Mage

Jan 18, 2017 PvP Mage Macros- Suggestions add your own. I'm interested in sharing what I've got so far, and what else is out there. Not everything I have is originally mine, but most of it I've created myself. Keep in mind I made my mage a few months ago and haven't played much arcane. Original macros have been edited, mostly my own where I've seen the error of my ways, and some have been combined with ideas posted by other players. All credits will be listed. Since this is a thread I created please don't be upset if you post a macro and it is not reflected in the list. Chances are I either somehow missed it or I just don't believe its beneficial, or carries too much risk. Enjoy Pet Macros - Player attacks, Pet attacks player's target,pet defensive ... - Cast Frost bolt, Pet attack player target (on harm), No harm cast Arcane Brilliance ... - Super Polymorph Macro -Lanceløt contribution ... - Pet Freeze, just adds ! to any target area ability ... Miscellaneous Macros! - Makes food while holding shift, consumes food if not ... - Uses Flying Mount if possible, if not uses ground mount. Holding shift uses slowfall ... - Target any of a list of players macro, was useful for tol barad dailies(lower down gives priority) ... - Flame Orb (using cool orb icon, since normal looks like garbage) ... - Rocket Belt (using rocket boot icon from drop-down choice) ... Trinket, Damage, And Utility Macros - Deep Freeze Focus ... - Deep Freeze harm, Arcane explosion vs no harm(stealth) ...- Fire Blast vs harm, molten armor if not(fire spec) ... - Fireblast vs harm, Mage armor if not(other spec) ... - Fire blast Focus (impact) ... - Scorch vs harm, Arcane brilliance if no harm, cancel iceblock ... - Ice barrier has priority over mana shield (will force second mana shield at times) ... - Ring of frost ! ... - Stopcasting->iceblock ... - Cancel iceblock, ice lance ... - Spell steal, cancel aura ... - Damage Cooldowns (no time warp) ... - Damage Cooldowns (time warp) ... - Damage Cooldowns, (Combustion) ... Other User Submitted macros - Counterspell Focus (can't believe I forgot to add this) -Lanceløt ... - Spellsteal focus -Lanceløt ...Mosez188 Jan 18, 2017
Jul 30 [BFA] Mage Resources Starting this now with what I have, will edit and adjust as the expansion goes on. Please try to keep this thread mostly limited to posting sources, threads, streams, etc. that you think are relevant and I will try to curate them as best as I can. So far, not much to go with, but I will do my best to keep on top of this as things develop. If you have specific questions, please continue to use this forum as it is otherwise intended, making threads, posting in discussions, etc. General Mage Info: Hall of the Guardians, the official Mage Discord: https://discord.me/alteredtime Altered Time: http://www.altered-time.com/ Guides: Arcane: Icy Veins: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arcane-mage-pve-dps-guide AT (Quick and dirty pre-patch guide): https://www.altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6916 Fire: https://www.altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6917 https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fire-mage-pve-dps-guide Frost: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/frost-mage-pve-dps-guide Useful Links: https://www.herodamage.com/mage/ -- Extremely useful website for comparing trinkets, traits, talents, you name it. <To Follow> More stuffMageski17 Jul 30
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Mages: Please Read! Welcome to the Mage forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the mage class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
1m Is Frost getting nerfed? Been reading discord chats, forum posts and twitch streams from top mythic+ players about frost being FOTM and likely to get nerfed. Why though? Our single target is pretty middle of the pack and AOE wise, arms has us beat on that. Are we actually targeted for a nerf?Deacar1 1m
2m Multiple Whiteout traits Does anyone know how Whiteout stacks when you've got it on two items? Does the damage stack, does the Frozen Orb cooldown stack from 0.5 seconds to 1 second per, or both? I assume only the damage stacks, but I've seen some odd things from other stacked traits.Hrumn1 2m
5m Frost vs Arcane How are both performing against each other? im 334 ilvl rn and feel like i do crazy dps as frost. I havent ran into an arcane mage i could stack against. Are they both similiar? Does Arcane rely more on the pressure trait to pull ahead? I wanted to give arcane a whirl should i wait for the traits? Final question is the rotation just dump with barrage at 4 stacks, Aoe is just explosion and barrage and single target do I spam blast and ignore missle procs with cds running? IE, 4 charges already- POM/Arcane power and just 1x10000? Also is time anomly ok to run it seems to have a crazy proc rate which is great for dungeons or should i be using overpowered? If someone could put me in the right direction for optimal talents that would be awesome too. Rn i can pull 10-15k as frost ST usually, and obviously aoe is 30k+ burst with comet/nova and orb. Just looking for numbers/viability to mix it upSetbak2 5m
7m Soloing Elites that can't be frozen ? I played too much Hunter. So lets say I'm used to solo ANY world content. And now I'm leveling a Frost Mage. However, at lvl 79 I'm questing in Shadowmoon Valey, Outland, and this zone has loads of huge Elite mobs and Group quests. There are many quests here I simply can't do as Mage, just because those giants can't be frozen/polymorphed/slowed.. nothing. As example, there is a quest you must kill 5 Crazed Colossus, which not only have a huge health pool (talking about 10x normal mobs, not an usual Elite), but also can't be frozen and spawn adds. The result is that they kill my Mirror Images, kill my Elemental, and still have half hp left when they start coming to me. At this point I can't do anything other than resetting with Invisibility. In the end, since I'm used to solo everything with Hunter, I got a little bored with Mage (yet I understand group quests are supposed to require group). TL;DR: Is there a way to Frost Mage solo huge hp Elites that can't be frozen? Maybe a talent, strategy or item (I'm already using Mirror Images)? Already tried Ebonbolt to burst it down quickly at the start, but it's not enough. The hp pool of these group Elites is insane.Darkmor6 7m
32m State of Arcane, any feedback from Blizz? I had to take a break from game due to work and when I left, Arcane in Beta was awful and there were dozens of posts by players pointing out how it was awful. I came back this week and have mage and DK up to 118 so almost capped, and the state of Arcane is ABYSMAL. How is this class design? How was this even approved? My question is has there been any blue feedback on Arcane at all?Iggbee30 32m
41m How long to hold GS w/o Brain Freeze proc Assuming you don't have Splitting Ice talented. There are times I'm at 5 Icicles with no Brain Freeze proc and I'm just sitting there spamming Frostbolt -> Ice Lance waiting and waiting for that proc. Sometimes the RNG is so bad that I will have gone through 5 casts of Frostbolt before finally seeing that proc and I figured that I could've just used the first Glacial Spike anyway. If it gets to that point, is it worth it to just dump it and try again later or is GS build one of those things were no matter what you must wait for the ability to shatter GS.Icedmocha3 41m
1h Wisdom and Arcane How many of you guys ever get BoW in raids? How many of you guys ever gotten mutiple BoWs? Noticeable increase in DPS or no?Øverwatch0 1h
1h Rate That Mage Mog 3 Because 2 got so big we had to put it down.Koadic233 1h
1h Arcane nerf? Arcane not viable in Mythic? I was reading for a while that Arcane would be very viable in mythics and raids in bfa and now I am hearing that they got a silent nerf that mainly gutted them. Can anyone confirm this because I was looking forward to arcane and not playing frost like everyone. ThanksMilkbottle9 1h
2h Arcane mage stealth nerf killed class Well i was half way through leveling my mage before i saw the new sim for mage. Looks like they stealth nerfed arcane and gutted it to the point where it went from top dps to near the tanks. http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T22_Raid.html I think its time to move to my pally now. A pure dps spec is being outperformed by a hybrid dps like druid. Really sad the state of mages now especially arcane.Fasardurun8 2h
2h The Mastery RNG "Please get all this Mastery gear out of my sight. I need Haste." Love, a Frost Mage.Whizzurd2 2h
2h Arcane beating every other spec in Mythics I just wanted to point out that Arcane is very strong in mythics right now. Control your mana and time your evocation properly and you're golden. Stop complaining about Arcane, it's fine.Bastabakker28 2h
2h Is Nether Tempest Good? I’ve seen it mentioned in guides, but the damage from it is abysmal. Is it ever worth taking over reverb in aoe fights?Candelin3 2h
2h Arcane and oom. So I realize it's early, we have crappy gear and we kind of knew this was coming, but Blizzard is it your intent for arcane to be oom every 4-5 mobs questing and have to drink after every pack in a dungeon? Because that's pretty much my experience currently. Damage isn't the issue, but spells costing far too much is. I was sailing until 116, but the grind to 120 without the kilt and knowing this is life from now on is miserable.Tempestwinds60 2h
3h Mages need a NERF! mages are broken at the moment is one of the class that can do a ton of AOE and single target with a lot of utility in a group. Where is the balance of classes in dungeons???Ojoverde47 3h
3h Trouble getting crit as frost? Is anyone else finding a lack of crit gear or is it just me having terrible luck? I just hit 120 but I'm down to 14% crit, how on earth am I supposed to reach the shatter cap with so little crit gear....does it get better? Just wonderingMoondras4 3h
3h Cauterize. Why bother? I don't know if anyone else thinks along the same lines as me here but I find Cauterize to be just an embarrassing way to go. This ability is pretty useless. It isn't really an "escape death" mechanic as much as a "Delay the inevitable and die in a laughable way instead" On a side note the majority of mages utility spells like Ice Block also delay the inevitable. We used to get healed for staying in our Ice Cube but not anymore. We just sit there staring death in the face unless we are using it to get off a nasty dot or to buy some time waiting for cooldowns to come back. I find I usually end up popping Ice Block when my Nitro boost belt fails me and leaks jet fuel on me, but that isn't really a mage problem. Enough of the side note. Cauterize isn't really that good. "Fatal damage instead brings you to 35% health and then burns you for 28% of your maximum health over 6 seconds" That is leaving you with a measly 7% health but here is where the problem lies. If you have been in combat and take fatal damage, your cauterize isn't going to magically make all your troubles go away. You are still in combat with whatever mean ugly brought you to your near death in the first place. That means if you suffer ANY damage at all when trying to run with your Cauterize (Which is really silly but I will get to that in a moment) Any damage at all, because let me tell you 7% is NOT much, you are basically screwed. You can stop running, sit down and kiss your butt goodbye because unless a healer is glued to it or you waste your iceblock to save you from dying from your "escape death" ability you are just dead. Accept it, No sense running away to die, just go down with grace. Because we fire mages are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to fire and how it burns. So SETTING YOURSELF ON FIRE and RUNNING AROUND at break neck speeds kind of makes us look like a bunch of brainless tools. Now what can we do to prevent our untimely demise? I suppose a potion or a health stone would do the trick. You could pop your blazing barrier too and I *think* that may mitigate some of the incoming damage you are going to suffer. But once again you only need a tiny amount of damage to come to you while you run around in a blaze of glory and pain to finish you off with your own "cheat death" spell But for the most part there is nothing we can do as we watch our health bar tick down rather quickly. And just stare hopelessly that maybe, just maybe, you won't die to your own get out of jail free card. The main problem is you are still in combat. And because of that whatever enemy NPC or Player that brought you to your knees in the first place is still going to be after you. And since you are flagged for combat, you cannot just sit down and have a nice little picnic with you and some mana buns to prevent your incoming demise. Sure the speed boost is nice but for the most part it catches me by surprise and by that time I am like "welp I am already dead so what's the point" Something needs to be done here. And I honestly don't know what solution there could possibly be for this worthless passive ability aside from remove it from the game completely. I am just going to throw some ideas around and see what you all think. Note these are not well thought out so I am just going to list em as I think of em. Idea 1. I would say if anything reduce the damage we burn to be more along the lines of 10-15% instead of 28% Giving us enough of a chance to get away without basically being done for if we got hit once or twice (I actually demonstrated how much 7% health was by having some random goat hit me TWICE to bring me to 93% of my health. Just twice. Two auto attacks and it would have been enough to kill me if I was cauterizing. And that was about.. 6000 health?) Idea 2. Perhaps have Cauterize reignite our Blazing Barrier and make it a bit stronger but with a much shorter duration. Or at least reset the cooldown on it. Just something to give us the opportunity to mitigate the incoming burning if we are fast enough. Idea 3. Perhaps knock back and slow any nearby enemies when Cauterize is cast upon us. Giving us a way to get out of that situation and not instantly be given the tiny tiny amount of damage needed to bring us to -28% health. Maybe something along the lines of blast wave? Idea 4. Perhaps let us take the damage from the burning, but then after start to slowly regain health for, I would even be willing to say, a fraction of what was lost. This also gives me a neat idea that maybe Cauterize removes any poisons, diseases, curses, bleeds, magical debuffs on us (Since once again any on us would be more than enough to finish the job) Just would give us another chance to actually survive the almost certain death. Idea 5. Just a neat side idea would be perhaps allow us to walk on water while under the effects of the "blazing speed" like speed boost. Just something that sounds fun since we are running around really fast. That's all I got. Actually just got auto logged in the time it took me to write this in WoW And before anyone asks. I have played Fire since Vanilla and I am not happy with where it is right now but that is for another topic and I won't get into it here. Perhaps this will give us fire mages some hope if these ideas are taken into consideration. I am all up for bargaining too. 10-15% too steep? I can reason with that. Let's make this fair for not just fire mages, but for anyone fighting them. And for those that don't like to read.. TL;DR Cauterize is a fairly ineffective ability that rarely prevents death, but more or less delays the inevitable for a few short seconds and leaves us feeling embarrassed for running around on fire and dying to our own "cheat death" It just feels bad man.. Something NEEDS to be done.Calthron18 3h
3h Does Arcane Pressure apply to all enemies? I just got the trait and have been trying to figure out.Candelin4 3h
4h stat prority for fire spec hello what r the stat prority for fire specLlidon0 4h
4h Bfa mage confessions I am using mirror images instead of incantors flow. Don't hate, come at me bros! I am like 5% harder to kill now.Irenícus11 4h
6h Arcane Barrage not hitting other targets... Is this just me or has anyone else playing Arcane noticed that when you have a full arcane charge and you use arcane barrage and it shoots multiple swirles at the targets infront of you that it only deals damage to the main target and the other swirles hit but do not do any damage? I have noticed this happening quite often and I am trying to figure out if it's bugged or something. Please tell me in not the only one noticing this...Wtfboom0 6h
8h Arcane mage mana problem? Hi fellow mages. I have a big problem with my mana, i've played a mage for two days now and in dungeons i use my whole mana bar during add fights? im not sure whats draining it so much, is there something i can get or do to help me with this transition? Thanks guysVeyronski3 8h
8h Does Arcane Pressure Apply to all enemies? I meant to ask earlier but worded it wrong, and the title refuses to update. Edit: Title decided to work right after I made this post. Of course.Candelin0 8h
10h Glyph for old arcane missles I still can't get used to the stupid looking pink sparkles swirling thing. The old arcane missles were far superior. Why would you guys there at blizz replace an epic and completely satisfying spell like arcane missles with a dull sub par silly looking one? It does not make sense. Can we please get a glyph for the old arcane missles.Shazaamann14 10h
11h Fire spec is crap!!!! Omfg... just casted 8.. !! Freakin fireballs...!!! And no procs at all..!!! I mean wat in the hell is this?? Is fire bugged or is this really how it is??? I don’t wanna switch specs but if I have to continue to wait for a god damn pyro to proc I’m just gonna have to kill myself...... this is ridiculous!!! Blizzard you guys need to fix this please!!!!Ragingpowers9 11h
11h Ruinous Bolt: Beware I'm not sure if it's a bug or what, but this Azerite trait will auto-attack anything with a red or yellow nameplate in a 40 yard radius, and aggro dumps like Shadowmeld won't stop it. I have literally sat stealthed in a pack of yellow mobs while my Azerite trait continued to pull for me. This trait, as it currently functions, would be an absolute disaster in M+. This is going to be my first re-spec, and I won't pick it again. Just putting it out there.Zeropointt4 11h
11h Fire spec. Need hope! Greetings all, I am trying to like Frost, but it seems I can't play any spec other than Fire at the moment (Just reached lvl120). Is it really worthless spec at the moment for PVE purposes? IcyVeins and Noxxic have way too different talent builds. I feel ok handling numerous mobs together while soloquesting and feel OP(lol), but the damage meter in the instances is killing me. At the moment I have 3 gear pieces with non-spec related build as I am still trying to move to other spec and back. Frost is ok, but it feels boring compare to Fire. Arcane is not a choice unless you guys absolutely sure it's the way to go if I don't want to be kicked out of groups:) Practically, my Fire and Frost both suck in groups (lol) and it's confusing (DPS was 4-5 k on both spec at lvl118 and I was outdamaged by pretty much every other class/level - maybe I run with badass guys, cant tell now). I do not have tons of time to farm for more than one spec at the moment. Please advise the way I need to go.Kardani32 11h
11h Mage vs Rogue advice I am frost and i have returned after many years. I feel like mages cannot do anything to rogues. anyone have any advise on how to 1v1 a rogue?Aretemagus5 11h
13h Frost new build worth taking? wondering if anyone is actually using the BfA frost build with GS and EB. been running the original build but with SI and IV and been doing extremely well for myself in both ST and AoE fights. i haven't seen a single person besides one using the new build and he was only able to come close to my dps on Boss fights. outside of that he was dead last. give or take he was undergeared maybe idk it was in a normal dungeon. Wondering if it is even worth taking though. im currently running Mythics right now and if the build is that slow what makes me want to take it over my current build despite the ST dmg on bosses? i feel like if i use the new build mobs will be dead by the time i even get off GS because of how fast they die. even in mythics they tend to die pretty fast. any suggestions? last time i ran it for leveling i had that issue everything ended up dead before i can really do anything. prolly could just spam ice lance and get higher dmg then that rotation at the time.Lethidoxi0 13h
13h What spec do you think is best in BFA? What spec do you think is the best for BFA? i've tried all three this xpac and cannot make up my mind at all.Veyronski2 13h
13h Fire Mages Neutered What happened to my big beautiful balls? Even when I transmog my artifact weapon on the balls aren't there. Literally unplayable... unsubbed until my balls are back.Qahnaaris1 13h
14h Legion hidden artifact appearance in BFA Now that one cannot increase artifact levels, does the lvl 6 artifact requirement still hold for the eg arcane mage sheep staff?Marionette1 14h
18h Clearcasting proccing twice in a row? So for some reason, sometimes I get clearcasting, spend the proc on Arcane Missiles, and get another one while I am channeling my free arcane missiles. Since clearcasting comes from spending mana, this should be impossible. Is anyone else seeing this? Is it a bug? It seems like it would be impossible to me. Proof: https://youtu.be/A50xuSRKBuYCandelin4 18h
19h PVP arcane/Frost Howdy team, Back to WoW after a pretty big break, really enjoying playing a mage for the first time. I leveled with Frost which I really enjoyed with all the AoE however I am having a rough time in PvP even against melee (Ilvl is only 290ish). I was wondering what the big dogs are going to be playing for arenas, I was wondering if an AM build could be any good? - I was thinking about running with Amplification, slipstream, Anomalous Impact, Arcane Pressure to try and keep the kiting potential or would I just be losing too much dmg....... or should I just stick to Frost. Any advice for a noobie super appreciated :) Regards Kvothe the arcane. P.S any Name of the wind fans got a good Xmog for a travelling Bard <3Kvothê0 19h
20h Frost Plays Slow? Know I'm not 120 yet and have not begun the grind for gear, but I AM curious if this will get better. I was used to playing when cast to cast was 1.4 to 1.5s. Now it's up t0 1.8s and overall I feel UBER slow. Yes I can summon up some big damage when I hit Icy Veins (not to mention my rotation is kinda bolloxed at times as I still at times think it's NOT on the GCD!), but out in the world questing , especially with multiple mobs on me, I'm finding I have to run before I die, pop a health pot, run back, hope my previous damage is still on them, then finish things off. Will it get better at 120, plus some appropriate gear?Brightbrown20 20h
22h Mastery Icicles: Formula Incorrect? Hello, I have gone to WoWhead to pull off the numbers for some frost spells. I've checked several of them, and they line up, such as frost barrier being exactly 22% of your MAX HP, no longer off your intellect. So, stamina buffs your frost barrier - an odd design. I am curious why versatility does not buff this spell either, as it is an absorb/heal. On to the topic on hand, which is our frost mastery. Wowhead states that it deals (0.1% of spell power) - also known as your intellect, as it is an 1 to 1 ratio. Thing is, at my current spell power, which is 4345, the formula (depending on wording) would either mean it generates an icicle compromised of 43.45 frost damage (1% spell power) or 434.50 frost damage (at 10% of spell power). Then you add in your versatility multipliers, in my case being 6%, and I get: 460.57 icicle (0.1 intel * .06 versatility), but my character chart depicts 922 icicle damage, which we easily get if it is 20% of intel * versatility. What I am getting at is, either it is a bug and we are receiving double the benefit of mastery, or the formula just isn't updated in the files for Wowhead, which is odd, since they get the numbers from data mining. Secondly, our mastery plays absolutely no role in our icicle play, which perplexes me, since it is stated as our mastery, yet mastery points contribute nothing to icicles. Is this intended? Currently, mastery only affects our frozen orb damage. Our class design just raises questions. Ice Barrier based off stamina (we aren't warriors) instead of intellect. Mastery Icicles based off intellect, rather than mastery points (I agree intellect should play a role, but what of our mastery stat?) Looking to see what other feedback is on this. TLDR; Ice Barrier is 22% of your max hp, unaffected by intellect. Mastery Icicles: Is 20% of your intellect, multiplied by your versatility, instead of 10% or 1%, which is on the wowhead formula, taken from data mining. Mastery Icicles: Mastery only affects frozen orb damage, and not icicle damage. Is this intentional? If so, should be renamed to Mastery Frozen Orb. Hah.Kiekö1 22h
23h How To: Disable water elemental sound UPDATED The recent patch broke the previous fix as it removed the ability to use custom wav files AND it will default back to the MPQ if it cannot play the file. The fix has been updated as layed out below: If you are like me then you are being driven nuts by the constant glug glug glug sound!!!! Well with very little digging I have found the sound file responsible for my torment, so without anymore babbling here is how you kill that annoying sound. [NOTE THAT ALL FOLDERS AND FILES ARE CASE SENSITIVE!] Step 1: File Structure Go to your World of Warcraft/Data folder, check for a folder named "Sound" if no folder exists make one. Now go inside the Sound folder you created (or if one already existed ) now you are going to make another folder inside Sound named "Creature" (If for any reason one already existed leave it) go into your Creature folder. Now the last folder you will make will be "WaterElemental" Your folder structure should now look like this: World of Warcraft/Data/Sound/Creature/WaterElemental Step 2: Creating the File This part is extremely simple, go to https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx7BY-89MQo_YjhoNTFGWkNSdldoWWdiSnhGQkl2UQ Download the file WaterElementalLoop.ogg and move it into your WaterElemental folder, enjoy! If you don't trust the download link, record a period of silence, convert it to ogg format, and save it as WaterElementalLoop.ogg. Then move the file into the above directory.Nyteshade66 23h
1d Arc Rotation Currently what is our rotation? In PVP I spam missles non stop till I have 4 charges then AP+POM and more missles. In PVE I do the same thing lol. I explode every now and then just to get a few charges but this game play seems less engaging then legion. Atleast in legion we had mark:/ßéllé3 1d
1d What was the actual nerf to arcane pressure? There seems to be a silent hotfix that occured for arcane pressure azerite trait. It would be great to know what actually changed, and the in game tooltip fixed. Thanks!Cery12 1d
1d Frost dungeon questions Is there an in-depth talent and rotation guide available for dungeoning (M+) as Frost? I'm not really able to find anything which answers my questions. If there isn't, I have some questions regarding different scenarios in dungeons: 1. Is Comet Storm always better than Splitting Ice? Assuming: - Comet Storm is always shattered via Freeze (or Frost Nova) on mobs that can be rooted. - Glacial Spike + 1 Ice Lance is consistently shattered via Freeze (or Glacial Spike + Frost Nova), followed by another Ice Lance into the Glacial Spike root (provided it doesn't break) on mobs that can be rooted. 2. What is the proper rotation priority on a pack of mobs which can be rooted? Assuming all cooldowns are up: Frozen Orb, Comet Storm, Icy Veins, Ebonbolt, Blizzard, Freeze, and Frost Nova. What about if Glacial Spike is ready? 3. What is the purpose for always taking Ebonbolt with Glacial Spike? Is it to use the Brain Freeze proc on Glacial Spike shatters? If so, is Ebonbolt's damage that bad now? 4. Should Glacial Spike only be cast if it can be shattered? If so, with Splitting Ice talented, is Glacial Spike worth casting when it will hit 2 targets if it cannot be shattered? 5. When you are constantly gaining Fingers of Frost procs from a Frozen Orb and have a Brain Freeze proc which will fade before you run out of FoF procs, when is the proper time to use Flurry? Is it cast with a Frostbolt? What about if Glacial Spike is ready?Kíd3 1d
1d How's my build? Also: splitting ice vs. CS edit: I think I made my decision on my build. I'd delete the thread but I can't. I'll have some things to test out and maybe I'll edit later ;) Here's my build if it helps, so y'all don't have to go to my armory. I want to know if this would be better in dungeons overall if I replaced Splitting Ice with Comet Storm. I will say that I really like splitting ice, but would my DPS output be exponentially better if I used comet storm in dungeons and raids? I'd also like to know how this build will be for mythic+ and light raiding. I'm not hardcore, and if I can do decent DPS I'm happy. My talents: Lonely Winter Shimmer Incanter's Flow Frozen Touch Frigid Winds Splitting Ice Thermal Void (Wouldn't mind seeing if people think this is alright or not, aside from Splitting Ice vs. Comet storm. Same can be said for my rotation.) My rotation: Icy Veins Frozen Orb Blizzard (sometimes I open with this; in dungeon packs I always do.) Flurry when it procs Ice lance when it procs Frostbolt I'll add that this seems to be a fairy standard build, and I think even without comet storm, splitting ice can be useful when adds appear (as they frequently do) in certain fights. Overall, splitting ice appears to be the superior AoE, while comet storm is the better single-target.Jesereseh4 1d
1d Mages Water Walking Why isn't this a thing? How could Mages not know how to levitate or some spell to carry them over water?Xadie1 1d
1d Make Flamestrike suck less Dear Blizzard, Please consider one of the following suggestions to buff flamestrike: 1. Make flamestrike crits count towards hot streak, or at least have a chance of counting towards hot streak. 2. Buff the snare effect from 20% to 40% or 50%. 3. Make ignite ticks have a chance to apply a short-duration stacking buff that reduces the cast time of your next non-instant flamestrike by, for example, 10% per stack. 4. If nothing else, rename the ability to lamestrike to better fit its current state.Littlegreen8 1d
1d mages counter hunters now? Ive been reading odd comments about how mages counter (or at least do really well) against hunters now, especially bm. Between their feint deaths, uninterruptible attacks, pet damage, ranged silences, they r killing me non stop in 2s and in wpvp. I always thought they counter us! Am I missing something? Anyone have any tips on how to kill these guys?Alunna14 1d
1d Switching to Arcane. Question about gear So I just hit 118 and did a few Dungens. I'm not liking the dps of fire right now. Its ok when questing and all but compared to Arcane its bad. Fire sucks bad on boss fights for sure right now. So my questing is...If I respec into Arcane what about my gear AND my Azerite peices? Will i need to replace ALL my gear and Azerite gear? I know i can reforge the Azerite gear(for the effects and all) but what about the other stats? I dont plan to go back to Fire and will main Arcane mage thru the rest of this expac unless arcane get nerfed into the ground orsomething.Islandsteve2 1d
1d If fire the least played spec now? It seems most people talk about frost and arcane, never fire. As a long time frost mage, this makes me happy since I raided as frost even in vanilla wow and much of Burnign Crusade even though it was suboptimal, but I wondered if what people post here was indicative of actual spec distribution.Irenícus22 1d
1d Mage BFA Leveling. Do mage's get a self heal in bfa? i know blink,shimmer, shield and ice block help but on tougher mobs or more than 2 mobs... either i just plain die or barely live and in some cases make the situation worse with blink/shimmer (extra aggro result in death). love the mage so far but i hate the helpless feeling i get in a 3 or more mob situation, tis is made all the more worse when a warlock not too far from me has pulled the whole area and nuked them down at full health before ive dealt with the 1 of my mobs. not askin to be a warlock the class is there not interested... but a "sh!t hit the fan reset button" wouldn't hurt.. hell jaina lifted a f*cking boat and shot arcane canons im sure we can somehow manage to conjure a healing spell.Layonhams21 1d