Warrior

Jan 31, 2012 Throwdown vs Concussion Blow ConcussionBlow Tier 3 talent 15 ragecost Deals 75% of ap followed by 5 sec stun 30 sec cd Throwdown Tier 6 talent 15 ragecost 5 sec stun with no dmg dealt 45 sec cd Concussion Blow wins: Lower Tier than arms Same duration of stuns with the exceptional of dmg from Concussion Blow Both stun abilities have the 5 sec stun but Concusion Blow have 15 sec shorter cd than Throwdown. That brings me to another question: WHY?Shutupikillu1 Jan 31, 2012
Jan 31, 2012 goin back to fury looted warmaster mace.. i want to keep my 390 lfr gurth in MH and put the 397 mace in OH right? this way i get the 2% proc for the sword? I have enough hit rating now with this valor chest for fury so im heading back home :) /loves fury whos coming with me fury fanz? Got a limo coming in 20 minutes.. :)Skillywilly12 Jan 31, 2012
Jan 31, 2012 How Am I Doing (Prot) Any advice and suggestions are welcomed. Alsways looking to better myself.Midi1 Jan 31, 2012
Jan 31, 2012 Second Wind stacking What if? Me and a friend were talking about stuff while que'ing random BGs, and I can't think of a terrible reason for it not to. Get stunned while still regenning? 2nd stack of the buff applied(not completely refreshed, say you had 3s left on original, then after that 3s you would go back to 1 stack). Blizz doesn't want to help warriors with anything fun, so why not just let us get more health back while stuck in novas. <pvp fun alt, pls don't hateDiesels0 Jan 31, 2012
Jan 31, 2012 SMF Damage-Help Please! Hey all! I'm somewhat new to SMF for raiding, and I noticed some kinda strange trends in my DPS. On Warmaster Blackhorn Wednesday, I noticed after downing him that my damage looked somewhat like this on Recount: Melee: 24% Bloodthirst: 20% Heroic Strike: 14% Which was fairly consistent every time we attempted him. I was just wondering; is my rotation correct? I just want to make sure so that way I'm not skimping on any DPS I can scrounge up. Any help You guys could give me would be much appreciated! PS: don't troll my weapons, I know theyre crap.Chton4 Jan 31, 2012
Jan 31, 2012 Expertise cap Just wondering if they have changed the expertise cap for arms. Im pretty sure the cap was still 781, but when i did some reforging today i was already capped at 717. Any ideas? Thanks! :DNayako2 Jan 31, 2012
Jan 31, 2012 Male Tauren Warrior Name? I'm making one and I'm so stuck on names. Thanks C: Please nothing to do with steak or milk. Hooves, Etc is fine.Lostchipmunk12 Jan 31, 2012
Jan 31, 2012 Swayy(Kittycleave) in NAO Tourny advancing on Swayy and his team were picked to lose both matches to Samx's team of enhsham/rogue/disc priest and Diziet's thugcleave of resto sham/rogue/hunter but came out on top. Winning the first match 3-1 and the 2nd match 3-0. The biggest highlight was probably the spell reflect of hex to cc the sham healer to end the game and Swayy being able to get out of each smoke bomb easily. Also had great teamplay with holy pally and feral druid. http://www.twitch.tv/naoinv Is the livestream for the NAO tournament hosted by players. You can also go to the video tab and watch the matches you have missed. http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/218482-nao-invitational-2-participating-teams/ What teams are playing in the tournament. http://images.challonge.com/naoinv2.png Is the bracket so far that they continue to update. Also want to add there is also 2 other warrior comps. WLS and KFC, they were outmatched either by comps or players. Still might be able to see them continue in the losers bracket and might be able to make it to the Tournament. Right now everyone is qualifying for the NAO Tournament and so far Swayy is looking good and should advance.Hammus4 Jan 31, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 FC warrior I am going to make a FC warrior and I was wondering what race I should go with, I'm thinking about going undead but I know that the racials are pretty much useless since wotf shares the same CD with trinket and you have beserker rage to break out of fear and sap, also thinking of goblins Any suggestions, thanksCrocodile9 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Toying w PvP Spec Thought I would post up some thoughts on a spec I have been toying with in 3s and actually enjoyed last night: Spec 31/3/7 Things to mention: Arms - Skipped Sudden Death - Skipped Sweeping Strikes Fury - 3 points in Blood Craze - Skipped Cruelty :( Prot - Took Blood & Thunder on the way to Gag Order Team Comp Warrior/Rogue/Disc Pros - Melee & Ranged silence (combine with Rogue smoke & slows) - Self-regen - AOE Rend Cons - Low MS crit chance - No Piercing Howl - No CS proc chance Basically the goal of this comp is based on playing 3s with a Rogue and a Disc so that healing isn't as good as with a HPally but we have more dispels for mobility and offensive fears/dispels for pressure. With Rogue slows I opted for Gag Order instead of Piercing Howl however I also maximized Warrior survivability by taking 3 points in Blood Craze to help keep my health up for synergy with disc bubbles. I lose out on some MS crit chance (no Cruelty) and some CS procs (no Sudden Death) with this spec, but since Warrior crit chance is so low anyway I frequently get my MS procs from Juggernaught charge anyway and the added regen from Blood Craze actually helps a lot in survivability since most teams go after me. Spreading rend with Blood and Thunder combined with ranged silence options with Gag Order provides some healer lockout versatility as well as options against casters (stop a shatter when rooted, etc). In general I am unimpressed with Sudden Death due to CS only being 50% and Warrior up-time frequently being minimal enough that you don't have the windows to really make it worthwhile anyway. Giving up Sweeping Strikes is annoying but I really like having 1 point in Blitz so that I can stun 2 targets with every charge (and free glyph slot for 1 second off charge CD) which is VERY useful against aids comps like Ret/DK that chase our disc around like lost puppies. Curious on what feedback people may have, I frequently change specs and really only play this spec based on the 3s comp I am running right now.Squirrelnut1 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 character audit, what sould I be tanking? I am 100% casual player. I don't have the time to be in a raiding guild with the family and work. The other night I got booted from an hour of twilight group because they said my gear is crap before I even had a chance to tank. I know its crap, but my ctc is 81.52 before buffs wich I think is decent for my gear score. I should be able to do ok as long as I manage my CD's, or am I really not ready?Olblood9 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Rogue How do I kill rogue? Rogue 2 hard to kill. I hate rogue cause they gone when they almost die.Ængelistic6 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Opening strat for 2v2 no healer So ive been maxing out getting points with a few friends in 2s one being a rogue and one being a DK and it seems 99% of the time im getting trained right off the back and it puts me right into playing D When i get trained I usually start off poping shield wall then try to get a demo shout off by this time im usually dead and if not i will try to get an intimation shout off then if im still alive im usually ok but it seems i get bursted down so fastRecklessfury5 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 What 78-79 greens should I get for DPS? ? Someone help me out here. I'm a noob.Tonytime7 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 [Help] Fury at Level 70 Hey there, WoW forums. It's my first time posting here (and also my first Warrior), so please bear with me. I'm leveling my Warrior up to seventy. I'm thirty-three at the time of this posting, and so far I've been going with Fury. I've read that Arms is much more efficient for leveling-- and pumps out more damage-- but I really like the way Fury looks, and the idea of Titan's Grip is particularly appealing to me. Now, I plan on keeping this character at level 70. I've been reading some guides on Fury in Cataclysm from places like Noxxic, and it helps me with prioritizing stats and the gems I'll need and the like, but a few spells in the rotation I won't have access to, since I won't be leveling all the way to 85, nor be able to spend as many talents. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with rotation at level seventy, or perhaps suggest a different talent build than the "core" Cataclysm one I see around (I just planned on following this build until I hit 70, I'm not sure if my talents need to change specifically for 70). Or, and I hope it doesn't come to this, would it be easier to just cut my losses now and switch to Arms? I read in another thread (while I was browsing for information) that gear at that level doesn't have any ideal stats for Fury. Since I'm fairly sure that those items are too low for reforging, that seems really important. I asked a couple of my friends in-game. One told me that as long as I pumped up my Strength, I'd be fine. Another told me that I would really miss the stats. Just looking for a little advice on where to go with this! Any help at all is much appreciated.Giffca2 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 is my arms and prot good? any comments on my buildsWallon1 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 @Bamf Do you like long walks on the beach? Romantic candle-lit dinners? Chick flicks with kettle corn?Chemille2 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Gave Up Stance Dancing tried this for two weeks, pressing OP twice and the delay to slam was too annoying. Just wondering if i should spec out of Stance Mastery if I dont stance dance anymore. If so, which talents should I put the points in? I'm thinking Drums of War and maybe Throwdown.Demacia15 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Protection Warrior Gearing After CTC Cap Where should one go after they reach 102.4% fully buffed? I know that protection paladins almost entirely stack stamina after their cap, but warriors have crit block. More mastery, stamina, or avoidance? Which one is preferred?Radianova10 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Any of you played both a Warrior and a DK? Why do you choose the warrior over the DK? If you were to do it all over would you go warrior again or a different melee class?Taqus40 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 No butter for me please I am seeking information on the survivability of Warriors. This is the only Warrior I have and it is a twink, but that is not the issue. What I would like to know is when I am stunned besides trinketing out is there anything I can do to assist my survivability. I seem to die really fast when stunned, while other classes around me can just soak up the damage. I am still learning this classes mechanics, and I do alright for a class that is not popular anymore in PvP, but yeah the amount of damage I take seems far greater than any other class.Cromulan4 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 I remember when dks replaced warriors. who else feels like instead of fixing warriors mobility and dmg they just suggest everyone play dk's because they can do everything a warrior cant do and better/easier.Bloodzerker6 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Dps Trinkets - Again, and yes I apologize I did a search before posting, but I found little in the way of data supporting everyone's opinions. I have LFR eye, that's staying. I also have a 384 vessel and 384 bone link. I DO NOT have a creche. Question. i know i go eye/fetish for aoe fights. For single target... eye/fetish or eye/vessel? iI just got the vessel.Undaunt1 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 @Sunday Colds in summer suck. Left over BBQ doesn't, however.Barricade122 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 @ Monday Blah, another work week! >_<Høck0 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Anyone have two warriors? i absolutely LOVE my warrior and dont plan on rerolling anythingelse ever again. but i also love fury and prot. so i was thinking about lvling another warrior. my main one, < this one, and another more for funsies like main spec fury off spec prot. i pretty much ONLY do pvp, mostly just random bgs, and some arenas with my undergeared RL friends for fun. i didnt have any problems with boredom lvling this warrior so grinding to 85 wouldnt be that much of an issue. so back to the main question. Anyone have two warriors? and if so why and do u play both ? p.s. iv only had WoW for almost a year now ( made this warrior in like November[/played is like 15 days i think]) so im not a 2200 mmr player YET, still learning :PNayld26 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Questions for warriors Right now i want to get into my warrior toon for some more for pvp. In some respects i hear warriors are absolute garbage. I don't see many in top ladders either. But what i do see is that sometimes warriors just wreck. So whats really going on with warriors in pvp? They doing okay or are they terrible? I know they aren't op...Hotcakes19 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Warrior needs Buff to blood craze and second wind so we can actually not be squishy like dks without our shield, warriors get controlled really easily. I felt it today, in 3s , warrior simply doesn't do damage if he gets peeled, absorbs still kill our rage bars... Our damage and overall mobility(getting from point a to point b is not a problem, moving a few steps towards our target is a real challange) maybe we could use real damage execute too(100% crit maybe?), because being controlled too much could be solved by buffing bladestorm damage, but bladestorm is too faceroll to do as much damage as it used to, also breaking recklessness and distributing its critical increase on our abilities. Bonus critical on slam and execute could help, because counter pressure on a warrior is just insanely effective with recklessness there, even if its just 1 big attack, it HURTS.Crau3 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Charge in MOP Did anyone else notice that charge will stun the target for 1.50 seconds in MOP? it's intercept just shorter cool down!!!! if you know any other buffs pst on thisHammerinator1 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Quick Question about BiS Where can I find a list of our BiS gear? I've looked but I can't seem to find a current one... D=Drasam0 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 are warrior awesome thinking of maybe boosting a warrior and switching over to him for Mop. What do you think of warriors current state and possible thoughts on mop warriors?Brand1 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Progressive Colossus Smash & GCD Confusion? There are two subtle changes that i think could benefit arms warrior PVP greatly. Progressive Colossus Smash Why not make Colossus Smash have more armor penetration on character with more armor and less armor penetration on characters with less armor? Maybe on plate wearers or druids in bear form Colossus Smash could deal a 60% armor penetration and on clothies it could deal a 40% armor penetration. Warriors could use a boost against plate wearing classes, where as i don't think we need anymore help against clothies. I'm not sure about anyone else but many times in BGs i feel somewhat like an old dagger rogue who pretty much sticks to killing squishies. (i'm not sure how people would feel about an armor pen nerf against mages atm though) GCD I dislike having to Charge>Hamstring>Rend>CS and even possibly use a Throwdown or Deadly Calm before i start my damage rotation. I find this opening to be lethargic compared to many other classes that can almost go straight into their damage rotation. Warriors already have Rage and Slaughter stacks to build, why burden us more? My idea is for MS to apply rend, rend already immediately activates Taste for Blood. So OP would still fit into our Colossus Smash burst window. This isn't a very big change but i think it would improve our opening rotation on a fresh target. I'm not sure if these ideas have been brought up before but feedback will be appreciated. Rellius5 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 how do you get better at tanking i need help ok so i did bd and i failed i was kicked and this was in 4.3 that was guild raid, i was doing morchok a day ago not lfr and the heals were not the best but i need help with tanking bosses in raids better like staying alive and when to like pop cooled downs i didn't even get to the enrage for morchok i don't know if i was doing something wrong i had 4 stacks of break armor and i know it is supposed to only be 3 and then taunt but i was even taking more than a lot of damage in 3 stacks of break armor is there a way to prevent this do i need better gear or just different better heals it was a pub and how do you get better at tanking?!!!!!Raragoomi3 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Trading skirmisher/heroic fury for bloodcraze Is it worthwhile? While there are boss fights in Dragon Soul that involve frequent movement, like Warmaster Blackhorn and Madness of Deathwing, it seems like there's significant raid damage on all boss fights in Dragon Soul, which could make Blood Craze useful. I know it's not a good tank talent because multiple procs reset the heal over time, but as DPS, it seems like the inconsistent raid damage you take would make the heal from Blood Craze, with the added benefit of Field Dressing, more useful.Rockskull2 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Warrior dps specs? help ! My next toon will be a warrior .Could i get what spec is best suited for pve - ? pvp -? dungeons - ? Im pretty sure pvp is arms but i want to be sure Is arms just a preference ? are the specs even ,close,far apart with each other ?Adimanos2 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 30, 2012 Pvp questions So I've been wondering. Do you guys feel that reverting CS back to 100% for pvp would fix our problems? I feel like every class hits harder than us, especially vs plate. Also for MoP, which talent would be best? Throw down howl or cripple? I like cripple since it removes hamstring of the picture, but losing our stun seems costly. Opinion's would be great! Thanks.Krizzik1 Jan 30, 2012
Jan 29, 2012 Tank info Might have over looked it, but I can not find what numbers for stats that I should have. Where do I want my exp/hit to be? Gonna assume its something like 23-26/8% Dodge/Parry ratio's. Do I want the %'s to be as close as possible or is it the actual numbers that I need to look at? Think I read that I should have something like 120 more parry then dodge. Is there a cap of some sort on dodge/parry/block? The goal is to tank raids and twilight's.Deathorc8 Jan 29, 2012
Jan 29, 2012 Useful War tank addons? Hello, I've read the spinning shields and you post but it didn't have a section for addons. I know about tidyplates:threat plates and deadly boss mods, though was wondering what other useful addons fellow warrior tanks use. What is the addon that shows my abilities when they come off cooldown in the middle of the screen, like shield wall and intercept?Drewski1 Jan 29, 2012
Jan 29, 2012 tanking bosses better i need help i need help ok i know start with like black wings decent but i was doing neferian and i failed badly i was kicked and i tried to tank morchok and i died and people left the heals weren't the best but for like morchok what should i do i died also because other tank was not taunting it was a pub but i am still wondering if i will ever get better and i need like some tips to get betterRaragoomi1 Jan 29, 2012
Jan 29, 2012 Help Finding A Tanking Guide Hello fellow Warriors, I am here today to hopefully find someone willing to help me out. I am relatively new to Warriors, I leveled this one my new main during the middle of Cataclysm and am absolutely loving it. The way they play is just very exciting to me. I have always been kind of scared to tank seeing as it comes with a lot of responsibility, maybe not quite as much as being a healer but a lot more than being a DPS so I've kind of put off trying it out. Recently I have become quite intrigued by it and have been searching for guides on how to get started. I have not been able to find a guide that is very complete, my main issue is I'm terrible at gearing efficiently and that is my main goal today, I would like to see if anyone is willing to help me or direct me to a good source of a guide that will help me best start my road to gearing my Warrior as a tank. I am not currently raiding much and Raid Finder seems like it will take a pretty long time to gather gear before I will be able to actually jump into my first heroic. So I pretty much would like to find my way to a gear list that is quickly obtained whether through JP farming or crafting. Also a general guide on how to tank effectively would be a great help as well. Thank you so much to anyone who is willing to take their time to help this new Warrior out. -MikeMikelol2 Jan 29, 2012
Jan 29, 2012 If threat were still x3... I remember reading GC's post about the goal of buffing threat to x5 was so tanks didn't have to worry nearly as much about threat and can focus more on other aspects of the fight. Something to that affect anyway.. To be fair I don't really worry about threat these days in raids so that is nice. HOWEVER, I would contend that if threat were changed back to x3 there would be A LOT of dead dps around here. With people reaching bursts of 70-80k and sustained dps of 40-50k there is NO way x3 would cut it. Especially for warrior tanks.. So was the change to x5 truly to free up tanks a bit or was it because tank dps wasn't scaling with our damage dealers? Or both perhaps? Now if your one of those amazing tanks that could still easily hold agro today with x3 then good for you, I could not. Dhoomsday4 Jan 29, 2012
Jan 29, 2012 WoL memory hog or no? anyone know if WoL when u are recording info for ur guild does it drain memory from ur processor like how addons take up memory usage?Skillywilly1 Jan 29, 2012
Jan 29, 2012 Spell Reflect needs a buff. So i decided to copy a warrior on the PTR about a week ago, and i REALLY enjoy it. I love being all up in people's business after charging, and stuff like that. Despite the fun I am having, there is one spell i think needs a buff. Spell Reflection. Now, when i first saw this spell in the spellbook, i thought, "Wow. This could really help me in killing the ever-so-invincible Frost Mages." If i was being kited, i could use Spell Reflection until charge or heroic leap was up, or something of that nature. As i started to use it in duels, i had realized that for the "6 seconds" that it lasts, it does NOT REFLECT SPELLS DURING THOSE 6 SECONDS. I had soon realized that it only reflected one spell.. And to reflect something like a deep freeze is very difficult when only having one shot at it. To summarize, Warriors are in serious need of a buff vs classes that immobilize/stun you with any type of magic. And i am saying this EVEN AS A FROST MAGE MYSELF. I am in not even full ruthless gear and can still kite a decent warrior however much i want. I believe that a buff of this kind would be a small step towards balancing out warriors.Edrenton0 Jan 29, 2012
Jan 29, 2012 3 Easy warrior fixes for blizzard. Keep in mind blizzard I am suggesting one not all 3. 1)CS back to 100% plus removes melee blocking effects (with the exception of pally bubble and ice block) but now cost 25 rage up from 20 2)Heroic strike dmg increaed by 30% or rage is lowered to 10 rage cost (Does a mages ice lance cost more than Frost Bolt?) Lets face it as well with the amount of uptime on targets we don't really have time to be casting slam and I feel slam should stay in pve b/c it has no place in pvp. 3)My last suggestion of a fix would be to make dmg decrease 10% in battle and 15% in defensive while lowering spell reflect back down to 10 secounds. These are my ideas and suggestions and i feel as if any of these 3 could put warriors back in the running for the remainder of cata. Bludreaper4 Jan 29, 2012
Jan 29, 2012 Heroic Leap, glitched? I've done incredible things with this, surviving falls, tanking aoe mobs, catching mages/hunters and such, but as soon as a pebble an inch tall gets in the way, there's no longer a path available. Really?Chot13 Jan 29, 2012
Jan 29, 2012 Rate the name above yours Just figured I'd throw this out there to see what all everyone else names their warriors, be nice or be critical, i don't horridly care, whoever's next rate mine please and tyShinbreaker43 Jan 29, 2012
Jan 29, 2012 How to fight dks? Hey guys just wondering. My gear is crap i dont have much clue what im doing but i can still have a decent stouche with most classes and have some fun, even if i usually lose. But i just dont even seem close to dks, even fighting a fresh 85 with blue weap and pvp items i just get pretty majorly owned. Is it mainly just my spec as i dont change for pvp...and just put on my crafted gear with around 2k resil. I dunno, just wonderin if they are a bit of a counter class or something?Helimech18 Jan 29, 2012
Jan 29, 2012 Macros list for Arms Warrior ? Hello all , I was just wondering if there was a good resource for macros for Arms Warriors . Both PvE/Tanking and PvP would be useful . Thanks in advance ! :) Aurgus :)Aurgus1 Jan 29, 2012
Jan 29, 2012 I love The prot warrior 4 piece oh... and my beardAgaldas2 Jan 29, 2012
Jan 29, 2012 Old Raid Soloing Spec Back in Wrath we had a Fury/Prot hybrid spec that I used to solo old stuff. Since cata hit I've been trying to use an adapted Prot spec that used impending victory, blood craze and field dressing but I'm finding it's just not doing as much as I'd like. Does anyone have a spec of choice for going out and about solo'ing old world content? Is Fury still king for bloodthirst? The healing seemed underwhelming when I tried it but I admit I did not spend a lot of time trying it out.Bowlol8 Jan 29, 2012