Warrior

Jul 16 The Might of Stromkar: Arms PVE 7.3.5 A quick thank you to Archimtiros, Warriorsari, Artunias, and all of the Warriors of the Legion Alpha/Beta. Your hard work and dedication is testament to the warrior Community. Introduction: Hello my name is Curoar (think of it like que-roar) and I’m here to help new players as well as veteran players get a firm understanding of what's happening to Arms in 7.2.5 in terms of PVE. As with every other class and spec, in Legion everyone has had significant changes and their spec and abilities. We’ll start by discussing those, before jumping into the meat of things. If you have any suggestions to add to the guide please leave it in comments and I’ll come back and check it every now and then. PLEASE NOTE! This guide will be constantly updated and changed based on inevitable balance changes Blizzard will make. During this time stat-weights, talents, consumables, and enchants are all subject to change. Updated 3/25/17: Updated the guide for Patch 7.2. Good luck on the Broken Shore! Updated 1/10/17: Added comments on chages add in 7.1.5, primarilly focused at towards talent changes. Updated 10/23/16: Updated the guide's Single Target Rotation with Focused Rage, as well as added a Execute Phase guide, and a few Commonly Asked Questions. Table of Contents: I. Wait?! What happened to the spec?: Changes from 7.2.5 to 7.3.5 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#1 II. Stat Priorities http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#2 III. Gems, Enchants, and Consumables http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#2 IV. Races http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#2 V. Talents http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#3 VI. Artifact Traits and Paths http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#4 VII. Rotation Priority and Cooldowns http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#4 VII. Legendaries http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#5 IX. FAQs http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20747264886?page=1#5 I. Wait?! What happened to the spec?: Changes from 7.2.5 to 7.3.5 Actually nothing. Our spec received no PVE related changes in 7.3.5. Arms had considerable changes going into 7.2.5. In case you don't know what changed here's what happened in 7.2.5 with the spec. The following changes have been made to the spec in 7.2.5... All abilities damage increased by 10%, in addition to any damage changes be low. Auto-attack rage generation increased by 10%. Critical strike auto-attacks now generate 30% bonus Rage (was 50%). The effect of Mastery has been reduced by 20%. Anger Management now spends 20 Rage per 1 second of cooldown reduction (was 10 Rage per 1 second), and now also reduces the cooldown of Bladestorm. Cleave damage increased by 20%. Colossus Smash cooldown reduced to 20 seconds (was 30 seconds), and damage increased by 10%. Dauntless cost reduction is now 10% (was 20%). Deadly Calm now reduces Rage costs during Battle Cry by 75% (was 100%). Execute damage increased by 25%. If the target does not die, 30% of the Rage spent on Execute is refunded. Fervor of Battle is now moved to Level 75. Fervor of Battle damage bonus increased to 80% (was 45%). Focused Rage is now moved to Level 90. Focused Rage now costs 20 Rage (was 15 Rage). In For The Kill is now moved to Level 90, passively causes Colossus Smash to grant you 10% Haste for 8 seconds. In For The Kill now refunds 40 Rage (was 30 Rage). Mortal Strike damage increased by 20%. Opportunity Strikes now causes your extra attacks to generate 5 Rage, with a 0.5 second internal cooldown. Overpower no longer costs Rage, no longer procs from auto-attacks, and may not proc itself. Precise Strikes (Artifact trait) now causes Colossus Smash to increase the critical strike chance of your next Mortal Strike or Execute by 10% per rank. Ravager now generates 7 Rage per tick if it damages at least one enemy, for a maximum of 49 Rage over its duration if every tick deals damage. Rend cost increased to 30 Rage (was 10 Rage). Rend’s first hit now deals 150% weapon damage. Rend’s duration decreased to 8 seconds (was 15 seconds). Rend now deals damage every 2 seconds (was 3 seconds). Rend’s periodic damage has been increased to 2.5x attack power (was 2.4x attack power). Initial hit decreased to 150% weapon damage, down from 280%. Periodic damage increased to 2.5x AP per tick, up from 2.4x AP. Shattered Defenses (Artifact trait) now causes Colossus Smash to increase the damage of your next Mortal Strike or Execute by 60% (was 30%). This effect no longer increases the critical strike chance of Mortal Strike or Execute. Slam damage increased by 35%. Titanic Might now increases the duration of Colossus Smash by 8 seconds (was 16 seconds), and now also reduces the cooldown of Colossus Smash by 8 seconds. Trauma is now moved to Level 45. Trauma is now also activated by Execute. Void Cleave (Artifact trait) damage increased by 100%. Whirlwind damage increased to 90% weapon damage per hit, now costs 30 Rage (was 25 Rage). Holy changes Batman! That’s a lot! Don’t worry we’ll go into more detail below!Curoar367 Jul 16
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Warriors: Please Read! Welcome to the Warrior forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the warrior class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
1m The new fury "feels good" because of Haste The only reason people say it "feels good" is because of the stupid amount of haste you get from enrage, without that haste the class would feel like !@#$ and plays clunky as %^-*. Say what you will but IMO having 2 two handed weapons should make me hit for less than arms, I refuse to play a spec with 3 filler abilities.Chrisbillson2 1m
1m Is prot as bad as I keep reading? I'm about to boost one and just wondering if I will regret it, I mainly do Mythic+, my other choice is a Blood DK But I hate unholy and frost meanwhile arms and fury are fun to me, just wondering if PROT Is as bad as I keep reading here?Pleebz34 1m
3m How much haste for Fury? In Legion, Fury aimed for ~30% haste to reduce the GCD and ability CDs enough to effectively push FS out of the rotation, which was tons of fun to have such a fast paced play style with nearly 100% up time on enrage if you took Carnage (which I did). I'm wondering if this is going to be the goal/possible to do for BfA, and how much haste is going to be required to do so? Has anyone seen any simulations/theory crafting on the "sweet" spot for Fury haste levels this xpac?Syward6 3m
3m Small Changes to Prot War Prot warrior design is very clunky. I just have a few small changes that wouldn't affect much but I think they would add a lot. 1) Equalize rage cost of Ignore Pain and Shield Block Buff one, nerf the other, or some combination. Just make sure those have the same rage cost. It would significantly improve the flow of combat. 2) Have Intercept reduce cost of next shield block A reduction to 20 rage would be enough. When you're charging in, starting combat or whatever, you typically are looking to get aggro fast, and being forced to use that first shield slam without shield block up is really painful. 3) Improve Devastate threat generation Right now it feels like Devastator is still the only talent in its tier. If you gave Devastate additional utility such as an improved threat multiplier, then it should really open up the other talents.Syagrius4 3m
6m Massacre or Rend ST? What’s the best for single target pure raid single target dps Massacre or Rend?Deathok6 6m
6m Auto attacks? Any help on why my character randomly stops auto attacking? Problem only started today and it's kind of important being an arms warrior :/Odiem0 6m
15m Devastator Talent for Prot and GCD management Hello, Icy Veins ranks Devastator priority below Shield Slam, Demo Shout, Thunder Clap, and free Revenge proccs. Additionally, while tanking mythics, I found that I had to keep IP up as much as possible to prevent my healer from having a heart attack. Since all these abilities are on the GCD, I found that it was exceedingly rare to find openings in my tanking rotation to squeeze in the several GCDs required to spam Devastate enough to procc Shield Slam, and when I did, It just felt exhausting and clunky. This is particularly true when taking on several mobs at once - devastate almost completely disappears from my rotation for the sake of higher priority skills. I found that opting into the Devastator talent really helped mitigate the clunkyness of having to juggle rage generation, damage, and mitigation priorities without being punished for not making use of the free slam procc generation of Devastate because I had higher priority abilities to use instead. Since switching to Devastator, shield slam proccs are more likely to be "automatically" granted in the background while I autoattack and can be rotated in almost seamlessly between Thunder Claps, Revenges, IPs, etc, without sacrificing the many required GCDs to spam Devastate and suffer from carpel tunnel syndrome. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with this talent, and if so, I would like to hear your feedback regarding it's impact on your play style.Joramun12 15m
22m This is my experience after tanking mythics 1) Threat generation is fine if you pop avatar before a pull. There are times where I'd reach 30K+ dps AoEing. 2) Survivability is brutal. Shield block + ignore pain + demo shout is still barely enough to survive some pulls @ 330 ilvl. Boss fights are a joke. 3) God awful clunky. I've played prot since mid vanilla and I feel like prot has taken some major leap forwards since then, only to heroic leap right back. Ignore pain needs off the GCD at the very least. 4) Pulls without having avatar up is the worst feeling by far. You simply can't choose to dps harder due to how hard some mobs hit making large packs a nightmare to keep track of. Either reduce rage cost of revenge or reduce the cooldown of taunt. 5) Lack of self sustain hurts us. Other tanks have some way heal themselves, we're at the mercy of our healers mana bar. If blizz wants to keep the old warrior model, I think they at least need to increase the frequency of critical block or reduce the cooldown of shield block (while taking ignore pain off the gcd as well). 6) Into the Fray is a must have. 7) Did a few mythics with a blood DK friend who had 308 ilvl (while my prot ilvl is 331) and he took about roughly the same damage as me, which goes to show that once his ilvl gets closer to mine, Ill probably be DPSing our mythic groups instead. It's rather disheartening that a blood dk can ignore mechanics AND have an easier time tanking + dpsing than prot. 8) Make friends with a blood dk and gear up for prot as a dps instead. /sByzantine6 22m
28m Prot Advice Needed Hey everyone, I am new to tanking and generally enjoying it as prot, but there have been several moments in each heroic where I am taking a ton of damage and I'm not sure what exactly I need to do as a tank in these moments. I am having a hard time keeping focus on the main 3 concepts for a tank which is threat management(damage, taunt), mitigation and mechanics. I seem to only be able to do 2 out of 3 of these at a time. If I am focusing on mechanics, my mitigation slips, if I am focusing on damage I am not as mindful of mechanics. A good example is pulling a pack of mobs that has an ability that must be interrupted and another mob with an ability that you need to side step. I am trying to keep threat and use SB and IP but I cant seem to notice when a mob that isn't my target is casting something that must be interrupted, or I don't notice a mob that isn't my target is casting something I need to sidestep, like Retch from Paulid Gorgers in Waycrest Manor. Is this as simple as git gud? Out of the 3 concepts what is order of importance, if I had to sacrifice one for the other? How do you deal with processing a huge amount of information when pulling larger packs? Also I am using Elvui Nameplates that shows the cast bar under the health meter, but if the mob isn't my target it is desaturated a bit so I can't see it casting in the chaos. Any advice is appreciated.Rexxus3 28m
50m Is this the easiest class to play? It really seems like it. Other classes seems a lot more difficult for me.Feelzbrah2 50m
51m What even happened to fury? In legion you had so much aoe damage and just a lot of damage in general plus you were about 19 million times faster but now fury literally does not work at all, fury is slow paced, extremely low damage, and extremely low survivability in pvp.Lukitoto52 51m
1h Best 2H Weapon for Arms ATM Most likely stat wise the Motherload 2H from first boss is the best right now, but are there alternatives? How good is Geti'ikku the 2H from King's Rest last boss?Armor5 1h
1h does war gets fun? first of all . i used a token for this warrior because im a returning player and always found warriors cool in mmorpgs. now while im leveling (116) i found warrior kinda boring even tho im only using fury for leveling and truly dont know the rotation for it. im just using whats not on cd to kill its also taking ages to kill stuff too. does it get better with proper rotation etc?Báhámútz8 1h
1h Gladiator Spec anyone? Anyone think that blizzard should bring back the Gladiator spec they try in Draenor but this time make it it's own spec like they did feral druid Cat and Bear? it seem like a really cool idea and there reason for canning it was cus was to hard to tweak numbers in Prot for but dps and tank, but they solver that with feral by just separating the two into their own respective specs now. it's niche but would be fun, great for OT for fight that only need 1 tank in a boss fight.Vashtanerad25 1h
1h Siegebreaker w/ Recklessness on the GCD First off, I think everyone can agree that having the ability Recklessness on the GCD feels bad. However, nothing in this game feels worse than having to click a button to buff your rage generation and crit, then having to use Siegebreaker to buff your damage, THEN finally getting into your rotation. It's a pick your poison situation between the two abilities to see which one is going to have the least effect. "Am I going to waste a couple seconds of Recklessness to pop Siegebreaker, or am I going to waste a couple of seconds of Siegebreaker to cast Recklessness?" Anyone else agree that this needs to be changed?Xorbane8 1h
2h Tips for Surviving as Arms I've been a long time fury warrior and figured I'd try Arms spec for this xpac. I find myself having problems with taking on Rare mobs due to lack of healing abilities. As fury I had Bloodthirst and Enraged Regeneration that assisted me and I could take on multiple mobs and rares without breaking a sweat. Now it feels like an uphill battle with rare mobs. Anyone have any suggestions for surviving the longer battles?Tackles15 2h
2h Prot Threat generation ?!?! Hi, I would like to know how I can keep and maintain threat level on trash mostly in bfa. I charge into thubderclap and use revenge proc to add bleeds. But then if a heavy dps is doing a lot of damage I start looking threat. Seems like I am having trouble understanding if this has changed or new that we loose threat now. Any suggestions for improvement would be nice. TyHypéríon29 2h
2h Fury need Buff We were good in beta but Blizz decided to gank us a bit before launch. I was finally looking forward to an xpac where Fury wasnt that bad. Hoping this gets addressed before raids. Dont know if people making enough noise about it though.Xaladune25 2h
2h Help for Arms So first don't mind the empty gem slot. I am planning to fill that later. I have a question on the rotation. I read icyveins guide and have attempted to follow the priorities they set out. but I am not getting my simulated dps. I am down by just under 2k. They say 7.1k and yet I am doing around 5.4k. Any recommendations for what I should look at to improve further? link to my quick sim https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/wjnEwisH2jyBiTPGLWefJ6Dahlyn3 2h
3h Please take ignore pain off GCD If anything, this is what I’d like.Ardias9 3h
3h Overpower animation What happened to the awesome shoulder barge animation for Overpower that was in Legion? I really liked the look of it and they took it out.Valimir2 3h
3h Talents for Leveling/Questing as Prot? hello fellows champions of the vallajar. iknow the situation of prot so no reroll furry/arm respond please whats your talent build for leveling/questing as prot warrior thanks "may your days be long and your hardships few"Mookus1 3h
6h Arms nerfed 14%??? WTF? This is the one char/mastery I decided to play through BFA and 3 days in it's nerfed to crap. Seriously of all the things wrong in this game and they focus here? Classes •Warrior •Arms •1 point of Mastery now increases Deep Wounds damage by 10% (was 1%). •Damage of all Arms abilities decreased by 14%. This excludes Arms Azerite Traits.Warchant132 6h
6h Warrior Worth Leveling? So is warrior a good choice right now? I miss the play style and DK seems kind of lacking in performance so it isn't as enjoyable to play. I mostly do WPvP and Rated Arenas. Also fury or ArmsZingster14 6h
7h [A] Community for Warriors: The Warrior's Den Thank you for taking the time to give this a read. Trying to make a community for Warriors to gather and discuss all things warrior related for all specs. As we have gone through many changes in the past. It would benefit the class to gather and pool our knowledge to help all warriors be the best they can be. Hope you all have a good day and hope to see you on the front lines. https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/invite/owrX2PjuKPM?region=US&faction=AllianceBigcronos28 7h
7h 2H to 1H Transmog Options for Fury Hello! Consider this a formal request to allow fury warriors to transmog two handed weapons into one handed weapons. When I started playing back in BC I really enjoyed the dual wielding look of fury, but I find myself unable to enjoy Titan's Grip due to the clipping issues caused by huge two handers - and I find two smaller axes to be way cooler than two giant ones anyway. Allowing us to transmog our larger weapons into smaller ones is the easiest way to accomplish this (no balancing Single Minded Fury!) and I would appreciate it if we could get a Blue response!Maravus6 7h
7h reckless abandon or siegebreaker? PVE/PVP A friend swears by siegebreaker, but I feel like it slows down the rotation. What do you guys think? I do pve and pvp so I'm not sure.Bruisedwater13 7h
7h So Arms is a DoT spec now? https://i.imgur.com/YEOQAi1.jpg Pic shows what each pull looks like in a dungeon for me now. 35% of the damage comes from something I didn't actively contribute to; didn't think about or had any control over. I hate this. I don't play Arms so I can DoT everything around me, that's the very reason I despise Rogue gameplay in dungeons. Fix this. Either change what our mastery does (remember MoP?) or rehaul the spec completely into a "Bleedmaster".Kraftwerk30 7h
12h Rate That Warrior Mog #4 Keep rating mogs :)Tannatoz344 12h
12h Swap to Brew, DK, or Prot Pal? Curious what direction other people are looking as they come to the realization that prot warrior is fairly atrocious in its current state. I'll keep mine going, by all means... but it's definitely going to be getting a back burner until things shore up quite a bit. Think I may be leaning toward Brewmaster at the moment, appears the utility is strong, and they offer quite a bit of ability to push difficult content? Seems like it would also give quite a bit of room to learn/master something nice and new with a bit of complexity.Unbreakable7 12h
13h Prot Warrior and ignore pain Does anyone know if with enough haste prot will feel better? Right now I hate my warrior every time I try to tank. I just do not understand how anyone thought putting ignore pain on the gcd was fun. It feels like blizzard took all the tanks mitigation and put them on the gcd when ignore pain was meant to be spammed compared to other tanks where their abilities had a cool down.Varthalstad15 13h
14h Just Remove Ignore Pain Honestly I rather be weaker than burdened with terrible disgusting feeling game play. Please just remove Ignore Pain. You didn't want it initially and it's on GCD so just stop with this non sense and let us play our character thanks! For months we offered ways to fix it!! Months of feedback on Ignore Pain either doing Aoe damage to applying Deep wounds. Or just being off GCD. However nothing has happened. So next Hotfix just remove the dam thing no one want to weave in an Ignore Pain in already a heavily troubled rotation thanks.Abombanation29 14h
14h Fury Stat priority Is there a consensus yet as to fury stat priorities? Icy veins Suggests strength>haste>mastery>verstility>crit whereas.. Noxxic suggests strength>crit>haste>versatility>mastery Im only just coming back to fury this expac and silly me i've been basing my priorities off icy veins.... Was i wrong? I've passed up a wq crit trinket ( i don't have time to do them all so i have to pick and choose)Hugmepls6 14h
15h Where is our Defensive Stance glyph? I'd just like to point out that Warlocks had a glyph for their Felguard to use weapons from their bags before we got one for our terrible ugly faction shields that are forced upon us in D stance. At this point I figure it will never happen, but I must complain about it every now and then, because in a game where half the players are transmog crazy, it's insane to force us to use these hideous faction shields.Dråxus2 15h
17h is battle trance bugged? or is it only supposed to proc ones per target with an internal cooldown of leaving combat? seems like it's a bug because it never used to work that way, now it's basically worthless right now the only trick is between switching targets, clear the buff so that it can proc again on a new target. if its still up when you switch targets, it wont proc again (sometimes it does if the mob is the same type), which is stupid imo you can refresh it on the same target only by canceling and then procing it again, so broken (btw with some testing normal mobs it procs on more often, but against elites it won't also it won't proc if you use whirlwind first and cleave (which makes sense technically, but it probably shouldn't work that way)Tiberìus4 17h
19h How much dps should I be averaging at 310 On a good dungeon run I'll be getting at best 7kish.Reshogh9 19h
19h Is Fury weak? I just got my iLVL up to 322 and have only run heroic, but having run heroics as both arms and fury...it isn't even close. Fury is about 75% of my arms dps. Are you seeing this as well?Stragon23 19h
19h New warrior opinion. I really wanted to play warrior this xpac. (I played Pally all Legion).... but I’ve noticed some massive issues. •One there are several talents that absolutely should be BASELINE abilities! Ex: 1.Storm bolt should be a baseline ability 2. Impending Victory .... again this should be a baseline ability. 3. Why the hell is Defensive Stance not baseline? ........I’m sure there are a couple of other examples you guys could think of. If Storm Bolt were baseline this would free up that tier so you could select say Doubke Charge and reduce having your !@# kited so easily ect ect.... I’ve notice that Arms Warrior has a great toolkit to work from, however, too much of that toolkit is render inaccessible by locking it away with talents that essentially should be baseline in my opinion. To me, that just screams a lack of attention to detail on the devs part whenever they were designing Arms warrior for PvP. I’m not even talking about the recent 14% nerfs anymore. The bigger issue is the devs inability to accurately recognize abilities that would and should be baseline. This would free up talent choices and vastly improve quality of life of a warrior. It dawned on me that the real problem I’m having when playing this warrior, is that I NEED many of the abilities, but cant get all of them. This creates big time quality of life and playstyle issues that go beyond simple numbers and hotfixes. This is something that won’t likely be rectified any time soon.Gnarlsdarwin19 19h
19h fury in high level arena is fury even viable in 2k+?Threxor6 19h
19h Fury not working? Try arms! Hi Warriors, I decided to make this post because I see that a lot of people are upset with how fury is playing right now or that they think it’s relatively boring. Personally, I loved playing fury in legion when I wasn’t tanking. But the current state of fury and prot have push more warriors to try arms. I love arms pvp and think its super fun. But translating that into viable pve damage was difficult for me. Correctly executing the rotations was causing me to have issues with my dps output. After extensive research, I finally got to the point where I’m topping charts in total dps because of some tips and tricks I learned. I have a made a quick list of these tips for any warrior wanting to get into arms but didn’t know where to begin. First, weak auras is a game changer for playing arms. WA allows you to import strings of data that create tooltips that tell you what you moves you should use to optimize dps. This is the most important starting point. After getting WA installed type “/wa” in game and import the templates from https://wago.io/SkBHabbrQ. There is a total of 6 templates and you should import all of them. At the bottom of the web page there are 6 links to all the WA strings: https://imgur.com/a/zK9wYQr. After importing all the strings, try not to move the loaded profiles because they are set up in a relatively optimal position. I suggest watching the video that explains the functionality of this weak aura and the rational for why some moves are highlighted when you think you should be using a different move. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAAIvfsmR1s It also takes into account whatever build you are using and will adjust the tooltips accordingly. It also factors in enemy distance along with gcd/cd cooldown if you should wait and hit your roto without affecting rage gain while maximizing dps. It also loads in everything needed for arms,fury and prot but you can disable those in the display if you don’t want to play with those WA’s with different specs. Second, it’s important to understand when to use sweeping strikes along with bladestorm to optimize aoe damage output. When dealing with a big pull, like 3+ enemies, your roto should consist of: Avatar>War Breaker>Sweeping strikes>MS>OP>then follow your weak auras roto. Blade storm should be used afterwards in a few different scenarios. One being your sweeping strikes roto finished and enemies still have more than 15% health, two if your cds are down and there are 3+ in the pack, and three if your rage starved (and cds will not be ready during the duration of the blade storm). Don't quote me on this but on single target boss fights, using your normal roto should out dps just plain old bladestorm. This leads me to my third tip. If you are feeling rage starved remember you have heroic leap + charge. Jump to a safe spot, and it doesn’t need to be far as charge range can be used within a small distance, and then charge back. A quick macro helps: /cast Heroic Leap /target focustarget /cast charge Make sure that you set focus to the tank when you first enter a dungeon and this macro will help you cast leap, click and then charge your tanks target. My fourth tip is about survivability. Many arms warriors complain about the amount of damage arms takes when doing WQ/quests. It is true, arms doesn’t have many healing abilities. If you run into situations where you are pulling 3+ enemies, people make the common mistake of using Die by the Sword too late causing death and frustration. Around 65% health, pop your DBTS and drop your aoe cd hammer and make it rain blood. Victory rush when you can you will be able to survive most large world pulls. I know everyone is chasing that 340 ilvl for raiding but don’t neglect your crit. If you have to drop 5 item levels to use a piece of gear that has crit while the equipped one doesn’t, do it. Crit is essential to our CD nuke and you will be disgusted by all the dirty dps you will drop on packs in dungeons. If you know or use any of these techniques, thanks for reading. But I really hope those warriors contemplating switch to arms give it a go. I was a non-believer in pve arms until I did my research and put it into action. This is the perfect time to jump in too while gear ilvl is still low. If you have any questions or helpful tips, please comment below. If you need help setting up weak auras or anything mentioned above you can add me at shramwow#1847. We are all warrior brothers and everyone deserves help. I hope some people find this guide helpful -Shnuglybagel also... for the alliance!Shnuglybagel2 19h
19h Cleave 3 targets requirement Can this be removed? It feels weird to have the need to cleave on 2 targets when sweeping strike is on cd when realizing that it wont put deep wounds. Why would cleave only cause bleeding on 3 or more targets in the first place!Sêrax2 19h
19h I've never felt more useless in wpvp I just get wrecked by everything. I know it's hotly debated whether or not arms warriors are in a good place rn but it's incredibly discouraging losing 90% of 1v1 fights. The lack of self sustain makes fighting incredibly difficult against classes with self-heals. And those classes that don't have self heals tend to have massive chain-stuns, which we also don't have (seriously if I wanted to be under cc for several seconds I'd play overwatch.)Carthull43 19h
20h What ilvl before Mythic tanking I understand Ilvl isn't everything and it's mainly stats, but with people saying Warrior tanks are the squishiest, should I shoot to be equipped with Heroic gear first, or would I be safe at 315/320?Jawjack3 20h
20h I Love This Class Played a warlock since vanilla. Never played anything else (too ADD to manage two things at once). Warlock isn't in a terrific place right now in BFA and I decided this was a good time to try a new faction and a new class. I know you guys probably have a lot of complaints about this class and I'm sure I'll figure out what they are at some point probably at max level. But right now, this class is head and shoulders way more fun than where I came from.Pzykotic4 20h
21h Take cleave? Is anyone taking cleave?Greyshield7 21h
21h Deep wounds should deal a % of damage dealt The current iteration of Deep Wounds feels numb to a point where in PvE the difference between me and you playing Arms warrior is no different because as long as we have the same stat weights our deep wounds hit the same and tick at the same rate and crit for the same amount, there is no variation when our mastery is our highest % of damage dealt to a target. Roughly 24% of our TOTAL single target damage comes from a DoT we apply by using mortal strike, execute and bladestorm. These are a main part of the kit and in no circumstance will we not be using this therefore we should ALWAYS have deep wounds applied to the target. What sucks is there is no difference in a top tier Arms warrior and a your generic run of the mill dude who has no experience playing the class. I would like to propose a change to how our mastery works, as stupid as it is to think they'll change it I'm tired of lazy class development cycles that make specs boring to play. Increases to mastery increase the % of your abilities(Mortal strike, Execute, Bladestorm) damage converted into a bleed.: This means properly setting up a burst rotation could lead to a more sucessful Deep wounds bleed period, this sets up the class for a more skill filled interpretation while increasing the variance in play, rather than how many times can you pop your Coolies off and slam mindlessly.Chrisbillson13 21h
22h Accuracy and white hits Hello everyone, I've found that white hits for fury can be devastating, especially when you have a few pieces of gear with the reckless flurry azerite trait. I've found that I miss often though. I know they did away with an actual accuracy stat, but is it attached or built into any other stats, like strength?Wrecksy2 22h
22h Does execute still do good damage? I noticed that execute damage has been reduced and I'm unable to get high amounts of killing blows compared to before. Is this only true at low levels or does it still apply at level cap?Allius7 22h