Warrior

May 13, 2012 Rate my Warrior UI, Post yours? Well, I know there's probably more of these threads on the forums than there is people playing WoW - But regardless I really want to see what you guys think of my simple yet effective UI. I'm running about 9 different AddOns that you CAN'T see as they're combat related and they only appear when in combat, so I'll get another snap shot of all my UI kicking in. But this is my basic UI, simple yet effective. v http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p540/Geoz0r/UI2k12SMFW.jpg Let me know what you think, also please throw yours up if you like. Will reserve a post under this one to put up any AddOns etc that get requested. Happy Postin' ;)Enpa1 May 13, 2012
May 13, 2012 higher damage or attack power equips? i have a ring that gives +6 strength and another ring that gives +60 attack power. the +6 strength ring says i do more damage in the character page, but the +60 attack power says i have more attack power. which one should i equip? im an arms warrorJchang2 May 13, 2012
May 13, 2012 Blizzard hates Warriors! Ok, I just got back from a 5 month vacation from WoW hoping that the Warriors weren't still on the nerfed end of the spectrum so I try a battleground and I am ganked by almosted everyone and when i step into a room i am the first to be targeted, Blizzard you are screwing us over more and more every patch we are on the down end and its gettting stupid now! i mean i was *%@!d by a lvl 84 all green resto druid and i am pretty sure its not my skill level thats the problem with that, i mean i am not the best but c'mon Blizzard why do you hate warriors?Cephius50 May 13, 2012
May 13, 2012 [Warrior] Feedback on Slows required Every class now has a slow effect on abilities apart from warriors, Warrior out of all classes have less uptime in PVP then any other class to date So why does hamstring still exsist, why cant my mortal strike or overpower render my target slowed instead of wasting massive amounts of GCDs on hamstring spam My Idea: The shock from Mortal strike renders your target slowed 50-60% lasts 15 seconds Duration reset if mortal strike used again. then Make hamstring a 30 second snare on use ability aslong as hamstring is applied to the target. And if your nice, give Collosus a 70% slow for 3 seconds or something to give us more of an opener seeing the armour reductions been nerfed. No Flaming or QQing please, Like and thumbs up if you think this should be baseline now seeing every other class does with higher uptime than us and more mobility Regards,Sushi2 May 13, 2012
May 13, 2012 LFR creche or rotting skull? Which is better?Jabokah5 May 13, 2012
May 13, 2012 Colussus + Sunder Armor macro Hello, I'm just running out of keybinds and I know Sunder Armor is important in PvP for long-ish matches. I was wondering if it's worth (and possible) to make a macro so that it will apply Sunder Armor stacks whenever Colossus Smash is on cooldown, ofc taking Colossus Smash as a priority. Is there any /castsequence macros or some other way to do this?Hedwych8 May 13, 2012
May 13, 2012 @Saturday Because I can.Tedd91 May 13, 2012
May 13, 2012 Stance dancing viable? I loved stance dancing, I had a macro that would switch stances based on what way I scrolled my mouse wheel and if I depressed the middle mouse wheel it would switch out my two hander or sword and board. I was smooth and it all worked amazingly well. This last 5weeks I dusted my warrior off and started playing bg's to get the hang of things again and found that stance dancing is rather useless or is it? Can it be competitively used in arena or rated bg's? Trying to decide whether or not to buy a pvp shield and one handed sword for this very reason.Narrator0 May 13, 2012
May 12, 2012 blood elf warrior? (yes yes. i know) I want to make a blood elf warrior, but i cant decide on a proper name befitting my prancing bloodthirsty girlie-elf (male though). this was spurred because of orb of the sindorei on this toon and loving the look of a dual-wielding belf.. but i dislike rogues and dks.Kataclyzmik22 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Prot PvP.... Help? I can't find a guide on how to PvP as prot in 4.3 for the life of me. Does one even exist?Torpedö2 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Best prot flag carrier for alliance? These are the races and what could be useful Human-EMFH Double stacking tenacity trinkets Worgen-Darkflight, 40% increased movement speed for 10s looks good to get flag across the map as fast as possible Draenei-The naaru self heal could work as a extra cooldown and the hit racial can make it so I can reforge more into mastery. Gnome- Ability to escape roots could be useful Dwarf- Wiping bleeds in a rbg along with a 10% damage reduction looks pretty good, rogues attempting to slow you when freedoms on cd could wipe off crippling and get you a little farther before they have the chance to shiv it on again. Night elf- Stealthing while defending bases could force a rogue to pop and they cant get the upper hand on you early, detargeting is nice as well when your on your way to get the flag too. Im leaning a bit more towards Draenei because of the self heal and a bit because of how they look as well, anyone who has any advice on what to choose post it on here.Borrawin10 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 PvE gear question I just got the 403 backbreaker shoulders and was wondering if I should switch those with my current 384's but lose the 4piece. Anyone know what I should do? Thanks!Ehco2 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Can someone help me with my Prot. Warrior? I'm not having an issue with threat or anything but the healers I run with in the random dungeon finder are telling me that I am hard to heal. I know I need to replace my belt but is there something else I am doing wrong with my spec/gear/reforging? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.George1 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Am I just bad or what? As you could see from my talent tree, I rolled a Prot Warrior. Now, I have some experience with Melee DPS (being as I was an elemantal shaman and a Blood Dk), but I have to say I am not taking mobs down nearly as easily under prot as I was with those two specs. Am I just a baddie or what? Am I inefficient at managing rage? Did anyone else experience longer times to take down mobs, especially at low levels? Thanks. Also, and tips would be cool as well.Rorakk6 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Slam and Recklessness Just a really basic question here. Assuming I have 35+ rage, should slam replace overpower during recklessness? Reasoning that a good bit of the recklessness crit is "wasted" on overpower due to it's high innate crit chance.Esclamayshun1 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 What are warriors good for? The title pretty much says it all. Are they pvp raid dungeon ect. What do they do diff from other classesCitedale1 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 am i a warrior yet? well?Ulaa16 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Spell reflect explanation by GC??? LOL ok this is what CG said: "Spell Reflect is one of those mechanics that always feels weak to the warrior and overpowered to everyone else. We ran a bunch of internal BGs and Arenas and it was pretty universal that the casters were constantly having everything reflected if there was a warrior in the area." how is that even possible to have everything reflected by an ability with a 30 sec CD that reflects 1 spell , what a bunch of BS i cant belive this guy and this companyKazcram39 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 @Friday I hate everything about Spine and whoever thought of that encounter needs a good talking to about boss designRush169 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Tier legs.... dps > prot for tanking? Colossal Dragonplate Legguards Colossal Dragonplate Legplates Assuming you're upgrading from Foundations of Courage.. 4PC isn't an issue, so would the dps legs, with their mastery, be better? Or am I missing something here? Thoughts?fKáhn14 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 fury stat weights hello all. any advice would be greatly appreciated. so im a 6/8 heroic arms war workin on spine. i manually reforged my gear and went fury for tendon dmg.. went hi hit low exp; did great 1.5 mil per expose. i understand the normal stat priority (2pt13) listed in the above guide for normal fights, but does anyone have the actual stat values to enter into a reforge addon/website like reforgelite to make it easier.. the preset stats are for non-2pt13Murselol1 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Gearing order for pvp? Fresh 85, and despite the QQ i see on the forums, i'm intent on trying out warrior pvp. I know that my weapon is the #1 priority, but what should my order be afterwards? The 4 set bonus looks very nice, so i'm assuming i should be going for that but I wasn't sure... Any other tips would be much appreciated aswell!Tankadus2 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Help Please Can someone tell me what I need to buy heroic armour from the justice quartermaster. My current armour seems to be as good as the best justice armour so I would like to buy heroic. Any help would be apprciated. ThanksFuhawk6 May 12, 2012
May 12, 2012 Will Arms be the the only PVP option til MOP? Does Fury or Prot have any credibility in pvp? Becuase ive beaten a cataclysmic fury with the gear i have now, and i have seen a few pvp Prot warriors out there...Skrillêx7 May 12, 2012
May 11, 2012 Little love from GC please Shattering Throw is now usable while moving and/or cost no rage Shield Wall: Reduce 35% damage without shield and 45% damage with shield ' That will help us out SO SO much in PvP and i don't think it will make Warrior OP in PvE and PvP but will make Warrior's life 10000x easierBurizar1 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Threat Issues - 25 H DS Krazyindian4 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 need bars to change with my stances hello i am looking for some kind of action bar system or way where when i go from battle to berzerker stance ALL the bars can change and not just bar 1 its very frustrating and i just wanted to know if curse had one i have bartender4 but only bar 1 will change but i have more abilities than just bar 1 can hold please helpDarkireaperi7 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Prot: I seem to be giving healers a hard time ...and I don't like giving healers a hard time. Other than my gear level, which I am working on by running HoTs, I can't figure out what I might have going wrong. -Repaired -Correct stance -keeping mobs in front of me -rotating thru defensive CDs when they're available -keeping demo shout up I'm not new to tanking, leveled this one prot all the way to 85 and now running HoTs. I have every other tank class at 85 except my 84 paladin... But my damage intake is noticeably spiky. Doesn't matter if its trash packs or bosses - it just looks like I'm taking too much damage. My reforging and stat priority is basically: Mastery > dodge or parry > everything else - I follow the guide at Noxxic. Lately when I've been playing my priest I ask tanks what their iLvL is and I healed a 346 (got in HoT with Holy gear in inventory I guess) who I had no problem with. Any ideas what's making me so squishy?Frigate10 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Free class change for warriors in mop This should be available since they basically hate this class why not just remove it from the game.Colossal18 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Fury vs. Arms Which spec currently puts out more competitive dps? Or is it based on preference and playstyle? At first I tried fury and wound up putting out 8k dps in 370 gear because I had no rage 80% of the time. I then tred Arms with stance dance macros and brought my dps up to a measly 16k. I have seen more fury warriors doing top dps than arms in DS, which makes me wonder if fury is a better spec to try? In which case...... Does anyone have a particular guide they recommend? Thanks.Sjögren14 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Need Warrior Advice for an ability! Greetings Masters of War! Can someone please clarify what the ability "Beserker Rage" can be used to defend against? My friend for example got hit with paladin "Hammer of Justice" and he was wondering why he couldnt use BR to get out of it. I told him because thats not an incapacitate effect, its considered a stun. The tool tip imo needs updating imo. I still basically told him it wont work against : Intimidation, Impact, Cheap Shot, Kidney Shot, Skull Bash, things like that as those are "stuns". It SHOULD work against : Repentance, Blind, Gouge, Blast Wave, Fear,Sap etc. as those are "incapacitate" effects.Raygar4 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 How warrior specs should really be Fury warrior No Stuns + Extreme Damage + Low or No Heals + Snares/stuns have lesser effect on Fury warrior Arms Warrior Stuns + Medium Damage + Better Heals than Fury This is the only way it would make sense. Fury warriors are supposed to be berserkers who are barely in control of themselves. They should be able to do high damage at the cost of having no stuns and little heals. Since they're like wild beasts, other classes shouldn't be able to slow/stun them much and their crits should be able shatter bubbles and similar stuff. Arms on the other hand are supposed to be the textbook warrior, completely in control, using moves that can stun, weaken enemies and then finishing them off. They should be the counter classes of other melees and should do better than Fury vs casters. Currently on live, Arms has more stuns and does more damage than Fury. Reading the beta forums, there's even little difference between arms and fury now. Tell me why oh why does Blizzard not see?Noxwind8 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 quick question about expertise human racial if 781 is how much expertise you need for cap (26) and the human racial bumps it up to 29, how much of the 781 do I get rid of to bring it back down to 26? thanks!Aayla3 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Soloing Kael in TK with normal mode 4.3 gear Haven't been able to find many threads on Warrior soloing, but figured I'd post my experience with soloing the only boss I find worth killing pre-MoP: Kael in TK. I've seen a few videos of people soloing as fury and prot, but as the casual gamer with only access to standard pugging normal DS gear will give my comments on how to solo as fury using the kiting strategy. (yes, I know lame). I've been soloing him for a while now, very easily on the DK and hunter before 4.3, but only after gearing up in 4.3 on the warrior. The other TK bosses are much easier and straightforward to farm as either prot or fury making a TK clear ~1250 gold in an hour or so. Equipment: I have a 403 Gurth, 397 OH, also have two 403 Souldrinkers with mending that make the parts up to actually fighting Kael easier. I used to spec into both SMF and TG so I could use dual SD before going TG for the Kael part where dps was a bit more important, but lately have just been staying with my current fury spec and TG the whole encounter. Trinkets I use 390 Crit pvp trinket & 359 TB resist on use trinket. Rest of gear is 397 tier or valor pieces. I found bumping from ilvl 384ish to 390+ made soloing about 12 times easier as opposed to on my hunter/dk where ilvl just made the fight shorter. Consumables: Expertise & Resistance Elixirs (3g), Fort II Scroll (10g), Drums of Forgotten Kings (8g), Food (1g), Dense Bandages (3g) = ~25g per attempt. Strategy: P1: Enter combat, run back to entrance of instance, wait for the two melee adds and kill them, run back to the top of the Alar room, intercept her, get a few hits in then leap past her and drag her to the entrance to Kael's room and drop her there. Try to kill her near the wall so you can position yourself to get knockbacked for p3. Use your trinkets her to make things easy. Then I run back to the entrance from Alar's room and drop the engineer there, then head towards Kael to meet the weapons. P2: Target Cosmic and interrupt the heal then drop the rest of the weapons. Pick up the Staff, and run to entrance to kael's room and position yourself to stop knockback. P3: Kill them one by one, run away to bandage as you wait for Kael, equip and use staff. (having a macro to equip both weapons is helpful, as well as a shield wall macro) P4: Wait for Kael to cast his Arcane Disription (disorient) before you swap to your dps weapons. As soon as he does, I swap and DW/Reck and interrupt only the first fireball, then TB trinket until his pyro chain to make sure pummel is up for that. When a phoenix spawns, only cleave it. Make sure BT is always on CD; don't use BR to proc RB since that is saved for ER incase things hit the fan. The biggest mistake I used to make was having pummel on CD when pyro was casting. Don't worry too much about normal fireballs or birds, or if you sit there with the staff equipped for what seems like an eternity. 390i gear + offensive cds should be sufficient to transition before a second disruption. P5: Kill any remaining birds with BT and bandage up again. Swap back to staff and wait for him to gravity lapse. As soon as you see the Arcane Disruption animation, swap to your weapons. When he knocks you up, engineering chute or just leap back to the ground. KEEP MAX MELEE distance from Kael during this phase and you should not be affected by the gas clouds. If you are due to rng, just run away and bandage and wait. Feel free to pop your trinkets until he dies as with 390i+ he usually only goes through one more Arcane disruption and fireball damage should be survivable interrupting and popping a TB trinket. Always looking for ways to make these runs shorter, if the BH trinket is even worth it, or if someone can do a good prot write up or how to not need to kite effectively that would help us out. Good luck!Burrfoot0 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Trinket help Currently I have three trinkets, and am at a little of a loss as to which two to use. I'm almost certain that Rotting Skull is one of my BiS and is one of the choices. The other two trinkets I have are the raid finder versions of Creche of the Final Dragon and Eye of Unmaking. Anyone know which I should use?Wompycake5 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 DPS Warrior Stats + Caps Hi there im putting together a DPS set and was wondering if i could please get a quick rundown of stat priority, dps rotation, and caps for each please, thanks in advance.Pulsate1 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Potential mog? Just wondering what shield I should get for my mog set right now i thinking full t2 with quel'serrar (if its still possible to get idk) with maybe the BT shield im not sure any suggestions?Fordrian3 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Fury Warriors Looking for some advice from some fury warriors. Im very disappointed with my DPS and feel like I can do much better. I keep running dungeons with other people who already have a GS in the 1400's. How in the hell are these so high already? Is it from heirloom gear? I feel like I have a good rotation figured out and I upgrade equipment as I receive it. Im just looking for any advice from experienced fury warriors out there. Im still fairly new to the toon and I have a lot to learn.Bormann7 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 What should I replace? I know that my gear isn't widely enchanted or anything, but I'm working on it (everything is so expeeeensive), so please take it easy on me in that respect. I've got enough valor points to buy something (~1650 or something) and wanted to know which piece of gear I should look to replace. My goal is to hit 372 and do some raid finder stuff (I'm sitting at 368 right now), after I somehow manage to scavenge the money necessary to get all my enchants and gemming right. Thanks!Lolrage11 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Just come back to game after almost a year! Hey guys, Before I get yelled at for being lazy I am just starting to read through all the threads but I though a quick run down from some might help. Long story short I have just come back to the game after almost a year off. Have always been a fury warrior as my main and when I left Firelands had just hit and i'm currently geared in close to all 359's. Anything major changed for warriors recently i need to know of? From memory stats were str > hit to 8> exp to 26> and then a mix of more crit and hit where it can be reforged. Titans grip vs SMF still not much diff? Rotation from memory was Colossus smash, bloodthirst, RB if proced and heroic strike if rage above about 70. Any advice on where to start on gearing up again? Thanks and I'm excited to be back again for a while :) Thanks for any advice you can help with!Macgyverr1 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Who wants Staple? In the Beta Class forums, GC was making a hypothetical example about how to post on the forums and said this. ... Now I know he was showing how NOT to give feedback, but still. Name that sucker Impale and you got a awesome move! Oh, and Ghostcrawler promised us a stapler.Drede8 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 I killed a mage today.... 1v1, prepare for incoming nerfs... I'm sorry...Atlås7 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Warriors who also have DKs or Paladins Just curiuos what you think of playing a warrior compared to a Frost DK I really don't have any interests in a unholy DK but I have a 76 DK that ive been having some fun on and as much as I like death grip i still think charge is the best thing in the game but howling blast, chains of ice and the dots a dk has are just too nice. Anyways i've tanken a couple month break from WoW and im back just for something to kill time until D3 but im just curiuos this DK feels like a easier mode of the warrior. So you guys that have both at max level, why do you play the warrior over the DK or vice versa. I know I enjoy melee dps the most hands down I havn't played a paladin in a long time and only got him to level 60 but most of them were free levels from a recruit a friend so im curious as well as to what you guys think of a Ret paladin compared to a arms/fury warrior or a frost dk. Also talking about running a lot of random BGs by yourself. thanksRecklessfury20 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Warrior Crit?? So im having a problem with my crit chance. When im completely unloading on a target dummy, the most i can push without my 2 dps trinkets, and reck, is 12.5k. When i check out details on recount, mortal strike is almost at the bottom, and it NEVER crits. Anything i can do to help?Skrillêx3 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Fury Warrior or Enhance shammy? Alright so im thinking about making a new dps alt, i like melee classes no doubt about that, but im deciding between enhance shammy or fury warrior....what i want to know is which does more dmg in the end game (DS and all that) and is easy to keepRevenant3 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Warrior PVP guides Could someone please point me to some nice warrior pvp guides? I just finished collecting all honor gear and would now like to properly specc, enchant and gem . I know there is a sticky one, but that one is only for arms. Are the other speccs not viable? Thanks.Fortknox2 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 SMF PvP. Right, over heard (read) some parts of a conversation in trade chat, and there's a couple of warriors rated 2.4k+ RBG rating having a discussion about how they've decided not to remain Arms in PvP, but have gone fury (SMF) and ofcourse are using two 1Handed Swords, and are apparently owning? Not sure if they're just get lucky kills or unless it's actually a valid switch? Has anyone here tried and tested it? is it a compatible spec/talent choice? Is it any good? Looking forward to reading some replies, thanks. -Maev.Maevbane12 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Arms Warrior Questions I am not geared on this alt but I was wondering if theres anything wrong with my PVE spec, also I am looking for macros for Arms stance dancing. if its still viable can someone link me or tell me what youre supposed to do for rotation when to switch stances and obviously what macros i needAwe1 May 11, 2012
May 11, 2012 Toons immune to slows and throwdown I been doing some pvp and noticed lately alot of toonz are getting immune from my HS and Throwdown. Battled a warrior he wasn't bladestorming tryied throwdown got immune. I did Ham string like 5 times on a hunter and was immune. Is this a potion or spell i don't know about?Furiouschops6 May 11, 2012
May 10, 2012 Fury - Spine HM Quick question, high mastery or high hit build for pure tendon damage?Demongate9 May 10, 2012