Warrior

Oct 9, 2012 Protection Warriors should get mortal wounds So during leveling today I realized that Thunderclap and Devastate both apply deep wounds which to me seems weird. Seeing how Devastate uses no rage and has no Cool Down you can keep deep wounds up 100% of the time. What I was thinking is instead of Thunderclap causing deep wounds it could cause mortal wounds. Seeing how fury and arms Specialization get Mortal Wounds. Seems only right that Protection warriors get Mortal Wounds as well It can be helpful in both PVE and PVP.Nyble4 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Gemming for Arms Anyone have suggestions on how to gem for Arms warriors? I'm so confused - I've been using the Icy Veins guide for stat management - and previously they were talking about using all critical gems (crit/str in red, pure crit in yellow, crit/hit blue, a crit-based meta)... They just updated today and now they say to use the same gemming model as in Cata. (reververating meta, str red, str/crit yellow, str/hit blue). Other guides, such as Ask Mr. Robot, still say do the crit-focused model. Any suggestions? I don't have raid gear yet, so I only have a couple of sockets, but hitting LFR today, I need to know what's the optimal gemming strategy. I'm so confused...Minoke5 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 PvP Stat help! Like the title says I need help with stat weightings for arms PvP. Ive looked around on different websites and havent found a pvp guide yet. Thanks guys!Vorkan3 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Stormbolt use How many people are using stormbolt for bosses? I am finding myself doing more damage on the bosses because at my current gear level I have open globals. Having an ability that hits for 100+k during colossus over 30 seconds is very nice. I found that with blood bath, I was only getting 10k ticks for the 6 second duration. It seems that at least for me, at a lower gear lvl (with less crit meaning less RB) on boss fights that storm bolt can be very nice.Shaokahn5 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Be my gear optimizer please! (Tanking) Either that or tear shreds into me of what i need to do/ have done wrong for tanking obviously.Tuffkant5 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Arms rotation? I just started learning arms again, and it seems that I spend a lot of time twiddling my thumbs. Heroic strike use is also minimal, being useless unless 5 stacked or rage capped (which happens once a blue moon for me). A lot of times I MS -> Overpower, no proc, and then I sit there at 30 fury waiting for 3 seconds. Is there something else I can be doing? Also I'm rarely pooled enough in rage to justify using slam to fill those times either. I feel like overpower thirst procs should be higher. Maybe I just have bad luck.Sibilance1 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Best for pve Fury or arms, or is it even, can anyone tell me plzMagonegro2 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 I love the QQing!!! Lol I am just loving all the QQing that is happening in the forums about warriors. When we finally get a fighting chance against any class now, everyone starts saying warriors are too OP. I'm loving it. The baddies that get beat do exactly what they did in Cataclysm and blow all their CDs in the beginning, only to have us use our Defensive Attacks and annihilate them. I've been beat by players who just know how to play their characters and know how to time attacks correctly. It's just so hilarious to me, to read through the forums about Warriors. It's making my day, lemme tell you.Strengths17 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 New Weapon? Ive seen everyone with this weapon ive got and was wondering where i can get a better weapon? Preferable if it was a 2 handed Axe or Sword please!Robbyodom7 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Will warrior really be destroyed? Everyone is saying that warrior is gona get a huge nerf...And im afraid s10 repeats itself.What do u guys think,reroll needed?Orichio2 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Fresh 90 Spec! Hey guys. Fresh 90 with a few heroic blues (weps) and i'm fury spec. My question is, should I stay fury for optimal dps right now or wait till I have more gear and in the mean time switch to arms?Borren1 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Wow.. Warriors Something needs to happen, this is insane.... Stun/Silence/Stun/Spell Reflect/Mass Spell Reflect/Repeat.... cc's are never on cooldown....., not saying its extremely op, nerf the !@#$ out of it, but there should be a small increase to some cooldowns in their rotation, no worse then a mages spellsteal spam thoughTerror24 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Silvershard Mines... Words cannot describe my hate for this stupid !@#$ing battleground. NOR for the %^-*tards for team mates I always get. YES, I'M !@#$ING MAD AND I'M %^-*ING QQING. /done ragingMonikth3 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Warriors don't really need self-heals. We already do absurd damage and have superb mitigation. A self-heal like Second Wind makes it almost insultingly easy to kill anybody, anywhere, anytime. Why even have it? Tactical bandages were fine, honestly. Just let Warriors be Warriors again, not Healadors.Mxyzptlk16 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 65 Warrior - w/o second wind lol Hi there. Second wind is good however I am told I am good but if i am fighting healers who can pretty much go from 0 to full in a second or so it doesn't make much of a difference. Does it become different at higher level ? Just wondering what all the fuss is about and why people think its so powerf it because DK, Ret Paladins can all burst me down no problem.....(I win some, but not all of it) Seems like the toughest ones are the dps healers who seem to be able to heal amazingly... Different with resilience ? just trying to understandPsalms1 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 90 Warriors do too much damage I was in a regular 90 heroic. The warrior was doing 60% of the damage. He was DPS. He had worse gear than me. I was DPS too and could not get near the warriors numbers. I was trying very hard too hitting every cooldown. not happy at all. i'm literally quitting the game because of this. unsubbing both my accounts right now. this reminds me of diablo 3 bull crap see ya blizzHalems16 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 @Monday And so the cycle is complete. I missed @Sunday, but whatevs. I was partying it up with my friend for his 18th birthday. Some peoples' coming of age involves women and lots of booze. We debated the finer points of Chinese grammar.Jorion71 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Enchant help please I just got mop today and i need someone to inspect Elfpunk and tell me what enchants I can put on my three new gear items (chest, shoulders, and hands). Thank you!Elfpunk1 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 PvP - how do you guys do after macro? Subject, question for arms /macro trinket/reck/avatar.. It has amazing burst, but how do you guys feel about this class in MoP without it, or when it's off cooldown in PvP, as far as actually dropping a class and getting a kill? I personally feel that the sustained dps is pretty low and the trinket stuff too high; preferred they nerf the macro, just a tad, and up the sustained dps a la dkXpotion0 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Prot Chest Enchant 80 stats or 300 stam? Sorry for the noobishness; Haven't tanked seriously since Magtheridon's Lair and there's no sticky to supplement my massive gap of knowledge as to what's been happening to prot since then.Fourforty2 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 WARRIOR MACROS Can u Guys tell me where to fing the macros for warrior in mop...I mean all macros that are usefull for us..PLZOrichio1 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 [Fury] Raging Wind With the addition of Glyph of Raging Wind which makes our Raging Blow give Whirlwind a 10% damage increase, could Whirlwind be worked into our regular rotation considering Wild Strike is such a weak skill?Lemonpie0 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 I find it funny.... Now don't get me wrong I totally agree to the fact that Prot warriors where doing insane amounts of damage. On average I could pull 220k with a good couple trash pulls all together. But reading over all the other classes I see the monk tank's did not receive any nerf's what so ever, this is the funny part comparing my prot dps to a monks like I said i could pretty well average 220k i've seen some monks average 300k....Krom23 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 I still like you guys Stay strong warrior buddies, don't let them haters get you downAvaira2 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 LOL @ Second Wind. ^Fuak54 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Asking for some tips for rage. Giving fury a try again, yes I know bad gear, but my problem right now in fury is lack of rage. I keep running out rage in pve fights. I have not even hit the dungeons yet. Is fury just burst damage here and there or is there something I am missing when it comes to fury. Note ive played mostly arms over the years not fury. Ive messed with a few times but thats about ti.Sworoth0 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Is hamstring obselete now? Since PH and HS seems to outclass it now.Sinnedyo10 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Prot Gems for Ghost Iron Dragonling? Which Prot Gems would be recommended for the Ghost Iron Dragonling? Right now I have Fractured Tinker's Gear, Precise Tinker's Gear and Flashing Tinker's Gear for +600 Mastery, Expertise and Parry, but I wonder if I should swap Parry to Hit instead?Tekwala2 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 Leveling: Arms or Fury? I'm about to start an alt warrior of mine, and I have the heirlooms to basically make any of the specs work but my question is this, would Arms or Fury be more viable (I understand that any spec can faceroll level now, I guess I'm more asking what would be a better playstyle to learn before I hit MoP content). And also if the answer is Fury, is it SMF or TG that seems to come out ahead? I know in the past it was basically whatever you had the weapons for so if that is it that's fine I'm just looking for some input from some of you veteran warriors. Thanks!Lelliana4 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 PROT PVP Anyone else play flag carrier master race? How is it at lvl 90? I changed to Prot from Arms at lvl 70 because I like the spec more (dat survivability) and I like to play flag carrier in bgs.. I'v never played in RBGs though, do people usually have a dedicated flag carrier in an RBG team? And is Prot a good choice? Or is one of the other Prot classes more preferred?? ThanksSachtler1 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 PvP checklist Hello! Before I set foot into arena this season, I was hoping I could get some assistance from fellow warriors, in terms of what pieces, gemming, reforging, etc. I haven't pvp'd since 30% ds nerf, so I never really experimented with pvp power. Could someone create a item loadout of the appropriate conquest items as well as gemming + reforging for a arms warrior? I would really appreciate it! e/ Would this be what I should gear as? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Cludge/simpleBrian5 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 When does Arms or Fury beat Prot in DPS? Im currently at level 44 using a Protection warrior and queing as DPS for dungeons (Only enjoy dungeon leveling) Just wondering if anyone knows at what point Arms becomes more effecient? or fury for that matterPetrodex1 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 I have a stupid question Been busy with work so haven't had much time at 90 and even less time to toy with abilities/mechanics of MoP. With that being said, can someone answer my stupid question? If you use the "Hindering Strikes" glyph http://www.wowhead.com/item=43414 And you take "Staggering Shout" http://www.wowhead.com/spell=107566 Does that allow you to do the following: charge -> heroic strike -> staggering shout with a result of rooting someone for 5 seconds? Wasn't sure if the slow applied via Hindering Strikes qualified as a 'snare' which would allow the Staggering Shout root mechanic or not. Basically I am weighing my alternatives from a PvP perspective regarding what would allow the most mobility options. Thanks!Squirrelnut8 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Tips for a new warrior? Well, not completely new. I had a beard then abandoned it in early Cata. I just rerolled the warrior Alliance side to do some tanking. I'll be PvE only. Any tips?Hazzal3 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Help starting back up So as anyone who looks at my gear can see i have not touched my warrior in a long long time! But I have to decided to start him back up but need help on where to start. I need help on where to start leveling up for the fastest progression and to gear up. Also how is our state in PvP right now? And are we still the best tanks?Servitus10 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 [Protection] Gearing up for raids I'm about to hit lvl 90 and begin preparing to raid with my guild. Is there a pre raid BiS gear list for tanks? Seems every previous expansion I had no problem finding one on these forums and they were so useful in helping me gear up. Just trying to know which pieces to aim for via heroics, crafting, boe, and valor.Jacktheblade2 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Strong 2s and 3s warrior teams Can someone please give me some strong teams I should be looking to try out in arena for 2s and 3s?Savagehero8 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 why haste on our shoulders? Seems like blizz always puts haste on our pvp stuff. Why do they do this? Maybe they just like seeing us reforge. Anyhow blizz, next time please just stack our gear with crit or even mastery, thanks.Skullchoppa1 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Need a transmog Well when I made it to lvl 90 and saw the new pvp gear, I saw that I would need a transmog. I really don't wanna look like a spartan chicken. So anyone got any cool sets they could suggest? And no tier 6, dont like it. Thanks guys P.S. I was thinking maybe the purple recolor of the judgement set. What do u guys think of that?Tyrrannus7 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Soo much tears. Like come on. The warrior class has been under powered in s10-11, almost "1 1/2 years." Just let us have fun... pls?Sinamoi9 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 quick pvp video I put together. sorry for the crappy editing and error messages. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIXHy6a7OA4&feature=youtu.beThorsaken1 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Best 2h wep i can get from questing? Hey guys, is there a good dps wep you can get, just from questing? Maybe there is chainquest where you get blue 2handed wep to pick? The thing is I dont do pve instances and raiding, so im never going to get a decent heroic wep from there, so my only options are 1 - wait it out for t2 pvp weapon which will take a month 2- something off ah 3- Hopefully there is a quest that gives a decent 2h pvp wep thats not as good as heroic obviously, but better than my green 2.5k dps wep?Aritha7 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 [Tiger Deck trinket] for Warriors 956 STR passive, chance on hit 3027 strength. So I plan on playing my warrior for both PVE/PVP, but how good would this trinket be for a warrior's DPS? Is there anything remotely good compared to this trinket? How long do people expect it to be a BiS? I know on my warrior in WOTLK it lasted all expansion, so I'm kind of iffy about it being the same for MoP. Also, would this trinket be fine as a secondary trinket with a medallion for PVP? I was lucky enough to make a few Serpent cards with inscription, bought the last few Serpent Cards I needed, made a Serpent Deck and traded for a Tiger Deck, at the cost of like 15,000g at most in the end. Unsure if I should use all expansion long(if that's Blizzard's intention for such a pricey item)...OR sell for a profit >.< Thoughts?Kreepslaya31 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 War PvP Troubles. So I just started to start pvping on my war again. I have 4 peices of PvP gear and the rest is heroic gear. I don't know if I just can't play my warrior anymore but I feel seriously gimped in PvP. I was just wondering if anyone else is having the same trouble as me. I feel like I deal jack !@#$ for damage and i can be kited like mad.Wreknbal19 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Few questions regards Warrior Hey there guys, i just need some inside information on warrior. I really like warrior but i have never leveled them to level cap. I love warrior's mechanics & abilities etc... Therefore i have some questions that need answers. Some of you might say warrior is skilled players, you can't play them cuz they are hard. That's not the point cuz i just enjoy warrior im not aiming for hardcare raiding pve or pvp. So please help me. PS: Best = Overall better and out performs other 2 spec :) #1. What's the best overall spec for leveling? Arms - Fury - Prot - #2. What's best spec for PvE /including 5 man dungeon & occasional raid/? Arms - Fury - Prot - #3. What's the best spec for PvP /"DPS" i know Prot warriors are one of the best FC/ Arms - Fury - Prot - #4. Last Question. What's the better spec that will work great with "1 shot macro" Fury or Arms? Also if you could kindly post the "1 shot macro" for specific spec that would be awesome. Thank you and i hope to see some great feedbacks.Gôdfree12 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 LvL 90 PvP stats Just wondering if anyone has done the math yet for what we need in pvp regarding hit, expertise, ect. Is the hit cap 3% pvp and 5% instance still. I just returned to the game prior to MoP release from about a 7 month break so I'm out of the loop atm regarding alot of the game mechanics atm.Krugirn2 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Revenge still macro-able? Thanks for clicking. I had a warrior an expansion or two ago that I loved and had levelled as Prot. One thing I managed to do was to macro a bunch of attacks together so that whichever one was available would fire. Maybe that makes me a "baddie" but w/e; it seemed to work fine. Anyway, since I dinged 30(?) on this toon, I have been trying to stuff Revenge into my other attacks but I can't get it to work. What I have now is: #showtooltip /startattack /castsequence reset=6 Shield Slam, Revenge, Revenge, Revenge, Revenge, Revenge (just in case lol) (6 being the cooldown on Shield Slam) This works perfectly. HOWEVER, I have come to learn that at 50, Sword and Board will mess with Shield Slam's cooldown, thus trashing my lovely macro. I just wanted to check in and see how others are dealing with this. I have done a lot of googling and haven't found any current solutions yet. If not Revenge, are there other attacks that are able to be added into macros to save space? For example, I also have: #showtooltip Heroic Strike /startattack /cast Execute /cast Heroic Strike which works great, and: #showtooltip /startattack /cast [nomod] Charge /cast [mod:shift] Intercept /cast [mod:ctrl,@mouseover][] Intervene /cast Impending Victory which also allows me to do exactly what I want, which is to use Victory Rush when I am too close to a target to Charge So, yeah. Shout-out to the warrior macro community....Jäck16 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Tank Stam/HP pool for first raid Where should our HP pool be around when Tanking the First Raid. Im not sure if i should just Gem Stam then Reforge hit/exp. I would love some help with this. Also how often should we be using Shield Barrer or Shield Block. Sorry never played in cata just getting use to how things work would love some help with this.Chaddums2 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Low level dungeon tanking So I've been doing some tanking on my panda warrior and just about every group I get with a hunter they have their pet on taunt. When I politely ask them to take it off taunt I always get a wtfumadbro response and they continue to leave their pet taunting and they start pulling. Has anyone had huntard troubles or is it just luck?Greymanne14 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 How does everyone feel about bloodbath DoT? I haven't tried pvping yet but for PvE it can be really nice if you manage to get a big crit at the end of it's duration, I just think it's kind of dumb that the bleed is overwritten by lower damage Attacks.Bahthalend5 Oct 8, 2012