Mage

Jan 18, 2017 PvP Mage Macros- Suggestions add your own. I'm interested in sharing what I've got so far, and what else is out there. Not everything I have is originally mine, but most of it I've created myself. Keep in mind I made my mage a few months ago and haven't played much arcane. Original macros have been edited, mostly my own where I've seen the error of my ways, and some have been combined with ideas posted by other players. All credits will be listed. Since this is a thread I created please don't be upset if you post a macro and it is not reflected in the list. Chances are I either somehow missed it or I just don't believe its beneficial, or carries too much risk. Enjoy Pet Macros - Player attacks, Pet attacks player's target,pet defensive ... - Cast Frost bolt, Pet attack player target (on harm), No harm cast Arcane Brilliance ... - Super Polymorph Macro -Lanceløt contribution ... - Pet Freeze, just adds ! to any target area ability ... Miscellaneous Macros! - Makes food while holding shift, consumes food if not ... - Uses Flying Mount if possible, if not uses ground mount. Holding shift uses slowfall ... - Target any of a list of players macro, was useful for tol barad dailies(lower down gives priority) ... - Flame Orb (using cool orb icon, since normal looks like garbage) ... - Rocket Belt (using rocket boot icon from drop-down choice) ... Trinket, Damage, And Utility Macros - Deep Freeze Focus ... - Deep Freeze harm, Arcane explosion vs no harm(stealth) ...- Fire Blast vs harm, molten armor if not(fire spec) ... - Fireblast vs harm, Mage armor if not(other spec) ... - Fire blast Focus (impact) ... - Scorch vs harm, Arcane brilliance if no harm, cancel iceblock ... - Ice barrier has priority over mana shield (will force second mana shield at times) ... - Ring of frost ! ... - Stopcasting->iceblock ... - Cancel iceblock, ice lance ... - Spell steal, cancel aura ... - Damage Cooldowns (no time warp) ... - Damage Cooldowns (time warp) ... - Damage Cooldowns, (Combustion) ... Other User Submitted macros - Counterspell Focus (can't believe I forgot to add this) -Lanceløt ... - Spellsteal focus -Lanceløt ...Mosez188 Jan 18, 2017
Oct 13 [BFA] Mage Resources Starting this now with what I have, will edit and adjust as the expansion goes on. Please try to keep this thread mostly limited to posting sources, threads, streams, etc. that you think are relevant and I will try to curate them as best as I can. So far, not much to go with, but I will do my best to keep on top of this as things develop. If you have specific questions, please continue to use this forum as it is otherwise intended, making threads, posting in discussions, etc. General Mage Info: Hall of the Guardians, the official Mage Discord: https://discord.me/alteredtime Altered Time: http://www.altered-time.com/ Guides: Arcane: Icy Veins: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/arcane-mage-pve-dps-guide AT (Quick and dirty pre-patch guide): https://www.altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6916 Fire: https://www.altered-time.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6917 https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fire-mage-pve-dps-guide Frost: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/frost-mage-pve-dps-guide Useful Links: https://www.herodamage.com/mage/ -- Extremely useful website for comparing trinkets, traits, talents, you name it. <To Follow> More stuffMageski19 Oct 13
Oct 26, 2010 Welcome Mages: Please Read! Welcome to the Mage forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss the mage class with your fellow World of Warcraft players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct (http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct) and guidelines (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15252595157) before posting. Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the World of Warcraft community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Have fun posting on these forums, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!Lylirra1 Oct 26, 2010
Nov 15 Arcane mage dps raids So I’m playing my arcane mage and I’m at lvl 325 doing great dps in dungeons but it takes time to ramp up. How is arcane mages in raids? Never tried them in raids afraid the ramp up time will kill my dps rank in the raids. Plus it’s a lot of casting where you can’t move compared to dungeons so Ik my dps won’t be the highest because of that.Bastenge7 Nov 15
Nov 15 Frosts pvp burst sucks With more gloabls used I do less damage as frost than I do as fire in pvp. My 30 second goes (comet->petnova before cstorm hits->ice nova) hits for less than fireblast->fireblast->pyro->fireblast. My minute orb->comet->pet->icenova->lance hits for less than meteor->fblast->fblast->pyro-fblast, unless I get like 3 fof procs and then it compares, only surpassing if I win the lottery and get 4+fof. My highest potential as frost, veins->orb->cstorm->petnova->icenova->lances does less than !@#$in meteorless combustion->fblast->fblast->pyro->fblast->pyro, while also being more vulnerable to dispel, and being entirely reliant on the target not moving 6 yards. 3 stack 375 tunnel frostbolt shatters for 22k, which just requires the enemy team to generously allow you to freecast on them, which they probably will because frostbolt hits for less than nothing. Better hope no swaps are called so you can take advantage of tunnel and not have to spend another 4 and a half seconds frostbolting some jerk ahead of time so you can take advantage of tunnel+deep shatter crits rather than using them as filler while you wait for your subpar burst to return. Frost burst sucksDaaky4 Nov 15
Nov 15 Leveled a Rogue then Mage.... and boy is it a world of difference. Leveling a Sin Rogue was a blast. Amazing DPS, great at world pvp, stealthing to objectives, faster movement abilities, vanish, crimson vial etc. etc. I loved every minute of it and I'm considering making it my main. The game is in desperate need of ranged and I don't have any so I figured I'll boost a mage they seem fun. My lord leveling is a painful experience. Drinking after every mob, barely surviving 2+ mobs, the dps isn't as great as I assumed it would be. I don't like frost because it doesn't hit as hard as fire or arcane. I like fire for the whack a mole proc playstyle but sometimes if nothing procs it feels bad. I enjoy arcane the most because at 4 charges the dps is awesome but the trade off is the mana requirement. Does it get better at 120? Are world quests still painful at 120 or does the dps really increase exponentially? I really prefer the way cloth looks in this game so I'd like to stick with it, plus I don't want to regret dropping 60 bucks for a boost....Bastinelli8 Nov 15
Nov 15 Conjure food Please remove the Cd when using without a party or just allow me to conjure a table without the party. Needless annoyance can be done without.Memnar0 Nov 15
Nov 15 Rune of Not Fun Rune of Power not fun, remove it from the game. Blizzard themselves have often stated they dont like “stacking damage buffs”. As long as rune of power is in the game there will be cheesy ways to use it. Heres an idea. A fun ability called mirror images. When you are fire, if they crit u can get hot streaks. If you are frost other proccy things. If you are arcane u get arcane charges. What a crazy strange idea, something fun and interesting that alters your gameplay. Also crit is fire mages worst stat and has been for years now, good job developers.Sickmage33 Nov 15
Nov 15 Arcane mage talents? Why do these exist? 1) Reverberate - Why does this exist? Why couldn't they have made this a talent that also has the shoulder effect from legion that has a % chance to throw an orb too? 2)Touch of the magi- Couldn't this have been the crucible talent that made your explosion echo? 3)Nether tempest- Feels lack luster, which they had just moved resonance to this spot or buffed its cleave dmg. 4)Mana shield- LMAO, couldn't this have just been better if it increased the range of displacement/lower the CD by a few seconds or something? 5)Slipstream- why couldn't this just be icefloes again? idk, i dont see how this is comparable with shimmer 6)arcane familiar- Gives a bit more mana and does baby dmg-- would've been a lot cooler if it was like frost elemental that just casted little missles and had the ability to give your group mass invis every 30s like frost nova for water elemental 7)arcane orb-- shouldn't this ability be baseline? Why not put mark of aluneth here? please?? 8)Time anamoly- I don't see why they couldn't have been more creative here.. made this make AP last a few seconds longer or give evocate a second charge or anything controllable by the player =/ (Barrage can now be fired twice before it consumes stacks- 20 second CD?) 9- super nova- niche ability- only used for psuedo interrupt so unsure why they made this on the GCD 10- charged up-- would be nice if they made this give you 4 arcane charges off the gcd, or give you stacks of CC missles. it just feels akward on GCD I feel the problem with Arcane is that our most meaningful ability is arcane blast. As a spender, builder, and filler. 1) I Wish orb was baseline. 2)I wish clearcasting missles scaled off mastery and could stack to 3 again. 3) I wish POM gave you 1 arcane blast free, but it was an automatic crit and off GCD. 4) I wish arcane power was 11.5 seconds so we could have 10 seconds after GCD. 5) I wish mark of aluneth was back as a last row talent. 6) I wish the first row of talents was more interesting, maybe adding a talent that lets you get CC missles more reliably? (When you reach 4 Arcane charges you get a free CC missle stack?) Most of all I just wish arcane was more viable in pvp, and more fun to play in both PVE and PVP. Not saying they are bad in either, it's definately a viable spec in both forms of the game.. but it's boring and often times feels lackluster/slow to play.Medani3 Nov 15
Nov 14 Best trinkets currently? Hey all fire mages! I finally got a balefire branch to drop so I was excited about that. I had a same ilvl ignitions fuse i was using before that. Atm i have a 355 conch of whispers and a 375 balefire. I got rid of the ignitions fuse since its double actives. My question is, what are currently the best trinkets for fire? I know balefire is top tier atm since I dont do pvp to get the medallion this will be my BiS. As far as equip trinkets go (since I assume I cant have 2 active trinkets) what would you guys recommend?Kimbustion1 Nov 14
Nov 14 <Deathnote> 3/8M 6Hrs/Wk LF Mages for CE Server:Kel'Thuzad [A] Raid Times Sunday 8:30pm - 11:30pm MST (10:30pm-1:30am Eastern) Monday 8:30pm - 11:30pm MST (10:30pm-1:30am Eastern) *Off night carries/alt clears Tuesday (10:30pm-1:30am Eastern) Current Prog - 3/8M, 8/8H, 8/8N, M Vectis 19% - Full Repairs - Flasks, Feasts & Runes Provided - 15k-25k gold each off night carry run - DPS Pots provided on some content Immediate Openings - Warlocks & other Ranged DPS - Arms Warrior - Any good quality players that can make raid schedule About Semi-hardcore guild on a lite 2 night schedule. Formed early legion and progressed through Mythic. Guild full of mid to late twenties early thirties players, college students & parents. We will attempt to get CE on each tier. We run a roster of 23-26 to avoid attendance issues + stack classes for fight needs. Activities Gambling PVP/RBGS Gold Carries M+ Key Pushing Recruiting Post in our recruitment thread on https://discord.gg/7ZtVTDN or add me Robbilee#1782 so we can get in contact with you.Vvheelchair4 Nov 14
Nov 14 Meteor: to wait or not Just a question that I’ve seen multiple answers to, should I delay my meteors to line up with Combustion or just throw them out on cooldown? Obviously still casting 1 in between each combustion if I’m delayingZhamoza27 Nov 14
Nov 14 Mage or Warlock? I have a character boost and wanted to try a class I've never played much before. I pretty much only play melee classes, so I've been wanting to try out mage and warlock. I made a character trial on each of them, and I really enjoy all the specs on both. So I can't really decide at all which one to boost up. Do either of the classes have some major pro/con that I could be overlooking? They both seem equally powerful, although mage is slightly squishier. But it makes up for that in kiting capabilities that warlock seems to lack. Any thoughts?Rakshäsa3 Nov 14
Nov 14 9th Percentile on Taloc.... halp! Felt like I was doing everything right... but I got 9th percentile for mythic Taloc. A few questions: Background: - I'm a fire mage - ilvl 366 (low) - Traits are not ideal - Trinkets are okay - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yQAbGcvVzMdhXxJf#fight=5&view=rankings 1. Is this parse based on ilvl? 2. What am I doing wrong? 3. HelpKhairo6 Nov 14
Nov 14 How is Frost doing? I'm trying to decide on a class for Zandalari when it releases come 8.1, but I am having a hard time. I saw that frost (the most appealing mage spec to me) is getting nerfed, will this render them completely obsolete as some have previously said on this forum. Or is it an overreaction and just a minor nerf.Kridan24 Nov 14
Nov 14 Time for self heals. Mages are no longer the top dps class like they used to be. Which is why mages, rogues and hunters had no self heals in earlier expansions. Well rogues and hunters got self heals a long time ago. With the incoming nerfs to mages it's about time we get some sort of self heal.Castaspell16 Nov 14
Nov 14 Fire Mage feels terrible It just feels so lackluster when compared to the other specs. Both themes, graphics and mechanics to a degree will be mentioned. (Suggestions on second post) Fire mage are suppose to be volatile and the most spectacular (in vision) of the mage classes. They are based on the idea of preferring to solve issues by blowing them up in flames. Now compare Fire mage to Frost and Arcane. Fire is VERY lackluster in comparison. Arcane and Frost have amazing graphics and explosive effects to them, while Fire is trailing behind. The only things you can note about fire is Meteor and self-immolating with combustion...but that's it. - You use Fireball (roughly 2.25 second cast) to build up for crits. That's fine. - Pyroblast is literally a fireball..just slightly enlarged. The only way you can tell a difference is if you are looking closely and notice..that was a bigger fireball". - Flamestrike...thee once core definition of Fire mage. The skill that a legendary weapon was named after. The literal skill we once played around with in WC3, from the first fire mage hero....is useless. The graphics are great but...it has next to no function. Flamestrike has roughly a 4.5 second cast but can be used with hot streak. It has HALF the damage of a Pyroblast and does not contribute to hot streaks. Unless you take the flame patch trait (which would cripple you elsewhere), you'd barely come close (but not even) to a pyroblast. Even when fighting groups of mobs, it is better to use pyroblast for the chance of proccing hot steaks than it is standing there shooting fireballs to hope for a crit to waste a flamestrike hot steak on. It really is saddening to see Flamestrike in such a situation. - Living bomb, a once basic part of a fire mage's kit..is now a talent. A talent that when picked, will reduce your damage output for singular mobs. - What is the purpose of fire exactly. Burst? Arcane does that far more reliably and better. CC? Frost is king. AoE? Funny enough...not even that, unless you specifically spec for AoE and leave yourself crippled in dishing out damage. Fire has some great solo hits...but only if you have your combustion off CD. Once that is used up, you can find yourself in a very prickly situation.Malajal29 Nov 14
Nov 14 Rate That Mage Mog 3 Because 2 got so big we had to put it down.Koadic459 Nov 14
Nov 13 Returning Fire Mage LF Advice I have always loved fire and was wondering what everyone is using for PVP. I will be honest I learned to play as a clicker and the highest rating I achieved was around 2100- I have tried to play with binds but it wasn't working for me- I would like to push a 2200 rating in 2's and 3's and was hoping to get some advice on getting away from clicking or are there any 2200+ rated Clickers- If so what do you use UI and Macro Wise Thank YouPeãnut0 Nov 13
Nov 13 Viability of Arcane Mage Hi guys, I Just need to know if the Arcane spec is viable to do mythtic raid and M+ Dungeons. Can someone help me?Mathaen1 Nov 13
Nov 13 heed my call trait.. if you have it on multiple items, don't they apply it separately... not showing up on sim..Sisterspite2 Nov 13
Nov 13 I miss those days when mage.. When mage was a real mage who used to control fire, ice and arcane at the same time back to BC/wotlk. Now mages are attached to only one school of magic which doesn't feel wizardly. Even shaman feels more wizardly than mages. Mages should be able to control all kind of magic binded to arcane, as Lore says.Mandriuz6 Nov 13
Nov 13 Not playing ever again Not only mage but wow. I want the old arcane missles back or i'm never subbing again. Ok bye. You can't have my stuff. I won't miss you either. I miss old arcane missles and chaos bolt. Even the old frostbolt. I miss the old game that was perfect with pvp vendors and non scaling zones and no rng. Goodbye everyone.Shazaamann11 Nov 13
Nov 13 Portal hitbox Does anyone notice a hitbox frame from using portals? https://i.imgur.com/oEMmrnC.jpgMemnar3 Nov 13
Nov 13 Mage Class Designer? Dev? Anything? Is there an actual dedicated mage class designer? Have they ever played arcane for more than three minutes? I swear I really think that this class and this spec has been completely forgotten. I mean I realize that shamans, shadow priests, and ferals are broken . . . but legit if they think that the state of mages (regardless of spec) are fine . . . I am really concerned.Brohan12 Nov 13
Nov 12 Frozen orb I feel like it's an annoying spell for others to look at. Am I alone on this?Lougim3 Nov 12
Nov 12 Staff or One-Hand w/off hand Was wondering what is better to use now. The old Staff or the stat stick method of the one-handed weapon with an off hand. What are your thoughts? What do you use? Please discuss.Galatharia8 Nov 12
Nov 12 How's fire going into 8.1? I'm currently only sitting at 363 ilvl, and definitely not the best Azerite traits, but I'm struggling to be competitive in Heroic Uldir or Mythic+. Any insights into current versus 8.1, or resources I should be checking out to better min max?Khairo19 Nov 12
Nov 12 Why Mages should be bodybuilders. This is a post about nothing serious in game or at all for that matter. I've seen some videos about Kul Tirans beings mages with comments along the lines of "finally a caster that looks like he or she's supposed to". I'm here to tell you why you're dead wrong. Sure the stereotype is that we're a bunch of nerds who study all day and have no time but please the gym doesn't take all day. Few things that require a stronger better body is... Time: You're a mage you can alter time or surely learn how. Plus with your portal magic you're only 9 seconds away from your Arcane Fitness Gym. Consistency and commitment: Again you can portal there. When everyone else in your party sets up a stupid fire or checked into a crap tavern you're like "I'll brb" and bam portal to your gym. It's either "hey Warlock can you summon me" or I'll just set my hearthstone. Yea when that wandering warrior is out doing pull ups on trees and lifting rocks probably aggravating his sciatica you just portal blink blink to the Dalaran's Gold Gym. (And lift smartly) Bonus: With Arcane Intelligence you learn how to lift safe and at expert level right off the bat. Some would say most importantly is food: Bam you're all set, your a mage! You just conjure up some food that fits your diet doesn't have to be biscuits and brownies could obviously get some healthy protein like conjure chicken breast. Because that hunter is probably eating some BS roadkill that's not even close to feeding his macros. And finally you wear cloth. Why is that so important? Well that paladin.. yea he has some really bad knees and shoulders from running around all day in gear. No amount of holy magic is going to cure that pinched nerve right now. So you have time, portals, and food there is no reason you should be paper thin unless you hate working out then that's cool. But if you like working out being a mage is going to help your gains immensely. You should honestly be the most buff dude or gal in the party.Dessious7 Nov 12
Nov 12 Cant decide, PLEASE HELP! I cant decide between frost or fire, for mythic + fire spec is so much more fun for me but I know the slows and novas or super helpful in m+ please help me decide! lol thank you.Äaron1 Nov 12
Nov 12 Mark of Aluneth Frost and fire got to keep their fancy relic spells. How come we arcanists can’t spec into mark of aluneth. It was pretty cool with its aoe and dot aspect. Looked awesome too. I miss it! Can we has it back peeez!!!!Emeryss8 Nov 12
Nov 11 Fire mage vs destro I am stuck between Destro lock and fire mage. I would like to listen your opinions. Which class is/has better: 1.Pve 2.Pvp 3. Fun (engaging rotation, look and feel) 4.Mogs 5.Fantasy Please consider the changes that both classes Will receive in 8.1. Thanks :)Ivraa13 Nov 11
Nov 11 Frost mage head gear? I'm fairly new to WOW and the only gear im missing is head and trinkets. I have yet to find any piece of head gear, even low level gear. Unless I look at the AH but it's too expensive there. Any advice or any place I can get some?Ssyndra6 Nov 11
Nov 11 Removing rune of power Would solve all mages issues overnight.Omegon17 Nov 11
Nov 11 Started a mage... which specc do I pick? My mage is currently lvl 15 and frost specc since it was the default when I dinged level 10. Should I stay frost? I"ll be doing some mythics and some BGs at 120Robotech9 Nov 11
Nov 11 Started Leveling my first Mage today... Thought so far: Arcane: "Meh. This is okay, I guess." Frost: "Oooh, these ARE nice slows. I can see why some say this spec is overpowered in PVP" Fire: "Today...I AM A GOD!!! AHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!"Jakkø2 Nov 11
Nov 11 Kultirans: mage vs shaman Hi Since kultirans will be able to be shamans, I am thinking about to level one. Now I am stuck between mage and shaman. I do not mind healing (I like to do it for convenience) I would like to listen your opinions about which class is/has better: 1.Pve 2.Pvp 3. Fun (engaging rotation, look and feel) 4.Mogs 5.Fantasy Please consider the changes that both classes Will receive in 8.1. ThanksMandrix4 Nov 11
Nov 10 Upgrade heirloom or buy a new one? So i recently bought the Tattered Dreadmist Robe and Tattered Dreadmist Mantle and im wondering if i should upgrade one of them or buy a new heirloom like the Dignified Headmasters Charge?Ssyndra2 Nov 10
Nov 10 How are the mage specs? Im gonna be leveling a mage while my account has no time, and I am curious ehat the mage specs are looking like right now. Usually I play fire because I find it fun, but the last time I played fire mage was in WoD on my old account when I sharrd with my dad.Rustyus1 Nov 10
Nov 10 Regarding PvP, it's kind of telling... ...that just about every PvP Mage out there has the Temporal Shield talent. Now I could be wrong, as I don't have access to the full stats, but every single mage PvP profile I've seen would have Temporal Shield. Every single mage in PvP I've fought in-game would pop Temporal Shield as well. It's like, mages are just so hungry for any sort of defensive ability that we'll take what we can get. IMO, I think Blizz should just make it baseline.Kreivos6 Nov 10
Nov 9 The Magic Machine-gun (Troll Build) I've been having a ton of fun in world PVP and casual BGs using this interesting combo of talents I tried. I am sharing so others who are looking to mix it up can give it a try for fun! The Magic Machine Gun Build Core Amplification: When Clearcast, Arcane Missiles fires 1 additional missiles. Slipstream: Clearcasting allows Arcane Missiles to be channeled while moving. Overpowered: Arcane Power now increases damage by 60% and reduces mana costs by 60%. Arcane Empowerment: Clearcasting can now stack 2 additional times, and increases the damage of Arcane Missiles by 5% per stack. The build revolves around getting clear cast procs that allow you to cast Arcane Missiles while moving and shooting an extra missile. Using Overpowered makes your Arcane Missiles spam hit like a truck, while Arcane Empowerment allows you to get to get extra stacks of the clear cast procs you want and increases the overall damage of your Arcane Missiles. Rotation: Spam Arcane Missiles Cast Arcane Barrage: when moving and clear casting / slipstream isn't up Cast Slow on everything Burst: Cast Charged Up Cast Arcane Power Cast Nether Tempest Spam Arcane Missiles I've had some pretty hilarious 3-4 second kills when stacking damage buffs such as zerker, ring of power, etc... Hope you enjoy have fun!Beachbody5 Nov 9
Nov 9 Arcane Mage PvP 8.1 I noticed that Arcane Mage is getting a little bit of attention. Will this have any effect on Arcane's current (lackluster) performance in Arena?Lilwetwipe13 Nov 9
Nov 9 Help requested: Non-dress Xmogs To be perfectly honest, if WoW was real life, I would 100% use a robe, but then again I wouldn't be a human male with a body that is a boxy monstrosity. This is in part the reason why I prefer pants. That being said, I am perfectly happy with my current xmog. However, I would love to see what other fellow mages can put together. Hopefully I am not the only pants enthusiast. Post your suggestions, please. It would be nice to see some themes based on spec too!Azorus18 Nov 9
Nov 9 Arcane Mage PvE Question So I played a little bit of this mage in Legion and I'm just now leveling it for BfA. I get the whole burn phase/conserve phase but Everywhere I look the rotation says to use Evocation at the end of your burn phase and then sit at 50%+ mana until you reenter the next burn phase. My question is what benefit is there to using evocation at the end of your burn phase when the goal is to stay mana-neutral? If you save Evocation for the end of your conserve phase, you are unable to make the mistake of burning too much mana while conserving. In this scenario if you are too aggressive with your mana expenditure, the fact that you have 0 mana forces you to dial back and then you have evocation for when you enter burn phase again and need your mana.Galemancer10 Nov 9
Nov 9 Aluneth - BfA Transmog Hello, I have read forum posts stating that Aluneth's voice will be able to be heard if you were to transmog to the stave. Yet, I cannot get him to speak his sweet awesome whisperings to my ears! Is this a bug, or is this intentional?Kiekö9 Nov 9
Nov 8 Talents/Stat Weights: Sims or...? Greetings, fellow mages! I wanted to ask everyone's opinions regarding how they choose their talents. Do you go entirely based on sims or do you make choices based on personal preference? I know the absolute best way is to change talents (and sometimes even spec) based on the fight/boss. I ask because for the longest time, Searing Touch + Meteor was simming the highest for me. I had read that at a certain ilvl Firestarter + Pyroclasm would overtake the above combination. I finally got a 370 weapon last night, pushing me to 362 ilvl. According to the sims, this talent combination sims higher for me now. https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/ocUzoQzjbT2XSUaxgKStzS Has anyone run RoP + Pyroclasm? How do you like it? I'm not sure how I'd feel about this combination because it seems a little clunky and hard to coordinate well...? According to the sims, Versatility is also now my highest simming secondary stat: https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/7AuhyhV3mZSdpFWcJpvR6v Are my fellow mages using Versatility enchants/socketables? It's just difficult for me to wrap my head around the idea of going Versatility after playing Fire in Legion (where Crit or Haste or Mastery shined). Thanks!Fajra11 Nov 8
Nov 8 New Portal Rooms Announcement Are mages annoyed at this? I feel like they're making city accessibility so ridiculously easy, and it takes away from the impact and awesomeness of having a class with teleports and portals. Thoughts?Vierth16 Nov 8
Nov 8 Mage feels very depressing I feel like I’m watching a big wave getting ready to crash on me, the nerfbat wave for frost. I started out this xpac as arcane but from one day to the next the spec was destroyed for pvp and even pve with the shield nerf and endless azerit trait nerfs . Now I picked up frost and managed to find some frost gear the nerf bat is coming in a few weeks, I don’t mind reasonable nerfs but this is ridiculous ,it all adds up to a 25%nerf to damage and 360%nerf to snares(the bread and butter of frost) I guess some of the mele complained about how they disliked being slowed in arena or something and boom the spec is gone. even worst than it was for arcane... guess it’s time to reroll a mele or find an other game but all this time farming the azerit points is lost... if these changes go into effect mages will become the new shaman in terms of a hopelessly gimped class and we don’t know how long it’s gonna last. I do not like seeing the class and spec I love destroyed only to placate the easiest classes to play (mele)Aten25 Nov 8
Nov 8 Suggestions for soloing old instances Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the game and I recently discovered the joy of soloing old dungeons and raids for gold and transmogs. Can I get some suggestions on which older instances are the best for farming mage transmogs, staffs, etc since most bosses seem to drop plate, mail or leather gear :( Thanks!Burningg1 Nov 8
Nov 8 Intellect Macro Do you Arcane Mages ever realize after 10 fights that you forgot to put you Intellect buff on? I do, often. I am constantly eating Mana Buns after a fight to quickly refresh my health and mana. So I made a macro to combine Int buff and Food. Make your Conjured Mana Buns in your bags, click one time on this after a fight. It refreshes your Arcane Intellect 60 minute buff everytime and immediately sits you down to eat food to fill up your health and mana bars. #showtooltip Conjured Mana Bun /cast Arcane Intellect /use Conjured Mana BunLicck3 Nov 8