Warrior

Sep 26 Overpowering Foes: Arms PVE 8.0 A quick thank you to Archimtiros, Warriorsari, Corejo, and all of the Warriors of the Legion Alpha/Beta. Your hard work and dedication is testament to the warrior Community. Introduction: Hello my name is Curoar (think of it like que-roar) and I’m here to help new players as well as veteran players get a firm understanding of what's happening to Arms in 8.0 in terms of PVE. I’ve been writing this guide since Mists of Pandaria, and hope to continue updating this guide all throughout Battle for Azeroth. There hasn’t been a huge shift in playstyle, but a lot of quality of life changes have occurred for Arms in PVE. If you have any suggestions to add to the guide please leave it in comments and I’ll come back and check it every now and then. PLEASE NOTE! Despite 8.0, launching this guide will be constantly updated and changed based on inevitable balance changes Blizzard will make. During this time stat-weights, talents, consumables, and enchants are all subject to change. Table of Contents: I. Wait?! What happened to the spec?: Changes from 7.3.5. to 8.0 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765707002#post-1 II. Simming Your Characer https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765707002#post-1 III. Stat Priority https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765707002#post-1 IV. Gems, Enchants, and Consumables https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765707002#post-1 V. Races https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765707002#post-2 VI. Talents https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765707002#post-2 VII. Azerite Abilities https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765707002#post-3 VIII. Rotation Priority and Cooldowns https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765707002#post-3 IX. FAQs https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765707002#post-3 I. Wait?! What happened to the spec?: Changes from 7.35 to 8.0 Arms has had quite a few ability changes, but for the most part these abilities take the place of other abilities previously in our rotation. We have pretty much a zero net gain on our abilities, so nothing too much should be changing. Battle Cry/Recklessness removed Cleave removed Mastery changed. Mastery is now Deep Wounds. Striking an enemy with Mortal Strike, Cleave, Execute, Ravager or Bladestorm inflicts deep wounds, causing the enemy to bleed for (53.82% of attack power) over 3 seconds. Overpower is no longer a talent is now a baseline ability. Overpower no longer has an increased critical strike chance. Overpower increases the damage of your next Mortal strike by 30%, stacking up to 2 times. Colossus Smash has changed. Colossus Smash now increases the damage you deal to the target by 30%. 45 Second Cooldown. Sweeping Strikes is no longer a talent and is now a baseline ability. Sweeping Strikes (For 10 seconds your single-target damaging abilities hit 1 additional target within 8 yards for 80% damage.) New Passive Seasoned Soldier (Your auto attack critical strikes generate 30% more rage.) Battle Shout has returned to the Warrior kit, and now increases the attack power of all raid and party members by 10%.That’s a lot! Don’t worry we’ll go into more detail below! II. Simming your Character In the past simming (What gear and talents affect your DPS in the best way possible) your character was something that was often awkward (Anyone remember TBC spreadsheets? Curoar remembers), and at times confusing and intimidating for players. However that is in the past, and today it much easier to understand. Raidbots.com allows for easy to understand simulation for your characters. As such whenever you obtain a new piece of gear or are curious about how a talent will interact with your character, you should probably sim it to make sure your getting the maximum benefit. Whenever changing anything, make sure you check and sim your character. III. Stat Priorities With the removal of Stromkar (I’ll miss you buddy) and Battle Cry, a lot of our passive critical strike has been removed from the spec. Add in the addition of the Seasoned Soldier passive, our stat priority shifts dramatically, then what it was in Legion. This means gear with critical strike, will now be very good for us instead of going right into the trash can. The stat priorities for Arms as of the 8.0 Pre-Patch is as follows... Haste to 23% > Crit > Strength > Haste > Versatility > Mastery Haste: Haste improves how quickly we attack with our main hand weapon, as well as reduces the cooldown of Mortal Strike and our Global Cooldown. This means we generate rage faster and use our signature abilities more frequently. Haste has become a far more important stat than in the past due to the GCD reduction and the fact that almost all of our abilities interact with Tactician. More abilities, more tactician resets. We'll want to get to the haste soft cap (20%, but we say 23% for human error) in order to fit another GCD into Colossus Smash. Super important for damage. Past that, Haste becomes less powerful and we look to other stats. Critical Strike: Ah, I’ve missed you buddy. Critical Strike is now again a very powerful and potent stat for Arms. Allowing us to generate additional rage off our Auto-Attacks, while also just making big numbers. And who doesn’t love big numbers? Versatility: Versatility is a stat that increases your damage, healing and absorption done. It also and reduces the damage you take by half the amount of the damage increased. This is a solid stat as its a flat damage boost to everything we do, as well as improves our survivability in raids. Mastery at the moment is listed as our last stat priority due to to a few reasons. Despite the massive buff it recently received, it it's still not a stat we want to go out of our way for. Mastery is a little less than Versatility in our stat priority. III. Gems, Enchants, and Consumables Gems Gems: Quick Owl's Eye (Deadly Amber Blaze if you have more than 23% Haste) Gems are the Same as in Legion. The sockets only appear randomly on gear from drops, and you can only gem once for Primary stats, and the rest must be secondary stats. You should use the following gems below. Enchants: Weapon Enchant: Quick Navigation (Deadly Navigation if you managed to have more than 23% Haste) Rings: Pact of Haste (Pact of Crit if you have more than 23% Haste) Consumables: A good player is always prepared for raids so make sure you have these items if you wish to maximize your DPS. Food - Bountiful Captain’s Feast Flasks - Flask of the Undertow Potion - Battle Potion of Strength Pre-potting is something that’s existed since WotLK when blizzard changed the cooldowns for potions. It’s advised you pop a potion right as you begin an encounter and then use another potion somewhere over the course of the fight (Hopefully once your cooldowns are up again). This is vital when you’re pushing progression fights.Curoar42 Sep 26
Jul 16 The Might of Stromkar: Arms PVE 7.3.5 A quick thank you to Archimtiros, Warriorsari, Artunias, and all of the Warriors of the Legion Alpha/Beta. Your hard work and dedication is testament to the warrior Community. Introduction: Hello my name is Curoar (think of it like que-roar) and I’m here to help new players as well as veteran players get a firm understanding of what's happening to Arms in 7.2.5 in terms of PVE. As with every other class and spec, in Legion everyone has had significant changes and their spec and abilities. We’ll start by discussing those, before jumping into the meat of things. If you have any suggestions to add to the guide please leave it in comments and I’ll come back and check it every now and then. PLEASE NOTE! This guide will be constantly updated and changed based on inevitable balance changes Blizzard will make. During this time stat-weights, talents, consumables, and enchants are all subject to change. Updated 3/25/17: Updated the guide for Patch 7.2. Good luck on the Broken Shore! Updated 1/10/17: Added comments on chages add in 7.1.5, primarilly focused at towards talent changes. Updated 10/23/16: Updated the guide's Single Target Rotation with Focused Rage, as well as added a Execute Phase guide, and a few Commonly Asked Questions. Table of Contents: I. Wait?! What happened to the spec?: Changes from 7.2.5 to 7.3.5 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#1 II. Stat Priorities http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#2 III. Gems, Enchants, and Consumables http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#2 IV. Races http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#2 V. Talents http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#3 VI. Artifact Traits and Paths http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#4 VII. Rotation Priority and Cooldowns http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#4 VII. Legendaries http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#5 IX. FAQs http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#5 I. Wait?! What happened to the spec?: Changes from 7.2.5 to 7.3.5 Actually nothing. Our spec received no PVE related changes in 7.3.5. Arms had considerable changes going into 7.2.5. In case you don't know what changed here's what happened in 7.2.5 with the spec. The following changes have been made to the spec in 7.2.5... All abilities damage increased by 10%, in addition to any damage changes be low. Auto-attack rage generation increased by 10%. Critical strike auto-attacks now generate 30% bonus Rage (was 50%). The effect of Mastery has been reduced by 20%. Anger Management now spends 20 Rage per 1 second of cooldown reduction (was 10 Rage per 1 second), and now also reduces the cooldown of Bladestorm. Cleave damage increased by 20%. Colossus Smash cooldown reduced to 20 seconds (was 30 seconds), and damage increased by 10%. Dauntless cost reduction is now 10% (was 20%). Deadly Calm now reduces Rage costs during Battle Cry by 75% (was 100%). Execute damage increased by 25%. If the target does not die, 30% of the Rage spent on Execute is refunded. Fervor of Battle is now moved to Level 75. Fervor of Battle damage bonus increased to 80% (was 45%). Focused Rage is now moved to Level 90. Focused Rage now costs 20 Rage (was 15 Rage). In For The Kill is now moved to Level 90, passively causes Colossus Smash to grant you 10% Haste for 8 seconds. In For The Kill now refunds 40 Rage (was 30 Rage). Mortal Strike damage increased by 20%. Opportunity Strikes now causes your extra attacks to generate 5 Rage, with a 0.5 second internal cooldown. Overpower no longer costs Rage, no longer procs from auto-attacks, and may not proc itself. Precise Strikes (Artifact trait) now causes Colossus Smash to increase the critical strike chance of your next Mortal Strike or Execute by 10% per rank. Ravager now generates 7 Rage per tick if it damages at least one enemy, for a maximum of 49 Rage over its duration if every tick deals damage. Rend cost increased to 30 Rage (was 10 Rage). Rend’s first hit now deals 150% weapon damage. Rend’s duration decreased to 8 seconds (was 15 seconds). Rend now deals damage every 2 seconds (was 3 seconds). Rend’s periodic damage has been increased to 2.5x attack power (was 2.4x attack power). Initial hit decreased to 150% weapon damage, down from 280%. Periodic damage increased to 2.5x AP per tick, up from 2.4x AP. Shattered Defenses (Artifact trait) now causes Colossus Smash to increase the damage of your next Mortal Strike or Execute by 60% (was 30%). This effect no longer increases the critical strike chance of Mortal Strike or Execute. Slam damage increased by 35%. Titanic Might now increases the duration of Colossus Smash by 8 seconds (was 16 seconds), and now also reduces the cooldown of Colossus Smash by 8 seconds. Trauma is now moved to Level 45. Trauma is now also activated by Execute. Void Cleave (Artifact trait) damage increased by 100%. Whirlwind damage increased to 90% weapon damage per hit, now costs 30 Rage (was 25 Rage). Holy changes Batman! That’s a lot! Don’t worry we’ll go into more detail below!Curoar367 Jul 16
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Warriors: Please Read! Welcome to the Warrior forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the warrior class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
41m Glad Stance So what is everyone's thoughts on the glad stance that was in WoD? I personally miss it and would love it see it come back. I would love to start a petition to bring it back if more people would like it :)Fortë25 41m
45m Prot Warrior and Blue History ... The above quote was from Tyren, a Blue back in 2005, answering the post on behalf of Kalgan. I couldn't find the original page anymore. But found it on the archive: "WoW BlueTracker: Kalgan's response to warriors" blue.cardplace.com/cache/wow-warrior/85008.htm. Here is the thing... So far, 8.1's blue respond has been eerily similar to the good old days. Back then, we got this "Awesome changes", but nothing else until the patch dropped. We all got this excitement, anticipation. And when patch 1.6 dropped, we got nothing but a huge NERFbat. Careful what you wished for... Dev historically has never just do what we suggested, fixing something minor and leave us be. And to make it worse, we warriors have been adapting and creatively using what we are given to shine. We always find a way around each nerf. And resulting more nerfbat coming down on us. (Hints, those of you saying we are OK, and our DPS is TOP NOTCH). Look up "Defense Cap" in the good old days for warriors... I am posting on my DK intentionally. My main has been Prot warrior since 2004. This xpac has finally made me switch my main to DK tank. Boy, let me tell you, I haven't have this much fun tanking for a long time. The difference? For Prot warrior, one thing remains constant, to be viable, you need to play it perfectly. And with that, you are only "Viable". You are not bringing something special that other tanks cannot bring. I see some top end guilds clearing Uldir with Warriors. My respond is that imagine if they have a Monk tank, how much faster they would have clear it? And behind the scene, I'll bet they got stuck with warrior because their MT/OT refused to switch, or the warrior is the raid leader/guild master. I, like most of you, still have some hope this 8.1 will help Prot warrior. I will even consider regearing it and switch back if the changes are good. But this "Awesome Changes" line keep come back to nag me. Especially when we still do not know what they plan to do. They already got raid tests, and still not a blip on Prot warrior. Lol, you guys remember the time they introduced Devastator? They put it on the same line with Indomitable. So we have to choose between HP and a clearly Superior play style. (How many of us were turned away from Pug because of our Low HP at the beginning?) Never simple. Never just fix the problem. I definitely am not optimistic. History has repeated itself way too many times for Warriors. Sorry to be such a downer.Lazygabe7 45m
1h Prot nerfs in 8.1 guesses? My guess is they will nerf prot warrior damage. Anyone else have any guesses?Jagdtiger16 1h
1h Throwdown as a Glyph? Do warriors even have a CM or Dev anymore? Anyway, I was thinking the other day of some old days stuff and I remembered having Throwdown. The Knockdown Stun we warriors used to have. I miss it. There was something great about knocking someone down on their rear end. I think we should get it back, or at the very least can we get a Glyph that replaces Stormbolt to make it Throwdown? Removes the Range from Stormbolt so you can only use it in melee range. But it knocks the player down and lasts 5 secs instead of 4. Come on...I miss Throwdown. It fits better then having a magical lightning hammer for warriors....when did we become shaman? Or Thor....seriously....enough with the Norse Pagan stuff....Im an Orc Warrior not a Viking.Kiethoo1 1h
4h Still no prot changes on ptr Another build went up to the PTR, and yet no new changes to Prot. Would really like to see the planned changes to prot warrior, but it's looking like they're either going to be a last minute add or not make 8.1. No specifics from Ion during the Q&A this past Thursday. I just dont want to see something thrown in at the last second that could change prot in the Hope's of improving things but actually make it worse. Have they announced any specific ideas that I've missed?Nytis20 4h
5h How is Arms rotation? I've always played a Ret Paladin. So far this expansion my rotation is slow and clunky, often lots of downtime with nothing to press.Blackguarde5 5h
5h It feels bad dudes. I’m casual and have capped out running mythic +7s so far as fury dps. Made this character at the end of legion in hopes of trying out tanking for the first time in bfa. Just my experiences from today include... Ran a +7 motherlode with a brewmaster monk 15 ilvl lower than me. He plowed through it like I’d never be able to as prot. Ran a +7 freehold with a blood dk.... they pulled multiple packs at once and generally acted like an unstoppable god at 10 ilvl lower than me. Ran another +7 motherlode with a prot pally. He was more methodical with pulls and asked for CC’ing of mobs but was overall a very smooth run and we beat the timer with plenty of time to spare. I’ve just stopped trying prot and gone fury. I feel like I’m a hindrance when another tank can almost trivialize the dungeon and make beating the timer so much easier. Fury is fun though and I’m usually top for overall dmg over the course of all the dungeons I’ve run so far. I just wish prot had more survivability. With plate armor and a shield I didn’t think I’d end up being in constant fear of dying unless I did something blatantly foolish. Feels bad dude. I’m honestly hoping they don’t nerf all the other specs too much and can just bring prot warriors up to paladin level of tanking and I’d be happy.Subträction22 5h
6h Rate That Mog #5 Last thread capped! I'll start with the final entry from it. @Aelas 9/10 I like the simplicity of the mog. Only docked a point because the pants were a bit off color.Bigboss287 6h
6h Is there a point where crit > haste? Is there a point where crit or something else overtakes haste? If so, at what %? Can't find anything about it online.Onlinecutie7 6h
8h Arms warrior noob friendly? Hi is arms warrior noob friendly? Like is the rotation not conplicated at all? I wanna try mellee damage class and wanted to know this. Things i want to know are: 1) how many buttons to use? 2) is the rotation easy? The reason i asked is because i had a warrior back in pandaria, had a cm armor and noe gonna use it but wondering if it is easy. I also want to focus more on mechanics wothout like being too focused on what to do woth rotation Thank you for understanding and i hope i get the feedback without any aggro.Sylvsana17 8h
9h Why doesn't Shield Block have a 6 sec cd? Whats the point of being able to spam Shield Block if you have 2 charges? Doing that will only make them overlap which is useless. Why even give us that option? I use a weak aura to visually manage my Shield Block and Last Stand up time, but I feel like I wouldn't have even bothered with that if Shield Block had a 6 second CD. It would definitely be friendly to new players. This sounds logical to me. Someone please tell me if I am missing something.Bigoledoinks5 9h
10h Best race for warrior aesthetically? Tell me heroes, which race is aesthetically the best for warrior? I always wanted to slam a mage so hard with my hilt he forgets what spellcasting is.Asuka78 10h
11h Best warrior spec for randoms? I am just a lowly casual pvper, been so for awhile... But I can’t figure out which spec if better for casual pvp, likely alone without a buddy I know to back me up! I’ll be trapped with random heals or no heals at all! Should I be Fury or Arms for this kinda pvp??Bludgeun7 11h
12h CS and defensive stance effects on trinket CS does not increase trinket damage but defensive stance does???? So just FYI: Colossus smash/Warbreaker: increasing damage you deal to them by 30% for 10 sec Defensive stance: reduces all damage you deal by 10% I guess blizzard think its appropriate but I don't so when this trinket Disc of Systematic Regression proc, while CS is applied to the target, the damage remains the same, - does not increase. However, if the defensive stance is active, not only our spells damage are reduced and the trinket damage reduce as well...Uchohine0 12h
12h WHAT?????? Hey did they hot fix fury warriors this reset? just done some 2v2 came up against 4 in a row as a Disc priest and there is nothing i can do. What happend? Did they just get a major buff or did Disc priest get a major nerf? does anyone know?Antifaithx6 12h
13h Help with solo orb running on G´Hunn Do you guys have tips on how to solo run orbs on G´Hunn? I´m having a hard time trying to improve this, and every group seems to require that from warriors. Thanks in advance!Sexysadie17 13h
15h Dragon Charge whats the point of it if it doesnt break snares or you can be snared using it. just plain stupid and sillyBloodymane5 15h
15h Do you guys think that... In all sections of content prot warrior should unequivocally be the best tank for raiding? this is something I kind of have believed for a while now. I feel like warrior should always be the go to main tank class and everything else can semi do it or is good for off tanking. I feel like plate classes should have more consideration for tanking like warriors should be the very best, dks and paladins kinda tied, definitely druids next and also kind of on par with dk and pally, and then DH and monks at the bottoms and they would mainly be used for off tanking and fights where really one tank holds the boss and the other tank does movement things such as taloc but on a more interesting scale. What are your thoughts?Redraider8 15h
17h Fury warrior feels AMAZING in 2s At the start of BfA I played arms because he was better then fury in arenas. But, right when I saw that fury buff I instantly switched and have been playing fury ever since. They feel so strong in 2s with being able to heal and they are a bit more tanky. I just wanted to know if the rest of you think arms is kinda crap compared to fury in 2s? I have a couple friends that say arms is amazing and others who think they are crap, what are your thoughts?Airiden2 17h
18h When does prot get nerfed? Prot does the best damage apart from DH and has so many mitigation choices. Look at their representation in heroic and mythic raids and many M+s... it is excellent especially when juxtaposed with all of the crying prot posts. Dk blood needs mobility and bear tanks need a slow.Genntry30 18h
19h You thought i was done? Blizzard suspended me from posting from hating on warriors, after a few days I have come back but not to hate on the warrior.. Ladies and gentlemen, I am happy to announce that musclemass has figured out what was wrong with his arms warrior and am now officially declaring the death of the horde. Musclemass is coming and hes gonna shrek all the dirty horde he finds. MuahahahaaaaMusclemass13 19h
20h Traits for pvp I have multiple high ilvl pieces for crushing assault, executioner's precision, and lord of war. I can do two 370 EP and crushing with a 340 piece to stack 3. My question is it worth stacking 3 traits or to use highest ilvl pieces and which ones would be best?Zemms1 20h
21h How do you handle fury's speed? Back in MoP and warlords i used to main fury, i remember liking the fact that you could push buttons constantly and without waiting for rage to pool, i skipped legion and came back for BFA, however at the start of the expac i went back to arms expecting to hate it and revert back to fury in the first minute, to my surprise i ended up really enjoying it. Even at just 16% crit and 15% haste i am rarely ever out of rage, and i like that i can just wait an extra second or two without wasting damage, plus i really enjoy the flow of Mortal strike -> 3gcd's -> Mortal strike, it feel consistent and easy to adapt in case i can only fill 2 of those gcds. Now im Trying out fury again but it feels like i become a disaster, cant even handle the priority, its just so fast, at 15% base haste, playing with 100-120 ms Latency, even just hitting the rotation is extremely difficult, it feels chaotic and inconsistent, i get the flow of Bloodthirst -> 2 gcds -> Bloodthirst, however taking into account active talents(Siege and Bladestorm) plus having to handle rampage and raging blow procs it becomes quite difficult, when i enrage i get to 45% haste and my mind starts to panic, it seems like everything comes off CD at the same time, and i end up hitting whirlwind when rampage is glowing, and then there is bloodlust, at which point my haste reaches 99% and i give up and start rolling my face through the keyboard; when i try to focus a bit more i end up staring at my bars and it takes me a second more to hit stuff(Probably because im still in arms mode, where if i see a 2 second CD i instinctively wait for it, instead of hitting whatever is available), and unlike in arms, it feels like every second im not hitting anything is a ton of wasted dps(Even though my dps is about the same in both specs, accounting for missing azerite talents). So how do you guys handle the speed? i've thought about just embracing the faceroll, even if it doesnt feel quite right hitting whirlwind on accident when rampage is up, or even just giving up and going back to arms.Ragknart29 21h
21h Any advice for warrior in pvp? Playing arms warrior 340ilvl but feels like I'm doing something wrong... every time I am against 3 or more enemies I just get deleted, is just sad, specially in BGs, in 2s its also like this because there is no healer. "Die by the sword" gives me a few seconds of survival but still even using my stoneform or defensive stance they crit me for 15k-30k, I have 105k hp, I am supposed to be a PLATE armor class but really sometimes it feels like I'm wearing paper armor I also tried pvping as prot warrior and its even worse(because you are supposed to be tankier than arms/fury right?), I can barely feel any difference in terms of survivability. Is it even viable for pvp?Oticnoel6 21h
22h 2H + Shield Prot Warrior With all the talk about fulfilling class fantasy I think this would be a pretty cool concept. Obviously proper tuning would need to be be put in place.Raw25 22h
1d Hypothetical What if Blizzard changed our mastery from: “Increases your chance to block by x% and your chance to critically block (blocking twice the amount) by y%. “ To “Increases the amount of damage blocked by x% and your chance to critically block (blocking twice the amount) by y%. “ Let’s do the math: The top three Protection Warrior right now (for whom I can get stats off the interwebs) are: Maximumw, in Limit. (https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/best-players/warrior/protection) Trebyx, in P G (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/ravencrest/Trebyx) Dalamos, in The Unnamed (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/blackrock/Dalamos) Maximumw currently has a Mastery of 25%. That means that his amount blocked would go from 30% (the flat rates for all blocks) to 37—ish percent; Trebyx currently has a Mastery of 30%. That means his amount blocked would go from a 30% to 39%. Dalamos has a Mastery of 28%, meaning her amount blocked will go up to 38.4%. All told, not a horrible increase, considering how often Shield Block is up (which, if you’re doing it right, is always). This also serves as a buff to Ignore Pain; since blocks are figured in before absorbs, this effectively increases their usefulness. Admittedly, this doesn't fix all of the problems with Prot... but it's a start. Thoughts?Grøm5 1d
1d Prot Warriors vs All Other Tanks so it's no new concept (especially on this forum) that prot warriors are in... a state right now... but after giving it some thought i've come to some conclusions that most of you will probably flame me for because i'm posting as a rogue on a warrior forum which means that my opinion doesn't matter. moving on from that incredibly likely circumstance here's my opinion why warriors are !@#$ right now. Reason 1: Warriors have a shield. this is a fundemental design flaw in the present state of world of warcraft, because all other tanks (baring paladins, but we'll get to that in a second) are designed to tank without a shield. thus, all other tanks get self heals, dodge and or stagger mechanics, maintainable buffs of extraordinary power, and a two handed weapon (unless you're a demon hunter, but feck demon hunters amirite?) but warriors get a shield. in other words they get a CHANCE to take less damage, emphasis on LESS damage, not NO damage as you would get on a monk who dodges, or on a druid who was the act of being a bear. it can be altered by gear but that CHANCE usually hovers around 30% in my experience over the course of an expansion. which means that, without cooldowns, you're taking FULL DAMAGE 70% of the time, sometimes you get hit for less, then critical blocks happen occasionally but that's it's own can of worms that doesn't really contribute overly to the damage reduction you have as a warrior. the point is, if a boss's basic attacks hit you for 20% of your max hp, then that's just how it was and it's most likely that that's what you're going to get hit for the majority of the time. -meanwhile the death knight got hit for the same amount and healed it all back himself. -the demon hunter got hit for half as much then healed it back himself. -the bear got hit for one quarter as much and took a nap. -the monk didn't get hit. -three of those things wear leather and all of them are better than you. Reason 2: moving on from the fact that warriors have a shield, the next thing that gives them the almighty axe is self healing. they don't got it. everyone else gets it, but not warriors. i could write a paragraph outlining how every class can do this throughout the course of a fight, but you all already know, this is not news. Reason 3: Ignore Fecking Pain. umadbro? better dump that rage into this constantly or you're just a dps with the concept flaw of reason 1. this thing DRINKS your resource, mind you, a resource you can only gain 15 or 5 at a time from skills with cooldowns, and then 2 per second while in combat. it is IMPOSSIBLE to maintain this 100% of the time, and it's not even the only defensive you need that consumes rage (shield block, i'm looking at you) and it only gives a finite, relatively small, amount of damage reduction (we can argue it's 50%, but it goes away when it reaches it's damage threshold so it's basically just a small shield) -meanwhile monks get 2 defnsives with 3 (or 4 with a talent) charges that they can keep 100% uptime on free of cost. -demon hunters can cast demon spikes as they please, can't keep 100% uptime (close) but they'll always be able to use it when they need to. -death knights don't need a constant defensive, but have the option of one in rune tap, a 40% damage reduction on demand for a few seconds. (or did it get nerfed to 25%? either way it's a talent option that's free to cast) -Druids don't take damage as a general rule, but have ironfur nonetheless to dump rage into since the only other option they have is maul, (but for real, who uses that?) -short form of this reason is that ignore pain costs too much to do too little, and is only one of the things that a rage starved tank needs to spend their resource on. Reason 4: ya just don't do a lot of damage now do ya? as we know tank aggro was nerfed, so naturally the tanks that deal less damage will generate less threat. warriors do not deal a lot of damage. in fact they seem specifically tuned to deal as little damage as possible with their aoe spells (thunderclap and shockwave at least, revenge is O-K-ish but it would also be nearly useless if it didn't apply deep wounds) -one of a blood dk's strongest spells is blood boil, a spammable (2 charges on a low cd) aoe with a 360 degree area of effect that also applies a dot that both deals more damage than deep wounds while also healing the death knight for 100% of said damage. -keg smash is brewmasters hardest hitting ability with a negligible cooldown, allows him to set enemies on fire for more damage over time, witht he option to have a permanent storm of green alcohol mist swirling around him for bonus lolz damage. -Druids get a literal no CD 360 degree aoe, and another aoe that applies a dot that STACKS with a small cooldown and no cost to either of those skills (5 rage does not count as having a cost) -demon hunters... do things... (look i don't know a ton about demon hunters other than they are in their big form a lot, heal themselves like a death knight but not as well and have demon spikes which does a thing) warriors get the short end of that stick with 1 360 degree aoe with a short cd that does almost no damage, 1 cleave aoe with no cd that costs a substantial amount of resource that applies a non stacking, non healing, non damage reducing, low damage dot. and an aoe cone stun that does almost no damage and doesn't work on bosses and some trash (thus is unreliable) Reason 5: You are not paladins. you may have noticed i left out comparisons to paladins in all the above points, there is a reason for this. paladins, as the only other tank that uses a shield should face the same issues as a warrior right? but they don't now do they? here's why. -warriors can block basic attacks, paladins can do that AND they get to block spells. FECKING SPELLS! -warriors don't get to heal themselves... well, paladins do, that's not news, they're actually pretty good at it (still not as good as a death knight, but in a pinch they can make themselves unkillable for a time) paladins get lay on hands for christs sake, that's basically a lolnope card for use against any desired boss monster with an ego. -warriors fuel their skills including both damage mitigation and aoe cleave spells to hold aggro with rage, paladins "lol what is mana?" -warriors hold onto their shields but don't use them for a whole lot, paladins THROW their shields, deal a ton of damage with it, silence their enemies, summon another shield out of the light, use that shield to reduce their damage taken nearly permanently without relying on a chance of effect, and all the while all of their enemies are standing in their holy fire being smacked about by their 360 degree aoe hammer with no CD, self heal off the GCD for a % of their missing hp (and some other factor that i'm not 100% sure about, but there's more to that spell) -Shield wall to take 40% less damage for a few seconds VS COMPLETE INVULNERABILITY TO DAMAGE THAT ALSO TAUNTS EVERYTHING TO ATTACK MY GODLY UNKILLABLE SELF. -Charge which requires a target and has a short range vs omnidirectional light horse of unstoppability and memes. -a resurrection spell vs. being a warrior. a paladin is literally just a warrior plus magic that fixes all the problems that warriors have. they fulfill the entire sword and board fantasy with interest and change. on the alliance the paladin represent the beacon of hope, the pillar of their society, and class you'd most trust to have your back. to the horde the paladin is their most feared enemy who brings down the wrath of the light upon them as the cower behind their ancestors. to both factions the warrior is frontline fodder, a corrupt and evil warchief, or varian. TL;DR the main issue with prot warriors is that they aren't paladins.Silera152 1d
1d Heroic Taloc POV I’m making vids I will be uploading content everyday, Hope y’all enjoy it https://youtu.be/i_rD8WJg0rs Please subscribe and hit the like button I’ll be very thankful :)Pistolero2 1d
1d Prot Warrior Dream Talents Since there haven't been any updates to the PTR protection warrior, I started theory crafting and came up with the talent changes I would like to see. Take a read and say what you like, what you don't like, or what you'd do if you were the Prot Warrior talent designer. While I know that talent changes are not likely this xpac, I'd like to see the talents overhauled so that: A) talent tiers offer clear situational strengths and weaknesses B) warriors have flexibility in their choices/customization C) Create some fun actives. Currently, only 3 talents give new active abilities, and these are underwhelming at the moment. I have generally identified the purpose of each tier, and reimagined the talents to satisfy the criteria above. PS This is just for fun while we wait to see PTR changes. Level 15: This tier specializes DPS and Damage Reduction for different niches: 15-1: AoE niche Into the Fray is great as it is. It has a clear downside if you cannot benefit from multiple enemies/allies in range. 15-2: Single target niche Punish changed to increase Shield Slam rage gain by X value and reduce damage you take by X%. Rage generation and damage reduction should outscale ITF when there are 2 or less targets. 15-3: Niche utility with all-around dps increase Active Ability: Bloodletting Removes poison and disease effects, put a bleed on yourself that does X damage, increases rage generation and damage by X% for X seconds. Level 30: Mobility and Aggro Utility tier. 30-1: Ability to pick up AoE threat, and maintain your position. Casting Heroic Leap resets the cooldown of Thunderclap. You may recast Heroic Leap within 5 seconds to leap back to your starting location. 30-2: General Mobility Bounding Stride - no change 30-3: Ability to displace a single mob Casting Intervene on a taunted target will force the target to intervene you Level 45: AoE Dps increase tier This tier is fine as it is. Level 60: Damage Reduction/Mitigation Tier 60-1: HP increase and utility Indomitable - Increase hp by 20%. Last stand no longer increases max health, but reduces all damage taken by X% raid wide for 15 seconds. 60-2: Increase Ignore Pain value Never Surrender - Increase IP absorb amount and damage reduction amount by X%. E.g if X = 30, a 20k shield is now a 26k shield that reduces damage by 65% while active. 60-3: Increase block value Bolster - no change Level 75: CC utility This tier is fine as it is. Level 90: Rage generation and DPS tier 90-1: Bulk rage and DPS increase on CD Booming Voice - no change 90-2: Long-term, medium value Rage and DPS increase Vengeance: Ignore pain rage cost reduced by X and reflects X% of absorbed damage back to attackers 90-3: Permanent, low-value rage and DPS increase New active ability: Blood Warriors - Long term buff that increases an ally's physical damage by X% and causes you to gain rage from their physical attacks. **Level 100:** General Play style tier for Damage Reduction CDs 100-1: Reduce CDs, weave CDs into general rotation Anger Management - no change 100-2: Save and stack CDs for short-term godmode Heavy Repercussions: Avatar, Last Stand, Shield Wall, Demo Shout extend each other's duration by 3 seconds. 100-3: Utility damage reduction CD Ravager: 1 min cd. Increase Parry Chance by 35% for 8 seconds. Spells may be parried. Successful parries reflect damage to your attacker.Warreun1 1d
1d Execute damage bugged? Haven't played Warrior in months, since well before BFA. Just unlocked DI Dwarves, made an Arms one since I've never played as Arms. Just did a run through a low level dungeon to try it out, and noticed that my Execute damage was massively lower than list value. Tooltip was listed at 284 damage, and almost every single swing was for EXACTLY 200 damage, sometimes varied to 185 or 196, but almost all were 200. 200 non-crits I should point out. Crits were hitting in the 380-390 range which seemed right. But those non-crits were exactly 200 damage about 90% of the time which I found to be incredibly odd. Am I missing something the veteran warriors here could point out to me, or was it just extremely bugged for me?Maidenhell4 1d
1d Stacking Azerite Traits - Help Confirm More! Sup Yall. Reply with what you've tested yourself. If you want to give the trait a 1-10 rating, with 10 being the highest, go ahead! If not, I would love to (and I'm sure other Warriors as well) know other traits that stack beforehand. I am currently not testing any Fury Traits, so help from others much appreciated. Currently Stacks =PROTECTION= Deafening Crash - 5 / 8 If you Talent around Thunderclap I think this one is pretty average. The damage is nice. It's a good filler trait, unfortunately, the 2 second extending on Demo Shout does not stack. =ARMS= Crushing Assault - Personal Favorite, 10 Gains the benefit of the bonus Slam damage. Really fun to use. Monster free rage crits that make you get excited to play Arms. Seismic Wave - 10 Damage does indeed stack. Very efficient filler, great during Sweeping Strikes. Critical hits on the Seismic Wave can also trigger/extend Azerite Traits that deal with Critical Strike stats. =DEFENSIVE= Azerite Fortification - 3 / 8 in standard PvP / 10 in BGs Stacks the healing effect when stunned, immobilized, or knocked back. Bury the Hatchet - 4 / 8 with Impending Victory Stacks the physical absorb shield values when using Victory Rush or Impending Victory. ------- Unconfirmed by me, only have one piece with these traits, require another piece to test =PROTECTION= Brace for Impact Stacks on its own, with one trait. Possibly doubling the values per each stack? The most i have stacked on one trait was 4 for one second. Each increase runs on its own 9 second timer. The buff timer resets, but behind the screen the individual values are counting down. Averages around a 2 to 3 stack during most situations. BLOCK does NOT increase on the Character Sheet, however, if you hover over the stat you will see the increasing value. Callous Reprisal Most likely increases the Revenge damage only. Single trait stacks up to 3 times. If additional pieces stack, could have a 4.5% reduction. Possible value during Dungeons. =ARMS= Executioner's Precision - 8 / 10 if stacks, great during Execute Phase. Assuming Execute increases the damage of your next Mortal Strike by X times the number of Executioner's Precision. I doubt, however, that it increases the number of stacks also. Gathering Storm Does the Speed and Damage of Bladestorm increase? One or the other? Does it somehow increase the Bladestorm duration? (I would be shocked on the latter) Lord of War Can safely assume the damage stacks. Does the generates 10 rage increase per piece? Test of Might - 6.5 / 8 when talented around / 10 if stackable If this stacks, this would be disgusting. I currently can get an increase of 400 Strength, sometimes 500 during Execute phase. Does the 35 for every 10 stack? If so, this buff could potentially give insane amounts of damage during any stage of the fight, but more importantly, during an Execute phase. Potential to increase your main stat by 30 to 50% for 12 seconds. Combine it with Anger Management and potential up-time could be impressive. =DEFENSIVE= Gemhide Assuming the Avoidance and Armor value stacks. Bulwark of the Masses [Assume the absorb value stacks. Impassive Visage Assume the heal on damage, once every 6 seconds, stacks.Mattoc6 1d
1d RBG warriors....(Arms) Question.... (if any higher-ish rated warriors could answer)... Do you sub out for mobility talents in an RBG? I know some would run war machine/double time/bounding for funsies..... but do you in an RBG? I doubt you would give up stormbolt, but do you swap any others?Kaioken4 1d
1d Need Funny Warrior name. I saw a similar post and I'm looking for something similar, but more funny. One post I saw was "rainbowkittyluv" I lol'd and tried Rainbowkitty and it was taken :< Could you come up with more names such as that? Gracias.Sunny208 1d
1d BRING BACK GLAD STANCE WARRIORS Blizz please bring back glad stance for prot warrior, it was so much fun❤Dailey26 1d
1d Why Prot should rock in PvP When a prot warrior smashes someones face in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlCQ2pBob5QRikar1 1d
1d petition for GLAD stance to come back! Let's hear it guys. Let our voices be heard by blizz.. All those who would like warriors to get Glad stance back in 8.1 please reply on the forums here. Lets show blizz we loved the spec and that warriors deserve the trait back!!! They have given some things back in the past and i think this is one they should bring back... Everyone says it was fun, engaging and a really cool way to play warrior.. so let's here your voice! What do you all think?!Tartaruhs88 1d
1d Prot warrior's in uldir Just wondering if any prot warrior have success in mythic uldir atm? Guild been searching for tanks, even though i do ok in m+ i had to deny it cause i got a strong feeling they don't do well in uldir atm. Would rather them get a monk or dk, Just wondering anyone's thoughts on thisBloodrusher5 1d
1d FURY WARRIOR PVP Made a video doing 2s arena having a really fun time playing fury https://youtu.be/DFTrqOtBKZUPistolero1 1d
2d PvP: Azerite Trait + Talent options Let me preface this by saying I enjoy playing all of these different builds, but just want to know if I am missing something dmg output wise. Like when I didn't realize that Gale-Force +attack speed allowed us to gain rage faster...yea. But Quick Navi is better for PvP... (right?) So: Currently have a few different set ups I have been playing: 1 - Lord of War x2, Executioner Precision x1 + Avatar/Anger Mgmt. Upfront burst is great and i'm using it often. 2 - Executioner's Precision x2, 1 Lord of War + Avatar/Dreadnaught. The MS + Warbrkr and usually Sharpen feels absurdly strong in 2s 3 - Crushing Assault x2, Lord of War x1 + IFtK/Anger Mgmt. The Slam rage-dump is pretty cheeky and feel like I can secure kills fast out of nowhere sometimes based on RNG Slam crits. Anything I am missing or should adjust? Or other builds I should check out that are rewarding? running 23132xxLupusmaximus4 2d
2d Ignore Pain and Block Advice new War Hi everyone... I am enjoying prot warrior quite a bit except for one thing.... having trouble with how I am supposed to actually use defensives...Ignore pain and shield block. Maybe my frustration has to do with as leveling up [111 right now] things are too weak to really have my defensive abilities make enough sense [kinda like how brewmaster leveling up you basically never find a time to be able to use purifying brew until max level tanking...] I am just not sure how I am supposed to go about using these two abilities.... I seem to just make sure I use all my charges of shield block and then keep using ignore pain to prevent myself from rage capping. I think this has a lot to do with rage management... how am I supposed to actually go about all this? I feel like half the time I am just button mashing these two abilities with no real purpose....Maybe these abilities feel like they play better when I am actually taking damage so my ignore pain gets used up? Main thing is.... so I can't get full uptime on shield block... should I just use it as often as I can or save it for when I am taking big damage?Zephix2 2d
2d No Prot Warriors in 100 M G'huun Kills EDIT: WE ARE NOW AT 100 GUILDS WITH NO PROT WARRIOR. So there are now 26 total guilds to have killed Mythic G'huun, and Prot Warrior is the only tank who has not been represented. I know we aren't as bad as what most people are shouting, but it is still telling of where we are. Here's to hoping those reworks coming are actually decent...Farmspec18 2d
2d Tank Talk with Ion ... This is the tank section from the summary at mmo-champion. I'm a little confused, but I don't have time to watch atm. I'm curious about the forum community reactions.Sackless29 2d
2d New to arenas! Arms or Fury? Hi so I'm a total noob for arenas but would like to at least try and get 1800 this season for the elite set! I'm currently playing fury and having so much fun in bgs especially in 1v1s (though I'm not guaranteed to win). My guildies all swear by arms though, especially for arenas. With increasing cost to azerite reforging and my lack of funds, I'd like to know if Arms is as fun or better? Also, future patches like 8.1 won't matter for now right since it'll be a new season then?Kyrgon6 2d
2d fury vs arms i enjoy fury much more than arms but as fury i just cant seem to pull the damage. How much better is arms from fury damage wise. Want to see if im lacking because of skill or because of numbersBeanisded8 2d
2d Concise and elegant fix for prot warrior Have revenge proc ignore pain. That's it. Mess with the numbers a bit perhaps make it absorb less and/or nerf the damage mitigation but this right here would serve to use one less GCD for IP as well as having us to concentrate a bit more on AoE threat.Darkroman4 2d
3d uldir heroic how are all my warrior brothers doing in heroic uldir what are your average numbersKell8 3d
3d Bring Back Shattering Throw I really hope one of the Blizzard PvP designers cares to read this, because right now there is a huge disadvantage to playing a warrior since almost every class gets an invulnerable ability. Warriors have no window to perform there damage, so we waste our cooldowns. And its pathetic in arenas that I got to compete against pallys (BoP and Bubble), mages (Ice Block), hunters (AoT), and monks (karma), when all we get is die by the sword? (If your arms). How about you give us back shattering throw, so we can control our window of opportunity like every other class. And make it usable to disable ALL these defenses. You can put it on whatever cooldown you want, but I'm sick and tired of these INVULN classes just sitting there (monks and hunters still damaging us btw). Literally no point in playing a warrior right now. Prot is the lowest of the low, arms is getting nerfed, fury can't even bloodthirst for 2% of health. Let's make it a fair fight, come on now.Finalfable16 3d