Warrior

Jan 30 The Might of Stromkar: Arms PVE 7.3.5 A quick thank you to Archimtiros, Warriorsari, Artunias, and all of the Warriors of the Legion Alpha/Beta. Your hard work and dedication is testament to the warrior Community. Introduction: Hello my name is Curoar (think of it like que-roar) and I’m here to help new players as well as veteran players get a firm understanding of what's happening to Arms in 7.2.5 in terms of PVE. As with every other class and spec, in Legion everyone has had significant changes and their spec and abilities. We’ll start by discussing those, before jumping into the meat of things. If you have any suggestions to add to the guide please leave it in comments and I’ll come back and check it every now and then. PLEASE NOTE! This guide will be constantly updated and changed based on inevitable balance changes Blizzard will make. During this time stat-weights, talents, consumables, and enchants are all subject to change. Updated 3/25/17: Updated the guide for Patch 7.2. Good luck on the Broken Shore! Updated 1/10/17: Added comments on chages add in 7.1.5, primarilly focused at towards talent changes. Updated 10/23/16: Updated the guide's Single Target Rotation with Focused Rage, as well as added a Execute Phase guide, and a few Commonly Asked Questions. Table of Contents: I. Wait?! What happened to the spec?: Changes from 7.2.5 to 7.3.5 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#1 II. Stat Priorities http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#2 III. Gems, Enchants, and Consumables http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#2 IV. Races http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#2 V. Talents http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#3 VI. Artifact Traits and Paths http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#4 VII. Rotation Priority and Cooldowns http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#4 VII. Legendaries http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#5 IX. FAQs http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#5 I. Wait?! What happened to the spec?: Changes from 7.2.5 to 7.3.5 Actually nothing. Our spec received no PVE related changes in 7.3.5. Arms had considerable changes going into 7.2.5. In case you don't know what changed here's what happened in 7.2.5 with the spec. The following changes have been made to the spec in 7.2.5... All abilities damage increased by 10%, in addition to any damage changes be low. Auto-attack rage generation increased by 10%. Critical strike auto-attacks now generate 30% bonus Rage (was 50%). The effect of Mastery has been reduced by 20%. Anger Management now spends 20 Rage per 1 second of cooldown reduction (was 10 Rage per 1 second), and now also reduces the cooldown of Bladestorm. Cleave damage increased by 20%. Colossus Smash cooldown reduced to 20 seconds (was 30 seconds), and damage increased by 10%. Dauntless cost reduction is now 10% (was 20%). Deadly Calm now reduces Rage costs during Battle Cry by 75% (was 100%). Execute damage increased by 25%. If the target does not die, 30% of the Rage spent on Execute is refunded. Fervor of Battle is now moved to Level 75. Fervor of Battle damage bonus increased to 80% (was 45%). Focused Rage is now moved to Level 90. Focused Rage now costs 20 Rage (was 15 Rage). In For The Kill is now moved to Level 90, passively causes Colossus Smash to grant you 10% Haste for 8 seconds. In For The Kill now refunds 40 Rage (was 30 Rage). Mortal Strike damage increased by 20%. Opportunity Strikes now causes your extra attacks to generate 5 Rage, with a 0.5 second internal cooldown. Overpower no longer costs Rage, no longer procs from auto-attacks, and may not proc itself. Precise Strikes (Artifact trait) now causes Colossus Smash to increase the critical strike chance of your next Mortal Strike or Execute by 10% per rank. Ravager now generates 7 Rage per tick if it damages at least one enemy, for a maximum of 49 Rage over its duration if every tick deals damage. Rend cost increased to 30 Rage (was 10 Rage). Rend’s first hit now deals 150% weapon damage. Rend’s duration decreased to 8 seconds (was 15 seconds). Rend now deals damage every 2 seconds (was 3 seconds). Rend’s periodic damage has been increased to 2.5x attack power (was 2.4x attack power). Initial hit decreased to 150% weapon damage, down from 280%. Periodic damage increased to 2.5x AP per tick, up from 2.4x AP. Shattered Defenses (Artifact trait) now causes Colossus Smash to increase the damage of your next Mortal Strike or Execute by 60% (was 30%). This effect no longer increases the critical strike chance of Mortal Strike or Execute. Slam damage increased by 35%. Titanic Might now increases the duration of Colossus Smash by 8 seconds (was 16 seconds), and now also reduces the cooldown of Colossus Smash by 8 seconds. Trauma is now moved to Level 45. Trauma is now also activated by Execute. Void Cleave (Artifact trait) damage increased by 100%. Whirlwind damage increased to 90% weapon damage per hit, now costs 30 Rage (was 25 Rage). Holy changes Batman! That’s a lot! Don’t worry we’ll go into more detail below!Curoar366 Jan 30
Sep 16 Outdated, please unstick. EDIT: Due to no longer having the time to keep this thread up to date I will no longer be updating it as such. Please note there have been next to zero changes with fury going from 7.2 to 7.2.5 in terms of ability usage so the core information here is still correct, however I would urge you to checkout the information on MMOchamp's warrior forums as that will have more up to date information. Contents: I - Talents and Stat Priority: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747195056?page=1#2 II - How to Play: Single Target / Area of Effect / Cooldowns: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747195056?page=1#3 III - Warswords of Valajar - Your Artifact and you: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747195056?page=1#4 IV - Consumables, Enchants, Gems and Racials: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747195056?page=1#5 V - Legiondaries and the Mechanics of Fury: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747195056?page=1#6 Recent Updates: 1/4/2017 - Updated w/ 7.2 traits path, nothing else has changed for fury as of this note.Greìl254 Sep 16
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Warriors: Please Read! Welcome to the Warrior forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the warrior class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
39m Rate That Warrior Mog #3 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759115817?page=26#post-501 Remember... don't skip people! Rate their mog on a scale 1 to 10. And go!Willamina393 39m
1h An idea to replace Ignore Pain in BFA NOTE: Demoralizing Shout has a 45 second cool down: http://bfa.wowhead.com/talent-calc/warrior/protection 1) Give it a second charge, and have haste reduce the cool down. 2) Have Demoralizing Shout also increase healing received by 20%. ... Thoughts?Soktagul6 1h
1h Fury Mage Tower advice, please and thank you! After getting my Arms MT appearance in just a couple of tries I figured I was more than ready for Fury. But boy is it ever giving me trouble. Embarrassing to admit, but I can't even get Agatha into the boulders phase. My warrior is currently at ilvl 924 so I guess he's considered decently over-geared for the encounter, and I have both the legendary necklace and the bracers. Man, I thought I was set. I follow the general strat, popping my CDs and killing the immunity imps the moment they appear, and focusing Agatha once her shield goes up to pop it and pummel her ASAP. With so much going on the healing imps default to a low priority, so they just seem to pile up faster than I can get around to killing them. The fight drags on and on, until there comes a point where Agatha's HP bar just stops moving, and she is eventually able to kill me through my bubbles and self-healing. What am I doing wrong? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! And the funny thing is, I'm not even really all that interested in that particular skin...now it's just a matter of principle.Zucchia16 1h
2h Prot Info Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on with the Protection Warrior's Ignore Pain and the "Coming Soon" talents they have right now? Go ahead and speculate on this thread if you'd like. I'd love to hear some of the theories my fellow Warriors have!Khromrok7 2h
3h Is Prot a dead tank? This is to talk about now a day tanks, not looking back at vanilla or so when tanks were way different. Now a days blizz wants to focus tanking around active mitigation. Great, its fun (at least for me, can't say that for all) however with so many tanks specs I feel as if a tank spec is just supposed to be useless in a way. Unfortunatly the prot war seems to be that. At the beginning of Legion yes they were the god tank but because they could create such an absorb shield but of course was nerfed and they fell from grace. What can blizz do with em? DKs and DHs have great SS, palys doesn't exactly mitigate small numbers but can put on some nice dmge reduction when needed and impressive heals. And the brewmaster who can eat huge incoming damage and then actually remove some of that damage. Pretty much every viable (at least in my mind) tanking option has been taken and nothing for the warrior to have to really make it shine. Now of course all tanks are changing in BfA and with a lot of focus going towards physical protection with little magic the Warrior will be doing fine but it almost feels like every tank other than the prot had something going for it and blizz nerfed every1 for that one spec. Any thoughts on what could have been done differently? You disagree with what I have said? Plz leave a replyChewthaug11 3h
4h Xylem help i'm having trouble with the mirror image part of the challenge. the videos on youtube make it look easy, but why is xylem on the other side of the world every time he teleports? lol i use shockwave and sweeping strikes in phase 1 because i'm too cheap to buy tomes so i effectively only have 1 charge. i read killing one of the adds is supposed to reset cooldowns but it doesn't reset anything for me... and after i kill 1 add and leap over the lasers i get knocked back just as i'm about to reach the sparkles. sometimes i don't even get close as i'm saving leap until it's the right distance and i have no charge so i get stuck in no man's land. xylem's always on the other side of the map (it's the same with those icicles, but it's less of a problem even though by the time i get back to him without using charge or leap he casts the icicles again) so i have to run around 2 lasers or jump through the middle which usually ends up with me getting knocked back or charge not working because target is either too close or too far, never the right distance do you guys have any tips or tricks to do this better?Vaslan13 4h
8h Alpha GCD Guys, i've been testing on alpha. Charge on GCD. Hleap on gcd. I doupt ill be playing warrior next xpac if they keep it that fkin aids.Zorop15 8h
10h CoF should be illegal this item is fake news. I'm at s point where I believe it's all a rumor to drive me insane. I can't get this item for the life of me and it's made me retire my warrior. sorry for ventingWorldwargodd39 10h
11h Bring single minded fury back! can we please be able to use 1 handed weapons on fury warriors again? or at least transmog 2 handed weapons to 1 handed weapons as fury. Maybe even just put in a glyph that allows fury warriors to transmog to 1 handed weapons. Im at the point now that if my warrior can use 1 handed weapons in fury that will be my main in BFA, if I cant use 1 handed weapons then idk what i will be playing...Soovage2 11h
16h Execute Does anyone FPS drop when it becomes usable?Boombasta0 16h
16h How does prot tanking feel right now? Title. I'm trying to find a tank alt to play. I like my Blood DK but I don't like being so glued to the floor. I was thinking of trying out my prot warrior. Thanks!Zilslyce19 16h
21h Upgrading Plate Crafted I want to upgrade a crafted plate gear from 640 ilevel to 655ilevel.Can someone tell me what the name of the item is thast I use to upgrade?Erexion2 21h
22h WTF Fury Wars!?!?!? Maybe some of you Fury Warriors can give me some insight. I stopped playing around Cata and started back a few weeks / a month ago. (because of this, my knowledge of other classes is expansions old by now) (my warrior is currently 102 and prot) So I know my gear (ilvl) is not the most awesome for instanced PVP. Basically...every time I run into a Fury War in the battleground...they just demolish me. I mean while I lose to other classes...I dont lose/die in 4 seconds. As a Sub Rogue... 1) what are Fury Warriors doing to "crush me before them"? (conan reference) 2) Aside from not fighting them / running away (if I can)...what can I do VS Fury warriors to not die damn near instantly? This might be more of a question for rogue, but how do sub rogues usually put up a fight or give Fury Wars trouble? Thanks for any insight.Smokingbinge9 22h
1d fury execute phase question i use inner rage atm and during the phase, should i execute twice and bloodthirst or prioritize raging blow over bloodthirst? edit: this is an update. I have all the legendaries and you may see my avatar equipping different ones time to time because i switch them often. Reason for using inner rage instead of bloodbath is because i dont have the full set yet. So far, my dps shows me my raging blow is dealing damage as much as my rampage. I was asking this question because my raging blow deals more than double of bloodthirst and grants me some rage as well. But on the other hand, bloodthirst also gives me, but only about 14% chance to enrage. So I wanted to know which is worth using more between executesPielf58 1d
1d Warrior a good choice for BFA? i recently made a warrior and it's the most fun i've ever had with any class. I mainly like fury but i do also enjoy arms. Should i get my warrior to max level, or is it a waste of time? is warrior usually in a good spot? I'm worried that it won't be as fun in BFAJeeperscreep3 1d
1d Protection warrior question I know for fury, Ring and Legs legendaries are the best ones you can equip but what about for protection warrior? I know the gauntlet is the best one but what about the second legendary I should equip? I'm thinking mannoroth and maybe the neck pieceAuchenai7 1d
1d Arms in BFA, my thoughts What I like: Sudden Death Overpower being baseline Deep Wounds What I don't like: Cleave turned into a talent (?) Shockwave removed (??) Mobility, sustain, and a stun in the same talent tier (???) Second Wind is still useless Warbreaker is a talent (????) Fervor of Battle = More whirlwinding Dreadnaught = Mortal Strike will do no damage Dreadnaught = Mortal Strike will do too much damage, and be promptly nerfed Dreadnaught = Mortal Strike is never going to be properly balanced, likely leading to the same issues Ret Paladins had in Legion Mortal Strike = Unheroic strike Rend isn't baseline with Trauma being a talent to replace it What I'd like to see: Mortal strike = big damage Mortal strike not being buffed by overpower Discount Colossus Smash being a longer DPS cooldown Damage adjusted for loss of "buff mortal strike" Baseline Rend Second Wind being replaced, or, reworked to something similar to it's older versions (e.g. when struck by a stun/immobilize you gain rage and regenerate x% of HP over x amount of seconds) Slam Let me know how you feel.Royalladel1 1d
1d Help with my stats Where is a good place to look for what percentages I need stat wise? I haven't played "hardcore" since BC or so and I was a priest back then. I figured I would give WoW one last chance with BFA and I really want to be the best at my class that I can be or if I choose another down the line. I checked Icy-Veins but I only saw which stat was priority, not what percentages they should be. Been outta the loop for a bit so I figured I would ask those of you on the forums who might know. Thanks in advance.Skullkeed9 1d
1d RIP Ignore Pain Will blizzard just change it and bring it back or do people expect it be completely gone from bfa?Davidduval39 1d
1d Gasping Sound on Warrior? What the heck is this sound? Happens every time I get into combat. It sounds like a gasp and it's really freaky. Any way to fix this seeing as how it's creepy and annoying? Sound is at the end of the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0av_-Q8_hRA&feature=youtu.beDérek6 1d
1d I'm sold on making a Warrior in BfA Solely due to the Mag'har Heritage Armor set. I'm just undecided on a spec. Can any veteran Warriors give me, I guess, an "elevator pitch" on the spec you find most fun? Both in current Legion state and impressions from BfA Alpha if you have access. It would be helpful if you could give a quick summary of how your "rotation" operates as well, I've only dabbed in Warriors once or twice, and it was way back in like Burning Crusade. I'm pretty torn between all three specs based on thematics, and have no fears about tanking as Prot, either. Appreciate any suggestions!Malefic9 1d
1d What is with the Prot challenge? I've done it on Blood, Guardian, Brew and Vengeance and this one is just on a different level. It's not even mechanically difficult, it's just the numbers are insane. P1 has you taking 3+ million mind rends every 5 seconds, if you slip up with your IP you kind of just die. Even with spell reflect being up every 45 seconds, it's just rough. Not to mention warriors are the only tank without ranged damage, outside of the pitiful throw weapon. Can't even get through P1, closest I got was 15%. I'm sure it's a git gud issue, but man is this boss infuriating for this spec.Shansey11 1d
1d Warriors getting Nerfed in BfA So I was just eyeballing the changes to the classes and I can't help but notice the cancerous cycle repeats itself - the druid is getting loads of buffs and the warrior is getting loads of nerfs. As a warrior main (Despite my profile avatar) this tree-hugging druid-praising trend fills my rage meter beyond the limits of the bar. >:C Tell me, fellow warriors - what are your thoughts?Valdemar29 1d
2d Prot Survivability? I just rolled a protection warrior, and he's fun so far, but they have close to no self-heals. Is that ever an issue? Or is the sheer levels of damage prevention enough to make you still feel tanky?Zenrao29 2d
2d Is arms warrior TOO easy BFA? Just checking out the early stages of arms my take away is that we've entered the frost dk / dh realm of brain deadness... Without having to track CS or rend on targets (if rend isn't the best option) we're literally just press a couple keys on cooldown. Just curious to other's take away. I primarily PvP so having CS / rend up on two close targets happens often.Babyrabbits8 2d
2d Arms need some attention. First off im not interested in the opinion of pvp is not balances around 1v1. It should be. Having some classes with huge tool kits and others with very limited is not justifiable. Also having some melee with great damage, survive, self healing, control while others must chose between a stun and mobility. Most melee have a passive snare while war's have to use a global to keep re applying it. Fury defensive is by far one of the worst of all melee classes. Arms has 1 decent CD on a 3 min timer. And no real self healing compared to all other melee. I would really like to see a little more balance in BFA I have seen the changes to the game you have made and i have seen other games blizz makes i know they are more than capable. Would be nice to see a little balance among the melee please. Would go a long way for players who enjoy more casual play and dont always want to rely on a well oiled team to perform well.Mortus3 2d
3d The Gnome Warrior appreciation thread! C:Teacup129 3d
3d Arms feels lacking in PvP? (Casual bgs) I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I can't help but feel like Arms is kind of lacking in casual pvp now since the nerfs a few months ago. Compared to playing my ret paladin, I do less damage while being much, much less survivable. Charge is nice and all, but I'd trade some of that mobility to live a little longer, or pump out more damage. I've tried changing my build around but whenever I play on my warrior I always feel like I'm having to try pretty hard to churn out damage where as on my pally I just press the same buttons slowly while devastating everyone, feeling like I'm falling asleep at my keyboard. Outside of Die By The Sword (A 3 min CD, which does barely anything against casters) I tend to get burst down very quickly. Even the protection offered by Defensive Stance feels wimpy, and guts my damage to boot. When playing my paladin Warriors feel like a free honor kill now, because most other classes have some type of bubble or evasion, and warriors don't. I know PvP is never balanced around randoms, but could Arms get a bone somewhere perhaps?Kadol8 3d
3d I miss quad damage stormbolt Tittle, i've always liked the idea of throwing a thundering hammer at people, but losing out on double time is no good.Kazecap4 3d
4d Are warriors psychos ? Let me be 100% real with you. I never played a warrior and it just... looks so god damn good.... I likend to it as kriege from borderlands 2. am i off beat here or no?Demontune10 4d
4d Goblin Troll or Panda? Hey guys. Never played a warrior before really, and I'm looking to remedy that. Can't pick a race though! Which of those three races do you guys think I should go with? Not really concerned about minmaxing, just wanna figure out what to make :pPearcel5 4d
4d Orc Warrior names Race changing to Orc so I can grow my beard. Any good names out there?Igorbone42 4d
4d Can a Fury Warrior beat a Ret Paladin? Can a Fury Warrior beat a Ret Paladin in 1v1? (Arena, Bg)Parizattor19 4d
4d Difficulty picking an alt. ((First off as a disclosure, I'm sorry if this post upsets anyone or annoys anyone. I understand that picking a class should be a solo-able activity but I'm having quit a bit of difficulty picking from those I've narrowed it down to, and Warrior is one of those. Any advice or wisdom concerning the warrior class would be greatly appreciated ! :) )) TL;DR I can't decide between a Druid, Warrior or Hunter. The rest below is simply more detailed and if you're struggling to choose a class as well it may assist you. Hi. So I recently came back to WoW after a very long break, and I'm having problems picking an alt. My main is a rogue (specifically sub) and I love the fluidity it brings to the table as well as the extra utility. I've narrowed the classes I'm considering to three at this point, which are Warrior, Druid and Hunter. Below is just a general synopsis I've gathered of each of the classes. It goes from least amount of interest to most. Demon Hunter- I tried it, just didn't like the feel and having only 2 specs felt like I was getting ripped off. Priest- I really don't like healing, the mix of pressure, not hitting things and the cloth armor tear it all apart for me. Shadow looks cool, but I don't want to limit myself to one spec Mage- It feels great, but I REALLY don't like cloth. I love the feel of getting awesome gear, or a cool weapon and I feel like mage misses out on this rush Shaman- Eh, I don't like the alliance races very much and it just doesn't vibe with me well. They do have awesome looking transmogs and weapons though, mail ftw! Death Knight- Unholy is fun for me, I like the whole necro feel but the eyes and the general feel throw me off a bit. Also the lack of mobility bugs me quite a lot. Monk- I tried a class trial, I have no experience with this class to be honest. It looks fun, fluid and I'm probably missing out, I'm just not much of a martial arts person. Paladin- They have a flail now... I tanked as prot back at the start of WoD really felt good, but then Legion reworked them quite a bit. I really don't like ret and holy just isn't my thing. Warlock- New demonology looks really interesting in BFA, and I was super stoked to see soulfire return to destruction, despite this being a cloth wearer it was a hard contender to remove from my list. _____ Hunter- I really love how the bows look, so many transmog options, it looks really good. Funnily enough I've never played this class past level 70 and that was back in Cataclysm. Because I main rogue I think some ranged variation would give me some flavor, on top of that I've played rangers in quite a few other games and I've found it enjoyable. My biggest concern is everyone says how terrible they feel and how watered down they are, the class trial didn't feel that bad to me and the biggest concern I have with this class is that I may burn out due to lack of variation. If this is my alt I'll have a rogue with 3 melee dps specs and a hunter with 2 ranged dps specs and 1 melee dps spec. Warrior- The biggest thing that attracts me to warrior is the weapons, I love "The Black Hand" weapon from Blackrock which is reference to Diablo 3's "The Furnace". I think that the uniqueness that comes from the weapons really makes Warrior stand out to me, + they have a flail now! I've played this class at max in cata and I did enjoy it, but it always felt like something was missing. It felt very bland after I'd play on it for a patch or two and I'd end up alting something drastically different like a rogue, or a warlock. I do think that the BFA mechanic of stacking your mortal strike damage is awesome and I think that brings some unique flavor to warrior, I also love that if I want to I have the ability to tank! My biggest two concerns for warrior are it's lack of utility and the fact that paired with my rogue I'd be locked in to two Melee only classes. Druid- So I played a druid at my friends multiple times back in Cata, It didn't really do anything for me. I can't remember why I didn't specifically enjoy it but I think when I looked at my rogue and then this druid I felt the difference was laughable (it was an under-geared feral) I didn't get to try it's other specs but I remember after playing it briefly I had no intentions to do so again... Until recently. So, I saw that guardian and feral specs were separated which I love. On top of that they get awesome appearances from their artifact weapon that sort of compensates the fact that they don't get those awesome warrior weapons. (owlkitty) On top of that leather isn't anywhere near my favorite type of armor but it's workable and I love the fact that I can be a ranged dps. a melee dps with combo points and try out tanking; I even find it nice that there's a healing spec just in case I want to try something new. Overall the uniqueness of the different specializations and the ability to make a complete play-style change without logging out makes this feel like a smarter pick as an alternate character. My biggest concern with Druid is that feral may just make me want to play my rogue and also leather would be the only armor I stare at when I play.Itslippy7 4d
5d need help remember the name of an old move For the life of me I can't remember but I am almost sure I am not imagining it. There was a warrior move some time pre legion I believe that was either a charge or some kind of leap that then knocked down it's target. It may have been registered as a pin or a stun, but the target was knocked down as in a knock down effect. I have searched various sites for removed abilities/talents/glyphs but I can't seem to find it. I do remember that the description was different from the actual animation so that was what caused me to remember it. Anyone have any ideas?Zharshoul4 5d
5d Skittish AOE threat help I'm new to Protection Warrior on my second character (ilvl 949) so please excuse my noobiness. My guildies who run M+ with me on their mains include 970 geared melee dps who do insane amounts of burst dps on trash packs. Any tips/tricks on prot ability prioritization to maximize AOE threat? I'm only really having threat issues on skittish week with +15 keys trying to protect dps in melee range. I'm running warbringer. Is shockwave better in terms of threat?Smacken5 5d
6d Arms Execute phase, rend or not? Should Arms Rend during execute phase? I usually Execute, Execute, CS, MS Usually there isnt a window to use Rend but sometimes CS doesnt pop up so I Rend then. Should I Rend to keep it up during the 20%? Thanks!Nommi10 6d
6d Ability Priority If I have bloodthirst, rampage, and raging blow up what should be my priority in rotation? - I am using the talent that makws raging blow a 4.5 sec cdLuckytriton3 6d
6d cant find 2 handed sword i started WoD a few days ago but for some reason the quest lines only want to give me several one handed weapons which are really useful for arms warriors. does anyone know where i can find a good two handed sword? i cant do dungeons yet because of low ilvlFattysmasher2 6d
6d Lego issue? Should i change to bracers? I got two legendaries and up until recently browsing these forums I thought they were completely fine for me tanking raids. But now ive done some reading and I'm thinking I may actually need to replace one or maybe even both of my legendaries for a better fit for a tank. For example the bracers for self healing. Just looking for any advice from more experienced tanks, I just cam back after not playing since Wrath.Izzys3 6d
6d Belf or orc arena pvp Hello. I want to boost a warrior on horde side. Just not sure what race would be better for arena orc or belf?Hayden3 6d
Apr 17 4th Spec: Gladiator Introduction: The Gladiator’s Resolve talent was added in the Warlords of Draenor expansion as legitimate DPS talent for the Protect specialization Warrior. Its game play was based off of pure sustained damage with high key presses per minute when compared to other DPS specializations at the time. This post will build off of that form of gameplay but as an entirely different specialization for the Warrior class. The Gladiator is more of a Hybrid than a pure DPS Specialization. Where it lacks DPS cooldowns it gains the ability to take massive hits in short duration windows. Gladiators can act as an Emergency Tank or as way to assist the two Main Tanks with hectic or complicated tank swaps, without the raid needing to have a fulltime third tank. Basic: • Close ranged fighter with frequent gap closing abilities. • No “Raid Wide” utility when compared to DPS specializations • Low burst DPS capabilities but mid to high sustained DPS • Rage as primary resource (Generated via Special Attacks) • Ability to act as a Legitimate short duration Tank • Great for soaking mechanics Stats: Haste: • Lowers GCD (All abilities) • Lowers CD of Special Attacks • Bleeds tic faster Crit: • Passive resetting effects with certain damaging abilities • Double Rage generation via Special Attacks Mastery: • Increases damage, effect and range of Shield Charge ability by X%. Versatility: • Normal contribution Rotational Abilities: Shield Charge: • Cost 10 Rage • 10 yard range • Increases Heroic Strike and Shield Slam damage by X% for 5 seconds. • Medium to High Damage output • 2 charges • 10 second recharge Heroic Strike: • Cost 30 Rage • Melee Range • On its own GCD • Hits the nearest 2 targets for 50% damage • Medium base Damage Shield Slam: • Generates 30 Rage • Melee Range • High damage • 10 Second CD Fending Strike: • Chance on hit to reset CD of Shield Slam • Melee Range • Low damage Gore: • Cost 10 Rage • 15 second duration • Physical DoT, no upfront damage, cannot critical strike • Medium damage • Chance on tic to reset charge of Shield Charge Sweep: • Generates 3 Rage per enemy hit • 8 yard range to strike, No range or target requirement to swing • Frontal Cone attack • Medium DamageDhildozer31 Apr 17
Apr 17 Things I'll miss from Legion 16 sec CD on Heroic Leaps as Prot. 7/7 Exploit the Weakness on Arms.Wrongway20 Apr 17
Apr 17 Fury or Arms? Hello, I recently created a Nigh Elf warrior to try out that class, but I would really appreciate some insights about those 2 dps specs. I know there are Fury and Arms but unlike other pure dps classes like mage for example with 3 distinct branches, I have no idea what makes warrior specs unique. Can you guys help me out on what I need to know in regards to both specs? I feel like I can enjoy it more if I know what the core aspect of the spec represents. Also any hint on which one is doing better or how well the perform on both pve and pvp would be nice. Thank you for your time.Nightlighter10 Apr 17
Apr 17 Arms opening burst So I'm fine with keeping my dps sistained and know the excute phase fine but I struggle at the start of a fight with bursting as it maybe gets to 2.2 mill at best what should I be doing soon as the fight starts?Mírajané4 Apr 17
Apr 16 Arms, Fury or Prot for BFA? Which one will you be?!? I am thinking of doing arms because I have been a fury warrior for 2 expansions or sticking to fury if theyre incredibly strong in PvP during BFA. Tell me what spec you will be and why. I would love to read all your comments.Lupto18 Apr 16
Apr 16 Transmog Suggestions Hi All, Any suggestions on how to improve my transmog ?? Thanks in advancedSlashii2 Apr 16