Warrior

Dec 9, 2012 a gnarly post Do warriors like pally tanks go for hardcap expertise?Radical1 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Pally tank just won Mogu'Dar Blade :( What :( I'm sad. How rare is that thing exactly?Deathdro11 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Comparing Warriors to DKs I been getting this guy geared, but the class has been pissing me off. Thinking about leveling a warrior, but I gotta make sure it won't be quite as annoying. Basically the issue with DK is every now and again I'll be standing there with no RP and no runes, and it's a drag. Anyways, I really don't care about class balance or anything, but lemme ask the PVP warriors here a simple question. On a scale of 1-10, how often do you find yourself sitting on a target with no skills available to be used?Eskwyre6 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 5.1 So i looked over the patch notes and personly i dont see anything that wasnt already known, we are bursty ...... but what class isnt ele sham destro lock FROST MAGE, here is the thing our burst that everyone is upset about is TOB to make a long story short. I understand that and dont disagree with anyone on this BUT.... It is based around a chance if im wrong please tell me but i personly think i have about as much chance to stack 4 TOB on a target as a destro lock has at getting a 3 sec cast bolt off?? Its not often to say the least. Now just think back everyone who writes on here to the last arenas you have done and how many times has a frost mage hit you for 150k plus 2 to 3 times in a row within ehhh say 3 or 4 seconds i would say a hellofalot more times then a warrior has TOB crit you for 300k. And as far as the avatar nerf yeah i think it stacking with reck was a bit much BUT...... I dont think taking away the mobility of avatar was the answer. I could see taking the damage buff away yes and keeping the mobilty aspect of the spell. Just my thoughts, no mater what there will always be a class that munches up everyone else. Now we are forced to almost use this abilty as a tinket in a way and then get cc for the entirty of the spell. Thoughts anyone?Chandî9 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Recklessness and Bloodbath in rotation? I'm struggling with how these fit into the warrior rotation. Recklessness seems like a boss-only ability, but Bloodbath is only on a 1 min CD. Does it have use in PvE outside of bosses?Valistae1 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Gearing difficulties. Has anyone got any tips for me i'm finding it very difficult finding gear for my toon.Sokraxx5 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Titans Grip Buff idea I feel that Titans Grip should be buffed ever so slightly so that it can be more on par with SMF and allow me to use 2 two hands as a viable dps! My idea was to do something similar to what SMF got, and give a smaller amount of bonus dmg for the off hand weapon, say 10-15% just so that it will help to improve the melee dps and what not. Currently a one hand will do more than a 2h in melee dps, and the off hand will be significantly higher because it's got an extra 35% more that Titans grip doesn't have. It's just and idea. But, I feel Titans grip needs to be buffed slightly cause I love playing my warrior with 2 two hands and hate that I have to use 2 one hands or my dps suffers.Naximus30 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Weapons won't show? I'm new to Fury, and I'm curious as to why my weapons won't show on my back when they are sheathed. It's a horribly noobish question I know, so take it easy on me. I'm using two 2-handed axes, and they don't show, but two 2-handed swords will. Are swords the only things that will show when sheathed?Jerbearr5 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 @Squirrelnut Was that a pug RBG group you were running with tonight? Our dps was nearly one shotting your healers.Jecklehead0 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Pvp Gear question... Should I choose the cloak,neck,and belt,with Hit on them? Or will I get my Hit thru Reforging/Enchants?Worm5 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Brawler's Guild - Unguloxx help. Hey I've been doing the Brawler's guild and have reached probably my most difficult challenge...a friggen giraffe. He hits unbelievably hard and kiting him is nearly impossible because of his movement speed. I've been reading around and it seems protection is the way to go for this fight (one comment stated that they had an ilvl of 448). Can anyone share their experience on how they beat him (rotation/spec/strat/reforges, etc)? Thanks. EDIT: Thanks for all the advice and I finally downed him TONIGHT! What really made the difference was the Staggering Shout suggestion AND a couple a buffs from the raid group we had going. Again thanks for the advice!Swordmas8 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Second wind at its Finest :)! Made a Warrior Duels video and If it wasnt for Second wind i would not have won any of these duels haha, check it out guys, intense duels against pros. YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwinzEntertainment?feature=g-crec-u thanks!Korrupt4 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Threat issues with warlocks in group. Every dungeon I have run with a lock and I pull groups, the lock pulls aggro off me fast. I cast an initial TC for the group aggro, then sometimes a Shockwave to try and keep the lock from pulling off me right from the get go. Then I do the rotation above and throw in TC every 6 secs. But still the lock pulls off me. I tried to tab through and strike each mob a couple times and move to the next, and that doesn't work. Am I doing something vastly wrong here? I also keep forgetting Heroic Leap, should that be my starter instead of Charge?Knitsta4 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 I've been thinking... about changing my spec to fury. What are the best swords for a dual weilding warrior at my lvl?Colph3 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Warrior Charge macro assistance Im looking for a charge macro that when holding (ctl) goes to defense stance charges and hamstrings and when not holding ctr stays in battle stance and does the same thing. Thank you!Grindsaw2 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Bloodsurge...how does it work? It says it has a 101% chance to proc, but it doesn't always proc. Clearly I'm not understanding the move's description, so can someone help me understand? Your Bloodthirst hits have a 101% of lowering the global cooldown to 1 sec and reducing the rage cost by 20 of your next 3 wild strikes.Mafic1 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Arms dead in pve? I've yet to see 1 Arms warrior in any heroics or in LFR, and the guild warriors are prot for raid teams, is Arms dead for anything but leveling/pvp?Liukang18 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 WARRIORS R OP Just wanted to put another one of these threads up, because it seems as if the changes blizzard made to warriors made them no longer OP. but it seems to me the biggest complaint was the blanket silence. how come other classes get blanket silences. i want my blanket back. on heroic throw thoFireflie12 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 looking for some transmog help Trying to find some nice pants and boots to go along with my set as well as a belt. I've been looking at some websites but I haven't really been seeing anything that I like. Anyone has any ideas on pieces?Thranimal6 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Odd question. So, I came back after a break starting in June. With the changes to fury (i.e. introduction of wild strike and the ability to TG + Bladestorm) would wearing 2x Gurth's be better than 1x + ESS for the OH?Mitchbade2 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Fury warrior pvp VS Arms warrior pvp So let me start off by saying that I'm not a pro at pvp but i can hold my own. I'm an ARMS warrior and i know it kicks !@# especially since i got my s12 2h. I tried fury and I don't see it putting out the same dps as arms in pvp but I know that fury is very gear dependant. Which leads me to my question. With the s12 melo 2h's you get about 4.7k pvp power which is about +20% damage vs players. Has anyone tried getting a 2nd melo 2h to stack the pvp power. Does this put out more damage than arms.Blitzslam3 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 PvP stat priority! I am an arms warrior curious about how i should stat, or if i should go to fury titans grip or just dual wield 1 hands. I have no idea how i should be reforging, or how much of each stat i need. for instance, how much crit do i need? etc. thanks!Taith1 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Warrior soloing in 5.1? Hello all, i have a few questions about soloing old raid content as a warrior in 5.1. first off, what spec would be the best for soloing? i run arms for just about everything, but i feel like fury (for bloodthirst healing w/ glyph) or prot simply so i would never die, would seem better. what are you using? also, what is the most difficult content people have been able to solo as a warrior? one thing im really curious about is the military quarter in 25 man naxx. i really want armageddon but i feel like razuvious and the four hoursemen could be a headache. any advice on wrath raids specifically would be very helpful, since i'd assume all of BC and vanilla is soloable now. my goal is for ToGC10 and ICC10; if anyone has tried those raids i would love to hear what your experiences were.Schwann6 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 valor upgrade priorities Is it safe to upgrade my darkmoon card relic of xuen trinket 2 times?? Will this stay BIS ? im pretty sure i wont be accessing heroic lei shins final order trinket but will get the normal version soon. Im also waiting to get the domination point on use crit trinket. Im lookin to get that and replace it with carbuncle. Ive also allready upgraded my one hander from normal elegon for SMF as again im pretty sure we wont be getting heroic elegon down any time soon.Skillywilly2 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 FC question! Hey FC's, Are you guys buying all your malevolent gear first, or are you upgrading your sword and board as soon as possible?Kephesa6 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Prot pvp is prot warrior pvp any good at 90? i wanna be able to live for a long time but also do good damageGrimsever3 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Fury PvP? Non existent still in MOP? I've always had a strong liking for Fury, and i am aiming to PvP but is Fury a considerable spec to roll or is Arms just overall more dominant when it comes to PvP? Thank you for any information provided!Gwuap56 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Once again, lvling professions Hey I just made this toon my main, and since he was an alt before didn't care about professions on him. I have always had two main professions on my main toons throughout my time in Wow. Was just wondering does it make that much of a difference? Was thinking of maybe just going leatherworking and skinning. With the skinning bonus (crit) was thinking that would be almost as good as having two main professions since crit is such an important stat for fury. Make sense? Or losing that extra strength wouldn't measure up from having another main profession? Also was considering engineering (my favorite). I like the on use enchant so maybe I can tie that in with CSmash. I just really don't want to level my mining on another toon and farm all the mats. But I will if it makes an significant difference on stats.Killswïtch1 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Basic stat question Sorry to clutter, but in regards to PvE Fury, every thread, convo, guide I read tells me to avoid haste at all costs, yet whenever I add an item with haste to my toon, my "dps" stat on my paper doll goes up. Likewise, whenever I subtract haste, my dps goes down. edit : again, this is on my paperdoll, Ive yet to compare the two on a target dummy Can anyone help with the confusion? Thanks in advanceMover5 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Bladestorm. Still using, still abusing it, still loving it. Shockwave can suck it!Spärta4 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Rate the Warrior Name above you! Didn't feel like necroing the last thread from a few months ago....So here's a fresh one! Rate on a scale of 1-10.Brula43 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Warrior duels Video :)! Hey guys if u are bored and have nothing to do! check out our video, just thought me and my irl twin brother should make a video for u warriors out their to watch and enjoy! hopefully :) This is not to show skill but for pure entertainment! hope u guys like it YOUTUBE CHANNEL/VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/user/TwinzEntertainment PEACE OUT!Korrupt0 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 show me a good pvp prot Someone with a pvp prot toon say something so i can copy your ,gems,enchants,glyphs,spec, or at least get a good idea in a direction to go. the only way i can get into rbg's is if i'm a good target caller and i'm pretty good at it but target calling AND playing at my best is difficult for me.Ieo1 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Warriors are... ...without a doubt the most enjoyable class ever, that is all.Ràtscar3 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Just a thank you note. I'm going to start off by saying to all of you, yes I'm qq'er. Yes, I'm complaining because I'm getting raped in pvp and I should shut up and learn how to play my class. Sure. I'd also like to say, no, I'm not fotm. Warrior has been my favorite class for years. No, I'm not some scrub player (I may not have a fancy arena title or high standing like a lot of hard core players, but I do play often and know when I'm being cheated.) Recently, the update to WoW was supposed to "fix" and "balance" warrior's Pvp abilities. The solution was to nerf silencing and Avatar. I'd be ok with this, if it didn't take away our only silence. Pummel now gives a 4 second silence if and only if it interrupts a spell being cast, and only silences spells from that type. Avatar now only breaks the cc currently on you. Granted, we have shockwave, and that provides a nice 4 second stun, and we have spell reflect, which is great for screwing over anyone trying to get a chaos bolt kill. Charge is also great for a 1.5 second stun. All of that is fantastic. Mages: Fighting a mage on a warrior definitely takes some considerable skill. Once you are cc'd, you have to make the terrible choice of WHEN to use your avatar. If you decide being a Popsicle is not for you and you use Avatar to break CC, they're probably just going to CC you again, and if they don't, prepare to be sheeped. If you get lucky and are able to break cc with avatar and reflect the polymorph, they'll probably break it using insignia or some other tool they have to get rid of it, and freeze you again, then cast a few spells, and there you go, dead. Priests: For Priests, it's difficult. Like everyone else, if it's a bad player its going down. If they know how to kite and cc, you're most likely screwed. For fighting a priest, the fight, like most others, depends on timing with your cd's. Sure, you can't be feared once enraged with Berserker Rage, but only lasts 6 seconds, and if you're still in the favored pvp spec of Arms, you don't become enraged too often. So, 1 fear breaker. You can't reflect it, due to it being an aoe. If you can get passed the fear, there is the psyfiend who will probably fear you, or the shackles which you can break using Avatar, only to be feared again. Now what do you do? You don't have a ranged silence, and at this point if you're not dead, you have a 3 minute cd on Avatar, and your fear breaker has a 30 second cd. If you do some how manage to get them down, all they have to do is fear you , then get off a heal for half their health or more in most cases. For fighting ALL healers, unless they suck, you cannot kill them without a partner. You cannot silence them, and all you have to rely upon is 1 stun. That's it. If its a druid or pally, you can't snare, because all they do is shapeshift/hand of freedom, and they're off. you can't silence them unless you catch them in a cast, in which case all they have to do is their instant casts, wait till their cc's are up, and continue. Fighting a druid is insane as it is, no cd on Cyclone, are you kidding me? I've been in matches where I'm cycloned THE ENTIRE TIME. You have 1 thing to get you out, insignia of the alliance, once that's used, you're cycloned again. Warlocks: Oh where to start... These guys put out some crazy damage, I love warlocks. But think it's fair to say, no one likes fighting them. Get 3 chaos bolt combo on you for insta kill... always a good way to die. They fear you, Berserker Rage, for 6 second freedom...h wait, no, they stun you, then fear you again. I haven't been Immune to a warlock's mutliple fears since Cata. Not to mention they have mortal coil if they give up their stun, so you're feared for 3 seconds no matter what. Their combat heal is op in my opinion, due to it restoring 30% hp as they run about with health stones. (seriously, if you know how to destroy locks, let me know, I get complained about being a warrior with "OP" damage, but when compared to all the other classes, I can't make the connection here.) Dks: Blood only. Yes, I'm whining about blood death knights. The amount of healing they do for themselves and damage is unbelieveable. In two different group now, we've taken down his or her partner only for the blood dk to beat us. With a resto/ele sham, and a feral druid with my warrior. We'll get him down almost to death, then boom full hp. Wtf is a tank spec doing beating two dps specs in player vs player? And it's not just one dk! There are some pretty bad ones out there, but multiple different blood dks besting us is ridiculous. I play lock, paladin, mage, dk, shaman, and Warrior. Deathroamer is my main because for me, there's nothing more satisfying than imagining your enemies screams once you get that perfect execute on someone for 120k plus. We're not the only ones with a devastating finishing move, but it's the most satisfying for me. That's all I have for now, this thread is long enough. Warrior's damage being op? I'll buy it if you're below 20% hp. Otherwise, if you're not a melee class and we're still keeping up with you, you really need to change classes. The only time we beat casters is if we're lucky or they need lessons on how to play their class. With no silence utility, and Avatar nerfed, I don't see how we are to compete in pvp with caster type classes. Even Paladins have more stuns than we do and can use them more often. So, this is just a thank you for for tl;dr on a fotm scrub warrior qqing because now I'm getting raped. But, that's fair, right? that's long overdue and deserved, right? Thank you for reading!Deathroamer12 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Glyph: Death From Above herp derpKazro4 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Fury Glyph Priority? So i'm on Sunder Duty for my 10m raid, which means i'll want to grab up that Sunder Colossus Smash Glyph. My question is; which of the three Major glyphs i've been using as Fury should i replace? Glyph of Recklessness Glyph of Death From Above (heroic leap) Glyph of Unburdened Rage (120 rage)Crease22 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Macro Question I have seen a few warriors Heroic Leap and then instantly Charge back to the target. I was told this was a Macro. Is it possible to have a macro that will make the Targeting-Rune come up for Heroic leap, and Once I cast Heroic Leap it will immediately charge back to the Enemy I have targeted? In other words, press the button once to Heroic Leap and Charge back. If this is possible, can someone tell me what macro they are using. If not, please let me know so I can stop searching. Thanks, Lethgorias.Scimonte3 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 About to level a warrior but.. I am a prot tank right now. I love tanking but was going to go with warrior for a dps class. I don't know if I should go with fury or arms. On fury you can have 2 2handers or 2 1handers. Which is better. I don't pvp. I just PVE. Run dungeons ect. I want to raid with my guild and thye don't have any decent warriors to raid with them which suprised me as many people as we have. So I thought I'd ask those who've played warrior and are experienced with the mechanics. Which does more dps in the long run?Atarius3 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 491 Prot Warrior possibly LF guild My guild has been struggling the past 2 weeks with people leaving and some not showing up. I say possibly LF guild because if my guild continues this trend the next few days I would want to leave. I am 6/6 MSV (1/6H MSV) and 3/6 in HOF. I know the last two fights in HOF and can learn the 4 in Terrace fairly quickly. I only haven't bothered learning them considering I still have 2 bosses in HOF left. I have a fairly open schedule, considering holiday break coming up. Let me know if interested in game or on here. Thanks!Rëlic0 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 So how long? So how long are we going to be OP? I don't wanna keep leveling if we're going to be balanced. I want to 2 shot people warrior Lulz YAY. !@#$ seems balanced YEAH?! :DElpt21 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Are Warriors fun? I usually have this idea in my head that i'm the type of person who likes to stand back and shoot people with spells/ arrows in video games. Yet, each time i start a game i am usually ALOT better when i play a tougher melee class. I really love melee (as well as range) and i played my Frost DK in PVE during the end of Cata (started mid ~4.3) and am now going completely to PVP. I am wondering if Warrior is what i am looking for if i want a melee class that can survive fairly well and do tons of damage. I see them in rbg's and arena (i don't really arena that much) alot and notice they do consistently high dps but they seem easy to kill for me (i am a mage :D really sorry btw D:). Is that just mages? BTW i play Mage, DK, Hunter. I love DK but they don't really have Defensive CD's and i don't like frost. I have a level 7 warrior right now. is it worth the loooonng grind to 90?Portalgun24 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Top Major Glyphs for PVP I've been readying a pretty good guide that strongly suggests that you take Death From Above, Hindering Strikes and Bull Rush as your three major glyphs for PVP. I agree on Death From Above and Bull Rush but was wondering about Hindering Strikes? I already have two reduce movement speed powers (and of the two I really only use Piercing Howl) so a third, that costs so much rage, seems counterproductive. I was considering, instead, either Enraged Speed, Gag Order, Colossus Smash or Resonating Power (because I use Thunder Clap a lot in battlgrounds). Any opinions on the best three major glyphs for PVP? Thanks!Blackprínce17 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 2k+ warrior advice? i want to hit some 2k+ ratings and just wondering if i could get some advice. less trolling. more help. kaythnxbyeDamesh3 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Warriors need Flash heal Flash heal: 30 second CD heals the warrior for 30% of its maximum hp. Generates 50 rage. Seems about right lolBosspriest7 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 give heroic throw some use!!!! since 5.1 camed out heroic throw is now completly useless... 55% weapon damage and nothing at all... Blizz give something witch will make it usefully somehow a silgth snare or interupt orbiger damage or a f....g rainbow effect...Tyrexicus39 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 New pvp trinkets So I saw that blue post about them cutting both the stat bonus/cooldown on the on-use pvp trinkets. So now its 1min cd on 2500 strength Has anybody bothered testing this macroed with bloodbath now that they have the same cd? Seems like we could potentially have more sustained dmg, but this char is too undergeared to really get decent numbers since the bleed dmg is off yellow hits or whatever.Topchef7 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Heroic Throw What are they going to do with this ability now that Gag Order is removed? 30 second cooldown for a 50% weapon damage? Completely useless for Arms and Fury. They should put an 8 second root on it.Xisle54 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 PVP Weapon Question Hello, I'm able to buy the Conquest 2hander this week, however i already have the raid finder starshatter. I was wondering if i should get some other conquest armor before getting the pvp 2hander. Here is my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/firetree/Pawkalolo/simple Thank you!Pawkalolo11 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 <<< Wild strike proc >>> When wild strike procs (at least I presume that the ragged red parenthetical shapes in the middle of the screen is a wild strike proc) I click on Wild Strike and get the following: action not ready OR standing too close to target. In any event, clicking on the spell does not work. It will not cast. Could someone enlighten my little pea brain as to what is going on? Thanks much in advance!Qsalterego5 Dec 7, 2012