Warrior

Nov 9, 2012 When Should I learn or try TANKING I am leveling arms and having a time. I would like to know when I should learn how to or try Tanking a 5 man?Throttinke2 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 Idea To Help Fury Without Hurting Pve Hey All I was thinking of something that can help Fury in pvp without breaking it in pve or making it Op. Back in beta when the devs were trying to figure out where to have fury start out at with crit for enrages they juggled around a few possibilities, the first was that bloodthirst would have baseline 20% crit chance, which they figured was too low and then they changed it to baseline 40% which was too high. In order for fury to have a relatively steady Raging blow uptime in pvp, you need Atleast 20% crit which gives bloodthirst a 40% chance to crit, making enrages come frequently enough to hold a steady rotation, the problem lies in getting to 20% crit causes you to lose out in pvp power, which is essential to put out a good amount of damage against players, ontop of losing out on other stats such as expertise. As i said in beta blizz thought 20% was too low and 40% was too high, but how things are set up now i believe the perfect balance would be between 25-30% Baseline crit for fury. Personally I think 30% would be perfect but this can work with 25% as well, But what this does is grant pvpers enough crit for a sustainable rotation due to bloodthirst having a 45% crit chance (40% for a 25% baseline) at 15% crit, which is roughly where arms and fury are sitting at in order to get the most optimal stats. The Pros: 1. Fury is able to have a sustainable rotation for pvp without sacrificing everything to crit. 2. This also benefits fresh 90 warriors who want to raid endgame as fury since they wont have to switch to arms due to having enough raging blow uptime. 3. As players get more epics the crit bonus will eventually equal out to what it is currently at in this tier. 4. This also gives players more flexibility with there stats to try out what works to get max benefit. Cons. I didnt really see any cons to this other then if Bloodthirst crit was 25% baseline it would fall behind faster in later tiers once you got past 25% crit, however, at 30% crit baseline for Bloodthirst it wouldn't start to fall behind till really you hit 35% crit, which the amount would be so small anyways (70% crit now as opposed to 65% crit with this change) that it really wouldn't make too much of a difference. Tl:DR Blizz should try adjusting the crit bonus on BT to 30% baseline on the ptr in order to help out fury warriors in pvp and leveling/gearing up. This will not have a huge effect on fully geared warriors and will be a buff to fresh 90 fury warriors.Ezyo9 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 Request for Help; Fury Warrior on Elegon Normally I'm not one to ask for help figuring out why I died, simply out of not wanting to be made to look like a fool to the entire warrior community. However, after wiping to Elegon 12 times last night during a guild run, and experiencing death halfway into the fight for 11 out of 12 of these encounters, I'm really just left scratching my head wondering why. My character(and not the original Rouncer, just loved the name); http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Rouncer/simple World of Log Parses; http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l233mqzf16t2lxcd/ Can anyone help me answer the following questions; 1) Outside of the obvious reasons why I died on each encounter, can anyone help me figure out how to reduce my overall damage taken? I understand the encounter (melee need to run out @ six stacks, reset, run back), but I kept dying to Total Annihilation sitting at 3 stacks. 2) How can I improve my overall DPS output to compensate for the large difference between the Hunter of our raid and I? I've read/heard that Arms actually produces better DPS results for those who lack gear (crit), but I've got encounters logged for both Arms and SMF, and SMF was doing quite a bit more DPS per encounter attempt. 3) Just looking over my logs, are there any recommendations the community can make to help me improve not just my performance on this fight, but overall performance improvements? I would greatly appreciate some constructive feedback, but criticism is welcome too.Rouncer6 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 Warrior pvp rotation? Decided to level my warrior to 90. Saw they changed a few things. What is the base rotation? I guess my question comes because of Slam. Its now instant, should I use this over heroic strike?Clegane1 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 Few item hinderance? Is it possible for 4 item slot to hinder my dps? MY helm/Trinkets and feet are not the best or even for my spec. Is it possible they are dragging my deeps down badly, im talking hitting a 27k ceiling single target. Or it could be my rotation, I would like to know what you all have to say. (I accidently picked the wrong SHA questline item)Drecapz4 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 Taste for blood tracking Ok so I want a good addon for tracking my taste for blood stacks where i can relocate it and put it closer to the center of my screen. I dont want to relocate my whole default buff bar but I just want a moveable graphic that will help me track my taste for blood stacks. I was pretty sure id be able to use power auras to give some kind of similar effect but it seems that they havent updated the addon for mop? I guess i need to find something else.Dulhaun18 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 warrior easy tanking I have had a pally tank...I have a DK right now..and my warrior tank....compared warrior tanks seem easier to manage..i am not saying better or anything..just easier....Seems to be very easy with spells used..they tend to blend well together...Wushusword2 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 Fury warrior needs help Hi guys, I have some fury war dps questions In LFR, I can pull 55~60k + while in actual raiding environment I only pull average about 45~55k dps, which is a 10 k difference. I really need some help regarding dps. I've been practicing on dummy and realize that on 85 dummy I can do 50k dmg (without execute phase of course) and on raider dummy I can only do about 40k dmg and once again a 10k difference in dps. (This is the average number without using burst cds) I realized that often on raid bosses the bloodthirst has very less frequent chance to cause enrage and thus proc raging blow which is extremely annoying, is this normal? Also for experienced fury war, do you guys just use BerzRage and CS to keep up enraged and the debuff or hit CS/Brage as often as possible?Vánagandr7 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 pvp arms glyph/talent combo with 5.1 nerfs incoming what are you planning to use? i switched out gag order for hindering strikes, bull rush for enraged speed, and avatar for bloodbath...1 min bloodbath, 30 sec zerker rage with increased speed, and hindering strikes, i like it better than the previous set up...Trappinbales2 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 Our only silence? Awesome Thank Blizz, its not like u already took out "throw down," Maybe time to focus on my DK That actually Has a ranged silence. Sure nerf our DMG but our utility?Gaijhen26 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 soloing high priestess kil'nara as prot Hi guys, I want to solo High Priestess Kil'nara (the panther boss in new ZG). I've been doing it since 5.04 hit on my hunter, but I figured being able to do it multiple times a day on different characters would be good for increased chance at the mount. I am in terrible gear (like.. 430 ilvl) but I've seen a few vids of prot warriors soloing her at 85. Any advice for this fight? The biggest problem I seem to have is lash of anguish. Thanks in advance!Marsháll6 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 Way more damage as Prot? So I like DPS. Which is why I chose Arms naturally, but I wanted to try tanking so I dual spec'd as a Prot. Turns out I don't like tanking (alot of pressure), so I'd like to stick to DPS. But with devestate, I notice that the damage I'm doing as Prot is a lot more, and I'm killing single targets within 3 hits. As arms, it takes me a hell of a lot longer. So my question is, why is the tank spec doing way more damage then the dps spec?Albard4 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 LFR belt vs klaxxi For fury warriors: 130str loss vs 110crit gain. BiS things have klaxxi ahead but I don't trust them. Plus the added bonus of having more reforge flexibility (using the lfr)Burmy2 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 vs holy paladins? Do pretty decent as warrior druid kinda just team hopping as I haven't played since bc and really need to get comfortable with the class changes. Only team that really HARD counters us is warrior/Hpally. Can't put enough pressure on paladin and it turns into enemy warrior sitting on my druid and trying to set up a heart of the wild burst kill which has been completely unsuccessful (currently have 4 ties @ 45 min games and 1 loss which my druid d/c). wat do?Jaedek1 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 Transmog Rating Thread Dystopia2 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 @Thursday I see now... someone must have reported me and had @Wednesday deleted. You know what I have to say to you person? http://i.imgur.com/lSHxf.gifRanikotar101 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 plate transmog help please im looking for some plate legs that look like the dk starter set? or the righteous pally set? its plate...but looks like a robe at the bottom? does that make sense >.< im going to go with this set and hopeful change out the legs: http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1518 what im going for is the a Asian look...think samurai? plate at the top, with a robe like thingy at the bottom? check out this pick if that helps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:EugeneCollache.jpg is there any plate piece like this? other than the pk and pally pieces? any help is greatly appreciated! also what do you guys think about my rogues mog? =DDåwnbreaker3 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 Keep increased RageGen with Avatar in 5.1 while in defensive stance? Please? Otherwise, my choices as a PVE Prot warr become pretty lacklustre.Nerdrage3 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 TfB nerf "Back on topic; we are going to be trying out a change on the PTR where Taste for Blood will only be able to stack to a maximum of three. As has been said earlier in the thread and by Ghostcrawler on Twitter, the chance of getting five stacks is so incredibly low that this will have very little balance implications. We do admit though, the lack of it continuing to occur after this will be a nice quality of life and balance change. :)" So should we try Fury now? lolProphexor17 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 What glyph to replace gag order? Was just trying to see what people will be running with once gag order is removed? I was thinking MS glyph or maybe CS. Post your suggestions and choices here!Brazin1 Nov 9, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Transmog 1hander Thinking about doing the full destroyer set for my prot warrior and wasn't sure which 1 hander to use that would go with it...any suggestions? Preferrably a 1h sword since thats what im using and most prot weapons this xpac are swordsTrixxes6 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Leveling Fury Warrior help! So i finally got around to leveling my lvl 60 warrior since i left it during wrath....and i think i may be doing something wrong....it seems like i am auto attacking a lot waiting for rage to generate to use other attacks.... i am trying to follow this priority, provided by the fury guide sticky: CS > BT > RB > WS, HS over 60 rage Bloodsurge is procced: RB + something > WSx3 as of right now....the only ability i am missing from that is CS which i get at level 81....so i'm usually just BT spamming every 4 secs...and auto attacking inbetween, then using WS whenever i can....sometimes i will get the bloodsurge proc and i spam WSx3 asap....then back to BT spamming and auto attacking w/ the occasional wild strike the only time i get to RB is when Berserker Rage is up...as it's my only way to enrage at the moment i believe....or whenever some random proc pops up and i get to use it once is auto-attacking quite a bit normal while leveling, or is this what it will be like at lvl 90 as well?Suijin4 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Fury rotation question. Watching Landsouls guide he said that WhirlWind with a Raging Wind proc hits for more on single target over a wild strike. Does this still hold true when Bloodsurge is procced? Or would a bloodsurge wild strike hit for more than a whirl wind with a raging wind glyph proc?Thorsaken1 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Any proof that Fury wont beat arm for PvP ? As a see it they all have the same tools but fury have bloodthirst (minor heal) and Arm have die by the sword. but fury also have another tool for raider. Using a 2h PvE weapon. PvP power on 2 hander work for only 1 weapon so BiS weapons for a fury warrior in PvP would be Raid PvE 2h and a PvP 2handers.Ishak13 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 PVE Fury Gemin I know for Gems, Crit is outscale STR by quite a bit, but by how much? Are JCs using the Big STR gem or Crit gem? 320str Vs 480crit PS. New Darkmoon card Vs Chance on hit PVP trinket, for Arena O_OTonystarklol3 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Avatar - Beastial Wrath They made avatar almost exactly like beastial wrath except for the fact that beastial wrath is on a 1 min cd and Avatar is a 3 min cd. They took away the rage increase while affected and made the buff only 4 seconds longer (not a liable compensation), where as beastial wrath goes unchanged. =/ Blizz why give us avatar if its just gonna be another wasted button like Deadly Calm.Destromonger7 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Potions and Elixirs (prot) Are you guys running with the flask of the earth (1250 stamina) or another elixir? I have been using flask of the earth, but am not sure how beneficial the extra stamina is. Our healers seem to keep me > 50% mostly so I am thinking of switching to Monk's Elixir for more mastery along with Mantid Elixir for more armor. In terms of potions - is anyone using anything other than health potions? Potion of the mountain (armor) could be useful, but it seems only for fights where there is heavy melee damage. ThanksLevix0 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Avatar over Storm Bolt? This is something that's always puzzled me. I understand why people would use Avatar, but I don't necessarily understand why people favored it over Storm Bolt. It would seem to be about as efficient, considering it's only a 30 second cooldown and stuns whatever target for a few seconds. Is it because that Avatar gives the rage generation and damage boost?Vìntersorg8 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Too much rage? So I hit heroic strike a lot in pvp a lot more than I would think was intended. Actually so much that I feel a little more comfortable pvping in defensive stance. Does anyone else feel this way?Dulhaun3 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Mistweaver problems I figured that a few stuns would be exempt from the mistweaver ability. For anyone who is unaware for some reason. When you stun a mistweaver everyone will miss with all abilities for 2.5 seconds. This passive has a 10 second internal cooldown. If I charge a mistweaver it comes out of my charge before I can even apply a slow. Usually it rolls away forcing me to throw a banner and intervene or leap at it. I am also unable to use shockwave to any great effect. The question is have any of you found a way to stay on a mistweaver? I have given up trying to kill mistweavers, and I wonder now does this also nullify deepfreeze for mages? The very worst part is that some idiot in a battleground will try to stun it anyway. The miss should really only apply to the person who stunned it. [Edit] I'm also trying to save gag order for pvp. I figure instead of the laughable "solution" they have we should come up with something better. 1: Gag order could remain as is but add a cast time to heroic throw making it more of a focus cc like fear, repent. 2: Gag order could only affect heroic throw and not pummel removing one blanket silence.Goldenxena7 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Salvaging Gag order Lets assume we lose gag order as it is. Do you all think we should get something in return? I was thinking a glyph that reduces the CD on heroic throw and adds a snare or root to it giving us something like chains of ice.Goldenxena0 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Fury Trinket Question Hey guys, This may have been already asked, but I have 3 trinkets and I'm not sure which combo to use. I don't really know how to use Simcraft to test it out for myself. Carbonic Carbuncle (LFR) Lei Shins Final Order Relic of Xuen I know Relic is definitely one, but should i use it with LFR Lei Shins or Carbuncle? Thanks in advance.Karguk7 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Why is shockwave on a 20 second cd? This is something I've been kind of curious about recently. An aoe 4 second stun on a 20 second cd? No other class has something like that. Add to that pummel, heroic throw, and fear and they've got the best caster control (and in general some of the best control) in the game. I'm afraid this is just going to turn into another rant about warriors, but I feel it's legitimate. They easily outclass every other melee atm. Swap me for a warrior in any comp and it'll do better. They have better CC, better survivability, insane mobility and more interrupts than any other class in game. Oh. And some pretty retarded burst. I understand that changes are being made, but forget the nerf stick. Hit em with a nerf bazooka.Bloodweaver71 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 5.1 Patch nerfs?? Mage/Warrior Hey guys here is us twins discussing about the advantages and dis advantages for Patch 5.1 and whats going to happen to mages and warriors really soon, hope you's all enjoy it :)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xy87399y5Y&list=UUIGmluK6-_uAeQUIgKUk7Ww&index=1&feature=plcpByson3 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Creating rage on low lvl warrior? I specced Prot. Currently lvl 19, use a shield and 1hd in protection stance, and just running dungeons now. I noticed my rage bar hardly moves, especially on a boss fight. I charge in when I can and throw a shield bash, sunder armor. If either of the first two miss or immune I am out of rage and stuck in auto attack. Am I doing it wrong or does it get better with time?Getlostalot1 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Arms noob DPS tips Hey dudes, so i'm not claiming expertise in the slightest. Got a 70 arms warrior no glyphs, !@#$ty trinkets, etc. Only been playing the game for a couple months mainly for fun and exploration, but the stress of lacking in the DPS field when in an instance is starting to weigh me down and it would be nice to actually assist my mates :P. Apparently my DPS is sickeningly low and i don't have a solid 'rotation' of skills mainly stick to shouting, mortal strike, overpower, dragon roar (since arms can't easily spam slam lately). At any rate my rage stays pretty low and my damage blowwws. Again i openly admit to my noob-dom i'd just like some direction. I really appreciate it. Stay metal \m/Helliminator2 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Monks and warriors Hey guys, I made this post on the monk forum's and was wondering if ya'll could have a look as well. Thanks in advance! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006245757Lilen0 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 When did the Warrior Forums... Or the Class Forums in general become a sounding board for other classes aside from Warriors to post here and qq? This seems to be something relatively new as far as I can tell. Although I don't pvp much, outside of the occasional wpvp dust-up, it seems to me that a whole lot of people just need to L2P. I mean, for real, what does 'balanced' mean exactly? In my mind that sounds like when you enter into some pvp, everyone's health goes to exactly 100, and nobody is able to cause any damage at all to one another. There. Perfectly Balanced. Problem Solved.Nerdrage10 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Tanking... boring? A bit of a rant... and I know I'll get trolled.. but whatever... I've been Warrior Tanking since BC (PvP'd to FM on a Mage during Vanilla). I remember doing a Shattered Halls run with no CC (which was unusual for Warriors as most groups wanted Paladins cause of Concentration and Holy Shield)... Berserker Rage, Charge in... Shield Slam, Swap targets, Shield Bash, swap target, Revenge, swap, Demo Shout, Devastate, Hamstring a runner, etc..etc..etc all while keeping Shield Block active every 5 seconds, stance dancing, and so on... Ok... maybe BC was overkill, but in WoTLK it was still fun - and when you got enough power to pull large large AoE groups and hold threat - it was AMAZING... and SOOOOOOOOO Fun... And i don't know... these days it just seems OVERLY simplified... I just logged into my 85 Warrior, queued, and was actually disappointed... I know the raid encounters are more intense, but it seems like they just shaved too much off the warrior class. Previously, I would easily run 4+ dungeons a day (even after content was old)... it was exciting and challenging. Now, it just seems like charge... thunderclap... nap... am I missing something? I know having a tank as complex as a Cata Arcane mage is quite appealing to the masses.. but this seems a bit overdone. Thanks to all that read my rant!Shakazoom4 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Low DPS? Quick question, i am currently pulling 35-40k dps in Heroics. It feel like im doing too little? can someone inspect me and help me out? Also, i cant make up my mind as to what i should be using? bloddbath or avatar? combined with shockwave and dragon ?Dzncuddles5 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Nerfing Gag order? So I've been told a lot recently from many different people in warcraft that Gag order will no longer be effective against enemy players, be it in arena or bg. I just need to know why. From my experiences so far battling any characters, the only thing saving me from getting raped by casters is Gag Order. Last arena I went in was vs resto druid and a destro lock. I couldn't do anything. Once my trinket was used there was no moving for me. Cycloned every chance the druid got, or seduced by the lock's Succubus. If not those, then rooted in place when I've used my cd's and feared the entire time. Or how about 2's against monks? They literally stun you every 3 seconds whether they're mistweaver or windwalker. They silenced my heals practically the entire time with throat jab, and they can run from you a little too easily. Kiting would be a non issue if my healer could do... Anything. And what of pally stuns? If we can't silence them, they stun every 30 seconds, maybe less depending on how they're spec'd. It lasts for 6 seconds. Too bad my shockwave doesn't do that for me, They would be dead. Warrior pally vs 2 shadow priests, they wouln't die till hey ran out of mana. As long as One could cast, they could keep each other's health up through damage, and they're supposed to be a dps spec. Not to mention Enrage doesn't keep them from fearing or stunning you constantly. So why nerf warriors at all? They're fantastic where they're at. If the other class knows how to play their class AT ALL, they shouldn't have a problem against a warrior. I do get raped often, but there are a lot of people I can destroy. It really depends on the skill level of the player. I just feel it would be too detrimental to warriors to take away gag order. if that happened, we'd have no place in BG.Deathroamer0 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 To everyone complaining about TFB Take that. http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/243511-warriors-are-fine-its-a-l2p-issue/Reckstorm24 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Fury nerf? in my LFR 2 days ago, I was doing 70k sustained (burst around 130k). I was sharing the top 10 with two other fury warriors. tonight, in my LFR (same gear, same reforge, same rotation) I'm doing 40k sustained. and I'm sharing the bottom 10 with two other fury warriors. I commented on it and someone said fury got nerfed today. can I get a confirm/deny?Bombshell15 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 binding spells to keys what keys do you guys bind spells to? i tried binding all my stuff to 1-6 and shift 1-6 but its just too aggravating to click that combo of buttons. what have u guys bound or spells to. or is their a link to like a common build.Dpscarry16 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 Warrior PvP Video! Crit/Dmg Montage! :) Hey guys thought id do a little something for yas to watch, hope u guys enjoy it! :) A tribute to Swifty and Bajheera Both Awesome guys to watch! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZV3YJOqYpE&list=UUIGmluK6-_uAeQUIgKUk7Ww&index=3&feature=plcp Movie Edited by Byson (My Twin IRL) Byson (Armory): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Byson/simple HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY! :) please like and subscribe if u like this Vid thanks! :)Vandettah3 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 How is Warrior Tanking? My guild is asking me to level a tank, How are warriors with tanking at 90. Healing them, is sometimes easy, depending on there gear. How is threat? with a lot of mobs? just one? How is survival? with a lot of mobs? just one?Plushie12 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 A few questions..... Am thinking of returning this toon to tanking after his holiday since the end of BC. What should I be aiming at stats wise ? such as hit rating, expertise, dodge, parry and block % lol, and maybe a quick critique :-PBarmy2 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 LOCKS: W T F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok im in a bg right now and there are 3 of them and there is not god damn way in hell we are winning. we are all being global ed in seconds. People complain about warriors being OP? man F that shiz!Goreus31 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 8, 2012 SMF OR TG FOR PVP? what do more dps in pvp(dunno what use considering the pvp power bonus of 2h weapons, if u have 2 will be a beast)Yunu1 Nov 8, 2012
Nov 7, 2012 I need tank advice I suck. I have a hard time holding aggro. I thunderclap everytime if its off cd and i target the ones i lose aggro on and taunt and shield slam or revenge or if those on cd i devestate. I only use cleave on procs. Shockwave is always on cd. Anyone got some good tips for just getting instant aggro before the dps takes it with their aoes on my charge or leap in? Ill leap in and then clap and then shockwave them all then see that one is losing threat target and shield slam or revenge on it and still end up having to taunt it cause alot of people are doing 80-90k when im doing 40k and i gotta taunt alot. Just like any reforging advice you could give would be great. To the people who are gonna say stop sucking or l2p just dont do it pls. open to advice tho just started warrior tanking 4 days ago or about that long.yea im defensive stance i always complete the dungeons but im always taunting something.Hulkbrogan18 Nov 7, 2012