Warrior

Nov 22, 2012 Dual arms spec, one for pve and for pvp I want to get into pve and also still play my mainstay, pvp. My time available to play is more limited now. I was considering the gear grind, and the time spent learning a new spec such as protection. I already know arms well, so I thought just stay arms for pvp and pve! If I do that would it be wise to have one Arms spec set for pvp, and my other spec used for Arms set for pve? I'm thinking some glyphs might be different, of course talents might be as well. Does anyone do this? Focus on one spec but have a pvp version and a pve version setup? Thanks.Obmi2 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 22, 2012 Alliance race for PVP? Human hands-down? Is the human racial free trinket really that big of a deal? I am thinking about switching races. I don't really get much out of my Draenei in PVP.Crowservo16 Nov 22, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Power Auras and Overpower Help Please Is there anyway I can setup power auras to display when I have over power. I haven't been able to figure it out yet. So far the image I have just constantly shows like the move is always available to use even though it isn't.Såladin7 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Question about coins... So, I'm specced SMF. I know that a holy pally can't receive DPS plate from a coin. Can I, as a SMF warrior, receive a 2H wep from a coin? I'm gonna QQ like a lil !@#$% if I get the 2H axe off Sha in Terrace, instead of the sword. Thank you.Thorrgrimm7 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Leveling Enchant for Arms What enchant should I put on 2 hander for leveling a twink?Throttinke3 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 How to maximize BLOODBATH? What exactly do you do to maximize your bloodbath output? Too be honest, I still don't quite understand how bloodbath works. At first when i saw it, I though it was going to be a stacking debuff but it's not. I thought this skill was going to be godly because it would work as if over the next 12 seconds, an additional 30% of the damage dealt will be a bleed. Be great if someone could explain to me how exactly does bloodbath work because sometimes im rolling 36k dots with all cds up and sometimes im rolling 10k with all cds up. and the dot damage can decrease as well. How I think bloodbath works is that every attack you use, 30% of it is counted as the dot, in the gcd, it ticked for the x amount and then you use another attack and 30% again, over and over. If it does work like this, im saving my dragon roar for the end of the bloodbath to keep the dots rolling higher for the next six seconds while my other attacks only stay for 1-2 seconds. I'm no expert on this mechanic but i'm looking for someone who is. If you know how to maximize the damage output of bloodbath please share!Conditioner12 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Weapon Heirloom Should I get Bloodied Arcanite Reaper or Reforged Truesilver Champion to level my toon with?Throttinke17 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Warrior PVP in BGs Im by no means a die hard PvPer. In fact I go through phases. So, I recently swapped out to ARMS and equipped the Craftable PvP armor set and queued for a few BGs. I didn't feel over powered at all. People focused me down. Second Wind didnt seem to help at all. Popping all my Def cooldowns with shield wall and def stance was very effective, but in most cases it just delayed the inevitable. Now I didnt have any 1 on 1 fights, so maybe this is where most of the complaints are coming from? That and potentially my lack of skill or gear, lol. But imho I didnt feel like I had a leg up on anyone. I noticed that DKs, Pallies and healers were some of my tougher opponents.Grymgore3 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 New to Warrior New Advice ( LvL 80 btw) FOR NOW IGNORE THE HUGE BLOCK OF TEXT TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS NEXT SMALLER ONE , THE ONE LABELED 'Just some background" is if you would like some more info on me or my specific playstyle or any psycoanilictaliosprofhf stuff you can get . BEWARE!!!! before you ask you get a free lvl 80 upgrade in Scroll of Rez thats how I did it MAIN POINT- I need to learn to become a warrior that can do things right. I plan on having tanking as a spec and a pvp/pve mix for leveling to 90 b/c it works nice on mobs and maybe a pvp OR pve spec at 90. Or a lvling spec, so I would like any information you can provide me with to make me a better warrior being pretty much the opisite of a priest I am quite confused. I did manage to tank an instance tho , so yeah please Comment on any Non-SUPER common sense stuff you can come up with tanking advice, dps rotations when to use spells, the best looking helm IDK second block of text not exactly spelled or grammar checked sorry Just Some Background: I have played this priest all the way since I started playing wow, Ive seen its ups its down and other classes ups and downs, this is why I tryed to tell people in my re-roll/alt thread to not go by FoTm and I enfact listed rogues and shaman amound druids and hunters as the class i was to boost to 80 being so foreign i wanted to roll something different because I was a priest I finally Decided on warrior, it gave me the Variablity of a pally/druid without being for the former not respected outside of tanks/heals and i cant heal on priest and the latter I would love to save for ACTUALLY leveling. Being a Warrior let me experience melee something I was new to and the dual wield ability of a rogue another choice I considered. I do not want to pvp that much otherwise I heard ret pallies ARE actually fun/good I like pve better but I still like pvp and will mostly stay there so even tho the class i picked seems Fotm I WOULD like an easy class seeing as I will be starting from never leveling a melee past 30 any char cept main past 60 and warriors I've only played a few times, albiet at max level Thanks You, Laelaps/Garasa/flashpowder/NErfarion/Kipples you get the point THANKS =) ps i picked tanking gear to start B/c it seemed a good idea to have that and get Q gear from questsGerasa3 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Help with choices please. So I got lucky enough to win on all my bonus rolls this week. I now have both the sha weapons from Sha of Fear and the 476 1h and the 476 2h from Elegon. I'm assuming if your os is tanking and you actively tank then its a no brainer to go smf and double dip on your legendary gem for both specs. I also was lucky enough to get my 4 piece bonus. This would make it very easy to line up recklessness, avatar, and skull banner every 3 min. I've been using bloodbath macroed in with dragon roar and its been doing great for me. I'm wondering if the 4 piece bonus makes avatar a better pve talent than bloodbath due to the ability to line them all up at least 3-4 times per boss depending on the fight.Galodred0 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 The lamest question. (T14 Dressup) Where are the boots that match T14? I don't look complete! :[Jazzhands5 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 How do I know when to hide? I know most of them, turning red, turning huge. But what other indicators are there that I should Peel/Stun a warr? I'm talking buffs on the warr, debuffs on me/allies etc. Thanks in advance! Edit: Would have posted in Rogue forum, but most people would just tell me cloak vanish the second I see a warr.Karmasangel3 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Preferred healer after 5.1? Just wondering what warriors will rather run 2s/3s with. I feel like resto druids may be a touch better than holy pallies right now? But after the chance to avatar, the freedoms from paladins seem... Not mandatory, but amazing. Any responses appreciated!Kenaichambre1 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 true or false? do not macro reck and skull banner, ever. i guess theory is the increased crit combined would be a loss vs stacking them.. is it ok to macro these during the beginning of an encounter? during lust? during execute phase, or like i said NEVERSkillywilly4 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Victory rush q As arms, why does victory rush do 20% more damage than impending victory? For fury and prot they do the same amount of damage.Want2 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 After Nerf PvP After the nerfs that I keep hearing so much about, will warrior still be viable in PvP? Need to know if I should be spending all this time leveling just to be destroyed in end game PvP.Malgrath18 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Sooooo, 2nd Wind............ Yeah, bout that kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda silly. Heals to fast considering it starts at 35%? I'm leveling my warrior now at the sheer lawlness of them in pvp, but I wouldn't even care considering your dps isn't getting nerfed. Warriors need to be back to having that outrageous dps for a lack of heals. So I'd say it could heal for what it does now but start at 20% or 25% OR! Howwwa bout a 3 second tick? with a sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight nerf on how much it heals. I think you warriors have the dps to live with it.Taichisan19 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Lfr weapon comparisons I've been searching around to determine what my best setup should be, and I keep finding conflicting reports. As a gnome I have Elegion, Scimitar and Kilrak all LFr. I am not near getting the sha touched gem though. Should I stick to Scim/elegion?Burmy0 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 PvP T1 Weapon Vs LFR Shin'ka Weapon Would the T1 still be superior to the LFR weapon in PvP?Mhellø1 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 21, 2012 Dual light sabres If I race change to a gnome, can I: 1- pick up the quest "The Arts of a Warrior"? 1- If I do, will I be able to get: Very Light Sabre? 3- And if I get that, ill I be able to change my race back to night elf, and keep said Very Light Sabre? Kasane5 Nov 21, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 Fury PvP 2H's pvp power doesn't stack Like the title says^ Really made me mad when i got my 2nd pvp 2H and it Blizz yet again says "No, Fury is pve only spec." For the first time since the start of cata fury is a viable option for pvp and I can’t even have both pvp weapons, oh the res stacks but not the pvp power... WTF!Levìticus12 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 BIG shields for Xmog that are easy to get. I want a shield that has a HUGE model just because I like having a big shield. The CP shield is puny so I am finally going to transmog my first piece, and I just want something big, I don't care what the skin is on it.Chestballs10 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 Avatar and Berserker Rage questions Avatar says it makes you immune to movement-impairing effects. So howcome I try using it in boss fights where the bosses do weird stun or CC attacks, and it doesn't prevent me from being stunned, dazed, CCed, whatever? I think i have even been stunned some with it active in pvp, not sure on that one though. Berserker Rage is supposed to make you immune to fear, sap, charm, or incapacitate effects. Maybe i don't know the definition of incapacitate, but i've still had rogues do annoying stuff to me. Also I might add I got MCed by some charm effect when I ran an old raid and it didn't remove the effect. But I'm not worried about that as much as Avatar I think the only good it has done in pvp is keeping me from getting slowed, and maybe preventing rooting. I think I've still been getting stunned quite a bit. Honestly, I would think stuns and CCs fall under movement impairing. They sure has heck impair me from moving. I haven't played since wrath until i came back about a month ago, maybe I just don't remember some of the mechanics, but the tooltips need to be more specific if so.Tamotsu2 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 How accurate is AskMrRobot currently? Specifically for fury warriors? I know that our stat priority is crit>mast>haste, after the hit and expertise caps, but it seems like AMB doesn't follow that sometimes. I'm hoping someone with a little more knowledge of the subject can provide some answers, thanks!Robot4 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 Fury Warrior, worried about DPS PVE. HELP! Yeah, so I'm making this thread because I'm worried about the DPS I'm doing in dungeons and would like to obtain new-found knowledge and improve on the game. First of all, my average ilevel is about 459. (Fury Spec, Titans). The problem is my single target DPS at times. For example, if I hit Bloodthirst and it doesn't further proc, I end up having to either wait for my cooldowns or use heroic strike and will miss out on raging blow once it procs. Not proccing feels weird sometimes and I end up panicking during the rotation. I can only pull off about 35k-45k DPS in dungeons in my single target fights at the moment and the highest is 58k, but that's pretty rare that I get all my procs and play well enough. My rotation starts by jumping in with heroic leap, then : BT, CS, Wild strikes, Beserker rage + all other buffs, continue with raging blow and repeat it. During execute phase, I try to use it as much as I can leaving out wild strikes and only incorporating three moves for rage and damage: BT, raging blow and execute. So basically... tips pls:Elskrim8 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 Xin weaponmaster 2h drop has anyone actually gotten this drop?? this is from a heroic dungeon right?? i guess the odds are slim to none. Maybe keep doin this dungeon over and over and after 5 tries get a drop? called the Mogu'Dar Blade of the thousand slavesSkillywilly17 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 Gearing for multiple specs? Need help Hi all. I consider myself a veteran warrior having been here since summer of 2008, and having gone through four expansions now. I've played as Arms and Fury throughout those times. Never tanked in WoW and I've never been Protection up until now. My focus has mostly been PVP but I'm seeking to get into PVE this expansion mostly heroic dungeons and LFRs. I'm seeking some experienced warrior and player input and advice on planning to gear for those specs and roles. I'm more of a casual player during the school year (12-15 hours or so per week). So do I forget gearing my arms for pvp, my protection for pve tanking, and wanting to also have a set for dps pve arms? Is that too much ambition given the time I have to put into the game? I currently have the player made 450 sets for arms pvp, and for protection pve tanking. I have a 463 TH Axe, and a 437 1H hammer. I'm thinking given my time considerations it would be realistic to gear arms for pvp and also for arms dos pve but trying to gear another spec like protection would be too much? Or am I wussing out? LOL. Thanks for any advice and input. Thanks.Obmi3 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 Scimitar of Seven Stars Any fury warriors using Scimitar of Seven Stars as a 1h or is this better for a prot weapon? I'm inclined to use it for prot rather than for dps.Ezîas3 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 Can anyone tell me what this helm is called? I want it for a transmog set. http://imgur.com/C8d6QJitzerflak3 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 Hi there ...anything new? I don't play my warrior much and only jump on every now and again to faceroll a random or something, but ...what happened to protection's ability to put out substantial damage? I know my warrior is low level and all but I haven't been able to break 3.2k DPS whereas previously it was possible to hit 4.4K consistently. Just curious. edit: 6-7K to 4K dps ...looked at the wrong logs :SSoftness11 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 arms pvp hit/exp cap how come on the arms pvp guides it says put hit and exp both to 3% at 3% only lvl 85s (i think) cant me missed or dodged all lvl 90s and 86 onwards still can be missed at 3% tyHaideis1 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 stance for arms pvp what is the best stance to be in for a pvp arms warrior, mainly doing bgs i was thinkin defensive for the 25% dmg reduction and u still get rage ticks tyHaideis2 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 Playing a warrior looks fun http://i.imgur.com/QuNZn.jpg Enjoy.Xloged22 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 Delete NvmMohawkrock1 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 20, 2012 @Monday I hate feral druidsRush209 Nov 20, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 Fury Warrior 2h and a shield. Just wondering how the damage is. I'm going to be able to buy 2 one handers and a shield in about a week and I'm wondering if i should hold off for 2h's. My plan is to use one handers as prot and single minded fury but If titans grip with a shield does any damage at all I might hold off for a bit. In short. wait for 2 2h and a shield OR get 2 1h and a shield in a week. Let me know how fury is doingXelpmocoge12 Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 3v3 3 DPS video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G2JMtwCJWgDatá0 Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 Warrior Changes for Balance What I see are mostly people complaining about CD stacking, (which goes for every class) and shockwave... Some people (mostly rogues) complain about second wind but thats not going to change so Here are some changes that I think would balance us out. Avatar changes Break roots and snares upon casting it and for the rest of its duration we only take 50% duration on ALL movement imparing effects, keep rage bonus in Arms and Fury the same Shockwave Increase CD to 30 seconds reduce damage on players by half.. IN ARMS AND FURY.. Prot warriors keep Shockwave the way it is now since its been that way from the beginning. Defensive Stance Only provides a 15% reduction in damage for Arms and Fury Now for caster relief I agree with everyone else to remove the blanket silence from pummel (i never use it as a blanket anyways) and keep it on Heroic Throw, otherwise Heroic Throw will never see a toolbar.Mikeey12 Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 Proposed fix to pvp warrior Ok, so I don't really pvp much I just dabble every now and then. Now this is what I think changes should be to warrior instead of what they are now. Change Overpower!!! The way taste for blood is right now I would imagine no one likes it! Modify it so it naturally does 75% more damage but remove ALL rng in it and make it so when they do proc back to back they don't get the damage buff Avatar!! We all know Avatar is op as it is right now but just remove the damage buff... no one takes it in PVE and if you leave the freedom that makes it so the dispell on a cooldown isn't needed during it. Gag Order Leave the heroic throw silence as it is but remove the blanket silence on pummel. Shockwave/Dragons roar As it is right now Dragons roar is undesirable. Make it so Dragons Roar stuns for 5 Seconds once again but extend the cooldown on shockwave to 30 seconds. Have a minor glyph that makes it so you don't knock the target back as well, make it an option. Thoughts?Borrá0 Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 Looking for this 2h sword for transmog. Help? I'm looking to find where I can get this sword for transmog. I guess it might be hard for you to know but if you can tell me i'd really appreciate it. Its the brown sword the orc is carrying. http://i.imgur.com/uvnOQ.jpg Thanks in advance!Jitzerflak1 Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 Thanks Bliz! I knew you guys liked me still. I got my alt Warrior up to 90 and now I can finally feel like I'm worthwhile to my team. I can even run flags! And man, when a Rogue tries to gank me? I just feel bad for them, there's seriously no chance. ...Please fix Rogues, I miss mine.Daggos4 Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 which battle elixir and which food? Not this guy, but for a TG Fury warrior, already at +7.5% hit and expertise. which will I get the most dps from? Mad Hozen Elixir +750 crit or Darkmoon Firewater +1736 AP and Green Curry Fish +200 crit or Eternal Blossom Fish / Black Pepper Ribs and Shrimp +275 / +300 strWeekender3 Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 Help against Blood Death Knights? I usually play arms for PvP (though currently it is neither my main spec or my offspec) and for the life of me, I cannot do any damage to my friend who is a blood DK. As soon as I get the barrier down, he uses Death Strike again to get it right back up. We're both fighting in PvE gear which may make a difference, but I figure the fact that I lack PvP power balances with his lack of resilience. I'm fairly new to arms, as I usually play fury and prot, but what can I do to defeat a Blood DK? In fact, and tips regarding Arms PvP are welcome.Mafic2 Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 Which 2 Hand Sword Transmog should i get? To finish my Shado-pan transmog! Can't decide the one from BWL or MC.. Also if you armory my char sorry about my axes covering up my face! lolSevn16 Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 Fury vs. Arms Greetings warrior brethren: After a long hiatus I am eager to return to the warrior ranks and I am in need of your assistance. I am eager to learn the differences between Arms and Fury warrior and which spec is best for PVE. I have read the Fury guide and scoured Elitist Jerks. I am unable to locate very much information on Arms. I would appreciate your advice. Thank you.Invincibull2 Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 Crit chance low... My crit chance is very low atm. i was just wondering should i wait to use fury when my crit chance is higher? Because it is only 11.86 atm.Kanzyte2 Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 So I say... SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM every time I charge and SHOOP BOOM every time I Heroic Leap. No other class can get me to do sound effects like a warrior. God I love leveling this class!Hiroic3 Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 Warriors ain't broken, babies. Okay, maybe they are a little bit, but just via some design oversights. I'm a ret paladin, and I hardly see the issue with arms warriors... Sure, they have great burst (Not comparable to mine), and pretty good sustained pressure against most, but the end deal is: - You can effectively screw over a warrior with disarms - If you cry about TfB, its because your too stupid to realize what the warriors doing - The nerf that 5.1 bring is nerfing the wrong areas, warriors don't need their anti-caster capabilities taken apart by the removal of Gag Order. So yeah. All the bads who come here and whine about warriors can go away.Baustert13 Nov 19, 2012
Nov 19, 2012 Tips on beating blood dks? My friend and i were doing 2s and struggled beating a dk. We killed his partner withtin 10 seconds and went on for another 30-60 minutes before he gave up. Not exaggerating he literally absorbed 90 percent of my damage. He would absorb damage for up to 15 seconds. At one point i had 5 stacks of taste for blood and popped all cd's and crit him for 6.7k. Every time my cool downs were up his cd for sacrificing ghouls were also up. I looked him up and he had 0 pieces of pvp gear. Am i doing something wrong? Anyone have tips on beating blood dks in 2v2? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.Helheimr8 Nov 19, 2012