Warlock

Jul 25, 2013 Challenge Mode Gearing Help Hey, so basically the title. I've done 9/9 on my shaman (gold) and want the gear on my warlock. It's been awhile since I've touched demo PVE or PVP really, so I am unsure to what is reccomended best for cmodes in terms of stats. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.Havocxyo2 Jul 25, 2013
Jul 25, 2013 Warlock Forum Gods: Noxx vs Reality (DPS) Warlock forum gods: I ask for a reality check. My toon is ilvl 512 and gemmed/enchanted mostly from general advice of Noxx/Icy and the reforger add-on. As I LFR, Target Dummy, or conduct any brawler fights - I have noticed my DPS ranges anywhere from 80k - 100k (spiking up to 115k on some fights with boss debuffs and/or lots of little adds for my Rain of Fire can spam). The target dummy at the Shrine of Two Moons - I hit 75-80k DPS, realizing that the health doesn't drop and I cannot shadow burn. When looking at the Noxx DPS for ilvl 502 - I should be at 119k. I guess some of this is theory craft, but how much? Am I fundamentally missing something here? I hope it is an easy rotation thing, as I can fix that. Yet, I think I am pretty confident that my rotation follows the standard prioritization: - Curse of Elements on Boss - Immolate - Rain of Fire (clipping at the 1 second to 0 mark) - Conflagorate once - Incinerate x3 - Conflagorate again - Chaos Bolt On this rotation, I usually have a few embers up. I then burn them down via Chaos Bolt. I normally keep 1 burning ember up until the boss is less than 20%, then I use all embers with Shadow Burn. I fire off a Chaos Bolt at every 2nd full ember, while maintaining the priority of Immolate / Rain of Fire. I will occasionally pop in a Conflagorate and use Chaos Bolt vs. Incinerate if I have full embers (without worries on Mana). From a CD perspective, I pop Dark Soul once I get the initial 3 or so embers up to use with Chaos Bolts and keeping up Rain of Fire and Immolate. Depending on the fight, I also pop the Summon demon spell. The rotation seems to go pretty smooth, and I rarely miss a Rain of Fire or immolate. I just feel like I am missing something. For example, in the stat priority - I have been stacking haste. It seems like there should be some level of diminishing returns here? I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.Nekcrosis4 Jul 25, 2013
Jul 25, 2013 Gateway and Faded So I just want to get this straight, mostly so I don't end up telling un-truths to my guildmates. When you use a Gateway, it gives you a debuff for 15 seconds. While this debuff is there, you cannot use the Gateway. But how does the 'mobs prefer other targets' thing work? Does using a Gateway cause an aggro dump? Do you generate less threat while Faded? Do the mobs ignore you from the aggro list so long as they have another target, and will turn back to you after it wears off if you are still on top for aggro? And what kind of things causes the Gateway to despawn? Obviously the warlock dying, or the 15 minutes running out, but what else? Does it have a maximum number of uses before it despawns? How far away do you have to move?Trekhar0 Jul 25, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 UVLS as affliction? Icy Veins is telling me this is BiS, so should I even save VP for the 522 shadopan trinket or just roll with Wush's and UVLS?Recklessfear12 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 What spec while leveling? Leveling a warlock recently and i'm in the mid 40s playing as demonology it's pretty fun. I'm jw if anybody else has input on what spec is enjoyable for leveling/questing/dungeons.Ritalynn1 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Which SpellFlash Bitten's or just Mage-Spellflash? Does anyone notice a difference?Cakebread4 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Help me be a better Warlock So I had to sub sunday night in my guilds Heroic Raid group for Iron Qon and Twins. We didn't do Heroic Animus because we had to replace 3 people. anyways, compared to the other dps in the raid, I couldn't pull more than 86k on these fights, and I felt generally useless. I've decided to try to get better. I have asked for help on spec choice, stat priorities, casting, but no matter where I go, I seem to get different answers. "You should go crit if you are destro" "No that's wrong, you should do Haste/Mastery" So I'm lookin' to the warlock community to help me out, and I hope you can. I wasn't really much into raiding with my warlock until this happened, and now I wanna get into my guilds casual raid group to soak up some of their gear. Please help me out. Anything that I can read would be appreciated.Haliel4 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Green Fire woes Can't for the life of me get passed the FIRST felhunter phase.. I really want my green fire but its pretty discouraging to have wiped about 30 times now. I've looked up strats/tactics and nothing is working. I have to do this before 5.4 or else literally all hope is gone for me getting green fire.Azràél18 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Destro pvp help. Would any love to hear anything you guys got that could help. What should my gems be like? My talents, enchants, anything would be great.Wizbiz3 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Getting back into wow... Hey guys, so I was an avid pvper from vanilla through WoTLK and had a warlock main. I'm just now getting back into the game and am curious as to the current state of warlock pvp. Please don't give me a !@#$%fest because you are undergeared or something like that, just tell me how warlocks are faring nowadays.Milfshaker1 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Pvp ? I just hit lvl 63 and really enjoy locks to this point. My question is I do like pvp but dont really have much fun as of yet if I cant stand back and free cast which is not often I just get destroyed does the suviveabilty improve later on?..Phantem0 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Affliction lock changes suck. You know, why does blizz have to change the affliction playstyle from channel based damage that accentuates dots to big nuke damage via haunt? If I wanted to launch chaos bolts i would be playing destruction. This change will almost certainly make affliction destro light. If pvp interrupts of channels was the impetus then they could have made only the initial second interruptible and voila channeled spells are just as viable. But apparently affliciton should be a another non mobile nuke platform.Kissmystaff19 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Help with Demo/Aff (logs included) Hello! I'm struggling with dps as demonology and affliction, I've reached out to other websites like mmo-champion for help and haven't received a response, so here I am. This is my character: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Shilane/simple Here are some logs with demo and aff: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ohalifv0h4nijv3s/sum/damageDone/?enc=kills http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5v8rqcfur2r6ut3x/sum/damageDone/?enc=kills I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, askmrrobot shows me doing about 188k dps. I wish I could simcraft but it just crashes every time I try that anyway. I will appreciate any help / conscructive criticism that you can offer, thank you!Shilane10 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Pvp Trinket help :) I've been using the Tyrannical Gladiator's Badge of Dominance for a while, but i found out about the Shock-Charger Medallion and im kind of like idk about this :s -4% dmg lost seems pretty large to me and the 5sec less duration is going to suck when my burst is cc'ed. -More burst dmg is nice and with a passive bonus that i can reforge the shock seems better. But im still unsure... (btw im destro 90% of the time in pvp)Árcànê4 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Trinket question Gonna try out demo tonight. I am normally always Destro/affliction. As you see equipped I have the 502 uvls. Is that gonna be better than my 530 Wooshlay's?Greener4 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Macro help Ok so working on heroic animus. I am completely inept when it comes to macros. Kinda hoping someone could help me out. I am looking for something that will target another raid members small golem. Everyone has a small golem and I need it to be a specific raid members golem. For the sake of this macro lets call the raid member "Bill" So I need to target bills golem as quickly as possible Thank DragonalaDragonala7 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Has Demo beaten Destro in 5.4? I was wondering which spec to go with into 5.4 for my warlock demo or destro i was told destro was in a huge disadvantage because of the change to KJC but they reversed that i believe or at least changed a little, back to some what of its former glory was. So basically i just don't know if Destro is still viable in 5.4.Aeyvinisa2 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Just Dinged 90 on the warlock and... I'm a bit at a loss as to what Grimoire I want to use. I'm set on playing destro for PvE and aff for PvP and after reading The Black Harvest Compilation (thought maybe outdated?!) kinda am leaning towards GoSac for Aff and GoSup for Destro. Is this my best choice?Demoninferni7 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Need help. I need any tips you guys got for destro pvp. I just feel lacking compared to other warlocks. This is my only caster class all my others are melee(enh shaman, ww monk, rogue) So let me have it guys tell what I should be doing and shouldn't.Wizbiz0 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Destro or Demo Pvp (Stat priority) Soo I have a lot of mastery for Destro, but i want to play Demo will mastery work or do I need to reforge/regem to crit? Also what talents do you guys recommend for demoDarmonic1 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Warriock I'm a Warriock, I hit people with warrior abilities but my mind does insane mental gymnastics where I actually believe I'm a Destro specced Warrior that can use a shaman's ancestral spirit to move around and cast my metal-spells. Is there any way I can stop this madness? I even changed all my abilities into macros that have warlock icons :[ maybe I can fit in and be a warlock like you guys! I want a dreadsteed :[Koruun7 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 'Warlocks can't tank because they wear cloth' I don't understand this argument. Warlocks WOULDN'T be taking in cloth. They'd be tanking in DEMON SKIN AND NETHER PLATING. If anything, it makes more sense for a demonology warlock to tank than it does for a warrior. Seriously, go around asking people on the streets this- 'Who do you think could take a hit easier? A guy in a suit of armor with a shield, or a giant demon with muscles that are roughly the size of the guy in a suit of armor?' I mean for the love of god, this argument is just so baffling to me when I look at some of the classes that can tank. Warriors are so baseline that really anything with magical skill should be able to overcome them. Druid bear form? Really? Bears can stand up to bosses but demons can't? Death knights don't even use a shield, but at least one could argue that they're undead, and thus don't suffer from pain as much. Paladins seem to make the most sense to me considering they're warriors with holy power fueling them. In reality shooting down warlock tanks is probably because of PvP, which just drives me mad because PvP has ruined so many things in this game already that it's made me hate participating in it. PvP is why we can't have nice things, as far as I'm concerned. And no, I didn't roll a Warlock to DPS. I didn't roll a Warlock as a vacation from hybrid classes. I rolled a Warlock because of the lore, and I wanted a character who could transform into a demon. And god help me I'm going to try to tank in MoP even if it kills me. And it probably will, multiple times.Kraix18 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 If i go Druid? If i roll a druid i would most likely want to be Horde but i already have a (Sucky) LvL 40 Night elf. So my choices are Stick with my Nelf or go Tauren or Troll?Pahlehvan6 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 I don't know which items to use. (destro) ToT dropped two gloves for me- Lightningweaver Gauntlets Lifedrainer's Sordid Grip I have these ones right now- Sha-Skin Gloves I have the 2 piece bonus to that, so I don't even know if it's worth replacing. If it is worth replacing, which do I replace it with? I know the first has mastery straight up, but the second has two sockets so I don't really know.Ahikarae2 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Better Burst - Warlock or Mage? Destruction/Demo vs Fire/Frost Mage in both solo and group play.. Who brings more burst to the table? Which class can dish out the most hurt the easiest? I like seeing big numbers Which has the least amount of trouble with other classes?Burind1 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Low level warlock demo pvp.... Ok so im trying out demo warlock for the first time at pvp. Stationary deathtrap is what im calling this fail class at low level. 10-14 bracket. Please someone save me from throwing this class in the trash. By the time I get off two moves im already dead or have been dead. Very unreliable class compared to other classes at the same level. Very depressing. Should I keep trying? Switch specs? Good feedback needed pls!Domíníon1 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Glyph request! Glyph of Altered Supremacy So, just read over the patch notes and read that priests get a MINOR glyph that makes them switch appearences with the target for however many seconds and my first thought was 'Gee that would get kind of annoying in big Bg battles.' but then! It struck me what I wanted! Maybe some of you like me, enjoy the vanilla warlock pets more than the new set for Supremacy, the felhound was awesome and the Felguard was a bro. So maybe a glyph should be requested as a minor that makes your supremacy pets LOOK like the Vanilla counterparts. I'm sure some complaints would come out about it being confusing to tell what Grimoire a lock is running, but hey, we deserve it don't we?Fraen10 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Dustruction Viable - PvP Is Destruction viable in PvP at the moment? Or do i need to switch to Affliction?Feather2 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Ritual of Solo Summoning??? I know that this is a touchy subject for a lot of locks out there, but i just wanted to give my opinion on the matter. I have had this character for about 2 years now. I only pvp, I never even do heroics anymore. I love world pvp although it is rare these days. Yesterday I got into a fight in Arathi Highlands with a DK who i eventually killed. Being a good sport I let him get his health up and everything before we fought again. We fought about 3 times and then on the third fight he, a hunter, and a mage jumped me. I asked my mage friend for help and he began to make his way out to me. By the time he had gotten out there it was us two against about 7 hordies. I began to ask guild mates for help and i got about ten people together. They were all over azeroth. some in SW some in Gadgetzan, these people were all over the place. And while they were trying to get to us, me and my mage buddy were constantly getting jumped. I dont mind being jumped, it comes with the territory of being on a pvp realm. But what I found infuriating was that I had to wait sooo long for assistance from my guild mates. RoS is not just for "porting someone back into a raid when they need to reforge" it has other uses as well. It would have been amazing to be able to Summon some one by my self. It is so annoying to have to wait for people to assist me in summoning. Mages need no assistance for their portals or teleports. DKs and Druids, and Shamans don't need assistance for their travel spells either. It just seems a little unfair imo. I know there is a big difference between bringing some one some place and sending someone but cmon, I have literally used this spell maybe like 3 times since I have had this lock. Am I really not powerful enough to summon other people alone? I who can summon infernals, doom guards, multiple imps, soul wells, and fire from the sky cannot summon one person alone.... I know that making it so only one person is needed to summon would make some people QQ but cmon, i would really like to feel useful for something other than my damage. If you want to summon a whole raid you could just use the summoning stone, that'e what it is there for, but blizz could like let locks summon alone but just make it like a 3-4 people cap. If the entire raid needs to go reforge at the same time, then you probably aren't in a good group to begin with.Bellatrxx7 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Up-to-date Warlock guides? As the title says, anyone know of any up to date warlock guides? Specifically looking for demo + aff. I don't know if the aff sticky is up to date as it was last updated months ago, and I don't like Icy Veins suggestion of going all out into haste. I know there are breakpoints, just not sure which ones are worth hitting before going into mastery. I also don't like their suggestion for demo: haste until doom breakpoint, then into crit. Tried reforging my gear and testing and it seems like 3036 haste (+5% spell haste) > mastery works better. For demo, is it worth going for the extra doom tick(s) even without UVLS? And is mastery better than crit? I'm assuming haste gets much better once I get UVLS. If anyone can give me any advice or point me to an accurate guide, I'd much appreciate it. (My armory is not a good representation of what I've been doing. My reforges/gems have gotten screwed up with all the changes and I'd rather not waste any more gold until I know what I'm doing.)Orthes4 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Newbie Warlock pet question I noticed that my pets like to use their abilities less often the lower their energy is... why does this happen, and is there any way to somehow bypass it?Amiekins6 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 locks in 5.4 Need fel armor 15% reduction back, ur forcing us to take soul link without it, BUT you could make glyph of undending resolve lower cd to 1min, and that would help a LOT. cuz with soul link we only have 2 defensive cooldowns, dark regen 2 min cd, and undending resolve 3 min cd so basically locks in 5.4 our a 5% damage reduction buff WITHOUT sac pact... so it's actually a defensive nerf..... we have very low survivability as it is in 5.4.... need survivability buff. Either make glyph of undending resolve 1 min cd, or bring back fel armor 15% reduced damage other then that great changes!Ferfykins2 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Help with TellMeWhen for UVLS I'm attempting to setup TellMeWhen for UVLS, but I'm not tech savvy and I can't find an easy guide for it. Help please?Moomba2 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Destro PvP in 5.4? Hello Fellow warlocks, This is a question to all warlocks that do arena, but mostly aimed towards Destro/Demo Locks, do you think that we will be nearly forced into switching to affliction with all the buffs in 5.4? At the moment, in the patch notes, destro itself is not being touched, and Demo is getting minor changes, yet affliction dots are being buffed through the roof. I'm just curious on what you all will be playing in 5.4 and if you guys think Destro/Demo will still exist in arena next patch.Awdacity9 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 warlocks are boring and too easy to play as the title says. i only pvp and i find too easy no skills dropping 20 blowing kills hahaha is a joke how easy to play a warlock you only press two things lol. and to anybody who thinks there good hahah youre a jokeEzxp28 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 WOOT !! Dest nerf makes me /smile !!!! Mainly because the only lock spec I will ever play is Afflic. With the Dest nerf it may make Afflic the more viable PvP spec. With that being said how is afflict looking for PvP in 5.4? ThanksSmileÿ19 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Afflic haste break points? I can't really seem to find a straight answer as far as when to stop going for haste and dumping into mastery. I know 4717, and 6637, but when do I stop and switch to mastery after that?Recklessfear2 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Fel Fire help So after about 20 wipes I am mentally drained from this fight. I can sometimes get to the 2nd fel hunter stage, however usually I'll make a mistake where the fel hunters line of sight hits my pit lord. Is it my gear that is holding me back? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.Avënger35 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Shouldnt my dps be higher? Hi all. Link to my armory below. Any advice/tips will help. I get about 83k dps on those raid dummies and feel like it should be higher. In ToT it's about 90k but thats buffed. Also thats all without my cooldowns which i don't count because i want consistent dps over 100k which i dont think is too hard with 514 ilvl. When i pop cooldowns i get decently over 100k but then it mellows back out and drops to 80-90k. Not really picky about what spec to be just want to be where i should be on the dps meters. Any ideas or am i wrong that my dps should be higher? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Smalldots/simpleSmalldots7 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Confused about haste and gearing, demo pve 524 item level, 4 peice with head meta gem. No legendary cloak and probably won't ever get it, at least not anytime soon. What haste break point should I be gearing for at this item level. This is my alt so I imagine I won't be getting heroic gear and not much else to upgrade unless I can upgrade my lfr items to normal versions. So assuming I'm about as geared as I'm going to get what would you aim for? ThanksLossus1 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 affliction nerf or buff??? k here: the DoTs getting 10% damage buff that's 30% total damage buff once all 3 Dots are on. MG getting 30% nerf so really if we just put DoTs up and don' use MG it should be the same damage right? and MG will still make DoTs do more damage so I don't see how this can be a nerf but I could be wrong and would like to see some insight from people on this.Stexy2 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Getting legendary meta gem So which spec will benefit me more, demonology or affliction. Both are tough to master so I just need to pick one. I have the lol LFR UVLS trinket lol. Which spec has the higher DPS?Teepayne1 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Baby lock need helpz! Hi Just rolled a warlock few weeks ago. First lock ever. As per popular suggestions I went with Destruction. I think I have the default rotation correct: Immolate, Conflagrate x2, Incinerate. Only curse I have is called Enfeeblement. Seems useless in dungeons (as per tooltip). I seem to be pulling around 250-280 dps/sec in dungeons, which I think is decent for my level. I have Affdots addon to track my spell/dot timers. Is there anything I need to do at this level. Also if anyone could inspect my gear and offer any enchants I am missing. Thanks in advance.Lexcyqt5 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Glyph of Curse of the Elements "Glyph of Dark Soul has been replaced by Glyph of Curse of the Elements. Glyph of Curse of the Elements causes Curse of the Elements to hit 2 additional nearby targets." Seriously? This is the best you guys can come up with?Cyraingar12 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Is KJC getting nerfed 100% ? Should i switch out KJC for something else before I start getting into bad habits with it? How bad is the nerf going to be any details?Cascoh13 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Spell bug I just got my green fire recently and now my spells are bugged. I can barely see my incinerates and rofs. They barely show up on my screen and I'm having trouble seeing em. Anyone else having this problem?Complacive5 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Is Mastery Useful ? Ive been reading up lately that mastery is terrible for Affliction and does nothing? Am I just reading bullsh*t? This game is hot and cold when it comes to stats and facts *facepalm*Cascoh5 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Are they removing petless as an option? I'd like to know this before I bother leveling up a warlock...I love the feel of the class, and even love the demons for destruction and demonology, but affliction feels so odd having to rely on a pet...when the feel I get is they are heartless, killing their targets in a slow painful fashion, not someone who would be seen with a companion...demonic slave or not... TL;DR Is GoSac being removed to anyone's knowledge?Keaitun20 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 An Idea for Warlocks (yay pets!) So while playing destruction, I thought about how we used to use imps all the time. I miss that - he was funny and had wonderful sayings when summoned, attacking, etc. This got me thinking; and in turn looking at the glyph of imp swarm. What if this glyph was made a baseline cooldown for all warlock specs - similar to a hunter's stampede? It would add a small dps cooldown for us (aside from DS, the only real one we have), and help push us back into being a "pet class". To keep it from simply having imps blast a target, a small resource regen could be tied to it. For example, as a destruction lock every other felbolt could generate an ember (total of 2.5 embers across all imps) and for affliction something like attacks will generate a total of 2 soul shards at random times during their duration. To be able to call 5 imps to bombard my target as any spec? That sounds sweet. Could this / should this be added? I don't see it being game breaking, adding too much damage (if it did it could always be tuned) and would honestly make us a bit more of that "pet class" the devs seem to be after. Even if the whole secondary resource was ignored, I imagine this would in the very least be a fun ability to use. Thoughts, concerns?Garretteagle12 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Soul link coming back again ? Played since vanilla looks like they old drain tank soul link is coming back....Now all we need is mana drain....=P Least you guys are going to put some use back into soul link..Wonder if we are going to die if the pet dies still. That never happened back in vanilla or anytime after when SL was viable sucks to die if your pet does.Ikonics1 Jul 23, 2013