not used in my kill) Tier 5: Grimoire of Sacrifice (Sacrifice your Imp to get Singe Magic which gets rid of the debuffs you're given) Tier 6: Kil'jaeden's Cunning (The mobility this provides overshadows the other two) ==== Glyphs: The only required glyph is: Glyph of Enslave Demon ==== Macros: ----- Pit Lord Enslave Macro /target Pit Lord /cast Enslave Demon /targetlasttarget ----- 250k Heal (Use Sparingly) #showtooltip /cast [target=player]Demonic Siphon ----- Cataclysm Interrupt / Kanrethad only Interrupt /target Kanrethad /cast Charge /targetlasttarget ----- General Interrupt /cast Charge ----- Dispell /cast [@player] Fel Flame Breath ===== Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question! Don't be afraid to ask it, we may be sinister Fel Energy infused sages, who enslave the lesser demonic races, but we take care of our own. (I may turn this into an entire guide, but I figured there were enough guides out there for the general overview, but if you guys want though, I will type out every detail.) Good luck on Kanrethad!Alexzandyr46 Jan 30, 2014
Jan 30, 2014 Which Grimoire for PvP I was wondering what grimoire is best for destro locks in pvp?Kipharvey4 Jan 30, 2014
Jan 30, 2014 Boss Tips? What I'm pretty much asking is if I'm doing things properly or missing out on any tips to maximize my DPS on a fight to fight basis. These are based on Normal Difficulty and I'm asking since I'm preparing for Heroics progression soon and would like to be prepared that I'm atleast doing the bulk of the fights properly. I would GREATLY appreciate any helpful warlock that is willing to read all this or possibly point out any details on fights that I may be missing to help my DPS. When I watch videos there's obviously no commentating on what they're doing on specific parts so I mostly learned as I go. My rotation is ->Potion -> Curse -> Immolate -> Conflag 2x -> DarkSoul/Herb/Berserking/Doomguard -> Incinerate x4 -> 2x Chaos Bolt -> Immolate -> Incinerate to try and build up 1 more Chaos Bolt IF my procs were good else I just use the standard Immolate Refresh -> Conflag on Cooldown -> Incinerates -> Chaos Bolts when I have a proc or 2 saving my 2nd Dark Soul for 2-3 Trink Procs. Immerseus - Normal Opener/Rotation, I use SB on Immerseus but it rewards no Embers but I Havoc/Conflag the oozes so never had a use for the Embers in that phase. Before Immerseus emerges I lay a RoF and continue. Should I use a pet for this fight instead? Protectors - Concentrate on Rook with my Havoc on the next focus target in which I use Immolate and 2 conflags to consume (Should I only use Havoc for Chaos Bolts instead on multi-dotting?) -- I use SB on the adds that spawn alongside Havoc on which ever of the 3 is next to be DPS'd. I keep RoF all times on Sun. I try to build up embers during Suns last Desperate Measure with RoF and Havoc/Incinerate that way I can have alot of SB for the execute phase. Norushen - Lately I've been using my CDs at the start before I go into the realm (as I'm 2nd to get a trial orb) but Is it truly best to save my CDs despite lack of trinket/weapon procs when I come back out of the trial? I also use Havoc on the big adds with a Chaos Bolt and SB snipe all the adds I can. Pride - Normal opener/rotation/cooldowns at start. - RoF/Immolate/Conflag/SB Snipe Reflections sometimes havoc the sha to get some damage but many times adds die so quickly I get off 1 sometimes 2 SBs (therefore not consuming all of Havoc). I havoc the Big add behind us with a Chaos Bolt. I've been debating if I should save my 2nd round of cooldowns (Berserking/Herbalism/Dark Soul) for the 30% phase or just use off cooldown, which I find myself with no Cooldowns during the execute phase if so. Galakras - So confused how to maximize AoE damage here as adds die semi-quick so idk if I should FnB Conflag at start (which it ALWAYS pushes me off FnB) or if I should FnB Immo (which still knocks me off FnB). Should I go Magtheridon talent for this? Iron Jug - Pretty standard - nothing to SB Snipe only "trick" I use is using my gateway just before the knockback so that way I stay in place and then using circle for 2nd knockback. Find myself with mediocre DPS, but from what I see it isn't that swell of a fight for destro. Shaman - I'm always using Havoc to keep dots up, but curious if Havoc should be used with buff Chaos Bolts instead of multidotting with it? Should I just cast Immo on both instead? When the slimes I shadowfury when a good bunch are out I RoF and FnB/Conflag and SB any low ones and use standard Incinerates to kill remaining ones. (Is there a better way of handling the oozes). Execute phase is just Havoc + 3 SB. Nazgrim - Standard opener/rotation cooldowns, havoc nazgrim and Chaos Bolt the Warshaman/Mage - During Defensive does RoF build up his fury or not? When I use it it doesn't appear to, also should I use a pet because of this instead of Sacrifice? Malkorok - Tank and spank it feels using my circle if I get knocked up, nothing really special. Spoils - standard rotation no CDs on the panda boxes but we open the biggest box next which I then use my CDs on .. AoE with RoF FnB/Incinerate/Conflag when multiples up. SB Sniping if can. Thok - Ive managed to get my normal rotation with 2 Chaos bolts out before his first silence afterwards I've found if I interrupt my cast just as he's about to interrupt and then re-queue it again it still casts even when the silence/interrupt goes off (but could just be a latency thing). I Havoc on Thok and SB the guard - I use Kiljaedans for this so I can cast while I'm kiting or to catch up with him. Blackfuse - I'm on the conveyor the even ones, so I start with normal rotation and using my 2nd Dark Soul on my conveyor since I find myself short Embers when my turn comes up for first time. Don't DPS the boss much so I just do simple rotation with sometimes havoc on boss and SB the shredder IF my turn isn't coming up soon. I also use my circle to get off belts quicker. Paragons - My DPS is always lowest on this fight, although Im sure many people are cleaving but I only use Havoc on other target to put Immo/Conflag once and 1 Incinerate for ember generation. I try to keep RoF up. Should I multi dot with FnB Immolate or just cast Immolate 3 times? Is there a certain Paragon body I should pick up? Garrosh - Easily my best DPS fight, the Add phase things melt quickly with RoF and FnB and Havoc the weapons with 3 SB Snipes. In p2 we don't kill weapons but I do havoc Immo/Inc them to build embers. On our first realm trip my Cooldowns are back up so I use them during that part while we DPS Garrosh in it. Then Cooldowns come back up about 20 seconds before 2nd realm. When we come back out its same as last time ignore weapons but this time I havoc the whirling corruption adds with a Chaos bolt to bring 2 adds roughly at 20%. For the MCs I FnB Conflag/Incinerate with RoF and they are removed quickly so I dont need to stun/interrupt. In p3 I still Havoc the adds (but thinking about havocing the MCs instead) and interrupt the MCs. My group hasn't killed him yet (Tank attendance issues) but we should get him this week.Worbig13 Jan 30, 2014
Jan 30, 2014 Need help with green fire. I'm drunk and I've run out of copper, what's the best way to get some more?Calvinball2 Jan 30, 2014
Jan 30, 2014 My first affliction video.... ....as well as the first time I have seriously played the spec since the MoP revamp. Let me know what yall think! Affliction Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plh8HPsemvg My channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealThaenatos I have a whole mess of footage to review/clip/edit so lots more to come! Thanks for watching!Thaenatos7 Jan 30, 2014
Jan 30, 2014 Cosmetic possibilities, So uh new models coming in personally I think a fancy new glyph for demo would be a cool edition say sprouting wings for a flying mount?? Heck I'd take the monk's flying speed that the cloud gets if I could fish in mid air with wings flapping k thx go go blizzard.Uorokku1 Jan 30, 2014
Jan 30, 2014 destro dps help I have some questions from some of you experienced locks. First I read that at 100% mastery rating, sacrifice pet is better than improved pet because pet does not scale with master...is that buffed or unbuffed? I can have about 109% with the mastery buff, should I be sacrificing pet? Also I have the 4 pc 536 ilvel, should i break it for 2 548 ilvl items? I cant find these answers anywhere, thanks for the advice.Meatbola4 Jan 30, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 Demonic Gateway 16: Gleeful Gul'dan ...Icurseyoface499 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 RLS How viable is this comp and how would it go about handling cleave teams more efficiently? Feels like we just get run over by anything with a warrior/hunter/dk on it and they generally come in pairs. Does feel a LITTLE more comfortable and easy to win when I'm not the one being trained but generally the pressure and consistency they pull is much greater than any pressure we can pull. I do believe to have good uptime on DoTs and I do refresh them when I get procs. I do consistently get multiple fears off at the same time with howl and I am quick to peel my allies with fear when need be (though admittedly, it can be difficult to peel a warrior/dk with fears) Is there any advice any of you could possibly give? Perhaps a talent or strategy? We did hit 1750 today which I feel pretty good about but it's getting progressively more difficult to handle these teams and any help would be appreciated.Tyrannaus5 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 Warlock Demons Are Not Enslaved I just read all of the flavor text for the green fire quest, and none of the warlock's permanent pets were enslaved against their will. All of them were summoned and offered a contract for their services. Just saying.Ratsnatcher18 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 destruction warlock question what would be better im going to be doing pve only and solo dungeon runs here are my choice .. human or dwarf female .Janelly2 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 question about green fire looked around for an answer but still cant find one. is blizzard still going to make it obtainable in the future? feel like our green flames wont be as special anymore once every warlock has it.Demnok1 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 Minimum ilevel to solo Alsrazor? I have a lock at a 512 ilevel that i never really play anymore. How hard is it to solo alsrazor at that level? Im sure aff with sac pet would work fine im just worried about the 2 adds that spawn below as i will lose my flying debuff at some point.Flarestorm4 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 Seems like affliction is not viable for 2 dps So I just dinged 90 about a week ago and spent a good deal of time getting tyrannical gear. The grind was painful being very squishy and having almost no honorable kills. I found that as affliction with !@#$ty gear, all I could really do was spam fear on healers to make myself useful. Now I have been queing for arenas, and so far out of 30 games have only won a single game. I did alot of pvp with other classes (warrior, dk, enhancement shaman) and have never had this problem usually winning once every 5 or 6 games at low tier pvp in 2s. So is affliction viable for double dps, cause right now it seems like the worst spec i have ever played.Gogue9 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 What has good synergy with a Warlock? I've been playing WoW for a while now, and I've been lucky enough to play with my best friend. He's a Destro Warlock these days, and really enjoys what he does with it. I've been trying to search around looking for a class that has great synergy with Destruction. I'm looking at this from a PvP and I guess "solo" PvE content. We like queing into BGs and doing RBGs as well as mess around in 2s for points. We have been thinking about trying to get 3s going as well. So far, I've read that Frost Mages, Rogues, Resto Druids, and Resto Shamans work well with them. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance and opinions from the players that know their class best.Warlocklock5 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 Should I Be Beating Chain Lightning Spam? I am leveling with a friend that is Elemental. We have always been very competitive. In dungeons on trash packs he does very well with chain lighting spam. What spec/play style is best to compete with that: short lived trash packs. This is solely for chest thumping rights between friends. I know 5 mans and trash packs are meaningless in the bigger scheme of things. Thanks for any tips..... also when/if I do destroy him on the damage meters I need some good Lock smack talk! Give me your best!Cinder13 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 Destro Stat Priority for PVP. Please Help! I just started gearing up my Destro Warlock so I am still trying to get the hang of things. I have been doing a lot of reading on how to reforge my gear, but none of the information that I've come across has been consistent. I use Reforge Lite to reforge (is there another reforging add-on that works better?), and it tells me stat priority: Hit (6%)> Mastery > Haste > Crit, but I have been reading that Haste should be last and it should be Hit (6%) > Mastery > Crit > Haste. I am stacking Mastery as much as I can with gems and so forth. The more I read, the more confused I become, so I am hoping I can a straight answer from some experienced Warlock players. Thanks in advance! :)Sowen15 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 Can someone explain the minions Or send a link that explains the usefulness of each minion.Süffering14 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 Little dumb question concerning haste... Alright here's the question: Do I NEED 5.2k haste as Destro? This other warlock SWORE I needed it and he really did sound convinced.... I'm a 555 destro lock and I never needed it. Should I get it and why?Jeeve12 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 All Warlock Wargames! Putting together a group for some all warlock wargames! Forming group right now, will be doing this a good bit in the following days and might even start doing it all the time depending how it turns out Come have some fun and laughs with us Bleezy#1424 <--------- add me and whisper for an inviteSlappah10 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 Looking for 2 really old WoW videos. Help! Good morning, fellow warlocks! I was wondering if any old-timers here might be able to help me out. I'm looking for two old WoW-related videos that I haven't been able to find. The first is an old warlock pvp video from vanilla. It was of a human female warlock, I believe, and was in the style of an instructional / "how to" video, exhibiting various tricks and techniques. The song that played in the background most prominently was "Black Diamond" by Stratovarius. I think it was a fairly popular video back in the day. Nowhere near as well-known as Drakedog, but not obscure either. Unfortunately I can't remember the character name, realm, or any other details for the life of me, and it's driving me nuts. :( The other is not really warlock-related, but it was a video of this college-age guy with mild facial hair, glasses (I think), a stoner look, and a slow drawl, rambling on about world of warcraft. The premise was him explaining why WoW was such a good game, but he did this by saying incredibly vapid/stupid stuff like "The world of warcraft is just great because it... it brings war.... it brings war, into the world." And just rambled on and on like that. It had a fairly large number of hits on Youtube and I think the guy had other videos as well. Anyway, if either of these videos rings a bell, please let me know if they're still out there and how to find them.Irini10 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 Destro 4 set is being the dookie Is anyone else having issues with this set bonus? It's as if it wont work if I gain embers at a rapid rate. or does the set have an ICD of some sort? I'm at a loss.Wis43 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 Feel like I should be doing more DPS Hey, I am currently feeling like I should be doing more dps in my raid. I play a Destruction Warlock named Epocstnelis on Stormrage-Alliance US as my main spec. Even my single target fights such as normal mode Juggernaut and normal mode Malkorok seem weak to me. Keep in mine we just put this guild together and started raiding heroics 2 1/2 weeks ago, so we are still progressing and learning the heroic fights mostly. On heroic Galkaras I am assigned to a tower engineer so I try to save my burst to get the tower grunts down quick, which is part of the reason I feel my dps is low on that fight in particular. I also seem to have trouble havoicing Shadowburns like I know I should be on adds in add fights like galkaras because the adds go from 20% to dead extremely fast. Also, I do line up my chaos bolts and dark soul with trinkets whenever possible! Any help on single target and cleave fights would be greatly appreciated! Also, I have trouble AoEing the adds on dark shamans because our damn hunter and ele shaman get them so quickly! I will post links to World of Logs, armory, and wow-heroes below. Thanks again! wow-heroes http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Stormrage/Epocstnelis/ WoW Armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Stormrage/Epocstnelis/advanced World of Logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/308035/ http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/308392/ Thanks again for any help!Epocstnelis1 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 Opinions on HoT glyphs? Specifically on the ember trap glyph, and health stone glyph? I've always personally preferred the instant return from the direct heal. I could see where a phase of raid wide damage could add onto another healer, but wouldn't it be better to just wait till you're low and pop a stone? I've always kind of played as embertap/healthstone being my "oh !@#$" buttons anyway, so maybe I'm just a baddie.Recklessfear3 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 29, 2014 Why does Destro do so much more dps So i'm at ilvl 521 ( i know not much ) and I've been testing the other specs against my destro spec/ looking at all the top player and raid charts. It seems like Destro is leaps and bounds ahead of the other two specs. Is this because of the buffs ? Maybe it's my gear ? Idk it just seems so unbalanced. If you have any explanation please let me know :)Osirîs53 Jan 29, 2014
Jan 28, 2014 GRAIN FAR Hey guise I'm starting a topic on green fire because this is the warlock forums and that's all we do here. It'll be up to you locks to decide on whether it'll become a: post the ilvl you did it at minus 15 and the number of attempts minus 20 or a post how faceroll it is because you're in heroic SoO gear and didn't make it to the first felhunter phase or a whine about felhunters Type of thread. Or (and I'd be most satisfied): Let this and all other green fire threads fade into the void, save for one locked sticky with http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Kanrethad+guideSatanya7 Jan 28, 2014
Jan 28, 2014 Purified Bindings of Immerseus Cooldown This trinket has a cooldown of 115 seconds. So to my thinking that means once it goes off, it has 115 seconds before it can proc again. But I'm using Weak Auras to track this proc, and using a timmer, so that when the proc ends, a timer for 115 seconds starts. Only the trinket keeps proc'ing before the timer is done. Even when I subtract the duration (20 seconds - as I thought "hu okay, maybe as soon as it procs and cooldown starts) it still procs early. Does Haste affect cooldowns on trinkets? Or is there something wrong with the timer I'm using, or is there something glitched with this trinket? Any other locks noticing this?Azrayel18 Jan 28, 2014
Jan 28, 2014 CANT GET BACK IN THE TEMPLE ON FINAL STAGE. ok so i went to the ah after completing everything but the final boss i figured i could just port back in. Jubeka's mark is still on the door when i click and hit enter temple nothing happens. What do i do ?Fernice7 Jan 28, 2014
Jan 28, 2014 destruction panic macro help i'm trying to create a panic button that would use blood horror, shadow bulwark, ember tap, and then use a healthstone charge but the one i made only uses blood horror /castsequence Blood Horror, shadow bulwark, Ember Tap, Unending Resolve i don't even know how to put the healthstone in there, any help would be nice.Krestanas11 Jan 28, 2014
Jan 28, 2014 Been meaning to ask this Why does your demon tv look like a flasher? Seriously, when I see it , I keep thinking this: http://abovethelaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/flasher.jpgConser0 Jan 28, 2014