Warrior

Oct 17, 2012 Anyone Dual a 1H and a 2H? Just curious if anyone else is doing it, or if it is a bad idea for me to be doing so? I'm mainly doing it because of the gear I've acquired so far, but the results are pretty good. If I were to continue down this path, which weapon would I want in each hand? 2h in main or off? thanks.Oose3 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Another nub question... Hey guys, So today I finally got the last piece of gear I need from heroics, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good tanking guide for the first raid. I don't want to just que up like a derp and waiste a bunch of peoples time. Thanks for any info!Beldreth2 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Where have all the weapons gone? Back in the day, when I first rolled a warrior, one of the main appeals to me, and probably to others as well, was their ability to equip nearly every type of weapon in the game. To me, thats what a warrior is. Someone who has mastered a variety of instruments of maim and murder. Yet sadly, these days it seems like many of our weapon choices have gone the way of the dodo. Polearms, arguably the most warriorish of warrior weapons, have been neglected and relegated to other, less beardy classes. No polearm exists, even from pvp vendors, that has strength on it. For a while there, they were considered hunter (and to a lesser extent, druid) weapons. Now hunters don't even use them anymore with the changes to ranged weapons. So what exactly are they for? Druids? We warriors don't care if there is a decent animation for bladestorm with polearms. We just want pointy sticks with strength to stab things with. The state of fist weapons are about as bad. Can you point to a fist weapon with strength on it that can be obtained through PVE? No? This is a little more understandable, considering that they fit better with rogues and monks, both agility based classes. Classes who already hurt our variety of weapon choices by clogging the loot tables with agility swords, maces, and axes. I don't even like fist weapons that much, but for heavens sake, if we have the ability to use them, at least give us some that we can use. The fact of the matter is, there are 3 classes that place an emphasis on strength to boost their damage, and 4 that rely on agility (assuming you include melee shaman, not counting hunters because ranged). There should not be such an overwhelming biased towards agility, specifically on one handed weapons. Getting annoyed at having shields and maces drop with caster stats is one thing, and its tolerable. Paladins need love too. But honestly, look at the loot tables and your chances of finding a 1 handed mace that is A. Not for tanking, B. Not for casting and C. Has Strength on it. Might want to use that filter to make it easier. /endrant.Budlofsky3 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Slam vs Overpower Has anyone done the math on placing Slam above Overpower in a PVE rotation for Arms? Overpower has obvious advantages: low (none?) rage cost, 60% free crit, change to proc itself, chance for Taste for Blood; but, Slam hits like a truck. That's why I'm wondering if anyone has looked at the possibility of using as more than just a rage dump. I mean, it's a heck of a rage dump, but would there be any benefits of putting it about OP in priority? Is there any sort of viability to what I'm thinking or am I just WAY off my rocker on this one?Patri12 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Fury DPS - Pre Raid Numbers? Assuming that I am fighting a target dummy, what kind of DPS numbers should I be seeing in Pre-Raid Heroic gear? I can't seem to find a consistant answer when searching the forums.Shredz3 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Buff Avatar Hear me out. All this buzz about warriors being OP has gotten me interested. Warrior MACRO burst CC is admittedly insane. So what is the solution? Buff Avatar damage (albeit slightly), but make it replace Recklessness. Problem solved.Leonight7 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Which rep to work on first? So I just hit 90 and I havent done much research on reputation items. I am overwhelmed on which one to start on first to get me the best gear piece. I have BS and Enchanting not sure if that matters. but I would like to know which one you start first and why. Thanks.Kosorì7 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Action bars not changing I'm currently leveling a warrior alt, I don't know if this is supposed to happen or not, but my action bars do not change when I switch specs. I do like to have different action bars with different tools on them for separate specs. Is there a reason for this? Or is this normal. I know the main bar will switch between stances, but I like to be able to switch between stances and keep my bars other than the main bar the same.Schizoidman5 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Carry that Flag Boy! Prot PVP FC Thread The last one we had for Cata was really inspiring... anyone planning on building a pure FC? I like how Mastery is actually on our gear now, no need to reforge as much. What talents do you guys think will be good for FCing? Seems like Shockwave is the best choice due to stuns and Avatar due to.... its Avatar.Klaq22 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 prot pvp question Are we gemming for resil again this season or is there another stat I'm supposed to be gemming for. All help appreciated. Edit: Meant to say resil not mastery.Volänaro12 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 arms solo leveling/questing help? just dusted off my warrior. haven't played in a long time... there are so many abilities now I feel overwhelmed! Can I get some help with the basic single target and aoe "rotations" for solo leveling as arms?Coldiscovery6 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Anyone else having issues with Pets? This is a serious question as I have not touched a hunter/lock since the release of MoP. The reason I ask this is because I have done a few instances with both classes; at times pets seems to taunt off me and other times I don't lose aggro at all. I know Shamans Earth Elemental taunts and they can't control it. The reason I ask this is because I have friends/guildies telling me that the hunter/lock should be able to toggle growl/taunt/whatever off their pets.......there have been now 3 runs where I have been told otherwise by pugs. I'd appreciate if anyone could clarify this for me. Thanks.Skullion2 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 What spec did you level with? I'm thinking arms and take prot as a back up at 30. I made a wargen warrior. WOOT! Woof!Sulvain1 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Where are all my trolls? I feel like I never see troll warriors. one of the main reasons i made this character. whats so bad about the darkspear?! I know there are some on the forums here. So trolls stick together!Hazdonzak5 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Warriors opinions please. Take a look at my armory and with the stats i have now should i be going fury or arms ? My friend told me to go arms until I have at least 22% crit, but I'm not sure. (Yes i know the belt, i haven't got anything better yet)Broxbane1 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Warrior Demoralizing Banner Macro NEED HELP! So I'm checking out the new 3 banners. Skull banner works great just throwing it into any macro and gets thrown at your feet and I’m fine with mocking Banner not getting thrown at your feet for the extra ranged taunt but I need help with the Demoralizing banner. Whenever I put it into a macro the mouse icon comes up to place it on the ground but I don’t want that, I want it to act like the skull banner and just get placed at my feet. I have tried a mouse over macro but I don’t want that either. To have it as a simple addition to my shield wall, block, barrier ect. Macro would be ideal. PS: to the admin who blocked all further comments on my last post for simply bumping my post trying to get a simple macro question answered, here is a new post and will continue to make posts untill i get an answer.Levìticus7 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 - please ignoreBaergrills0 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 When did warrior become fun for you? I'm not talking about patches ect. I'm talking about actual playtime. At what level did you decide "Hey I like this class...I'm sticking with it no matter what!". I've contemplated on playing a warrior for so long but I've been drawn in by the paladins ability to heal+tank+dps. Just thought I'd ask those warriors who've been around the block a few times. Also why did you choose to be a warrior?Dèstrégo21 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Prot Dps in PvE Any other tanks out there see how much dps pally and DK tanks are doing? I just don't understand why it was so important to nerf prot dps and not the other tanks. Maybe I am wrong, but the other tank classes seem to be pulling heavy dps compared to warrior prot. Anyone else seeing this?Mellkorr9 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 sorry couldnt find this anywhere Should i pop my skull banner with reck? i dont want to waste a cd. But idk if it will help me or yeah just waste a cd. Also TfB is cool and all but should i not be using HS unless i have it stacked up? because most of the time its hard to get it to 5 stacks before it runs out .Any help with be awesome :) im still kinda new to warriorFramed3 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 How to balance warrior. (I'm serious). Make Gag-Order a talent on the same tier as Shockwave. Make Bladestorm baseline, then nerf burst/buff consistent damage so they don't randomly one-shot someone with TFB and Reck up. Thoughts? I'd like to have a legitimate discussion about the class to see what you guys think (hopefully not trolls saying "derpaderp you're just not used to fighting warriors/it's about time we're viable"). BM Hunter on the other hand needs a complete re-work.Bestworld27 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Pew pew Smashern thangs wit me 2-hainders Edit: Listening to Nero-Angst whilst doing so.Importunus0 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Stone Guardian aggro.. hit/cap / mastery ques Im always having to chase these guardians down to get aggro again.. askmrrobot.com says to put all my reforge in mastery... when i did i had problems with aggro.. my hit and exp. wasn't capped.. i just reforged my gear to cap hit and expertise.. good idea? got hit/exp capped now.. mastery is at.. 26.99%Texastrooper3 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Prot: Colosus or Windsong? Hey all, I have been tanking with Colosus since I got a heroic 1h ad it procs very often, however 8k seems to be a pretty small absorb. I'm wondering if anyone has been messing around with Widsong for tanking, especially after the proc rate was increased. With windsong on you're getting increased chance to block which is total mitigation and I'm thinking about switching to Windsong, anyone else?Swatecke14 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 SMF vs TG does smf stay on top of tg? even tho 2hs have more str and better stats?Magonegro6 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 PVP Power and Shield Barrier As a prot warrior does PvP Power increase the stats of Shield barrier within a PvP area? To me it makes perfect sense that it should indeed, otherwise without vengeance this could be quite useless.Themerciless0 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Low DPS as Fury, need help. So I know I'm supposed to be face rolling the DPS charts, but it doesn't appear that I am. I've been kicked twice from heroics for low DPS, but I don't have recount, so I'm not actually aware of what my numbers are. I believe I am performing well with regards to move priorities though (i.e. my rotations). I try to keep Battle Shout up and use BT and CS as my top priority moves. Then I essentially RB > WS. I use Dragon Roar on cooldown, and try to match it up well with Bloodbath. HS as a rage dump, and Execute spams in the execute phase. All the basic stuff. For AoE I make sure I WW x3 into RB for Meat Cleaver. I keep forgetting to use my Skull Banner, but I get it in sometimes. Either way I don't see that making such a huge difference. I would love any advice. Click my pic for my gear.Gearcrow6 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Damage issues Title says it all, my max hit in pvp is like 15k, yet warriors with the same or less hp than me hit me for 40k non-stop. Heck, my level 86 dk does more dps than my warrior does. What gives? How are warriors with 290k hp hitting harder than me? Is there something I'm missing? Also, all the melee lag is getting really old. Unless I'm standing on top of someone, I'm going see "too far away" over and over again.Dredondador2 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 How hard do you think the nerf bat will hit? I honestly don't think second wind is OP and I don't think gag order is too over the top either maybe remove the silence off pummel but thats about it. I really hope they don't go over the top and nerf us into the ground and that seems to be the way nerfs and buff go.Recklessfury16 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Arms pve needs a buff plain and simple check the all the parsing logs of arms warriors and other classes arms needs a pve buff to be more competitiveIrrampage4 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 pve arms warrior help plox so basically i see every warrior pullin 10k more dps then me on single target bosses. hell i even see prot pullin the same as me on single target which is around 30-32k. i need to be pullin at least 40k single target dps. aoe is not a problem, but ive got to be missin somethin. i have 7.5 hit cap 7.5 exp cap ( just replaced a piece havent reforged and stuff yet), ive got the strength then crit. i have the rotation, MS,CS,OP slam to dump HS on 3+ stacks of TFB. i dont understand ive got to be missing something. you know or have any ideas plz help. also, i wouldnt mind a couple macros for single target and aoe dps for pve. thx in advanceWormonger3 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Buff warriors After a few BGs it is quite clear we need a buff to sustained damage and a bit of a nerf to burst. Doing crap damage for 80% of the time isn't fun.Rajang17 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 @Tuesday ... AND I WIN.Clutche47 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Arms Warrior: Where did i put my Polearm? Blizzard quick question. Warriors can use polearms but i don't recall any raid or progression type setting ever dropping a polearm with Strength on it. Can i haz back please? I might be the minority of warriors that actually liked polearms and for arms they are completely viable. Is there a way to at the very least provide us with a PvP polearm? Ever since weapon spec went away i've liked polearms. I'm not asking for a polearm on to drop on every single boss, but is there some way you might be able to add these into the game in some way either through pvp or through the rep/justice system? AKA put one in at exalted? I literally just want to use a polearm most the time, maybe the same thing with hunters where you can turn other 2hder weapons into polearms only? Any feedback welcome, we had em before, why can't i have them now?Cowpierate11 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Is Fury or Arms better for dps at end game? Same goes for PVP. And if Fury is better, is SMF or TG better? Thanks in advance!Leesinga14 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 need warrior macro plz i need something like /cast colossus smash /cast mortal strike /cast overpower but that actually works. thx in advance. i already have this that a guy gave me earlier. seems pretty nice and alot less clicking. #showtooltip recklessness /cast recklessness /cast skull banner /cast bloodbath /cast avatar /cast berserker rage /cast charge /use 13 /use 14Wormonger0 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 TARGETING IN ARENA what does everyone use?Ucantseame3 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Help with playing protection warrior Hi everyone, I am new to WoW and this low level warrior is my first character. I'm pretty dead set on being a warrior tank, but i would like to have some questions answered and i feel the community will answer them best. 1. Are warrior tanks just as viable as the other tank specs for different classes? 2. Are warrior tanks going to be effective in end-game content? 3. Are warrior tanks wanted by raid guilds and raiding in general? Ok this question is my most important. Would anyone mind giving me some tips and "things you have to know as a warrior tank". I plan on playing this warrior all the way through and so i just want a glimpse of the future and how i will be able to function my best in the future. I just started doing dungeons and i noticed i have a hard time holding aggro. I dont have any AOE and only one taunt that generates threat. I havent gotten any complaints from the people i dungeon with but i feel like my tanking is just not good enough. I would prefer that only people with experience in playing a protection warrior, or tanking reply but obviously i cant control that. Thanks in advance LucifrornLucifrorn16 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Where's the best place to find good macros? Been looking for ages. All the websites are out of date. Where do you get your macros?Cashew3 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Safeguard macro Anyone have a safeguard macro that targets safeguard to a teammate in arena and automatically safeguards to them? and if you have no teammate it does safeguard to the nearest person? ThanksTuuga4 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 17, 2012 Warriorest mount I am looking for a mount to fit a warrior's strenght and beard. I want my mount to represent our class well. Any ideas? It can be flying or notJordicus43 Oct 17, 2012
Oct 16, 2012 blood DK's and people are complaining about warriors being over powered? i had a 15 mind fight with a blood DK the best i managed to get was his health down to 40% sigh...Savik10 Oct 16, 2012
Oct 16, 2012 Panda Warriors What do you think of Panda's being Warriors? GOTakaimasurao31 Oct 16, 2012
Oct 16, 2012 Buff Warriors pls i just loose in pvps to warrior. pls buff ___--supporters list--___ Wretchedx Àrch Runescape HurrikaneRunescape13 Oct 16, 2012
Oct 16, 2012 Question regarding Expertise on MH/OH and WS. Hello fellow Warriors... Although actually, i'm on my Shaman right now and just realized that. I have a question regarding MH and OH Expertise when using TG Fury. Do they both need to be 7.50%? As of now, my MH has ~7.50% but my OH has ~6.50%, due to the Human racial. AskMrRobot.com is telling me this is correct, but i'd like some other input. Silverix on Crushridge is my Warrior for reference if you need it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/crushridge/Silverix/simple Also, I have a question about the rotation. I've read that if you don't have a Bloodsurge proc up, Wild Strike should only be used as a rage dump and that you should also be using Heroic Strike as a rage dump with >80 Rage (Unending Rage glyphed). So at what point do I use Wild Strike outside of Bloodsurge? Thanks everyone!Tayä2 Oct 16, 2012
Oct 16, 2012 DEATH KNIGHT SMASH! Naaaaa Jk :) But I do have a serious question. Are you warriors ever afraid of death knights in pvp? Or do you laugh and charge right in?Glowdy4 Oct 16, 2012
Oct 16, 2012 How to fight a Monk? I know one of the best ways to learn a class's counters is to level one up yourself, but as I am lazy, I'd like to make a thread that situates around Warrior cooldown management when finding himself fighting a monk, which is becoming increasingly more often as the expansion rolls on. While PvP is never balanced around 1 v 1's, I just want to know what should we look out for? I'm noticing roots, incapacitates, and disarms being their most used CC's that are a hindrance towards Warriors. Also noticeably, is a 2-3 second window where they are completely invulnerable to attacks (100% Miss ratio) after being stunned. I notice that charging Monks can be quite annoying. Anyone else have any similar experiences, tips, tricks, etc.? Any particular thing we should save our trinket for when fighting Monks?Kerdic3 Oct 16, 2012
Oct 16, 2012 DPS issue in arena Hey guys, So where to begin, I've been running 2's and 3's, nothing serious because i have the ROV bug. But anyway back on topic in arena I'm really struggling at doing any kind of DPS. In BG's I dont struggle at all I hit pretty dam hard like most warriors. My concern is in arena, My DPS (regardless of the teams gear or rating) is extremely low. I mean low low low.....I tracked my hits and i'll post just a few below..... Heroic strike 6-8k non crit 8-11k crit 12-18k crits all CD popped avatar, recklessness, banner Mortal strike 7-10k non crit 10-12k crit 13-17k crits all CD popped avatar, recklessness, banner Overpower (this is my fav) 4-6k non crits 6-9k crits 8-11k crits all CD popped avatar, recklessness, banner. (and CS is always up kept.) Now this was vs another warrior team His heroics were critting for 50-65k+ his MS were a good 50k OP was 30-50k Shockwave ( my fav again ) 85k crit. thats with all his CD's popped obviously. My partner is in full PvP gear and died in 4 hits from the warrior alone. My 4 same hits assumsing same rotation roughly does about 25k dmg...... So long story short is anyone else having this problem? And is there a chance I could be bugged cause WoW have been problimatic in arenas for me like extremely bad. Any help or ideas would be great.Phóenix10 Oct 16, 2012
Oct 16, 2012 Battle Shout Glyph Please change the battle shout glyph to make you breath fire for a second instead of jump.Krakau1 Oct 16, 2012
Oct 16, 2012 Leveling as Fury: rage issues First off: Yes, I know you're supposed to level as prot. I just prefer to level in the character's final spec because I seem to learn the spec and role better when I do. My problem: With average gear, no heirlooms, and at such low levels, I don't seem to be able to keep my rage up. i find I have to wait around for Bloodthirst to come off cooldown, or for my rage to rise to a useful level. No doubt haste, hit, more abilities, and such will fix this later, but for now I'm stumped... and I don't want to DPS in dungeons by standing around autoattacking most of the time.Stakiyah8 Oct 16, 2012