Warrior

Feb 27, 2012 Are my stats right? My melee stats? Speed - 3.55 Haste - +1.42% Hit chance - +5.02% Crit chance - 7.77% Expertise - 11 Mastery - 10.52Çorrupted3 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Great first LFR run. Did my first LFR on this character yesterday. It was awesome to say the least, besides one person trying to kick out all the other warriors who weren't even last DPS. I assume he was just trying to win the drops, other then that it was great. I won 3 tier tokens, a trinket, and a ring. Gurth dropped, I probably would've lost my mind if I won that as well, but I'm very happy with what I got. Now if only I could get a weapon drop from the Twilight instances.Gorchuk10 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 My dps is bad. Can I please get some help with my dps or lack threreof? My rotation is charge > rend > cs > ms > overpower and slam on a priority basis. Mortal strike / overpower gets priority over slam. I also use deadly calm on cd and recklessness when required. I also use bladestorm for aoe dps obviously. I am hit capped and exp capped. I am struggling to get more than 12k dps on dummies and not much more in dungeons, I know I'm missing an enchant or 2 but 12k is embarrassingly low, and I've been told I should be pulling at least 18-19k with the dps gear that I have. Can an experienced arms pve warrior take a look at my setup and give me some advice please? Let me know if any more info is required, I'm at work and had to rush this a bit. :\ edit: not sure why my prot gear is showing up in armory, I am logged out in arms with dps set equipped >.< and yes, I know I still have a tank ring on. Working on that :pCletas8 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Tanking Threat Troubles Hello everyone.... its me Serkoid... I was just on my way back from tanking.... last time I tanked was in 4.2 and now I decided to try it again, in 4.3.2. So I finished all of Dragon Soul, and I have no aggro problems against DPS, but my other tank.... oh man I have a field day holding aggro from him. Yeah yeah I know, aggro is increase, same with his tho, and what I dont understand is, in 4.2 I was the one stealing aggro from the other tank without even taunting I had to stop DPS to let him pick up aggro... Now I have troubles and have to taunt ever 2 seconds with Vigilance.. So if anyone has any help Id highly appreciate it, I looked at the tank guide here and it didn't help. And the tank Im having troubles with is a prot pally, and Im a prot war.Serkoid8 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Need help with a macro So since I'm prot I dont need any stance switched, just want my charge key to turn into intercept when I hold shift. Can I get some help?Hydor7 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 supremeboss ...why yes...yes I am..Supremeboss0 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Prot Warrior Lost Hey guys, After reading around the thread, I decided to work on my warrior again and work towards Prot. I think I fixed some of my gear and I did a couple heroics and I noticed that my healers are always going OOM really quickly. Right now I'm close to exp cap, and I'm close to hit cap, my dodge is like 10% and my parry is like 12%. Am I suppose to reforge differently? I know I don't have the best gear but I really don't know what to do. I feel if I stack stam that I'll make the healers go OOM even faster. What am I doing wrong? Where did I mess up?Jdenx2 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Arms DPS So I recently switched to arms and I normally do around 27-28k avg in DS. So I ran SimCraft for the first time based on my current stats and it says I should be doing about 37k! I am not fail at my warrior and I know the rotations and cooldowns and everything like that, is SimCraft unrealistic for DS fights or am I missing something. With my current gear, what kind of DPS should I be doing?Rendoras3 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Not Another Fury Rage Thread, But "Why?" This isn't an "OMG FIX FURY" thread, it's just a "Why should I spec as Fury now?" thread. I'm on an RP server and I was looking forward to Titan's Grip with RPing. Now that I'm level 30, people have been telling me to go Arms because it's better than Fury in every way possible. Honestly, how bad -is- Fury, and when does it start to really become a problem? Tl;dr: At what level does Fury start to suck, and how bad?Takash5 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Attention all PvP Warriors. U is kind, U is smart, U is important. That is all.Recàro7 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 can you use 2 trinkets at once (damage) just asking i wana see if its worth staying human, if i can use 2 damage type trinkets say the pvp one thats gives str, and forget it name but stacks 5 times then you get a crap load of crit when you use it at the same time, if you cant i think staying human might be a waste seeing i would use a pvp trinket instead and swap race to say dwarf or something for there bleeds racial thanks for the help Gefroren9 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Prot PVP. When to blow CDs. I am using the addon Weakauras and am trying to set up warnings to watch when enemies blow their offensive CDs. Basically what I am looking for is a list of each class/spec's most dangerous CDs to warn me when to mabey use shield wall ect. For example when a warrior uses Recklessness or Deadly Calm I will be notified. Any ideas or any addons that already do this?Balgar17 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 @Sunday Yeah, Bloodybath, your streak ends hereOvyrload76 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Warrior Blog - H Spine Burst DPS I just started a warrior blog and I wanted to share the link here with you guys :) I know the nerfs are making this easier, but today's topic is Burst DPS for Heroic Spine of Deathwing: http://xenokwarrior.blogspot.com/ I made a video that goes over reforges, spec, gearing, and macros for increasing your ~18 second burst DPS. I also show you how to use the in-game stopwatch and a macro to easily benchmark yourself and even test different weapon combos.Xènok0 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Heroic Strike vs Slam? Why do most arms warrior dps guides recommend you to use heroic strike and not slam?Tonytime12 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Stop complaining about how Warrior is horrible at PvP. We have been whining for over a year now and Blizzard still ignored it, so we should stop. Plus they never read these forums anyway, especially Warrior's forum See you guys in MoP, gonna play some LoL and SC in the mean timeBurizar17 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 70 Tank Questions I just recently came back to the warrior class & hadnt tanked since BC. Im curious as to the amount of Defense,Dodge,Block,Parry, etc that I should have to tank BC raids ? I know I need a couple more items, & currently Im working on that. Should I start stacking stam at this point ? Also what are the best glyphs. Thank you in advance. Private SnowflakeSnowflâke9 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 27, 2012 Did anyone love the old days of bleed damage? In pvp I used to love putting rend on everyone I could see, when we had the increased damage to rend back in burning crusade I believe. Even if I died fighting the opposite faction I would make sure to leave them with a rend applied, not release my spirit and watch them begin to leave only to die from bleed damage. I realize feral cats are the bleed class, but wouldt it be nice if warriors bleeds were more powerful? We use weapons and only cause physical damage, we use a myriad of weapons and our attacks should somehow cause bleeding in some way or form, it's not like we turn our swords sideways so they don't cut but instead slap people. Yes we have rend and deep wounds and a debuff that increases bleed damage by 30%, but our bleeds are weak to start with that 30% isn't a giant boost. I would like to run into the battlefield cause damage that lasts, cuts them up and while my normal attacks do their role my bleeds take chunks from their health. Maybe we don't need an increase in bleed damage, but maybe instead they should have a longer duration? Opinions anyone?Cedrona5 Feb 27, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 www.arenastats.com www.arenastats.com warriors 5% representation in the 2k/2.2k bracket range 2% in 2400 and 1% in 2600+ bracket. Anyone see a problem with this? I would love to hear your feedback.Stillmatic17 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Warrior stance dancing macros Hi fellow warriors. Hit 85 a few days ago and am trying to be all I can be. In looking at the Arms guide stickied I found some macros that I'm trying to use but have questions about. If I use the Mortal Strike macro while I'm in Battle Stance: #showtooltip mortal strike /cast berserker stance /cast mortal strike It works on one click. Switches to Zerk Stance and swings all in one click. If I use the Overpower macro while I'm in Berserker Stance: #showtooltip Overpower /cast battle stance /cast Overpower I have to click the button twice. Once to switch to Battle Stance, and then once to swing. That seems like a waste of a GCD. Is there a way around this behavior so that I can just click once to put me in Battle and swing Overpower at the same time like it does for Mortal Strike? If not, I don't see the real benefit in stance dancing. If it's just a minor dps increase I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. Thanks for any feedback.Flybynight7 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 pvp warriors blow why? Will warriors ever get balanced out so we can be good in pvp again? Can we get back the mace stun plsDeekrammbone1 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 4.3 Warrior guide (NOT MADE BY ME!) http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/218265-43-warrior-guide/Katos0 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Charge not working when RoV pillars are down I'm wondering if this bug ever plans on being fixed or if there has been any blue posts about this... If anyone doesn't know, players standing on top of the big pillars near the starting area of Ring of Valor when they are completely down are considered 'not in line of sight' and therefor as a warrior you cannot charge any target on top of that circle that the pillar would be. I think charge doesn't work if players stand on the small pillars when they are down as well. I'm wondering why this has been an issue for a pretty long time now considering this is a big issue for any warrior playing arena at the moment...Swayyz27 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Hello, My furnace face. Do you like it? I can cook you decadent foods on my mandible spikes while I smash your enemies. It can warm you in the freezing temperatures of Northrend as well. Please, any further ideas of what my furnace face can do for you I'd like to hear them :)Jamochajack3 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 i need help hi im wondering which spec i shud lvl up withCraulix4 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Is it possible to make a macro that... Is it possible to make a macro that makes Heroic Strike only light up when your rage is 60+? Thanks!Catatafish5 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 You know it's gonna happen at some point... With the new "War Banner" ability. Put the banner on the Warriors back. That is just so Warriory thinking about it, put an influential banner on your back inspiring your companions, while you charge head first into battle... /beardflexThorhammer7 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 I... want to try the warrior. After reading through 10 pages of "it's game over man" threads on the forum, I decided to make a warrior. I'm not one of those "glad or gtfo" players, nor will I ever be, so instead of finishing this mage, or making a death knight or a rogue I decided to make a warrior. Even after seeing a very low warrior representation in high end arena, knowing I will never be on the same level as a rogue's CC, I decided to make a warrior. I want to see what all the negative fuss is about. I want something to do with my plate heirlooms, so I decided to level a warrior.Bombed7 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Fury Warrior PvP - Raging Blow Fury warriors need an enrage up for Raging Blow, and when Enrage doesn't proc, it hurts our damage, meaning we need to use berserker rage to "activate" it. Why not make it so that the enrage in our spec is Triggered by a % chance, going up by 7% each point up to 20%, and taking raging blows requirement for an enrage off.Twînksrus6 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Warriors aren't that bad, really. I have two warriors. A lv85 Tauren with crap gear, and this one... with crap gear. Of all the times I get my butt handed to me in a battleground is my own fault. Don't dart into a mob of enemy toons that snare, dizzy, and pummel you. When I'm tanking in dungeons, it's pretty much aggro, rend, thunderclap, and cleave. Devastate on the bigger enemies and bosses. Make sure your healer has mana and that the rest of the group doesn't get caught in the crossfire. I *really* don't find playing a warrior to be difficult. I see so many complaints that it just boggles the mind. But in all out honesty, most of the problems I have with warriors are minimal, and I just need more practise. All in all, I like my warrior.Sharvip9 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Mages and warriors slowed/snared constantly.. You know, I have a 85 frost mage, he's fully geared, and I don't see how their OP. That was my thought 2 months ago before I quit WoW. I come back now and decided to start playing my warrior again. My GOD was I wrong. I have never experienced so much frustration in a BG and in RBGs in my entire life in playing WoW for 5 years. I have NEVER had this much anger towards 1 Class. I used think mages were fine because I played a holy paladin and just dispelled before shatter. But after having 2 mages kite me for a good 6 minutes. Yes 6 minutes, I got sick of it and left the BG. Here's what happened. I join a BG, it's Strands. Sweet, went 4/5 tonight so far. So I'm stoked. After we fail to cap the relic I am a little frustrated that fresh 85 was convincing people to abandon demos and rush in and plant bombs (looks for gun). So next round, I expect to destroy at least 1 demo and a half. O boy was I wrong. 2 mages from the same server thought it would be funny, to NUKE me down to about 5k hp, then poly me to full health and do it all over again. 5 Things wrong with mages. 1. Frost Armor - The most over powered thing I have ever experienced in my life....slows my speed from 100% run speed to 40%. LOL? Slows attacks peed by 20% L O L?!?! 2. Mage snares - They have, Cone of Cold, Frost Nova, Armor Snare if FN off CD (auto), Pet AoE snare...3 Shatters for 20k each anyone?? Get out a fork and knife because you're eating healthy tonight. 3. Cold Snap - The second most over powered frost mage ability. Trinket a deep freeze, mages will sometimes colds snap to another deep freeze. Now tell me, does ANY CLASS have a reset to use their nuke ability? When us warriors pop Blood Fury, Trinket, + Recklessness, then pop colossus smash + slam/MS/overpower spam. We dish out a LOT of damage. Usually around 50-60k depending on the class. But you see a warrior or rogue disarming you and it's crap. On mages, I have no chance to use any cool down... 4. Shatter - Any mage can get shatter, I've experienced a fire mage kite me so much and annoy me so much that I trinket-ed her blast wave just to land a kill. Made her Cauterize proc, she ice blocks (kind of an exploit if you ask me). I shattering throw bla bla, now my blade storm is on CD I know this, I have 11 seconds left, well she cone of colds me, and gets instant fireball crits + living bomb. She then frost novas me, hits Combustion and my snare doesn't break *troll face* I die instantly from the amount of crits.. 5. Ice Block - Now a lot of you are saying "Shattering throw" well if it's on CD what do I do? Focus the healer? Doesn't work then what? Frost mage back up to full hp with full snares again. Conclusion, warriors need a serious re-work badly. I can't kill resto shamans, that's expected, paladins are a pain with instant Word of Glory crits at 30% hp (what a joke). Feral druids are just lols worthy. Can't even scratch them, the minute they see a warrior they bear form after putting kitty dots on us. So that's gg for them. I just don't understand what Blizzard was thinking when they took away sword and board, giving intercept a CD, and increasing spell reflects cool down. Before they did all of that, I think warriors were fine. You use to be able to intervene your healer, and put up spell reflect back to back to relieve pressure. Thought's about changes, I believe warriors need to have heroic leap changed, it is the most useless ability, yeah I can get close to any class that can kite me, doesn't do good. They know I'm going to use it, they know they're going to blink, port, disengage, snare + shapeshift to run away. I mean, has Blizzard really not helped warriors at all this whole expansion? Before the Colossus smash nerf, warriors used to beat Ret and Holy Paladins. Now we can't....I disarm a ret paladin during wings and leap away, before I do that I hamstring root him...he freedoms and judgements me to get 40% increased run speed. Like really? They get that but we get a 14 second charge? Broken. Nuffsaid. Another thing that bothers me is how every warrior uses bladestorm as a freedom because it doesn't do near enough damage as expected. Warriors and rogues disarm us.....it's like....................................................................rage.Bedevil0 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Warriors live in last expansions. PvP Issues. I've been stuck around 2000-2090 in 3's for a while on my warrior. The two main issues I have as of current content is... 1. Shield Wall *requires shields (40% Dmg Reduction for 12 Seconds)- Which makes me completely useless while I'm defensive because all I have swinging is a one-hander... Note: Blizzard is adding in MoP that it no longer requires a Sword and Board, but Note We need that now. Not next expansion which everyone else is getting a lot more added abilities. This goes to be saying Warrior's are always a last expansion class! 2. Spell Reflection *requies shields (25 Sec CD 15 Rage Raises Shield for 5 seconds to reflect the next spell)...Like Really? it used to be 10 sec CD.. Note: MoP Changes *Spell Reflection no longer requires shields* Which is nice but as I said before which is needed in current content. Once again I'm a last expansion class. On a positive though Mass Spell Reflection is going to be a very pro used move. Oh should I have said that? It'll get nerfed now. Now I'd like to talk about MoP changes to a warrior... Let's chat a little on the first Tier of changes for warrior's in talents. Which all Effect one move Charge(Deadzone of 8-25 Yd's Charges and enemy generates 15 rage, and stuns it for 1.50 sec on a 12 Sec CD) Charge is what a warrior is all about. Although when the simplest way to fix Charging as a warrior would be change Juggernaut(arms) to more like Warbringer(Prot) which would allow warriors to intervene out of snares to our healers, and have an extra 30 Sec CD Charge(Intercept) which would make T6 (Stormbolt) Actually Viable then. You can chose from 1-3 Talents Atm In your second Teir which is Second Wind(SW), Enraged Regeneration(ER), Impending Victory(IV)*Replaces Victory Rush*. SW currently reads when struck with Stun or Immobilize we generate 20 Rage and 6% health over 10 seconds. Which isn't fairly effective if you are chain root's by a mage. I have to play it very pro to 1v1 a mage. In MoP SW reads the same for rage gain except when you take any form of dmg you have a 10% chance to regen 10% health over 10 seconds. ER currently reads Regen 36% total health over 10 seconds 3 min CD. Only used while enraged and can't proc any enraged effects. So That takes away Charge *Juggernaut* proc mortal strike crits into 10% more Physical dmg with *Wrecking Crew*. ER in MoP reads Can be used while stunned now Instantly gives 15% max health and 15% over 15 and can only be used while Enraged 2 Min CD. Warrior CD's for survivability is way too long... and too poopy, because of the down sides of using them atm. IV which is currently victory rush is ONLY useable after a experience of honorable kill. Grants 24% maximum health. IV in MoP 30 Second CD gives 10% maximum health back. With a 25% healing debuff mise well just say 7.5%. That is going to be three of the warriors heals in MoP... Currently we have a talent called Blood Craze which is 10% to Regen 3% Health over 5 Seconds(Wow so good blizz),but it's getting smushed with SW in MoP and buffed a little. At the moment though it's not like Warrior's can spec into Blood Craze, because we need those special off talents to get Gag Order - for healer silence and ranged silence. Which is Only a FEW of the warriors heals atm... Which more are needed for survivability because compared to every other class my healing is a Piece of Sh*t. Ret pally, enhance shammy, which are two classes that can throw ridiculous off heal's and still have better utility than my warrior. Hint..Why do you think triple dps with a ret is so good?... On to Tier 3!.... Staggering Shout(SS) 40 Sec CD - causes all enemies that are snared within 20 yds to become rooted for 5 seconds Piercing howl(PH) 10 Rage cost - Causes all enemies within 20 yards to be slowed by 50% for....6 seconds. Disrupting Shout(DS) 40 sec CD - Interrupts all spell casting within 10 yds and prevents schools from that tree for 4 Seconds. Let's talk about these 3. Piercing howl Directly affects the ability Staggering shout... How stupid is that so it's up to your team member to snare someone then you use your ability? So we mise well get DS because 10 yards is amazingly awesome right?.. Yeah thought so it's not like TSG versus Mage, Lock, Shaman is hard for TSG. *Sarcasm* Do I need to say more about Tier 3?Scv4 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Do warriors use Slam in PvP? I did search this question but it seemed kind of out dated. Is slam worth using at all in PvP? I have been using slam myself only when I use deadly calm and my logic is that it provides huge burst damage when I do 3 attacks at once but from a damage stand point would it be better to be using heroic strike overpower/ms/collosal? Anybody else use it? Reasoning for using it or not using it?Nobleman5 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 Grand Marshalls plate set for xmog I was a little surprised to see the area 52 vendors items were still locked. I was under the impression that this set would be available for purchase and xmog. Perhaps I am mistaken and it currently is. My rogue made it to "Warlord" before they abolished the system, and i suppose he would be available to purchase the armor set (too bad rogue version sucks) but very few people ever managed even that. I had a friend and myself playing night and day to push for high warlord. I think, perhaps, the feat should be account wide. Anyone else seem to agree?Knocknboots2 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 26, 2012 leveling a new warrior, heirloom question.. okay so im gunna level a new warrior with a friend and was wondering what heirloom weapons i should use? i plan to go fury btw (unless fury just sucks leveling with).Killuminati3 Feb 26, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 PvP: Slam Spec Vs. Incite Spec Which is better and why?Kénji7 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 rate me please! I was running through well of eternity with 2 of my friends, one as healer and one as dps. The healer was saying i was really squishy, but i'm pretty sure i'm doing everything right. However, if you could look through my armory < and tell me any changes/mistakes i would really appreciate it! Also my dps friend kept pulling aggro off me, which has never happened before. Even with 30k dps in there sometimes. He was playing frost dk. My rotation is rend, TC, cleave, cleave, revenge and TC whenever its off cd, and shield block/shield slam whenever SaB procs.Obouldawsme2 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Why... is Recklessness, Shield Wall, and Retaliation on a five minute cooldown? I'm being serious when I ask this.Rukar3 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Sooo, I'm asking another trinket question.. I don't bother with those simulator things, I just go by what I can see with recount when I hit the dummy, and when fighting bosses. These are the item level appropriate I use currently: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/68972 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/72899 I have access to the above, Hyjal chance on hit, crit + strength, and the Valor skull trinket. I seem to have good luck with Opportunity strikes, it's always one of the top damage dealers, hence the use. And because I can't seem to use the Apparatus, and the Skull together. Basically, what should I be using? Apparatus and Skull would seem to be the best two, but they can't be used together, and put one on a 30 second cooldown. Mastery seems like a really under-rated stat for Arms, but what do you guys think? Thorhammer2 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Things you wish you could still do.. On your Warrior, here are some of what I loved that are now gone.. Obviously Arms no longer having Intercept really took away something the class had since vanilla, and made us unique. You used to have to be very aware, and know when to swap to shield and get off that key spell reflect (not all that relevant anymore, so much CC and long CD) focus Intercept a healer, give him a just long enough of a stun for the healer to be cc'd, allowing you to charge back onto your main target and bladestorm him to death (without it being disarmed). That rogue getting the upper hand on you? Sword and board, pop shield block, and Revenge his !@#, mitigate a lot of his damage, and turn the tide in your favor. Not just rogues, but this was true for many other classes. I remember when Shadow Priests were like Frost Mages today, as soon as shadow fiend came out, zerkerstance, reck, defensive stance, shield block, piercing howl the priest, and dish out tons of damage with Revenge while still being able to shield bash a spell, or reflect something. Just being useful when you have to use a defensive ability in general.. Focus/normal overpower an attack or heal, nuking it by 50%, might make a big crit heal, or damage spell not kill, or prevent too much healing. Warrior now and forever, but I really hate some of the things they have done with the class.Thorhammer5 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 War banners Does anyone know if they are usable in arenas? I am highly doubting such and for all I know they have already announced it will not be. Anyone know though? Tbh, if we can't warriors will be bland imho.Tanksmoker2 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 WARRIOR PRIDE! Ive played a warrior for years now i love this class even through the nerfs and QQ we get. I dedicate this to you fellow masters of death! /salute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tida-hyDxXEDaysan1 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 warriors dont look to good in mop I cant see us getting any better looking at all the other classes cool stuff, we dont even have throwdown anymore i actully think this class is beyond dead which is why its time to roll a death knight.Rageality18 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Being smashed. How come i'm being globaled by hunters, am i just really bad?Talrex6 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 No more rage from damage taken in MoP? I've heard conflicting things about this. Can someone confirm or deny?Cethern9 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 How to Mitigate More Damage - Advice I am tanking as a casual trying to clear DS 2 nights a week because my time on wow is capped at 8 hours (have family and rl to take care of) and hopefully will get some Heroic DS done before the next expansion. I have been reading on the forums how Prot warriors should aim for 102.4% - but wanted to ask for advice to see how my setup looks so far. I have been doing LFR and because I lose rolls to other classes and the other tank, I have not been able to get better trinkets. Any advice on rotations and being a better tank? Shifting from Parry to Dodge. I'd like to hear what expert tanks have to say. The following is my toon: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lothar/Ragetank/simpleRagetank14 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 H-Ultrax 10 man advice from other warriors! Ok simple need feedback from other warriors as to how to improve my tanking ablilities for H-Ultrax 10 man. Group comp ___________ Prot Pally Prot warrior (me) ____________ Healers- R.Druid H.Pally D.Preist(Make go shadow on the fight needs more shadow gear 25-27k) ___________ Dps- DW F DK Rogue Destro lock for HT Arcane mage (trying to swing him for fire) Enhance shaman _____________ Hour of twlight soakers 1st-H.Pally/P.pally 2nd- Prot warrior/Destro lock 3rd- Rouge/S.Preist ____________________ Last night a 5% wipe never got any closer last night. So im wondering if there is anything i can do as the tank to improve to help the raid overall. Ive changed up my spec for more Single target dps threat. Threat not a issue, but just increaseing dps. Ive improved my dps by at least 3-4k so the tanks combined make around 25-27k dps. Everyone else runs above 30k except our Preist since not enough shadow gear still. I make sure to keep up Demo and TC on boss and i Inntervene the other tank for the 15% reduced dmg when im not tanking ultrax. I am wondering if there is a way i can time my Raid SW so that the raid can get some benefit besides me having it when i need it. since its a strict 1 min cd with the buff mechanics of the fight. I am trying to time down each HT and the timing to line up with about a 1-3 second window to activate the SW for me and plus others. I am also using rally cry often with SB. Trinket with Sb= to about 113.??% Block value. 83.??% when there not lined up together. Any advice will help. (Further note- I will be going back trying to farm for H trinket off Beth and farming for crystal to upgrade neck for the mastery in the next few weeks for better mastery.)Phòenix16 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Got a few questions So i wanted to know how much dps i should be doing on avg with my gear Also during execute phases should i just spam execute and use CS on cd or use BT/RB?Bladefisst0 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 New Ability: War Banner? For those that didn't know, The Warrior Talent Calculator was updated a few days ago and it shows our new MoP +85 ability now as well as its explination. War Banner. throw a banner with in 30 yards. you can choose one of 3 banners. Each banner has a 30 yard area of effect and last 15/30 seconds. Mocking (basically Challenging shout) 30s Demoralizing (basically Demoralizing Shout) 15s Skull (basicly Rampage aura buff) 15s I personally dislike this new ability. All i see coming from this is seeing a mass of Skull banners being thrown about and cluttering up the fight... And in all honosty, when did we become Shamans? throw down totems which buff allies or debuff enemies? But how do you other warriors feel on this new ability?Ager49 Feb 25, 2012
Feb 25, 2012 Charge / Throwdown macro? Anyone think it would make sence to make a macro as simple as /cast Charge /cast Throwdown If I am in melee range I would throwdown, if I am out of range it will charge? Anyone see any drawbacks or flaws?Balgar0 Feb 25, 2012