Warrior

Apr 12, 2012 MoP Talent Change Ideas I've been bouncing around a bunch of ideas how to make warrior talents more interesting while improving arms in PvP and helping to promote a more fluid PvE experience for all specs. Class Changes Shield wall is now protection only and the damage reduction has been increased to 60%. Arms/fury instead get "Tense up (PH): Tense up your muscles numbing pain taking 40% reduced damage from all sources, making you impervious to knockbacks/knockdowns. 12 second duration. 3 minute cooldown." Die by the Sword is now a 1 minute cool down. Seasoned Soldier and Crazed Berskerer specializations now provide baseline 20% critical strike. All shout abilities are now off the global cooldown. Recklessness and retaliation cooldown reduced to 3 minutes. No longer increases damage taken.Talent Changes Tier 1: Charge baseline 35 yard max range 16 second cool down Juggernaut: stay the same Double time: stay the same Warbringer: *changed* no longer knocks your target down. Instead makes you immune to roots and snares for 2 seconds after charging.Tier 2: impending victory is now a glyph and second wind are now baseline. Enraged regeneration: *renamed* Field Dressing: Use your military medical prowess to heal instantly for 15% and another 15% over 6 seconds. One minute cooldown. Can be used while not in control of your character and does not trigger the global cooldown. Rallying Shout: Shout, rallying your allies for a last stand instantly healing yourself and them for 15% of maximum HP and increasing maximum HP by 15% for 6 seconds. 2 minute cooldown. *New* Undying Rage: As long as you have greater than 20 rage you cannot be brought below 1 hp. 10 second duration. 2 minute cooldown.Tier 3: Piercing Howl is now baseline and has a 1 second global cooldown. Hamstring removed. Staggering Shout: Instantly root all enemies in a 20 yard radius. 30 second cool down. Terrifying Shout: Your intimidating shout now causes your target to run in terror (death coil effect) and are snared. Increases targets by 2. Disrupting Shout: Interrupts all enemy spell casts for 4 seconds and silences them for 2 seconds. 40 second cool down.Tier 4: Stormbolt: Send an empowered mace towards the target dealing 300% weapon damage which ignores all armor and stuns the target for 6 seconds. 30 second cooldown. Shockwave: Send a wave of force through the ground dealing 110% AP as damage and stunning all targets in a cone for 3 seconds. 17 second cooldown. Dragon Shout: Force. Force Unleashed. Shout and let your voice shake the heavens knocking back and knocking down all targets in a 15 yard radius and 250% AP damage to all targets. 60 second cool down.Tier 5: Mass spell reflection is now a glyph. Safeguard is now baseline. Vigilance is now protection only. Endless Rage: Passive- increases your maximum rage by 20. While you are above 70 rage your attacks generate 50% of normal rage but deal 5% more damage. Deadly Calm: While active your attacks generate rage at 50% the normal rate but no longer cost rage. 10 second duration. 30 second cool down. Blood Bath: Your bleed effects generate rage for the duration at 5 rage per tick. 12 second duration. 30 second cool down.Tier 6: Avatar: cooldown reduced to 1 minute. Duration reduced to 15 seconds. Improved rage generation decreased to 25% extra rage generated. Bladestorm: You become a whirling wind of steel dealing 275% weapon damage every second for the next 6 seconds. You cannot be stopped unless killed (no more disarming bladestorm) *NEW* Dreadnaught: Passive-your damage at all times is increased by 5% and the duration of roots, snares and all abilities that cause loss of control of your character are reduced by 20%. Passive- for each 10% health that you lose, you gain 1% more damage and 5% greater reduction to crowd control effects, roots and snares.Glyph Changes: I'll think of something. Let me know what you guys think and add your own ideas. I know some things might seem overpowered but when considered against what other classes are getting this only leaves us balanced instead of horrible by comparison since the latter is the current state of warriors in beta.Flaks3 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Fury Warrior PvP a good choice? FINALLY HIT LEVEL 85! sorry but I had to get that off my chest... I don't play that often (about once a week) and I just got tired of the grind to get to 85... but now that I'm here, I wanted to do some PvPing and I just wanted to know if my build is good enough to be dominate in an arena or some battlegrounds... any advice would be greatly appreciated!! I need help with the following: Macros Talent tree/glyph adjustments Strategies against pallys because they always destroy me Any other advice that you feel would help me I'm also looking to get some arena teams going so let me know if you're interested: 2v2 - The Mario Brothers | 3v3 - La Li Lu Le Lo | 5v5 - The MyrmidonsGruurk4 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Backbreaker Spaulders or 4 Piece Bonus? Finally got the 397 tier helm tonight which would have given me the 4 piece bonus but right after that I got 403 Backbreaker Spaulders. So what would I benefit most from... Backbreaker Spaulders stat increase or 4 piece bonus? Backbreaker Spaulders with epic gems gives me the following stat increases: +51 Armor +61 Strength +31 Stamina +2 Critical Strike +225 Mastery 4 Piece Bonus Mortal strike has 13% chance to apply colossus smash effect on your target for 6 seconds.Cabbagemoon11 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 PvE Arms warrior race choice This is for horde. I'm leaning towards Orc or possibly Goblin. Thoughts?Jiigigaw4 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Hc Spine Kill (Blood Tank PoV) Hey warrior community, I have noticed that a fair amount of threads arise regarding heroic spine, specifically the blood tanking. While this isn't a tutorial video or anything, I thought I would just provide a video I made of me tanking the bloods on one of our kills to display one of the many strats and how I handle the bloods on the 10 man version of the encounter. This is my first attempt at making a video so I hope anyone who's interested in watching enjoys! Feedback welcome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwJTqv6lEuM&context=C44c4103ADvjVQa1PpcFPQgvDmelTOR-Fd3sjep3Vbc1T3w6UAP7g=Strobe7 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Fus Ro Dah! MOP beta style =D I finally got in Beta and decided to have alittle fun with the new talent: Dragon Roar 1 min cooldown Roar ferociously, causing 200 damage to all enemies within 10 yards, knocking them back and knocking them down for 5 sec. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-mKFbP3XHIHøck9 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 @Wednesday Well, 6/8H and another lootless week. :(Rush161 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 FUS RO DAH Dragon Roar has been put in the same talent branch with bladestorm and shockwave. Now it has a knockback effect (like typhoon or shammys thunder) as well as throwdown effect. Super OP but the only bad thing is, now we cant get bladestorm or shockwave :( well played Blizz, well played.Panzer2 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Help Killing a Frost Mage They blink out of charge. Why can't a warrior charge out of a stun? They freeze you in place. The only way out of it is a trinket and they can do it twice. They can iceblock every 30 seconds yet my shattering throw is 5 f'in minutes. This equals total massacre. A frost mage with no pvp gear can kill me. Da F#*k. don't tell me I suck especially you frost mages. i'm sure all melee classes feel this way. Time to roll an unholy dk because the warrior in MoP is sure going to suck.Nightsurgeon23 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 "Tough times don't last. Tough people do." We're not pansies that reroll to 'flavor of the month' classes. We don't quit when we're fighting an uphill battle. We don't die without giving our enemies one hell of a fight. We're called WARRIORS for a reason, my brothers (and occasional sisters). Stay strong warriors. Our time will come.Maximumpain21 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Anyone tried Warriors out in the MoP beta? Hey guys, working out my main for Mists and its up between the DK (Yes, I know) and the Warrior. Now I love Warriors, but I also love DK's, and since I'm still waiting on my beta invite due to being in the Annual Pass program... Has anyone tried Warriors? This isn't supposed to be a flavor of the month debate or anything, just to see how Warriors are in PvP and PvE. :) Thanks guysSerpantes3 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Bliz: Thank you for prot reckstorm I'm not even 85 and I'm salivating. This makes warrior tanking even more fun.Halliday2 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Warriors no longer able to crit in MoP GG?Creepindethh20 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 2v2 advice Hi all, I've recently dabbled a little into the arena and our group pretty much gets stomped into the ground. We initially tried arms + feral but have had more success with prot + feral though this is in the very low ratings. Ultimately though I want to be able to pvp better as arms. Here are some of my observations: - As arms I get trained and killed off very quickly. I do pop CDs like shield wall, rallying cry and enraged regen when I drop below 50%, which actually happens really really quickly. As prot if I get trained I'm able to tank much longer, allowing my feral partner to go to town and most of our wins have happened where I get trained since he's stealthed in the opener. - We get killed by pretty much any healer/dps combination. CC is a problem for us. Other than intimidating shout, what else can I do? Charge/throwdown then back to the train target? What if they're far apart? By the time I get back on target it seems mostly wasted. My current talent specs are all pve though the prot is what I used in our arenas. I rotate that with a pvp 35/6/0 arms spec. My pvp gear is mostly ruthless with a couple cata pieces and I use the RF Gurth as my 2 hander.Qaldiv7 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Reroll from Rogue was best choice ever. Sure, we pretty much suck in pvp compared to them. But you know, the whole "fun factor" thing...warriors sure got Rogue's beat. and I'm not even 85 yet. I used to be a ret back in BC, when Ret was completely useless, and everyone hated on Ret's. I know what it's like to be the underdog. Which just makes it 10x more satisfying when you own it up. (:Jastiper29 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 gag order arms pvp Anyone else running this build. Sh!ts mad fun yo.Ravenbeer13 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 arms pve looking to do more dps Currently I'm in all regular DS BiS for arms(you can check my armory) i've got some epic gems in there as well, think im missing about 6 bold queens or so. My ring from FL rep for me is still my BiS since it gets me to 8.01 hit and crit. So i want to know what are my limitations for damage? Just yesterday on heroic ultraxion, i did anywhere from 33-35k depending on gurth procs. This was without a might buff though and I was part of the roration staying in for a hour. Im looking for ways to max my dps unless this is as high as i can go in this gear. ill make a list of what i've been doing on this fight pre-pot at about 0.3 secs before ultra lands combining my DC with my troll racial(20% lust) with my trink crit proc using reck right after the trink proc vanishes keeping cs up as much as i can(usually pair it with overpowers for guarnteed high hit) rotation rend->Mort>CS>OP>Slam (question: durring dc should i spam cs/ms/hs/slam and ignore op since it is kind of wasting the no rage cd with only a cost of 5 rage) execution phase LTTS>MS>CS>Execute(use ms because 4set) I'm looking to do more dps and right now im pushing out everything I've got and I'm curious if it might be a rotation issure, cd management, or just gearConditioner4 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Arms PvP Warrior needs some spec advice ! Hello all, I am kind of new to PvP and was looking for a little advice . First of all , could anyone take a look at my spec and tell me if its best suited for pvp ? Stats wise I am following the Strength > Resilience > 5% Melee Hit > Crit > Mastery > Haste > Expertise stat weight flow. I got it from www.noxxic.com . So far that sites advice has served me well in PvE as in most LFR runs I am always in the top 5 dps etc. The addons I use are bartender 4 and skadda ( a recount alt) I was thinking of adding GladiatorLOSA , but I still on the fence on that one. I also mess around with Power Auras Classic. So far, I mostly been doin bg's and 2's pick ups to cap CQ. Any advice for a budding Arms Warrior pvp'er? Besides changing classes ? lolThanks in advance all AurgusAurgus0 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Human or Orc? As far as PvE and PvP go, which race would be more useful as an Arms Warrior? Human or Orc? I like both as much as the other, visually, so I'd be fine rolling either one.Snowbáll12 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 MoP aka warrior nerf bat Is there any positive in MoP for warriors? All I've been hearing from other warriors that are the boss for the class and have been playing one since day 1 of WoW are to find another class you like and reroll. Are they really screwing us over that bad again?Crasswarior38 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Sharing my pvp playlist Hey guys I was bored this morning so I made myself a PVP playlist and wanted to share it Its songs I like in a random order to not get sick of always listenning to the same beats with a song from monty python thrown in the mix to make me feel better if im getting farmed at the graveyard If you have any suggestion feel free to leave a comment :) FYI: I can't stand listenning to puke on your shoes metal unless its REALLY good, so there is none of it in the playlist Here is the link to it: http://www.playlist.com/playlist/21057024523Triandra16 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 why the hate i play a fury pvp warrior and it feels like eveyone hates fury for pvp am almost full cata and i was never carried i all so raid in the same spec so why the hate?Yvll16 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 1h/shield macro help anyone know macro to this?Kckc3 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Dragon roar update Just update that dragon roar now deals 180 damage, down from 200 damage. Dragon Roar is always a critical strike. I think its fair trade minor nerf with 100% crit. http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/281/2/a/me_gusta_by_megustaplz-d30cns2.jpgGhaghzull19 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Arms Warrior Macro help Hey guys I'm trying to build a macro for my warrior for this rotation. After my hamstring>rend opener. "Overpower, Mortal Strike, Slam, Heroic Strike". I wanted to put a modifier on it to include slam when need or rend, but then it doesn't work. Can anyone give me advice on how to build this. And if there is other macros that would be useful for me would be appreciated. P.S. I have lvl 69 Warrior with this rotation but has the same problem. Just to avoid any confusion.Rorgenbar15 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 warrior enchanting question I am not experienced with wow yet so please understand this (probable) stupid question. I am a fury warrior, can I enchant both my 2h weps with Landslide? If it is possible is it advisable? what would be good enchants for my weps as a pvp fury warrior spec.? I hope im asking the right questions. and yes I heard alot of people say dont be fury. But I enjoy it. Thank you for anyones help.Malychlap6 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Slam in PvP Im new to the warrior class and i'm wondering how to use slam in pvp. i noticed in the guide in the stickies that its a good idea to use. But between MS/CS/OP and keeping on targets (and keeping them slowed) i don't see any place or reason to use it.Trickside5 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 12, 2012 Ignore Thread already hereKranik0 Apr 12, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 《The Final War》 WOW 4.3PVP warrior movie http://youtu.be/_jTeRZNE4nE This movie contains BG, arena, and duel Arena: with Mage, 2v2, 2100+ Duel: Warrior vs Paladin Warrior vs Mage Warrior vs Hunter Addons: LoseControl, ExtraCD, icicle Now, I wanna share with you. Hope you enjoy. Thanks for watching and comments are welcomed. :)Elalasia7 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 How to Heroic leap by HOODRYCH. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7SH8yZx6Vg&feature=g-all-s&context=G2587ba2FAAAAAAAAVAAKajoldevgan0 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 How are Arms Warriors in PvP? Thinking of making a warrior.. :DDaveski32 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Warrior Glyph Idea: Hello, I play a Prot warrior, and I only play Prot. But I would love a Glyph (Major or Minor) that causes Heroic Throw to apply Rend to the target. Reasoning behind the Glyph: When I pull a group, or a boss, I generally use Charge/Heroic Throw/Tazik Shocker at the same time, then Rend, then TC, then Shockwave. So it would be nice to not have to hit rend, wait a GCD then hit TC before the mobs run around willy nilly. This I think would be more useful than Heroic Throw applying a Sunder stack. Just a thought. AliAlistania1 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 To you all I thank you, to all that have answered my little noobie questions over the months. This forum have really helped me shaped, and formed this toon to be what it is today. I might not be the greatest, but I do know that I am not the worst out there.. Anymore. Squirrelnut amazing PvP Guide has helped a great amount for me, examples: enchants, gems, and over all tactics to play a warrior. Stoled the gag order talent tree, which has helped me a lot in arenas to silence them pesky casters, especially the video on how to beat mages.I don't know. :D I just love the warriors community even if we are annoyed at losing at times, and just rage about it. Going to miss you guys when the time comes to end my subscription. D':Quinik41 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Fury War VS Arms War PVE DPS Damage? I heard alot of rumors that arms dps is more damage then fury dps now, so now im confused, so if you take the same gear fury war vs same geared arms warrior, with the same pve boss and buff, as well as the best rotation in each, who would come out with higher dps and why?Cronos52 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Question about warriors (pvp, arena and rated I'm thinking of maining my warrior again, since my 85 mage, 85 rogue, 85 lock are boring me. So, I'm hoping to do TSG in 3s (as arms) and do some rated BG (prot probably). If I do rated BG as prot, is it fine if I'm in full ruthless? I would go cata, but I want to be cata for arena, and the gems/enchants might differ.Brian7 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 First Video Some random bgs and arena. http://youtu.be/j0leYHCvH3kHýde2 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Arms of Fury for PvE Which one is better for DPS in dungeons/raids?Brovahkiin0 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 WTB Arms-Warrior Gearing Knowledge After hitting 85(quest gear), what are my upgrade priorities with my Valor/Justice points. *Granted I already have boots and wrist. Example *While saving up for VP, get JP 2 set bonus--legs and gloves(they are the hardest to replace) *Go for Relic VP first as its only 700, then work your way up to higher costing. *Don't get X because there is a good chance you will get something equivalent or better in LFR. *Do pvp to get the Honor weapon. That should last you until Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps. Not looking for a whole breakdown of everything. Just a few tips, from a few people, on maximizing my dps while I gear up; Here are a few last comments about how I would like to achieve this. 1. Without hardcore PvP-I am not interested in pvp, unless i am doing it to get one item. 2. Without connections to raiding guild. (occasional pugs-and of course as much LFR as possible) Thank you in advance to everyone who posts, I really appreciate your input.Vraal5 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 strand of the ancients so i found my way into this bg, and i caught myself chasing siege tanks without ever being able to hit them , if i cant hit them i cant slow them and if i cant hit them i cant slow them so im just stuck running like an idiot after a too fast tank waiting for someone on my team to use a range slow. got any tips for this warrior?Ravenus3 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 question about fury multitarget rotation. i have seen the rotation, in the thread in this forum for single target damage, but havent seen much here or in other places that mention the rotation for aoe damage or multitarget situations. I ask because, since most people leveling around my level and up have heirlooms, the tanks usually pull larger packs about 4+. should i just do a regular single target rotation, or replace heroic strike with cleave, if i have the rage, when should i use whirlwind, if ever.Húgo1 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 TG or SMF for PvP I plan to do a little messing around in bgs on my warrior (nothing competitive since Fury isn't all that competitive anyway) and was curious as to what other think. I was leaning towards TG simply because I've always done TG, anyone that's done SMF I'd definitely like to hear how it was! For TG the pros I can think of are: -Large heavy hits -Extra stats from 2h's -Looking awesome Cons: -More hit/expertise required -Slow swing times and not too much burst when getting on the target -Rage gen suffers due to the slow swing timers when Flurry isn't active. SMF pros: -More useful secondary stats due to not having to worry about to much extra hit/exp -Faster swings (more burst) -Quick rage generation (but smaller due to 1h's not building much per hit) Cons: -Less primary stats than a 2h -Not the healthpool wrecker TG is when someone isn't shiv/soothe/tranqing you. - 1h's are for tiny baby men.Demoninferni3 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 SMF w/ Souldrinkers Has anyone done testing with this?Neckpie4 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 What is a good rating for 3s? Well I am almost 1550 rating. I know that isn't "good" but is it decent?Çorrupted0 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 @Tuesday Won the blazing drake on my rogue lol >.>Rush197 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Hate the word "never" Most threads I've read repeat the phrase "never gem for +hit". My experience is that "never", actually means "99%" in which case there are, in fact, exceptions. Am I there? I'm a little low on hit atm, and have a blue gem slot open in new gaunts. So question is: do I gem a demonseye with str+hit? Or gem pure str, and reforge out of something else (aka: never gem hit)? Seems an easy case to gem demonseye as I not only will pick up the hit I need, but an extra +10 str in the process from socket bonus. But I'll hear this one out. :^)Brocknor9 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Fury warriors Are fury warriors nerfed? I haven't been doing great dps and I do about 8k more dps in arms.Zurassin3 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 Best professions for prot? Got enchant and alchyGenocideyo3 Apr 11, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Rolling a warrior! So I was considering leveling a warrior during MoP. Is this a good idea? How are warriors atm and will they be far better when MoP comes out?Scopez1 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 Beta Armor Preview for warriors? I've been looking around and Watching MMO-Champion rather closely, but have yet to see the warrior "Challenge" mode armor. I'm hoping I just missed its preview and its been berried in the forums some where. If you can assist please do so or if I'm jumping the gun on this, then my bad.Ichino2 Apr 10, 2012
Apr 10, 2012 How much dps should I be pulling? Tittle pretty much says it all. I feel like my dps is low for my gear. I'm pretty sure I have the rotation down but I'm stuck at 20-23k dps. Is that normal for my gear or am I doing something wrong?Warrpigs4 Apr 10, 2012