Warrior

Aug 2, 2012 Alliance Warrior Race Hey guys, I'm planning to do a faction change tonight, but I'm not sure which race to make my warrior. Any suggestions?Monikth40 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 What are your Arms DPS Secrets Well im no professional but i do know 1. Macros are the key to success 2. stance dance ftw 3. rotation rotation rotation 4. optimize placement of your abilities on your action bar 5. know when your colossus smash debuff is applied 6. know when to use your cooldowns 7. know when to use heroic strike 8. having a badass burst dps macro doesnt hurt heres mine #showtooltip overpower /cast battle stance /cast deadly calm /cast inner rage /cast berserker rage /cast rotting skull /cast blood fury /cast overpower /cast heroic strike this entire macro works by using deadly calm, bypassing inner rage, using all of my available short term buffs (aside from golemblood potion) overpowering and heroic striking in perfect unison, you can spam this macro and it will drop inner rage directly after deadly calm allowing you to optimize rage use, while still using overpower and heroic strike (macroing them to the same button allows their global cooldown to be just that much closer and saves actionbar room). i also give it the overpower icon and place it right next to overpower on my action bar to alternate between the two. most of this stems from playing on a 5yr old macbook (laptop) that doesnt let you to bind your F keys to your actionbar, regardless i would still use this macro as i find it a highly effective means of doing burst damage, one of, if not THE the most efficient way. but i seek help from warriors greater then I. what are your secrets? i want play warur gudOrcofsteel0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 @Thursday It has been fun watching these Olympics. I also have been enjoying the OpenRaid website. Anywho, I hope everyone is doing well. Also I would like you guys to check out my thoughts on one of the big things that is holding us back in PvP. And feel free to chime in with any good thoughts. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6079711793Blackbride3 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 worriur om worriur, i haev long swo'd n sheld pls dnt cst majik et go en mi plat gurAnell10 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 resilience pvp stat priority on the sticky? was wondering why reslience is not on the pvp guide for stat priority? am i missing something?Michaelocios0 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 how to combat resilience? I was wondering if there was a way to combat resilience? Since some people I destroy, and some I hit decent damage wise. just wondering if There's a "counter resilience" stat, like Attaxk Power or something(since I have 10k AP unbuffed)Blktoothgrin3 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Demo Banner + Demo Shout in Mists? Hello all, sorry to ask this here, but I do not have access to the Beta. Does anyone know if the new Demo Shout in Mists will stack with Demo Banner, for an overall 20% incoming dmg decrease? It seems like this mixed with a shield block or barrier, might be quite useful. I also wonder if these 2 abilities might stack for 'unblockable damage' as well. Thanks in advance.Nerdrage4 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 Best Warrior PVP videos? Hey all, Just looking for some good warrior pvp videos out there. (Not Swifty). I've watched most of Clinda's. Any other good suggestions are appreciated. CheersDarkmanx17 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 As a warrior, Are Razer Nagas worth it? I am thinking about buying a Naga so when I do arena I can have easy focus macros. Is it worth buying?Furytime53 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 2, 2012 What the F? Charge/Intercept? Uhh..hey guys.. uhh... I quit this game around blackwing lair..and just came back.. Painfully sold some of my high warlord gear to get gold to lvl from 70-85.. Run across my first spell caster white mob.. Charge..hamstring..interc....intercep....(to interrupt spellcast) WHAT THE F! They are on the same cooldown now? Since when? They took the balls out of the warrior class. If charge can be used in battle now..whats the point of stance dancing? Zerk just to pop a whirlwind and thats it now? And why hotkey intercept now? Lastly, how many people quit playing warrior after that hardcore nerf? It was like that for so many years, why change it? Why dumb down the game and the class by eliminating need for stance dancing? Charge in combat? WHAT? Sorry I am completely freakin' out. Played warrior since vanilla wow, this disgusts me, and it pains me to play this class i love so much. I want to see the link of 200+ page thread when this nerf first came outFurafterfu15 Aug 2, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Warrior changes in MoP I think we should all consolidate a thread here on the Warrior forums instead of making a new thread for every change we find please help me to keep this thread updated with changes as the surface. This reflects changes as of the recent PTR patch on 6/31/12 Arms The rotation in Arms feels abit awkward now as its dependent on overpower procs. Now Mortal Strike enables the use of overpower and overpower itself has a 30% chance of enabling the use of another OP so you can either proc 3 times in a row or just once. Mortal Strike, Colossus Smash, Overpower, cost no rage, everything else costs 30 rage so you basically have MS CS OP in rotation and then add in cleave, HS, Slam, Ww with Slam being the strongest on single target I found rage generation is best in Battle Stance with the extra rage generated off white attacks better then being in beserker stance, but perhaps on mobs and bosses with splash damage beserker will work better. Bladestorm is buffed again back to 120% weapon damage plus you can activate beserker rage for a nice extra 10% damage. -------------------------------- Protection We have a serious problem here, I ran through the End-Time instance to see how the new mechanics felt but noticed a HUGE problem. I am EXTREMELY rage starved!! I kept falling on my face on every hourglass in the Murozond encounter and realized Mastery only affects critical block and NOT normal block This is a huge dissapointment but they made shield block block every attack for the next 6 seconds and has 2 charges at the cost of 60 rage so to use the two charges you have to generate 120 rage within the time. This is just not currently possible. The only way to gain rage in D. stance with Prot is to use shield slam, melee hits on target and hits on you no longer generate rage. Hopefully this is a bug but if not we won't be tanking anything anymore.. On a positive note Thunder clap is now our tool for instant group agro since it puts deep wounds on targets, reduces their damage done by 10% and costs no rage so just charge+Tclap into groups = insta aggo Nothing costs rage except execute, heroic strike, cleave, etc so we can devastate, shield slam revenge, and thunderclap all we like. I have not yet had time to go into Fury so if anyone wants to chime in to update this thread please do.Mikeey6 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Gear check Hey guys, recently started playing again and was wondering if I've got all the gear set up right? I can't seem to pull more than 19-21k in Raid finder and I've had multiple people ask me why I'm pulling so little dps. Any suggestions are appreciated. ~RepReprobus8 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Is Demo Shout gone in MoP? Sorry for what might be a stupid question but I might have missed a patch note. It's no longer listed on the MoP version of wowhead.Crowingzero6 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Stormbolt or Avatar (PVE) Which do you think may be better on a typical raid boss fight? For argument sake we'll say a 5 min fight with 85% or more up time to account for fight mechanics. Stormbolt- 300% weapon dmg (raid boss can't be stunned), 30 sec CD Avatar- 20% dmg increase plus 30% rage generation over 20 sec, 3 min CD. Avatar to me is Death Wish+Heroic Fury with a shiny new wrapper. Great burst mechanic, may be able to use twice per boss fight. Stormbolt 300% wep dmg used 10 (+/- 1 ) times a fight. Discuss.Joesepi10 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 It's just fun to use racial skills I know I'm lowbie and bla bla bla, but I must state that it's just fun to be able to shadowmeld (Sometimes nulling some nasty skills too) and charge again in middle of a combat. Most people I have fought (even those hellish twinkies) get surprised by this move. Lol! I believe NE Rogues probably have a similar joy with shadowmeld! What about the use of your racials? Usually you're able to surprise people and make a turn over on a fight?Asthen0 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Warrior Critical Block - What Level? I am a 49 twink and throughout this entire expansion, I've had talent points in Hold The Line just for the extra critical block, but it's only been immediately recently that I stopped to think about what level warriors even get critical block. Have I had points in the wrong spot this entire time?Dimefox4 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Fury Warrior Help? I am confused of whether to pick TG or SMF. I mainly PvP. And sorry for this question, I'm new to WoW overall, I've only been playing a few months.Kulso5 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 Tucker/Sparky. Its time. 6 years and 10 months, been a long damn time since I was 8 years old playing WoW? Anyways. It's impossible to quit WoW, you can't. You only take breaks from it. "Saying you quit". Just need a break from getting robbed from Blizzard every month. A break from trying to build a reputation with players. A break from competition?... Yeah, it all sucked !@#! Playing with the players I have, has been touching, Thrux(Darkspear), Dpshoe(Darkspear), Axeforgebeard(Darkspear/Malygos), Klassa(Darkspear), Coldx(Darkspear), Naughty(Kel'Thuzad), Vitoria(Kel'thuzad/Malygos/Darkspear), Slappa(Bleeding Hollow), Dranky(Alterac Mountains), Ayrina/Mommy, Baildan, Tychz, Outty, Wimplow, Lightsmoke, Aezan, Foundahealer, Abra, Kleaves, Troyboy, Vespira, Wiicked, Grevous, Thal, Furius, Eptic, Rivare, Darcy, Aluvia, Tcee, Absolutezero, Seclusions, Rustam, Gantuar, Bane(Skywall), Dillman(Skywall), and all you other $%^-ers I forgot. Made mehhh proud. Hopefully shortly after MoP, I'll be back. Going to miss you guys. </3Réyou3 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 what should i use? Currently I am using the norm gurth and ataraxis, but I just got the heroic ESS from yor... Should i use the axe in OH or MH or give it to my wife who is an unholy DK?Thoradin1 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 2 Piece t12 or Valor Gear? I cannot for the life of me get my 4 piece for t13. I loose the chest and the gloves everytime they drop. So my question question is, what should I do in the mean time? Would it be more beneficial for me to keep Gauntlets of the Molten Giant and Battleplate of the Molten Giant for the 2 set bonus, or should I buy their current VP equivalents Grimfist Crushers and Bones of the Damned?Foosleyer1 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 4.3.4 Prot warriors doing damage? Okay with vengeance prot warriors were scary but now that they have been nerfed is there anyone doing prot for pvp fun or is it not as viable as fury/arms. I remember someone on the forum talking about 40k shield slams and how fun it is but it might have been from an earlier patch. I was curious as to whether someone with prot pvp experience could give me insights to the current state of prot in battlegrounds. Also link with a good spec and gems. Thanks I'm a new warrior. Appreciate itLazreth3 Aug 1, 2012
Aug 1, 2012 PVP Arms...rotation seems clunky due to Slam? Anybody else feel that way? I hate that it has a cast time. I know MS doesn't really have a rotation, more of a priority system, but work with me here. Everything seems fluid, Hamstring, Rend, CS, MS, OP, etc....but tossing in Slams in there seems clunky and slow. I almost stopped using it and would rather HS because it's an instant. How much of a difference does it make not using Slam too often?Cormega4 Aug 1, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Warrior on my mind I was thinking, that when I finally level my Paladin, <----Dat guy right der. I might begin to level a Warrior, but i have a few Qs. 1:How differently does a warrior play than a paladin? 2:Best spec for PvP and how hard is the rotation, if there is any? 3:How hard is it to level a warrior My brother has a **** Ton of toons on other servers and i think he has a warrior somewhere, but he wouldn't be much help as he won't tell me.Fallestar2 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Calculating CTC Cap... How to? How do I calculate my CTC Cap, I've been reading this guide ----> http://uncrittable.wordpress.com/tag/ctc/ But it says to add up "When your combined Miss+Dodge+Parry+Block = 102.4%." What is miss?Valecnik11 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Arms Leveling Rotation? So ive been using the following rotation for leveling and would like some insight on whether or not it appears optimal : This is after considering that I have Victory Rush up Charge>Rend>Thunder Clap>VR>MS>Execute Any tips and comments would be greatly appreciated ThanksCrumaul4 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 I Think i F*cked Up ok forum i believe i have one of the worst 85 warriors ever in all of wow, why i believe this is, i barley do dps to anything 85 (non elites), i always had a thought that i was bad but never wanted to believe it until i fought the elite turtle "Nemesis" in Mount Hijal ,and it took me a good minute to kill him and i thought to myself why the hell is taking me so long to kill him then i felt i have a horrible warrior, but either way forum can u help me cause i really believe i made a horrible warrior, just give me some advice on what to do on how to buff him up, please forum i need to fix this toon as quick as possible, ty,p.s i dont have bad gear, i think ,but then again idk.Talcyin31 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Holy cow, Fury PVP How do you guys do it? This is my experience with Fury PVP so far. I charge (if I'm lucky) or otherwise just run up to someone and. ..autoattack. Then I die. I keep finding I never have rage for anything, and can usually only work in a couple attacks when I'm not out of range due to kiting. I find it's mostly the rage that gets me. I can barely generate enough rage to regularly Piercing Howl them. Anyone care to give me a rundown on the process you use? This isn't meant to bash Fury. I really -want- to do it. I had a good run as Arms but I prefer the style of using two two-handers rather than one big weapon.Akkiva14 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 the age old problem of hl ok, sorry to bring up this old issue once agian, but we all know just how annyoing it is when heoic leap dosent work. i understand blizzards standpoint, players shouldnt be allowed to exploit the game, and i completely agree with them on this. But part of me also wonders just how difficult it would be change instanced area's like bg's, and arenas so that exploits with this ability are no longer possible. Then allowing heroic leap to be used (as we would like it to be) within the confines on those instanced areas. I'm not a computer programmer, game designer, or other such expert. So this may in fact be a very hard task to accomplish, i don't know. But what do you guys think?Notmyfault2 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Intervene Macro Question I know this question will seem a bit premature given my level; however, I'm looking to setup a macro that will allow me to do the following: Charge current target; if charge is on CD, use intercept; intervene the target of my target*. * In other words, if I see a mob drop aggro (using threat plates), I'd like to be able to target the unwieldy mob and have the macro use intervene on the mob's current target, which should be the party member who pulled aggro. This is what I've come up with (borrowing from Del's sticky): /castsequence [harm] reset=15 Charge, Intercept; /cast [@targettarget] InterveneOrun1 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 At what point does Protection slow down? Ok, so I may be a crappy tank, don't really know because every other tank class I've done also has a Healer spec and I invariably gravitate to that. So my attempt to actually force myself to tank is leveling a warrior. In any case though I started leveling the toon, and when it came time to select a spec I selected protection. I would love to tell you I've been dungeon running, but really all I've been doing is questing with just a few 5-mans. But what I've noticed is that Protection mows down things in a hurry. So Does the port spec ever slow down to the point where I have to move to Arms or Fury? I know that as I get farther on up the tree that Fury and Arms should do more DPS than Prot, but he seems significantly beefier, in terms of DPS, than any other Tank I've tried.Cierdan11 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Any prot war mains have a chance to test Monk I am trying to find some opinions on the brewmaster. My wife is dead set on playing a Panda Monk or Shaman (she loves to heal) so I am trying to decide if I am going to level a Monk with her or just help her quest on my warrior. Any opinions would be great.Blaux0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 All day long 25m MoP testing Stream - Arms http://www.twitch.tv/tenaciouzdTenaciouzd0 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Which race has the best racials Orc, Undead, Tauren ETC which one is the best for the warrior? EDIT: Mainly for PVE Don't care about whats best for PVP I can adapt to that.Takaimasurao13 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Stacking mastery after block cap I've noticed a few heroic geared warrior tanks from high level guilds on my server stacking heavy mastery, like 50 mastery gems in most slots. When I got 102.4% avoidance, I started stacking stamina. Is there some advantage to taking mastery way over block cap? I know it's pretty trivial at this point in the expansion, I'm just curious. The only thing I can think of is they're just trying to get crit block up as high as possible to block for 60% as much as possible. Or they're just idiots. That's what I'm here trying to find out?Crushbert3 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 This is baffling to me How'd this guy on my realm get 416 gurth? Look at his raiding progression.... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kargath/Sykzx/advancedDeathweaver24 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Fury DPS Concerns So, I know MoP is about to come out, but I was having some real issues getting my DPS up on this guy. I've come quite a ways from when I started gearing, and I'm able to hit between 12 - 15K DPS depending on the fight (heroics), but I'm not sure at this point how to raise it. I've been popping my enrages as often as i can (Especially berserkers enrage for the one ability), but I cannot for some reason raise my DPS far. I seem to be getting a TON more out of Arms than I am from Fury. Any tips that could help me? I know I need to do a little more enchanting, and I need to get rid of a few pieces (I'm working on it), but I feel I should be doing more.Dalantheiel2 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Horde warrior race Just looking for suggestions on race to play as a horde warrior. I care more about looks and animations over racials. Leaning towards orc or goblin.Beaumon24 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 First YT Video (Warrior Duels) Hey whats up everyone. Just posting my first Youtube video for some feedback and such. Yes, I know the Quality of the video is meh, I'm still playing around with it :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIGYe0nrz94&feature=youtu.be Also I would of posted on my warrior but I have a few day forum ban on the account. Here is my armory link though: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/queldorei/K%c3%a9nji/simpleDìablô8 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Warrior always feel like cooldown based ? Playing my war I feel like if everything that I do is just staring at my skill bar waiting for the cooldown to refresh (or a proc to pop). Rage feel near useless as I just take a look sometimes to see if I can fit a Heroic Strike or a cleave. otherwise I'm just spaming my CD with a priority in mind. Sometimes it feel like if I was playing whack the mole. Is it suposed to be like that ?Zouave7 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Haven't played WOW in a year So I am a fury warrior which will be my main so was curious how different he will be when MOP goes live?Takaimasurao6 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 @Monday VICTOLY. Also, bangbang, Borderlands.Clutche158 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 The Gnome is back! He is sooooooooooooooooooooo cute! *yucky humans*Malychlap14 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Don't get your hopes up. I decided I wanted to post this thread just to remind the the true warrior fans that although warriors are becoming more viable in MoP every time the warrior class got buffed it is always nerfed the next patch and the patch after. So be excited to dust off your warriors but keep in mind you know the nerfs are right behind..Doubleothree4 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 Questiong About Hit and Exp When Tanking. My guild is insane about this askmrrobot.com place.. It has been awhile since I have tanked, I quit back when DS first came out as a tank. There telling me Hit does not matter anymore and expertise does not matter anymore its just a waste of skill and Mr robot has me forging every single item Mastery and every single gem mastery this mastery that. I am so confused, I got 1 person saying get hit and exp cap, work on parry and dodge then mastery then I got one side screaming use mr robot and exp and hit doesnt matter, I also got a side going get Stam mastery ect, its sounds like no one really knows or at least one of them is right. But yeah the warrior is a fresh 85 and only 85 1 day, I do have some really bad peaces but I think hes off to a better start than most first day 85s, any tips would be nice. Mr Robot did help my dk tank out alot. But it telling me basicly Hit and Exp matters not anymore sounds a little off, I always figured hit and exp would need to be capped, i guess once im in full 397 the 8% hit and 20 softcap exp will come natrually but still, all mastery, can someone explain this to me? Thanks DrakDrakthene1 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 What is the niche of a warrior? I honestly do not see a niche to the warrior class. This is the class I chose, and I want to PLAY. I pay to play, and my choice of class shouldn't be dictated by success on the battlefield. Please read this part carefully, as I am referring to PvP. Now I know there is prodigy's and warriors CAN work, with whatever amount of effort those prodigy's decide to put in. Anyway back to the original point, I completely fail to see what a warrior brings to the table other classes cant do/and even do better at that. Fear,stun, mortal strike effect, slow (which takes resource and global to apply while others do not), buffs that get replaced by hunter pets and death knights. And to top it all off, the burst and even sustained damage is nothing to be prized of, compared to other classes capabilites. As of right now, I remember when a warrior and a pocket healer was just the coolest thing ever and a feared sight. Now easily replaced by healer/DK, or any spell cleave... Well, anything to be honest from my personal and logical point of view. Does the community and more importantly blizzard disagree with my perspective? And I have to say the new banner to be is a really lame thing to give warriors and does not excite me the least bit to pick it up again. Even collectively small cool things like Die by the Sword aren't enough to make believe the warrior has any kind of niche. Maybe I am wrong with my perspective on this but I thought warriors were suppose to be extremely deadly with the up time they get. (a class with a RAGE resource and 2 handed weapon, anybody????)Deathbêast36 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 names Needing help with a warrior name thts clever. Also i possible guild to help me lvl on a new server when i re roll. I will be going horde :pMabigale5 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 31, 2012 best looking horde race? ignoring racials or PvP or anything like that... what would you say is the coolest looking horde race for a warrior (prot or TG)?Duskstalker18 Jul 31, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Streaming Gara'jal the Spiritbinder 10M arms http://www.twitch.tv/tenaciouzdTenaciouzd0 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Help a fellow Warrior Hello, I need some guidance please. I'm currently a level 68 Arms Warrior you should check out my gear and see if I need anything better than what I have. I feel undergeared in battlegrounds. I do a decent job though in battelgrounds I usually get about 9-2 maybe better. I just feel like my Warrior isn't putting out much damage honestly. I can't even get past a 4k crit damage. How should my rotation look like? Are my stat priorities decent? I need much advice as possbile! I look throughout some guides but it's mainly level 85 stuff or someone completely off from my level. Thank you very much :)Pakorn3 Jul 30, 2012
Jul 30, 2012 Warriors In MOP +++ So I toke a rather long break and cancelled my subscription so sadly I am not allowed a opportunity to play beta. Things do seem pretty interesting from what Im hearing though. Basically I use to play a rogue but I believe that is going to be the next under powered class. I have been looking at all the new talent tree's and have been comparing it to other class's and the current Cata expansion and from the looks of things the Warrior class seems like its going to be a good class to play for PvP. Please tell me what you are seeing so far with the warrior class and if you agree with me. (Keep topic about PvP not PvE)Layton8 Jul 30, 2012